Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arabian nights

Bare feet slid across the sands, raising little yellow clouds into the air as the young man ended his run yet again. *Once again his senses told him to curb his curiosity and run, and yet he soon found himself facing the hunched figure. *He spoke with a slight bow, holding the package in front of him.

Pardon me, but you've left a lot of questions behind with this here package for me to ponder. *Well, with such an ominous warning having been spoken, I would rather have an answer or two to match them if it's not too much of an inconvenience.

Politeness aside, in his mind he was determined to get some answers, especially since every second he waited placed him in greater danger of being captured.
    ...to the topTop

::Rayna was shocked when someone approached her and held out a package - but she didn't give anyone anything. Now this boy threatened to expose her. With a swish of her cane, still careful to keep the hood on her head low as to keep her face hidden, she attempted to dismiss him with a low, hissing voice.::

Begone. Detain me not.
    One for sorrow, two for joy,
    Three for a girl, four for a boy,
    Five for silver, six for gold,
    Seven for a story that's never been told.
    ...to the topTop

The young man raised an eyebrow. The person in front of him was a lot more feisty than the elder woman he had previously seen, and her voice was not of an old maiden. As he raised his head, a quick, almost unseen wave of his hand stirred the air, causing the hood in front of him to shift enough to reveal a tan chin and a young pair of lips.
    He quickly drew the parcel closer to his chest and prepared to offer an apology when two men, richly garbed in dark robes, turned the corner not far from him.

Sorry! Was all he uttered before, with a quick sidestep, he was out of sight. And just in time as in that very moment, the larger of the dark men turned his head towards the lone figure that now remained in the alley, pointing it out to his companion.
    Check that one!
    ...to the topTop

:: Oh no. He had seen her. Her blood ran cold when she heard the voices behind her and the young man disappeared. They had found her. But they hadn't caught her yet. Thinking quickly, she kept moving as an elderly lady would past a vendor with a pen full of pigs. Her cane deftly caught the latch to the gate and the pigs immediately started pushing their way out of the pen. It was pandemonium for a few moments and in that time, she attempted to lose her pusuers by ducking down numerous side alleys and ending up behind them. Tucking herself between some large casks, she pulled the hood down so she could see and hear more clearly. She needed a new disguise now - and it was all that boy's fault! She jumped slightly when the bellowings of a man selling - no - giving away magic carpets, fezzes and genie bottles echoed down the alley. Peeking over a cask, she watched him display his wares.::

~There's no way he could just give that stuff away. There must be a catch. Too bad genii aren't real. I could use a little help about now. ~
    ...to the topTop

The bellowing man notice's the old lady hiding behind the Cask
    The bellowing man "can I help you?"
    Characters
    Goranice
    Windel
    The bellowing manDead
    Gunda
    Kone
    ...to the topTop

::She had turned her back on the salesman to see if her pursuers had followed her, so she was startled when he suddenly came upon her. In fact, she nearly jumped over the casks, which blew her cover as an old woman completely. Stammering for a second, she quickly decided to use this to her advantage and put on a more business-like air.::

Oh, pardon me sir, you startled me. I was looking at your wares from afar and was wondering if you could tell me how I know there are real genii in those bottles?

::All the while, her keen eyes darted around, looking for any possible escape routes should her former master's "friends" catch up with her.::
    ...to the topTop

The bellowing man:ah,it is true not all the bottle's have Gennie's in them,I do not know for theses Good's belong to my master,and Alas my time grows shorter by the moment.if you would like a Gennie bottle by all means help yourself there are many shapes and size's and color's for you to choose from,so please help yourself.are you hiding from some one?come closer to my masters stall(the table his Merchandise is on) there is a magical field around it,it will hide you from the people you wish to disappear from.
    ...to the topTop

::At this, the young woman stepped back in alarm. In this day and age, you didn't let ANY merchant take you into his "stall". And magics? She knew nothing of magics - he was probably lying. Just then, she heard a shout, so having a sudden change of heart, she accepted his offer with a nervous smile - hoping that she wouldn't regret it. The genii bottles were all beautiful. Each made of a different coloured glass and each hand blown to a unique shape. The bottles alone were worth a few denarii. Why would he just give them away?::
    ...to the topTop

|*Zahida*|

She had been told since the day the Elder Priestess' took her into their care that she was a special child. She prided herself to think that the Elders looked upon her with such favor, yet she couldn't exactly place why and the childish curiosity she'd long suppressed behind her calm manner sometimes begged to be heard. Now was one of those times. She's always been good in her studies, an apt student with a rapture for the knowledge of history and culture. She had an air of intrigue about her and the deepness of her dark brown eyes only heightened that, being such a rare color among the area of Persepolis.

What also intrigued her, and the Elders, was the markings on her back, the shama, the ones she'd had those since she was born. Apparently her mother had too. But that didn't matter now. She was a Priestess to the Gods and all that mattered was her prayer, her piety, and her little plot of earth back in the Temple.

And the afternoon prayer bells. She, along with several of the younger priests and priestesses were about for their monthly outing- one of the only times they were allowed together. They were only allowed out once or twice a month, if even that. After all, why go beyond the Temple walls when all you needed was right there? Still, the outings were seen as a moment to be alone and watch the world from a closer vigil than lonely midnight window or when travelers came in for prayer. The Normal populace did not make any special commotion when the sandy red-robed women and blue-robed men came out into their world and yet there was an air of caution about those who wandered near. They were mediaries to the Gods after all.

Thus Zahida, a Priestess of the Gods, came out into the rising sun of the market-world. A thin, golden wreath held her hair back from her face- her Hala; the "halo around the moon" manifested in gold and gem that symbolized the night-eye of the Gods watching over them. A red gem, the color of her robes, dangled between her eyes, dangling from that golden "crown", from her Hala. Only women wore the Hala. They were the day guardians. Men wore another piece, similar to theirs, but about their neck. Theirs was the moon and it's halo, and the preistess had their halo and their sun. Recieving it was a treasured moment.

Zahida's long, dark hair was braided and it hung out of her hood that hung back on the top of her head- just enough to shade her face from the sun and the curious eyes of those who were either too curious or too ignorant. Her sandals caught the sand and her toes wiggled to free the grains from the tight crevasse that opened between her shoes and her feet as she walked.

They would not buy anything. Oh no, they rarely ever bought anything unless it was fabric for weaving or candles for prayer. Those were usually errands the young boy-to-be-priests ran. Jewelry, besides the Temple jewelry, was never allowed and while punishment was not strict, the devout felt the pain of it in their spirit. Zahida's mind drifted, as it often did on peaceful days, to her earlier years in the Temple. So lost in these memories was she that she did not see the young man come darting from an alleyway. Perhaps it was more of a quick sidestep, but, regardless of that, it landed the two of them smack into each other. Zahida fell back, into her dearest friend at the Temple, Saira, sending her into the crowd of mixed people and young priest-cast. Zahida caught herself before she fell after her friend, and simply landed on the ground with a soft thump. She blinked and looked at the young man in astonishment and curiosity.

"Oh! I... I'm sorry. Are you alright?"

Zahida, not thinking, reached out a hand. She paused, curling her fingers in the air. Wooden bracelets slid back down her arm and clunked together.
    |*Just some SILLY little clones*|

Currently Active: Arion, Ganard, Aramil.

Currently Inactive: Jolliet, Rhen, Aiza, Zahida, Saira or Nadya, Midori, and Lotus.
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Quaxo's Quorum
    ::At this, the young woman stepped back in alarm. In this day and age, you didn't let ANY merchant take you into his "stall". And magics? She knew nothing of magics - he was probably lying. Just then, she heard a shout, so having a sudden change of heart, she accepted his offer with a nervous smile - hoping that she wouldn't regret it. The genii bottles were all beautiful. Each made of a different coloured glass and each hand blown to a unique shape. The bottles alone were worth a few denarii. Why would he just give them away?::
    The bellowing man:I am Mesoh Nusitu,I am over 250 years old even though I look like a young man,you hesitate yet you have nothing to fear from me.your look says you wonder how a person could give these away?my master wishes it,he has no use for these items so he would give them away to who ever wishes to have one but the catch is they must take a Gennie Bottle to or they must pay for the other goods.that is my master's wish.
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast