Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    New Player Question and Answer

New Player Question and Answer

Are you new to Role Playing? Interested in finding out more about getting involved? Ask your questions here, and we will be sure to answer those questions for you.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Hey, Jas, I'll be keeping an eye into this thread as well.

Look, I added a link to my sig as well.

M

What must I do in order to join the Crossgen RPG? What power level can I give my character? There are restrictions I must be aware of?
    My life for your life, my death for your life, my death for your death.

Hello, Estrecca!

First of all, let me give you a big to the Role Play Forum!

Now, onto your question.

Most games are accepting new players and to join, it’s easy. Most of the games in the IC Forum (In Character Forum) have their counterparts in the OOC Forum (Out of Character Forum). You can post in any of OOC threads that correspond to the storyline you’d be interested in joining.

I know some of the storylines have several pages of history going on, but don’t feel overwhelmed, you can also ask for a briefing on what’s going on and someone will tell you.

As for power levels, there’s not any restriction. Just try to bring some balance to the power level of your character so he or she is not almighty (they are too difficult to play).

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask.

M

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Allow me to add my welcomes as well, Estrecca! I saw your name on the new members and was wondering where you'd pop up! Feel free to browse the many SLs we have to offer!
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.

Blog Entries

Welcome Estrecca!

As M (Meteoro) and Quaxo have said, you can feel free to browse the threads and find one that you like. You can also let us know what type of story you are interested in joining, we have fantasy-like, science-fiction, horror, etc. We'll be happy to help you find the right place.

Or, if you just want to get involved, when you have a basic idea for your character (you don't even need to know all your abilities), you can just pop into the Secundae Orphanage and say "hello" in character. Once there, you will be greeted by other players in character, and helped at your own pace into the RP universe.

Again, like M said, if you have any questions, please ask. We're here to help.

The Underworld

The Underworld

I Am Looking For A Place To Call Home(A Thread) Any suggestions? Perfurably With Wiccans Or Vampires Or Demons Or Underworld Areas.
    The Last Of The Vambain's

I am Wolf Bain Last Of The Vambain's Protecters Of The Wiccan And Destroyer Of Demon's We Are Born Of Wiccan's A Cross Of Vampire,Werewolf And Wiccan Magic

Blog Entries
    Well, there are a couple of options.

1) Planet M. This is more of a comical style world, with undead and other mythical beings.

2) Kelesar. This is a Gothic/Cyberpunk world where Vampires, Werewolves and Mages rule, and humans are supressed. Cyborgs, Bionts and Scholars (Wiccan-like) help protect the humans.

3) Knome Investigations. This is separate from the main core of RP as a stand-alone adventure. It is modeled after the Underworld and World of Darkness.

If you are interested in any of the threads, each ahve their own OOC Thread in the Discussion and Planning forum where you can ask about joining. Or you can post here for the thread you're interested in, and someone will let you know where to go to find out more.

Is there a place where you guys submit characters to be approved?

This is just a general question thread. You submit character ideas in the individual story forums. All should have a OOC (out of character) thread to post in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast