Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Angela Parker

Angie was really looking forward to seeing Abby again, and meeting her son. From what she had heard from her new friend, it sounded like he was a really nice boy. And hopefully she could introduce their men to each other, and they could schedule a double date at some point.

I hope so too, she replied to her friend, before turning her attention to Jake and waiting for his reply.

When Jake said he was sorry, but he wouldn’t be able to come to the game, Angie sighed. “You work way too much”, she replied, not in an unkind intonation. “But fine, I know you have important stuff to do”.

With another sigh, she leaned close to Jake and kissed his neck gently. “You’re gonna make it up to me when you get back”, Angie stated, resting her head on Jake’s shoulder and picking up her phone again.

He’s got some stupid work thing again..., she sent to Abby.

Jake Turner

Jake knew Angie wanted her to meet her new friend. He was glad she had a new friend and the woman she told him about sounded nice. But he couldn't meet her. Not this time, he already had plans with Abby and Nicholas. Not that he could tell his wife that. Work was his best excuse to get out of everything. He had been using it a lot since he got over his head with Abby.

"I know but I work to make sure my girls get all they want in life."

Jake replied to Angie. He did work a lot and he had a meeting with Mister Nakamura, just not for the day Angie was planning to meet her friend. Mister Nakamura wanted to meet him the day before. But his wife didn't need to know that. He gave Angie a kiss and said.

"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you. I promise."

He'd eventually meet this friend of hers, just as long as it didn't interfere with his plans with Abby.

Abby Walters

Abby was looking forward to the meeting she and Angie were planning. It would fun to see her again and for their loved ones to meet as well. She thought it would be great if Jake and J would hit it off. It'd be nice to have another couple to do couple things with. The problem was getting Angie's husband to agree. Apparently, he was a big workaholic, like Jake was. She sighed when she saw Angie's text. So much for getting their guys together. At least this time.

He's just like BF. Always working.

BF, boyfriend, was how she referred to Jake in her texts.

Oh, well. The five of us can still have fun.

Jake had promised he'd go to Nicky's game. He never missed one.

Angela Parker

Angie couldn't help but smile when Jake said he worked to make sure his girls got all they wanted in life. That was a fact, and she couldn't deny it. Ever since they had gotten married, Jake had been a great provider. What was sad was that he had to spend so much time away from home - and from their quickly growing daughter - in order to provide for them. While Angie did work, she knew it wasn't enough for Jake to get a lower-paying and lower-stress job. "I know, baby. And you're great at that. But it's still not fair", she replied.

When Jake said he'd make it up to her, Angie nodded and stole a quick peck from his lips. "Okay, honey. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to complain. It's just... you're always gone. We miss you".

Once she had finished talking to Jake, Angie turned her attention back to her phone. Yeah. It's really frustrating, sometimes I wish I could get him to get another job. He's missing out on everything with Sally, and it pains me, she confessed with a sigh.

After her short vent, Angie turned back to her usual positive behavior. You're right. I'll feed Sally all kinds of crap to make it up for his absence, she sent, adding a smiling face to the message. I can't wait to meet up again and introduce you to Sally. I'm sure you two will be good friends, she sent, before sending a third text. I'm gonna crash now. See you soon!

Turning off her phone, she turned her attention to Jake. "I'm going to check on Sally and then bed, honey. Are you coming?".

Jake Turner

Jake was almost about to say life wasn't fair when Angie kissed him. He did love her but he already had plans. It wasn't with Mister Nakamura, though. It was with Abby and Nicholas. Both were coming very important to him. As important as Angie and Sally were. Eventually, he'd have to make a choice, but he wasn't ready to do that yet. He nodded his head to her.

"I know....I miss you too. I'm sure we'll get a chance to hang out with your new friend and her family."

Jake replied, having no idea that Angie's new friend was Abby. In fact, he had no idea they were both texting Abby at the same time. Jake sent Abby a text.

Good news! I don't have to work. I'll be there for Nicky's game. I can't wait to see it! I know he'll do awesome.

He wrote and nodded his head to Angie.

"I'll be there in a few minutes."

He told her, wanting to text with Abby a little longer.

Abby Walters

I understand. Kids are only little once. Money comes and goes, but memories are forever.

Abby replied to Angie, understanding where Angie was coming from. She did understand how important jobs were, but kids grew so fast. The time she spent with Nicholas, was something she could never get back. Could she find herself a more important job, that paid her lots of money, if she looked hard enough. But she didn't want one like that. Not right now, not when her son was still a kid. When he was grown, then she'd rethink that stance. She worked to take care of her son. Nicholas came first, then a job. She felt sad for Angie that her husband didn't feel the same. She knew Jake worked a lot but, as far as she knew, he didn't have a kid. So, his situation was different, she thought. If things got so serious with them that they wanted to build a permanent life together, though, she'd want him to work less and spend more time with his family. One thing at a time, she and Jake were no close to talking about that type of commitment.

She laughed when she read Angie's next reply.

LOL. Get her on a sugar high and have Dad deal with the aftermath. That'll teach him.

It was something she'd do and thought it would funny. When Angie wrote she had to go, Abby replied.

I can't wait to meet her too. I'm sure we'll have fun. Have a good night!

Abby then turned her attention back to her texts with Jake. While she wished he could meet Angie's husband, she had a feeling they'd get along great, she was glad read he was coming.

That's awesome! I can't wait. Nicky will be excited to and you know he will. I have a surprise for you too.

She hadn't told him that Angie and Sally were coming. She wanted to surprise him by introducing him to a new friend of hers. Having a mutual friend would be a big step on their relationship and she didn't want to scare him off.

Angela Parker

"All right, honey. I'll let her know we'll have to take a rain check on that double date", she replied to Jake's words, deciding arguing wouldn't change anything. It wasn't like he would become less of a workaholic due to her bugging him, after all. Sadly, she was stuck with this lifestyle for a while, at least until Sally was going to school and she could look for a higher-paying job and maybe Jake could work a bit less.

She laughed softly at Abby's text and shook her head. Great idea. I'll do just that. Thanks for the suggestion!, she replied to her friend. Maybe I'll ask you and Karen out for a girls' weekend and leave him with Sally just for the fun of it!

Nodding when Jake said he would be in bed in a few minutes, Angie went to Sally's bedroom and checked on her baby girl, who was sleeping peacefully. With a happy sigh, Angie went to her own bedroom, lying down on her side of the bed and waiting for Jake to come to bed too.

Going to Abby's son's game would be a lot of fun, and Angie couldn't wait to meet Abby's kid and her boyfriend. Sadly, Jake wouldn't be there, but they could always meet up in the future, and she could tell him about her thoughts on Abby's boyfriend and sell him as a good potential friend.

Abby Walters

You're welcome and I think another girls' night will be lots of fun!

Abby replied to Angie and told her before telling her to have a good night. Abby had had lots of fun the first impromptu girls' night she and her sister had with Angie. She was sure another one would be equally as fun. She did understand where Angie was coming from. Jake was a big workaholic too, just like J was. It was almost eerie how similar the two men were. She wished Jake a good night and hoped he would enjoy the surprise. She wanted him to be a big part of her life, not just know her and her son. Meeting with Angie and Sally, that would be a big first step towards that. She was very excited for the game.

Jake Turner

"That's fine. I'm sure we'll figure something out."

Jake replied to Angie, a little distracted. He was sure he'd eventually meet this new friend of hers. It was only a matter of time, he'd just have to make sure any double date Angie planned didn't conflict with his plans with Abby and Nicholas.

Oh really? Now, I'm super curious.

He texted Abby when she said he had a surprise for him.

I hope it is a good one.

He added, he figured it would be. He enjoyed his time with Abby greatly. It was starting to become more fun for him to be with Abby then his own wife. He knew Abby well enough though that she wouldn't tell him what the surprise was or drop him a hint. So, he told her goodnight and that he was excited for game day. He then went to join Angie for the night.

Angela Parker

Angie was still a little disappointed, but she decided she would go to Abby's son's game with Sally, have some fun, and then she would get with Jake for a conversation whenever possible. It was complicated to live this way. Sure, he brought money home, but she felt like she barely had a husband for most of the time. While she didn't want to separate or divorce, she didn't want to live like a single mom either.

With a sigh, Angie tried to push these ideas out of her mind. One thing at a time. Maybe a conversation or some counseling would work. Then, if it didn't, she would try and go back to working out in the office and arrange something with mom, and make a little more money. And if things did get to the point where they got divorced, Angie was sure Jake wouldn't mind paying child support, and she wouldn't have to go into a drawn out legal battle.

Once again, Angie tried not to think about what she was thinking. She needed to sleep well, and keep life going, after all. And the game was something she could look forward to. She would get to take Sally out, meet Abby again, and meet her son and her boyfriend. Maybe she could learn something about him, and pitch him to Jake as a possible friend, who knew?

=== The Game ===

Despite her upset with Jake, Angie was looking forward to the game. She had managed to get Sally excited to, and it was a beautiful day, so it would be nice to be out of the house, and maybe she would even have something to blog about afterwards, as real life experiences were always inspiring.

Deciding that she would have fun no matter what, Angie picked out matching outfits for her and Sally - her daughter was still young enough to find it cool -, both wearing light wash jeans, pink T-shirts and pink All Stars, and prepared a bag with a few snacks, sunscreen and a small first-aid kit, as usual, before leaving the house.

The drive up to meet Abby was pleasant, and Angie texted her before getting on the way to let her know she would be around soon.

Finding parking wasn't as easy as Angie would have liked, but she soon found a place to park, and went to the bleachers, looking around for Abby and for anyone who seemed to be her 'mystery man'.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast