Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss!

Posted just for the Queen, as the King and Emma aren't really doing anything worthy of note now. As soon as we wrap the little conversation with the Cardinal, I'll move to the actual feast to give everyone the chance to talk a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Kitty View Post
    Consider the example of King Henry IV, who when he desired to repent of his sins, made the difficult journey across the Alps to Canossa barefoot in mid-winter, then fell to his knees before the pope's gate and knelt for three days and three nights, fasting and wearing a hair shirt.
    So this is... technically historically true, but Marcellus is fudging quite a bit by implying the reason for the gesture was pure piety.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea

What a jerk.

Random aside: when I was in high school, we did a group project where we acted out King Henry IV's pilgrimage to Canossa. I played the pope.

Everyone now has some time to plot and scheme, ​I mean, rest and take a break until the meeting at the Dining Hall. I'll add a quick royal conversation on my next post, feel free to have your characters do whatever they would!

My people all... were themselves.

Humphrey is starting to realize subconsciously that Agnes is not okay, though he doesn't see it consciously or know what to do about it yet.

We won't take long with Henry and Katherine, just a quick little post with them enjoying each other's company before heading to the dining hall.

No problem at all!

My peeps are all set with what they needed to do before dinner.

Sojourn and I are ready too. Anything else we need to do can just be summed up in our next posts.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast