Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anne's Latest Project

Anne's Latest Project

I have a new project. I was going to save mentioning it for when I was a little further along, and more certain it would work out like I hope. However, it kind of popped out during one of the games I was playing with Xetal. That didn't seem the right place to tell everyone, so I've copied the announcement here. {tentative but hopeful smile}

I've decided to try to work up to dancing again. I started some walking exercises a little over a week again. I added walking around the neighborhood yesterday. My stamina is really shot since I came down with heart disease. I can't walk half a block yet, but I walked a little farther today with a little less tiredness than yesterday. I was really happy last Sunday, I was ablet o walk briskly up the front ramp, back to the playroom to fetch some water I forgot when I started out, then all the way back. That's not that far, but before I started the walking exercises, I would have been leaning over with my hands on my knees, panting as I tried to catch my breath about the time I reached the front door the first time. Instead, I was breathing only a bit heavily after going four times that distance at that speed.

I think I'll be able to work up to doing at least some easy dances. So I'm planning to join the Portuguese Club. They demonstrate Portuguese folk dance, and Mom's 3/4ths Portuguese, not that they require that anymore. If I can't manage enough dancing to be a proper part of their group, hopefully I can join some of the musicians, or maybe their card players. However it works out, I should be able to add some life to my life. But I would like to dance again. {cross fingers, }

Sounds like it will be a lot of fun, especially if you can dance. I hope it goes well for you! Keep us posted on how it goes.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea

It does sound fun. Good luck with it, Anne.

Hope it goes well for you, Anne.

Seasoned Adventurer Shades is offline Shades's Avatar
    Sounds exciting! I hope everything works out and you manage to dance!

Sent from the shadows using Tapatalk

Sorry this update has taken so long. The project looked good. Then two weeks ago - Sunday before last - we discovered Valentine had gotten out. He's an inside-only cat, so we were worried. Especially since I don't think we discovered it until a little over half a day after we suspect he got out. {bite lips, }

We looked all around for him. We heard meowing, but that could - probably was some of the time - other cats, since we were spotting other cats regularly while looking for him. I did see him Wednesday night, but that was the only sighting until Dad spoke out when he heard meowing again while getting ready for bed. then he rushed out of the bathroom and had me rush to the door. When I opened it, Valentine was pushing against the door to get in. He'd lost enough weight in five and a half days he was visibly thinner, and his collar was around one leg and had to be cut off, but he was otherwise okay. He now has a new collar, and no apparent interest in going out again. Thankfully. { HUMONGOUS GRIN}

That, of course, completely derailed my exercises. Well, I did some that Monday, the day after he got out, but after that I was far too worried about Valentine to remember my exercises while he was out. Then I was too relieved he was back to remember for several more days. I restarted it about a week and a half after I quit. Initially I'd lost some ground, but I seem to have gotten it back, and I've just thought of a way to improve further. {cross fingers hopefully, }

In the meantime, I went to a meeting of the Big Island Portuguese Culture Club, thinking they had dancers I could join. Apparently they lost the last early this year, and are trying to restart that program. I think they're hoping I'll do it... I'll see what I can do. But someone else is trying to restart the music, and I do sing and play the recorder, or bloc flute, and I'll continue to look into other activities. I noticed a card game they were playing at their last day in the park that I'd like to try.

Meanwhile, I've looked around, and found contact emails for contra dance on my island, and the International Folk Dance Association in my town, so I'm hoing to have other avenues for dancing if the Portuguese Club falls thru on that.

So nothing firm yet, but I'm still trying.

Good to hear Valentine's not showing signs of wandering off again: it was quite exciting hearing the story unfold as it happened!

The exercise and dancing will come in their own good time. Good luck!
    Sworn, bloody!

Xetal

The Old Peculier perpetrator of warm English beer

It was exciting to live that adventure, too, but it was such a relief to get him home safe.

Thank you. my stamina and agility have improved markedly. I can actually walk briskly for short distances, and walk more slowly for far longer than I used to.

I'm mainly impatient with the dancing... with a little nervousness because it's been a little over two decades since I could keep my feet while keeping in time to the music. But I do hope I can work something out somehow.

Well, I'm keeping up the exercises. They're really helping my stamina and agility. Not that most people would claim I had either, but if you think they're bad now, you should have seen them before the exercises.

I still haven't found a group to dance with. The Portuguese club's dancers have dissipated, and they haven't formed a new group yet. I'd pursue that, except having a sick father, a forgetful mother, a house to run, and a daily trip across town to pull off when I can't drive is keeping me a bit busy to pursue the dancing right now. {resigned smile}

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Elizabeth Baldwin View Post
    Well, I'm keeping up the exercises. They're really helping my stamina and agility. Not that most people would claim I had either, but if you think they're bad now, you should have seen them before the exercises.

I still haven't found a group to dance with. The Portuguese club's dancers have dissipated, and they haven't formed a new group yet. I'd pursue that, except having a sick father, a forgetful mother, a house to run, and a daily trip across town to pull off when I can't drive is keeping me a bit busy to pursue the dancing right now. {resigned smile}
    Ah that's a shame, how are things going now? Still dancing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast