Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blake Doakes

Blake gave Becca a look that said 'trust me'. It wasn't like Laura could go around spilling their secrets. In a way, she was like them. She wasn't normal either. Not anymore. There were people just as terrified of ghosts as they were of vampires and werewolves. Over the last few decades, Blake had become a better judge of character. He might have looked like he was still in his twenties, but he was actually in his nineties. He had the wisdom that came with getting older, just not the wrinkles or grey hair. Laura's reaction made him happy. He had been right they should just tell her. It was easier this way. No secret between the three. He nodded his head to Laura.

"You're right. Supernatural beings tend to seek each other out. Whether they realize it or not."

He had been drawn to Becca and now they had Laura.

Rebecca Allen

Becca sighed, somewhat relieved, when Laura's reaction was better than she had anticipated. She had kept her secret locked so tightly - except for Blake - that her expectations were always in the worst case scenario mode. It was liberating to know that someone wouldn't think she was crazy, a liar, or was about to eat them.

"Thanks. I think it doesn't matter now that you know, and I can't hurt you anyway, so feel free to come and go as you wish", she replied to Laura's promise to stay out of her room.

She shot a grateful look at Blake after these words. It felt good to be able to trust someone, and have a new friend. "I'd say so". She then agreed to Laura's words. "I guess that means you've just gotten yourself two new friends", she added, with a half smile.

"Since it's not like you can spook us away, Casper".

Laura Rhoades

Laura was surprised a little at herself for her calm attitude about everything. She would think she'd be terrified, but she wasn't. She supposed it was because she was dead. It wasn't like Becca or Blake could hurt her. You couldn't hurt something that was already dead. She gave Becca a smile.

"You're welcome and I'll keep that in mind."

Although she would also respect Becca's privacy. She imagined a secret like that made it hard to trust anyone. She joked.

"Damn...It looks like my reputation is ruined."

Since she had been scaring away people from the house for a good part of a decade. It felt like a weight was being lifted off her shoulders. Yes, it was upsetting to know she was dead, but it was also freeing. She didn't feel as angry anymore either.

Blake Doakes

Blake smiled, glad to see that Becca was willing to trust Laura. He knew that was a big step for his werewolf friend. But he also knew from experience it was better to let a few people in. It was hard to go through this type of life alone. No one, supernatural or not, liked to be alone. Having a friend or two made it easier. It always made it easier for Blake to forget about what he had lost. The life he had left behind. Even after all these years, he still missed his wife and kids. Even though they had all moved on with their lives. And he never blamed them. That's what he had wanted them to do. But it didn't mean he still missed them or mourned the life he didn't have with them.

"Well, your reputation will probably still keep people away from this place."

Blake told Laura with a wink. People might just think Becca and Blake were crazy for living in haunted house. Good, let them. Just because he was willing to let Laura in, that didn't mean he wanted the whole world to know his secret. He wouldn't have survived as long as he had if that happened.

Rebecca Allen

Becca smiled back at Laura, feeling better now that they were all acquainted, and in good peace. At least enough to make sure that Becca and Blake would be able to live in this house. This was, after all, the perfect place for them. It was in the middle of a street, but the house itself was secluded enough to secure their privacy.

Shaking her head when Laura said her reputation was running, Becca smiled again. "Well, you can still spook other people if you really need to, Casper", she replied, before turning her attention to Blake.

"On a bit of a more serious note", she started, taking a deep breath and collecting her thoughts for a moment. "Well, you already know Blake and I are... different. We're just friends, but people sometimes think we're more than that. I personally don't mind, it shields me from well... you know. People getting too close", she explained, trying to think of what else to say.

"What I mean is, we all do things we need to do for our comfort and safety. I'd like to know if there's something we can do to make you more comfortable here too", she finally explained. "Sorry, I'm getting unused to talking to people. Even dead ones".

Laura Rhoades

Laura was realizing how much she had missed interacting with others. As the reality of being dead sunk in and she let go of her anger, she realized how lonely she had been. It was nice to talk to people, even with Blake and Becca weren't really 'people'.

"I can do that."

She said, she could keep scaring other people away from this place. To give her new friends the privacy they needed.

"It's okay...I...Well, I'm dead. So, I guess comfort isn't a big issue anymore."

Laura replied to Becca and she thought a moment.

"Could you help me figure out what happened to my family? I...I'd like to know how they are doing."

She wonder how her parents and brother were. Given how her boyfriend was. Were they happy? Did they miss her? She missed them.

Blake Doakes

"I'll fill whatever role you need me to, Becca."

Blake told his werewolf friend with a smile. It was true, some people, especially at work, thought they were in an item. Blake was fine with letting them. Given his own dietary habits, it was hard to date. Not that he did often. He wasn't exactly boyfriend material anymore. Not when he sucked people's blood and could never age. Besides, his heart would always belong to Rose. Even though she had moved on and she had ever right to do so. Rose was his soul mate, even if his soul would surely never find rest.

"Even if I'm old enough to be your great-grandfather."

He said with a smile. He was in his nineties after all. When Laura brought up her family, he nodded his head.

"Yes, of course."

He kept tabs on his own family, not that he could ever see them. He would be ghost to them. But he had the resources from his coven. He was still on good terms with them. The coven leader was sure that eventually Blake would return, once he got his fill of America and trying to be human. When he realized he could never have his old life back.

"Just give me their names and I'll make some calls and find out for you."

Rebecca Allen

Becca sighed when Laura said comfort wasn't a big issue anymore. "Your emotional comfort is. You're still here, so, from what I know, it means something is not right. Not finished, and all that. So, as long as you're here, you're our room mate, I guess. That means we should try to get along".

Laura's request for help to figure out what had happened to her family got a sigh out of Becca, and she waited for Blake to say something. He was the one with the resources, after all. She had stepped back from her own family since she had changed. It was just too painful to know they were living their lives without her when she was still there.

When Blake said he'd fill whatever role she needed him to, Becca smiled. "Thanks, corpse", she replied quietly. It was hard to accept kindness when one was getting unused to it, but she had to admit Blake was a really good friend, and now Laura could become one too. His comment about being old enough to be her great-grandfather got a smirk out of her. "Yeah, I know, old man, don't worry. I'll just use you as a sugar granddaddy".

Becoming a bit more serious, she sat on the floor and watched Laura for a moment. She was really curious about this whole being a ghost thing and how it all worked. Sure, she knew Blake was dead, but his body was still there. She could touch him and feel flesh under her fingers. With Laura, it was different. She had a lot of questions, as she had about pretty much everything involving their world, but she didn't want to overwhelm her new friend.

"I'll... take a walk around the new neighborhood, okay? Sniff around", she suggested, feeling a bit restless. It was her habit to make sure there wasn't anything unsavory anywhere, and she knew the vampire scent well enough by now, as well as the scent of her own group - and she planned on avoiding both groups if at all possible.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345