Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
    Eden - Legacy of the Four Guardians

Eden - Legacy of the Four Guardians

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Mon May 31, 2004 6:09 am
    Name: Eden

Location: In the Pamoja Galaxy, five galaxies away from Elysian galaxy.

Surface Conditions: 80% Earth-like surface while 20% is actually a grey gaseous state. Several invisible wells of energy flows through the planet such as universal, magic, nanite, and negation. Eden has four small moons: yellow, red, blue and grey. The Grey moon is the only one that doesnt orbit around Eden. It stays hovered high above in one place and shines only over the gaseous part of Eden.

Ruling & Governing Bodies: The Empress is the ruling position over all of Eden. Under the Empress are a few established kingdoms scattered throughout the land such as the Kingdom of Thames. Other kingdoms have yet to return from the colonies out in space.

Primary inhabitants: Gods, humans, necroans and fairies.

Places of Interest:

Edens Gate: This is the land touched by the gods where beauty is everywhere. At the center is the Grand Palace where the Empress houses her family. The current Empress is Honors Angel.

Town of Tchets: This is the largest town in Edens Gate. The Empress palace is several hills to its east. The town is where the first colonials from Tchetna have touched down and made their home at. The towns spiritual leader and governor is Emissary Ellysand.

Other Places of Interest: Almasi Desert, Tembea Forest, Weupe Expanse, Shanjari Waters, Baramot Plains, SFuri Caves.

Brief History: Not much has been uncovered about Edens history. Very few know of the times when Eden was originally a peaceful planet ruled by an Empress, a female First chosen by her predecessors who was to follow the Established Order. Few know of the day an Empress went rogue and strayed far away from the Established Order. Her actions following this act caused many tumultuous events to happen which through the glory of the planet far off its intended path. It is said that it took the combined might of former empresses overthrow the rogue and lock her away. They turned to the people to grant them a better replacement, but when all was said and done the people didnt trust the gods anymore and never accepted another Empress.

With the land without an Empress, the turmoil inflicted on it remained and it was left to the people to forge their own way. Through hard work and overcoming many wars with each other, a new way was found and for a time peace reigned. They even renamed the planet Tchetna as a symbol of setting themselves apart from the old ways. But the land could not survive without an empress.

Centuries passed when the damage to the planet could no longer be ignored. What made the matter worse was many of the Tchets mining and selling off the planets precious resources for monetary gain. A possible solution was found in two travelers known as Odysseus and a young Millennium who set out to try and save Tchetna. However instead of saving the planet, a nefarious turn of events doomed it further. An evacuation order was sent all over as hundreds of thousands made it off the planet before it died. They were scattered among the stars to live as colonials.

One day, Millennium returned to the dead planet to face an old enemy. When the battle had ended, Mil found a way to finally restore the planet to its former beauty and glory. Soon, word got out to the many remaining colonials that their planet has been revitalized and have started making their way back to their restored home. The Tchets, led by Emissary Ellysand, were the first to arrive, soon followed by the Queen of Thames.

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Mon May 31, 2004 6:15 am
    Within the palace all was still very quiet on this sunny morning. In the master bedroom was a sight that had not been seen in many years..... a complete and thorough disaster of epic proportions. Still, the room was curiously empty. Until....

WHAM!!!

In a flash of amber light, out fell two very exhausted and naked gods onto the floor. Both wearing HUGE grins on their faces, they cuddled up next to each other as they wrapped the bedsheets over themselves. Beaming uncontrollably, Mil finally says to his wife...

"You know, one of these days we'll make it to the bed."

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:43 am
    There was nothing at first... Just this feeling of warmth, comfort and lightness. A feeling like floating in water except there was no need to breath. And then came a weight. Not a harsh one, just a slight one as though a ball had formed in your stomach and was now pulling you down. She felt something beneath her. It hadn't been there before... Or maybe she just thought it hadn't been. It was soft but firm and what was above her? She felt something covering her-- something soft and light. Her eyes opened slowly and the Queen of Thames scanned the room.

Zamael was sitting on the window sill staring at the bed and wearing an expression of apprehension and relief. It was good that the Queen was awake, he wagered, but he knew that things between them were going to be stressed at the best and absolutely horrid at the worst. He feared what she would say to him.

The Queen continued to look around the room until she caught sight of Zamael, who quickly, though nonchalantly, looked away. The Queen continued to stare at Zamael, anger hiding just barely behind her eyes.
    The silence continued for what seemed like an hour. Really, it was only about 10 minutes, but silence has ways of tricking you.

"You freed me," she stated matter-of-factly. There was no warmth in her delivery.
    Zamael didn't move. He only kept staring at the imaginary thing that had called his attention away from the Queen in the first place.
    The Queen paused for another minute.

"They're going to try to kill you," Zamael offered up as a sort of subject change.
    The Queen's eyes grew hard.
    "I know that," she hissed.
    "I am very VERY angry with you right now," she said, staring hard at Zamael. Zamael nodded in understanding. "But, I'm also angry with myself for allowing the whole thing." She stared at the wall for a change of pace. She was almost crying and her anger was all that was keeping it in check. She got up from the bed and began to leave the room, her acknowledgement of her partial guilt making her think too much about why she was really angry.
    "Get some sleep. You haven't slept much lately and you're useless to me if you're too tired."
    Zamael shook his head and the Queen glared at him for his insolence.
    "I can't leave you alone right now or they might come after you."
    The Queen crossed her arms.
    "Don't be stupid. It's broad daylight and I'll have the girls with me if I go anywhere. Besides that I cannot stand the sight of you right now. If you fear for me that much send Mekaar to follow my shadow but you I do not wish to see right now."
    Zamael tapped his fingers on the window sill a little bit. Yeah, he did need sleep-- he was fairly exhausted and defying the Queen over such a stupid thing would really piss her off and he didn't need her any more pissed than she already was.
    With a little reluctance, he said,
    "I will send Mekaar to follow you as you wish, but I will rejoin you after I'm rested."
    The Queen nodded coldly. "Take your time, Mr. Thames..." She exited the room, slamming the door behind her.

Zamael let out a sigh as she left. He slumped against the window. She'd said nothing about reporting him, that was good... That meant she would get over the whole thing eventually. Zamael hadn't bothered to apologize. He knew no apology could excuse what he'd done.
    He knocked on the window sill with his knuckles.
    "Here, boy," he called hollowly.
    It took a minute, but the head of Mekaar slowly rose from a shadow on the floor. He whimpered a little bit. Zamael could see that he'd woken the dog. He bent down and patted his head with an appology.
    "Sorry, kiddo... Will you do me this favor today? Hm?" Mekaar licked Zamael's hand with his giant, hand-towel sized tongue."Atta' boy. You're such a good dog. Go watch the Queen for me, okay? Now, go on." Zamael roughly tousled the giant dog's fur and it shook its head and sank away into the shadows.
    Zamael got up from the window sill and climbed into bed. In spite of his belief that he was far too stressed and worried to sleep, he barely had time to count to ten before sleep overtook him.

((sorry it's so long!!!!!!!))

Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:02 pm
    The Queen left the room quickly. She hoped the slamming door hadn't woken the girls. She still wanted to be alone at the moment.
    True, she was angry with Zamael for taking her over, but she couldn't be too angry as she could have stopped it if she wanted to. Back then she had needed the help of someone who could make decisions. No. She wasn't mad about him taking her over.
    She was mad that he set her free, not because he actually cared for her, but because he cared for the country and what would happen to it. She thought that by now he would have
    some feelings for her, even if they were only minimal. After all, Zamael protected her and helped her, but , in the end, it was all in the name of Thames.
    She shook her head in frustration. Asver, Queen of Thames, was jealous of her own country.

She took a few minutes to cry in the bathroom and then went to get the girls who had already been awake for, what seemed to be, several hours now. They had already made their bed (they shared one) and done some laundry, or at least started it. They were startled to see the Queen up so early and they bowed her her. She smiled at them and asked them to fix her some breakfast, which the two of them were totally unprepared for as the Queen hadn't asked for food in years. After eating, the three of them went out to explore the area and the Queen distracted herself with thoughts of stupid things and almost bought a goat for no reason.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:13 am
    Millennium wrote:
    In a flash of amber light, out fell two very exhausted and naked gods onto the floor. Both wearing HUGE grins on their faces, they cuddled up next to each other as they wrapped the bedsheets over themselves. Beaming uncontrollably, Mil finally says to his wife...

::Angel looked at her husband.::

You know I don't think that will ever happen though.
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:35 am
    Kevin woke up as soon as the sun starting rising over the horizon. He awoke refreshed and alert, ready for the day. He was relieved that the night passed without incident. Kevin knelt next to the stream and drank some of the pure water. After he drank, he splashed some water on his face.

Kevin used his enhanced senses to make sure that no one was nearby watching him. Assured that he was safe, he changed his appearance back to that of the villager and walked back to the town. As he walked, he carefully laid out in his mind how he would get to KA9. He couldn't draw attention to himself, yet she was under the protection of the First. It would not be easy to reach her.

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:43 am
    Kat slept, apparently without dreams. Her sleep though, didn't feel very restful. She awoke still feeling tired. She thought it must have been because of all the excitement from the day before. It was a pretty eventful day.

Getting out of bed, she went into the bathroom and got ready for the day. After getting cleaned up, she went into the bedroom to look for an outfit to wear. She saw the grey jumpsuit hanging on one of the hangars.

'Why am I keeping this?' she thought. She examined the grey jumpsuit for a moment and decided to leave it hanging in the closet for now. She didn't know why, but she couldn't get rid of it. Not yet at least.

Kat took out a pair of pants and a nice shirt to wear. Once she was dressed, she walked out into the palace hoping to find the kitchen. She was very hungry.
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:05 am
    Honor's Angel wrote:
    Millennium wrote:

::Angel looked at her husband.::

You know I don't think that will ever happen though.

"You're probably right. But it's loads of fun every time we try."

He takes in a sigh and relishes in their moment together. But that moment is interrupted by a peripheral nudge that the War is still going on. He wonders how much longer he should ignore the call...

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:42 pm
    It was very strange to be out this early in the day anymore. The Queen was used to staying indoors until the sun had begun to set or at the very least she usually brought along a parasol, but today she strolled around the streets of the city in some of the brightest light she'd seen in years. It made her feel a little bit happy. After a while, however, the sun began to get to her and she decided to go sit in the shade of one of the trees near the road.
    The girls sat beside her and fidgeted for a bit when finally Venice began to pick some of the flowers around them and Theron joined her. The Queen smiled. "You know, when I was young we used to make chains out of those. My friends and I made one that went all the way around our garden. It must have been at least 500 feet long." The girls looked alarmed at first, thinking they would be scolded for ignoring the Queen, but as she settled into her nostalgic story they were eased.
    "We could make one that big," Theron said enthusiastically. "May we try it, Your Highness?"
    The Queen smiled and nodded. "Try it. I think you'll have fun."
    The girls stood up immediately, bowed to the Queen and proceeded to run off along the hill trying to find the flowers with the longest stems. The Queen gracefully plucked a few flowers of her own and after a few minutes she had made a large ring. She set it in her lap and glanced at the shadow of the tree.

"Mekaar..." she said softly.
    The top of the great dog's head peeked out from the shadows and he let out a little whine.
    "Come out a little..." she said and the dog pushed his head out. The Queen patted him on the head and then put the flower ring over his head. It stuck on his fur and the Queen almost laughed. She worked it down onto his neck where it partly disappeared in his ruff of fur. Mekaar looked at her questioningly. She scratched his head again.
    "The smell of the flowers will keep you awake. I know you're nocturnal. Thank you for watching me." Mekaar nodded a little and nuzzled her hand with his nose. With that he sank back into the shadow and disappeared. The Queen looked out into the road and her thoughts wandered.

In the shadows, Mekaar was thinking as well. The Queen was different than before--not like his master at all any more. He shook his fur feeling weird about the flowers she'd given him. He didn't like wearing things and these things smelled funny. He tried to bite them but couldn't reach them with his mouth and he eventually gave up. He laid down with a dog-sigh and watched the shadow of the Queen (and the tree) with his head resting on his forelegs.
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:12 am
    Kat found her way to the kitchen with little difficulty. She was surprised that she hadn't seen any servants. She had thought castles would be filled with servants. The wandering through the place, though, helped her build the mental map of the palace. She was able to remember every twist and turn in amazing detail.

Once in the kitchen, she began searching through cupboards, drawers and cabinets for everything that she needed. There was plenty here for her to choose from. She smiled and decided that she would make breakfast not only for herself, but for Millennium, Honor's Angel, and their two daughters. It was the least she could do for all they have done for her. She began making the breakfast right away, hoping to surprise them.
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:16 am
    Kevin walked into town and did a quick surface mental scan, trying to see who was awake and alert. He felt safe doing so, considering the gods would probably be in their palace. He was surprised to note that the queen was out an about, enjoying the day. Perhaps he could arrange a "chance" meeting with her.

Kevin walked towards the queen, appearing to just be out for a leisurely morning walk. When he turned the corner and saw the queen, he looked genuinely surprised.

"Your majesty!" he exclaimed in shock, then bowed before her. "I didn't expect to run into you here. My most humble apologies."

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:37 am
    As he is about to bring up the possibility of him leaving to HA, he is interrupted by the smell of food...

"Ummm, honey? If you're here and I'm here, who's cooking in the kitchen?"

Mil's Sig and Bio
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:20 am
    Millennium wrote:
    "You're probably right. But it's loads of fun every time we try."

He takes in a sigh and relishes in their moment together. But that moment is interrupted by a peripheral nudge that the War is still going on. He wonders how much longer he should ignore the call...

That it is.

::Angel told Mil and held him close to her. She knew he had to leave her soon. The coronation was over and the call for help at the War on Elysia could not be ignored. Angel didn't want him to go though.::

Millennium wrote:
    As he is about to bring up the possibility of him leaving to HA, he is interrupted by the smell of food...

"Ummm, honey? If you're here and I'm here, who's cooking in the kitchen?"

::Angel was thinking and already getting worried about him leaving when she smelled food cooking.::

I hope not Danae or Pixie....We better find out.

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:31 am
    "Danae or Pixie? That would almost be cute....... if it wasn't so dangerous!"

Mil transmuted some clothes on him and got up in a hurry.

Mil's Sig and Bio

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:35 am
    Yeah, I can see them trying to burn the place down if they tried to cook.

::Angel said as she got dressed.::

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:42 am
    He watched her intently as she got dressed and sighed as they sidestepped into the kitchen only to find that it wasn't the twins but Kat that was cooking. Mil drew a sigh of relief and collected himself when he said...

"Good morning Kat. I see you've found the kitchen?"

Mil's Sig and Bio

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:55 am
    Kat jumped when Millennium suddenly appeared in the kitchen and spoke to him. She spun around and faced him with a look of shock on her face. A moment later, she laughed realizing that it was only Millennium.

"Yes, I did," she answered with a smile. "I'm making breakfast for everyone. Hope you don't mind. Eggs, bacon, and toast. There's enough for everyone."

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:58 am
    Hi Kat. That very nice of you to make us all breakfast. I'm glad it wasn't the twins trying to cook. I better go get them up.

::Angel said and headed to Danae and Pixie's room.::

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:59 am
    He smirked to himself when it looked like Kat was startled by their appearance.

"Oh really? That is so nice of you! Thank you."

Mil's Sig and Bio

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:05 pm
    "Well while she's doing that, I'll just pull up a chair and wait. So Kat, had any more visions lately?"

Mil's Sig and Bio

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:05 pm
    Kat smiled and blushed slightly. "You're welcome."

Kat turned back around and finished cooking. It was fun doing something as trivial as cooking breakfast. It felt like it had meaning. It was almost as if it was something she used to take for granted. She wasn't certain what it was that she felt.

While she was cooking, she answered Millennium's question. "Nothing new since my last vision. I don't feel like I was able to sleep much last night, so I might have been dreaming. But I don't remember what I dreamed about."

When she finished preparing the breakfast, she put the food onto five plates. Smaller portions for the twins. There was still plenty of food left over that anyone could have seconds if they wanted.

As she brought the first two plates over to a table, she spoke to Millennium. "This is just a small way that I can thank you for everything you have done for me. I really appreciate what you and Honor's Angel have done, how you have welcomed me. Thank you." Setting the plates down, she gave Millennium a quick kiss on the cheek, then turned to get the remaining plates.

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:17 pm
    Mil couldn't help but blush himself at the kiss on the cheek and playfully said to her...

"Hey, watch out. Don't let Angel see you do that."

"But nonetheless, you don't have to thank us. We like helping when we can. So, what do you have on your agenda today?"

Mil's Sig and Bio

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:22 pm
    Kat put two more plates down on the table, leaving the last one on the counter.

"Well, I don't know," she answered. "I would like to find out more about my past, but I don't know how to do that. I suppose someone could help me by reading my mind, but I don't know if I am ready for that yet."

Kat sighed and turned to get the last plate. "There is just so much that I don't know, and so much that frightens me. I don't know which is more frightening, the things I learn about, or the not knowing."

Kat put the last plate down on the table and takes a seat.

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:26 pm
    "Well, take it from someone who's dealt with amnesia before. No matter how hard it is to learn the truth about yourself, it's still best to find out who you are and where you come from. If not, you'll always have the question to nag you. But about mind-reading, what exactly are you uncomfortable with?"

Mil's Sig and Bio

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:32 pm
    "It isn't so much the mind reading that I am uncomfortable with," Kat admitted. "I think it more has to do with what might be uncovered. I'm afraid of whatever it is I might be forgetting."

Kat reached up and held the pendant around her neck. The pendant was given to her by a goddess; it was supposed to help keep her calm when she learned about her past. It didn't take away the fear or the uncertainty, though.

Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:40 pm
    "I see. Totally understandable to feel that way. But you know that you'll have to face it at some point. Waiting doesn't do anything but amplify the fear."

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:44 pm
    "I know. You're right. I need to face it. That doesn't make it any easier, though." Kat smiled slightly. "At least I have this pendant to help me. And the support of you and Honor's Angel, which means more to me than anything."
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:47 pm
    "You have our support as long as you have need of it. You've been a wonderful guest and we're glad to help. If anything, I'll need your help very soon. I need to ask if you could watch out for Angel and the twins for me. Can you do that for me?"

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:49 pm
    Kat smiled. "I would be honored. Are you going somewhere?"
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:55 pm
    He nods a bit somberly...

"Yeah. I've been contacted by some of the elder gods to fight in a war that's going on at our primary homeworld. I need to go to it and help them out. Normally, Angel would be responding as well but I asked her not to this time. I'll be the representative for this family while she stays and watches over our daughters and the people. I'm going to worry about her no matter what but I think my worry will lessen if I know that someone is watching her back for me."

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:57 pm
    "I understand," Kat said, nodding. "I will be happy to help you with this. Just come back safely, please."
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:04 pm
    "Oh, I plan to return safe and whole this time around. I've died a few times and let me tell you, they're not fun. But in any case, here..."

He materialized a tiny metal orb and planted it into her hand.

"If anything comes up that may be too much for anyone of you to handle, squeeze this orb. It will alert me wherever I'm at. I hear this go off, I'll come running. War or not, if anything tries to harm my wife or daughters I will be back to give it a one-way trip to hell. Do you understand?"

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:06 pm
    Kat took the orb and looked at it. Then she looked back at Millennium and nodded. "I understand. I don't think we'll need it though. It is good to have, just in case, though."
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:09 pm
    "My thanks again then. Now, the food looks and smells delicious. I wonder when them girls of mines will make their way out here so we can all eat?"

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:13 pm
    "Maybe when the food is good and cold." Kat put her hand to her mouth to keep from laughing out loud, but her chuckles could still be heard.
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:20 pm
    "You're probably right. I kid you not, Danae and Pixie have been taking longer and longer to get dressed by the day. You want to talk about visions? I have visions of the twins just looking at themselves in the mirror and making sure that every hair is in it's proper place."

He shakes his head in amusement.

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:23 pm
    Kat could almost picture what Millennium spoke of. "You'll probably have to chase the men away with a stick when that time comes," she said with a laugh. It felt good to laugh.
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:27 pm
    He smiled evilly at the thought of suitors for the girls.

"Though I'm not fond of the idea of my girls dating, I must admit that I'm nothing if not prepared. I have a dungeon in the basement where I am already crafting devilish machines for that fateful day."

Then he sidesteps in his trusty spiked bat. He hugs it affectionately.

"Then there'a always Mr. Snuggles here."

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:29 pm
    Kat stopped laughing and looked at Millennium in shock. "You're kidding, right?" she asked in shock.
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:34 pm
    Mil looks at her questionably while stroking Mr. Snuggles as if it was a kitten.

"I never kid when it involves my daughters and dating. Future suitors must suffer as I have suffered. It is tradition. It is only right."

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:37 pm
    Kat didn't know what to say. This wasn't a side of Millennium she had expected to see. She assumed he was just overprotective of his daughters. And perhaps that was a normal custom among the gods.

"I can understand wanting to protect your daughters," she admitted. "Don't you think dungeons and spiked bats are a little extreme? Or is that normal for gods?"
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:48 pm
    "A little extreme? No. If anything, I'm not even warmed up yet. Allow me to educate you.

You see, Angel and the twins is a part of a special family line. Some have come to know it as "The Irresistible Bloodline". All of the females in the family have an irresistible quality about them that makes them VERY popular with the men. We men bite, fight and annihilate each other just to win their affections. There are applications to fill out just to win the right to date one. And THEN it gets worse. Once you have the blessing to date a female of this bloodline, that suitor must then endure tortures from all the men in the family. It's an excruciating process. Gods have died in such bouts. Ask any man in our family and they will tell you. Angel's grandfather had to endure it, her father had to go through it and I went through it to gain the right to date her and even MORE torture just to marry her. So you see, what I do for the twin's suitors is nothing more than me upholding the foundation and carrying on the time-honored tradition. It is the order of things."

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:53 pm
    Kat shook her head, overwhelmed by the information. "I don't know what to say. I am shocked. I hadn't expected to hear that, but if that is the way things are done. It's strange to see such a caring man get pleasure out of torture, though. I guess we are all more than what we seem, aren't we?" Kat smiled.
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:18 pm
    Katrina Arnasis wrote:
    Kevin walked into town and did a quick surface mental scan, trying to see who was awake and alert. He felt safe doing so, considering the gods would probably be in their palace. He was surprised to note that the queen was out an about, enjoying the day. Perhaps he could arrange a "chance" meeting with her.

Kevin walked towards the queen, appearing to just be out for a leisurely morning walk. When he turned the corner and saw the queen, he looked genuinely surprised.

"Your majesty!" he exclaimed in shock, then bowed before her. "I didn't expect to run into you here. My most humble apologies."

The Queen was taken a little by surprise at being addressed by anyone save the Emissary. She didn't know anyone in the village. She nodded slightly to the newcomer.

"There is no need for apologies, sir. Your presence is a most welcome diversion. You may sit beneath the tree, if you like... The sun is rather bothersome today and I would be glad of the company. Ah... But, I suppose a lady shouldn't sit with someone she does not know, so, to whom am I speaking?" she inquired, although she already knew. She had seen him speaking to Zamael yesterday and she remembered his name. There weren't very many people that Zamael struck up conversations with so Kevin stuck in her mind.
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:12 pm
    Kevin had begun to lightly scan the mind of the queen as he arrived. He wouldn't push until he was certain that she couldn't detect his mental intrusion. He could also sense a presence in the shadows, part of the shadows, but couldn't confirm it. He kept alert to changes in the shadows, without drawing attention to himself.

"My name is Kevin, your majesty," Kevin replied humbly, giving another quick bow before taking a seat under the tree as the queen had suggested. He noted that she already knew his name. Apparently she had somehow been listening in on his conversation with Zameal, a fact he found interesting. Kevin became extra alert of any mental powers that she might have that could give him away.

"I am honored that you would consider me, a simple commoner, as company, your majesty."

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:30 am
    ::Honor's Angel had to fight with the sleepy twins to wake them up and get them dressed. She knew Mil would be leaving soon. It did sadden her.::

Come on girls, let's get some breakfast.

::She took their hands and lead them back to the kitchen. She smiled to Kat and Mil.::

Sorry we took so long, two little girls didn't want to wake up today.
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:58 pm
    The Queen smiled. "Think nothing of it. I must confess that I have an ulterior motive. I saw you speaking to Zamael yesterday. He does not often engage in idle conversation so it intrigues me that he spoke to you for any length of time. Now I shall see for myself how interesting of a person you are and it will provide me with diversion enough that I can forget some things that have been troubling me. So, how do you like it here in Tchets? I myself have only been her for 2 days-- not including today, that is. What is there of interest to do?" The Queen was thinking of several things in the back of her head, but they brought her more discomfort than anything else, so she ignored them. She was hoping that Kevin would indicate that the town had some mini-golf or something but she doubted it. The inhabitants seemed modern enough but the town itself seemed almost medievil to her. It would probably be too bright to play without a parasol, anyway and she didn't have one with her. ... Not that she could hold a parasol while playing golf, anyway, but her mind continued on the little tangent for a fair amount of time. She wondered if it might be fun to watch Mekaar chase the shadow of one of the little windmills or a golfball and she almost made herself laugh at how silly that was.
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:10 am
    Katrina Arnasis wrote:
    Kat shook her head, overwhelmed by the information. "I don't know what to say. I am shocked. I hadn't expected to hear that, but if that is the way things are done. It's strange to see such a caring man get pleasure out of torture, though. I guess we are all more than what we seem, aren't we?" Kat smiled.

He smiled a satisfied smile.

"It is the way it was done for me, by golly it will be way it will be done for whoever wants to date them. You see, I'm still a caring man. I care about my daughters' future. They will NOT be married to just any punk off the streets. They must prove their worth and to do that, they must go through me and Mr. Snuggles."

Honor's Angel wrote:
    Sorry we took so long, two little girls didn't want to wake up today.

"Ah. Speak of the little angels here they are. Good, now we can eat."

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:22 am
    Yes, I'm very hungry. It smells great Kat.

::Angel told her.::
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:11 am
    Kevin smiled. He smiled at both the queen's spoken comments as well as the unspoken thoughts.

"I love it here, Your Majesty," Kevin said, smiling broadly. "I was one of the refugees living out in space for a number of years, waiting with the Emissary for the dream of one day returning home. You can't imagine my joy when we finally arrived back home, and were able to crown a new Empress."

Kevin continued smiled and paused as if in thought. In reality he was scanning the minds of those that were awake in the town, trying to find the information to answer the queen's question.

After a brief pause, Kevin looked again at the Queen still smiling. "There is a lot that can be done here, Your Majesty. Personally, I just enjoy taking nice long walks under the sun, and feeling the fresh breeze blow across my skin. After living so long aboard a space ship, one longs for those things we once took for granted."

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:14 am
    Kat was still looking at Millennium in shock when Honor's Angel and their daughters came in to the kitchen.

"Good Morning," Kat said to them once she saw them, and immediately exchanged her look of shock for a pleasant smile. "I'm afraid the food has gotten a little cool, but I still hope you enjoy it. There's plenty more if you would like seconds."
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:43 am
    "Ah," the Queen said with a nod. She gazed out at the street. She wasn't used to the sun again yet, but it wasn't because of spaceships. "Your colony didn't find another planet to inhabit?" she asked. "I imagine that must have been difficult. I expect you're elated to be back on Eden."
    She looked behind her to check on the girls and saw that they were working diligently, racing here and there on the hill and coming back with piles of flowers. It would have been horrible to live in a spaceship for years. Life on the colony-planet of Thames (and even the real Thames) was hard , but the Queen wouldn't have traded it. She turned back to Kevin.

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:59 am
    I see you are showing off Mr. Snuggles, Mil.

Girls sit down.

::Angel helped the girls up to the chairs at the table.

Katrina Arnasis wrote:
    Kat was still looking at Millennium in shock when Honor's Angel and their daughters came in to the kitchen.

"Good Morning," Kat said to them once she saw them, and immediately exchanged her look of shock for a pleasant smile. "I'm afraid the food has gotten a little cool, but I still hope you enjoy it. There's plenty more if you would like seconds."

I'm sure we will.

::Angel ate some food.::

This is really good. Even better than it smells.
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:03 am
    He ate some of the food and found it tasted very good.

"Thanks Kat. This is great. So, what's everyone going to do today?"

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:16 am
    Kat's face turned a light shade of red from the embarrassment over the compliments. "Thank you," she replied. "It was the least I could do for all you've done for me."

Kat didn't have time to answer Millennium's question, as she was suddenly filled with an unknown fear. She closed her eyes and grabbed hold of the pendant that hung around her neck. As she gripped the pendant, she concentrated on letting the peace flow into her. She could almost feel the fear moving out of her body.

She knew that Honor's Angel and Millennium would ask what had happened, and she opened her eyes and was about to speak when words suddenly failed her. Her skin grew increasingly pale and she looked past the twins at a shadowy figure only she could see and hear.

"You continue to resist your destiny."

Kat could not say a word. She just simply stared at the shadow in shock and fear.

"The more you resist, the more pain you will receive. Cast away the pendant and embrace your true path."

Kat remembered the pendant, and her hand reached for it to sooth her. Slowly, color began to return to her face as the fear melted away.

"No," she replied after she had calmed. "This pendant was a gift."

"You only make this harder on yourself."

"What are you talking about? What am I resisting?"

"What you were created for. You are a harbinger of death. You cannot fight against the very thing you were created to do."

Blood suddenly appeared on Kat's hands. It was only visible to her. She jumped out of her chair in fright, her chair falling onto the floor from her sudden movement.

"You see, blood stains your hands. You will never be rid of it. You must embrace it, or it will destroy you."

"No!" Kat shouted, and closed her eyes. She fell to her knees and grabbed the pendant. She let the calming powers of the pendant sooth her mind. Even with the pendant, a couple tears began to flow before she had a chance to be calmed.

Once she was calm, she looked back up. The blood was gone from her hands, and the shadow had vanished. The only ones in the room were Millenium, Honor's Angel, and the twins, all who were looking at her obviously concerned.
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:20 am
    "More than you can imagine, Your Majesty," Kevin answered with a smile. "How about you? Aren't you glad to be back on Eden?"
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:51 am
    No sooner did Mil ask the question did he see Kat clutching onto the pendant she received as a gift. He about to say something when she started speaking about the pendant being a gift as her eyes seemed to stare off in the distance behind the twins. This was an opportunity that he couldn't miss. He established a mental link with her but only received impressions of what Kat was going through. What was keen enough to her was the presence that she was talking to. Without hesitation he enacted security protocols to scan within their home. As Kat fell to her knees gripping the pendant, the vision faded from her and the calming effects washed over her. Still, he stood up and asked Angel telepathically...

~Honey, please tend to Kat while I find out what's going on.~

He sidestepped out of the kitchen and to the central hive network in the lower levels to see if the scans proved fruitful.

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:33 am
    Well Mil I think the girls and I will go into town...

::Angel said in response to Mil's question. But she looked at Kat and felt her fear. She placed her hand on her shoulder and nodded to her husband.::

You can tell me anything you need to.
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:38 am
    Kat smiled weakly. She felt better as a result of the pendant, but she was still a little shaken by the scene. Kat wanted to talk to Honor's Angel, but didn't think it would be appropriate in front of her children.

"I will be fine," Kat replied. "It was another vision."

Kat picked up the chair and sat back down at the table. "I think I should finish eating now. Maybe we can talk about it later."
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:50 am
    Ah I see.

::Angel looked at the twins and realized that Kat didn't want to tell her in front of them.::

I'm taking the girls into town, would you like to come with me?
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:56 am
    Kat smiled. "Yes, I would enjoy that."
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:02 pm
    Great. We'll get going once these two are done eating.

::Angel smiled to her twin daughters.::
    Posted by manekochan (Member #375) on Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:37 pm
    -_-;
    ------
    "I'm a defective unicorn." -- my boss
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:27 am
    Quote:
    Katrina Arnasis wrote:
    "More than you can imagine, Your Majesty," Kevin answered with a smile. "How about you? Aren't you glad to be back on Eden?"

She smiled. "Oh, immensely, of course, it's just that there are other things weighing on me at the moment. I can't enjoy it as much as I ought to be able to. It's a pity, really. I'm sure I'll be right as rain in a few days."
    What to talk about was a mystery to her. Conversation demanded that both parties pay attention, but the Queen's mind was wandering back to her earlier conversations with Zamael. At least the girls were having a fair time.
    She thought about how little Zamael'd said to her earlier. If he'd apologized to her she would have probably blown up at him. Smacked him or something. She might still. Then again, she might forgive him. She was stupid sometimes. She sighed mentally knowing that Zamael would remain oblivious and she would remain enamored with him. Maybe she ought to almost get killed or something. Maybe that'd make him worry about something else besides his country.
    Idiot.
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:46 am
    All of the sensor scans came back with nothing which was frustrating to say the least. He didn't feel good about leaving Angel and the twins if an intruder had somehow found a way around the palace sensors. Then another thought had occurred to him. Maybe these events were happening all within the recesses of Kat's mind. If that was the case, then she really needed to get some help for her psyche as that type of condition could cause some damage later. He pondered on this some more and hoped if that was the case, then she should be able to hold on until he got back to give her help. In the meantime, he sent out a mental signal for Maul to come to him.

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:59 am
    Lazily flapping his wings into the castle and into the central system where Mil was, Maul landed in front of him and growled groggily...

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(Whatchu want fool?)
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:01 am
    "You know, I don't know what's worse. The weird way you talk or the notion that I'm beginning to understand you. Anyway, I need you to keep an eye on Angel and the girls for me."

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:12 am
    GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(Why? Where're you going?)
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:14 am
    "I gotta go to help in the war on Elysia. But there's something strange going on around the palace. Keep an eye on them for me. Also keep an eye on Kat."

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:15 am
    GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(Kat? Who's dat?)
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:17 am
    "Who's Kat?? She's been living here for a few days now, you can't tell me that you don't know who she is. Why don't you know who she is? Aren't you supposed to be guarding us and stuff?"

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:24 am
    GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(Fool, the only thing I guard around here is my icy jewels, platinum fangs and the back of my eyelids when I'm sleeping. I could care less about anything else.)
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:39 am

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:42 am
    He slaps Mil on his back and laughs at him.

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Just joking fool. Yeah, I got your peoples covered. But your punkazz better bring me back a souvenir or something. My services ain't cheap.)
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:45 am
    The slap on the back was painful. Mil just shook his head and wondered if the Dragons ever gave OP and SF this hard of a time. He nodded slowly to Maul as he sidestepped back to the kitchen where the twins seemed to have finished their food and Angel and Kat were talking...

"I miss anything?"

Mil's Sig and Bio
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:27 am
    'So,' Kevin thought. 'It seems the Queen knows Zameal better than I thought. This could prove interesting.'

Outloud, he responded to the Queen. "Being Queen must put a lot of pressure on you. Forgive my impermanence, Your Majesty, but is there someone else in your life that you would consider to be your husband, who could rule with you and help take some of the pressure away?"
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:29 am
    Kat smiled at Millennium as he walked in.

Nothing much. Honor's Angel just invited me to go with her and the girls into town after breakfast.
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:53 am
    "Oh really? That's a great idea. I wish I could go with all of you but I think that I need to get going so Elysia still has a future."

He looks at the twins looking at him as if they knew he was leaving them but didn't know where and why. He sighed and bent down to their level to talk to them.

"Danae. Pixie. I need you to look after Mommy for me, okay? Daddy has to go and take care of some bad guys. I'll......be back as soon as I can alright?"

They didn't say anything at first. Danae eyes started watering a little bit while Pixie just stared at him with sad eyes. They both moved in close to him and gave him a solemn hug around his neck. He embraced his girls and asked them...

"So you gonna look out for mommy for me?"

Danae just nodded her head in Mil's chest while Pixie answered quietly with a simple "Yes Dad". He picked them up in his arms and stood to his feet. Fighting a tear, he looked at Angel and said...

"I'm gonna miss you."

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:22 am
    ::Honor's Angel knew Mil would have to leave them sooner or later. She had hoped later. She gave him a hug after he told the twins bye. She sadly smiled.::

I'll miss you too. Be safe and come back to us.
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:27 am
    He embraced her and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"I'll be safe and be back before you know it."

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:34 am
    Come back safely, Millennium.

Kat smiled.
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:37 am
    You better be.

::Angel said to Mil.::

Now go, Elysia needs you.
    Posted by Millennium (Member #49) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:43 am
    He smiled and nodded at Kat...

"I will. Please take care of them."

He turned back to Angel, kissed her on her lips and said...

"I eagerly await the next time when I can taste those sweet lips of your again, m'love. I love you."

And just in that moment a flash of amber light encompassed him as he sidestepped out of the palace.

Mil's Sig and Bio
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:05 am
    As the sidestep effect wore off, a certain blue dragon appeared in Mil's place.

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(What's up fools?)
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:35 am
    Kat took a step back in shock. Part of her shock came from the fact that a large blue dragon suddenly stood in the room. The other part of the shock was that she understood the dragon's growls perfectly.

Kat responded to the dragon. Her speech was a perfect set of growls to match the dragon's own speech. "Who are you?" she asked in shock, in the dragon's tongue, not realizing she had switched her spoken language.
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:44 am
    Maul looked at this woman with a bit of surprise. Previously, only the family was able to understand him and barely at that. Now he's standing in front of some female that seemed to speak his language fluently. Skeptically, he answers...

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(Name's Maul. Who da hell are you?)
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:46 am
    "My name is Kat," Kat replied in growls. "I am a guest of Millennium and Honor's Angel."
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:58 am
    Maul remembers the name from when Mil told him about her. Still a bit wary of this encounter, he continues...

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(Now I know who you is. Cool. Gotta ask a question though. How come you can speak like me?)
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:02 am
    Kat paused in shock. She hadn't even realized that she had been speaking the dragon's language.

"Um, I don't know," she growled in response. "I can't remember a lot from my past. I must have learned it and didn't know until I spoke to you."
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:22 am
    GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(Strange. Only Dragons from around da way know how to kick it like this. So what set you claim?)
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:19 pm
    Kat stared at Maul blankly for a moment. She had no clue what the dragon was saying. She understood the words clearly enough, but the slang was beyond her. Without realizing it, she read the dragon's mind trying to find out what the dragon meant.

"Oh," she said in growls after she finally understood what Maul was trying to ask her. "I don't know where I am from. I don't remember much. Millennium and Honor's Angel are helping me remember my past."
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:59 pm
    Katrina Arnasis wrote:
    'So,' Kevin thought. 'It seems the Queen knows Zameal better than I thought. This could prove interesting.'

Outloud, he responded to the Queen. "Being Queen must put a lot of pressure on you. Forgive my impermanence, Your Majesty, but is there someone else in your life that you would consider to be your husband, who could rule with you and help take some of the pressure away?"

The Queen turned red at Kevin's question. She smiled dryly. "I do wonder what it is about that phrase ('forgive my impermanence') that makes people ask the most brazen questions... If it weren't for that phrase I do doubt anyone would ever get out what they truly wanted to ask..." She smirked to herself. Her response wasn't accusatory in any way. She thought on the many times she herself had used that phrase.
    "You might consider a profession as a reporter, Kevin. People usually get the run-around when they ask me that particular question. To answer you, yes. There is a person I have considered, though it is of no surprise that that particular person is my adviser. He is the prince of Thames, after all and the throne ought to have been his in the first place. But, the situation is..." Her brow furrowed as she searched for a description. "Delicate... At any rate, ruling is not what weighs so heavily on me at the moment. Zamael has proven valuable enough in that respect that he takes more of the burden than even myself. That, of course leaves me to worry about other facets of my life and those are what I'm fixed on at the moment."
    She stared out at the street.

"Of course they are still along the same line as your question, but marrying my adviser would not alleviate those problems, only make them more... evident." She smiled weakly at him.
    "I suppose that answer was satisfactory?"
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:32 am
    From a rooftop in the distance, a lone man talks to himself as he settles down and starts to assemble his distortion rifle. His murmurings range from wondering about who won last evening's betting pool to cleaning his home sine he will have visitors later on. He goes on and on until his gun is complete and lays down to view the scope for his intended target. And there she is. The lovely Queen of Thames doing nothing else but talking to someone. He activated the settings on the gun which brought up it's distortion wave. Instead of the gun producing a bullet it shot off a tiny distortion pulse which melted organic cells on contact. It was always quite effective and very untraceable. Once totally armed he took his aim. He steadily started for the trigger when suddenly a figure walked in the line of sight.

"Bloody Flipping Hell!"

He looked through his sight to see who it was. Imagine his surprise when it was the figure of the man who hired him...

You're Welcome.
    Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:40 am
    He wanted his presence to be here at the Queen's final hour (not knowing that he was in the way of the killshot). To bare witness to it first hand so he could savor in the kill. He needed to eliminate the Queen in case she was a candidate for the Guardians arrival. He pardoned his intrusion in what seems to be an interesting conversation...

"Good morning your highness. It is well to see you out here. How have you been?"
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:15 am
    The Queen smiled, brightly as the Emissary approached. "Ah, Ellysand. I'm fine, I'm fine... Only talking a bit with Kevin here.I trust you had a nice talk with Zamael last night? Poor lad stayed up half the night over it, I dare say. He's sleeping it off at the moment."
    The Queen was all smiles, but inside she was livid and a string of expletives were running through her head about the Emissary. "Have me killed, will you? Pompous old kodger... Well, Zamael wants your head for a trophy, anyway. Kill me or not, you're still going to die. Though I am surprised to see you here, you bastard. Planning on actually getting your hands dirty with this one? Somehow I doubt it."
    Smile.
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:23 am
    I love you too...

::Angel kissed Mil bye. "Please be safe." She looked to Maul.::

Hi Maul. Now control your language, the twins are here.

::Angel was surprised that Kat could understand Maul. She took the twins hands.::

Kat I'm going to get them cleaned up and then we'll go into town. Maul you are welcome to come also if you wish.

::Angel headed to a bathroom with Danae and Pixie to clean up their faces. They had enjoyed Kat's cooking so much they got food all over them.::
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:49 pm
    Kat smiled at Honor's Angel. She answered in her normal speech, not using the dragon growls.

"I'm looking forward to it," Kat replied. "It will be fun."
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:59 pm
    'This must be my lucky day,' Kevin thought as Ellysand walked up. 'Both the queen and the emissary.' Kevin stood up in respect of Ellysand's arrival.

Kevin listened in to the spoken and the unspoken conversations between Ellysand and the Queen. It would appear that Ellysand was intending to assassinate the queen, and she knew it as well. One thing he would never do would be to stand in the way of another assassin in their hit. Besides, he was here for KA9. If the local leadership sought to kill each other, that was their own business not his.

Kevin decided to probe a little deeper into Ellysand's mind, as much as he was able to without being discovered. He soon learned that this man wasn't really the Emissary. His name was Bilal, and he had killed the real Ellysand. He also wondered what the story was with Exu. He was sure that as time went on, he would be able to uncover even more on this mystery.

Kevin stayed back by the tree, staying silent. In all ways he appeared respectful of the Queen and Ellysand's conversation, not wanting to interrupt. Neither had any way of realizing just how much of their spoken and unspoken conversation he was absorbing.

Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:22 pm
    The Queen looked behind her to check on the girls again, but they were fine. They were sitting down in the grass. Apparently they had gathered enough flowers for a while. She turned back to the Emissary. Her sudden movements rattled Mekaar and he decided to play closer attention to things. From the shadows he could smell everyone. The Queen smelled familiar, but, oddly, he could smell deceit on all of them. He rubbed his nose with his paw. No one was lying, but it hung in the air like a perfume. He whined a little bit, nervous for his master's friend.
    Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:32 am
    He looked at the Queen with unnatural eagerness to see when the moment would happen. Until then he nodded to Kevin and continued the conversation with the Queen...

"Oh, our talk was not very eventful. Just playing catch up really. So tell me. I am curious to find out what plans you have for Thames and their return."
    ...to the topTop

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:39 am
    "Move out of the flipping way! I can't kill her if your blooming bum is in the way!"

...whispered the angry sharpshooter as he was figgetting with his gun.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:38 am
    Katrina Arnasis wrote:
    Kat smiled at Honor's Angel. She answered in her normal speech, not using the dragon growls.

"I'm looking forward to it," Kat replied. "It will be fun."

Yes it will be.

::Angel said before she headed the kids to the nearest bathroom and washed their hands and faces. Once they were clean. They headed back to Kat.::
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:44 am
    The Queen nodded. "Ah... Well, I think the best thing is to get them all back here as soon as possible, but I'd like to have the new borders of Thames mapped out before then so they can settle in as quickly as possible. That way we can prevent a lot of moving around later. I think it's important for us to ready for them here. After that, it's mostly up to the people and what they want." The Queen smirked a little as she remembered Zamael wanting to ban fireworks. Why she thought of that, she had no idea but it was amusing. She smiled gently. "I probably sound like a broken record by now."
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:55 am
    Kevin nodded back to the Emissary with a smile. He remained silent, listening to the conversation and the thoughts they were both speaking. He could sense two additional minds nearby. One was more animalistic in nature, like a dog or something. It was hard to get a determine, though, as if the creature wasn't fully there.

The second mind was clearly that of the assassin. So far, he has been fortunate to not encounter anyone who could detect his mental intrusions. Assassins, though, could often hold hidden surprises. He debated whether or not he should attempt to read the assassin's mind. Kevin finally decided that now was the time to move on, before he also became a target.

"If you'll excuse me Your Majesty and Emissary," Kevin said at last. "I think it is time for me to go about my business. It appears you have important matters of state to deal with, and I have my own tasks to accomplish this morning."

Kevin gracefully bowed before the Queen and the Emissary, waiting for the response to be dismissed. He didn't want to be nearby when the assassin finally chose to strike.

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:58 am
    When Honor's Angel took the twins out to get cleaned up, Kat stood up and began cleaning the dishes. She didn't want to leave the kitchen a mess when they left.

The girls weren't gone long, and when they did return, they found Kat still cleaning the dishes from breakfast this morning. Kat didn't even notice them come in. She was humming a sweet tune as she rinsed the dishes beneath the hot water.
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:06 pm
    The Queen nodded. She was not happy to see Kevin going-- she didn't really want to be alone with the Emissary. She thought she might punch him if there was no one there to keep an eye on her, but if Zamael could control his temper around the Emissary, then so could she.
    "You will be missed, Kevin. Please don't hesitate to say 'hello' the next time you see myself or Zamael." She smiled gently as he left.
    In the shadows Mekaar shook his furred head for no reason and let his tongue loll out.
    The Queen turned back to the Emissary with a smile.

Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:38 pm
    He nodded as Kevin walked away and took a few steps around the Queen.

"Not at all. In fact, it's such a nice day and since we both have time let's do that right now. I had a few scouts survey the lands and they have brought me back some remarkable information regarding your kingdom. The Shanjari Waters that were originally Thames' barrier have grown quite violent than before."
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:45 pm
    "Perfect."

Now that the Emissary moved he had a clear shot at the Queen's pretty little head. His finger reached for the trigger. Steady, he started inching it back while keeping his eyes set on the target. Just when he was at the moment of firing....

...a pigeon landed on top of his gun and in front of his sighting. Startled by this, he accidentally dropped the gun all the way down to the ground where it landed harmlessly in some bushes. The pigeon of course flew away after the merc started swinging at it in frustration. Then he looked down to make sure that no one saw his scene or the gun falling. Muttering another expletive or two he made the trek downstairs to go and retrieve his weapon.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:15 pm
    Back at the palace...

Honor's Angel wrote:
    Hi Maul. Now control your language, the twins are here.

GROWL!

(Yes ma'am.)

Honor's Angel wrote:
    Kat I'm going to get them cleaned up and then we'll go into town. Maul you are welcome to come also if you wish.

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(Oh, that's what I'm talkin' bout right there! I wonder how many people I can rob today? My record is seventeen. CHEE!)
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:37 pm
    The Queen smiled. "The waters have gotten more violent, have they? I didn't think that possible. You have safe transport enough?I would hate to see anyone get hurt on our little excursion..." She let that last statement hang in the air while she turned back to look for Venice and Theron. They were busily linking flowers together. The Queen hated to drag them away from it but she knew it would be folly to go with the Emissary alone. Then again, if they went with her they could also be in danger. She called to the two of them and apologized as they headed back toward the tree.
    "Venice, Theron... You two should go to the house and tend Zamael if he wakes up."
    They bowed to her, inwardly protesting a little-- the Queen shouldn't be without an escort, really, but they guessed that she trusted the emissary. With that, they started back on the road to the house carrying their mounds of flowers and formulating a plan to dump them on Zamael's head as a joke.
    The Queen turned back to the Emissary.
    "I'd hate for either one of them to get hurt if Thames has gotten that dangerous..." she said with a small smile.
    She stood up.

"Shall we be off, then?"
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
    In the shadows, Mekaar very briefly glimpsed something falling off a nearby roof... The Queen was okay and he was curious so he decided to investigate, padding over to the shadow of a bush...
    Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:45 pm
    He felt a bit antsy on the inside because the merc should have struck by now. This was the best opportunity for that to happen. Where was he?? Although his anxiety showed in his face just a little, he extended his arm out for the Queen and said...

"We shall."

As they walked together he kept mindful not to walk too close to her. Just in case.

"My scouts have found the old underwater passage again and word is that they have been plotting new passageways. But for right now the best way to get your people back to their land would be from entering from space. Your land is also bigger than before. Did you know?"
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:49 pm
    manekikun wrote:
    In the shadows, Mekaar very briefly glimpsed something falling off a nearby roof... The Queen was okay and he was curious so he decided to investigate, padding over to the shadow of a bush...

The merc made it downstairs and was wading through the bush trying to find his gun. When he found it he noticed something peculiar about it. The weapon looked like it was halfway in a shadow of some sort. Then he heard a growling sound.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:54 pm
    There was a sudden sharp yell and the rustling of some leaves.
    The Queen looked over inquisitively, but there was nothing there. It had probably just been a squirrel.
    Within a minute or two Mekaar was happily trailing behind the Queen again, wagging his tail furiously.

Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:57 pm
    Venice and Theron arrived back at the house in about a quarter of an hour. They sat in the hallway outside Zamael's room and linked together the rest of their flowers. This occupied them for the better part of an hour after which they snuck in and strung them all through the room.
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:21 am
    Kevin walked away from the Queen and the Emissary. He had gathered a lot of information from that short conversation. He was intrigued with the situation, but he wasn't here for that purpose. He was here to find KA9. The Emissary knew her, and the Emissary was his key to get to Kat.

Kevin thought for a moment how he could manipulate the Emissary into assisting him. When he realized that his choice in assassins wasn't the best, he thought he found an opportunity to get to the Emissary. He sent a telepathic message that only the Emissary would receive. The 'voice' Kevin projected was altered slightly, so he would not be recognized.

"Emissary Ellysand. Your assassin has failed to hit his mark. If you would like a professional to perform the hit, then meet me by the old oak tree outside of town at high noon."

Kevin continued walking, wondering if his prey would take the bait.

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:25 am
    Kat looked up at Maul and gave him a chastising look. She spoke to him in his language of dragon growls.

"Stealing is wrong. You should never steal from anyone. Don't you know that?"
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:10 am
    ::Angel shook her head at Maul.::

You are going to have to behave yourself when we go into town.

::She looked to Kat.::

Are you ready to go?
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:28 pm
    He frowned and lowered his head at what the women said.

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(Oh alright. Sheesh. Can't have any fun around here. I can't even pickpocket just one guy? My hands nave been itching me today. I feel like I'm gonna get some money.)
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:35 pm
    Ellysand wrote:
    "My scouts have found the old underwater passage again and word is that they have been plotting new passageways. But for right now the best way to get your people back to their land would be from entering from space. Your land is also bigger than before. Did you know?"

The Queen shook her head with a faint smile.
    "No... I'm afraid the Thames colony was too far away for us to be very well informed. Although I did suspect that the lay of the land had changed. More's the better if it's now larger."
    The Queen shifted, a little nervous. "I do hate to go visit the country without Zamael... He'll be jealous, I'm sure, but he can go on his own some other time."
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:36 am
    Kamikaze Felix departed from the ship Final Stand and cut down through Eden's atmosphere, being very careful to avoid detection.

"....Where is it....?"

Landing on the planets surface, he felt the strength of the energy signature increase. It was definitely nearby, but........

Turning, he found himself gazing at some caves, marveling at the feeling of power that flowed off them.

In There.

Anyone else would have missed it. But a Felix picked it out straight away.

Emanating from the S'furi caves was a well of Negation energy, invisible to everyone except those that can truly harness its power. And no matter how much Felix had changed in the last few days, he was still Negation born and bred.

Should things not go to plan for the other Felixs, this power would be the perfect way to even the score.

Kamikaze Felix nodded to himself, and went to have a look.......

I am coming for your soul.
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:50 am
    S'Furi Caves

A small yet creepy voice could be heard as the intruder entered the caves...

"It wants to take the light from us. What shall we do with it?"

Another small voices answers...

"What we do every time someone wants the light. We eat it."

Movement could be heard from within the darkened caves. The scampering sounded small but numerous and came in waves. It inched closer and closer to the Felix.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:11 am
    Katrina Arnasis wrote:
    "Emissary Ellysand. Your assassin has failed to hit his mark. If you would like a professional to perform the hit, then meet me by the old oak tree outside of town at high noon."

He felt the mental tickle and heard what was said. Surprised by this, he initiated a partial mental block to hide any further details from this unknown telepath and carefully weighed in on what was said. This needed to be investigated. He answered the Queen with..

"Then how about we do this. I have a ....noon appointment... to keep. Why don't you see if Zamael wishes to come along as well. All of us can go at the same time. What do you say?"
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:08 am
    Kamikaze Felix felt a considerable change in both temperature and atmosphere as he entered the cave.

Undaunted, he stepped further into the cave, heading for where he knew the energy must be.

He kept walking until the darkness was absolute, wrapping around him like a cocoon.

Shuffling sounds......

Someone, or someTHING else is here...

Channeling energy into his palms, Felix held his hands out in front of him like torches.

The shuffling stopped briefly.

Looking around, Felix decided to play for caution. After all, he was all alone on a strange planet. He knew the other Felix's wouldn't be able to spare the time or manpower to come back for him......

"Who is there....? we.....i mean, I am not armed. I pose no threat, and am simply lost. Perhaps you could help me, or maybe i could help you.....?"

Felix's tone was completely calm. Almost innocent. Yet within him, he was preparing for an energy attack that would light up the caverns with deadly green wildfire....

"Come. Show yourself."

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:45 am
    In the darkened caves, the rustling continued as this being asked for someone to show themselves. And then, one tiny being emerged...

Quietly, she asks him...

"Who are you stranger?"

You're Welcome.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:40 am
    the Queen shakes her head.
    "No, now is fine. He needs his rest and there will be times aplenty for him to visit the lands."
    and she was still pissed off at him...
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:27 pm
    Maul wrote:

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(Oh alright. Sheesh. Can't have any fun around here. I can't even pickpocket just one guy? My hands nave been itching me today. I feel like I'm gonna get some money.)

You'll set a bad example for the girls and I know I'm so mean to you.
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:08 pm
    AMP wrote:
    In the darkened caves, the rustling continued as this being asked for someone to show themselves. And then, one tiny being emerged...

Quietly, she asks him...

"Who are you stranger?"

".......People call me Felix."

Kamikaze Felix looked down at the tiny being in a bemused manner.

"Pardon my curiosity but...... I have never seen any manner of being quite like you.......I take it there are more of you in this cave? all this rustling could not have been made by just one....."

Felix raised his glowing palms, causing the light to grow brighter.

"Come. Who are you? What are you? Step into the light and tell me more......"

Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:13 pm
    Honor's Angel wrote:
    Maul wrote:

You'll set a bad example for the girls and I know I'm so mean to you.

(No, you ain't mean Mrs. Angel-lady. You been ai-ight by me. Just wanted to get some ends for a date I've got later on. But I'll find it another way. So we ready?)
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:20 pm
    The forces of Felix wrote:
    AMP wrote:

Quietly, she asks him...

"Who are you stranger?"

".......People call me Felix."

Kamikaze Felix looked down at the tiny being in a bemused manner.

"Pardon my curiosity but...... I have never seen any manner of being quite like you.......I take it there are more of you in this cave? all this rustling could not have been made by just one....."

Felix raised his glowing palms, causing the light to grow brighter.

"Come. Who are you? What are you? Step into the light and tell me more......"

She giggles a little...

"Of course there are more of us silly. We live here."

She floats into the light some more to reveal more of herself.

"We are the S'Furities. Natives to this land. But we have not seen your kind before. Tell me, are you tasty?"

She asks with a cute smile on her face.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:49 pm

"Ahaha.......no. I'm afraid no-one has managed to find out."

The little sprite floated closer.

"Yet many have tried. Personally, i wouldn't recommend being the next to try a sample....."

Gazing into the gloom, Kamikaze Felix saw little silhouettes. More S'Furities? It seemed likely...

Suddenly, Felix began to get the feeling that this situation was more dangerous than he had at first thought.

Gathering the energy inside him, Felix's whole body began to glow.........

"I don't believe you will be making a meal of me today, though...."

A humming sound filled the cave as Felix began to levitate away from the ground.

"None shall stand in our way!!!"

Flinging his arms out about him, he screamed as he sent a deadly energy pulse out into the cave, aimed to incinerate all in the vicinity......

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:45 pm
    When Honor's Angel came back to the kitchen, Kat had almost finished with the dishes.

"Just give me a couple minutes to finish the dishes," Kat replied with a smile. While Honor's Angel spoke to Maul, she finished the dishes and washed her hands.

"Ok, I'm ready to go," Kat said with a smile.
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:47 pm
    Kevin walked out of the town. Once he was far enough away, he looked around to make sure he was alone. Assured that he was safe, Kevin altered his appearance back to his natural appearance. In his natural appearance, he bore a striking resemblance to Kat. He even wore the same style grey jump suit.

Kevin walked back to the old oak tree to wait for the arrival of Ellysand. He knew, if nothing else, this afternoon should prove to be very interesting.
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:10 am
    Maul wrote:

(No, you ain't mean Mrs. Angel-lady. You been ai-ight by me. Just wanted to get some ends for a date I've got later on. But I'll find it another way. So we ready?)

You have a date? Well have fun on it. Is it my dragon you taking out?

::She was talking about the green dragon that was flying outside.::

Where are you taking the lucky dragon?

::Angel asked Maul as she waited for Kat to finish up the dishes.::

Katrina Arnasis wrote:
    "Ok, I'm ready to go," Kat said with a smile.

Great. Let's go everyone.

::Angel, Kat, the twins, and Maul left the palace and headed into town for some fun.::
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:37 pm
    As they all walked toward the town, Maul answered...

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

( Yep. I'm gonna take her for a candlelight dinner inside my treasure cave. The light from the candles make all the jewels and gold sparkle and stuff. I'm doing it WAY big. Got some Barry White music too. Hmm. Maybe when we're in town I can get my dome cut. Gotta have my wig tight for da honey tonight. Ya feel me?)
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:45 pm
    As Felix sent out his energy wave it briefly lit the cave he was in. Many screams noted that his blast hit more than just several of them. In that instance he would see that the cave beared more of a resemblance to a rocky honeycomb hive that actually moved around. Even the entrance he came in at closed off and shifted somewhere else. And just before the light from his wave went out, he noticed something a bit frightening...

There were thousands of angry S'Furities fluttering about that bared their drooly fangs at him. As the light was fading out one of them said...

"Stay a while friend. It has been so long since we had someone for dinner."

Their fluttering came in closer to Felix as the light went out.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:55 pm
    manekikun wrote:
    the Queen shakes her head.
    "No, now is fine. He needs his rest and there will be times aplenty for him to visit the lands."
    and she was still pissed off at him...

Before he did anything else, he felt another mental tickle...

~Take the Queen to her land. It may be the last time she sees it. I'LL handle your "noon appointment" personally.~

He didn't like this. Things were starting to feel out of his realm of control. Still he obeyed and nodded to the Queen...

"Then let us be off then. Come. At the edge of town I will be able to show you our new way of transit. It will have us to your land in no time."

He extended his hand to her as he led them towards the town gates.
    Posted by Exu (Member #1240) on Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:59 pm
    Katrina Arnasis wrote:
    Kevin walked out of the town. Once he was far enough away, he looked around to make sure he was alone. Assured that he was safe, Kevin altered his appearance back to his natural appearance. In his natural appearance, he bore a striking resemblance to Kat. He even wore the same style grey jump suit.

Kevin walked back to the old oak tree to wait for the arrival of Ellysand. He knew, if nothing else, this afternoon should prove to be very interesting.

From the shadow of the tree emerged an unexpected and slightly peeved visitor. He speaks directly to this stranger who invaded Ellysand's mind...

"Answer me well for your life may depend on it. What do you know of the plan?"
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:01 pm
    If the Felixs hadn't evolved past human emotions fairly recently, then Kamikaze Felix would have been genuinely terrified.

Standing in the deep twilight of the S'Furi caves on his own, he felt thousands of tiny, menacing energy signatures dancing towards him in the dark.

He took a moment to consider his position.

"Oh dear...."

His position wasn't that great.

But the energy is in here somewhere. I cannot let anything prevent me from taking it.

"Very well little ones. There is no longer any point in us trying to deceive you. We are indeed greater than this part of us that you see before you. Therefore we cannot allow insects to stand in the way of our destiny."

Felix's hands glowed once more, this time with an intense orange heat that formed themselves into long shafts of fiery light.

"We stole this power of heat from the Goddess Minity. You should feel honored that we use it to smite you."

Swinging round wildly, Felix attacked, lighting up the cave once more and revealing the hive-like walls.

With a growl, Felix charged into the darkness, swinging wildly and putting the flying demons and the hive-walls to flame as random S'Furities charged and began to bite at him with their terrible fangs.......

Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:59 pm
    The Queen nodded in ascent, a gentle smile on her lips. She took the Emissary's hand, fighting back on the want to slap it away in disgust.
    He didn't scare her, he merely disgusted her. She silently hoped, however that, Mekaar was still with her.

Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:27 pm
    As they reached the gates of the town, Ellysand moved his hand in a weird motion in front of him almost as if he was typing on an invisible keyboard. He tells her...

"This is some of the technology that we developed during our journeys. It allows us to traverse great distances using a miniature wormhole effect."

He then steps back and motions her next to him...

"Are you ready?"
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:04 pm
    The Queen nods and readies herself.

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:10 am
    The battle continued within the S'Furi Caves. The awful smell of brimstone saturated the hive-like walls of the caves as Felix's burning attacks set flame to the S'Furities' home. Several of their number were even struck by his attacks which made them combust into a greenish gas. Imagine Felix's surprise when the gas re-animated itself and started flying after him as well burning through everything it it's wake. And let's not forget about the remaining S'Furities who tried biting their prey hoping to slow it's pace down.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:37 am
    Kamikaze Felix whirled through the darkness, hacking and burning wildly at the S'Furities, as they became green, only to re-animate and attack him again. There were far too many of then, and he knew it. He was going to lose.

But he'd be damned if he was going to go without a fight.

Alternating rapidly between blasts of his own power and the destructive heat energy, he charged through the cave, beating everything aside and desperately trying to search out the Negation Energy. With that on his side, he may well be able to survive this, but as he ran, the cave just seemed to swarm with more S'furities and get progressively darker.

The bites and burns he was sustaining were beginning to take their toll. Only the self-healing power of his Ligis had saved him from dropping dead on the spot.

Then, two S'Furities came straight at his face.

Out of reflex, Felix bent over backwards to avoid their attack, and at the same time his hands shot forward to grab them both and stop them getting any closer.

One moment, he held them both tight in his grasp as they twisted angrily. Then suddenly, all the life simply drained from their body.

Felix let them drop to the ground, their energies absorbed into him.

Then it struck him. He could get out of this alive. These enemies could be absorbed by his touch!

Felix beat them back again. He was reluctant to do this. The Original Felix was too far away to share newly absorbed energies with. This would mean Kamikaze Felix would have to act completely independently, and that scared him.

But he felt sure it was his only choice.

Bracing himself, he charged the wave of S'Furities with arms outstretched and began to absorb the energies of all who attacked him.....

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:27 pm
    Kevin was surprised to see Exu appear in front of him, but he didn't show it. Instead, he simply gave a nod to Exu, as if he were expecting him all along.

"So, the man behind the plan chooses to meet me, instead of his lackey," Kevin said calmly. "What I know isn't important. How I can help you is. The question is, do you care enough about the success of your plans to put your trust into the hands of a professional?"
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:33 pm
    Kat laughed out loud when Maul spoke of getting his "wig" cut. The dragon didn't have any hair. She could almost picture the dragon sitting in a barber's chair while a human barber stood on a ladder trying to reach the hard-to-reach places.

After her laughter subsided, she looked at Honor's Angel. "So, where are we going first?" she asked.
    Posted by Exu (Member #1240) on Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:38 pm
    He intermingled his thoughts into mathematical codes to confuse the stranger in case he tried to read his mind.

"Professionals are those whose anonymity remain intact. They never initiate contact with a contractor. You have failed in both areas ergo you are not as professional as you'd like to think. So why should I trust you?"
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:47 pm
    Kevin gave a sly smile. "My anonymity remains perfectly intact, I can assure you. Do not presume to trust your senses. I told you I am a professional, and I meant it. If you want your plans to succeed, despite the bumblings of Bilal, then you will trust me. If you choose not to, then I will be on my way, and you will never see me again, unless I want you to see me."
    Posted by Exu (Member #1240) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:39 am
    ::This individual spoke the name Bilal. Clearly my erstwhile lackey has been slipping up if someone knows of his true name. He must be punished for this. But for now..::

"The only way to truly know if you are up to the task is to sample your effectiveness. Come, I shall be your target. Hit me if you can."
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:57 am
    Kamikaze Felix flew through the caves screaming as the S'Furities swarmed around him. Batting left and right with his hands, he sent waves of energy into them, each time absorbing a few more of the little pests as the rest of them vied for position, trying to avoid his attacks and sink their teeth into his exposed flesh.

The bastards learnt quickly. Whenever he lashed out with hands or energy, most of them ducked backwards. They knew he was a danger to them, but if they could pin him down, his absorbing abilities would do little to help him. Felix's very life depended on him keeping moving.

He couldn't keep this up for much longer. Bouncing off the walls, he moved from dingy cave to dingy cave in a desperate search for an exit to the caves so that he could recover.

The caves seemed to be a total labyrinth! Backflipping wildly, Felix managed to absorb several more of them before he saw it.

A little hole, barely enough for a man to squeeze through, rested in the wall, guarded by a large amount of the S'Furities.

Felix guessed it must be the way out. They wouldn't be guarding it otherwise.

Kicking off from the wall, he launched himself at the hole with arms outstretched, and burst through the guarding sprites.

Looping through the arcing tunnel, he was constantly aware of the hum of wings just behind him. He felt something tug at his boot for a moment, but he sped up and it was gone.

Wherever he was going, they were following him!

Bursting out the other end of the tunnel, Felix tumbled into an empty cavern.

No exit.

Damn.

In the darkness of the cave, Felix had a moment to recover and catch his breath before the humming of little wings intensified. Any moment, they would be through the tunnel. He had to move now. Felix wasn't sure how much longer he could keep this up.

Running through the empty cavern, Felix thought he saw a light up ahead. An exit? Felix lifted himself into the air and flew forward.

The light was too dim to be an exit. In fact on closer inspection, in emanated from what looked like a small rock.......

What?

And then the S'Furities reached the cave......

Felix stared down at the glowing thing. Suddenly, he realized what it was.

It was an egg!

He had found the Negation Energy!

The S'Furities were getting closer. As Felix dived desperately forward, the first of them reached him and bit down hard into his shoulder.

As Felix screamed, his hand touched the the green, glowing egg.

Suddenly, everything was quiet.

The S'Furities had stopped moving in mid air, controlled by the egg.

Sitting down heavily on the cave floor, Felix clutched the egg and breathed a deep sigh of relief....

...to the topTop

Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:01 am
    manekikun wrote:
    The Queen nods and readies herself.

He nods and reaches for her hand while saying...

"Execute!"

A clear bubble of energy encircled them and lifted them up a few feet in the air. Once it reached a certain height it zoomed off at speeds over 300 mph, all the while inside the bubble they didn't feel the effects of the G-forces. Looking outside, they could see the terrain of Eden moving at a fascinating pace. Ellysand looked at her and asked...

"Enjoying the trip so far?"
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:55 am
    The strange, glowing egg seemed to be some kind of puzzle. Keeping his distance from the frozen S'Furities, Kamikaze Felix began to inspect it further.

He tapped the egg lightly. A piece moved and clicked into place next to another. The whole egg pulsed a little brighter now, giving out a "vwom" noise.

Felix understood! This thing must be like some kind of cosmic rubics cube! (( at Mil!))

He projected a little energy into his eyes until they glowed, giving him more light so he could work.

After about half an hour of frustration, the final section of the egg clicked into place.

Felix stared at it. Nothing. He had risked his life and wasted half an hour on a broken egg. Wonderful.

Putting it down, he stood up and made to leave.

"VWOOOM!!!!"

Felix span around and stared at the egg. Oh, something was happening alright. Something big.

A shaft of dull green light shot up into the ceiling, emitting energy so potent that Felix almost collapsed with ecstasy! This was the energy he had come for! This was what the Felixs needed! No-one would stand in their way now!

Felix ran his hand through the beam, directing it, making shapes and figures. It responded to his touch. The energy belonged to him, and him only.

Through the energy, he felt things alter slightly on the planet, in a way only openly perceivable by him

"Yes!"

Suddenly, the humming of S'Furity wings filled the cave once more.....

Felix span around. The S'Furities were watching him intently. As he stepped towards them, they hovered lower, bowing to him.

Felix smiled.

"You are my slaves now" he said. "With power such as this, I could do much. While the other Felix's ensure the Negation victory, I could make great preparations for the aftermath. There is much to do here."

He stared at the S'Furities.

"First, i need to know more of this strange planet...."

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:41 am
    (( Back atcha Shuya!))

One of them floated closer to him never quite lifting his head to look at his new master...

"This planet, First One, is a long dead Polar Battery in this universe. A planet where a multitude of energy wells converge to recharge and funnel back out into the universe. You have activated the Negation Egg. Now Negation energy will flow freely throughout this world."

You're Welcome.
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:07 am
    "Interesting..." Kamikaze Felix said, almost to himself.

"It appears that my brethren underestimated this planet. There is clearly more power here than we first thought....."

Felix walked around the egg, staring at it and running has hands through it's energy as he thought.

"I seem to have a degree of control over this energy. Unsurprising as I was originally a citizen of the Negation universe."

He addressed the S'Furity again. This planet was definitely a curiosity, and he brimmed with questions about it.

"So now Negation energy flows through this world, and i have direct access to it, manipulating it to my will......

When you said 'a multitude of energy wells'... did you mean there are more eggs like this? And if this is what happens when one of them is activated.......what would happen if I activated another?

Or better still, what would happen if one were to be destroyed?"

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:35 am
    "Legend says that there are more eggs like this one though we do not know how many. They are hidden and scattered throughout this world. Legend also says that if all were activated and controlled by one person that "The power to move planets" would belong to that person. Still, we do not know where they are for we have never been able to leave these caves since the world died all those years ago."

You're Welcome.
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:01 am
    Kamikaze Felix's interest was held by what the S'Furity said. If he could attain this power that it spoke of, it would mean that the Felixs would no longer need to bide their time and follow the Negation. But he would have to find these eggs first.

It would take too long to search on his own though. Maybe he could find a way to free his new slaves from the cave and command them to go in his stead.

"I would like to find these other eggs, yet I will need your help. Why have you been unable to leave these caves? There must be a way for me to rectify this."

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:06 am
    "So long as the planet is dead we cannot risk the atmosphere. If only the planet were living again we would gladly do your bidding."

You're Welcome.
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:13 am
    Ellysand wrote:
    He nods and reaches for her hand while saying...

"Execute!"

A clear bubble of energy encircled them and lifted them up a few feet in the air. Once it reached a certain height it zoomed off at speeds over 300 mph, all the while inside the bubble they didn't feel the effects of the G-forces. Looking outside, they could see the terrain of Eden moving at a fascinating pace. Ellysand looked at her and asked...

"Enjoying the trip so far?"

The Queen nodded as she looked at the land whipping beneath them. She might have been in awe-- if she were sharing the experience with someone she did not dispise. She glanced down at her shadow, faint though it was, and wondered silently if Mekaar could keep up. It might be disastrous if he couldn't.
    "Quite," she finally said as they traveled along.
    Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:21 am
    Underneath his cool exterior was a man who was riddled with a gauntlet of questions. Like who was the person trying to contact him? Why was Exu reading his mind? Why did Exu go meet this person instead? What was happening at the meeting right now? And why did Exu stay his hand at the Queen's assassination when plans have already been put into place? These things frustrated him. Especially since he has to play host to the Queen to view her lands.

In a few more seconds the bubble made it to the main beach where a few scouts were expecting them. The bubble landed and dissipated as they walked to the shores. Out yonder, one could see several of the tall water columns sprouting forth from the Shanjari. They crashed against each other leaving no wondering room to what would happen if anything crossed their paths. Ellysand looked out at them and remarked to her...

"As you can see, the Shanjari has grown increasingly violent since we all were last here."
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:50 am
    ::Angel smiled to Maul.::

That sounds wonderful. I bet she'll love it.

::She looked to Kat.::

There is a nice artist area in this town. Want to check that out?

::Angel felt something odd...It felt like there were changes in energy around here...It didn't hurt but she seemed more powerful. She shook her head and the feeling went away.::
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:31 am
    The Queen looked out with a little bit of awe at the waters.
    "I can see what you mean..." she mused.
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:40 am
    GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(Hope she likes it. Ol' girl has been playing hard to get from day uno. She needs to stop actin' up and get with this lovely piece of dragon. I ain't gonna stay on da market for long, ya know. Got plenty of honies that want a piece of this.)

When she makes mention of the artist area of the town, Maul knew exactly where she was talking about.

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(Oh, I know that spot! My man Pedro from the El Segundo Quadrant works down there doing paintings and stuff.)
    Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:51 am
    manekikun wrote:
    The Queen looked out with a little bit of awe at the waters.
    "I can see what you mean..." she mused.

"Well, no time like the present then. Execute!"

Another wave of energy hit them this time which submerged their bubble underwater. In front of them was a lone beacon of light that the bubble followed close to. Then the pace quickened the closer they got to the rapid whirlpools that created the destructive columns of water, and as they made it there the bubble made several zig zags following after the beacon that was guiding their way through the vicious currents. After making it through a few dozen whirlpools they finally reached the other side. The bubble disappeared from whence it came which released them onto the land just in front of the Tembea Forest. A growing fear steadily rose from within the Emissary...

"Oh dear. I hoped that it would have been several more years before I encountered this place again."
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:10 am
    AMP wrote:
    "So long as the planet is dead we cannot risk the atmosphere. If only the planet were living again we would gladly do your bidding."

Kamikaze Felix shook his head and smiled.

"Oh, but the planet is very much alive! On my arrival I saw and felt many different lifeforms and flora and fauna. The atmosphere is more than stable."

Felix began to head in the direction of the exit, the egg placed safely in his pocket.

"Now follow me, little slaves. There is much to be done."

Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:31 am
    There was silence at first. It was almost like they were in shock.

Then a slight whispering among them as if they were making sure that they heard him right.

Finally, an outcry of cheers broke out as they happily followed their new master to the exit. They were at last free. Free to roam.

Free to terrorize.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:36 pm
    Kat smiled.

"The artist area sounds great," she replied. "Maybe we can see Maul's friend there, too."
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:40 pm
    "I am a professional assassin, not a mercenary," Kevin told Exu. "I do my killing without the other person even knowing what happened. I am very capable in hand-to-hand combat, though, if the need arises. Question is, what are you looking for? Are you looking for someone who can beat a person into submission, or are you looking for someone who can get the job done right, and make sure your target stays dead?"
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:38 pm
    AMP wrote:
    There was silence at first. It was almost like they were in shock.

Then a slight whispering among them as if they were making sure that they heard him right.

Finally, an outcry of cheers broke out as they happily followed their new master to the exit. They were at last free. Free to roam.

Free to terrorize.

Kamikaze Felix stepped out into the daylight as the S'Furities burst out behind him.

"We search for the other eggs. Find me when you know their whereabouts and do not touch them. Touch them, and your tiny souls will be mine!

Go then. I shall join the search soon."

Felix sat with the egg in his lap.

Since entering the caves he had separated his mind from the collective psychic link that the Felixs had with each other. The link was only really advantageous when with the others. Out here, it would just be a distraction. He was, after all, a completely independent being.

Gently, he connected himself back into the psychic collective and spoke.

"We have secured the Negation Energy that we came for, but instead of initiating hibernation within the planet, we choose to remain active. There is much left on this planet. We have gained control of a small force known as S'Furities who speak of something called the power to move planets. We shall investigate. If it is as great as we suspect, it may mean that we will no longer need the Negation as allies."

"Interesting. We look forward to hearing more in future."

"Yes."

"We have begun our work already. Several new planets have already fallen to the Apocalypse since we destroyed Della. Little resistance has been encountered."

"Correct. They are all to engaged with the Negation to realize that we are a considerably bigger threat."

"The Negation want to dominate. We will destroy. It is that simple."

Felix removed himself from the link, re-assured.

Standing, he began his search for the other eggs......

Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:32 pm
    The Queen smiled softly as she looked out into the forest. She paused a bit, wondering if her companion had caught up to them.
    "I must own that I've always been intrigued with the Tembea forest. Most people can't travel through it-- Zamael for instance. It absolutely hates him... But he gets around it... Myself, on the other hand... Well, for some reason I feel rather at home there. Strange, since I'm not originally from Thames. With all the changes, though, that may have ceased to be the case."
    Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:15 am
    "I never did understand the mystery of this place. The few times I've had to encounter it, it almost seemed as if it wished to snatch me."

He hesitated before setting a foot closer to the beginning of it's vines. The Tembea was a vast enigma to him. Even now as he looked at it his arm hairs bristled with nervousness. It wasn't a typical forest by any means. There were no tall trees where animals could lodge. No branches for birds to nest and no leaves to cover you in the heat of the day. It was a peculiar forest indeed. Instead, there were miles upon miles of thick bark and green vines on the ground overlapping each other, sometimes moving. It was so thick that you could not see the ground it laid on. The only thing that dared to fly over it all were colorful butterflies. They seemed to be the only ones that had harmony with the forest. Feigning chivalry to cover his own cowardice, he extended his hand to the Queen and charmingly says...

"After you."
    Posted by Exu (Member #1240) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:44 am
    Katrina Arnasis wrote:
    "I am a professional assassin, not a mercenary," Kevin told Exu. "I do my killing without the other person even knowing what happened. I am very capable in hand-to-hand combat, though, if the need arises. Question is, what are you looking for? Are you looking for someone who can beat a person into submission, or are you looking for someone who can get the job done right, and make sure your target stays dead?"

"Words. That's all you've given me. Back them up with action."

With great speed he materialized his sword and took a glancing slice at the stranger's chest to test his reflexes.
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:06 am
    Exu was fast, but not fast enough. To Kevin's enhanced senses, it was almost like Exu was moving much slower than he was. With amazing speed and agility, Kevin moved out of the way of the attack and reached forward to grab Exu's arm. He wanted to grab hold of Exu's arm and use the force and speed of Exu's swing to throw him against the tree.
    Posted by Exu (Member #1240) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:26 am
    As the stranger grabbed his arm, Exu extended his darkforce which locked Kevin's hand onto his arm. Using Kevin's grounding stance to his advantage, he avoided the tree and whipped himself in close to Kevin with the blade firmly at his throat.

"Nice move. Get out of this one."
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:45 am
    Kevin noticed that he became locked to Exu's arm. Dealing with magic made things a little more difficult. He was still locked to Exu's arm when Exu put the blade to his throat. Without wasting any time, Kevin fell backwards, moving his head quickly out of the way of attack, and raising his foot as he fell. His attempt was to kick Exu and toss him off of him in one swift move.

((I hope the description is enough to make you undertstand what Kevin is trying to do.))

Posted by Exu (Member #1240) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:52 am
    ((Understood it perfectly. Thanx! ))

The toss move did fling Exu off Kevin but because the grip was still applied to Kevin's arm he didn't go far. Instead as Exu fell on his back to the ground he melted with his shadow and pulled part of Kevin's arm in the shadow as well. Then from underneath Kevin's shadow another hand came up and grabbed his left ankle which tried to pin him to the ground.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:52 am
    ::Angel held each of her daughter's hands and smiled to Maul.::

I'm sure she likes you. She probably just likes playing hard to get. Don't worry before you know it she'll be yours.

::She nodded to Kat.::

Meeting Maul's friend might be a lot fun. Let's go. Lead the way Maul.
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:01 am
    GROWL!

(Cool!)

As they made their way through the town, many people acknowledged and bowed before the Empress. It drew a lot of fanfare for her to walk among them. Many have never been this close to her before but didn't wish to intrude on her visit. One girl who couldn't have been older then eight was working with her mother in a flower shop. When she saw them coming, she plucked a few of the prettiest flowers and headed out to give it to her. As she bowed before her she told her...

"For you, your highness."
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:09 am
    ::Angel smiled to the people, she could feel what they thought about her and it wasn't bad things either. She bent down on one knee when the little girl came up to her with the flowers.::

Thank you. They are beautiful.

::She gave the little girl a hug.::
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:28 am
    Maul had still marched ahead as the crowd had started circling around Angel in appreciation for her presence there. Up ahead, Maul found that Pedro was in his usual spot practicing his painting techniques. After a quick greeting he convinced him to do a portrait of the Empress and her girls. He brought him to them but couldn't seem to get through the crowd. He was sorely tempted to breathe fire on the lot of them.
    Posted by Exu (Member #1240) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:39 am
    As Exu had Kevin pinned, he used his darkforce to determine a few things regarding this "assassin". When he got the information he needed, he released him from his grip and reformed his body to it's original shape. As he put his sword away he asked...

"What is your price?"
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:08 am
    Kevin stood up and dusted himself off.

"My price is actually pretty low, considering," Kevin replied as he was dusting himself off. "A woman has arrived not too long ago, and seemed to have made the acquaintance of Bilal and is currently dwelling with the Empress. I need to get to her, without attracting the attention of the First. Bilal would be my ticket to do so. I need Bilal to work for me."

Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:11 am
    Kat watched as all the people started gathering around them. They were impressed with Honor's Angel. She couldn't blame them. The crowds, though, were making her feel slightly uncomfortable. It was almost as if she couldn't breathe.

Kat looked at Honor's Angel with almost a pleading look. "Could we get out of the crowds a little please? I don't mind people, but I am feeling trapped in this crowd."
    Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:55 am
    Walking through Eden's landscape, Kamikaze Felix suddenly felt a new strength in the atmosphere. Something with power had come into being.

Looking up, Felix saw and felt it simultaneously within him.

A new, green moon hovered over the planet. One inexplicably linked to the Negation egg, and him.

Felix wasn't sure what it meant, but he would certainly find out soon.

'I am amazed at how much we underestimated this planet....'

Felix walked on, continuing his search for the eggs.

Posted by Exu (Member #1240) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:20 pm
    Katrina Arnasis wrote:
    Kevin stood up and dusted himself off.

"My price is actually pretty low, considering," Kevin replied as he was dusting himself off. "A woman has arrived not too long ago, and seemed to have made the acquaintance of Bilal and is currently dwelling with the Empress. I need to get to her, without attracting the attention of the First. Bilal would be my ticket to do so. I need Bilal to work for me."

"So you seek the girl. You of course know that I must ask why, since you are privy to my plan for the Queen. Call it a fair trade-off of information."
    Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:04 pm
    ::Angel was shocked at all the people who wanted to be close to her. She nodded to Kat.::

Right, let's meet Maul's friend.

::She looked at the crowd.::

Excuse us.

::She worked her way through them.::
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:34 pm
    Ellysand wrote:
    "I never did understand the mystery of this place. The few times I've had to encounter it, it almost seemed as if it wished to snatch me."

He hesitated before setting a foot closer to the beginning of it's vines. The Tembea was a vast enigma to him. Even now as he looked at it his arm hairs bristled with nervousness. It wasn't a typical forest by any means. There were no tall trees where animals could lodge. No branches for birds to nest and no leaves to cover you in the heat of the day. It was a peculiar forest indeed. Instead, there were miles upon miles of thick bark and green vines on the ground overlapping each other, sometimes moving. It was so thick that you could not see the ground it laid on. The only thing that dared to fly over it all were colorful butterflies. They seemed to be the only ones that had harmony with the forest. Feigning chivalry to cover his own cowardice, he extended his hand to the Queen and charmingly says...

"After you."

The Queen smiled gently and nodded, amusement at the situation barely keeping her bitterness from surfacing.
    "Why, thank you," she replied and she looked into the Tembea forest. She couldn't explain it, but she was relieved to see it flourishing and her smile became genuine. She stepped forward onto the vines and felt them give a little under her weight. They weren't attacking her, which was good. She smiled again, stooping down to touch some of them. She stopped when she realized how utterly silly she was being.
    The Queen cleared her throat a little and turned to the Emissary.
    "They seem to be calm enough today. Shall we venture onward?"
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:39 pm
    Mekaar nosed around in the shadows wondering where his charge had gone. He'd hoped to follow her, but she'd gone too fast and now he wasn't sure where she was. He whined to himself.
    He'd pressed onward for a while, thinking he could find her, but after a bit, her trail became too faint and Mekaar knew he was lost. With his ears slicked back against his head and a whimper on his lips he did the only thing he could do-- he headed back to the town. His master would be angry with him, probably, but he knew he had to find the Queen again and his master usually knew things he didn't.

Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:16 am
    Morbid curiosity overtook him as he observed her entrance onto the Tembea. He waited just out of reach of the vines to see what would happen. Several of his scouts tried crossing this very same forest some days ago. Only one scout made it back. Turns out this one scout had an unnatural fear of butterflies which made him stay back while the others pressed forward.

Phobias to butterflies notwithstanding, it saved his life.

The scouts account of the scene was frantic but this much was clear. The Tembea reacted somewhat violently to the intruders and eventually swallowed them whole. Not a trace was left of the group other than a bloodied boot.

Ellysand chuckled to himself wondering if the Tembea would do his dirty work for him and swallow the Queen in the same manner. Not only did she walk on it in with no problem, but when she actually bent down to touch the bark unharmed he gave off a silent groan. Still, he took an uneasy step in. And then another. And yet another still. Letting out a small sigh, he felt a bit at ease knowing that it didn't attack him either. He walked out some more to meet with the Queen and said...

"Let us go then. Your land awaits."

As they walked forward, one of the vines behind Ellysand slowly raised up and stood stiff. Bending itself to look like a periscope, it crept up behind Ellysand and poke him hard in his back. Ellysand spun around and exclaimed...

"What in the world...??"
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:22 am
    The simple vine just tilted it's head-like tip and poked Ellysand hard again, this time in his shoulder as if to agitate him.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:29 am
    He didn't know what to do at first. I mean really, what does one do when a vine has just poked you? It can't talk so reasoning with it was out of the question. Instead, Ellysand tried to ignore it by turning around and saying...

"Let's just keep going, shall we?"

...to the Queen. As they took a few more steps, the vine came back behind him and poked him hard again. Ellysand tried to ignore it again but it just kept poking him harder and harder until he turned around and said in a frustrated tone...

"Look here. That is getting really annoying. Kindly stop it."
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:30 am
    But of course, this did not stop the vine as it continued to poke him in rapid succession.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:32 am
    "Okay that's it!"

He grabbed the one vine with both hands as if he was trying to choke the living mess out of it.
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:35 am
    What became interesting at this point was when the vine opened a slit that looked much like a mouth, smiled and said...

"Thank you. That's all we needed."

You're Welcome.
    Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:38 am
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:43 am
    Instantly, a huge mountain of bark and vines rose up in front of Ellysand and the Queen. Altogether they made a dull moaning sound that had a tinge of sadness to it. A multitude of vines lashed out to grab Ellysand by his arms, waist and legs and pulled him towards this towering mound. It threatened to pull him apart.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by Ellysand (Member #1198 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:48 am
    He was frightened now. VERY much afraid. He never did like being out of control of any situation and this one ranked up there in his top five. As each vine tugged at him in all manner of directions he felt himself painfully stretched. The mound was beginning to swallow him whole and had even covered his eyes. Before the threat could cover his mouth he was able to scream out a very primal cry...

"HHHEEEEELLPPmmmmmmffffffmfmfmfmffff!!!!"
    Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:26 am
    Maul had lost his patience and even mumbled under his breath...

Growl. Growlgrowlgrowl growl growl growlgrolgrowl.

(Look at these fools. Like they've never seen a goddess before.)

He inhaled deeply, lifted his head and blew fire in the air with a mighty roar so he could scare the crowd away. And that it did. The crowd dispersed so fast out of fear that the only people left on the street were Angel, the twins, Kat, Maul and Pedro. Even Pedro looked a bit shaken. Maul looked around, smiled at Angel and said...

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL!

(He saw it. And it was GOOD.)
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:30 am
    Kat had heard Maul's muttered comments. He could relate to what the people were thinking. She felt the same way when she first met Honor's Angel and Millennium. Then he suddenly blew fire into the air, and roared loudly. If she didn't know the dragon, she probably would have run in fear like the rest, as it was, she still was shaken slightly.

She growled to Maul in his language, "Was that really necessary?"
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:48 am
    The Queen looked at the vines in shock. She'd only seen them attack people through Zamael's eyes, never with her own as when she was around the vines were usually quite tame.
    She started forward to help the Emissary, but paused. She as thinking. If he died, wouldn't all their problems be solved? She shook her head. No, there was still Exu and if the Emissary died, then they had no idea who he would work through next.
    She assessed the situation with a furrowed brow, unsure of what she could possibly do to make the vines stop torturing him.
    Finally, in a frantic way she yelled out, "
    Please stop!"
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:55 am
    The mountain of vines stopped just shy of swallowing Ellysand whole, but still covered his eyes and mouth. He struggled a little bit which meant that he was still very much alive. It was silent for a minute, which was broken with another sad moan which came from the depths of the vines. Slowly, vines gathered together to form a throne of some sort for the Queen. Another vine sprouted up next to her and pointed it out to her for her to sit.

You're Welcome.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Honor's Angel (Member #18 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:04 am
    MAUL! Do not do that again! You could have hurt someone!

::Angel said in anger at Maul. She knew he was mad at all the citizens wanting her attention, but being the Empress and all the attention that came with it was something she would have to deal with.::
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:04 am
    The Queen was bewildered, confusion showing on her face. She looked at the vine next to her that was pointing out the strange throne and she asked it,"you mean for me to sit?.... Alright... Only, do not harm my--" she had started to say friend. "companion, please. It would be most inconvenient." She felt at ease again and bent down next the vine, giving it a quick stroke as if it were a cat.
    "only if he ever comes back by himself you have my permission to tear him limb from limb," she whispered with a wink. She smiled, gave the vine another pat and began her walk toward the throne.
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:27 am
    As she sat in her throne made of vines, several vines sprouted just in front of her like a pedestal. At the top of this makeshift pedestal was a glowing object held inside which when it opened like a blooming flower exposed a yellow glowing egg of some sort. The vines presented this egg to her and waited for her to take hold of it.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:30 am
    Back in the house, Zamael was sleeping soundly when all of a sudden there was a large "WHUMP!" and he awoke with a start to find himself lying half in, half out of bed. He blinked.
    Mekaar, satisfied that his master was awake, let go of his shirt. He had drug him off the be.
    Zamael kicked his legs and swung them down onto the floor. Groggily and with an expression of annoyance and the clouded eyes of sleepiness, he stared at Mekaar and croaked,
    "What?..."
    He stood up and tried to get back into bed. He was still tired.
    Mekaar tugged at his shirt again until he turned to face him.
    Zamael tousled his hair with a sigh and looked at the black dog with annoyance.
    "Alright... what.... (yawn) wha' is it......"
    Mekaar whimpered.
    Zamael rubbed his face with his hands and sort of sniffed.
    He stopped, sleep suddenly becoming the furthest thing from his mind.
    "Where is the Queen?" he asked with a kind of concerned/accusing lilt.
    Mekaar hung his head and whined.
    Zamael straightened up.
    "Where did you lose her? Take me th--"
    CLICK!
    The door to the room opened as a quiet little voice said,
    "Mr. Thames? Are you awake?" Venice entered the room, saw the giant dog and blanched.
    Zamael nodded to Mekaar and the dog sank away until only the top of his head and his ears were visible on the floor.
    Zamael strode over to Venice, noticing for the first time that there were flowers all over his room. He looked at Venice.
    "You were with the Queen-- where is she?"
    Venice started to tremble. Zamael still scared her. "She told us to tend to you and she went to Thames with the Emissary."
    It was Zamael's turn to go pale. He frowned. "Stupid woman... Venice, you and Theron stay here, alright?"
    The girl nodded and shut the door, running back to her own room where she would tell her friend about how scary Zamael was and whine for a bit.
    Zamael turned to Mekaar, who was raising himself out of the shadow again.
    "Take me to where you lost her," he ordered.
    The great dog lowered its head in a bow and waited for Zamael to grab hold of some of its fur. They descended into the shadows and Mekaar ran for all he was worth, Zamael doing his best to keep up, being drug part of the way.

Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:37 am
    The Queen looked at the glowing egg with curiosity. She was obviously supposed to pick it up. She bit her lip and leaned forward, unsure about touching it, but not having much choice.
    She took it into her hands.

Posted by Maul (Member #1203) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:46 am
    Kat wrote:
    "Was that really necessary?"

Honor's Angel wrote:
    MAUL! Do not do that again! You could have hurt someone!

He looked at them a bit shocked and ashamed. As best as he could, he poked his bottom lip out and lowered his head before saying...

GROWL. GROWL. GROWL. GROWL. GROWL. GROWL. GROWL. GROWL.

(Sorry Mrs Angel-lady. Sorry Kat. Just wanted them fools to break out, is all. Couldn't think of another way.)
    Posted by AMP (Member #608 ) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:57 am
    manekikun wrote:
    The Queen looked at the glowing egg with curiosity. She was obviously supposed to pick it up. She bit her lip and leaned forward, unsure about touching it, but not having much choice.
    She took it into her hands.

As she touched the egg, all movement around her stopped as if she was in a time warp. Then a warm feeling ran through her, beckoning her to solve the puzzle in front of her.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:02 am
    She turned the egg in her hands, her brow furrowing. She somehow knew she was supposed to do something with it. What, she wasn't sure. She fiddled with it for a bit, twisting parts of it and leaving others alone when finally something happened.
    Posted by AMP (Member #60 on Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:20 am
    A burst of yellow light was emancipated from the egg and washed over the totality of Thames. The light was warm and inviting. It's energy ran through the Queen's fingers and even tickled her fingertips. It bonded with her through and through. A sense of majesty sung to her and a door within her that was always slightly ajar had now sprung open and filled her with it's blessings. She had at long last found completeness. The missing link that had been denied for so long was now complete.

As the sensations subsided, her perceptions had changed. SHE had changed with this new development. The forest became alive to her, almost as if it was an extension of herself.

You're Welcome.
    Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:20 am
    The Queen felt a great surge of energy wash over her. Somehow, she felt as though her connection with the Tembea had deepened considerably as well as her connection with the remainder of Thames.
    She smirked.
    Wouldn't Zamael be jealous. She had to let out a little snicker on his behalf.

Posted by manekikun (Member #1123) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:40 am
    The Queen tucked the egg into her pocket, being very careful of it, babying it almost.
    The vine throne lowered her to the ground and she smiled. She always had like the Tembea forest.
    She stood before the mound of vines that surrounded the Emissary and smirked. She cleared her throat a little and the vines around him fell away as if they were merely water.
    "Are you alright?" she asked feiging concern. "The vines seem to have calmed down... I do so wonder what got into them..."
    Posted by Katrina Arnasis (Member #1157) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:20 am
    "Her relationship to me is.... complicated," Kevin replied. "I was one who trained her, and now she runs. I want to know what has happened, and take her back to complete her training."