Posted by Shuya (Member #277) on Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:39 am
Monday morning.

The beat up, rust-ridden tractor would still run for another week. Maybe two. Either way, it could do with a fresh coat of paint, but there was no point. They may as well just get a new one.

Barrin rested on the old tractor and ran a thoughtful, hand through the greying hair on his head. 'They'd never throw the tractor away', he thought. 'Its been here since forever. Too much like an old friend now to throw it away'.

To say it was Monday morning wasn't quite accurate. It was so early, that it hadn't quite finished being Sunday night yet and in the half-darkness, Barrin could only just see the mist begin to rise from the river that ran through the next field.

He opened the little cardboard box that his wife had packed his breakfast in and smiled.

Cold pizza.

He had smelt her making it last night and guessed.

Sitting back, he began to eat in the dark.

"......um.......hello?"

Barrin turned as he heard the voice behind him.

"Yes?"

He couldn't really see properly, but from the silhouette and the sound of the voice, he was being addressed by a female.

Have a nice day.
Posted by Shuya (Member #277) on Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:02 am
Rayde flicked on a torch and stared in the older man's direction. The first day on a new planet always made her nervous, but what the hell. It was work. And Della was a great place for it.
It was hard to find Foreman work on farm worlds that paid better, or had more perks. Plus, the twin suns and the terraforming practically guaranteed a good harvest.

Yeah. Rayde had really landed on her feet here.

"Hi" she continued. "We're due to start the day in a few minutes. Um........where are all the workers..?"

The old man pointed down to the field.

"They're all down there a'waitin and having their breakfast. It's like this every morning. Soon as the suns come up, work begins and we all start singing."

"Oh....well, i was going to introduce myself before......" Rayde paused. "...I'm sorry, did you say singing?"

"Yup." Rayde could still only just see him, but from his voice, he was smiling.

"We always sing and talk when we work. Everyone gets on with it and we get more done. You the new Foreman, yeah?"

"Uh...yeah. Sorry. My name's Rayde."

Have a nice day.
Posted by Shuya (Member #277) on Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:11 am
Barrin smiled, shook her hand and introduced himself.

"Good to meet you" he said, sighed, and continued to munch on his breakfast.

"Yup." He said through a mouthful, "You wont have to do much out here. Everyone just gets on with it. If you wanna meet the workers, just come to the bar this evening. People will buy you a drink or two, and as long as you don't act stupid, you'll be part of the crew in no time. Wanna slice?" He offered the pizza in her direction.

Have a nice day.
Posted by Shuya (Member #277) on Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:27 am
Rayde smiled at her good fortune.

"Thanks, but i've eaten already."

Barrin shrugged.

"Your loss. I'll have to get you to try my wife's cooking one day."

"You're married?"

"Yeah. Twelve years on Wednesday. And we got this kid," Barrin pulled a photograph from his pocket and showed it to Rayde, "He's great. Perfectly healthy and he's just started talking. The little guys the greatest thing in the universe."

Rayde smiled as she examined the picture by torchlight.

"Wow. He looks wonderful."

"Heh. Yeah. That he does."

The two sat in silence for a while, trying to make out the fields below them.

"So where'd you......" Rayde began, but was cut off as Barrin raised his hand for quiet.

"Look."

In the distance, the suns were slowly climbing over the horizon into the sky. Colors of all kinds glowed, dully at first but with growing intensity as the suns moved constantly upwards.

"Ever see a twin solar sunrise before?"

".....no........"

Rayde was awestruck as she stared.

"........Wow...... what a way to start a day....."

"Haha. Yup. And you know something else?"

"...What...?"

"I've worked here six years, and i'll never get tired of that sight."

Together, both Barrin and Rayde stood by the red tractor, staring upward as the new day came into being.....

Have a nice day.
Posted by Crazy Felix (Member #962) on Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:33 am
The Final Stand floated past the twin suns of Della, its scanners whirring lightly as they worked.

On the bridge, Felix stood and stared.

This will do........

Around him, Felix's Clones began to prepare themselves.

The Final Stand shifted gears and began to descend on Della.......
Posted by Shuya (Member #277) on Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:52 am
Rayde looked to the sky. Amongst the stellar beauty of the twin sunrise, a small black dot had emerged...

"Whats that?"

A worried look crossed Barrin's face.

"There's no delivery due today....."

".....marauders.....?"

Barrin's face hardened.

"Probably. Wait here." He set off across the field at a dead run.

"Wait! Where you going?" She called after him.

"Gotta get guns. Gotta check on the people in the village. Hide my wife and son! Wait there!"

Rayde swallowed as Barrin ran away. Opening her side pocket, she pulled a laser revolver, checked it was loaded, and took cover behind the tractor, ready for whatever might happen....

Have a nice day.
Posted by Crazy Felix (Member #962) on Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:59 am
Felix left the Final Stand and headed out into space as his Clones bore down upon Della.

Passing through the atmosphere, the Final Stand came to a gradual stop.........

Then with a flash, each of Felix's Clones teleported themselves onto the surface.

Posted by Shuya (Member #277) on Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:16 am
Rushing into town with a Shock Rifle, Barrin was met by the other panicked farmers who all shouted and gestured wildly to the sky.

It was then that the Clones struck.

BRA KA BOOOOOOMM!!!!!!!!

Barrin reeled backwards it horror as the town hall exploded.

".......no......."

Picking up the old Shock Rifle, he pushed himself upright and ran onwards to his house....

"Please be alright, please be alright, please be alright...."

Bursting through the door, Barrin saw his wife and his child cowering in the corner, his wife brandishing a kitchen knife

"....Thank the Gods...."

Scooping up his son, he called to his wife.

"Quick, grab the handgun under the stairs! We're getting out!!!"

Nursing his child, he stared at the door nervously as he tried to calm his crying son.

"Shhh my darling. Daddy's here. Daddy loves you. Daddy's here..."

he was suddenly distracted by a flash of green behind him.....

Spinning around with the rifle, he was faced by a tall, bald man that glowed with malevolence.

"What....are you?"

Have a nice day.
Posted by The forces of Felix (Member #1226) on Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:25 am
Maniacal Felix didn't answer.

Instead, he attacked.

With an almighty explosion, the humble house, and several next to it, were torn to pieces with terrible fire.

Reaching down, Maniacal Felix approached the charred corpses of the family, and without a single emotion, he took absorbed their little energies into himself.

Walking out to join the other Clones, he observed as the town, the fields, the people, the structures...

Everything on the planet was destroyed and absorbed.......

I am coming for your soul.
Posted by Crazy Felix (Member #962) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:50 am
Hovering in space, Felix felt the energies absorbed from the planet as they melded with his awesome power.

The more energy we take, the closer to God-hood we come.

Although that is not what we seek. Quite the opposite in fact.

We are fate.

As the Creator of this universe was Alpha,

We are Omega.

We are energy Incarnate.

All of creation is ours by right.....

The twin suns of Della began to grow cold as Felix basked in the incredibly solar energy.

The two beautiful stars began to fade.......

As Felix drew away the last of their energy, the stars died.

Satisfied, Felix and his Clones returned to the Final Stand and departed into the blackness of space.
Posted by Shuya (Member #277) on Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:25 am

The surface of Della began to grow cold as the twin suns faded and died.

Past the ravaged fields and burnt crops, beneath the destroyed remains of the old, red tractor, something stirred.

"...."

"...whu?"

Nursing her right leg, which she suspected was broken Rayde dragged herself out of the wreckage and pulled her coat tightly about her shivering frame.

".....So.....cold......"

Completely disorientated, Rayde limped through the fields, heading for the landing pad at the edge of the village.

She didn't know what had happened. She didn't have time to work it out. She just knew that she had to get out.

The planet was steadily growing colder. She wasn't sure how much further she could go.....

Practically falling onto the bridge of her battered old MiniCruiser, the lovingly named Panic Attack, she closed the door and collapsed into the pilot's seat.

"Lift off....auto-pilot.....destination: nearest inhabited planet...." she croaked.

The ship lifted off slowly and flew away.

Sat inside, Rayde shivered slightly as the cabin began to warm up.

Whatever that was, she had to do something about it.

She had to warn people.

But first, she really had to sleep......

Have a nice day.
Posted by Shuya (Member #277) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:20 am
The Layout: the planet used to be a farming community, and so was mainly a mass of fields with a village at each point of the compass: North Village, South Village, East Village and West Village. Each village was based on or around a small river, and there was an average-sized sea just beyond South Village.

Description: Each village is now a collection of rubble. There are still structures that you can go inside, but they are ruins and are probably a little unstable. The crop fields are destroyed completely.

Also, the planet is without its twin suns, because Felix absorbed both of them. Because of this, the Planet has simply begun to drift through space.

Without the warmth of the suns, the ground is covered with frost and the sea and rivers are all frozen solid.

Have a nice day.
Posted by The_Tamer_of_Crossgen (Member #309) on Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:55 am
The Tamer was becoming more sensitive to the energies of the bright universe. Felix, his crazy son, was a fool if he thought the Tamer couldn't track his own ship.

Until a few moments ago. Felix must have adapted quickly to the Last Stand for there were energy trails all around. He was able to, eventually, determine which one was the real one but it worked in delaying him. Now? There was no trail at all to follow in the ship's photon stream. The Tamer sighed.

This is not looking bright. My son adapting to my ship. If he destroys it priceless data will be lost. And the ship itself...

He threw that doubt away. That ship was practically the most powerful vessel in any universe. He designed it that way. He warped out of warp to get bearings. He saw a planet spinning past as he did so. Intrigued, he went planetside, into the freezing coldness of the surface.

His internal energies kept him warm enough to look. There was structures here but he could sense no life signs. Yet the structures looked recent. He flew closer and saw dead animals and plants due to the cold, withered and dead, frozen to the spot. As his feet touched the planet's surface, he suddenly felt Felix.

Felix was here. Not long ago. Yet why would he attack farming villages? There isn't anything he would....OH NO! [/color

He quickly ran to the bodies and touched them. He went past the cold touch and searched deeper. His fears seemed to be coming true.

[color=white]He's absorbing the very life from them. There is no electric impulses left, the chemical energy from their cells has gone and much more! Is his plan to feed on everyone he sees? Yet, that would take literal ages to do so.

And the planet...although rapidly losing heat on the surface. More evidence this was done recently...the internal heat of the planet, the core is still hot...yes...still hot. Wouldn't that have been more effective?

I need more data to analyse. I'll warp myself to the nearest heat source from this planet...

With that the Tamer was gone...
El CAZADOR-- the book! (Unofficially)
BLACKJACK TOM--El Cazador, KAI--Scion, NEMASES--Solus, EXOR,IRESS, MONCHITO--Negation