Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Clemetria - Chapter II - The Search for the Crux Orb

Clemetria - Chapter II - The Search for the Crux Orb

Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:47 pm
    In every universe there is one constant.
    It is not gravity, not light not even knowledge... It is a small planet by the name of Clemetria.

Many years ago, there was a great Cataclysm which rocked the world of Demetria, throwing pieces of it's world into the sky, and killing it. The planet has started down a path that cannot be reversed, and will result in it's eventual death.

Sadly, Demetria's fate was not alone. It's cataclysmic upheaval caused it's neighboring planet, Clemetria to suffer the same consequences. Though the same fate has fallen upon it, Clemetria is a very different world. It is divided between two great empires. One, the Valcons rule over the darkness with an Iron Fist and destroy all those who fall in their way. The other Empire, is that of Para-Vell. Para-Vell was led by a great and loving king, who desired peace over all else. His empire was made up of countless small continents and countries who denied Valcon it's rule.

Now, that King is dead and Para-Vell must endure the hardships that destiny has set before them. The last thing they need right now is the meddling of half a dozen sigil-bearers searching for a way to stop and invasion...
    But I've brought them anyways.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:20 pm
    Two ships emerged from a Boom Tube ear Clemetria and one of the passengers of the Fang named SG stood up to see this "great planet" they were going to have to adventure.
    What!?!? That's it!?!?
    It's so... Insignificant!!!
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:35 pm
    The Oracle frowned.
    Come now, Son of Gator... I thought by now you would know not to judge a book by it's cover... Or a planet for it's size.Pausing, she spoke gently:
    Let me tell you something about this planet. ... It is crucial to existence.
    Unlike your "Elysia" this planet is a universal constant.
    You are now beginning to understand that there are other universes... Like this Negation. But, let me warn you... There are many more.
    Everyone, different then the others, with an infinite number of possibilities.

The only link tying them all together... Clemetria.
    This planet exists everywhere and every other piece of the universe is simply a shadow of it's wonder.
    To simplify... On this planet there is a Garden that we call Elsya. In the garden, there are two different colonies of insects which constantly battle one another.
    This... This is the essence of your Elysia, the planet of the "Gods."
    Posted by Pyrem (Member #842) on Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:38 pm
    Pyrem jumped out of his seat.
    You dare Blaspheme the Godly hood of the First!?!?!
    The Oracle said nothing.
    Are you meaning to tell me that the entire power and energy of Elysia is stored in some garden on this Altwaal-forsaken rock!?!?!
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:39 pm
    Pyrem of the First... I do not mean to offend. I simply speak of what IS.
    Posted by Pyrem (Member #842) on Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:40 pm
    And what are you!?!?
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:41 pm
    The Oracle paused and looked the God-like being in the eye.
    I am.
    Posted by Pyrem (Member #842) on Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:44 pm
    Pyrem stepped back, having trouble breathing just from shock . "What was she?" he asked himself. The power that he had felt in her answer... She didn't need to specify anymore... She was WAY out of his league, and maybe... was it possible? That she was out of Altwaal's league as well? Pyrem had known Altwaal... They had been close, but he had never felt anything like this from him.
    Sitting back down in his seat he ran the question through his mind over and over again.
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:55 pm
    Looking around at the ship The Oracle shook her head.
    You won't need THESE where we're going.

And, in a wave of her hand, all of the crew of both ships were standing on solid ground of the planet below, their ships still in orbit.
    This is your final chance. If anyone does not wish to along tell me now and I will send you back to your ship.

((OOC: Alright, this is a method of "weeding-out whoever doesn't want to go after the Orb. If anyone doesn't want to come along post or pm me.
    Actually... It might be best if EVERYONE pmed me (The Oracle) to tell me if you're in or not. That way I can have a complete list of everyone who's in (two ships is a lot of people. )))
    Posted by Python (Member #767) on Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:53 pm
    Byfasse

*Byfasse turn in his seat from the the helm and saw that everyone was gone. After exploring the ship, he found that everyone was gone but the Nun. So, he decided to wait for their return...*

Reikai

*Reikai looked from side to side. A moment ago she was just waking up, but now she was fully dress and on what look like a-

Where the hell was she?*

BG5
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:23 pm
    ((Anyone staying aboard the Rising Sun can post in the Rising Sun thread. ))

Kalor nods.

I will be coming with you. If we can find something that will help stop the Negation, I am all for it.
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:00 pm
    The Oracle reminded the twins a lot of their old friend Narthan. It was almost like she was his sister or something. They both seemed to know a lot more than they told anyone.

"I am definitely going on the hunt," Andy said. "You'll need all the muscle you can get." Andy holds his sword and flexes his arm as if demonstrating his point.

Kori rolled her eyes. Her brother could act so immature at times. "I will be going as well. At the very least, to keep my brother from doing anything stupid." Kori glares at her brother.

"Hey! I don't do anything stupid!"

"Shall I start reading off the list?"

"But..."

Kori turned away from Andy as he started to protest. "Besides," she told the Oracle, "I saw when the Negation could do, and I know they need to be stopped."
    Posted by Dagda (Member #359) on Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:55 am
    "You guys really know how to make guilt work for you. Besides me and Smiling Guy, need to talk about how nice he treats Red here."

I've seen some crazy stuff - heck, I AM crazy stuff! But this is beyond crazy.--Jekko upon seeing Dagda using the Sigil

LM
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:38 pm
    SG grabbed Dagda by the collar:
    Why you little worm!!!
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:43 pm
    Calm yourself Son of Gator. The Oracle said. SG took her words and released the Sigil Bearer.
    Turning to Riekai she continued:

Welcome to Clemetria, child. And here...
    Walking a few steps away to the top of the hill they were standing on.
    ... Is Para-Vell.
    Before them stood an enormous city shimmering with a light most civilizations could never even have imagined. Every building on the horizon was built so intricately and beautifully that they put even the most beautiful structure on Elysia to shame.
    Shall we begin?
    Posted by JAS4Yeshua (Member #80) on Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:35 pm
    ((Danaepixie hasn't been on the boards in a while. I think she is tied up with school. For her sake, we can assume her two characters, Danae and Pixie, are staying aboard the Rising Sun.))
    Posted by Dagda (Member #359) on Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:37 pm
    "Nice place. No where near as dismal as my home planet. And listen to cloak guy, buddy. We got a job to do so we'll tolerate each other now and then when this is done, we can have it out."

Dagda thought back on how he got his demon mark. He guess it was an inaccurate name now. Ah well. He inherited it from his brother on a rainy night after a mob had beaten Dagda's brother to death. After that he had wandered and made many strange friends. He knew how hard it was to keep those you care about out of your mind. Charissa, Jekko, Lolli, and the others were always on his thoughts. Well at least this teleporting didn't make him hurl.

I've seen some crazy stuff - heck, I AM crazy stuff! But this is beyond crazy.--Jekko upon seeing Dagda using the Sigil

LM
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:50 am
    Kalor was impressed with the city that they seemed to be in. He looked at the Oracle.

You seem to be the know-it-all here. So, where do we find this Crux Orb? The sooner we find it, the sooner we can stop the Negation, and the sooner I can destroy the one who destroyed my home.
    Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:50 am
    Letting out a long sigh, Aliexster looks about the planet he is on which seemed rather nondescript, trying to ignore the bickering between the other ship's crew. Turning over to give an unappreciative glare at SG while putting his shotgun over his shoulder in a relaxed position. If that is the ship's captain, no wonder they almost ran into his ship. Honestly he could sympathize with the young man getting berated by this uptight royalty type. Taking a couple of steps forward his free hand in a pocket, he started to slowly walk over to the two, "Well I don't know what your problem is, but his concerns seem valid. You treat her as such, you probably will treat the rest of your companions like that, and which it seems like you're definitely doing."

Stopping a foot or two away from both of them, Aliexster turns his head about the place and sighs, "Which is one of the reasons I think maybe I should head back up and hold down the fort so to say. Other than being a cool head, I doubt I could be much use down here, besides I'm rather worried about Silandra. She's been acting rather odd and I know Malak is probably with her, but still..." He turns back to Kalor and the Oracle, "Do you think one of you could beam me back up? If there's anything you need, call on the walkie-talkie."
    SIN: 578651134
    Strive, Adapt, Survive, Overcome, Conquer
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:55 am
    I will take you back to the Rising Sun, Lieutenant.

Kalor puts his hand on Aliexster's shoulders.

Kalor and Aliexster fade from view.

Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:00 am
    ((I'll be right back. ))
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:44 pm
    The Oracle smiled.
    Alright... This way.
    The Oracle led them down the hill overlooking the city and down to the great gates that led to inside.
    There was a lot of "hussle and bussle" on the walls and, within moments the great doors began to open.
    Leading the dozen heroes along they walked down winding streets and through markets with countless faces, every one of them smiling.
    The city itself shimmered with an inexplicable joy.
    Don't fall behind... I wouldn't want any of you to get lost.
    Posted by Pyrem (Member #842) on Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:47 pm
    Pyrem mumbled under his breath:
    Why? I'm sure you'd know where to look for us.
    Pyrem's sarcasm was cut off, however upon seeing a fimiliar face.
    The man was disembarking an airship on the docks they were walking by.

No... It can't be... Arik...
    But, before he could make out for sure he had disappeared from sight.No... It can't be him.
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:48 pm
    As they walked down the street Robin leaned in and whispered to the Oracle.
    You seem more at home here than anywhere else I've seen you... You... You're from here, aren't you?
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:50 pm
    The Oracle turned to Robin, beaming.
    Very observant child. It might be, however better to say that "this place is from me."
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:50 pm
    You? You made all this?
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:51 pm
    Well... WE did. ... The three of us.
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:52 pm
    There are three of you!?!? Robin exclaimed, raising her voice.
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:54 pm
    The Oracle smiled.
    Yes. ... And no.
    I'm sorry child, it's kind of hard to explain. Don't bother yourself thinking about it, there is much to be accomplished.

Turning back to the rest:
    Don't fall behind now! We're nearly there.
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:59 pm
    Kalor faded into view.

Returning from the Rising Sun, Kalor appeared just as the Oracle began leading them through the shimmering city. She was a mysterious one. He wondered what her part in this whole thing was.

Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:54 pm
    Fianlly reaching a large tower attached to the wall surrounding the city, The Oracle turned around to speak to the gathered misfit group of heroes, but was cut off by a man several floors above.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:03 pm
    Oracle!?!?!
    Is that you!?!?
    Hang on!!!
    I'm coming down!!!
    Stepping out of the doors stood a bold-looking man. His armor was obviously different from the other soldiers as it showed perfect detail and markings all over it. Most just assumed that the shimmering battle gear was just well kept and perhaps more expensive than the others. A trained eye however would know that the suit had taken about 7 years to make. Grinning ear to ear he ran out.
    You have brought reinforcements!! Wonderful!!!
    I can't wait to see how that rookie is doing... Wait? Where's Nestl?
    You didn't bring him along!?!?!
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:03 pm
    Nestl's path took him elsewhere.
    The Oracle replied in a "matter of fact" tone.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:09 pm
    What?
    You said that when he was "ready" he would return!
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:38 pm
    Well then, one can assume he is not yet ready.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:40 pm
    Glenn nodded. He knew not to argue with The Oracle. Nestl would join the ranks of those in every universe when he was ready. Until then...
    So, how did she get you all here to help me? I mean I know The Oracle is persuasive, but who would want to come and throw their lives away on an out of the way planet like this?
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:41 pm
    They are not here to help you. They are here for your help.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:43 pm
    Glenn's head snapped away from the others to look at The Oracle in disbelief.
    You don't really expect me to leave Para-Vell now, do you?
    It's First Day! It will be a massacre!!
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:47 pm
    Ignoring Glenn's reply, she continued:
    You remember the Orb I gave you for safe keeping?
    These who stand before you have come seeking it. You will take them to the cave where you hid it.
    Pausing to reassure the Captain of the Guard:
    Do not worry Sir Glenn... Para-Vell has endured First Day in the past and it will do it again, without you. ... Just be sure you have returned for Second Day.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:48 pm
    There was a long pause as Glenn stared at The Oracle and her, back at him. Finally he cleared his throat and said, turning to the others:
    Very well. It looks like I have no choice. The Oracle may only be here to help, but she sure is insistent!
    So, who of you already knows Clemetria? Has anyone been here before?
    His question was met with blank looks and silence.
    By The Leviathan himself!!! Can nothing else go wrong!?!?!
    Taking a deep breath.
    Alright. That's enough of that.
    If you'll follow me?
    Turning around and leading them through the large doors of the tower.
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:38 pm
    As the group of heroes walked up the stairs The Oracle leaned in speaking to Glenn in a whisper:
    The one in red is named Son of Gator. Like the others he has a purpose here. His, however is different. He will have a choice to make at the end of this... Do Not interfere.
    It is his to make and his alone.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:41 pm
    Glenn nodded and as The Oracle vanished, Glenn led them into a large room with a semicircle of benches on different levels.
    Please... Sit.
    As the others sat down, Glenn walked to a "sheath looking" ornament in the center of the room. Nodding to them all he unsheathed his sword and placed it into the cradle.
    Welcome to the Para-Vellian war room.
    Posted by Dagda (Member #359) on Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:52 pm
    Spins the chair around and sits on it backwards.

"Why do I always end up in these kind of places? OK, can we get the abridged version? The main point and without the join my holy crusade. Not to sound cynical but I'm already committed to two causes and I kinda sucking at both."

LM
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:02 pm
    Andy smiled when Dagda talked about getting down to business.

"Yeah," he said. "I just want to know what heads I'm gonna have to bash in order to find this Crux Orb."

Kori glared at her brother. "We are not going to fight if we don't have to, Andy." Andy scoffed at his sister's remark, but still she continued speaking. "The least amount of conflict we have, the better." Kori looks at the others. "So, tell us. What do we need to know."
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:07 pm
    Kalor took a seat in a chair, and folded his arms. He pushed himself back into a slight reclining position.

Tactical information is what we need now. I'd like to avoid bloodshed as much as the rest of you, but sometimes it is unavoidable. We need that orb right away. Every moment we waste here, is one moment less for this universe. Please make this meeting informative, and as brief as possible.

Kalor couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth. He sounded almost like a soldier again. Although he didn't act much like a soldier anymore. He sighed. So much has changed since he arrived. So many revelations. He wondered what revelations were still in store for him, and how those revelations would further change his life.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:28 pm
    I completely agree. Glenn said, nodding to Kaylor.
    Unfortunately, miss, there is not much hope of a "peaceful" adventure right now on Clemetria. ... Here, I'll show you.
    Placing his hand firmly on the handle of his sword, the inscriptions all over it began to glow.
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:29 pm
    ... That's Nestl's sword!!!
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:32 pm
    Glenn smiled.
    Not quite... But they are very similar.
    Then, in a bursting glow, the room lit up showing a holographic 3D map of Clemetria built completely out of raw energy.
    On Clemetria we have come to grips with the sword's potential, which, as you can see are nearly limitless.
    Now... As you can see here... Pointing to an area on the planet, it zoomed in showing Para-Vell.
    We are located in the middle of a war. All at once, battle cruisers and airships appeared slowly moving, in real time.
    The war is something we call "The three day War." It doesn't actually last three days, but the title stands for the intensity of the war at the time.
    Luckily you have arrived on the First Day. Just be glad you won't be here on the Third Day. It's like kissing the Leviathan himself.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:33 pm
    And your sure we'll be out of here by then?
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:45 pm
    Yes. It might take months for Second day to roll around.
    But, nevertheless, let me show you where we're going.
    The Holographic energy shifted, zooming out slightly. Now, one could see invasion ships gathering all over.
    Alright, past the invasion forces, we can see this set of caves here. They are called the "Cayen Caves."
    Before we talk about them, however, I'll explain the situation:
    We have been at war with the Valcuns for a very long time, now. During that time our King, Loueive opened the door to freedom to a great many countries.
    We freed them from tyranny and this made us worst of enemies with the darkness.
    Recently, however, our King fell. The Darkness is taking this chance to destroy us, sending everything they have against us.
    They've decided that to attack the smaller "rescued" satellite countries is a waste of time, and if they take Para-Vell they will have it all.

At present, there are three invasion forces headed here, each one of about 40 ships. To get to the caves we will have to take on one of these groups. This isn't a problem, however... Especially with the group of talent we have here. He looked down at Dagda's sigil.
    The only problem is the Leviathan. If we run into daddy, I'm warning you now: Run.
    There is no fighting that kind of darkness without the King.
    Licking his lips he turned again to Dagda:
    I'm not asking you to join any crusade. I'm just here to get you on your way and save the universe.
    And, hopefully... We won't have any difficulties TOO big.
    ... Shall we go? Any more questions?
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:57 am
    Kalor shrugged.

I don't think the Leviathan will be too much to handle. I say we get going right away, so we can take care of this. The longer this takes, the more chance the Negation has to take control.
    Posted by Nestl (Member #99) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:54 pm
    ((Sorry Kalor... The Oracle is gone. She disappeared earlier a few posts back.
    Plus... Making things EASY isn't her style. ))
    Toady SG01
    Pyrem The Oracle
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:58 pm
    ((Edited. Sorry about the mistake. ))
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:30 pm
    Glenn nodded.
    Very well. Let's do this, then.
    Removing the sword from the stand in one quick motion, the holographic image faded. Sheathing the weapon back at his side he turned towards the wall opposite to the door they entered from. His eyes glowing he spoke:
    Opain.
    The wall contorted, and in a moment was gone into thin air, replaced by by a balcony with an awesome view of the kingdom. Glenn's eyes returned to normal and he headed towards the balcony.
    We're off then!
    Posted by Dagda (Member #359) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:31 pm
    "Run I can do. I'm good that."

Gets up and follows along.

LM
    Posted by Pyrem (Member #842) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:32 pm
    What matter of power is this? I am of Elysia and yet I could not sense any energy within him...
    Could he be simply a pennie-less magician?
    Pyrem asked under is breath.
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:33 pm
    Well, by the way everyone else respects him and treats him around here, I think we can scratch that... Unless he's pulling a "Wizard of Oz."
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:33 pm
    "Wizard of Oz?"
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:34 pm
    It's an analogy from earth. ... A movie?
    Posted by Pyrem (Member #842) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:35 pm
    Pyrem looked at SG and shrugged.
    Humans.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:40 pm
    Leaning against the rail of the balcony Glenn spoke, his hair being blown in the slight warm breeze that the city itself seemed to emit.
    Our ride should be here any time now... There! In the distance, a dot could be seen on the horizon, but within seconds it was already quite easy to make out what it was. It was a beautiful ship. It's sails glimmered with light so beautiful it seemed that the ship itself could be what someone would see every night, assuming it to be the setting sun seen on any planet across the galaxy.
    Turning back to them he said with pride:
    Welcome on board my ship... It's called the "Ias."
    Posted by Pyrem (Member #842) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:40 pm
    It is magnificent! Pyrem said, nearly speechless.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:44 pm
    What does he mean, "welcome aboard?" We're not even on his ship ye...
    All at once a glowing ball of energy surrounded the group, picking them up and flying them to the ship. SG swallowed hard as he saw Glenn's eyes glowing with the same energy surrounding them. SG recognized it too... It was possibly not quite as brilliant... But it was DEFINITELY the same light that shone from the Oracle's eyes.
    As they landed on the deck SG whispered to Robin:
    I don't think he is "Wizard of Oz"ing.
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:44 pm
    I think you're right.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:52 pm
    As the energy faded around them, Glenn stretched and yawned. He seemed so powerful and sure of everything... Yet so casual about the battle itself. Finally, finishing his stretch he called out:
    Will!?
    At once, a young man appeared from farther back in the ship. Running up to his Captain he asked:
    Yes Sir?
    Glenn smiled:
    Will, this is the group of travelers that we'll be helping. Everyone, this is my First mate, Will. Since we have a bit of a journey on our hands, I would ask that you show them some place to stay.
    Yes Sir!
    Glenn smiled again:
    Come now Will... Call me Glenn.
    Will smiled too:
    Yes Sir.
    Glenn shook his head and turned back to the adventurers:
    Welcome to my ship. It carries roughly a thousand men, before being "too packed." We'll be on our way right away. If you wish to find a place to sleep, follow Will. If you just want to stay out here on deck, that's fine as well.
    Posted by Dagda (Member #359) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:54 pm
    "Aw crud. Not again. I hate hate hate HATE teleporting. I swear it does no good for my health. Well at least this is less painful then back home. But how about a little warning next time."

LM
    Posted by Python (Member #767) on Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:42 pm
    Reikai

*Reikai looked around the inside the ship. It was much larger then the Fang. She knew that she wouldn't be able to sleep. Not after seeing how that one Sigil-Bearer died at the hands of that- that monster.

After a few minutes, she turn to Glenn.*

I've had enough sleep. When do we get to the Cayen Caves?
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:33 am
    Kalor looked around and let out a low whistle.

This is a nice piece of work. Makes the Rising Sun pale in comparison.

Looks at Glenn.

So, how long will it takes us to get there? I would like us to get this Crux Orb and move on as quickly as possible.
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:37 am
    Andy looked at the ship in awe. He thought the Dragon's Fang was impressive. This was far superior. Coming from a world where the best method of travel was by horse and carriage, or for the insanely brave, by dragonback, the starships were a unique experience for both Andrian and Koriandra.

"Impressive," was the only word that Andy could say, when they appeared aboard the ship.

"For one, I would agree with my brother," Kori replied, equally awed by the ship. "This is quite impressive."
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:41 pm
    Well... Scratching his head, while answering Raikai and Kaylor's question:
    Well... It's kind of hard to say how long it will take... Our concept of time here is more based on events than actual time. For instance our whole "Three day war thing." I mean, in case you haven't noticed, you've been on this world for what "12 hours." Notice the light isn't any different? It is because the light of this world actually emanated from Para-Vell. There are certain places that never see darkness, while others, like the Vulcur lands, never see light.

All I can tell you is, it will take a while...
    Then, pausing he smiled.
    But... You don't need to worry about it getting boring... I think we'll have a very eventful trip.

All at once from the crows nest the scout called out:

Invasion fleet dead ahead!!!
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:22 pm
    SG grinned at the chance to actually DO something. No more Oracle, no more games. Forming a light-structure sword in his hand, light structure wings sprouted from his back. Cracking his neck to the side he said gleefully:
    At last! A chance to stretch my wings!
    As he was about to take off the deck, he paused. The Oracle's words rang through his head, and he froze.
    "Should the "leader" really act like this? ... No."
    Looking up at the scout he hollered:
    How many?
    About 40 ships sir. Each packed to the seams with infantry!Most of them seem to be Vulcone Klainsts.
    Turning back to Glenn:
    How many does one of those hold?
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:23 pm
    Probably around 400 men, with another 100 packed in each one for the actual invasion.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:33 pm
    SG nodded.
    Alright. Turning back towards the others, he cleared his throat.
    Alright, I realize most of you don't like me, in the short time we've met. The rest of you probably don't trust me either.
    The truth is, though that we're all working towards the same goal and we need to do this TOGETHER.
    Turning to Pyrem first.
    Alright big P, you're the biggest gun we have here.
    Forming a light structure table with a small map with diagrams on it.
    I want you to go up to left. Glenn, Turning to the Captain:
    All right, I don't know you very well, but you seem to have some power too. I want you to hold back at this point here, protecting the ship. Once we rush them, then you will be the second wave... With Robin. Robin nodded.
    You two will go up the right. The rest of you, Turning to the sigil-bearers.
    I realize some of you are more experienced than others, and I don't want anyone throwing their lives away for nothing. You're all going to stick with me. We're going right up the center.
    Hopefully, Pyrem's first attack will push back some of the ships and bring the rest in as reinforcements. This will put all the ships right in this crammed little area. Pointing to the map.
    This will be the perfect place for us to attack, being that they won't be able to use their guns to their utmost abilities.
    Once we wreck them a bit Robin and our dear Captain will come in and cut off their escape.
    What do you think?
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:33 pm
    Glenn grinned.
    You are quite the warrior.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:38 pm
    SG stood up from where he was bent over the table. His wings forming out of energy anew he called out:
    Alright, for those of you can't fly, I'm providing travel services:
    Crimson energy winged horses began to form and neighed excitedly.
    Robin had gotten used to the game and without even waiting, mounted one. Approaching her SG bit his lip then said:

Be careful out there...
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:39 pm
    Robin nodded.
    We both know I can take care of myself. That's why you've got me with Glenn.
    ... Don't worry.
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Sat May 01, 2004 9:26 pm
    Kalor looked at the flying energy horses.

I think I can handle things from here.

Seeing the look of doubt in SG's eyes, Kalor's eyes glow green.

Trust me.

Kalor used his powers on one of the approaching ships. He targeted the engines, and warped the metal, causing the ship to begin falling from the sky.

Kalor looked at SG and smiled, his eyes still glowing with green energy.

Let me know what you want me to hit, and I will take care of it from here.
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Sat May 01, 2004 9:31 pm
    Andy jumped right onto one of the glowing horses, his sword in one hand, the reigns in another. "I'm ready," he replied. "Let's show these guys who's boss!"

Kori mounted another horse next to her brother. "I will be nearby to handle any healing that might be needed. I will hold back from the main assault forces, to stay out of the line of fire as much as possible.
    Posted by Dagda (Member #359) on Mon May 03, 2004 3:42 am
    Climbs on the horse only to have his Sigil flare and absorb the energy creation. Dagda falls to the floor.

"How do you do that? How did I do that? And why only me? Um, maybe I should hang back."

LM
    Posted by Python (Member #767) on Mon May 03, 2004 7:52 am
    Reikai

*Rushes up to Dagda and helps him up. She is caught off guard for after looking into the other Sigil-Bearers eyes. Reikai notice the troubled past and the uncertain future that they both shared, but was able to share this with him. After a brief second, she helped him up.*

Are you ok?

*After helping Dagda up, she turns to SG.*

I think I will hold back too. My powers are transporting me where I need to go and have little combat experience.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 03, 2004 9:22 am
    Returning to the battle, SG nodded to Kaylor.
    Turning to Reikai, he smiled.

Alright, anyone who wants to stay behind, you can do so, but I expect you to help on this ship.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 03, 2004 9:23 am
    Grinning:
    That's right! There's always plenty of cannons to fire.
    We'll make sailors out of you yet.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 03, 2004 9:25 am
    Turning back to Pyrem, SG didn't even have to say a word.
    Pyrem knew his part.
    Posted by Pyrem (Member #842) on Mon May 03, 2004 9:29 am
    Pyrem took off in a bolt of light towards the armada.
    Flying straight for the center, he waited for the last possible second, then cut left.
    The wind that he brought with him smashed into the ships, sending several knocking into each other.
    Coming around he attacked from the left side of the fleet smashing through sails, causing havoc.

Within moments, the fleet began to move just as SG had predicted:
    Those battered and beaten began to retreat, and those still fresh went to take him on.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 03, 2004 9:33 am
    Alright!
    That's our cue! Let's go! Right up the center.
    Taking off of the ship with his wings, SG was closely followed by Kaylor, Andy and Kori, leaving Glenn, Robin, Dagda, Reikai, Will and the ship behind.
    Let's hit 'em hard people!!!

As they approached the fleet, SG formed a huge whale with tiny wings out of light construct and it smashed through the ships violently.
    Turning back to Kaylor he grinned:
    Do I have to do this all on my own? Or are you gonna get to have some fun too?
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Mon May 03, 2004 10:39 am
    Back on the ship, Kalor saw the battle being raged. He hated battle. Even when he was a soldier, he hated battle. But sometimes, like now, it was necessary. With a sigh, Kalor used his power to disable ships. He hoped the men aboard would have ways of escaping the destruction. He didn't want to kill them if he could avoid it. But he would not let them win the battle either.

Kalor continued using his power, warping the metal around the engines of the ships, and turning the attacking ships weapons into plastic.

SG01 wrote:
    Do I have to do this all on my own? Or are you gonna get to have some fun too?

I'm right along with you, Son of Gator. But there is not such thing as a "fun" battle.

Kalor's eyes continued to glow with the green energy.
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Mon May 03, 2004 10:54 am
    Andy rode the winged horse close to the ships and let out a path of red destructive energy, taking out two of the ships with one strike. He smiled, seeing the ships falling, one-by-one.

"This battle is ours!" he shouted, holding his sword high. The moment he said this, a bolt of energy fired from one of the ships struck him, knocking him off the horse, and he began to fall towards the ground.

"Andy!" Kori shouted, knowing through their link that he wasn't conscious. She spurred her flying horse as fast as it would go and dove towards her brother. As she dove, she sent a wave of yellow energy at him, healing his burnt body, waking him up.

"Don't go dying on me, Andy!" she said, as she came closer to him.

"Believe me, Sis. Dying is not on my to do list for today." Andy looked at the ground rapidly coming, and reached out to try to grab onto Kori's outstretched hand. "But I need your help here."

Kori finally managed to grab hold of Andy's hand. There was a brilliant flash of light as their sigils touched, and the energy horse vanished in the light.The glowing orange light where Kori and Andy once were fell the rest of the way to the ground, creating a large crater where they hit.
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Mon May 03, 2004 10:55 am
    ((It looks like the twins died in the fall. Just so you know they aren't dead.))
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 03, 2004 2:52 pm
    SG was just as shocked as the sigil-bearers as they plummeted towards the earth.
    He, however noticed to late.
    Spinning around he muttered:

... Amateurs...
    Then flew down to rescue them. It wasn't in time however and he only caught up with the energy blast at the bottom.
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Mon May 03, 2004 2:54 pm
    As SG came flying back up towards the battle, Robin ran to the edge of of the Ias. Hanging over the railings she saw the tiny crater that the twins had caused from way up in the sky.
    Oh my God!
    Turning to Glenn.
    They're gone!!
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 03, 2004 2:57 pm
    Glenn grimaced.
    ... Change in plans.
    Turning to Will.
    Will, bring the ship around. We're going right into the middle of them.
    But sir...
    Just do it Will!
    Levitating off the deck in the beautiful glow that they had seen him create before, Glenn spoke to the sigil-bearers still on board.
    I'm sorry, I know some of you were planning on staying behind. But I won't have people throwing away their lives on a fool's errand. This ship has a great amount of firepower... And so do I.
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Mon May 03, 2004 3:08 pm
    Kalor watched helplessly as Andy was struck by the energy blast and knocked towards the ground. He watched as Andy's sister chased after him. He could easily of teleported to save him, but there wasn't time enough.

When the two hit the ground creating the crater, he felt a wave of sadness. He could have prevented that, if only he acted sooner. He looked up at the ship that had fired upon Andy. He knew that it was time to end this battle now, before anyone else was killed. His eyes flared green as he used his powers to change the hull of the ship to water, and watched as the ship's crew fell to their deaths. He took no joy in the task, but he knew that they had to stop this battle no matter what the cost.
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Mon May 03, 2004 5:20 pm
    Robin nodded as Glenn floated above the deck.
    Even if it was disobeying SG's orders, they couldn't wait.
    Turning to Reikai she asked:

You say your power is teleportation?
    Can you teleport me high above one of the bigger cruisers?
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 03, 2004 5:23 pm
    Before anyone really knew what was going on, crew members from all over the ship were manning cannons and setting the sails to head towards the fleet.
    As it came into range all of the cannons burst with rippling surges of energy, each one a shockwave of matter that hit the ships, blasting them away.
    Prepare for return fire!!!
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 03, 2004 5:27 pm
    Meanwhile, SG had flown into the hive of ships, forming an energy sword in his hand. Screaming he brought it down across the ships hull, slicing it in two. Spinning around, he halved another one horizontally.
    Finally, he dropped down onto the deck of another ship, his wings folding into nothingness.

The crew of the ship immediately piled on him shouting:
    KEEL HEEM!!!
    DEESSSTROY HEEM!!

Then, blasting free he knocked them off, slashing and stabbing.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 03, 2004 5:29 pm
    As the Vulcar ships began to return fire, the Ias bounced to and from, being hit.
    Glenn, however, never even flinched. Standing there, in the air, he floated out in front of the ship and drew his sword.
    Taking a deep breath, he pointed it at the fleet and allowed an enormous burst of energy to emerge, knocking a dozen ships instantly out of the air.
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Mon May 03, 2004 5:48 pm
    In the crater on the surface of the planet, a shimmering being of light stood to its feet. It was tall, standing six-foot-six, and the light the body shone with changed between yellow, red and orange. It vaguely resembled both Kori and Andy. The figure was masculine yet feminine in appearance. The body glowed with an orange light, the hair radiating between yellow and red.

"What happened?" The being asked, the voice sounding as if both Kori and Andy were asking the question at the same time. The being's color shifted more towards red.

"It looks like we have literally become one," The being responded, as if talking to itself. The being's color shifted from red to yellow.

"I feel powerful."

"Yes, I feel it too. Let's go help stop this fight."

The being shot into the air, flying up to where the battle was going on. A glowing red sword appeared in the being's hands. It shot up into the air at incredible speeds. Holding the sword in front of itself, it pierced through the engine of one of the ships, causing it to explode in air. When the explosion dissipated, the glowing yellow-red-orange form of the Gemanni Twins united floated there, ready for battle.
    Posted by Nestl (Member #99) on Mon May 03, 2004 6:39 pm
    ((Darn, too late!
    Oh well, there's a pm waiting for you JAS. ))
    Posted by Python (Member #767) on Mon May 03, 2004 10:10 pm
    Reikai

*Reikai flinch as she saw Kori and Andy fall from the sky, but before she could do anything they hit the ground. She couldn't watch anymore die, she just couldn't. However, she didn't see them come out from the crater...*

NO MORE!

*Within the space of a second, she teleported to every person on every enemy Vulcar ship's cannons and started picking them one at a time from their ships, and placing them on the ground. Reikai didn't get everyone on the Vulcar ships, but it stop their fire for the moment. She wanted to make them pay for hurting her friends. When Reikai return to the Ias, she passed out...*
    Posted by Dagda (Member #359) on Tue May 04, 2004 4:42 am
    "Blast it. Some of these guys may be like Dan the Bear but some make me look cautious. And of course now my freaking demon's mark decides to be a problem again. Why can't it ever be stable?"

"Because you didn't get the time to grow used to it.

"Key!"

"Yeah kid, don't worry. This will only take a second. You got potential. In fact I argued you should have gotten the mark instead of your brother. You got the idea that it takes wants and personality and pulls it to the next level but you got no focus. So instead of settling on one thing, you became what you thought your world needed most. The counter agent against the monsters ruling it. You set yourself up to where you needed ten times the experience of anyone else to get control because you want to even the odds. Think on that. You'll know when you need to use it."

"Enough games, old man. Gone again. By the thousand forms of Gar, I swear I hate this. "

(I was going to use Orange for Key but I didn't want it to get confused with Glen or Oracle)

LM
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Nestl (Member #99) on Tue May 04, 2004 9:39 am
    ((Good thinking LM. ))
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Tue May 04, 2004 7:06 pm
    As ships around him blew out of the sky, SG spun around to see "the reserves" on full attack. Raikai teleported here and there, ripping men from their posts and the Ias' cannons fired repeatedly. Glenn himself was using his awesome powers and the dark fleet was beginning to scatter.
    What the hell?
    Glenn you idiot!!
    Flying up, off the deck of the ship he was on he flew towards Glenn cursing.
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Wed May 05, 2004 10:15 am
    Kalor was still aboard the Ias fighting off the enemy ships with his powers, when SG suddenly came aboard and confronted Glenn. This was not a time for internal divisions, this was a time to stand united.

Son of Gator! This isn't the time for petty arguments! We have a battle to win!

Kalor turned his attention back to attacking the enemy, and hoped that Son of Gator would have sense enough to attack the enemy, and not an ally.
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Wed May 05, 2004 10:25 am
    The Gemanni Twins floated in the air for a moment, trying to orient themselves to their new condition.

"This is an unusual feeling," said the Gemanni Twins, as it shifted more yellow.

"I know," it answered, shifting to the red. "This is power unlike anything I've felt before."

"But, we have to control this power. Not let it control us."

"Worry about tht later, we have enemies coming at us."

The Twins raised their sword to block a laser blast directed at them. The form continued to glow red.

"You attack us with light? Try this light on for size!"

The Twins outstretched their hand and a beam of red energy came out from the Twin's hand and turned the ship and crew into dust.

"Yes! Feel the power of the Twins!"

"We need focus, not wrath."

"Whatever works. Let's just get these guys, and show them that no one messes with the Gemanni Twins."

The form, still glowing more red, flew towards the next ship and used their sword to slice the ship in half.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Wed May 05, 2004 1:40 pm
    Onboard the commanding ship, deep inside it's hull, it's commander and his officer stood in their war room.
    The war room was dark, adorned with skulls and bones.
    In it's center stood a large hand, gripping and orb in which they could see the battle.

Statusss? The commander asked.
    It sseemss we have losst mossst of the fleet. Only 16 shipss remain. 3 of which are unmanned and 5 of which are dead in the air without enginess or sailsss. He replied.
    And have these opponnentsss been identified?

No, but we have been able to confirm the power of the lassst large blassst... Para-Vellian light.
    What!?!?!? The commander screeched spinning around.
    The Sword Bearer of Clemetria isss here!?!?! ... We cannot fight those odds! Esspecially with hiss alliesss!! ... I want a retreat! Now!! Have those on the dead shipssss converge on the onesss unmanned and form a wall of artillary! They will cover the retreat of the Klaus, the Ibon and our ship!!
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Wed May 05, 2004 1:41 pm
    What the hell are you doing, defying my authority!!?!?!
    SG spat.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Wed May 05, 2004 1:43 pm
    Meanwhile, on the "dead" ships, the crew members began to sprout bat wings from their backs and fly over to the ones still operational.

Your "authority" was getting people killed!
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Wed May 05, 2004 1:45 pm
    You son of a ...
    Before SG could finish screaming at Glenn, the enemy ships began to fire once more. Knowing it was to cover their commanders escape they were firing all of their ammo at once, making sure nothing survived.

SG was cut off by one of the cannon shots blasting him in the back, sending him smashing into the deck of the ship.
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Thu May 06, 2004 4:26 pm
    Robin shook her head. SG's heart was in the right place, but he knew Glenn and SG would not be able to settle this quickly. Turning to the weakened Reikai she knelt down and said softly:
    I know you're tired, but I need to use this. Just lay still.
    Touching the young girl's sigil she willed her sigil to use it.

In a split second, she had vanished, reappearing high above one of the larger enemy ships. Closing her eyes, she began to plummet, and, as she raced planetwards, her body began to change.

By the time she hit the ship she had willed her body to reform itself into an invincible metal, breaking clear through it's hull and coming out the bottom.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri May 07, 2004 1:42 pm
    Deep within the Commander's ship, his first mate spun around screeching:
    SSSir!! The Klauss hass been hit!! It isss going down!!!
    The commander growled:
    We don't have time for thisss!! Forget them! We must essscape to warn the Leviathan!! Continue battering them!!

As the ship that Robin ripped through began to plummet, the two other large ships opened their demonic sails, and, within seconds had vanished from view, moving at great speeds.
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Fri May 07, 2004 1:46 pm
    As the air rushed upwards against her body, Robin only felt the debris of the destroyed ship like a short "snap."
    Taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes and looked around.

Oh no. She thought to herself as she raced towards the ground below.
    Maybe I didn't think this whole thing through.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Fri May 07, 2004 1:47 pm
    SG spit out blood as he opened his eyes, lifting himself out of the debris.
    That spineless... He muttered under his breath turning around to glare at Glenn. Instead, though, he noticed someone was missing.
    Robin!!
    Spinning around he looked out across the sky to where she had ripped through the hull of the ship.
    Sure enough, there she was, plummeting.
    Limping as fast as he could, SG blasted off of the ship, forming a "light structure jet pack" on his back.

Flying towards her as fast as he could he was barely able to grab her hand before she hit the ground.
    Blasting back to the Ias, he landed, dropping the sigil-bearer and collapsing.
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Fri May 07, 2004 9:06 pm
    Kalor watched as the ships disappeared. It looked like the battle with the enemy was over, but it looked like the battle among allies was about to begin. Kalor walked over to SG and Glenn, ready to interrupt should SG decide to "overreact" again.
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Fri May 07, 2004 11:10 pm
    "Run away cowards!" The red aspect of the twins shouted as the ships disappeared.

"They made the wise choice. Their lives were spared. It is unfortunate so many more had to die."

"Maybe they'll think before attacking us next time."

The orange form of the twins began to fly back to the ship.

"I hope so."

The twins landed back on the Ias. Standing at 6'6" in height, the glowing orange form of the merged twins towered over just about everyone. They noticed the tension that seemed to be growing between SG and Glenn.

"What is going on?" The yellow aspect of the twins asked.

((The voice sounds like both twins speaking at the same time.))
    Posted by Dagda (Member #359) on Mon May 10, 2004 3:26 am
    "What else? Our fearless leader proving how delightfully charming he is. And no offense I liked you the other way with two and you know less freaky sounding."

Dagda sat back.

"And if anyone is injured, I could heal you. Seems to be the only power thats consistent."

LM
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Mon May 10, 2004 8:52 am
    The twins looked at Dagda and wondered if they could undo their joining. They didn't see why not. With just a thought, the orange form of the Gemanni Twins grew brighter for a moment, then the twins were standing there, holding hands again.

"Whatta rush!" Andy exclaimed with a smile.

Kori ignored her brother and looked at Dagda again.

"This better?" Kori asked, then turned her attention to Son of Gator and Glenn to see for herself what was going on.
    Posted by Python (Member #767) on Mon May 10, 2004 8:58 am
    Reikai

*Reikai started to stir. She open her eyes just as twins split back into two beings. Reikai reach up and touch her sigil, then spoke to the twins.*

How long have I been out?
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:04 pm
    As silence finally came and the cannon fire stopped, Glenn took a big sigh of relief. As his eyes returned to their native blue color he said:
    Well... At least that's over...
    That is when he noticed SG hunched over, in pain and the giant burn covering his back from the cannons fire's hit.
    Kneeling down next to him he said:

Here, let me help you with that...
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:04 pm
    Don't touch me!!!!!
    I'll fix it myself!!!!
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:06 pm
    Ignoring SG's refusal for help Glenn pushed in.
    You can't... It's a Vulcarian blast. Not even the power of the First can heal it.
    You need Para-Vellian light. Glenn's hand began to glow as he touched the wound.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:07 pm
    Where do you get off!?!?!?! Pushing the Captain's hand away.
    You've already made a fool of me, and a jerk, just BACK OFF!!!
    Posted by Pyrem (Member #842) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:12 pm
    Pyrem, returning to the ship silently looked at the new glowing being, and watched as it duplicated into the twins.
    Shrugging he simply said to anyone who was listenning:

I've seen stranger.
    As a matter of fact, this one time, on my talkshow... I had Trennin as my Guest star! What a hoot that guy is!!
    I think he owns a burger place nowadays... Anyways, we were...
    Then, Pyrem stopped himself dead as Glenn referred to the First.
    ... How does this mortal know of the First?

But... Before he could get his answer he received the intergalactic call from help sent by Nestl and JAS.
    ... Turning to the weakened Robin, he whispered:
    Robin... My people need me.
    I'm sorry. ... You have enough fire power here to claim this weapon. I will return when I am able.
    I am sorry.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:15 pm
    Not even noticing Pyrem vanish and return to Elysia, Glenn hollered back:
    I'M the bad guy!?!?!
    How is that!!!
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:16 pm
    The Oracle specifically told you to follow my orders!!!
    As if that weren't enough, you actually AGREED to my plan!!
    Then... Out of nowhere, you ruin everything!?!?!?
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:17 pm
    Completely ignoring the twins reappearance.
    Your careless actions were getting people killed!!!
    ...to the topTop

Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:20 pm
    Oh, and your's weren't?!?!? Turning around for a moment to point at the deadly burn on his back.
    And plus, I'm going to return to the part where you AGREED to the plan!!!
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:45 pm
    How was I to know you were bringing amateurs into the battle?!?!
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:46 pm
    Well, isn't this predictable...
    I should have known you wouldn't accept responsibility for your actions.
    ... Well accept this...
    A good half a dozen of them got away!!!
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:47 pm
    Got away!?!?
    Where to? They're badly damaged!!! It will be months before we see them again!
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:49 pm
    Growling:
    You know what the difference is between us Glenn?
    I'm a warrior... You're a hero.
    I know the risks... I'm willing to lose.
    Not you though... You're not willing to lose anything, but you don't understand, either!!!
    Sooner or later, you're going to a have a rude awakening...
    Then you'll know what I mean!
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:49 pm
    Will I?
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:50 pm
    Yeah!
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:51 pm
    Stomping away, Glenn slammed the captain's quarter's door as he yelled:
    Fine!!
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 10, 2004 2:53 pm
    Yelling at the closed door:
    Fine!!
    Then, taking a deep breath, there was an awkward silence across the ship. Looking around at all those staring at him, he slumped down next to Kaylor:
    Well... I'd say I lost just about everyone's respect... What do you think?
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Tue May 11, 2004 12:33 pm
    Kalor looked at Son of Gator and shook his head. When would these beings learn to cool off. First it was Jas and Meteoro at odds, now we was stuck between Son of Gator and Glenn.

You're not scoring many brownie points with your attitude, that's for sure. The Oracle asked Glenn to lead us to the Orb, and I, for one, would like to find it and put an end to this invasion. That means we must work together as a team.

Glenn has power, and a lot of it. I've seen it. You need to trust him to make judgement calls, and not think you've lost face just because he goes against what you think is best. No one has put you in charge here.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Tue May 11, 2004 2:37 pm
    Kaylor took a deep breath and nodded.
    You're right... I guess I just feel like I have a lot to prove.
    Pausing for a moment.
    Hey, I nearly forgot! ... Thanks.
    It might sound kind of dumb, but I really respect you for standing up to me like you did on board the Dragon's Fang.
    Sometimes my temper gets me carried up away with it, and I don't think.
    It's one of those traits I got from my father that I wish I didn't, y'know?
    Posted by Dagda (Member #359) on Tue May 11, 2004 2:55 pm
    "Yeah. Much better. Keeps my head from getting more confused."

Follows after Glenn.

"Hey, Captain guy. Look I don't give a flying Kori about whatever ego pissing contest is going on here. Though I gotta admit it makes me look mature and thats sad. So if you got the knowledge like Key, use it. Get us where we need to go. I've got to people waiting for me so I aim to get back to them soon."

LM
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Tue May 11, 2004 2:58 pm
    You don't have to prove anything to anyone. You just have to do your job. The minute you think you have something to prove is the same minute you fail to prove anything.

And about that incident on the Dragon's Fang. Hitting a fellow crew member, let alone a woman, is never acceptable. See that it doesn't happen again.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Wed May 12, 2004 2:01 pm
    With Dagda in his Captain's Quarters, with him Glenn, took a deep breath and said:
    You're right. ... I just... I don't know what to do with him.
    Will stepped out of the corner saying:
    The Oracle said that HE must lead this group. You must allow him to make his own choices.
    I know. Taking another deep breath.
    Status report?
    Not so good. We weren't badly damaged in the battle. Crew is all accounted for, but the ship has suffered many hits that cannot be repaired without a port.
    Glenn nodded and walked over to his strategy wall, which glowed with energy. Reforming to the area he wanted to look at he said:
    Very well. We'll stop in Careforth. It's on the way.
    Will nodded and left the room. Turning back to Dagda, the Captain spoke:
    We cannot make it to the caves in the condition we are in now. We're going to have to make a stop.
    It won't be long though, we are nearly at our destination.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Wed May 12, 2004 2:05 pm
    SG nodded.
    I always expected things to be easier, y'know?
    I mean, my father once tried to lead a mutiny in a great House, but, in the end caused more hatred to befall him then before.
    I thought he was stupid, that, in his shoes I could do a much better job. ... Obviously not.
    Look around. Given the choice I'm sure none of these people would be in this with me if they had the choice.
    Pausing.
    What about you? You have a ship. They seem to respect you.
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Wed May 12, 2004 2:44 pm
    Kalor shrugged his shoulders.

It just comes naturally, I guess. I was a military officer on my homeworld. After arriving in Elysia, I gave up the military lifestyle for a life of adventure. I met up with the others along the way, and we sort of work together. We're all friends on the Rising Sun, and we respect each other.
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Wed May 12, 2004 2:52 pm
    Reikai wrote:
    *Reikai started to stir. She open her eyes just as twins split back into two beings. Reikai reach up and touch her sigil, then spoke to the twins.*

How long have I been out?

Kori looked at Reikai as she spoke.

"I don't know, we only just returned to the ship. Do you need healing? I could help you with that."

Andy ignored Reikai and just stared at Glenn and Son of Gator.

"And you thought I had a bad temper," he said to Kori. "Those guys will probably kill each other before we get that orb."

Kori looked back at Andy.

"Just what we need, two more hot-heads. You're enough to handle, Andy."

Andy turned and glared at his sister.

"Whatever." Andy walked away from his sister and Reikai and walked over to the still weakened Robin.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked her.
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Thu May 13, 2004 10:37 am
    Robin nodded.
    I'll be fine. I've been through worse. Pausing.
    MUCH worse.
    And you? I thought you... umm... Died.
    What happened to you?
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Thu May 13, 2004 10:42 am
    SG leaned back, staring up at the sky. The "light" which would normally be the sun was slowly setting.
    Sounds nice. ... Adventuring, I mean.
    No responsibility. Turning to Kalyor as he laid back.
    All I've ever known is war. ... I some times wish... Taking a deep breath:
    Ahhh, never mind.
    Kaylor... I'm sorry. My father. ... He's the one who is responsible for all this destruction.
    I know I shouldn't apologize for him, but when he drags innocent people into war, as he always has, I really feel guilty for him.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Thu May 13, 2004 10:44 am
    Will stepped out on deck.
    Alright... Just so everyone knows, we're going to be stopping in a small port nearby named Careforth. Just to pick up a few supplies. We won't be there long, but, if you need to stretch your legs, that'll be the time.
    Just make sure you make it back on the ship before we leave.
    We should be there soon.
    Posted by Python (Member #767) on Thu May 13, 2004 12:11 pm
    Reikai

Yes, I'm ok. Thank you for asking Kori and Andy. I'm just over did it and I think I'm fine. I think I now know what I have to do now. When we find this Orb, I don't care what happens, but I will be the one to use it.
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 1:23 pm
    Kalor sighed.

I know what it is like living in someone's shadow. I am the decedent of the original Kalor Sakyr, the Hero of Karn. On my homeworld, people thought I would somehow live up to his reputation, or use that reputation against them.

I spent my whole life trying to get out from beneath that shadow, and now my homeworld is destroyed. The Negation and the one leading this Negation Invasion has seen to that. While I couldn't save Karn, I am hoping that, even in some small way, I might be able to stop that from happening again here.

We never fully escape responsibility, Son of Gator. But, we are only responsible for our own actions, not the actions of others.
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Thu May 13, 2004 1:35 pm
    Kori smiled at Reikai. "I'm glad you are alright. We'll get that orb soon. If you think you are the one that needs to use it, we can make sure you do."

A little ways away, Andy was talking to Robin. Andy scratched the back of his head when Robin said he should be dead. "Yeah, well, I don't know what happened exactly. Kori and I happened to touch our sigils together and then 'BAM' we were one. I don't know how to explain it, other than weird. We were literally like one person, with two minds. And the power running through our body?" Andy whistled in awe. "Intense. That's all I can say."
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Thu May 13, 2004 1:48 pm
    Sitting up, SG said to Kaylor:
    It is my family who has caused you all this pain Kaylor...
    I will fix things, I will stop this monster that is my father, I promise.
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Thu May 13, 2004 1:50 pm
    We'll stop him together. This isn't a one-man show. The sooner you realize that, the better leader you will become.

...to the topTop

Posted by Dagda (Member #359) on Thu May 13, 2004 3:47 pm
    "Just have a little faith man. Now, where's you galley? I'm staving."

LM
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri May 14, 2004 1:55 pm
    Will cut in before Glenn could answer Dagda.
    No need... We're coming up on Careforth now.
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Fri May 14, 2004 1:57 pm
    Coming over the mound of a floating island, Careforth came into sight.
    It was enormous.
    Thousands upon thousands of acres of stores, shops and markets sat before them on a large floating island.

They call this small?
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Sat May 15, 2004 9:10 am
    Kori and Andy looked over at the enormous city that was coming into view. Neither of them had seen anything like it before. It was far larger than anything that they had ever seen on Kobalty.

"Impressive," Andy said in awe.

"And they call this place small?" Kori said, as she walked up beside Andy and Robin. "If this is small, I wonder what a large city is like?"

"I don't know, but it would be fun to see." Andy smiled and looked at his sister. Kori simply sighed.
    They can combine their sigils to become a new being of pure energy.
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Sat May 15, 2004 9:34 am
    Kalor let out a slow whistle. This is why he took up the life of an adventurer. To see new sights like this. For a small city, it was definitely no where near small. The immense city was bustling with activity. Kalor walked over to Glenn.

You guys don't do anything small here, do you?
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Python (Member #767) on Sun May 16, 2004 1:08 pm
    Gemanni Twins wrote:
    "And they call this place small?" Kori said, as she walked up beside Andy and Robin. "If this is small, I wonder what a large city is like?"

Reikai

That is a good question Kori. This is what my people would have called a large city.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 17, 2004 12:21 pm
    Glenn grinned at Kaylor's remark.
    We try not.
    Then, speaking to everyone he said:
    Alright, we're going to need some things here. Everyone is free to wander a bit and stretch your legs, but know that we won't be here long, so don't go too far.
    Then turning to Will and taking a deep breath:
    I really need some air. I'll be back soon.
    Try and keep things together while I'm gone okay?
    And, as the gangplank fell, Glenn stepped out onto the dock and wandered into the crowds of people.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 17, 2004 12:25 pm
    SG ran the words over and over in his head that Kaylor had said and finally and finally disagreed. Under his breath he said to himself:
    BiGator's tyranny has hurt too many already. I won't throw your life away to stop him Kaylor... I have to do this on my own.
    But Kaylor wasn't listenning. He was taken back by the new port they had arrived in.
    As Glenn spoke, SG finally became aware of how hungry he had become on the trip. Turing to Robin he asked:

I'm not exactly sure what they use for currency here, but do you want to grab something to eat?
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Mon May 17, 2004 12:26 pm
    Robin nodded and smiled:
    I was hoping someone would ask.
    And, following Glenn, the two of them walked down the gangplank and disappeared in the crowd.
    Posted by Arik'hu (Member #1244) on Mon May 17, 2004 12:28 pm
    As Glenn walked through eh crowd he took brief seconds glancing at wares and smiling to those selling them, overall being polite.
    But, even as he did, a pair of beety eyes were following him from the shadows...
    A pair of eyes that recognized him very well...
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 17, 2004 7:45 pm
    As Glenn looked at clothes and kindly nodded to passer bys, he felt a presence, he had not felt in a very long time...
    And, in a split second, he felt the attack. Spinning around and drawing his great sword, Glenn deflected the attack just in time.
    Battling the cloaked man, Glenn defended right and left, never able to get a strike in. His opponent fought flawlessly.

Desperately fighting back, Glenn jumped up onto the wall, then off of it, over his opponent.
    The motion knocked his opponent's hood back, showing his face.
    Glenn froze.
    Arik'hu!?!?!?!
    Then, still, neither of them moving, he finally put his sword back in the sheath and gave his a attacker a strong hug.
    How long has it been!?!?! What have you been doing all this time!?!?!
    Posted by Arik'hu (Member #1244) on Mon May 17, 2004 7:47 pm
    A smile broke across his face as he sheathed his sword as well.
    It has been a long time, hasn't it?
    I've been... uh... Locked up.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 17, 2004 7:48 pm
    In prison!?!?!
    Oh Arik'hu, you crack me up!!!
    So, what brings you here?
    Posted by Arik'hu (Member #1244) on Mon May 17, 2004 7:50 pm
    Arik'hu's smile disappearing:
    To be quite honest, looking for you.
    It might just be a rumor... But I heard you've got offworlders with you. Is that true?
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 17, 2004 7:50 pm
    Yep, a whole ship full of 'em!
    I'm their guide. We're taking them to find an orb the Oracle had me hide.
    Posted by Arik'hu (Member #1244) on Mon May 17, 2004 7:52 pm
    The Oracle... Arik'hu repeated, her very name sending shivers up and down his spine.

Well... I actually needed to get "off-world" myself.
    I'm not sure if I'm welcome to go with them, but would you mind if I helped find this "orb" and we can see?
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 17, 2004 8:05 pm
    Glenn shrugged.
    Sure, why not? I've seen you in a fight... You can hold your own.
    Come on, I'll take you on board and introduce you to everyone.
    As he led Arik'hu back towards the ship, the realization of what he'd done hit him:
    Oh! no!! He said to himself:
    All I needed was ANOTHER hot head on board my ship.
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Mon May 17, 2004 9:12 pm
    Kalor had walked off the ship with everyone else. He was hungry and decided to follow his nose to the closest restaurant. Before walking into the restaurant, Kalor picked up a rock from the ground and changed it into a small gem.

This should be enough to buy me a good meal.

Kalor entered the restaurant.

Host: Greetings, Sir. Do you have a reservation?

Nope, but I was hoping I might be squeezed in anyways. Oh, and I'd like to have the best meal and the best drink you have.

Kalor placed the gemstone in front of the host.

Host: (Picking up the gem with suspicion.) This can't be real. Do you take me for a fool?

Believe me, it couldn't be more real. If you don't believe me, hand it back, and I'll take my business to another establishment.

Host: (Quickly pocketing the gem and smiling broadly.) No, Sir, that is quite alright. Please come this way. I will make sure that you have the best meal you've ever tasted.

Thank you.

Kalor smiled as he was led into the restaurant. Sometimes his powers could really come in handy.
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by JAS4Yeshua (Member #80) on Mon May 17, 2004 9:16 pm
    ((I'm not going to post for the Twins. Just assume the left the ship to go exploring, and will be back in time to leave. ))
    Posted by Dragon's Fang (Member #1276) on Tue May 18, 2004 8:20 am
    Reikai

*Reikai had follow Kalor to have a brief talk with him, after they left the ship. But was scared to, until he sat down to eat. Reikai push past the host and walk up to Kalor.*

Kalor, I need to talk with you. It is about the Orb we seek.

*She held a sad face as she talk to him.*

BG5
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Tue May 18, 2004 8:33 am
    Kalor looked up at Reikai and noticed her sad expression.

Have a seat. I've given the host enough that I can afford to get us two meals. You can tell me about the orb while we eat.

Kalor smiled.
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Dragon's Fang (Member #1276) on Tue May 18, 2004 9:03 am
    Reikai
    \

*Reikai sat down, but only manage a weak smile.*

Thank you. I'll have whatever your having.

*She look down, as if to find the right words...*

After I passed out and woke up, I realize something. When I was teleporting and dropping those men to their deaths, that I felt like I was in 13 places at once. For a brief second, I didn't know what it ment, but then I remember what Python once told me...

You see, Python told me there are 13 Orbs. If I could be 13 places at once then I will be able to go and collect the rest of the Orbs, once I use the Crux Orb and bring them together. I must be the one to use the Crux Orb.

I told the Twins this, however, I fail to tell them that this might kill me...

BG5
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Tue May 18, 2004 9:35 am
    Kalor sighed and leaned back in his chair. He saw it before when he was a raw Lieutenant in the Battle of Szaroth. He hated war, but sometimes, there was no escape from war's brutal realities.

Are you certain that there is no other way?
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Dragon's Fang (Member #1276) on Tue May 18, 2004 9:47 am
    Reikai

I don't know...

However, I must try. I- I saw what those monsters can do...

*The image of Eddie's death replay in her mind.*

I can't let them kill anyone else, not when I could stop them.

BG5
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Tue May 18, 2004 9:56 am
    Kalor looked at the young girl. Why did they always seem so young, and yet so willing to die. At one time, he was no different. Even now, he would be willing to sacrifice himself to save this universe from threat of the Negation. Although, in his heart, he hoped it would never lead to that.

On my homeworld, before it was destroyed by the Negation, I was an officer in the army. My first command was at the Battle of Szaroth, the last major campaign in the Great Wars. I had seen many young men and women give their lives valiantly for freedom. I even had to sit back and watch as I sent them to what seemed like certain death.

There is a price that we must all pay when we fight in war. We must count the cost, and realize how important our freedom is. If this orb is truly the only way we can easily end this Negation threat, then we need to recover it. But, if you are the only one who can use it, only you can make that decision. Don't throw your life away in vain, Reikai. Make it mean something.

Part of him hoped that she would turn down the quest, so she wouldn't have to die. He knew they could find another way. But the reality of it was this was the best way to save the most lives. He hated the situation, and his heart ached knowing the decision that Reikai now faced.
    Jas's Faces

...to the topTop

Posted by Dragon's Fang (Member #1276) on Tue May 18, 2004 10:08 am
    Reikai

*Tears just pour down her face. Reikai picked up the cloth napkin and wipe her face. Looking back up, she started to laugh at the whole thing. With a fake smile, Reikai look up at Kalor.*

Thank you for listening and yes, I will not throw myself away for nothing. Again, I only think it might kill me. However, now that I got this off my chest, I'm starting to get real hungry...

BG5
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Tue May 18, 2004 10:15 am
    Kalor smiled.

Well let's hope that you are wrong, and that you live a nice long life.

At that moment, the waiter brought over two steaming plates of what appeared to be some kind of regional sea food delicacy. The aroma was tantalizing. It was even served with wine.

Now this is what I call a meal. It smells wonderful.

Kalor picked up his wine glass to toast Reikai.

To the successful ending to this senseless war.
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Dragon's Fang (Member #1276) on Tue May 18, 2004 10:50 am
    Reikai

*Reikai toasted Kalor's senseless war and then down the whole glass. If this was going to be her last meal, she wanted to get drunk and didn't really care what happens afterward...*

((OOC: I'll leave the rest up to you Kalor! I got to go to work. Have fun! ))

BG5
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Tue May 18, 2004 11:12 am
    Kalor felt bad for Reikai. He could easily recognize the fact that she was trying to drown her pain with he wine. Fortunately, his powers would be able to heal her body from the effects of the wine later. For now, he would let her enjoy her food, and let her get as drunk as she felt was necessary.

When they had finished their meal, Kalor helped Reikai to her feet, and slowly led her back to the ship. She had so much to drink, that she couldn't even walk straight. Kalor was tempted to use his powers to purge the alcohol from her blood stream, but knew that she needed the alcohol in her system for now. Besides, she didn't need the hangover immediately after drinking.

Back on the ship, Kalor led her to her room, and laid her down on the bed. If anything came up where she would be needed, he would be certain to get to her room and purge the alcohol at that time. For now, he would let her sleep it off.

Jas's Faces
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Thu May 20, 2004 2:49 pm
    Stepping back on board the ship, Gelnn led Arik'hu over to Will.
    Will, I think you'll remember this scallywag.

Arik'hu!?!?!?!?!
    Is that you? I have to admit... I'm surprised you're still alive.

Arik'hu half grinned. And Glenn knew it was only going to get MORE uncomfortable if they kept that conversation going.
    Approaching Kaylor, Glenn introduced them:

Kaylor, this is an old "friend." His name is Arik'hu.
    It's been a long time, but he wanted to come along and I said it was alright.
    You may have to babysit him though... He's not too good with a sword.
    Posted by Arik'hu (Member #1244) on Thu May 20, 2004 2:50 pm
    Arik'hu bit his lip and faked a smile at Glenn's joke.
    Fake laughing he said:

We both know I could slit your throat right now before you had a chance to move.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Thu May 20, 2004 2:52 pm
    Under his breath Glenn muttered to Kaylor:
    Be careful of him though, he's another hot head.
    Just then, the twins returned, boarding the ship.
    Ahhh!! Here are the others!!
    Arik'hu, meet Andy and Kori.
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #35 on Fri May 21, 2004 8:25 am
    Kalor had just returned to the deck of the ship when Glenn came up and introduced Arik'hu. There was something about Arik'hu that he did not trust. He couldn't put his finger on it, it was just a gut feeling.

"Just what we need," he thought to himself after Glenn said he was a hothead. "Another hothead on this mission."

Hey there, Arik'hu. Hope you're prepared for a little action, because there is bound to be plenty more.

Kalor smiled. He wasn't keen on "babysitting," yet it seemed to be his lot around these people. None of them seemed to have it all together, except maybe Glenn.

When Arik'hu was diverted to greet the twins, Kalor went over to the rail of the ship to overlook the city. He was concerned for the others aboard the Rising Sun; Aliexster, Danae, Pixie, Silandra and Malak. The Negation had taken away his fiance and his friends, and he would do everything he could to prevent that from happening again.

Jas's Faces
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Fri May 21, 2004 8:41 am
    Andy and Kori walked back to the ship. Kori was covered in an unusual grey substance, had an angry look on her face, and was walking quickly ahead of Andy. Andy, rushing up behind, also with a the grey substance on his body, and a sorrowful look on his face.

"I'm sorry, Kori," Andy said once again. He had been saying it almost consistently since they left the marketplace. Kori continued to ignore him, walking towards the ship. "Come on, Kori. How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?"

Finally, Kori stopped and spun angrily at her brother. "You know, that's all I ever hear from you. 'I'm sorry, Kori. I didn't mean to.' You never stop to think before you act."

"But..."

"No! I don't want to hear it! I just want you to THINK next time!"

Kori turned and started walking up the gangplank onto the ship. Andy followed quickly behind. As soon as they were aboard, Glenn saw them and introduced them to Arik'hu. Glenn and Arik'hu could easily see that Kori was still upset with her brother for some reason.

"Nice to meet you," Kori replied flatly, still angered by Andy. "You'll excuse me. I need to go wash up." Before Glenn or Arik'hu could say anything about the grey stuff on them, Kori added. "Don't ask." Kori stormed off the deck to her room below to get washed up.

Andy scratched the back of his head meekly. "Well, it was an accident. How was I supposed to know that those things explode when exposed to heat?" Andy looked at Arik'hu and Glenn and gave a slightly embarrassed smile. "Uh, hi. It's nice to meet you. I'd shake your hand, but, uh." Andy showed his hands that were covered in the grey substance. "I think I better go wash up, too."
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Arik'hu (Member #1244) on Fri May 21, 2004 9:22 am
    Arik'hu smiled as Kalor mentioned the coming battle.
    You won't have to worry about me "Kalor"...
    I don't have powers like I'm sure the rest of you do...
    But I can MORE than hold my own.

As Kori and Andy stepped onto the ship, Arik'hu bowed honorably.
    Standing back up he paused and turned to Glenn:

This... This isn't EVERYONE, is it?
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri May 21, 2004 9:27 am
    Glenn shook his head.
    Oh no, ummm... Dagda is over there at the rails and there are two more who aren't onboard right now:
    Robin and SG.
    I also haven't seen the other sigil bearer, Reikai.
    They should be back soon.
    Posted by JAS4Yeshua (Member #80) on Fri May 21, 2004 9:32 am
    ((And Reikai is in her cabin sleeping off the effects of too much to drink.))
    Posted by Arik'hu (Member #1244) on Fri May 21, 2004 9:34 am
    ((Right, I'll fix the post in a second. ))

Arik'hu froze.
    "How did THEY find me here?" he asked himself. What are the chances.
    Yawning, Arik'hu cut Glenn off.

No... Y'know, I'm ummm... Really quite tired from chasing you these last several days.
    I hope you don't mind if I retire for the moment?
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri May 21, 2004 9:38 am
    No, of course not!
    Feel free.

You can always meet the others later.
    You know this ship already. I'm sure you can find your way on you own.
    Posted by Arik'hu (Member #1244) on Fri May 21, 2004 9:41 am
    With that, Arik'hu bowed honorably, and retired from the deck.
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Fri May 21, 2004 9:45 am
    Just as he did, SG and Robin made their way back up the gangplank.
    So, are we ready to go?

We were just waiting for you two.
    Will smiled as he passed.
    We're all loaded up.
    Anybody have any last things to do before we leave? Not waiting for an answer.
    Alright then! We're off.
    And with his words, the crew began to cast off and they were back on their way to the Cayen Caves.
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Sat May 22, 2004 9:19 am
    Kalor watched as Arik'hu headed below deck. He was hiding something, Kalor knew it. Kalor had a bad feeling about the man, but couldn't quite place it. He just hoped that Arik'hu's addition to the crew was not a bad idea on Glenn's part.

Kalor was relieved to finally be on their way again to get the orb. The sooner they could get the orb and put an end to this senseless war, the better. His thoughts went to Reikai, and the news she had given him. He hoped she was wrong about her death. She still had a lot to live for.

Jas's Faces
    Posted by Dragon's Fang (Member #1276) on Sun May 23, 2004 12:26 pm
    Reikai

*Reikai woke up with the greatest headache she has ever had, but she felt alive. When she look down and notice that he was still fully dress, so nothing happen. Reikai was a little disappointed. Kalor Sakyr reminded her of her last lover, Jon, because how he hated war. Jon was most likely dead.

Getting up and started moving toward the deck, Reikai walk right past Arik'hu. She made her way to one of the railings and looked at Kalor. Then she realize that she didn't want to die...*

BG5
    Posted by Dragon's Fang (Member #1276) on Sun May 23, 2004 2:29 pm
    Byfasse

*Byfasse swore under his breath when The Cataclysm sent The Dragon's Fangs warning systems into a frenzy.*

The Dragon's Fang: Warning! Warning! Ship bearing, 20, 39, 234, and closing!

Ok, raise defensive systems and prepare to attack! I don't want anyone coming on or off that ship!

BG5
    Posted by Rye-Glinn (Member #1073) on Wed May 26, 2004 3:24 pm
    ((BG, Frax is waiting to fight Byfasse on the Cataclysm thread. ))

Rye-Glinn shot down towards the planet with his eyes closed. He had managed to follow the ship of sigil-bearers this far... They would not escape him now...

Landing on an island far from his targets, he stood up from the crater he had made with his body. Sniffing the air, he could sense it:
    First.
    He had followed one here and there would be now escaping him...
    Rye-Glinn was the greatest assassin the Negation universe had ever seen... He was sure this "bright universe" would be no different.

As he walked along he found a sign, it read:
    "Elaysia."
    Raising an eyebrow, Rye-Glinn continued through the gates into a large garden.
    Within moments, he was approached by a man smiling:
    Well, Hello!!! You must be here to see the famed garden of Elaysia!!
    I'm afraid it's not as beautiful as on any other given day... some bugs from another island have been causing trouble and eating the planets, but insects that are native have been fighting them off.
    It really IS an amazing sight! I sometimes sit and...

Shut up.
    Rye-Glinn replied as he killed him with a touch.
    Approaching the insects he loomed at them closely licking his lips.
    Touching one of the "unwelcomed insects, it died instantly and he was given a great amount of life from it.
    Standing up straight, his eyes grew large.

No... It couldn't be...
    Posted by Lord Pikachu (Member #1243) on Wed May 26, 2004 3:40 pm
    Oh yes... It could.
    Said the mysterious figure stepping out of the shadows.
    One might be surprised of what is true and what is not...
    And... Take it from someone who knows this universe better than anyone you've encountered so far... This planet seems to tie EVERYTHING together.
    I can't even put my finger on it.
    Oh... I'm terribly sorry, the name's Lord Pikachu.
    I'd shake your hand, but I see I don't really want to.
    Posted by Rye-Glinn (Member #1073) on Wed May 26, 2004 3:42 pm
    Rye-Glinn scowled at the newcomer:
    What do you want?
    Posted by Lord Pikachu (Member #1243) on Wed May 26, 2004 3:49 pm
    The same thing you want...
    Well... Not EXACTLY.
    You see, I am a servant of a VERY powerful being.
    On the same level as your "Charon" I'd assume.
    Replying to Rye_glinn's shocked reaction, Pikachu tapped his forehead:
    Mind reading, remember?
    Anyways, I'm not a "true" First. I was endowed with these powers in a great battle with them.
    So, in short, I don't care either way if you crush their "Elysia."
    I just think we could work together.
    There's a ship full of people I'd like to see dead on this planet, and I KNOW that's why you're here.
    What's say we work together?
    As Rye-Glinn nodded in approval, Pikachu couldn't help but grin.
    Ever since his creation, he had been the best damn liar to ever walk Elysia.
    "So what if this "Rye-Glinn" survives this fight... So what if his "Charon" takes Elysia... When Emperor Rupiku is free... We'll rid ourselves of this Trash."

((For those of you who are reading this and are curious, Pikachu does not realize that Charon is actually MORE powerful than Rupiku... He can only read Rye-Glinn's mind and see his "perception" of him. ))
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Thu May 27, 2004 12:44 pm
    Back onboard the Ias, the band of heroes shot towards the Cayen Caves, unaware of the gathering of enemies arriving on their doorstep.

In his quarters, Glenn spoke to Will sternly, telling him his plans:

Will... I've made up my mind.
    You're going to take the Sigil Bearers to the orb.
    Why sir?
    Taking a deep breath.
    I know it sounds immature... But... I don't think it would be wise for me to go with SG. ... Our personalities don't quite... Fit.
    And plus... You know the caves as well as I do. And, with the special "properties" of the cave, they'll need someone who is practiced at being mortal.
    Will took a deep breath, then nodded. It wasn't his place to argue with his Captain.
    Yes Sir.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Thu May 27, 2004 2:40 pm
    SG leaned up against the railing of the ship wondering how long they had been there.
    Because the light of the sky slowly faded the farther they went from Para-Vell and there was no day or night, it became impossible to even guess how long the trip had taken.
    Hours? Days? Years?
    Shaking his head he thought about those around him.
    Most of the crew he had not even spoken to.
    Some of the Sigil Bearers were no different, having spoken to Dagda and Reikai only once.
    Looking at Robin he smiled.
    She was a beautiful woman and he could see how a mortal like her had captured the hearts of so many gods on Elysia.
    She reminded her of Scion.
    Biting his lip his eyes began to water as he wondered if he would ever see her again... Alive, anyways.

Then, he turned to Kalor.
    Kalor had had a far deeper influence on SG than he had assumed in the beginning.
    He had become... A role model. He ;led without leading... He simply earned trust by trusting.
    Shaking his head he thought of Glenn... And how the Oracle had told him that he would have a choice to make that Glenn should not interfere in, whether for good or evil.
    What did that mean?

Then, SG was caught off guard by Will leaving the Captain's quarters and calling for everyone's attention.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Thu May 27, 2004 2:49 pm
    Will led his Captain out on deck and said:
    We are approaching the Caves... The Captain is about to brief us.

Whispering to the unsure Will, Glenn muttered:

I'm sorry Will... It's just that if I HAVE to allow SG to make a mistake, I don't want to have to be there.
    Then, to the rest of the crew:
    Alright, everyone...
    I haven't told you this up until now, but you need to know.
    There is something special about the Cayen Caves.
    Deep inside them, there is an anomaly known as a "Para-Vellian Flare."
    It is energy similar to that I use in my sword but in a VERY concentrated mass.
    It is SO concentrated that any power, other than Para-Vellian that enters it can no longer react.
    Turning to SG:
    This means that your "First-born" abilities will not work there...
    And turning to the Sigil-Bearers:
    And neither will any of your powers.
    You will all be completely normal... Mortal.

You may be wondering why I hid it there... Allow me to explain:
    Any weapon brought to this planet can off-set the balance of good and evil in this universe.
    Because of this, I hid it in the one place the Leviathan and it's minions can't go.
    In a place so filled with the light that they are instantly burned.

Any Questions?
    Posted by Dragon's Fang (Member #1276) on Thu May 27, 2004 3:20 pm
    Glenn wrote:
    Any Questions?

Reikai

*sigh*

Yes... When do we get there?

BG5
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Thu May 27, 2004 3:52 pm
    Kalor shrugged.

Well, if we are going to lose our powers in there, we better have something else to help us out in there. As much as I hate battle, there is no way to avoid hostilities all the time. I would appreciate having a nice assault rifle or something in my hands, just in case.
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri May 28, 2004 2:22 pm
    Glenn smiled:
    Sorry Kalor... We don't have many "pulse rifles" or "neutron bombs" on our planet.
    You are, however, welcome to take a visit to our armory.
    It DOES have a variety of weapons.

Also, everyone should note that I won't be coming along with you. I am going to stay onboard the ship... Due to... On CONFLICT OF INTERESTS.
    Glenn said, galncing at SG.
    Then Reikai spoke and Glenn smiled once more:

Funny you should ask Reikai... Everyone... If you'll look over there...
    Glenn pointed to a glowing dot on the horizon.
    THAT is the Cayen Caves.
    We should be there in about 20 of your minutes or so.

Just then, Glenn was cut off by one of his crew in the crow's nest:
    SIR!!!! YOU'LL WANT TO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!!!

Glenn didn't hesitate.
    Before anyone else could react he was already IN the crows nest.
    No... It can't be...
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Fri May 28, 2004 2:44 pm
    Upon hearing Glenn's words, SG immediately flew up to the crow's nest and joined the Captain of The Ias.
    What!?!?
    What can't be!?!?
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri May 28, 2004 2:49 pm
    The sky began to grow dark as Glenn handed SG his binoculars and answered:
    ... It's... It's The Leviathan.

The crew mate with them turned to his Captain with fear in his eyes:
    How did they find us sir!?!?! It's impossible!!!!
    No. It's not. Will cut in, now with them.
    Look in parallels 17 and 98... The Levithan isn't alone... It's got two other ships with it: The Klaus and the Malak.
    Glenn stepped back silent...
    ... The ships from the battle earlier...
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Fri May 28, 2004 2:51 pm
    SG spun around, dropping the binoculars.
    Spit flew as he hollered:
    I thought you said they couldn't go get help!!!!
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri May 28, 2004 2:52 pm
    Glenn didn't answer. Instead, he began running through a plan in his head.
    Finally, he spoke up:

Never mind this!! It's not going to change our plans!
    Full sail for the caves!!!
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Fri May 28, 2004 2:54 pm
    As the sky darkened more and more and a storm the likes of which noone had ever seen began to brew, SG grabbed Glenn by the collar:
    WHAT!?!?! We're just going to run away!?!?!?!
    We've beat the likes of these guys before!!!
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri May 28, 2004 2:59 pm
    Glenn brushed SG's hand away and stared into the Son of Gator's eyes:
    Listen to me.
    As much as I would like to see you throw your life away against that monster, this group NEEDS you.
    I don't like you.
    I'm being honest, but the last time we encountered the enemy The Leviathan was not with them.
    You wouldn't last 20 seconds against it and it's crew.
    We make for the caves... End of story.

Jumping down from the crow's nest, onto the deck, Glenn got everyone's attention.

Alright.
    I know several of you will disagree with this move, but we don't have much choice right now.
    We're nearing the caves now.
    We should be there soon, but before we get there The Leviathan WILL have caught us.
    Because of this, I am going to cause a distraction to help the ship get there.
    Once there, you get the orb and you go save the universe, got it?
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Fri May 28, 2004 2:59 pm
    Why are YOU the distraction?
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Fri May 28, 2004 2:59 pm
    Kalor had about his limit of what he could take from the Son of Gator. Using his powers, he changed the floor beneath Gator into a large hand that reached up and grabbed Gator tightly. Kalor faded into view in front of the Son of Gator, his eyes glowing green.

You know, it takes a lot to get me mad, but you have crossed that line once too many. Finding the orb is the most important thing. If you can't see the importance of that, we could leave you tied up here on the Ias. Or you can calm yourself down, go along with the plan, and cooperate. Which will it be?
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:03 pm
    Glenn turned to Kalor.
    It's alright, let him go.
    You're going to need all the help you can get.

SG... In answer to your question...
    Taking a deep breath:
    There is noone onboard this ship that can take that THING on.
    I however carry Para-Vellian light... The only thing that can SCRATCH it.

If everyone follows the plan, I think we can predict that everyone will walk out of this thing fine.
    Posted by Arik'hu (Member #1244) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:05 pm
    There are some things, however that one CANNOT PREDICT!!!
    Howled Arik'hu with delight as he threw his cloak to the side and grinned.
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:05 pm
    The light in Kalor's eyes faded and he changed the hand back into the floor of the Ias, releasing SG. He then turned and walked back to the edge to watch the ships as they approached.
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:05 pm
    Arik'hu!?!?!? What the hell are YOU doing here!?!?!
    ... ...
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:06 pm
    You two know each other?
    Posted by Robin01 (Member #803) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:07 pm
    Robin nodded instinctively forming a sword in her hand:
    He's a monster... A spy for one of the most powerful madmen to threaten our universe.
    Posted by Arik'hu (Member #1244) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:08 pm
    That's right...
    And best of all... I was INVITED onto this ship!!!
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:09 pm
    SG glared at Glenn, knowing EXACTLY what Arik'hu meant.
    Then, Flying up into the air, he began to form a giant battle axe in his hands:

Then allow me to UNIINVITE you!!!
    Posted by Lord Pikachu (Member #1243) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:12 pm
    SG, however didn't get a chance to do anything as a large burning rock slammed into him from behind, knocking him out of the air.
    There, floating above the ship were two meteors, one ridden by Lord Pikachu, the other, ridden by Rye-Glinn.
    For those of you who don't know me...
    Allow me to introduce myself:
    I am Lord Pikachu, God of Fire and Brimstone!
    Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:13 pm
    And allow me to rain on your parade, Lady P.

Kalor used his powers and changed the meteors they were riding into water.
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:14 pm
    Glenn was still in shock.
    He didn't recognize these new players, but the last time he knew, Arik'hu was on THEIR side.

As The Leviathan raced towards them, bringing their destruction, these villains were the LAST thing they needed!!

Deciding quickly, Glenn hollered:
    Attack!!!
    Posted by Arik'hu (Member #1244) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:21 pm
    Each of the crew who weren't actually SAILING towards the caves grabbed swords and attacked Arik'hu.
    He Grinned in reply.

Without even drawing his sword he charged them.
    Dodging this way and that he maneuvered out of their blows, replying to them with boots to the face and punches to the stomach.

None of the crew knew who he was... None of them could understand that he was all of the First's warrior instinct personified into one measly mortal.
    Conclusion:
    In a sword fight... Unbeatable.

Gabbing one officer by the wrist, he spun it around, pushing it back on himself, then through a fellow crew member.
    Within moments he had either knocked out or killed everyone of them.
    Smiling he walked towards Robin:
    You're next.
    Posted by Lord Pikachu (Member #1243) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:24 pm
    As the meteors below he and Rye-Glinn vanished, Pikachu continued to hover.
    Rye-Glinn plummeted, however barely succeeding on grabbing onto the ship below.
    Pikachu growled at Kalor:
    Ever done battle with a First before, boy!?!
    You're in for the time of your life!!
    Then, shooting up from the ground miles and miles below them, countless little meteors and rocks began shoot through the hull of the ship like bullets.

Posted by Kalor Sakyr (Member #358 ) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:26 pm
    You'll find me more than a match for any First.

Kalor's eyes glowed green, as he changed the meteors and rock to water and dust as they approached the Ias. Those that broke through the hull he managed to stop and used their mass to seal off the breaches to the hull.

I'm only getting warmed up.
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Gemanni Twins (Member #892) on Fri May 28, 2004 3:34 pm
    Kori and Andy had just arrived on the deck of the Ias as it was revealed that Arik'hu was a traitor.

"This can't be good," Andy said.

"Doesn't matter, we have to deal with it!" Kori replied pulling out her bow and preparing to fire.

"Alright! Time to bust some heads!" Andy said excitedly as he drew his sword. "Hey, Traitor! Leave the woman alone and face me, if you've got the guts!"

Andy approached Arik'hu as he shouted out the challenge, while Kori fired an arrow aimed at Rye-Glenn when he was trying to climb aboard.
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Dagda (Member #359) on Fri May 28, 2004 7:47 pm
    'Oh, by Kori, can't anything ever be easy?' thought the youth. He looked around the chaos breaking out. He was useless in the caves and knew it. He wasn't a fighter really. He could heal a bit but anything else was unreliable. And while he might be able to help here, there was a much larger threat barreling down on them. Dagda smiled to his fellow travelers.

"Wish me luck, people."

He then broke for the nearest open exit and lept form the ship. He rolled with the landing a couple of times then looked towards the three pursuing ships.

"Man, I am an idiot. OK, lame brains, halt of the Demon Marked will shred you."

(Nestle, you do know I have a character under my Random Character ID named Malak. And he is looking for Kalor. The angel of death will not be pleased with finding a ship named after him.)

LM
    Posted by Lord Pikachu (Member #1243) on Sat May 29, 2004 11:22 am
    ((Sorry LM. I hadn't named that ship yet and Malak was the first thing that popped into my mind (now I know why. I'll change it when I have time. ))

Pikachu growled at Kalor, then paused and smiled.

That is why I brought a friend.
    Posted by Rye-Glinn (Member #1073) on Sat May 29, 2004 11:25 am
    Rye-Glinn had dodged Kori's arrow effortlessly as his training had taught him and rolled onto the deck.
    As Kalor was occupied with Pikachu, Rye-Glinn snuck up behind him, wrapping his hands around Kalor's throat.
    The ligis of death that marked his face began to glow as he gloated:

The price of betrayal to the Negation Kalor... Is DEATH!!!

((JAS, I'm just using creative liberties to say hat Rye-Glinn and Kalor knew each other (or at least OF each other) from the Negation. ))
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Sat May 29, 2004 11:31 am
    As Rye-Glinn ripped the very life from Kalor, SG came to his senses again.
    Forming a large Ram, he charged into Rye-Glinn, knocking him off of his prey.
    As Rye-Glinn slip across the deck, SG knelt down to the weakened Kalor and asked:

You alright?
    He never got an answer, however as The Leviathan dropped sail in front of their ship.
    The Ias never had a chance to actually RUN into it.
    The air around the ship was SO dense it knocked the ship so hard that it threw everyone onboard off their feet.
    As SG made an effort to get back up, he looked up at the immensity of the ship before them.
    The Ias was a large ship. It's passenger load was 10,000.
    The Leviathan, however filled the sky.
    If Para-Vell had been an extraordinary sight for light, The Leviathan was that for the dark.
    It had no sails, no distinctions that would actually make it look like a ship... It simply was.
    It was IMMENSE.
    It's crew totaled 666,000. ... 666,000 of the most damned creatures in any universe.

SG couldn't have known all these things, but he DID know... They were in trouble.
    Posted by JAS4Yeshua (Member #80) on Sat May 29, 2004 12:42 pm
    ((Nestle, you have a PM))
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Sat May 29, 2004 2:24 pm
    (You don't have to change it Nestle. Given Malak is heading towards this thread currently, it gives him a nicely dramatic entrance)
    Posted by Dragon's Fang (Member #1276) on Sat May 29, 2004 6:37 pm
    ((OOC: Umm, Nestl... Kalor is really, really, an important character.))

BG5
    Posted by Nestl (Member #99) on Mon May 31, 2004 2:57 pm
    ((I know BG. He didn't die. I'm just giving our superhero team some problems. ))
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 31, 2004 3:06 pm
    Glenn stood in the pouring rain gripping the deck as lightning began to dance across the sky violently.

He didn't know what to do.
    SG had been right all along. He had been so excited to do things spur of the moment and be the hero that he had never rethought his actions.
    Somehow he had protected this universe for ages without that simple knowledge... But now... There was no disregarding it.

Closing his eyes, he thought of bringing Arik'hu onboard the ship and how many of his men had already died because of it.
    Then, opening his eyes and looking at the colossal beast in front of him he shuttered at the thought that he may have brought the downfall of Para-Vell in this universe through such a dumb choice.
    Biting his lip, he finally drew blood and The Leviathan simply sat in front of them.

Glenn HATED that ship. ... If it could be described as a ship.
    It's shell made it far too powerful to pierce and, without any moving pieces, it simply "slithered" through the air.
    Posted by The Oracle (Member #876) on Mon May 31, 2004 3:17 pm
    Standing next to him in the pouring rain, The Oracle never turned to Glenn, she simply spoke:
    If you had given up at this stage before, you would have never come this far.Then, turning to Glenn.
    You have been chosen Glenn. You have a purpose.
    Para-Vell will not fall today... Especially in THIS universe.
    ... Finish the race.

Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 31, 2004 3:32 pm
    Glenn turned to The Oracle.
    Even in the darkness of The Leviathan her eyes glowed with brilliance.

Sometimes I wonder though... If you picked the right one...
    Sometimes I wonder if...
    Before Glenn could finish his sentence Will hollered:
    Sir!! Look! The Leviathan!!!
    Glenn looked up and, before his eyes, the "shell" of The Leviathan became semi-permeable and four bodies stepped out, standing horizontally off the massive structure.
    DeithBringers!
    Glenn swallowed hard then spun to look at the Oracle, but she was gone.
    Only a faint whisper remained:
    Glenn, never doubt our love for you... Or the strength within you.
    Glenn took a deep breath and nodded. This would not be easy...
    Posted by Arik'hu (Member #1244) on Mon May 31, 2004 3:35 pm
    Sliding across the wet deck as the ship shook, Arik'hu struggled to get back on his feet.
    Then he heard Andy's challenge:

Hey, Traitor! Leave the woman alone and face me, if you've got the guts!
    Drawing his sword, Arik'hu grinned.
    You don't know what you're getting yourself into boy!!
    I'll give you one chance... Run away NOW!!
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 31, 2004 3:38 pm
    SG coughed up blood as he himself rose to his feet.
    Looking up, he could see the seriousness of the situation on Glenn's face.
    Nodding, he flew up to where the Sword-Bearer of Para-Vell stood he set his hand on his shoulder sympathetically.
    Taking a deep breath he said:

Sorry about earlier.
    I make mistakes too.
    What can I do to help?
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 31, 2004 3:39 pm
    Glenn's eyes grew large.
    But I thought...
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 31, 2004 3:40 pm
    SG smiled feebishly:
    Hey, this is your ship...
    You're in command.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 31, 2004 3:43 pm
    Glenn nodded and swallowed hard, doing his best to smile back.
    Looking up at the four beings standing on the side of the Leviathan, Glenn filled SG in:

They're DeithBringers. ... Only four of the 666,000 damned souls who have made The Leviathan their home.
    Luckily they have concluded that we're not "worth" any more than 4.
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 31, 2004 3:43 pm
    Are we?
    SG asked, raising an eyebrow.
    Posted by Glenn (Member #1193) on Mon May 31, 2004 3:47 pm
    At this, Glenn smiled.
    No. Each one of them is a match for me.
    The four of them could tear us apart.
    He turned back to SG and knew that he was waiting for his strategy.
    Alright. ... We stick with the plan.
    I'll stay here with the Ias.
    My crew and I will hold off The Leviathan.
    You and yours go and get that Orb.
    If Arik'hu and his friends follow you into the caves, at least they won't have any powers.
    As SG nodded, Glenn's eyes began to glow once again and he drew his sword.
    Hovering above the ship, Glenn hollered:
    SG, Get your people into the caves!!!
    Posted by SG01 (Member #830) on Mon May 31, 2004 3:54 pm
    Hovering off the deck, himself, SG looked for everyone he needed to "grab."
    Seeing Reikai standing next to Dagda as he hollered at The Giant Levithan, he used his power to form giant hands and scoop them up.
    Next, he saw Robin, Kalor and Will and did the same.
    Finally, he saw Andy and Kori.
    SG shook his head as he saw Andy about to go head to head with Arik'hu.
    Forming another hand, he used this one to knocked Arik'hu back 30 feet.
    Landing next to Andy he said:
    Sorry, but you'll have plenty of chances to fight him if that's the way you want to die.
    Then, picking up Andy and Kori, they all took off of the ship.
    Getting them far enough away, The giant hands threw all of them up into the air.
    As they fell back down, the hands re-formed into giant eagles.
    Flying towards the caves with the group of sigil-bearers, SG couldn't help but look back at the chaos they were leaving and shake his head.
    Muttering to himself he said:

Sorry Glenn... I hope we meet again...
    Posted by Dagda (Member #359) on Mon May 31, 2004 4:36 pm
    "You sure know how to make a stupidly heroic action just stupid. You do realize I'm dead weight in these caves? Everyone else knows how to fight while I'm a joke. You'd be best to leave me outside."

Keeps his hand raised and hopes he doesn't do the power suck on the eagles.

LM
    Posted by Random Character (Member #353) on Mon May 31, 2004 4:51 pm
    Malak, the angel of death, circled above. He had come seeking Kalor. The angel wasn't much for flying a ship and given it was alone, he felt it was best to return it to its captain. Then he spied the mamoth ships.

"And one dares call itself after me."

Descending he began changing. His wings turned dark and a black cloak enveloped his form. The silver blade he carried by his side twisted and became a black sythe. The cold breeze stirred the air as he landed.

"~I seek Kalor. Bar my passage and perish. Aid me and death will not touch you.~"

Currently, I am most likely.....
    Malak, The Traveler & Grace, or Odin

LM
    Posted by JAS4Yeshua (Member #80) on Mon May 31, 2004 4:56 pm
    ((Which of the four ships did Malak land on?))
    Posted by Emporer Mattson (Member #1202) on Mon May 31, 2004 5:05 pm
    (Landed on the ground. Of course, if Nestle doesn't mind, he'll shred the one named after him--LM)
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast