Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apartment X

Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:02 pm
    Mikhail wrote:
    "Hello Xandra!" Mikhail said enthusiastically, "I hope I didn't catch you going out to do some more furniture shopping or anything. It's just that I found this thing you might be interested." He held the receiver between his shoulder and head while finding the right page in the folder. "Didn't you say your lease was only for a week or something? Well I was just calling to tell you about this great place I found flipping through the personals." Mikhail hoped that he didn't sound like he was lying, it always hurt him when ever he had to lie to his baby girl, but she could never know about what he did.

"I found an add for this great studio apartment, brand new building, and the rent's about $700 a month!" Mikhail said, trying to be as enthusastic as possible. "That and from what I hear you'd like the other tenants, a nice bunch of guys. I hope I'm not being too pushy, I just thought this would be a deal too good to pass up."

Tell me more about this place, papa. It sounds great!!

***Xandra waves at Mrs. Rose and speaks to her while listening to her father on the phone***

Hi, Mrs. Rose and Cookie. I'm Xandra.
    Posted by M (Member #386) on Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:49 pm
    Mrs. Rose

Mrs. Rose giggled some when she realized she had just embarrassed Justin slightly.

“I’m sorry, son, sometimes I just can’t help it but being nosy

Xandra wrote:
    Hi, Mrs. Rose and Cookie. I'm Xandra.

“Nice to meet you, Xandra. Do you want a piece of cake? It has a lot of chocolate. Justin just ate two.”
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:51 pm
    ***Xandra put her hand over the phone receiver so that her dad wouldn't think she was talking to him***

Yes, Mrs. Rose, I would love some cake. It smells so wonderful. And I really love chocolate. It's my favorite.
    Posted by Mikhail (Member #594) on Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:26 pm
    On the other end Mikhail smiled a bit, glad she was rather receptive of this idea. "Of course Xandra," he said while rifling through some of the papers in the folder before finding what he was looking for. "It's this place called the Trent Building, that's more in the nice business/office building section of Racoon City. The address is 426 Kirby road, rent is negotiable depending upon your financial situation. They're taking all sorts of applicants especially those of a, 'special' nature..." Mikhail siad trying not to make it too obvious what the purpose of the building was. "I would at least check it out, some time before you have to make your first rent payment. Seems like a rather good deal to me..."

A Smokin' Joe Production
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:03 pm
    ***she listened to her father on the phone...and if this conversation happened a few weeks ago, she would have been quite angry at her dad for suggesting this because she wanted to make it on her own, without any help from anyone. But now that she has had a taste of the real world, Xandra realized how much she misses the security of living with her loving father...so she is more than happy to accept his suggestions***

Thanks, papa. I'll definitely look into it. I hope that it is pretty cheap. I don't have much money right now until I find a job...only my savings.

Plus, um...well...papa - I'm sorry for the rude way I have treated you over the last few weeks as I was getting ready to be on my own. Can you forgive me?

Posted by Mikhail (Member #594) on Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:56 pm
    Mikhail smiled at the profession of love from his daughter, "It is alright honey, I understand, you wish to get on your own feet and prove you are a self sufficient person. I was like that when I was a young man, ready to prove myself to the world in general." Snickering a bit remincing, "Oh, I'm sorry, I should give you the phone number for the owner of the building, a Jack Trent, surprisingly. It's 547-6311, I hope that it is a fruitful endeavor dear."

A Smokin' Joe Production
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:03 am
    ***Xandra writes down the owner's name and phone number to call in the morning.***

Bye, papa...talk to you later.

***Xandra hangs up her phone and begins to eat the cake provided by Mrs. Rose***

This is wonderful cake, by the way. Thank you, Mrs. Rose.

***She turns her attention towards Justin and sees that he has cake on his face and she points to her face in the same spot and giggles***

Hey, Justin - do I have something on my face right here?
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:22 pm
    Cyber

Cyber could tell that Xandra was teasing him. He put his hand up to where she was indicating and put his hand on the chocolate frosting, and wound up smearing it on his cheek and hand. He turned bright red from embarrassment.

Oh, man!

He went into the kitchen and turned on the water. A clunking sound could be heard, and suddenly, water sprayed up from the faucet, completely drenching him. The water was ice cold, and he was already freezing! He screamed out in shock, and quickly turned the water off.

Hey Xandra. Your kitchen sink is broken. And do you, like, have a towel so I can dry off?

Cyber also wished he had a change of clothes, but since that was out of the question, he would have to wear his wet clothes, which he wasn't to happy about. He had completely forgotten about the chocolate on his cheek and hand.
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:54 pm
    ***she heard Justin scream and what sounded like spraying water so she jumped up and ran to the kitchen. She saw water everywhere not too mention a soaking wet Justin too...***

Way to go, Mr. Fixit.

Let me see if I have some dry towels. Do what you can to keep the sink from leaking anymore.

***Xandra headed to the bathroom but stopped next to Mrs. Rose and Cookie***

Ma'am, you may want to watch Cookie and keep him/her out of the kitchen for a bit....Justin made a mess.

***Xandra hurried off to get some towels***

Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:11 pm
    Cyber

Hey it wasn't my fault! It exploded on me!

Cyber shouted after Xandra. His shoulders slumped as he looked at the sink. The sink itself wasn't leaking anywhere, but water was dripping onto the counter and into the sink from the broken faucet.

I ain't touching that thing again.

He muttered to himself, as he brushed his wet hair back with his wet hand.

Stupid sink!

As if to get him back for what he said, a small stream of water sprayed out from the faucet, striking him in the face.

Argh!

Cyber grabbed onto the faucet to keep the water from continuing to spray.

This is ridiculous! Someone call a plumber, I don't want to stand here all day!

((OOC: Cyber is too ignorant about these things to realize he only needs to turn off the water from the valve beneath the sink. ))
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:58 am
    ***Xandra hurried back to the kitchen with the towels and threw them playfully at Justin***

Here, dry yourself off!!

***She went over to the sink and knelt down and opened the cabinet doors exposing the pipes. She reached in and turned the knobs to the off position to keep more water from coming out.***

I learned that trick from Bob Villa, from This Old House.
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:37 pm
    ((OOC: I think we need to try to move forward to Apartment X. Trying to push things in that direction. ))

Cyber

The towel hit Cyber in the face, and he pulled it off.

Gee, thanks.

He begins to towel himself dry. Unfortunately, his clothes were still quite wet. As long as they stayed inside, with the heater on, he should be fine. Uncomfortable, but still fine. Cyber turned his attention back to Mrs Rose, while he was toweling himself dry.

I'm from Irvine, California. It is near Los Angeles. I was ru... abandoned... here.

He was going to say running away, but saying that to a grown-up wasn't always a good idea. Besides, he wasn't lying, not totally. He was abandoned in the middle of no where, he was just running away from military school.

I met Xandra, and she was nice enough to give me some food and a place to stay. Tomorrow, we'll be heading out to check out a new place to live, one that would be free for me, I hope.
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:31 pm
    ((yup, I agree...we need to move towards the Apartment X))

Hey, Justin - my papa just mentioned the same apartment on the phone just a few minutes ago.

Maybe we should check it out soon. This place is way to expensive for me anyway and my papa said that rent over their is need specific or something like that.
    Posted by M (Member #386) on Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:38 pm
    Mrs. Rose

“Oh, my God, Justin, you’re going to catch a cold if you stay on those wet clothes! Wait a minute.”

She stood up and ran out of Xandra’s apartment. “Cookie, come with me!”

Exactly a minute later, Mrs. Rose and Cookie came back with a pair of pants, socks, shoes and a shirt. “These were Harold’s clothes, thankfully I always kept them just in case. They may be a little big for you, Justin, but it beats being wet.”
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:08 pm
    Cyber

Cyber took the clothes and looked at them with a raised eyebrow. They definitely looked like old people clothes. Grey slacks, black shoes, plaid socks, and a flannel shirt. And the other thing was, they were definitely too big. Justin was only 5'7" and the man who wore these was easily 6 feet tall.

Ummm. Thanks. But I think my clothes will be dry by the morning. That is when we are going to look for the new place to live. These clothes are just way too big for me.

He held the clothes out for Rose to take back.
    Posted by M (Member #386) on Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:52 am
    Mrs. Rose

“Oh…!” A little upset, Mrs. Rose took the clothes back as if she was holding her biggest treasure in her hands. She looked at Justin wondering when she turned out to be so old, when her memories of being sixteen were so fresh in her mind. Memories such as the moment she first met Harold, the moment when she defied her parents and chose to go out with this rebel kid who wanted to change the world…

A little ashamed of trying to make friends with such young kids, she held the clothes close to her heart as she stood up. “I have to go now, it’s a little late and I still have to take this tons of pills you will never know about…”

As she walked to the door, she stopped for a moment. A few minutes ago she heard Justin mention something about an apartment with free rent, would she had heard it right? For an instant she thought about asking him, but she was already too embarrassed to keep it going.
    Posted by Mikhail (Member #594) on Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:28 am
    "Goodbye dear!" Mikhail said before he hung up the phone. A smile remained across his face from hearing the profession of love from his daughter. Walking over to his overstuffed recliner, he settled himself in and set the incline of the chair to 'Dukes of Hazard' level relaxation. Picking up the clicker, he turned on the TV and went back to the case file he had in his hands.

He had read the whole dosie about the apartment itself, but he hadn't touched the preliminary report on the murder of the previous servaliance team. Seems rather standard crime report, where the bodies where, the condition of the room and how they died. The guys seemed to not expect anything, the two closest to the door were killed in their chairs. There was some gunfire one of the guys at the opposite side of the room, it looks like he let out a single shot, but missed, plus some deaththrow fire in the ceiling. The actually causes of death did not involve firearms at all, instead there were several slash wounds, from what might be a bowie knife across a few of their throats. Also it seemed like a few of the agents tried to restrain the intruder because... "...Their arms were broken at the elbow and had their necks snapped in a stunning ballet of death!"

Looking up from the case file Mikhail watched the TV which was turned to the local news he watched every morning. "There were no signs of gunplay but it has been said that a knife was used extensively, as one person described it, "Like one of those Japanese chef guys who you're sure are just a sneeze away from loosing a hand."" Reading over the report, it seemed like what ever this news show was reporting about was pulled directly from the case he was holding in his hand. But it wasn't possible, they would have never let a leak this grave to get on to broadcast news. Instead he set down the file and listened to the reporter. "What warranted such barbaric behavior is a complete mystery. The orderlies, staff doctors, and managers had few things connecting them other than working in the same place. Perhaps it is a first strike by some pro-elderly terrorists who seek to teach us a lesson about how we treat our grandparents? Regardless, it is hard to ignore who ever did this had a seriece piece of granite on her shoulder. Reporting live from River Vista Nursing Home, this is Ernando Wilkins for WZKC News."

A Smokin' Joe Production
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:18 am
    ***Xandra watched as Mrs. Rose left the apartment. Xandra could tell that Mrs. Rose was visibly upset. She would stop by the elderly woman's apartment in the morning before she and Justin went to Apartment X - just to check on Mrs. Rose and Cookie***

Well, Justin...I'm heading off to sleep now. See you in the morning.

***she went to her room and closed the door. She laid down on her sleeping bag and drifted off to dream land***
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:31 am
    Cyber

See you in the morning.

Once Xandra walked into her room and closed the door, Cyber rolled out the sleeping bag she let him use. His clothes were still wet, and he wondered if he should have just taken Mrs Rose's offer of the dry clothes. He definitely would have been more comfortable, even if they were too big.

With a sigh, Cyber removed his shoes and his shirt. His pants weren't that wet, since most of the water sprayed onto his face and his shirt. Immediately after taking off his shirt, he grabbed his jacket and put it on instead. At least this way, he would keep warm tonight. Cyber got into the sleeping bag and fell asleep quickly, it had been a long day.
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:57 pm
    ***the night flew by and Xandra slept peacefully, as well as she could of course, since she was in a new place and sleeping on the floor. As the sun came through the window and the light shined on her face, she put her hands up to block the sun but knew it was time to get up***

Ummmmm....***she stretched trying to make her arm wake up***

***As she got out of the sleeping bag she quickly went and showered and changed clothes and went out to where Justin was sleeping***

Wake up, sleepy head!!
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:14 pm
    Cyber

Cyber groaned. He had woken up when he heard the shower turn on. He didn't sleep very well last night. Too much anticipation for going to Apartment X today.

Alright. Getting up.

Cyber said, with his face in the pillow. He didn't care if Xandra heard him or not. A moment later, he climbed out of the sleeping bag. The apartment seemed even colder than it was last night. He took off his jacket and threw on his shirt. It was still slightly damp and cold, but he knew his body heat would fix that shortly.

I don't know how you people can survive in this cold.

Cyber slipped his shoes on, and put the jacket on over his shirt.

Alright, I'm ready to head out when you are. I sure hope the information I got about this place is true. If its not free, I'm stuck out in the cold again.
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:18 pm
    Hey, Justin...before we leave can we stop by Mrs. Rose's place. She seemed kind of down yesterday when she left.

Is that ok?
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:08 pm
    Cyber

She was down? She didn't look down to me.

Sure, I guess we can stop by her place before we go. She's a nice enough old lady.

Inside, though, Cyber was itching to get to Apartment X. He didn't feel all that comfortable around Rose. Of course, he was never all that comfortable around old people. But if Xandra wanted to stop and say bye, who was he to argue.
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:23 pm
    ***Xandra and Justin walked out of her apartment and she locked her door. Wouldn't want any strange mutants popping into her home unannounced...now would she...she thought and chuckled***

Let's go, Justin.

***the walked to Mrs. Rose's front door and Xandra knocked loudly just in case Mrs. Rose couldn't hear very well***

Mrs. Rose, it's me, Xandra! Are you home?
    Posted by M (Member #386) on Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:42 pm
    Mrs. Rose

As soon as Xandra knocked on Mrs. Rose’s door, a noise was heard inside of her apartment as if she had run to the bathroom and splashed some water on her face. After a moment, Mrs. Rose opened the door. She was drying her face with a towel, but as hard as she tried not to let show, it was obvious that she had been crying. Her eyes were all red and she had big dark rings right under. Trying to put on a smile, she talked to the kids.

“Well, good morning, Xandra and Justin. It seems that you don’t sleep late
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:46 pm
    ***trying not to make Mrs. Rose feel any worse, Xandra smiled nicely but had to ask: ***

Is everything ok, Mrs. Rose? Is Cookie ok? You seem upset...even last night you looked sad when you left my apartment.

Would you like to talk? I know we just met, but we could have a "girl" chat if you'd like...no offense, Justin.
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:08 pm
    Cyber

Cyber stood a little behind Xandra. At the mention of "girl talk," he rolled his eyes. He just wanted to get to Apartment X. But, if they needed to take time for "girl talk," he figured he better stay around. Xandra had been so nice to him, he felt he had to show her the way to Apartment X. Besides, she was the only friend he had in this podunk town.

No offense taken.

Cyber said, trying to get his mind off the upcoming torture he was probably going to have to endure.
    Posted by M (Member #386) on Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:02 am
    Mrs. Rose

Mrs. Rose blushed at Xandra’s words of support. Taken by surprise, she didn’t even ask the kids to get into her apartment.

“Oh, Xandra, I’m so embarrassed. I’m really sorry you found me in this mess, but I just couldn’t drop this on you. I will find a way, I have to, but it just wouldn’t be fair if I… Look, I’m the grown up here, for God’s sake!, I could be your grandmother! You’re just getting on with your life, don’t worry, please…”

As Mrs. Rose kept excusing herself, her eyes got filled with tears once again.

“Oh, my God! I don’t know why I can’t handle this…”
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:44 am
    ***Xandra put a comforting hand on Mrs. Rose's shoulder and with a soothing smile said: ***

I don't know if we can do much to help you out, but we will never know unless you tell us what is wrong. That is, if you feel you can share it with us since we really just met you. If you can't share with us, that's ok too.

We are all friends here...right, Justin?
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:48 am
    Cyber

Cyber wondered why Xandra kept putting him on the spot like that. He fidgeted a little uncomfortably.

Uh, yeah. She's right. We're all friends here.

Cyber scratched his head and kind of looked away. He almost looked embarrassed.

...to the topTop

Posted by M (Member #386) on Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:07 pm
    Mrs. Rose

“Thank you so much, you’re both so kind.” Finally, Mrs. Rose smiled feeling a little more at ease.

Sensing the change of mood in his master, Cookie started to jump around wiggling its tail.

“Calm down, Cookie!” Said Mrs. Rose with a smile on his face. “It has been tough for him too. Anyway, please come in, we shouldn’t be talking on the door. I would really hate if the landlord heard about this.“

Still a little embarrassed, Mrs. Rose sat down. “The thing is that Harold, my late husband, did some serious mistakes with taxes and matters I really don’t understand much about. The thing is that yesterday I got a letter from Social Services telling me that they won’t be sending me more money… And I’m broke, we spent all of our savings traveling. Please don’t judge Harold, he wanted to give me the best of the world, and he did… But now… I don’t even have money to pay the rent…
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:15 pm
    ***Xandra walked in and sat down listening to Mrs. Rose's story. Xandra petted Cookie while she listened***

I'm quite sure Harold did the best he could to provide for you and Cookie so I won't hold anything against him.

Well, Mrs. Rose...maybe it's your lucky day and ours too. Justin and I are going to look at some new apartments and I've been told that rent is negotiable and incredibly, I've heard that sometimes the rent is free.

I don't know if that is true or not, but what can it hurt to go and find out?

You are welcome to come with us, if you'd like to.
    Posted by Mikhail (Member #594) on Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:44 pm
    The first quiet night Mikhail had in the past 15 years, and he could hardly sleep. He always expected to hear Xandra's radio next door or her friends driving by, or the sound of playing downstairs, but there was only silence. When he finally feel off to sleep his dreams were also a reason to keep him awake. He kept seeing Xandra flying around in some outrageously loud, skin-tight spandex costume, tearing lamp posts out of the ground, blasting holes in buildings, and having SAM rounds bounce off her like spitwads. The worst part was when he saw her, looming over her mother, eyes red with power and rage ready to disintegrate her like so much garbage. With a start Mikhail woke up just as she was about to deliver the killing blow. Putting a hand against his head, he muttered, "<Lord, give me strength to overcome my own mind's treachery...>"

Getting up he showered and ate a moderate breakfast, the thought of calling Xandra to see how she did on her first night alone in a new house. Then Mikhail thought better of it, best to let her alone now, work things out on her own or he would become the cranky curmudgeon that lives in the back of the neighborhood and would never give kids back their balls if they landed in his yard. Besides, he had a lot of work to do, he had to set up shop at the apartment building, but also there was that lead on last night's news. Putting on a nice dark brown suit with a gun holster under each shoulder, and a series of ID's provided by his employers, Mikhail hopped into his car and drove towards the southern suburbs.

After about an hour's drive, Mikhail arrived at River Vista Nursing Home which seemed like a nice enough white building built in a Southern style. Despite that, it simply sent shivers down Mikhail's spine. If there was one thing he could say was totally wrong about American culture was locking all the elders away in such places to die of loneliness. When he came to this country he did not know or mind it very much, but as the years piled on, he found he detested such places more and more. He even told Xandra if it got to the point that he would have to stay in a nursing home or die, to just shoot him in the head, at least that way it will be quick. Finding a parking spot, Mikhail took out a pair of sunglasses and put them on once out of the car, muttering, "<I wore a diaper once in my life, I do not wish to go through it again.>" Marching towards the back entrance, he could see the increased foot traffic from the police, crime scene investigators, coroners, and cleaning crews on the pavement. Going inside he noticed that all of the hallways were empty, the residents probably scared for their lives after what happened yesterday. Finding what looked like a front desk, Mikhail marched up and flipped open a wallet, "Lt. Lebowski, Racoon City Police Department, I'm here to do a follow up report about the murder yesterday."

A Smokin' Joe Production
    Posted by thehighway (Member #154) on Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
    Gallows

Gallows was out for a walk after his conversation with this idealistic millionaire. "It must be easier to be idealistic when you've got the money." Gallows had always made a sizable amount of money on each of his jobs, but he never seemed to keep his money. The agencies that had been tracking him were unable to discern where Gallows was spending hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. Most assumed that he spent the money on drugs, or had a ridiculously large stash somewhere. Neither school of thought was correct. Or at least, neither school was quite correct.

(OOC: sorry I haven't been around, everyone. Now I need to drag the Kat back, kicking and screaming. )

Is it too much to ask of people that they think while on the internet?
    Oh, ok. Sorry to waste your time.

As per demand- I'm a big SOB.
    Also, I'm part of the Slayers of Bedtime.
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:29 pm
    John Wayne Airport. Orange County, California. 39 Miles Southeast of Los Angeles.

Major Richard Stevens passed through airport security without much of a hassle. He hadn't traveled commercially in a long time, preferring to travel through military transports. A lot less expensive. But in this case he had to make an exception. He didn't know what Justin was thinking, running away from Mary like that. That boy needed to learn respect and obedience, or he will wind up in jail later. He's a bright boy, he just needed guidance.

Richard looked at the departure times, and noticed that his flight to Raccoon City was delayed. No departure time given yet. With a sigh, Richard walked over to the phone booths and picked up the phone to call his wife, to let her know of the delays.

Julie: Hello?

Richard: Hi, Hon. It's me. I was just calling to let you know that I'm at John Wayne now, and my flight to Raccoon City is delayed. Looks like I'll be camping out here at the airport for a while.

Julie: Oh no! Do you know how long the delay is?

Richard: Wish I did. Right now, all they're saying is that it's delayed. I'll let you know as soon as they post a departure time.

Julie: Ok. While you're waiting, you might want to call Colonel Maddox. He called here about half and hour ago looking for you. I told him you were on leave and we're heading out of town.

Richard was confused. Why would he be calling? Colonel Maddox was supposed to be in DC right now, and Richard was cleared for the time-off by his CO.

Richard: Colonel Maddox? Why would he be calling? Do you have a number for him?

Julie: It's 202-555-1324

Richard: Thanks, I'll give him a call. And I'll call you later, once I find out when my flight leaves.

Julie: Okay. I love you.

Richard: Love you, too, Babe.

With that, he hung up the phone, and looked at the phone number he wrote down. He wondered again why the Colonel would be trying to call him. The only thing he could do now was dial the number and find out what was going on.
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:32 pm
    Jack Trent

(Highway, since I was unsure when you'd be back, we set the meeting to be a flashback so people could get to the apartment)

Jack pulled up and got out.

"So business or translator first?"
    Posted by Lollipop (Member #204) on Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:09 pm
    Mr. Blakeley (nursing home administrator)
    As an orderly showed Mikhail into the office of Mr Blackley, he was talking on the phone. He motioned for the agent to sit.
    Just one minute he told Mikhail. and continued talking into the receiver.....
    No we don't have the resources for fresh fruit, What's wrong with tapioca pudding?....because they had it all last week.... they can't remember what they had last week!!! Anyway, talk to the nutritionist...and no...I will not allocate more funds. Mr Blakeley turned to Mikhail and gave him an earnest, concerned look.
    Oh, I am so glad that the department is following this up. A tragedy! My predecessor, Mr Greenley, was a wonderful man. He taught me everything I know, but not everything he knew. He was a great man. Devoted himself to taking care of the elderly! Did you know that this facility was not even attached to an HMO before he came along? He modernized the whole set up.
    Mother of Shuya, and wife of Griffintamer
    #1 Fan of Momo & Domo(RIP)
    #1 Fan of Byleth
    "It's not a Monster Movie. It's a Supernatural Thriller" - Johnny Depp playing Ed Wood.
    Posted by Mikhail (Member #594) on Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:33 pm
    Behind his sunglasses Mikhail's eyes twitched a bit at listening to the phone conversation. Bloody cheap bastard, silently he hoped that he would have 'question' this little dumbard sometime in the near future. Regardless about this, he had a job to do, "Of course Mr. Blakeley, I am sure Mr. Greenley was a great man. That is why I am here, to try and find who killed him and why?"

Without permission, Mikhail sat down in one of the chairs, noting that the cushioning was still rather springy, indicating they were new, or not used very often. "Now, what can you tell me about Mr. Greenly, Doctor Walbern, Orderly Ratchet, and all of the others who were so brutally slain? Did they play poker together, were involved in some business venture, or simply had anything to do with one of your p...patients?" He just refrained from saying prisoners, and waiting for a response, only his cold stony demeanor showing through.

A Smokin' Joe Production
    Posted by M (Member #386) on Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:03 pm
    Mrs. Rose

Somehow surprised by Xandra’s statement, Mrs. Rose opened her eyes wide when the girl mentioned something about free rent.

“Are you sure rent can be for free? That’s so not usual these days. And are you sure it’s not a homeless shelter? I mean, I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but I just can’t believe it!

Mrs. Rose was seriously interested in what Xandra was about to tell, when the telephone rang.

“Excuse me a second, please.”

She answered the phone and an even bigger surprise got drawn on her face.

“Daisy????” Covering the phone, she turned to Xandra and Cyber. “It’s my sister! It’s been ages since I last talked to her! We were not speaking to each other”

“What you mean, Daisy… un-hu… ohhh… that’s so sad… I’m really sorry. Really… Well, yes, I never got along with him but… Oohhh… Oh, my sweet baby… Well I should tell you then that I’m broke, really, as in ‘I’ll be off in the street by next month’… uh-hu… You can’t be serious Are you sure about this?…. Of course I would love to… Everything is going to be fine, Daisy, trust me. Nononono, you’re not alone… Okay. Tuesday? That’s perfect. Call me if you need anything.”

Mrs. Rose hung up the phone and she looked totally shocked .

Finally, sitting in front of Xandra and Cyber. “It was my sister. Her husband just passed away. She’s lonely, she’s rich and she wants to come live here with me. She can’t stand her house any longer.

“I told her I had some serious money problems and she couldn’t care less. She said she had money enough for her, for me and for whatever debts I could have.”

Exhausted, as if she had just run a 10 mile race, she leaned her head on the couch. “I guess I’m no longer broke…
    Posted by M (Member #386) on Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:19 pm
    Daniel X

Standing next to Jack Trent, Daniel stared at the building that was in front of him. He still wasn’t sure about this whole deal, he felt as if he was selling his soul or something like that.

At this moment, he would have given anything to be back home, with his family. Maybe his stepparents weren’t that bad after all. Okay, they were kinda cold, but every family has its thing. He missed his grandfather the most, that was for sure.

Jack was speaking something with the man they met at the caf, but Daniel just had had enough of trying to understand them.

That’s when it began, a tingling sensation all over his body, a sensation he was familiar with because it was the same he got when he first arrived here. After so long and so much time worrying, Daniel finally smiled.

%%I’M GOING HOME!!!!! %%, shouted Daniel in Spanish.

The tingling came all over him until he simply vanished, getting replaced with one of the most obnoxious teachers from his school at Sereno Valley...
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:55 am
    ***Xandra listened to Mrs. Rose's story and she was glad that this woman could be with her sister. Xandra knew they would be fine.***

Well, Mrs. Rose, it was nice meeting you and maybe one day we will run into each other again.

***Xandra bent over and scratched Cookie behind the ear***

Now, Cookie, please take care of Mrs. Rose.

***Xandra turned toward Justin***

Maybe we should leave now? Head to the apartment?

***Xandra walked towards the door and opened it, waiting for Justin to say goodbye and then she stood in the hallway outside of Mrs. Rose's apartment***
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:42 pm
    Cyber

Cyber was glad that the little conversation was over. Looked like everything was going to work out fine for Mrs. Rose. Now, he could only hope that things will work out fine for him as well.

Goodbye Rose. It was nice meeting you.

Cyber tried being polite, but it still did sound awkward to him. Mrs. Rose probably didn't even notice. Quickly, he tried to escape the room to avoid any further discomfort.

Let's go, Xandra.
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:47 pm
    ***Xandra closed the door behind them and she and Justin went downstairs and headed out to the street. The warm sun beamed down, even though there was still a slight chill in the air***

Well, let's go check this place out.

***They headed towards the direction of Apartment X***

((ooc: JAS you can lead them to the apartment if you want. I'll follow your lead))

Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:56 pm
    John Wayne Airport. Orange County, California. 39 Miles Southeast of Los Angeles.

Major Richard Stevens dialed the phone number given to him by his wife. He was curious why Colonel Maddox would want to speak to him. The Colonel was in Washington right now, in some top secret meeting. A receptionist answered the phone on the other end.

Richard: This is Major Stevens calling for Colonel Maddox.

Richard waited a moment, waiting for the Colonel to answer the other line.

Maddox: This is Colonel Maddox.

Richard: This is Major Stevens, Colonel. My wife informs me you were trying to call.

Maddox: Yes, Major, I was. I heard that you were going to Raccoon City to look for your missing son.

Richard was slightly confused. What was this about? He hadn't given all the details to his CO. How could the Colonel know about his departure to Raccoon City.

Richard: Well, yes, sir. I explained to Lt Colonel Tobin that I needed to take time off to deal with some family matters.

Maddox: Good. You will be serving a double purpose while you are there. Major Grame will be meeting you at Raccoon City airport to discuss the details.

Richard: But my son, Sir. It is very important that I find him. I was approved for the Leave of Absence.

Maddox: I understand your concern, Major. But I am making this an order. I have already made the arrangements to reimburse you for your travel expenses. You will meet with Major Grame at the airport. That is an order.

Richard wanted to reach through the phone and strangle his superior officer, but knew that it would do no good. He was given an order, and he had to follow through. At least the Colonel did say that he would be able to do both. Search for his son, and whatever task that the Colonel has planned.

Richard: Yes, Sir. I will look for Major Grame at Raccoon City Airport.

Maddox: Good. That is all, Major. Have a safe flight. You should be boarding soon.

Richard heard a click, and the line went dead. He turned and looked at the flight departures. True enough, he would be boarding his flight in a matter of moments. He made a quick call to his wife to let her know he was boarding, and then rushed to his gate, so he wouldn't miss the flight.
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:02 pm
    Cyber

Cyber smiled, realizing that they were on their way to Apartment X. He hoped the information was correct, that he would be able to stay there, free of charge. He knew there had to be some catch, but he would worry about that when the time came.

The day was a little warmer, but Cyber was still freezing. He still didn't understand how people could live and function in the constant cold. When he got his apartment, he would make sure that the temperature stayed at 80 degrees in his room.

In his mind, he could picture the directions from Xandra's apartment to Apartment X. Cyber led them easily through the streets to a new Apartment Building. The Trent Building.

Well, here we are. The Trent Building. Now all we need to do is find this Jack Trent person.

Not waiting for Xandra, Cyber eagerly and excitedly ran into the apartment building and looked for the manager's office.
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:26 pm
    Jack was sitting in his office looking over the latest batch of reports. A bit of an oddity in the employment department. Part of him was hoping that spanish speaking kid was OK. The other part was wishing for a large bottle of cognac because ot the lady the kid teleported to replace himself.

He leaned back to stretch when he heard the sounds of new arrivals. Heading out to meet them, he put on his best smile.

"Welcome. What can we do for you here?"
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:41 pm
    ***Xandra followed Justin to the manager's office - or at least what she thought was the manager's office. She saw a man stand up and speak to them***

Hi. I am Xandra Dimetran. We've come here looking for some apartments that we heard about.

***She reached out her hand to shake the man's hand...hoping against all hope that her nervousness didn't cause her power to kick in...luckily, so far...so good***
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:56 pm
    Jack shook her hand.

"Well that depends on what you've heard about these apartments."
    Posted by Lollipop (Member #204) on Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:24 pm
    Mr Blakeley

Mikhail wrote:
    Behind his sunglasses Mikhail's eyes twitched a bit at listening to the phone conversation. Bloody cheap bastard, silently he hoped that he would have 'question' this little dumbard sometime in the near future. Regardless about this, he had a job to do, "Of course Mr. Blakeley, I am sure Mr. Greenley was a great man. That is why I am here, to try and find who killed him and why?"

Without permission, Mikhail sat down in one of the chairs, noting that the cushioning was still rather springy, indicating they were new, or not used very often. "Now, what can you tell me about Mr. Greenly, Doctor Walbern, Orderly Ratchet, and all of the others who were so brutally slain? Did they play poker together, were involved in some business venture, or simply had anything to do with one of your p...patients?" He just refrained from saying prisoners, and waiting for a response, only his cold stony demeanor showing through.

They were...like a family. They were the core of this place. It's very heart. The man sniffed. And looked heartbroken.
    They are what made this place so great. Why did you know that b4 them, NO ONe wanted anything to do with this place? Now the investors won't stay away!
    #1 Fan of Byleth
    "It's not a Monster Movie. It's a Supernatural Thriller" - Johnny Depp playing Ed Wood.
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:17 am
    Cyber looked at Jack.

I've heard that these apartments were started by Jack Trent to help people who are a little different than everyone else. And that rent is negotiable. Am I right?
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:20 am
    Jack couldn't help but like this kid. He knew how to say the right things.

"You heard right. Are you two open minded or, and pardon such an over used term, gifted? Well, we are talking lets take it to my office."

Meanwhile across the street....

There was a man on the roof across the street. No one saw him because of the fact he was wearing a light refracting suit. It still didn't stop the occasional pigeon from taking a crap on him. Grumbling and cursing, he sent a call.

"Yeah, boss. He's at the apartment complex. No I don't think there is anything beneath the surface of the agenda he's promoting. However, someone has stirred up trouble a bit and the government is involved. Roger, continue observation and make sure he doesn't get to the truth."
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:52 am
    Lord Mattson wrote:
    Jack couldn't help but like this kid. He knew how to say the right things.

"You heard right. Are you two open minded or, and pardon such an over used term, gifted?

***she followed him back into the office***

Gifted? I'm not sure I would call it that, but maybe....

***Xandra didn't want to say too much about her 'gift' until she had a better idea of what was going on***
    Posted by Mikhail (Member #594) on Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:19 pm
    At the comment about the investors, Mikhail's eyebrows rose a little bit in interest, "So you would say that without them, this place would not be what it is today? Could you think of any major competitors who might hold a grudge against them for making this place such a success?" Giving a little sigh as he absent mindedly flips through the report folder, "Although the motive of an old business rival seems like the most logical explanation, one does have to wonder. From what I can tell from this it didn't seem all that well planed out, which is usually seen in premeditated murders such as this would be. No... this is something rather different." Closing the folder again he looks at Mr. Blakely, "I think I'm going to have to see the crime seen for myself to get a better idea on why this was done."

A Smokin' Joe Production
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:23 pm
    Cyber followed Jack.

Yeah, I guess you could say that I'm gifted.

Cyber could understand why Xandra was hesitant to call her ability a gift, recalling how she unintentionally walked through the bathroom door upon their first meeting.
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:17 pm
    Jack took a seat.

"Well, it goes like this. The apartment is designed to prove mutants and humans can co-exist peacefully. Ergo, making a profit on the place isn't my intention. There are a few simple forms, you have to fill out, but I'm sure you'll have a room in no time?"
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:23 pm
    Cyber took the form and a pen and looked it over. It was long and complex. He didn't know half this stuff. Employment history? He's never worked. And references? He had no idea who to use as a reference.

Um. Jack. Do we have to fill this whole thing out? I can give you my name, but the rest. Well. I've never worked, and I am a long way from where I used to live.
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:38 am
    Jack took a look at the form.

"oops. Thats the human form. Gotta screen a bit more carefully there. Had one idiot with a Unity try to sneak in already."

Rifles through the files.

"Ah here we go. Standard top, powers, and any known super powered being personally. And of course, weekly income."
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:57 am
    ***Xandra took the form and read it over...still not very sure about completing the form...but she knew that her rent from her old apartment was too much and she had to find a place to live....and free rent? This was almost too good to be true***

Hmmm....

***she thought about some more of the questions and finally filled out the form to the best of her knowledge and handed the form back to the manager***
    Posted by JAS4Yeshua (Member #80) on Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:04 am
    Cyber

Cyber looked over the new form. It wasn't quite as complex as the first, although still a lot of it had to be left blank. For his name, he put down "Cyber" adding Justin Matthews in paranthesis after, as more of an afterthought. He didn't have a job, so his income was zero. Powers? Well, he could enter the Internet and store the sites in his memory for later retrieval. So, for powers, he decided to write "Human Internet." Other people with powers? Well, the only one he knew was Xandra, so he put her name down. First name only, as he had no idea how to spell her last name. Once that was done, he handed the papers back to Jack.
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:18 pm
    Jack took the sheets and gave them a quick once over.

"Well this isn't a complete charity you know. Collage students should have a bit from financial aid to cover this. However, I do need a file clerk around the apartment."
    Posted by JAS4Yeshua (Member #80) on Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:37 am
    Cyber

Cyber knew it sounded too good to be true. Nothing is really free. But file clerk, that sounded like a bearable job. At least it would give him a place to stay. A place that would be accepting of his abilities.

File clerk. Does it involve computer filing? That would be my specialty.

"Especially if it is connected to the Internet," he thought.
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:55 am
    Jack nodded.

"Of course. Mostly its records and background checks on the tenets. Possibly a small amount of cross checking on some business files.

What about you Miss Xandra? Do you have outside income?

Oh, and you two only need one apartment right?"
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:53 am
    Lord Mattson wrote:
    Jack nodded.

"Of course. Mostly its records and background checks on the tenets. Possibly a small amount of cross checking on some business files.

What about you Miss Xandra? Do you have outside income?

I don't have any real income except for some savings. I could really use a job too.

Lord Mattson wrote:

Um...well...you see....um. NO. We are just friends, right Justin?
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:23 pm
    Cyber

Xandra wrote:
    Lord Mattson wrote:

Um...well...you see....um. NO. We are just friends, right Justin?
    Uh, yeah, what she said.
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:12 pm
    Jack Trent knew he had goofed.

"Oops. Sorry. I thought you two were a couple."

He flips through a few papers.

"Now, lets see. What do I have? Most of the maintenance and cleaning positions are covered already. I think I've got a contact at the cafe next door."
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:36 am
    Lord Mattson wrote:
    Jack Trent

"Now, lets see. What do I have? Most of the maintenance and cleaning positions are covered already. I think I've got a contact at the cafe next door."

I wouldn't mind working at this cafe...if that is ok? I'm a pretty good cook and waitress...I don't know what kind of job it is, but right now, just about anything would work for me.

So, Mr. Trent - what kind of job is it?
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:01 pm
    Cyber

Cyber nodded his head when Jack apologized and listened to Jack offer Xandra the job at the cafe. Who knows, maybe that meant he could get some free food or drinks sometimes? He was more concerned, though, with getting a nice apartment, and getting his job started, so he could get onto the Internet again. He hated not being on the Internet. Cyber sat back and tried to relax, waiting for everything to get worked out with Jack.
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:23 pm
    Jack pulled out his cell.

"Hey, you still hunting for an employee? Willing to take a mutant? Uhuh, nothing destructive. Come on give me some credit. I wouldn't send you some dork who has to wear glasses or he shoots deathbolts from his eyes. Right. I'll tell her to drop off an app. Keep me a fresh danish for later. Catch ya."

He hangs up.

"I made it a point to study the area before setting up the apartment. The cafe owner is very open minded and is expecting a business increase so you should be able to get in.

"Now you probably want room features. Local phone lines are connected. Long distance gets added to the bill. Cable is connected mostly because I wanted it for my computers. Basic bedding and dressers are in. Its up to you to handle any alterations you want. And I suggest a new mattress at the least. The standard ones are rock hard. Any calls to the office will be forwarded to my cell in case I'm not around. The cleaning schedule is on the wall.

"And I don't encourage costumed insanity but please give me plausible deniability unless some lunatic is going to show here and trash the place."
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:24 am
    I will stop by the cafe later and see if I qualify for the job.

But I am so excited right now...what apartment number will be mine?

***Xandra tries to maintain her excitement because she doesn't want her power to kick in...they know she is a mutant but she still doesn't feel very comfortable with her powers...***

Plus, I need to see if I can get my deposit back from my old place. I was only there a few days and I hope the landlord liked me enough to refund some of my money...
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:44 pm
    Jack checked another paper.

"Lets see apartment 7 and 8 are open."
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:35 pm
    Cyber

Cyber smiled, realizing he was just about to get his apartment. And, as luck would have it, Xandra would be his next door neighbor. In addition, the place was wired for high-speed Internet. Now all he needed was a good computer to hook up, and he will be surfing again in no time.

Cool! I'd like #8. Seven is the number of perfection. I can't take that number, because it'll mean certain failure.

((OOC: Ok, so I decided to make Cyber a little superstitious, in a weird twisted sort of way. ))
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:02 pm
    ***Xandra looked at Cyber with his superstitious ways and she decided to take apartment 7***

Thanks!!

***speaking to Justin***

Pretty cool, huh? We get to be neighbors!

***speaking to Mr Trent***

May we go look at our new apartments now?
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:37 pm
    Jack nodded.

"Of course. And let me know if you need anything. I suspect there are a couple of others who will begin trickling in any time now."
    Posted by Lollipop (Member #204) on Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:33 pm
    Thing watched the first two tenants, a boy and girl a couple of years younger then her, walk in the door. The girl had a few things with her. Particularly a stuffed bear, which she dropped.
    Hi I'm Lean! I don't think you want to loose this cutie! Thing swiftly put a surveillance device into the toy. I work here, so if you need anything, just let me know. OK?
    #1 Fan of Byleth
    Posted by Lollipop (Member #204) on Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:42 pm
    Mr Blakeley

Mikhail wrote:
    At the comment about the investors, Mikhail's eyebrows rose a little bit in interest, "So you would say that without them, this place would not be what it is today? Could you think of any major competitors who might hold a grudge against them for making this place such a success?" Giving a little sigh as he absent mindedly flips through the report folder, "Although the motive of an old business rival seems like the most logical explanation, one does have to wonder. From what I can tell from this it didn't seem all that well planed out, which is usually seen in premeditated murders such as this would be. No... this is something rather different." Closing the folder again he looks at Mr. Blakely, "I think I'm going to have to see the crime seen for myself to get a better idea on why this was done."
    _________________.

There are several companies that have been acquired by us unwillingly. But Iam quite sure they are happy now. People just take a bit of time to get used to new things. That's all. You know all the victims were my friends. We were all hired by Mr. Greenley. After the old director retired, about time, too. He was as old as some of the patients, and completely not in touch with the times. Mr. Greenley came and downsized the staff a bit. Then he hired some forward thinking people to usher in the new streamlined facility. The way you see it now. I was supposed to be in that meeting alsoMr Blakeley shuddered. The truth was that his mistress happened to have a free slot in her day. I was buying a present for my dear wife, it is our anniversary next week..
    #1 Fan of Byleth
    Posted by Mikhail (Member #594) on Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:11 pm
    Mikhail nodded at Mr. Blakely's explanation of the circumstances of their death. "Yes it was rather lucky you were not there," He said trying not to sneer at the comment. "Could you indulge me what was discussed at this meeting, something that someone would not wish to be put into effect?" Shifting through the papers again, looking at a few of the pictures of the crime scene, he came across one of what was until recently Mr. Greenly. Something was odd about the way he was killed, he was not the most brutally mangled of the victims, but there was something odd about the way he was positioned. At first it looked like a fetal position, indicating that perhaps he was slashed and left to slowly bleed to death, but the amount of blood right where the wounds were discounted that. Instead, it looks like his neck was broken not just to kill him, but to give him added flexibility to put his head almost up his @ss. Putting it down he turned back to the current director, "Have there been any vieament complaints by your customers? Could I have a list of all of the tenants who recently passed away last week?"

A Smokin' Joe Production
    Posted by Lollipop (Member #204) on Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:16 pm
    Mr. Blakeley
    Why yes, I can tell you the agenda from memory. Our tenants were allowed to keep pets by the old director. Can you imagine! PETS. You could tell he hated animals The fur! The allergies. The dirt. And the possible cost to the walls and the carpets. Well, you can imagine we were setting that policy to rights. Of course the residents complained. It is for their own good, of course. They don't need that kind of exertion, or filth in their midst. But, people hate change, even though we must embrace it ...that was Mr Greenley's motto, by the way. He wiped his eyes sentimentally with a hanky. That was the meeting. And I can give you a list of vacancies. Here is a list of the residents that occupied them. I believe they have all passed on. Three vacancies in the past five months. A Mrs. Cardwell, A Mr. Pensey and Sills. Mrs Cardwell won't be missed, she was the worst. Just refused to embrace change!!
    They walk to the crime scene, a meeting room further in the administrative section of the home. The administrative offices take up roughly the same amount of space as the living quarters for the elderly. A few floors down, they enter a very posh meeting space. The carpet is a rich plum, already new from the time of the crime, probably because the old one was stained, the huge long table is of a crosscut wood, so no seams show. A valuable painting, possibly a Kandinsky is hung on the wall.
    We just paid to have this room redone sighed Blakeley. My only consolation is that Mr. Greenley was here in this beautiful room we designed together when his untimely end came. Please detective, catch the people responsible! They robbed the world of a great visionary!
    #1 Fan of Byleth
    Posted by Mikhail (Member #594) on Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:17 am
    Listening the few patents who passed away recently, the first one drew his interest. "If you would Mr. Blakely, I would like the file you have for all of those three, especially Mrs. Cardwell. What exactly do you mean that she was totally against change? Was she a particularly troublesome tenant?"

Heading down to the scene of the crime Mikhail looked about the place for anything that might give him a clue about who did this, but that didn't seem like a real possibility. The cleaners have already been here and replaced everything stained or damaged from the crime. Sighing a bit, he started to make his way about the room looking for anything the cleaners might have missed. He only half heartedly listened to the arrogant little snot secretly wishing that he would find a very lengthy and painful audit of this place in the near future. Looking under the table, he found something wedged into one of the cracks connecting the base with the counter. Reaching out he pulled out a piece of thin pink rubber out of it, looking at it from different angles, Mikhail took out a sandwich baggie and put it inside. "I would not worry about that Mr. Blakeley, I shall do my best to catch the monster who did this. But if I can get copies of those records, I will get out of your hair and get on with my investigation."

A Smokin' Joe Production
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:27 am
    Lollipop wrote:
    Thing watched the first two tenants, a boy and girl a couple of years younger then her, walk in the door. The girl had a few things with her. Particularly a stuffed bear, which she dropped.
    Hi I'm Lean! I don't think you want to loose this cutie! Thing swiftly put a surveillance device into the toy. I work here, so if you need anything, just let me know. OK?

Hi Lean!! I'm Xandra.

***Xandra hadn't realized that Mr. Ruxpin had fallen out of her backpack but Lean was pleasant enough to hand back this valuable teddy to Xandra***

Thanks! Mr. Ruxpin has a mind of his own sometimes. This is my friend, Justin ***she points to Justin***

He is in apartment 8 and I am in apartment 7. Could you show us the way and give us our keys?

Are there some papers we need to sign or something?
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:34 am
    Cyber

Cyber grinned a little uncomfortably. He was anxious to get to his apartment.

Hello, Lean.

Looks at the keys in his hand, and realized that he had taken Xandra's keys by mistake, in addition to his own. He handed them to Xandra.

Whoops. I took both sets of keys by mistake. Here're your keys. Sorry.

...to the topTop

Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:25 am
    ***Xandra takes the keys from Justin***

Thanks!! Are you ready to go look at our new homes?
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:36 am
    Cyber

"New home." Cyber liked the sound of that. True, it wasn't a house, but it was his first place. He was surprised, though, that he was able to get it. Any other place, he'd be considered too young. Heck, he wasn't even old enough to drive yet.

Yeah, sounds great! Race you!

As soon as he said it, he started off in a sprint, running down the hall.
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:00 am
    ***Xandra took off running too, but she could see Justin pulling ahead of her in the foot race so she sped up. Not being the most coordinated of people, she tripped over her own feet and flew towards a hard brick wall.

Xandra covered her head right before the point of impact and closed her eyes, but there was no pain.

She opened her eyes and looked up at apartment #7. Apparently her powers had kicked in and she phased through the dividing wall.***

Oops...

***she could hear Justin rounding the corner now and she looked up at him***
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:53 am
    Cyber

Cyber smiled realizing he was in the lead. He knew he would win the race. When he turned the corner, and saw Xandra was already there, he knew what happened.

Hey! No fair! You cheated!

Cyber folded his arms in front of his chest and glared at Xandra.
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:04 am
    But...but...I didn't cheat!

I was running and I tripped and my powers are all wonky...you know that, Justin.

I don't have much control over them....I swear I didn't use my powers on purpose....

***she stood up and looked at Justin***

Forgive me?
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:09 am
    Cyber

Cyber smiled. He couldn't help that. He seemed to have been smiling a lot more lately. Xandra was definitely fun to be around.

Okay. As long as your powers don't get zonked and you wind up going through the wall into my room, I think it'll be fine.

Cyber playfully stuck out his tongue.
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:30 am
    Thanks, Justin.

So...what are we waiting for?

***she took her key and put it in the door and looked over at Justin***

On the count of three..ok?

1, 2, 3

***she began to unlock her door***
    Posted by Lollipop (Member #204) on Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:25 pm
    Mr Blakely

Mikhail wrote:
    Listening the few patents who passed away recently, the first one drew his interest. "If you would Mr. Blakely, I would like the file you have for all of those three, especially Mrs. Cardwell. What exactly do you mean that she was totally against change? Was she a particularly troublesome tenant?"
    Heading down to the scene of the crime Mikhail looked about the place for anything that might give him a clue about who did this, but that didn't seem like a real possibility. The cleaners have already been here and replaced everything stained or damaged from the crime. Sighing a bit, he started to make his way about the room looking for anything the cleaners might have missed. He only half heartedly listened to the arrogant little snot secretly wishing that he would find a very lengthy and painful audit of this place in the near future. Looking under the table, he found something wedged into one of the cracks connecting the base with the counter. Reaching out he pulled out a piece of thin pink rubber out of it, looking at it from different angles, Mikhail took out a sandwich baggie and put it inside. "I would not worry about that Mr. Blakeley, I shall do my best to catch the monster who did this. But if I can get copies of those records, I will get out of your hair and get on with my investigation."

Yes, I certainly have business to attend to! I will get those files ready, too. As for Mrs. Cardwell. Well yes, she was a terrible tenant. She was told by the old director, she could have a pet. A ugly frey cat, as old as herself. And when she found out she couldn't have it, there was hell to pay. And her grand daughter! She was always here asking about this and that. ..Anyway, I certainly don't think that little slip of a girl could do it!
    #1 Fan of Byleth
    Posted by Mikhail (Member #594) on Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:46 am
    Standing up straight, Mikhail put the bag with the pink rubber in the folder with the rest of the information about this case. "Well Mr. Blakely, I do not think it was a matter of someone going into a blind rage now. I think this was definitely premeditated and probably set into place long before the meeting. Given enough time and resources, a 90 lbs. girl could definitely find a way to kill a 250 lbs. bodybuilder. If my work in this field has taught me anything is that nobody is safe, no matter what you do to protect yourself, there will always be a way around and right to your throat."

Putting the file under his arm, he followed the manager back to his office to collect the files, shaking the repulsive man's hand as hard as he can, the Russian gave him a slight smile. "Well thank you for your help Mr. Blakely, and just hope I do not have to come here again." With the data about the various patients added to the expanding file, Mikhail got into his stationwagon and drove off. "<Money grubbing toad...>" Was the only thing the secret agent could comment about the nursing home manager as he drove further into town.

A Smokin' Joe Production
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:20 am
    Xandra wrote:
    Thanks, Justin.

So...what are we waiting for?

***she took her key and put it in the door and looked over at Justin***

On the count of three..ok?

1, 2, 3

***she began to unlock her door***

Cyber

Justin smiled and put his key in the door to "his" apartment. When Xandra said three, he opened his door at the same time Xandra opened hers. Before walking in, he looked over at Xandra.

If you need anything, I'll be right next door.

Cyber smiled at Xandra's reply ((OOC: Whatever response Xandra posts. )) and walked into "his" apartment. He turned on the lights and looked around.

The apartment was sparsely decorated. It looked like a lot of old "hand-me-down" furniture. An old couch, TV, kitchen table, four chairs, fridge, bed and dresser. He didn't see a microwave or a computer, which he was disappointed about.

Cyber looked in the kitchen cupboards. There were some old, yellow-colored dinner plates, and some rainbow-colored glasses that looked like they were older than he was. He found some ancient silverware, and some old pots and pans. But, as was to be expected, not one piece of food in the entire place, and he was getting pretty hungry too.

With a sigh, Cyber went into the bedroom and jumped onto the bed. Jack was right, it was hard, but compared to sleeping on the ground, like he had over the past few days, it was as comfortable as ever.

Cyber smiled, realizing he finally had his own place. Just how he would live without food or a computer was another problem. He wasn't worried at this moment, though, he was too content to be in his own place.
    Posted by Jas's Faces (Member #461) on Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:33 am
    Raccoon City Airport.

Richard managed to catch his flight as the final boarding call was being made. After a brief lay-over in Denver, Richard finally managed to arrive in Raccoon City. He wasn't looking forward to this meeting with Major Grame. It was just another distraction in his search for his adopted son.

As Richard was down at the baggage claim, an Air Force major and an airman walked up to him.

Grame: Major Richard Stevens? I am Major Donald Grame.

Richard: Good to meet you Major. Colonel Maddox told me to expect you. Would you mind telling me what this is about?

Grame: All in good time Major. The Airman will collect your luggage and have them delivered to your hotel. Would you mind coming with me?

Richard: Look, I was approved for my leave of absence and I am here looking for my son. Can we make this quick?

Grame: (Hands Richard a sealed envelope.) Your leave has been officially cancelled major. You will still be given the opportunity to look for your son, but I don't have to remind you what your first duty is.

Richard opened the envelope. It was official orders from Colonel Maddox. Looks like his plans were changed on him. Sometimes he wondered why he even stayed in the military. They pulls tricks like this often on him.

Richard: I haven't had the opportunity to find my hotel yet.

Grame: Already taken care of. Now, would you mind coming with me now?

Richard realized there was nothing more that he could say. Orders were orders.

Richard: Very well, Major. I'm coming.

Richard followed Major Grame to the car, wondering what this was all about. He supposed he would find out soon enough.
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:50 pm
    ***Xandra smiled back at Justin and she walked into her apartment and closed the door behind her***

Wow. This isn't so bad.

***Xandra looked around the place. There was one small bedroom that had a full sized mattress and a small dresser and an old desk. The room was kind of musty, so Xandra opened a window to let the cold breeze flow through and air out the place.

There was a small bathroom off to the side of the bedroom. A small tub with no shower was in the middle of the room. A small sink and a medicine cabinet was on the wall opposite the door.

The small living room had a love seat, a small recliner and an old black and white tv.

The kitchen was small but usable. A small metal table with 2 chairs set next to the pantry. There was a small stove and a sink on the opposite wall from the pantry***

Not too bad....not too bad at all....
    Posted by Lollipop (Member #204) on Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:49 am
    Thing
    She idly wondered...which one to kill first. Not too soon, or she would spook the prey. Probably the girl. Then she could watch the boy wonder if he could have done anything to prevent it.
    #1 Fan of Byleth
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:07 am
    ***Xandra went around the apartment wiping off cobwebs and dust with an old cloth she found in the kitchen. She had also propped up Mr. Ruxpin on the kitchen cabinet to keep her company***

Well, Mr. Ruxpin, what do you think? Not too shabby, huh?

***the old, worn out teddy bear just sat on the counter and with a blank expression on its face, but it comforted Xandra to no end***

I agree, Mr. Ruxpin - it needs some touch ups here an there, but it will make a nice place for us. Plus, I need to go back to my other place and get my stuff. And maybe get our deposit back. Plus, I need to get my phone to hook into my new place here so I can call poppa.

***the bear sat motionless, hard, black plastic eyes of nothingness stared intently back at Xandra***
    Posted by Cyber (Member #923) on Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:23 pm
    ((And here's Cyber. ))

It didn't take long for Cyber to become bored in his room. With no computer, time was moving at a snails pace. And Cyber was starting to get hungry again. Sighing, Cyber got up off the bed and left his apartment, locking the door behind him.

Hey, Xandra, you in there?

Cyber asked as he knocked on the door.
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:17 am
    ***Xandra heard knocking at the door***

What is this? My first visitor to my new place?

***Xandra ran to the door knowing full well who it was, but she looked out the peephole just to be sure***

We don't want any. I have enough encyclopedias as it is...
    Posted by Cyber (Member #923) on Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:24 am
    Come on Xandra! It's me, Justin!
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:26 am
    Justin? Justin who?

Posted by Cyber (Member #923) on Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:28 am
    Ha, ha! Very funny!

Cyber said sarcastically, putting his hands on his hips.

Come on, open up!
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:41 am
    ***Xandra could barely open the door cause she was giggling so hard, but she managed to open the door***

Come on in!! It's been so long since we've seen each other! How's the wife and kids?

***she could barely control her laughter now***
    Posted by Cyber (Member #923) on Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:18 am
    Cyber smiled.

Alright. You're funny. Ha, ha.

Cyber entered Xandra's apartment.

So this is your new apartment, huh? Nice. A little different furniture, but it's cool.

After taking a look around the apartment, he looks back at Xandra.

So, what are you up to now? Got any plans?
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:30 am
    Um...let's see...

I need to go by the old apartment to get my deposit back and get the rest of my stuff.

Then, maybe not today, but I need to check on that job that Mr. Trent talked about.

What about you?

So, what does your apartment look like?
    Posted by Mikhail (Member #594) on Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:55 pm
    Getting the files, Mikhail heads back to the nearest police crime laboratory with his clue. After parking, he opened the glove compartment and looked for the proper ID to pose as a detective. Stepping out of his car and into the station, he makes a bee line right for the laboratory, not bothering with anything else. Once at the evidence counter, he put the baggie with the weird rubber in it infront of the clerk and showing his badge. "Detective Hergal, I've just been assigned to that nursing home massacre."

"Ah," The clerk behind it commented, "Yea, I heard about that. Must be a real psycho who would want to kill those white bread managers, especially in such a way..."

"Well that's just what I'm trying to find out," Mikhail said leaning on the counter, "I would like to get some chemical composition and trace who made it. Some sort of ballistics might be needed to. Found it wedged between the cracks of a table. When you find something, call me at this number," He said slipping two pieces of paper, one with a cell phone number he has and the other a form filled out in advance for submitting evidence to be examined at this particular situation.

Once finished Mikhail went back to the office to get suited up and ready to head out into the actual firing line.

A Smokin' Joe Production
    Posted by Cyber (Member #923) on Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:41 pm
    My apartment's cool, but it needs a television and a computer. Especially a computer. Oh, and soda and food would be good too.

Cyber's stomach growls as he said that, he tried to ignore it.

But, I'm bored now, so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me joining you when you go back to your old apartment. I could help you get the rest of your stuff. As long as I don't have to talk to that annoying manager jerk again.
    Jas's Faces
    Posted by Xandra (Member #479) on Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:44 pm
    Sure, Justin. Just let me lock up and we can leave.

***Xandra got her keys off of the table and spoke to Mr. Ruxpin***

Now, Mr. Ruxpin you watch our new home until I get back. And no parties..you hear me?

***Xandra turned to Justin...***

Well, let's go.

***They both stepped out of her apartment and she locked the door behind them***

...to the topTop

Posted by pennywise (Member #68 ) on Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:52 pm
    ((ooc: Is this SL still going on? Or is it on hold for some reason?))
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:56 pm
    (I've been waiting to a degree for the others who expressed interest but haven't shown for the most part.)
    Posted by pennywise (Member #68 ) on Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:58 pm
    ((ooc: Thanks, LM - I kind of thought that but I wasn't sure if I had missed something or not...it's ok by me if this SL is on hold for awhile, but I was just kind of...you know...wonderin' what was goin' on here ))
    Posted by JAS4Yeshua (Member #80) on Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:32 am
    ((....))
    -- Come and join the fun.
    Posted by JAS4Yeshua (Member #80) on Fri May 14, 2004 8:44 am
    JAS4Yeshua wrote:
    ((.....))

-- Come and join the fun.
    Posted by Blinks (Member #271) on Fri May 14, 2004 5:01 pm
    ((I started this thread. Of course it must die. Silly monkeys. ))
    _ .\ \ ..: .__, :.../ / _
    Posted by Blinks (Member #271) on Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:48 pm
    ((So did anyone actually want to continue this thing and move it to Jason's boards or what? We could always get new people in on it if most of the original posters have largely disappeared. I was waiting for the apartment to actually open its doors for business before posting again, but we could fast forward the story a bit if we have to. What say you all?))
    Posted by Dave Joll (Member #14) on Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:47 pm
    (( I think Jason has this story archived on his web site along with the other storylines, so all you would need to do (if that is the case) is post on Jason's forum and ask OOC if anyone is interested in carrying it onwards. If they are, then a quick summary and a link to the archive should be all you need.

Hmmm... now you've got me thinking up a character idea, you horrible person, you... my main problem is to figure out how to get him to America for the storyline. (I know better than to try writing any American characters...) I take it the setting is Marvel-Earth United States? ))

I am in shape. Round is a shape.
    Posted by Blinks (Member #271) on Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:27 pm
    ((Yeup. Should say somewhere where it takes place.))
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12