Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: World of Enkar

Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 17th September 2007, 10:51 AM
    Nairon sent the blue blast at Shadow and N'ashi, which N'ashi countered with the same one. However, Nairon's was a bit stronger and it grezed N'ashi's shoulder. Shadow dismounted. "I'll attack, get behind him and use your horn..." Shadow whispered, holding his sword ready.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th September 2007, 12:49 PM
    Tolri nodded and after a few moments, she and N'rainor slipped into the foliage, keeping as quiet as possible. "Keep an eye out for danger, N'rainor." Tolri said, keeping a firm hold on her bow. N'rainor nodded his agreement and scanned the nearby foliage, looking for any sign of the men that had been with Nairon.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 17th September 2007, 01:17 PM
    The men that were visible that Nairon had commanded to attack, were battling Nolion and Naza. Percilla followed Talendra. Naza was riding Corry.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th September 2007, 01:38 PM
    Talendra continued to tighten her circle. She was about to conclude the men fighting Nolion and Naza were all that were left of Nairon's men, when one surprised her by leaping down on her dragging her from N'yola's back. She twisted in midair to make sure she landed on top, letting her weight knock the breath from the attacker. Talle rolled up to her feet, then charged drawing her sword and screaming a challenge at him.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 17th September 2007, 02:35 PM
    An arrow zoomed out of the trees, just as Naza finished off two of the three men. The other one was fighting Nolion. The arrow thudded into Naza's chest. the archer that fired it quickly notched another arrow and fired at Corry, quickly sending another after it. The two arrows hit on of the horse's vidal spots. Both horse and rider fell. Naza stared up at the sky, barely thinking anything...he was just alying there staring at the sky...

((Da da da da! Opening for Link, he can attack the archer that attacked Naza and Corry.))
    Posted by Link (Member #13290) on 19th September 2007, 05:43 PM
    Kilik ran as fast as he could towards the man; the bow was drawn back and ready to release at any moment. Kilik however slightly mistook a step, tripping over a root sticking out out of the ground. He regained himself and bolted forward again but it was too late, the arrow had flown. Kilik leaped at the bowman and using a large amount of force cracked the man's head with his staff. Then whirled the staff in a horizontal swing right at the man's throat. He dropped down limply with little sound.

He looked to where he was shooting. Was that a horse down?!
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th September 2007, 05:52 PM
    The man rolled up, still fighting for air but glaring at Talendra. She swung and he met her with his own sword. The two swords sang in the foliage. N'yola was trying to get turned around to help but was finding the foliage too dense to get through quickly. She had to jump and mash down some of it to simply get enough room to begin maneuvering in. The sound of the swords clashing behind her made her more frantic.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th September 2007, 06:30 PM
    Tolri and N'rainor were still scanning the foliage around them when Talle's screamed challenge reached her ears. "I think that was Talle!" Tolri told N'rainor. Without a word, N'rainor turned and started to make his way toward where Talle and N'yola were. As they neared, Tolri jumped down and said, "N'rainor, why don't you see if you can help N'yola, and I'll see what I can do to help Talle." N'rainor nodded in agreement and circled around to try to help N'yola. Tolri continued on toward where Talle and the man was and climbed a tree. Taking careful aim, she released her arrow, intentionally missing the man, but hoping to divert his attention enough so that Talle could get the upper hand.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th September 2007, 09:15 PM
    Talendra took note of the arrow but kept her eyes on her opponent. His attention was not diverted by the arrow. This helped Talendra see she was up against a battle-seasoned warrior. He pressed her a little then backed off.
    'Ah... he is judging me now... this one is dangerous, he knows something about technique...'
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 20th September 2007, 11:10 AM
    Nolion cried out in shock as Naza fell, his attention on the soldier currently gone. The soldier took the chance and stabbed at Nolion's gut. It got his side. Nolion screamed at him and swung his sword around, slashing through the man's head. His body twitched and his eyes blinked before his body realized the brain had been sliced in two. The corpse fell to the ground.

Naza did not move his eyes in any other direction. He knew he was slowly dying....was this the end for him? It appeared so...

Shadow ran forward. "You are PATHETIC" Nairon laughed, drawing his own sword. He blocked a blow from Shadow. They exchanged blows, N'ashi sneaking behind the trees. He walked up behind Nairon, and then tried to stab him with his horn. Nairon jumped and avoided it, and roleld on the gound as he landed. "Nice try..." He grinned. Shadow barely dodged N'ashi's horn. N'ashi sent the blue blast at Nairon. Nairon coutnered it with his own. As soon as both blasts died down, Nairon glanced at where Naza and a certain horse lay, the horse dead and the elf dying. "I do believe they've made progress...one of your stupid comrades just fell." Nairon smirked. Shadow attacked.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st September 2007, 09:08 AM
    The man grinned at Talendra. "So... thought you could face real skilled warriors huh? I was there... I saw you training. Your father was an idiot training a girl... you haven't the strength of a man! You can't fight against us!" He taunted her. Talendra tried to remember the face but couldn't. So, this one knew some of her techniques as well... Talle grinned, not all of them though! Blade had taught her many new techniques! Talle simply smiled.
    "So you knew my father... SO WHAT?" Talendra guarded as the man pressed her a little but she knew he was not ready for his full scale attack yet. She moved around him trying to divert his attention from Tolri. If she could make him forget about her maybe Tolri could get a good shot at his back.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st September 2007, 09:38 AM
    "It's hopeless, Shadow. I am stronger than I ever was." Nairon pushed Shadow back with a spell, along with a raging unicorn. N'ashi glared at Nairon. "All of those soldiers? I killed them. I drain power. I'm much stronger than you now. You're going to die..." Nairon grinned.

Nolion knelt next to Naza. "Father?" Naza shifted his slowly dying eyes to look at Nolion. "Nolion....finish our mission. I'm sorry I couldn't...last lon...ger.." Naza's pulse was gone, he had stopped breathing, he was dead...

Percilla yelped as she fell to her ground, her sword landing somewhere. the soldier she had been fighting pointed it at her neck. "Now now girlie..be serious. A girl can't use a sword!" The soldier said.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 24th September 2007, 08:17 AM
    Talendra charged in looking to the man's left then suddenly switched at the last moment to sidestep and attack from the right. The attack worked for the man had assumed her attack was coming from that side and he moved to slow to counter her on the other side. Talendra's sword's blow went through the leather strap of his armor and it's force knocked the armor plate away. Her sword bit deep into the man's flesh and between the bones of his ribcage to deliver damage to his vital organs. He cried out in pain, his eyes filling with battle lust. He grunted and tried to swing at her but she was unharmed and danced back out of his way easily.
    "Pardon me, now you were saying...?" Talendra prompted him as if they were having a leisurely conversation. She tilted her head at him innocently.
    Posted by Link (Member #13290) on 13th October 2007, 09:23 PM
    Kilik saw Percilla in peril. He ran to the soldier as quickly as he could and when he was close enough to divert the soldier's attention he let out a battle cry.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 14th October 2007, 04:18 PM
    ((Say that rhymes nice Percilla in Peril~~~ The song, the movie, the annoying little jail book, the foul smelling perfume and cologune!))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 14th October 2007, 10:14 PM
    Talendra would have been able to handle the man except he did the one thing that drew her attention away from the battle. He withdrew a dagger and threw it into N'yola's flank! As her bonded screamed in pain, Talendra was momentarily taken off guard and her opponent slammed his sword into her arm. Her elven armor held but that didn't stop the impact of the sword from causing her arm to explode with instant agony. Talendra screamed too, partly in anger- partly from pain. The man grinned and raised his sword to end her life.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 14th October 2007, 10:21 PM
    Tolri was still sitting in the tree and quickly nocked another arrow and carefully aimed for where she thought would be a weakness before letting it fly at the man who threatened Talle.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 14th October 2007, 10:34 PM
    The area where the armor plate was hanging loose left Tolri's arrow a good target. As the shaft thunked into his flesh, his eyes went wide. He tried to continue his downward swing to kill Talendra.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 14th October 2007, 10:38 PM
    Don't these guys ever give up? Tolri thought as she nocked another arrow, aimed, and let it fly.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 15th October 2007, 07:49 AM
    the impact of this arrow spun him around and his blow didn't land full force on Talendra. She was able to roll away from him in that second. When the blow did land it simply struck her armor, leaving her a bruise to deal with later but she still had her head! Talendra shoved her blade up under his armor and it entered under his ribcage at such an angle as to instantly pierce the clod's heart. Talle saw the realization hit the man that he had been dealt a fatal blow.
    "A good soldier is always learning and improving their skills. How's THAT for a girl?" She growled at him as he died.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 15th October 2007, 04:28 PM
    Tolri swung out of the tree and ran over to Talle when she saw the man fall. "Are you alright, Talle?" she asked with concern, trying to see if there were any apparent injuries.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 15th October 2007, 04:31 PM
    Naza's eyes went stone like, he was dead. Nolion was gone, the soldier he was fighting still there, as well as Nolion's horse. Nolion lay in a ditch down a hill, a dagger in his gutt. He cursed under his breath.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 16th October 2007, 05:37 PM
    "Yes... let's get to N'yola! She's hurt!" Talendra cried and struggled to her feet. She was bruised mightily but she would live. She was concerned about N'yola.

The dagger was sunk into the Chevros' flank deep. She was smart to stand absolutely still, preventing any further injury. She trembled with the effort to remain still while her bonded fought for her life but thanks to Tolri, her bonded was alive!
    'Talendra? I know you are hurting but there are no major injuries? I fear we have lost some of our party... ' Talendra stopped, her face frozen.
    "Wha... WHO?" she demanded out loud.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 16th October 2007, 06:52 PM
    Tolri was standing near Talle and asked, "Talle? What is it?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 16th October 2007, 06:59 PM
    Talendra could feel the agony within her bonded. Talendra shook her head. "Where N'yola? XAVIER!!! HELP!" Talendra shouted at the top of her lungs. She ran through the heavy foliage in the direction N'yola gave her mind until she came to Naza. Sinking to her knees Talle tried to find a pulse a faint heart beat, anything but she knew he was gone.
    "Naza? Naza... " Talendra raised her eyes to see Nolion's still form lying a little distance away. "Nolion? No...NO!" She screamed furiously. She jumped up and ran to check his vitals.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 16th October 2007, 07:05 PM
    Tolri followed after Talle and her shoulders sagged at the sight of Naza and Nolion. She wondered if there was anything she could do to help, so she followed Talle over to Nolion. "Talle? Is there anything I can do?" she asked softly.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 16th October 2007, 07:19 PM
    "Find Polli... she will be hiding somewhere. Morphans are terrified of such violence." Talendra responded, her tone flat and unemotional.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 16th October 2007, 07:34 PM
    Tolri nodded and went in search of Polli, trying to figure out where the Morphan would be hiding.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 16th October 2007, 08:01 PM
    Talendra stopped and listened for the direction of the remaining sounds of battle. She turned and disappeared into the thick growth in pursuit of her companions.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 16th October 2007, 08:46 PM
    "Yes...find her quickly...too..." Nolion grunted out.

((I never said Nolion was dead, just not moving and injured badly.))

"It's finally time, Shadow, for you to die." Nairon said. N'ashi charged. Nairon sent him back with a blast of wind. Shadow took the chance of his destraction to throw a shuriken in his thigh. Nairon sent a blast of blue light at Shadow. Shadow rolled over and avoided most of the attack. He axe had been destroyed, his sword was on the ground far away... He didn't know if he would be able to reach it.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 16th October 2007, 09:12 PM
    ((I never said he was dead! Talendra merely screamed NO when she saw him lying there not moving! Then she checked his vital signs and asked Tolri to find Polli... ))

Talendra was getting information from N'yola who was eavesdropping on N'ashi. She tried to steer Talendra toward Shadow but she was in so much pain it was difficult.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 16th October 2007, 10:11 PM
    Shadow lunged for his sword and grabbed it, he swung around and stabbed Nairon as he followed and was about to attack. He was caught off guard and the sword pierced his gut. "This is not over...Shadow...I'll be back...you killed me, but I will come back..." Nairon sputtered. "I hope you burn in hell." Shadow growled.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th October 2007, 11:31 AM
    As Talendra made it through one thick stand of foliage she was confronted by two men who held poor Polli between them, her eyes wide with fear.

"LET HER GO!" Talendra demanded. The man grinned.

"Well make us!" He laughed at Talendra and she made ready to attack.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 17th October 2007, 02:08 PM
    A rock flew at one of them and hit him in the head, not necessarily knocking him out, but it had to have hurt.

Shadow panted and stood up, bringing his sword out of Nairon's corpse. He didn't want to admit it but he was a little frightened... Nairon said he would be back...stronger than ever. Shadow stuck his sword in Nairon's body, then went over to N'ashi, leaving his sword there. "Let's go help the others..." He murmured. N'ashi said nothing but starting jogging towards where the others were before they left them. Shadow was on his back, only a shuriken in his hand, his last weapon. 'Why did you leave your sword there?' N'ashi asked. 'Cause it felt good.' Shadow replied. 'It's stupid is what it is.' N'ashi replied. When they arrived and saw Naza was dead they bot felt an intense sorrow.... Shadow picked up his elven blade, then they found Nolion, who was injured but still alive.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th October 2007, 02:32 PM
    Talendra was trying to fight both men at once to let Polli get an opening to escape.
    "Polli, Nolion is badly hurt... so...is... N'yola! Hurry!" Talendra brought her sword down cutting the man's arm that was holding Polli. The little morphan darted away. Now Talle had both men facing her. She pressed her attack on the one that had been holding Polli so he wouldn't follow but that cost her. Suddenly pain exploded from her shoulder as a sword impacted her armor and actually bit through between the plates. Talendra stumbled forward then rolled to come up on her feet. She screamed a challenge at the two men who laughed at her.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th October 2007, 02:45 PM
    "N'rainor, I'm going to go help Talle. Can you stay with N'yola?" Tolri asked her bonded as she darted through the foliage as silently as possible. N'rainor agreed and then went over to N'yola, wondering how he could help. Tolri came across Polli and directed the morphan to where N'yola and N'rainor were and then continued on toward Talle. Circling around the trio, she silently nocked an arrow and aimed at the man who was already injured before releasing the arrow. Before nocking another one, she silently climbed a nearby tree and then prepared another arrow.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th October 2007, 03:08 PM
    N'yola nosed N'rainor, resting her velvety muzzle against his shoulder. The mare felt strength from his presence. The scarlet of her blood stood out starkly against her creamy white coloring. She tried not to move to keep the blade from doing any more damage.
    'Thank you for staying with me N'rainor...' the mare replied, pain in her mind-voice.

Talendra swung to meet one attack but the other man timed his attack right behind and that one got through. Talendra felt the trickle of blood and knew she better end this quick. Talle tucked and rolled under the one man's left arm and came up with her back to a large tree, panting. She hoped Polli would reach N'yola and Nolion soon.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th October 2007, 03:26 PM
    N'rainor nickered softly and stood as close to N'yola as he could. "I wish I could take the pain for you, N'yola." he said softly, wanting to help her in any way he could.

Tolri fired another arrow at the men attacking Talle, trying to get through their defenses.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th October 2007, 07:11 PM
    Tolri's arrow tip came protruding out of his throat and he opened and closed his mouth repeatedly as his eyes went wide in horrific realization he was a dead man. Talendra scrambled away to face the assault from the other man and parried his thrust and rammed her shorter elven blade up under his armor. He grunted and backed away from her, glaring at her with disbelief. Both men died within seconds of one another.
    "THANKS TOLRI!" Talendra cried and turned to go seek out Kilik and Shadow.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th October 2007, 07:20 PM
    "You're welcome." Tolri said as she jumped down next to Talle. "You're hurt...are you sure you should go find the others?" she asked in concern as she followed after her.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th October 2007, 07:27 PM
    "Battle wounds... I've had worse..." Talendra smiled.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th October 2007, 07:38 PM
    "Okay..." Tolri said, still not fully convinced. "I'm sticking close to you though." she said with a wry grin.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th October 2007, 07:47 PM
    Talendra laughed, "Somebody better! You've saved my backside twice now!"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th October 2007, 09:29 PM
    "Well...you needed help, and I was probably the closest person who could help you." Tolri said, blushing slightly.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th October 2007, 10:02 PM
    Polli came up to the two Chevros and quickly examined N'yola's flank.
    "No Polli, go to Nolion... he just lost his father. Naza is dead. Please see what you can do for him first, N'rainor is watching over me..." N'yola broadcast.
    Posted by Link (Member #13290) on 28th October 2007, 09:29 AM
    (ooc: Hey TerstanPrince, you never told me what happened to Percilla. I can't do anything 'til you do. Remember I'm attacking the guy harassing her.)
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 28th October 2007, 11:08 AM
    Polli went to Nolion and did what she could to heal his wounds on a surface level but she would need help to do much more. She looked up at the two Chevros and told them as much.
    "Xavier? We need you... N'ight bring Xavier to Nolion or we will lose him too." N'yola broadcast to N'ight.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 28th October 2007, 12:31 PM
    ((Oops...))

The soldier (person type thing) whirled around to face whoever was attacking him.

(Idiot soldier, lowered weapon equal's dead soldier, no weapon)
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 28th October 2007, 09:28 PM
    Talendra was favoring the bruised and battered arm but she was still serviceable. She would not stop until the enemy was vanquished! She went in search of Kilik and Shadow, hacking her way through the foliage.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 28th October 2007, 09:30 PM
    Tolri followed Talle, intent on keeping close to the warrior.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Link (Member #13290) on 28th October 2007, 11:55 PM
    Kilik launched at the man, hitting him square in the rib cage. However to his dismay, he had missed his target; the soldier's armor made his staff vibrate with a shock. As if the guy hadn't noticed the whack, his sword came slashing at Kilik's exposed back. Without thinking Kilik raised his shoulder to brace the attack and caught the sword in his left arm.

N'mari's scream of terror rang in Kilik's mind almost as loudly as the pain did. She wasn't too far behind him; she would have kept up before if not for all the rocks. Now she leapt over them and dodged the obstacles with a vigor that no one had seen before. The soldier had not seem her, she came at him from an angle and could attack him. She was also, completely silent. The beat of her hooves against the forest floor could not be heard, nor the snap of a limb from a tree as she dashed past it. Not even her deep snort from her dilated nostrils was heard.

Kilik Immediately broke away and regained distance from the man. He turned his pain into pure anger as he kept the pointed edge of his staff aimed at the man so as to keep a stalemate. He could feel his anger... coming towards him? No, his anger was aimed at the soldier but, it was... Running?!
    With no warning a white blur emerged out of the brush at the man from behind. With a neigh of pure terror and rage, the man turned only in time to see two hooves come raining down on his head. N'mari had brought both of her front feet down on the soldier's helmet, making it cave in to the man's skill. He dropped his sword as he fell to the ground, trying to brace himself from attack in a disoriented, foolish and unavailing way. Once he was on the ground N'mari let loose a flurry of pawing hooves aimed directly at the man's skull. With in seconds of this bombardment he went limp. Blood now stained N'mari's socks; the helmet was starting to look very flat before she abruptly realized he was dead and that Kilik was still injured. Anger left the face of N'mari and was replaced with panic as she went to Kilik's side to see his wound.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 29th October 2007, 08:12 AM
    Percilla blinked, utterly surprised it had all happened so fast.

((Lol think of the ??? *scratch scratch* Link))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 29th October 2007, 10:43 AM
    Talendra had cleared the foliage just in time to witness the whole scene and she stood with her mouth agape. 'N'mari?! Wow... I didn't know she could do that! Oh my goodness!' Talendra thought, sharing with N'yola. 'None of us did. She may not have known her self, sometimes our talents manifest when we NEED them, not before.' N'yola explained, even through her haze of pain. Talle was astounded but noticed Kilik was hurt.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 30th October 2007, 02:27 PM
    Shadow and N'ashi came in time just to miss it. "Kilik are you alright?" He asked. He and Kilik hadn't spoken much, Kilik was quiet and withdrawn, and Shadow wasn't exactly a morphan either...
    Posted by Link (Member #13290) on 1st November 2007, 12:35 AM
    Kilik held his left arm now, blood dripped from his shirt. He talked with N'mari in mind but now looked up at Shadow.

"I need to stop this bleeding." Is all he really could think to say. He looked at the very clean open cut on his arm and all the blood that came from it. N'mari was beside herself, the amount of blood Kilik was losing terrified her.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 1st November 2007, 10:02 AM
    Talendra walked forward and stood next to Kilik. "Impressive Kilik... you and N'mari both... however we need to get you to Polli and Xavier. Do you need help?" She waited but was ready to lead the way to the healers.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 1st November 2007, 01:44 PM
    "Here, you these to try and stop the bleeding." Shadow said, bringing some clean rags out of N'ashi's saddle bags. He handed them to Kilik.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 1st November 2007, 02:35 PM
    Talendra led the way. Polli was finishing up with Nolion and passed out back against Xavier.
    "Xavier?! Kilik and Shadow are hurt too..." Talendra spoke with weariness.
    Posted by Link (Member #13290) on 4th November 2007, 10:08 PM
    Kilik used the rags to temporarily bandage the wound. "This isn't the time to stop though, there still might be enemies near. We need a plan of action."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 4th November 2007, 10:41 PM
    "We have to Kilik... we... we have lost some of our party... Naza the elf... he's dead. Nolion is hurt badly... you are hurt, N'yola is hurt too. I need to get everyone back in shape to face the next challenge and you are right... we might face it before we are healed up. Which is why we need to do this now. Shadow? Shadow, did you you find out anything from your opponent? You Kilik?" Talendra asked worriedly.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 5th November 2007, 11:11 AM
    "Only that he might be coming back from the dead eventually." Shadow grumbled, rolling his eyes.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 5th November 2007, 04:06 PM
    "Back from the dead?" Talle looked over at Shadow, incredulous shock on her face.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 5th November 2007, 10:16 PM
    "Forget it." Shadow mumbled.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 6th November 2007, 08:58 AM
    "That's not something to forget Shadow.... was it Narion, that guy that attacked us before we went on the ship? Is he the one that has been following us?" Talendra frowned at Shadow's attempt to dismiss such a cryptic message.

"I think we are getting very close to the ruins. Which means we probably are going to find more of the Black Mages around. Everyone let Polli and Xavier heal you. We are going to need our strength to make it. Check your bondeds, make sure they are not injured either..." Talendra directed and sat down aching from her multitude of bruises.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 6th November 2007, 11:41 AM
    "Oh gee I don't know, I never checked!" Shadow growled. "I don't really know the guy came RIGHT OUT into the open and certainly sounded and looked like Nairon! Duh! I can't tell!" He scowled, ignoring N'ashi's protest at his comment.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 6th November 2007, 11:48 AM
    Talendra raised an eyebrow at Shadow's curt response. "Look you don't need to come any further if that's what is bothering you Shadow. Kilik and I are the only ones that HAVE to go on." She crossed her arms and stared at him.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 6th November 2007, 12:01 PM
    "I'm fine! Nothing's bothering me!" Shadow grumbled. 'Except you.' He thought.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 6th November 2007, 01:18 PM
    Talendra frowned at Shadow and shook her head. His attitude left much to be desired and she did not understand his lack of discipline. The trained warrior turned away from him and sought out her bonded. The blood stained her white flank but she trusted Xavier and Polli to do something.
    N'yola sighed and realized she needed to do something herself since the healers were occupied. She concentrated and wound from the arrow slowed its bleeding. N'yola however was almost completely cut off from Talendra and the young woman ran for her bonded fearing the worst.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 6th November 2007, 01:23 PM
    N'rainor stayed close to N'yola, watching what she was doing. He heard Talle running toward them and said to Tolri, "Tell Talendra that N'yola is alright. It almost appears to be that she's healing herself..."Tolri had been following Talle and she now ran a few steps to catch up with the warrior. "Talle!" she called out and then relayed N'rainor's message.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 6th November 2007, 05:27 PM
    N'yola stopped the bleeding but the wound still pained her greatly. She was now exhausted though and she trembled as she nosed N'rainor's neck. Talendra felt her bonded's pain come back through their link, while she was not happy she was in pain at least she knew N'yola was still with her.

Talendra listened to Tolri then nodded. She had felt as much through the link. She saw Polli coming toward them and was shocked but then she remembered Xavier had the Morphan's gifting so he probably had given her strength. Polli looked very tired but went straight to Kilik. She instructed him to lie down and rubbed her hands together. Placing them gently on Kilik's head she closed her eyes and began to humming hypnotically.
    Posted by Link (Member #13290) on 18th November 2007, 09:23 PM
    Kilik was thinking about what needed to be done but before he knew what was happening Polli told him to lie down.

"No Polli, not right now."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th November 2007, 09:35 PM
    Polli frowned and crossed her arms over her chest. "You are wounded Kilik! This is what I DO!" she put a ferocious pout on her face and glared up at him. Talendra stifled her laugh at the 'ferocious'- looking Morphan and looked away.
    Posted by Link (Member #13290) on 5th December 2007, 10:50 PM
    "Yes, it is what you do, but my bleeding is under control now. You need to think about who needs your support first. Talendra, we are not safe here. We need to move somewhere else before reinforcements come." Kilik looked around worried; where was Xavier?
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 5th December 2007, 11:08 PM
    "In this dense foliage I'm not much good at maneuvering. Any suggestions?"
    Posted by PegasusOnFire (Member #8428 ) on 6th December 2007, 12:15 AM
    (OOC: sorry guys, I haven't really been getting on the computer much lately)

"Xavier they are in great need of your help outside the cave." N'ight called to his bonded.

"Where are they?"

"seven meters east of here, some of our party are in desperate need of attention."

"I will be there shortly, keep watch over the cubs and Fetter, and please help with what I need, I will try and get them moved back here." Xavier replied, then headed to the group. Xavier went to help those who needed help. He had been in a cave cleaning game when the attack happened and sort of stayed there till the end.

"There is a cave about seven meters back west of here, I was unseen while in there, currently the lions are guarding it, we can camp there until everyone is able to move out." Xavier said to the group."N'ight, have the herbs and cloths out when we get back to the cave" " I have prepared a warm meal, so those of you who are able to move under your own power may head there now or help me to move the wounded in. Polli when we get to the cave I want you to rest and I will help the others."
    ...to the topTop

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 6th December 2007, 08:51 AM
    Talendra nodded and moved to assist. N'yola limped behind her. They came to the spot Naza was at and Talle looked over to Tolri.
    "Would N'rainor help us carry his body back to the cave? I...I don't want him left out here...among them. He deserves better..." Talendra asked quietly.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 6th December 2007, 01:17 PM
    N'rainor was still near N'yola and Tolri looked over at him. "Would you be willing to help carry Naza's body, N'rainor?" N'rainor nodded in agreement and then said, "Of course. Just tell me what I need to do." Tolri looked over at Talle and said, "He'll help. Just let him know what he needs to do."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 6th December 2007, 02:12 PM
    "Thank you Tolri, N'rainor. I appreciate this." Talendra told them quietly, her face devoid of emotion, only the moistness of her eyes revealed her intense feelings.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 6th December 2007, 07:08 PM
    "No problem. What should I do to help?" Tolri asked softly.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 6th December 2007, 07:37 PM
    "I guess we should keep an eye on both Xavier and Polli. They will be weak once they heal Kilik and N'yola." Talendra tried push down her emotions at losing Naza. "Where are N'ashi and Shadow?" she asked.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 23rd February 2008, 09:01 PM
    ((*Wishes he could kill Percilla and Shadow*))

N'ashi rode up to Talendra, Shadow walking beside him.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd February 2008, 09:06 PM
    After recovering in the cave overnight under the watchful eyes of Polli and Xavier they set out again the next morning.

After traveling about an hour, a loud roaring reached their ears from in front of them a distance. As they walked the sound grew louder. They reached a clearing where a large edifice of stone rose from the floor of the forested jungle. It was partially covered in vegetation. "We have arrived my friends... the Ruins at the top of Mammoth Falls." Talendra told them and stared up at the long-awaited goal. "We will bury Naza here." Talle motioned to the soft forest floor outside the Ruins.
    Posted by Link (Member #13290) on 23rd February 2008, 10:13 PM
    Kilik stood looking at the ruins with a blank expression; extreme fatigue was starting to over take him and all emotion had left his face. Kilik wanted to fall over when Talendra mentioned burying Naza; he felt like there was no digging power left in him, but he also remembered the others in the party who were just as tired as he was and decided to summon a second wind of energy.

"Will we use rocks or dig a hole?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd February 2008, 10:47 PM
    "Wait, let me ride around the ruins... N'yola and I will try to find a place." Talendra left and a short while they returned. "There is a small niche in that side over there. We can place him within and close it off like a tomb. I think it used to be a guard room of sorts but it is caved in against the back... so we will use it as a tomb. We can use the blocks of fallen stone to close it off." Talendra explained. "We need to hurry, those Black Mages will be on our tails again."
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 23rd February 2008, 11:04 PM
    Shadow nodded and waited for Talendra to lead them to the tomb.
    Posted by PegasusOnFire (Member #8428 ) on 23rd February 2008, 11:05 PM
    Xaiver helped to build the tomb for Naza, then mounted his horse again, ready to be moving.

"Xavier, you are weak are you sure you can stay steady on your mount?" N'ight asked.

"We will see my dear friend, we shall see." Xavier replied.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 24th February 2008, 07:39 PM
    The stone edifice rose high above the vegetation around it. It had the appearance from the outside of a set of steps with a ramp in the middle rising up to a platform far above their heads. The stone was crumbling in places and the vegetation had grown through cracks making the entire edifice while solid enough still treacherous to attempt to climb. Talendra shook her head.
    "This doesn't look anything like Landin' Five, oh I mean Landing Five." She said out loud. To the shock of the entire party Polli spoke.

"That's because it isn't a Landing place for the humans. It is a very ancient place. It is said in legends to hold a gate to travel time, however, none knows how to open it. The knowledge was lost long ago," Polli explained solemnly. "We have old songs and poems about it but Sheridon the Wicked destroyed our libraries and places of learning in his search for eternal life. Much of the old tales were lost. If I remember correctly this is called 'The Horn Gate'."

Talle looked thoughtful, "The Horn Gate... how intriguing..."

"Now you can hand over your amulets to me and you can ponder that little mystery all you like as you die..." Satrina, the elven woman Talendra had trusted so long ago. The woman who had her poisoned and her father killed to get her hands on Talendra's amulet from her Mother.
    "You traitorous, murdering widow-maker! YOU... you ordered my fathers death! I trusted you!" Talendra snarled, her face burning red in her fury. "I will never give you the amulets you seek!"
    Satrina waved her hand non-chalantly. "Oh please, you are so boring Talle. Precocious halfbreed child! I want that amulet NOW!" The woman's eyes turned harsh and condescending. "YOU WILL watch all of your companions die then I will TAKE what I want."
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 24th February 2008, 07:43 PM
    That was enough for Shadow. He had disliked Satrina, even though he knew he shouldn't, hated her when Talendra spoke of her. Shadow drew his sword.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 24th February 2008, 08:51 PM
    Dozens of archers stepped from every conceivable hiding place. They were surrounded.
    "Stop everyone..." Talendra told them. 'Go ahead Talle, I think her greed is going to be her undoing...be patient.' N'yola told Talendra. She had learned to listen to the wisdom of her bonded in the long time of journeying together so she raised her hands in surrender.
    Talendra withdrew the amulet from under her tunic. She held it out as Satrina's eyes grew wide and an avaricious grin spread over her face.
    "There are two more... where are they?"
    "No... we have only one more..." Talendra told Satrina.
    "Tolri?" Talendra motioned for her to come forward.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 24th February 2008, 09:15 PM
    Tolri released her grip on her bow and stepped forward. Casting a confused glance at Talle, she pulled out her amulet and held it up. "Are you sure about this, Talle?" she whispered, glancing over at her again.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 24th February 2008, 09:43 PM
    "Okay Satrina... that's it... all the amulets we have to give you." Talendra told Satrina. The female elf took them both and ran toward a heavily vine-covered mound. Talendra gasped for THERE was the Landing Building they were looking for, beneath the heavy covering of vines! Satrina tried to get into the building but couldn't. She held the amulets up, walked around the building. Talendra tried to keep the smirk off her face, so she looked down to hide it.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 24th February 2008, 09:53 PM
    "Talle?" Tolri asked in a whisper. She was watching Satrina, and noticed that she couldn't get into the building.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 24th February 2008, 09:54 PM
    Shadow raised an eyebrow at Talle.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 24th February 2008, 10:10 PM
    One of the men said something to Satrina. She finally noticed Talendra looked amused by something. "BRING her to me!" She demanded. Two men grabbed her arms and pulled her up and toward Satrina. Talendra looked at her calmly. "Yes Satrina, what is it now?"

Satrina slapped Talendra hard across the face. "TELL me the secret!"
    "What secret is that Satrina?"
    "The secrets in these amulets! How do I get in! I know you know, you were seen at Landinfive! You operated that one! Operate this one!" Talendra shrugged. "If she doesn't cooperate kill that horned beast of hers!" Satrina snarled. Talendra took the amulet and walked around until she found the concrete pad that served as a porch. She began to pull vines off and finally located what she was looking for. Talendra fit her amulet into the slot and twisted. A great creaking and groaning occurred and Talendra ran back to allow the building to unfold as it had before.

Satrina clapped her hands together joyously. "YES!" She rushed in and Talendra smiled knowing Satrina would be hard put to figure out the building, it had taken them a long time to figure out only a small part and they had been staying there! She looked back at the others to make sure they were all okay.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 24th February 2008, 10:19 PM
    When Talle was pulled forward, Tolri had dropped back and was standing close to N'rainor. He was standing close to N'yola, like he was trying to protect her from Satrina's men. Tolri was scared, but she hid her fear well, and kept a firm grip on her bow, ready to nock an arrow and aim if anything went wrong.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 24th February 2008, 10:20 PM
    Shadow looked at Talendra quizzically.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 24th February 2008, 10:24 PM
    Talendra motioned for everyone to be patient then told N'yola to tell all the bonded Chevros to inform their humans. She remembered the story Lehloni told her and she planned on using that vital piece of information.

'N'yola, get a message to Tolri; We are going to follow Satrina in when she demands it and place our amulets. Mine top right corner, yours bottom left corner, when someone tries to go through the transport, we are going to run forward and switch the amulets to the empty spaces. Mine will drop to the bottom yours will go to the top...These are paid mercenaries, I'm hoping if we handle this right we will not have to kill them.'

Satrina regarded them with thoughtful eyes, unaware of the telepathic communication. "Talendra you and your friend come here." Talendra hoped Tolri got the message.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 25th February 2008, 04:06 PM
    Tolri looked at Talle and gave a barely perceptible nod. She had received the message and she stepped forward when Satrina demanded that Talle and her friend come forward. She wasn't entirely certain on what would happen, but she would trust Talle's plan and follow her lead.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 25th February 2008, 04:49 PM
    Satrina started to put the amulets in place but looking back at the smirk on Talendra's face, she decided against it. She held a book in her hand.
    "YOU do it... you too.. put those amulets in place." Talendra looked over at Tolri and at the same time inserted their amulets into the place in the wall suited for them. A screen lit up and began to flash red with the word "connecting". A woman dressed in a plain black robe came into view. A Black Mage! Talendra was shocked even though she knew it to be true, it was still a shock to see it.
    "Satrina? Ah you have FINALLY gotten the amulets? What took you so long? I will transport you momentarily and we will begin sending down weapons. You have done well, Thersa will be pleased." In a few moments the woman returned her attention back to the screen.
    "I have journaled the people you asked me to keep an eye on and the amulets we have tracked down. It's all here." Satrina held up the book.
    "Good bring it with you Thersa will be most interested to read it. First we test this transport device by sending a shipment of weapons through." A bright shimmering light made them all look away for a moment and suddenly there were two boxes of something.

"Step through the transport device it is set now to receive you Satrina." As the shimmering began Talendra ran up to the side of the device keeping her eyes to the side to keep from being blinded.

"NOW TOLRI, SWITCH!" Talendra pulled her amulet and dropped it down to the slot below. The light changed and there was a garbled screaming for a mere second before the light disappeared and everything sizzled and there was a smell of ozone. There was only a severed arm and leg of Satrina's body left. Talendra walked over and picked up the book she had been holding.

"Your employer is dead... she cannot pay you. There is nothing here of worth..." Talendra told the human mercenaries. "What about them weapons..." one of them asked. Talendra opened the box and took out one of the small handles within. "Does this look like a formidable weapon to you?" She let the man hold it and he grunted.
    "Sheesh all this for nothing. At least we got some pay up front..." The men turned and began to move away, satisfied Talendra had told them truth. It did not hurt anything that she obviously carried a sword with the air of one who knew how to use it.

Talendra sighed. "I suspect Kilik... here in this book you will find some of your answers..." Talendra walked to his side and handed him the journal.

"Let's rest here for a while..." Talendra closed the door on the grisly mess inside Landing.

((Each of the amulet holders will find out some history about their past in the journal. Up to the writer to write their past story. All I ask is let me see it to make sure it matches Enkar established history and past written material before posting. They will each find out these amulets were passed down from humans in their background. Humans who were connected to the Landing Buildings. Otherwise have fun and use your imagination!))
    Posted by Link (Member #13290) on 6th March 2008, 02:32 PM
    Kilik picked up the Journal and looked solemnly at the pages for a while. Suddenly he sat down; all hope was suddenly gone from his face.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 8th March 2008, 11:55 PM
    Talendra sat next to N'yola. Satrina had been a friend, one who betrayed her and her family. One who obviously had only been a friend to gain the amulet. Talle was sick all over again with the betrayal, the murder of her father and the attempt to end her own life. 'What is left? There is nothing for me now...'

'Not true my bonded... we still have the rest of our mission... to locate the Horn Gate... the place spoken of by our ancestors...'
    N'yola responded softly in her mind. Talendra sighed and lay back to gaze up through the canopy of leaves into the deep azure sky.

'We have no more leads... where can the Horn Gate lie? That ancient ruin has no visible way in...' Talendra sighed, suddenly feeling extremely weary, worn down and deeply depressed.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 9th March 2008, 02:39 AM
    Shadow glanced a Killik. "What's wrong?" He asked.

((*Aims rifle at Shadow but forgot to load gun*))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 9th March 2008, 12:08 PM
    Talendra raised up on an elbow and turned to look at Kilik at Shadow's question. She was concerned about what Kilik might find in the journal but it was his right to know. She studied him a moment. Yes, something he read disturbed him, she could read it in his body language. She sighed and leaned back, her own heart still heavy and disturbed.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 7th May 2008, 08:22 PM
    OH GLORY BE! I NEVER REALIZED! OH NO! get out of here.
    Posted by Link (Member #13290) on 7th May 2008, 08:49 PM
    Kilik looked up at Shadow with a blank look. "Everything I hoped for is gone. This journal tells of my father's death. My brother as well." He set the book down slowly, trying to brush this off, since he half expected it anyway.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 8th May 2008, 12:43 PM
    ((I dunno what to post really so I'm passing the baton over to cyberwing nehehehehehehheheh))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th May 2008, 08:09 PM
    Talendra looked over at Kilik the shock causing a chill to settle over her. She stood dumbfounded for several moments. Then she crossed her arms and hugged herself as if to bring solace to her own aching heart. She understood Kilik's pain. Understood and empathized with it because of her own loss. Kilik had struggled through this frightful journey with hope. Now that hope was gone. Forever stolen from him. Tears began to tumble over her cheeks and she walked away to hide her own agony. She could not comfort Kilik now, she would only bring him pain if he were to see her tears. Talendra could not do such a thing to her friend.

N'yola walked behind her, shielding her bonded from the others.
    ...to the topTop

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011