Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast
    Mystery of the Dragon

Mystery of the Dragon

Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 30th September 2005, 07:52 PM
    Prologue

At the beginning of time, in the Northern Himacha Mountains, there lived a race, which people can only read about now, called the Great Dragons. There were several different types of the Great Dragons, which were the Snow Dragon, the Dark Dragon, the Fiery Dragon, the Cat Dragon, and the Green Dragon. The Snow Dragons were the largest of all of the Great Dragons, were the wisest dragons, and they lived at the peak of the Himachas. The Dark Dragons lived in the many caves that dotted the mountainsides and they didn't come out of the caves that often. The Fiery Dragons were known for their quick tempers and their fiery red scales. The Cat Dragons were the smallest of the Great Dragons and were the kindest. Finally, the Green Dragons lived in the forest at the base of the Himacha Mountains and were known for the various shades of green on their scales.

All of the Great Dragons lived in peace with the other creatures, most of them you can only read about now, including unicorns, centaurs, and magical dwarves. Everybody got along fine, except for skirmishes with the Fiery Dragons. Then one day, Chisk, one of the Snow Dragons, saw a plume of smoke rising from above the Great Forest. Chisk sent Miok, one of the Green Dragons, to see what it was. When Miok came back, he said that there were three families of strange white things. Chisk went to see for himself and when he came back, he said that he had read about them and that they were called humans.

About a week after the humans arrived, they started to cut down the Great Forest to build their houses and for farming. Several times, the Fiery Dragons would burn down the human's village, but the only thing that that resulted in was the humans cutting down more of the Great Forest. One day, Lukai, one of the young Cat Dragons, saw Minok, one of the Fiery Dragons, exploring the entrance of one of the caves. Then he went inside. Lukai ran straight to Chisk, the king of all of the creatures, and she told him that Minok went into one of the caves. Chisk called Salni, an old Dark Dragon, and when she came, Chisk said that Minok was exploring one of the caves. Salni asked which one and when Lukai described the entrance to the cave, Salni gave a gasp of surprise and said that that was the entrance to the Stone of the Great Mystery.

Minok kept exploring and finally, he turned down one pathway and saw a faint light at the end. He continued down and when he rounded the corner, he gasped in delight and surprise. Minok had finally found what he had spent years searching for. He picked up the Stone and all of a sudden he felt a great surge of power.

Since Lukai was only 5 years old, very young for a dragon, she didn't know what the Stone of the Great Mystery was and she asked Salni. Salni said that the Stone was hidden deep in the caves centuries ago by Chisk's great-grandfather. The Stone was hidden because of its destructive powers. Shortly after, Lukai had to run home before her parents became worried.

Salni asked Chisk in a worried voice if someone should go and monitor the cave and Chisk said that he had already sent Miok to watch it. Half an hour later, Miok came up and stood just to the side until Chisk acknowledged him. Chisk saw him and asked what he had seen. Miok said that he saw Minok come out of the cave holding something that was wrapped in an old blanket. Salni gave a distressed cry and said that Minok had found it.

Minok was happy that he had found the Stone. Now, he could get his revenge on Chisk and the other creatures that lived in the forest. Minok headed for his home so that he could make plans and so that he could get a good night's rest. He had wanted to be king, and the only way that he could accomplish that was to destroy Chisk.

Early in the morning, Chisk got up and said a spell that cursed Minok. The curse said that Minok could never leave the Himacha Mountains for the rest of his life. He said this spell because he felt apprehension over Minok finding the Stone. Salni came up to Chisk's mansion and said that she felt some foreboding this day. In her house, Lukai woke up from a nightmare that her parents had been killed. Miok also woke from a nightmare that all of his friends and family had been killed.

In his cottage, Minok sat waiting for the right moment to use his new power. He planned to rid the entire forest of everything except himself and he was relishing the moment he put his plan into action. At 10:00 in the morning, when everybody would be up, he went outside and said the words that were inscribed on the rock above the place where he found the Stone. Soon, a fine gray mist started to settle over the valley and the mountain. Chisk saw the mist start to settle and he went into an underground shelter with Salni, who had stayed at his mansion since that morning. Chisk only hoped that the other dragons had similar shelters and got into them as soon as they saw the mist.

The mist didn't go away for two days and by then just about everything had died. Minok was ecstatic over his victory, only he didn't know that Chisk and a few others had survived. As soon as Chisk saw that the mist was gone, he came out of the shelter with Salni. Chisk suggested that they go for a walk and see if there were any other beings still alive. Salni agreed and they started down the mountain on their quest. When Minok saw that Chisk was still alive, he retreated into the cave where the Stone of the Great Mystery had lain for centuries. When he was in, a massive cave-in blocked the entrance to the cave.

Salni and Chisk came upon Miok wandering aimlessly around. Chisk called to Miok who came running up to them and said that all of his family was dead. Chisk said that it was Minok's doing. On they continued and soon they were able to hear a faint sound. Salni said that it sounded like someone crying. They continued into the forest and, sure enough, the crying became louder. Soon they were able to see Lukai, crying her heart out, and Salni gently asked what was wrong. Lukai said that her parents and all of her older brothers and sisters were dead. Then she broke out into fresh sobs. Salni tried to comfort her and she spoke softly and gently to her. Soon, Lukai's sobs started to subside, as Salni was able to calm her. Lukai, Salni, Chisk, and Miok returned to Chisk's mansion after they couldn't find anyone else alive. They picked at their breakfast and sat around the table in silence. Finally, Lukai asked the question that was one all of their minds, "What's going to happen to us?"

-------------------------------------

RULES:

• all of the CF rules.
    • no swearing please!
    • please keep all posts clean! not too much excess of blood either.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 30th September 2005, 07:53 PM
    ((http://www.christianforums.com/t2098...s-new-rpg.html. here's the link to the ooc. please put all ooc comments/questions there.))

It has been several weeks since the incident in Wythiead, but Sira had refused to talk about what had happened. Chisk had been right though. When Sira saw Morelini, she had recognized her from when she was younger, and Morelini had treated her with the utmost respect. Now, several weeks later, the Great Forest was in full view, and the two girls would be entering the forest in a matter of minutes.

For Naya, it would be her first time in the Great Forest. For Sira, it would be a return to home and old friends. Maybe she'd even be able to find answers to questions that have been unanswered for as long as she could remember. Maybe I'll be able to find out what happened to Daddy� she thought as the two girls walked ever closer to the forest. The two girls had managed to cross the desert in a matter of weeks, when it normally took months for explorers to cross it. Sira's thoughts continued to whirl around the vision she had when she and Naya were prisoners in Wythiead. She subconsciously reached up and gently touched where her pendant was hidden. Chisk had told her to keep it hidden and safe, that it was her only identification. I wonder what he meant by that. And what�s my true identity, other than the fact of my heritage?

"Sira?" Naya asked quietly as they entered the Forest. "You've been awfully quiet. Is everything alright?"

Sira nodded and said, "Yeah. I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind right now." At this point, they entered the edge of the forest, and the temperature dropped a few degrees as the sun was hidden. Sira led the way around trees, following a path that she remembered well, even though she hadn't walked it for several years.

She stopped for a moment next to a stream, and sat down to drink some of the cool water. "Naya. Welcome to the Great Forest." She said with a smile, looking up at Naya from where she sat.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 30th September 2005, 08:13 PM
    "YAH!" Ayliana cried as she launched herself off the table and went flying towards her uncle, threatening to send a powerful kick to his head. But he knew Ayliana's techniques. He quickly dropped to the ground and rolled backward, letting his neice land on the floor on all fours. He stood at the same time as she did and faced her. Both were out of breath.

He laughed. "Nice, Ayli! But next time, try and trick your opponent."
    "But you've known me since....well, as long as I can remember. Most of my opponents won't."
    "True. But it never hurts to use the element of surprise."
    Ayliana nodded. They'd had this conversation before. But she didn't complain. Fighting was her joy, her passion, and she didn't mind the endless lectures regarding it.

Her uncle looked around the small kitchen. The table was lying on its side, cupboards were open....the whole place was a mess. "We'd better clean this up before your aunt gets home," he said.
    Ayliana nodded. "Good idea. Maybe we should stop practicing fighting in the kitchen, too."
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 30th September 2005, 08:18 PM
    "Wow, it's so beautiful here!" Naya exclaimed as she sat next to Sira and began drinking some cool water too.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 30th September 2005, 08:34 PM
    Sira laughed and said quietly, "It feels good to be back. I've forgotten how beautiful it is here." After a few minutes, she stood up and brushed off her leggings. She had refilled her water skin and continued to walk through the forest. "You coming?" she called back to Naya, continuing to follow the path through the forest. After what seemed like an eternity the two girls came to the edge of clearing with a village in view just ahead.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 30th September 2005, 08:57 PM
    After a while, the kitchen was finally cleaned. As Ayliana put away the last of the silverware and her uncle wiped the dirt off the table, her aunt came home. From the look on her face, Ayliana could tell she'd had a long day. Without a word, Ayliana slipped through the front door and went out into the village.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 30th September 2005, 09:25 PM
    Sira looked out across the village, memories flowing through her mind. She stepped out of the safety of the trees and into the village. She stood on the outskirts of the village and looked across her childhood home.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 30th September 2005, 09:28 PM
    ((Tell me if this is too early and I'll edit))

Ayliana kept walking, toward the outskirts of the village. There she saw a rather unusual sight: Two strangers. One looked oddly familiar...she kept walking, trying to see who it was. The closer she got to the figure, the more familiar it began to seem. Finally, she was close enough to see who it was. But that couldn't be right!

"Sira?"
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 30th September 2005, 09:31 PM
    Naya ran after Sira and then looked out towards the village, "Wow, I wonder how the villagers will react with an outsider like me?" Naya wondered not realizing she had said it out loud.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 30th September 2005, 09:44 PM
    Originally Posted by Lessien
    ((Tell me if this is too early and I'll edit))

Ayliana kept walking, toward the outskirts of the village. There she saw a rather unusual sight: Two strangers. One looked oddly familiar...she kept walking, trying to see who it was. The closer she got to the figure, the more familiar it began to seem. Finally, she was close enough to see who it was. But that couldn't be right!

"Sira?"
    ((it's fine Less))

Sira was watching the stranger approach, having the same feeling that she knew the girl. When the girl called out her name, the girl's face clicked in Sira's memory, and she remembered her. "Ayli? Is that really you?!" She walked closer until she was an arm's length away from Ayli. Sira motioned for Naya to come up and then turned her attention back to Ayli.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 30th September 2005, 09:55 PM
    Ayliana studied Sira for a moment, trying to figure out if it was really her. Finally, something clicked in her memory, and her face lit up in a big grin. "It really IS you! Long time no see!" She'd never thought she'd see her childhood friend again, and here she was!
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 30th September 2005, 10:06 PM
    Naya came up behind Sira, looking down at the floor. She didn't look at the new girl that recognized Sira.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 30th September 2005, 10:08 PM
    Sira grinned also and said, "I know what you mean. It's been too long. Nearly 14 years. What have you been up to all this time?" Sira asked her childhood friend.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 30th September 2005, 10:12 PM
    "My parents didn't accept me, so I ran away and I've been living with my aunt and uncle for the past 6 years or so. And I've been learning how to fight, finally!" She put an arm around Sira's shoulder and began walking back into the village. "So what about you? What've you been doing for the last 14 years?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 30th September 2005, 10:17 PM
    "You're finally learning how to fight! That's awesome! Me...I guess that I haven't really been doing much of anything. School mainly." Sira motioned at Naya and said, "This is my friend Naya. I met her after my mom and I moved to the city. We're on a quest to find the dragons. I've been having dreams and visions about them."

((g2g. bbiab))
    Posted by Dark Siela (Member #96076) on 30th September 2005, 10:22 PM
    ((Tell me if this is okay))

Siela had just gotten to this village right after Sira and Naya although it took her much longger then they and she left earlyier. Siela had her staff in her hand and walked into the village, she just walked along like she was a normal person not a signal look of fear on her face. But if she wasn't good at not letting her mind show it's emotions she would be paralized. She put her staff up on the strap on her back, and began humming a tune.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 30th September 2005, 11:06 PM
    ((looks good Dark Siela))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 1st October 2005, 02:51 PM
    Button ran out from the building, chaseing a small grey, white, and blace puppy. "Not again..Come back Poppy!" she said, calling the little dog. Poppy looked back and barked at her as if this was a game they where playing. Poppy ran around a few people and Button almost crashed into some one.

((this ok?))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 03:26 PM
    ((that's fine. should Sira know Button? Sira lived in the village until she was 4...))
    Posted by Dark Siela (Member #96076) on 1st October 2005, 03:30 PM
    ((Thanks ))

Siela's fear ran her over and she stoped, she figured she didn't know where she was going, and where the ancient lost dragons she had heard of was at. She turned to look towards three girls and spoke in a soft kind, and I little scared voice, although she did well with covering up her fear. "Hi, do you three know where the dragons are at?" She asked in her mind she scolded herself No stupid, asking things like that! Oh my gosh, what am I serouisly ILL!? She yelled in her mind while keeping her outer self normal and composed.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 1st October 2005, 03:30 PM
    ((If you want, who should Button run into?))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 03:39 PM
    ((she can run into Sira if you want))

Sira looked up at the girl who had asked where the dragons were. "Why do you want to know where the dragons are?" she asked curiously. Before the other girl could answer though, Sira was suddenly knocked over by another girl. "Oof!"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 1st October 2005, 03:52 PM
    "Sorry..I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" Button said as she stood up. She helped the other girl up. "I'm sorry......Poppy! there you are" Button said bending over to pick the puppy up.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 03:59 PM
    "Yeah. I'm fine." Sira said, dusting herself off. "Are you alright?" she asked the girl. "I'm Sira by the way."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 1st October 2005, 04:01 PM
    "I'm Elizabeth, but I prefer Button. And this little guy is Poppy" Button said, smiling, holding the squirming pup.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 04:05 PM
    "You live here?" Sira asked, motioning toward the village.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 1st October 2005, 04:35 PM
    When the other girl crashed into Sira, Ayliana yelled "Who are YOU?!" But when she and Sira began talking, she stood off to the side, watching. Sira's been having visions about the dragons? Wow! So they really DO exist!
    Posted by Dark Siela (Member #96076) on 1st October 2005, 04:38 PM
    "Well, um..." Siela said as she watched the other girl run into Sira, and kncoked her over. "Well, I just, well um... I am looking for a way to avenge my parents and I think they know how.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 04:42 PM
    After a few minutes, Sira looked back at Ayli and asked, "Is there anywhere we'd be able to rest for a while? We've been traveling for quite a while."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 1st October 2005, 04:45 PM
    "So I see," Ayliana said, looking Sira and Naya over. "There's an inn not too far from here....but it's kind of gone downhill since you last left. Mostly drunks there now. Occasionally an assassin or two will stop by on their way through." This was said rather carelessly, as if trained killers were something one saw everyday. You COULD stay with me, if you wanted to."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 1st October 2005, 04:57 PM
    Originally Posted by Ellesar
    "You live here?" Sira asked, motioning toward the village.
    "Yes" Button said. She stood back a bit and watched the others talk.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 05:15 PM
    Originally Posted by Lessien
    "So I see," Ayliana said, looking Sira and Naya over. "There's an inn not too far from here....but it's kind of gone downhill since you last left. Mostly drunks there now. Occasionally an assassin or two will stop by on their way through." This was said rather carelessly, as if trained killers were something one saw everyday. You COULD stay with me, if you wanted to."
    At the mention of the derelect inn, Sira raised her eyebrows. "We just need a place to stay the night...and I think I'd rather avoid the inn, considering we had a not to pleasant experience with one a few weeks ago."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 1st October 2005, 05:18 PM
    Ayliana nodded. "I'm sure my aunt and uncle will take you in...if it's just for the night." She understood Sira's desire to stay away from the inn. Most travellers would rather sleep out in the Forest then take their chances with the assassins--unless they happened to be a drunk or an assassin...or a drunk assassin.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 05:19 PM
    Sira nodded and said, "We'd appreciate it Ayli. We'll be leaving in the morning to continue our journey."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 1st October 2005, 05:21 PM
    "To find the dragons?" Ayliana couldn't keep a hint of disappointment out of her voice as she led them down the road. She'd always wanted to find the dragons. But more than that--Sira had just arrived, and now she was LEAVING? Unfair.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 05:24 PM
    "Yes." Sira was also slightly disappointed that she couldn't stay longer. She hadn't noticed how much she had missed the village until she had returned nearly 14 years later. As they walked down the road, Sira was quiet and thoughtful. "What if you came with us?" she asked quietly. "We'll probably need the help." Not to mention that I'd like to spend time with my friend again.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 1st October 2005, 05:27 PM
    "I'd love to!" Ayliana said, sounding like a dog would when invited to go on a walk--if dogs could talk, that is. Like Sira hadn't realized how much she'd missed the village until she returned 14 years later, Ayliana hadn't realized how much she'd missed her friend until she'd come back almost 14 years later. A quest to find the dragons....getting to spend time with an old friend....what could be better?
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 05:30 PM
    Sira laughed and said, "That's great! Who knows...maybe I'll be able to find some answers to questions that have gone unanswered for years."

((Less...I think I already told you what she meant...but if you forgot, pm me and I'll tell you. Ayli would know since they're friends))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 1st October 2005, 05:32 PM
    Ayliana laughed and nodded.

((I think I remember....hang on))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 05:47 PM
    ((ok))

Sira smiled and sighed softly. "It's great to see you again Ayli. I didn't realize how much I missed the village and everyone here."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 1st October 2005, 05:51 PM
    "It's great to see you, too, Sira," Ayliana said. "I didn't realize how much I missed you 'til you came back. But you really didn't miss much here in the village. Other than the inn, nothing has really changed."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 05:56 PM
    Sira smiled and laughed. "I know." She was quiet for a few minutes and then said, "in the city, except for Naya...I never had friends. Most people thought I was an oddball because of the way I was."
    Posted by Dark Siela (Member #96076) on 1st October 2005, 05:56 PM
    Siela, had been following the grroup while acting like she wasn't. But then she decided to rush up, so she did and was walking with the group. "Excuse me, but would you all mind If I follow you guys? You know, can we be friends? You seem to know where the dragons are at. And I need to find them."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 05:59 PM
    "I don't know where they are." Sira said, stopping and looking at the girl. "Why do you need to find them so badly anyway?"
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 1st October 2005, 06:01 PM
    Ayliana nodded sympathetically. "That must be hard....not being accepted by hardly anyone." Ayliana understood that--to an extent. She'd had quite a few friends, but her parents had never seemed to accept her when she was younger. Their love had always seemed to be conditional. But to have no friends at all.....Ayliana couldn't imagine how bad THAT would be.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 1st October 2005, 06:09 PM
    The low-ceilinged room was shadowy and smoke hung thickly in the air. Its earthen walls were covered with various metals of varying uses- anvils, hammers, horseshoes, and the like. A forge blazed at the end of the room, providing the only light besides a small door at the front. Beside the door, a large horse with huge, hairy fetlocks stood complacently. Next to the horse, holding up one of its hooves, crouched a large man, surrounded by nails and horseshoes. Sweat dripped down his tanned face as he examined the horse's shoe, his white shirt so damp from the stifling heat in the room that it was plastered against his broad, muscular shoulders. His dark hair, too, clung to his forehead, and now he dropped the horse's hoof to push the locks out of his eyes and to grab a horseshoe and some nails.

"Aye, you've gone and split that shoe right in half." Byron Eoghan said with a scolding tone, his dark brown eyes running over the old horse's sagging frame worriedly. The mare may be old, but horses were known to bolt when they had a new horseshoe hammered into them. He made sure its lead rope was tied tightly to a hook in the wall, and then he began his task. Pry the shoe off the bloody hoof, place the new shoe on, hammer it in...all in a day's work for Byron, but not for the horse.

The mare's eyes got big with the first hammer, and before the shoe was even half on, she panicked and bolted. At first, her tether held her, but then in her frenzy she split the rope right in half. She wrenched her hoof out of Byron experienced hands, and then darted out of the partially open door. "Dumb animal." Byron muttered, standing up and sending nails scattering as he did so. "I'll just let 'er run out of steam, and then she'll be all too happy to come back here and have someone nurse that hoof." He shook his head and then followed the horse out the door. The mare could run away too far, and in that case Byron would have to know where she had gone. So far, she was rather trackable, since a trail of dust followed where she had bolted.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 06:18 PM
    While waiting for the other girl to answer, Sira looked at Ayli and said, "It was hard. I didn't meet Naya until a few days before my 6th birthday, so I went nearly 2 years without friends. Needless to say, I missed you A LOT during that time. I still missed you, even growing up."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 1st October 2005, 06:20 PM
    Ayliana raised an eyebrow. Two years was a long time to go without having any friends. Twelve years was a long time to go with having only one. All she could do was nod, not knowing what to say. What WAS there to say?
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 06:25 PM
    Suddenly Sira heard galloping coming from somewhere, and she pushed Naya and Ayli out of the way as a horse came careening around the corner. "Look out!" she called as she jumped out of the way. As the horse passed her, she ran and grabbed on of the broken tethers, calling out soothingly to the mare. Sira had reverted to her true heritage without realizing it, and the horse quickly calmed down. Once the horse was calm, Sira realized what she had done, and blushed, quickly changing back to her human way of life.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 1st October 2005, 06:29 PM
    Ayliana jumped out of the way as the mare came careening down the path. She relaxed when Sira calmed the horse. She walked back onto the path, looking around angrily. Whoever made that horse go crazy would get it....and Ayliana had a feeling she knew who it was.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 06:33 PM
    Sira led the horse over to where Naya and Ayli waited. She was still embarrassed of losing control like that, but she knew that she needed to calm down the horse, so she had reverted to who she really was. Only a few people knew what her true heritage was, and she was sure that if others found out, she would be in danger.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 1st October 2005, 07:42 PM
    ((what'ed I miss?))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 09:11 PM
    ((a couple pages. it shouldn't be that hard to read up))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 1st October 2005, 09:14 PM
    ((ok I dind see the numbers. I'll go read))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 09:15 PM
    ((ok.))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 1st October 2005, 09:38 PM
    ((are they still where Button ran into Sira?))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 09:39 PM
    ((no. they walked a short distance away, closer to the village))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 1st October 2005, 09:40 PM
    ((ok..I gess Button sould go home now..))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 09:44 PM
    ((have her come up and overhear them talking about the dragons or something. then ask if she can join them))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 1st October 2005, 09:50 PM
    ((ok))

Button went up to the people she had met earlyer, well she had realy only met one of them(unless Ayliana knows her), . She went to stand next to Siela and Ayliana.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 09:53 PM
    Sira smiled at Button and said, "Button, right? Sorry if I seemed rude earlier. I didn't mean to."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 1st October 2005, 09:58 PM
    "Its ok. Whats this about dragons? And could I come along? SorryI'm the one who's being rude now. I gess I'm just bored" Button said blushing and smiling.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st October 2005, 10:02 PM
    Sira smiled and said, "A few of us are going to search for the dragons. I guess that you could come along." Sira then looked over at Siela. "You...what was your name? And why do you have to find the dragons so badly?"
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 1st October 2005, 10:38 PM
    R. C. watched a group of girls from behind a building. Sira's ability to calm the mare down interested her, as well as, the talk of dragons. R.C. stayed out of sight and listened, watching for a good time to speak up.
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 2nd October 2005, 02:19 PM
    Naya stayed besides Sira walking and just listening to the conversation. At this moment I don't think I remember the names of everyone here.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 2nd October 2005, 04:22 PM
    Byron came charging around the corner of a nearby building, following the dirt trail that the mare had made. To his shock and horror, he saw the confounded animal run right into a group of girls. Thankfully, one of the girls was able to calm the horse, and by that time Byron was there.
    "Thanks." he panted. The girl who was holding the horse looked rather familiar...where had he seen her before? Then he noticed Alyiana. He had no love lost for the girl, and so he didn't even give her a second glance. The rest of the girls surrounding the one holding his horse looked very familiar as well.
    He brushed a lock of dark hair out of his face and smiled. "I hope this crazed horse didn't harm any of you. Anyway..." he waited for the girl to hand him the horse's tether. That hoof would have to be taken care of before it got infected.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 2nd October 2005, 05:08 PM
    If Sira hadn't been there, Ayliana would have said something sarcastic like, 'Oh, yeah. We're just fine. We were almost trampled by an insane mare and are all really shook up about it....yeah, we're fine.' But Ayliana didn't want to come across as TOO much of a smart alec, so she held her tongue and glared instead. A sudden frightening thought entered her mind. Byron......PLEASE don't ask about the dragons! Better yet, don't even ask Sira what she's doing here!! But, with Ayliana's luck.....he probably would.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 2nd October 2005, 05:22 PM
    Sira looked at Byron and then handed the tether to him. "We're all fine." she said quietly. "No one was injured, thankfully." She was quiet for a few seconds and then asked, "How'd she get away from you anyway?" Sira stroked the mare's neck while waiting for Byron to answer.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 2nd October 2005, 05:34 PM
    Byron looked relieved. "I was trying to hammer a horseshoe onto her hoof. I guess I didn't tie her tight enough." He studied Sira curiously for a few moments, then asked, "Have we met before? Why do you look familiar?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 2nd October 2005, 05:40 PM
    "Well..." Sira said quietly. "I used to live in this village when I was younger." She continued to stroke the mare's neck, whispering to her soothingly.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 2nd October 2005, 05:54 PM
    "When you were younger?" Byron's curiousity was piqued. "Why did you leave? What are you doing back here now?" Beside him, the mare whickered and blew into Sira's hand.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 2nd October 2005, 06:05 PM
    Sira nodded and said, "Yes. When I was younger. My mom and I left because of family matters. The reason I'm back is my business alone." Sira continued to stroke the mare's neck, and whispered quietly in her ear.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 2nd October 2005, 06:10 PM
    "Ah." Byron nodded and left it at that. "Do you have somewhere to stay for the night? If you remember, our inn is said to be of..." he cleared his throat, "...questionable repute." He grinned as the mare stomped her shoeless hoof and pushed her head into in Sira's stomach, as if to say, "Pet me more!"
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 2nd October 2005, 06:15 PM
    "'Questionable repute?'" Ayliana sniffed. "Not if you're an assassin."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 2nd October 2005, 06:16 PM
    Sira smiled and laughed, and for a moment, she looked just like she had when she was 4, when she still lived in the village. She reverted to her true heritage again and whispered gently into the mare's ear, stroking the mare's neck again. Sira snapped back to her human way and, still smiling, said, "Ayliana said that we could stay with her for the night."
    ...to the topTop

Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 2nd October 2005, 06:29 PM
    Byron glared at Ayliana. "I know that! You have a talent for stating the obvious. At least you're kind enough to let her stay with you...though I'm sure you're not one for much hospitality."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 2nd October 2005, 06:31 PM
    Sira jumped to her friend's defense and glared at the man. "Ayli was my best friend when I lived here, and I'm thrilled to be able to stay with her." She returned her attention to the mare and whispered into her ear, "I hope your personality doesn't get influenced by his. You're a sweet horse."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 2nd October 2005, 06:37 PM
    Ayliana was grateful for Sira's jumping to her defense, but she needn't have bothered. She glared at Byron, her gray eyes flashing. "Oh, shut up! Just because I'm not a doormat like most of the other girls in this village doesn't mean I'm a jerk!" Unlike YOU!
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 2nd October 2005, 07:40 PM
    Button stood back a bit watching Sirs with the horse, and listening to Ayliana and Sira talk with Byron.
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 3rd October 2005, 12:10 PM
    Naya went up to the horse and Sira.
    To Sira she whispered, "What in the world are you speaking? Can I learn?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 3rd October 2005, 12:20 PM
    Sira smiled and looked at her friend. "I'll explain things later Naya. I'm not sure if you'd be able to learn...you might be able to, but we'll have to wait." Sira whispered back.
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 3rd October 2005, 12:34 PM
    "Oh ok." Naya whispered back and then patted the mare.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 3rd October 2005, 12:37 PM
    Sira smiled at Naya and stroked the mare's neck again.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 3rd October 2005, 05:29 PM
    Byron knew that he could out-argue both of the silly girls whenever he wanted to, but he would humor the ridiculous females. Just this once. "Fine, Ayli." He grinned mischieviously. "You're not a doormat, I guess. Though you could be catagorized as the dirt under the doormat." His dark eyes sparkled and he ducked behind the mare to avoid injury. "Well, I've had a nice time chatting, but I'd better be leaving..." He began to gently pull the mare away.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 3rd October 2005, 07:10 PM
    Sira stopped stroking the mare, and whispered a few words of farewell to the mare.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 3rd October 2005, 11:17 PM
    When the man with the mare walked off RC. went up to the girls. "Dragons?" she said sollemly.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 3rd October 2005, 11:23 PM
    Sira turned and looked at RC. "Yes, dragons. Why?"
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 3rd October 2005, 11:27 PM
    "I should ask you the same. Why do you want to find them?" RC said leaning against the side of a building.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 3rd October 2005, 11:32 PM
    "Because I have a feeling that I need to." Sira said quietly, remembering her most recent vision she had a few weeks before.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 3rd October 2005, 11:35 PM
    RC analized Sira's expresion, then nodded, "I see. And do you have any idea where they might be?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 3rd October 2005, 11:38 PM
    "Actually...no. I don't know where they are. I just know that I have to find them." Sira said quietly.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 3rd October 2005, 11:42 PM
    RC looked at the others with Sira, "And your friends?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 3rd October 2005, 11:44 PM
    "Naya has journeyed with me since the beginning. We just got into the village today, and Ayli is going to come with us also. I'm not sure about the other two though." Sira said honestly. "Why do you ask?"
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 3rd October 2005, 11:52 PM
    "Because from the sounds of it you really have no idea what you're doing or were you're going."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 3rd October 2005, 11:59 PM
    Sira glared slightly at RC and said, "I know what I'm doing. I've been planning this journey since I was 6. I also have a general location of where they're located."
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 4th October 2005, 12:01 AM
    "Don't you think that people have searched everywhere for them? And come up with nothing." RC ignored Sira's glare.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 4th October 2005, 12:19 AM
    "I doubt that many people have had the advantages that I've had over the years." Sira retorted.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 4th October 2005, 12:23 AM
    "And what would that be?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 4th October 2005, 12:25 AM
    "I'd rather not say where everyone in the village would be able to hear." Sira said quietly. "But if you insist..."
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 4th October 2005, 12:26 AM
    RC stood up, "If I insist..."
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 4th October 2005, 12:28 AM
    "If you insist, I'll tell you right now. If not...then I think that I'll wait to tell."
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 4th October 2005, 12:32 AM
    RC nodded, "Very well. When and where would you like to say?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 4th October 2005, 12:41 AM
    "Later tonight. I'll be staying at Ayli's house tonight, and I leave in the morning."
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 4th October 2005, 12:43 AM
    RC nodded, "Tonight it is."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 4th October 2005, 12:45 AM
    "Alright then." Sira started to walk away, but then turned back and asked, "What's your name anyway?"
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 4th October 2005, 12:53 AM
    "RC."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 4th October 2005, 01:22 AM
    "Hi RC. I'm Sira." Sira said politely.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 4th October 2005, 07:19 AM
    RC smiled stiffly, "Hi."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 4th October 2005, 10:07 AM
    Originally Posted by jesusfreak10537
    Byron knew that he could out-argue both of the silly girls whenever he wanted to, but he would humor the ridiculous females. Just this once. "Fine, Ayli." He grinned mischieviously. "You're not a doormat, I guess. Though you could be catagorized as the dirt under the doormat." His dark eyes sparkled and he ducked behind the mare to avoid injury. "Well, I've had a nice time chatting, but I'd better be leaving..." He began to gently pull the mare away.
    If Byron hadn't ducked behind the mare, Ayliana would have knocked a few of his teeth loose. However, she didn't want to hurt an innocent horse, so she let him go. She'd get back at him later.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 4th October 2005, 12:16 PM
    "So, Ayli...where's your house at?" Sira asked quietly.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 4th October 2005, 01:29 PM
    "It's just up this road a bit..." She began walking again, faster this time. They rounded a corner, went through a few alleyways, and hurried past the infamous inn. "There it is," she said, pointing at her house.
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 4th October 2005, 01:32 PM
    Naya trailed after Ayliana and the group that followed her. It was like she was in a dream and she wanted to absorb everything in at once.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 4th October 2005, 02:09 PM
    Sira looked around at the village as she followed Ayli. It felt wonderful to be back in her childhood home again. When they arrived at Ayli's house, Sira looked at it and smiled. "Will your aunt and uncle be ok with me and Naya staying with you?"
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 4th October 2005, 03:36 PM
    Byron managed to get back to his smithy and shoe the horse without any further trouble. He then stabled the animal in the small stable at the end of his workshop until the owner came to pick her up later in the day.

He picked up a dirty cloth lying on an even dirtier bench and wiped his grimy hands on it. He heaved a sigh and looked around the small, smoky shop. This is where he would spend the rest of his life...working here, pounding horseshoes on evil horses, fixing bent wagon axels, and the like. He wasn't looking forward to it, but it was all he could do right now. Byron dropped the cloth back on the bench and went to heat up the forgery again. There was no use thinking sad thoughts when there was nothing he could do to change them.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 4th October 2005, 04:39 PM
    "I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Just keep quiet during the night, and tell them why you're here, and they'll be glad to have you." Ayliana hoped Sira wouldn't be all vague in telling about the dragons. Otherwise, her aunt and uncle might get suspicious...and they may not let Ayliana go to find the dragons.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 4th October 2005, 04:59 PM
    RC stayed in the shadow of the buidings when the girls walked off. After they were out of sight, she disappeared into the allies.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 4th October 2005, 06:26 PM
    "Ok. That's good to know." Sira said quietly. She was quiet for a few minutes for a few minutes and then asked, "How much detail should I go into?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 4th October 2005, 07:30 PM
    Button had returned to her house soon after Sira had caught the runaway horse. She finished her chores and put Poppy away in his pen. Her brother came home later from their work and chores and and ate the supper she and her mother had fixed.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 5th October 2005, 12:31 PM
    "Just mention the dragons and they'll welcome you with open arms," Ayliana laughed.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 5th October 2005, 02:23 PM
    Sira laughed also and said, "I guess your aunt and uncle are interested in the dragons as well."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 5th October 2005, 04:36 PM
    "You could say that," Ayliana said. She chuckled. 'Interested in the dragons?' Try 'obsessed.' She opened the door to her house. "Hi, Ayli!" her uncle Ethan said.

"Hi!" she said. "Uh...this is Sira and....Naya? They're passing through town... Is it all right if they stay here for the night?"
    He nodded and motioned them in. "Why are you here, if you don't mind my asking?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 5th October 2005, 06:44 PM
    "It's nice to meet you." Sira said with a smile. "The reason I'm here is that, 1) I kinda wanted to see my childhood home again, and 2) I'm on a quest to find the dragons." She wasn't sure how his reaction would be, and she didn't want to tell everything that she knew about the dragons until she was sure he wouldn't flip out.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 6th October 2005, 12:32 PM
    "Dragons?" Ethan's interest was piqued. He laughed. "I KNEW they exisited! They do exist....right?"

Ayliana had to suppress a giggle. His interest in the dragons bordered on obsession.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 6th October 2005, 03:46 PM
    Sira laughed as well and nodded, "Yes, they do exist. I know that for a fact."
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 6th October 2005, 04:19 PM
    ((...hmmmm...let me think of how to get Byron back with you guys...))
    Last edited by Archiver; 01-14-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 6th October 2005, 04:23 PM
    ((hmmm...have him spy on them? and overhear what they say?))
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 6th October 2005, 04:46 PM
    R.C. took the back allyways to Ayliana's house. She found a safe place to hide where she could here conversation going on, and could tell when a good time to revisit Sira was.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 6th October 2005, 07:35 PM
    ((how many pages do I read to catch up?))
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 6th October 2005, 07:48 PM
    ((last time you posted was page 8 )
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 6th October 2005, 08:01 PM
    ((ok lots to read. Gess I'll go do that in a sec))
    Posted by Dark Siela (Member #96076) on 7th October 2005, 11:47 AM
    Sira smiled and said, "A few of us are going to search for the dragons. I guess that you could come along." Sira then looked over at Siela. "You...what was your name? And why do you have to find the dragons so badly?"
    ((Sorry for taking so long, gotten overan by all my schoolwork lol))

Siela looked at Sira and answered her question truthfully. "My name is Siela...and well, about the dragons I...I just want to ask them some questions sence they are supposed to be very wise creatures..." Siela thought in her mind for a moment but then came back to earth. "So why are you looking for the dragon's? If you don't mind me asking that is...sorry if I sound rude." Siela asked, and apologised (sp?)
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 7th October 2005, 12:02 PM
    ((hrm...by this time, Sira is already at Ayli's house....*tries to think of a way to fix this*))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 9th October 2005, 01:09 PM
    ((*bump*))
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 9th October 2005, 05:21 PM
    ((lol))

Naya listened to the conversation going on. To Ayli's uncle she whispered a shy, "Hello. Thank for letting us stay the night. We appreciate it. Thank you."
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 9th October 2005, 05:46 PM
    Byron was attempting to drag the stubborn mare out of her little pen. "Come on, get moving!" he scolding, tugging on the tether. "You're going home, to Ethan." He snorted and glared at the mare. "Ayli's uncle Ethan." With a few more tugs he managed to dislosge the horse from the pen, and the two set off across the village square. Soon they arrived at Alyi's uncle's house, and Byron began to bang on the door. "Ethan!" he called. "It's Byron, the blacksmith! Your horse is shod!"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 9th October 2005, 07:30 PM
    That voice sounds familiar. Sira thought. To Ethan, she asked, "Would you like me to get that?"
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 10th October 2005, 12:12 PM
    "I got it," Ayliana said, then opened the door. There stood Byron. Without a word, Ayliana slammed the door in his face.

"Ayli...."
    "What? He's a jerk!"
    "Ayliana!"
    "Fine." She heaved a sigh, then opened the door. She turned to Ethan and gave him a look that said I'm not talking to him. YOU do the talking. Ethan thanked Byron, then took the horse.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 10th October 2005, 12:27 PM
    Sira walked over to Ayli and looked out the door at Byron. "You ok Ayli?" Sira asked quietly.
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 10th October 2005, 12:49 PM
    Naya waved at Byron and mouthed a, "Hi!"
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 10th October 2005, 01:30 PM
    "Yeah, I'm fine," she lied. She and Byron had never gotten along, for some reason. Maybe it was because he thought all girls were silly, shallow creatures who cared for nothing but fancy clothes and how their hair looked, and he hadn't been bashful about letting her know that that was what he thought of her. Or maybe it was something more. Whatever it was about him, Ayliana didn't like it.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 10th October 2005, 05:55 PM
    Byron frowned. Silly, shallow girl! Ayli was so narrow-minded she couldn't even see how nice he was. "It took me awhile to get that horse shod, but she was no match for me, I'm afraid." he said cordially, trying to ignore the icy glares Alyiana was sending his way. He didn't have time to waste on a silly female. "Hey...you two are here! That's right, I forgot!" He smiled at Naya and Sira, still completely ignoring Ayli. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I caught your names earlier. Or perhaps I did. I was a bit stressed at the time." He swept into a gallant bow. He could be the perfect gentleman when it suited him.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 10th October 2005, 07:12 PM
    Sira inclined her head in greeting and said, "I'm Sira, and this is my friend Naya."
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 10th October 2005, 11:21 PM
    Naya cocked her head to her right side and said, "Hi. What was your name again, I forgot?" to Bryon.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 11th October 2005, 09:38 AM
    Ayliana rolled her eyes. Oh, sure. Byron was nice to Sira and Naya. With them, he was the perfect gentleman. Ayliana knew what Sira would say. Later on, after Byron was gone and the rest of the village was asleep, she would say 'He's not so bad, once you get to know him.' Not so bad UNTIL you get to know him is more like it. Just wait, Sira. Once you get to know him, you'll see what a jerk he is.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 11th October 2005, 03:14 PM
    Byron grinned. "I'm Byron, the local blacksmith. If you girls ever need your horses shod, I'm the one to do it. Assuming you have horses?" Now he had turned on his 'businessman' mode. He would never pass up the opportunity to get some customers.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 11th October 2005, 03:16 PM
    "No, we don't have horses." Sira said quietly. "And we don't have money to buy horses. So you can take your business elsewhere." She was as polite as possible, having learned her lesson in Wythiead.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 11th October 2005, 03:22 PM
    "Sorry." Byron grinned again. "It never hurts to try, does it? Say, what would two girls be doing in this village with no money and no horses?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 11th October 2005, 03:24 PM
    "I never said that we had no money." Sira said politely. "I said we had no money to buy horses. Anyway...the reason we're here is because we're on a quest." That was all that she planned on saying for the time being.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 11th October 2005, 03:39 PM
    Byron raised his eyebrows. "A quest?" he asked puzzledly. "A quest for what?" He was a very curious person by nature, and he wasn't going to stop questioning Sira till he found out what he wanted.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 11th October 2005, 03:41 PM
    "A quest to answer questions." Sira said quietly. "That was part of the truth, but not the entire truth."
    ...to the topTop

Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 11th October 2005, 03:46 PM
    "Answer what questions?" Byron's eyes sparkled. "Sorry, it's just very rare in this sleepy village to find two maidens such as yourselves on a mysterious quest." He knew he should probably be getting back to his smithy soon...
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 11th October 2005, 05:45 PM
    Sira glared at Byron, and said, "I'd like to find out answers to my past. I grew up in this village."
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 11th October 2005, 07:35 PM
    Naya stood next to Sira, stood up very straight with her arms crossed. Hhhhmmm....Bryon seems to ask too many questions. He's too curious for his own good.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 12th October 2005, 04:31 PM
    "And what would that past be?" Byron persisted, ignoring Naya's stern looks. "Forgive me, but I'm afraid I'm a bit curious."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 12th October 2005, 04:36 PM
    "That's my personal business, and none of your concern." Sira said as politely as she could, even though her patience was beginning to wear thin.
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 12th October 2005, 10:46 PM
    Naya glared at Bryon and stood tall infront of Sira. "Bryon stop with the questioning. Sira's on a personal quest. She said that and that's all the information she is willing to give. Now back off or else," Naya said very sternly as her hands formed fists behind her back.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 13th October 2005, 11:22 AM
    "I'm very sorry." Byron conceded, his eyes sparkling. "Since this quest is so important, it must also be dangerous, and thus you will need someone to protect you." He grinned broadly. "That would be me. I hope you're okay with me coming along on your little quest." To his mind, he couldn't imagine any female doing anything without a male escort, so he was being chivalrous.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th October 2005, 11:45 AM
    Sira just rolled her eyes and turned back inside the house. "Do what you wish Byron." she called back. "But don't expect everyone to be happy."
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 13th October 2005, 08:09 PM
    Naya looked at Sira and whispered, "Tell him no. Why would you want him hanging around us with the amount of questions he asks? I'm ready to deck him right now. And do we really need his help as an escort?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th October 2005, 08:12 PM
    "We don't need his help as an escort. But even if I say no, who's saying that he would stay home?" Sira whispered back. "He could follow along anyway. Might as well have him tag along where we can keep an eye on him."
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 13th October 2005, 08:19 PM
    "Ok, but if he gets on my nerves I'm decking him."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th October 2005, 08:21 PM
    "Naya..." Sira said with a small smile. "That can't be your answer for everything. It's also a good thing that I had stopped you from trying to fight your way out in Wythiead. Who knows how much trouble you would have gotten yourself into."
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 13th October 2005, 11:11 PM
    "Why did you stop me? I would have beaten them and still have gotten away."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th October 2005, 11:20 PM
    "I stopped you because they would have done more than just lock us up in their prison." Sira said quietly. "Things would have been a lot more worse than they were."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 14th October 2005, 12:50 PM
    You can't let him come! Ayliana wanted to scream. Naya was right. He asked WAY too many questions. Personally, Ayliana thought Naya should go with her instincts and deck him. And she wouldn't get in any trouble. C'mon, Naya! Deck him! I'll even help you...
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th October 2005, 06:38 PM
    Byron followed Naya and Sira. "Don't worry, I won't be any trouble." he promised lightly, flashing a mischievious grin at Alyi. "I may even come in handy!" Even if they didn't let him come, he would follow them.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 16th October 2005, 07:01 PM
    "We have to let him come Naya." Sira whispered to her. "If we don't, I have a feeling that he'll follow. If we let him come, then we can at least keep an eye on him."
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 16th October 2005, 07:07 PM
    "Ok, I guess, but if he asks any more annoying questions.........I'll deck him." Naya whispered back.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th October 2005, 07:09 PM
    "So am I allowed to join you ladies on your grand quest?" Byron chuckled.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 16th October 2005, 07:09 PM
    Sira laughed and said, "Fair enough. I'm sure that both you and Ayli would love to have a chance at him."
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 16th October 2005, 07:23 PM
    "Ayli? I'm not sure about her. But I would love to deck him." Naya whispered.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 16th October 2005, 07:25 PM
    "You can trust Ayli." Sira said quietly to Naya.
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 17th October 2005, 01:27 AM
    "But I don't know her as well as you do." Naya whispered back.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th October 2005, 01:39 AM
    "You trust me don't you?" Sira asked. When Naya nodded, Sira said, "Then you can trust Ayli." She turned to Byron and said, "You can come on one condition."
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 17th October 2005, 01:42 AM
    Naya glared at Bryon while her fists were on her hips.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 17th October 2005, 04:46 PM
    Byron cleared his throat, a bit uncomfortable now. Ladies were supposed to sit and sew, not glare like wild heathens. What was he getting himself into? "So...?" he asked nervously. "What's the verdict?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th October 2005, 06:44 PM
    Sira looked at Byron and repeated, "You can come on one condition."
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 18th October 2005, 04:47 PM
    "And what's the condition?" Byron asked, annoyed.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 06:22 PM
    "That you follow my command. I'm the leader of this quest, and if you come with us, you'll have to do what I say." Sira said, leveling her eyes at Byron. "Also...if I answer your questions once, I won't answer the same question again directly afterward."
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 18th October 2005, 06:26 PM
    "Okay, fine, whatever." Byron grinned. Females couldn't inforce their rules. Maybe rules about flower arranging and cooking, but that was it. At least to his mind. "I will be the epitome of politeness." He bowed toward Sira jokingly. "At your service, milady. When do we leave?"
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 06:29 PM
    ((ooo, can't wait till he meets R.C.))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 06:40 PM
    "Early." Sira said. "Most likely at or around dawn. Now, if you'll excuse me..." Sira left the house and sat down on the front porch.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 18th October 2005, 06:42 PM
    ((Isn't Byron annoying?lol))

"At dawn." Byron said thoughtfully. "Too bad I don't even know what this quest is..." He chuckled and left the house as well. "I'd better get back to my shop and see if I can find some things that would help us on the journey." With that, he walked off across the village square, whistling.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 06:45 PM
    ((Byron's just asking for it. I'm already having a hard time keeping Nos from having Naya deck Byron))
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 06:48 PM
    As soon as Byron left R.C. walked to the side of the front porch, "Have a moment?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 07:01 PM
    Sira looked over at R.C. and smiled at the girl. "Yes. What can I do for you?"
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 07:04 PM
    "Why are you looking for the dragons?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 07:06 PM
    "Because they need help. I've also always wanted to find them since I was a child." Sira said quietly. They might also be the only ones who can answer my questions.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 18th October 2005, 07:07 PM
    ((what happened to Button?))
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 07:09 PM
    "Because they need help. I've also always wanted to find them since I was a child." Sira said quietly. They might also be the only ones who can answer my questions.
    "they need help? They've been on their own all this time and no they need help? You said not many people had the advantage you had, what would that be?"

((don't know what happened to Button))
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 18th October 2005, 07:11 PM
    ((idk. Where is she?))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 07:11 PM
    ((neither do I. just have her come up))

"Dreams and visions of them. They've come to me, or I've gone to them through dreams and visions." Sira said, shrugging her shoulders.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 07:17 PM
    "And you believe the dreams?" R.C. questioned.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 07:22 PM
    "Yes I do." Sira said firmly. "And one of them was a vision."
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 07:28 PM
    "What kinda of visions? I've had some of my own and they weren't to truthful."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 07:30 PM
    "Chisk came to me in a vision one night a few weeks ago. He told me stuff that only a dragon could possibly know. That's how I know that it's true." Sira replied, thinking of what Chisk had said.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 07:33 PM
    R.C. nodded, "Who's the guy that left?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 07:36 PM
    "Byron. He insists on coming along for some reason." Sira said, rolling her eyes slightly.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 07:38 PM
    "Men," R.C. muttered, "You are leaving at dawn?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 07:39 PM
    "Yes. I want to continue on this quest as soon as possible." Sira said. "Why do you ask?"
    ...to the topTop

Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 07:43 PM
    "Because I need to get out of this town before mid day tomorrow, but I have no where to go."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 07:45 PM
    "You can come with me if you want." Sira offered. "Why do you need to leave the village before mid-day?"
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 07:48 PM
    R.C. hesitated, "Personal matter. Nothing dangerious, just precautious."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 07:54 PM
    "Ok." Sira said with a shrug.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 07:57 PM
    "Where can I meet you in the morning then?" R.C. glanced around.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 07:58 PM
    "Either here or outside of the village." Sira said, glancing around.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 07:59 PM
    "Outside the village will do."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 08:05 PM
    "Ok. So I'll see you tomorrow morning, outside the village." Sira said with a smile.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 18th October 2005, 08:07 PM
    R.C. nodded and walked around the back side of the house and into the allies.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 08:16 PM
    Sira watched R.C. disappear into the shadows and then settled back on the porch.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th October 2005, 10:33 PM
    Ayliana joined Sira on the porch, seething. "Sira," she said, trying to keep her voice calm, "what possessed you to let Byron tag along?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 11:12 PM
    "Because I had a feeling that even if I said he couldn't come, he would have followed us anyway. At least this way we can keep watch on him and he said that he'd follow my command. I'll expect you and Naya to enforce my command." Sira said, smiling at Ayli.
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 18th October 2005, 11:22 PM
    Naya went out to Sira. She over heard her name, "What about me?" she inquired.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th October 2005, 11:36 PM
    "I need you and Ayli to help keep Byron under control." Sira said with a smile. She stood up and leaned agains the house. "Let's show him that girls aren't just to be seen and not heard."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th October 2005, 12:42 PM
    'Keep Byron under control?' 'Show him that girls aren't meant to just to be seen and not heard?' Ayliana liked the sound of that. And since Sira would be in charge--not Byron--that softened the blow of Byron coming along. "Okay," Ayliana said. "As long as he's not in control in any way, shape, or form....I'm...I guess I'm fine with him coming along." We're leaving at dawn....this night is going to go by quickly. Just twelve more hours before I have to spend months--YEARS, even--with BYRON!!!
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th October 2005, 01:03 PM
    Sira smiled at Ayli and said, "I'm counting on the two of you to help keep Byron under control. I have a feeling that he'll try to challenge my authority."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th October 2005, 01:56 PM
    Ayliana gave Sira a little half-smile back. "'MIGHT challenge your authority?' Sira, you have NO idea what you're getting yourself into." As she spoke, her smile (what there was of it, anyway) faded.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th October 2005, 02:31 PM
    "I have a pretty good idea." Sira said with a wry smile. "Anyway...what's the worst he can do?"
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 19th October 2005, 03:34 PM
    Byron, meanwhile, was pacing around his workshop. "It's just a pack of giggling girls." he muttered. "What's the worst they can do?" He laughed. "Maybe cry about a split nail." She shook his head, chuckling, and set about throwing things into a knapsack. "Let's see...knife. Nails. Hammer. Rope. Torches. Blanket." He walked to the back of the shop, where outside he kept his gelding stabled. "Let's see, Ol' Blue, where did I put your saddlebags?" He quickly found them and stuffed a bedroll inside, and then began to polish Ol' Blue's saddle.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th October 2005, 03:40 PM
    ((just you wait jf...and you'll see what a bunch of girls can do ))

"I'm going to go for a short walk. I'll be back in a little bit." Sira said as she left the porch. She wandered around the village for a while, and ended up at her old house...or at least where her house used to be. She stood in front of the empty spot and let memories flood her mind.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th October 2005, 04:39 PM
    Ayliana nodded, then went inside and grabbed her pack. "Hmmm...let's see here...blankets, check. Torches, check. Rope, check. Jewelry, check."

"Jewelry?" Ethan asked from the dorrway. "I thought you didn't wear jewelry."
    "I don't. But I might have to sell it."

He left, and Ayliana continued with her inventory, strapping the weapons to her belt. "Knife, check. Sword, check. Other knife, check. OK! I'm ready!"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th October 2005, 04:47 PM
    After spending a few minutes outside where her house used to be, Sira left and headed back to Ayli's house. She entered the house and found Ayli in her room. "I see that you're ready." Sira commented quietly. She leaned against the doorframe and sighed softly.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th October 2005, 07:20 PM
    Ayliana nodded, then noticed the look on Sira's face. "What's wrong?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th October 2005, 07:31 PM
    "I'm hoping that this quest will answer some questions." Sira said quietly. "Like what happened to my father."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th October 2005, 07:42 PM
    "If it involves the dragons, chances are that this quest probably WILL answer some of your questions," Ayliana reassured.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th October 2005, 07:44 PM
    "I hope so. You know why my mom and I left?" Sira asked Ayli. "It was because my father disappeared. He was out hunting one day, and he never returned. Everyone told us that he had died, but I don't believe them. I KNOW that he's still alive somewhere...but where?"
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th October 2005, 08:08 PM
    The question wasn't meant to be answered. Ayliana knew as little as Sira did as to where her father was. She just shrugged.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th October 2005, 08:10 PM
    Sira smiled slightly at Ayli. "Maybe the dragons know where I could find them."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th October 2005, 08:12 PM
    Ayliana smiled back. "Who knows? They could....hey! Maybe your father is with them!" She didn't really believe it, but desperately wanted to lighten the mood a bit.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th October 2005, 08:20 PM
    "Maybe...or maybe near them." Sira said with a smile.

((I forget...I did tell you about Sira's heritage right?))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th October 2005, 08:21 PM
    ((I think so....))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th October 2005, 08:24 PM
    ((ok. and I asked you that how many times now? ))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th October 2005, 08:24 PM
    ((I lost count after 50 ))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th October 2005, 08:25 PM
    ((thanks a lot Less. ))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th October 2005, 08:27 PM
    (())
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th October 2005, 08:28 PM
    ((lol))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th October 2005, 06:04 PM
    ((I think we'd better stop.....))

"It's possible," Ayliana said, going to the corner and picking up her bow and quiver.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 20th October 2005, 06:10 PM
    ((lol))

"I hope so." Sira said before leaving the room. "Ayli...where are Naya and I sleeping tonight? We didn't exactly get a tour yet."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th October 2005, 06:13 PM
    (())

"In the main room, most likely. You know, the one that you entered when you came through the front door? Unless you want to sleep in the kitchen or the yard," she said, eyes sparkiling. "It's a pretty small house."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 20th October 2005, 06:34 PM
    "I think I'll sleep inside. I've been sleeping outside too often recently." Sira said with a smile.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 20th October 2005, 06:49 PM
    Byron had long since finished packing and was now snoring on the little bed next to his anvil. He had decided he would need a lot of sleep to handle the quest- though he would probably have a tougher time with the girls than the physical exertion.
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 20th October 2005, 07:29 PM
    Naya decided to go for a walk. She wanted to see the whole village, she walked and stared in awe at the buildings.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th October 2005, 07:35 PM
    Ayliana smiled back. "Inside it is...." She looked around. "Where's Naya?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 20th October 2005, 08:26 PM
    "I'm not sure." Sira said looking around. "I'll go look for her." Sira left the house and wandered around the village looking for Naya.
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 20th October 2005, 08:29 PM
    Naya went around the outskirts and then went closer into the heart of the village.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th October 2005, 08:44 PM
    Ayliana followed Sira out into the village.
    Posted by GodFlute2 (Member #91789) on 20th October 2005, 08:55 PM
    RC slipped in and out of allies taking detours to get where she wanted, sometimes jumping from roof to roof. She stopped on top of one roof and watched the front door below.
    Before long a young man came out and walked down the street. He was tall, dark brown hair and dark worn cloths, brown eyes and slight facial hair.
    RC followed him from the roof tops. The man went about town, running errands and such, all the while RC followed along. But before long RC was running out of roof tops. The houses were getting further and further apart as the man got harther from the market area. RC knew he was leading her away from he busy streets, so she'd come down.
    The man walked further and further from the busy streets, but RC stopped before she ran out of roofs to work with. When the man took note of this he went back till he knew RC could hear him.
    "Randilyn?" He voiced, "Randilyn." There was no answer. "Randilyn, I know you're there." The man looked at the surrounding roofs, "Randi..."
    "Palmer," RC stayed hidden.
    "Why'd yo leave?"
    RC didn't answer.
    "Can you please come down and talk?"
    "On your terf? I don't think so."
    "I don't have them with me. I left them at home."
    "You taught me not to trust my enemy with anything."
    "So, now I'm an enemy? What gave you that opinon of me?"
    "I didn't say that."
    "Then what were you trying to say?"
    RC was silent.
    "Can I at least see where you are?"
    RC sat on top of one of the roofs.
    "I see you take care of yourself."
    "Well enough."
    "Why'd you leave?"
    RC again didn't answer.
    "Randi-"
    "I don't go by that any more."
    "But I-"
    "I'm not 15 any more."
    "I know bu-"
    RC ran off over the roof tops.
    Palmer took off after her, but only being able to see where she was going after she got there made it hard to follow her from street to street. Soon he'd lost her in the crowded streets.
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 21st October 2005, 12:35 PM
    Naya went into a pretty little building and found that it was actually a quaint little church. She went in for what seemed like an hour to her, when in fact she was in there for 3 hours.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st October 2005, 12:49 PM
    Sira and Ayli wandered around the village for a bit, and then Sira saw a church in the distance. "Maybe she went in there. I didn't see her anywhere else." Sira walked toward the church and entered the building. Once her eyes adjusted to the dim interior, she saw Naya sitting inside. "Naya?" she called. "We've been looking everywhere for you."
    Posted by Nostariel (Member #103872) on 21st October 2005, 03:08 PM
    "Isn't this the most wonderful building you'd seen?" Naya questioned.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast