Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Embers

Hidden Embers

Hidden Embers

Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 15th March 2007, 09:45 PM
    In our world there have been many battles, many governments have risen and fallen. The kingdoms of light and the empires of darkness, the many known civilizations and their shadow counterparts. There has always been a shaky balance, the two very rarely cross. Now though, a crisis has erupted so great that it has plunged the clandestine world of secret and the great empires of the world have entered.
    The world has been plunged deep into unparalleled war. The old empire of Russia has re-strengthened itself to match the world�s warfare and has allied itself with its old enemy Britain. The United States of America has lost many of its old allies and has begun to guard its own borders for the first time in generations.
    The Mexican government has managed to stay nicely ambiguous to the Great War but the time has come to choose paths. The Russio/Briton alliance has reached deep into the secret world and has found allies in the mythic race known as vampires.
    They have lived deep within the folds of secrets for hundreds of years but now they have found a situation of finally ruling their own country in Mexico.
    As a defense the American government, aiding the Mexican government has found a great ally in a militant branch of the church.
    The battle has climaxed, secret worlds have collided and while no one desires their country to be in the war each have sent there own expert agents to bring about a hasty conclusion.

Who will you aid?
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 16th March 2007, 09:08 AM
    "You all are fools to think that the kin(humans) will allows you to have your own city in the open!!" the man shrouded in shadows shouted at the assembled elder Kindred(Vampires).
    "WHATS YOUR WORDS!!!!! we have chosen to help them even if you and your so called Master are against it" one of the elders shouted back at the man in the middle of the hall.

They where in one of the cities that was one of the havens of the Vampires and it lay New York. The city is ruled by kin but those are ruled from the shadows by the vampires. Many had the hunters been and all had failed to kill the leaders.
    And now a young looking vampire stood in front of them and was telling them to stay away from the kins wars, even if they would lose the opportunity to rule their own country, he had spoken the truth that they should stay with in the Masquerade live as they had lived only to feed when needed and nothing more.
    But what the leaders of the kin had said to them was as honey to the ears of the corrupted Elders.

Selah looked at the elders "So you chose the path that will destroy you all, I will respect that when it comes to you all corrupted in this hall but i will not let you pull the rest of us with you" he said and bowed and then was gone like mist with the gentle breeze that went through the hall.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 19th March 2007, 05:58 PM
    (( Drama, I've completed Nicodemus.

http://www.christianforums.com/showt...6#post32896136

I'd post an intro, but I was not sure how you wanted to run the Catholic Church, so I'll simply have him on standby for you.))
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 19th March 2007, 08:02 PM
    ((Same here. I don't have an intro either, so it's up to you.))
    Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 19th March 2007, 09:33 PM
    ((Jolly good. I suppose I'll have the unparalleled task of making a militant fantasy version of the Church that won't get me tossed off site or offend my Catholic friends. Any suggestions would be appreciated...via PM if you please no need to clutter . I should have a base up by the end of the day so wait expectantly by PM boxes ))
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 19th March 2007, 11:43 PM
    Sierra listened from on the roof of the building that the vampires were meeting in. "Tsk, unfortunate that some of our brethren are siding with humans. Very unfortunate." She hated humans, for what they had done to her, for how they had shaped the world into their image... how they had killed her husband hundreds of years ago. She had no mercy on humans that got in the way-- or even humans that had no idea what was happening. Sierra stood from a crouching position and looked up at the moon. "Beautiful," she murmured, "No mortal can make something like that..." She still had a soft spot for nature after all these years, which never failed to suprise her. Well, I helped humans once or twice... but what did it get me? My husband's death.

Listening to the night, Sierra transformed from a "human" to a large bat-like form, and lifted herself into the sky. She wanted to see who-- or what-- was hanging around the area.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 20th March 2007, 07:48 AM
    ((I'll agree with Holy Knight on that one. I have a Catholic friend too, so I know what you mean.))
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 20th March 2007, 09:23 AM
    ((A church order but nothing more, doest have to be any of our current churches))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st March 2007, 12:33 PM
    My character info: http://www.christianforums.com/t5019...l#post32987996

Kat laughed with the children as she played 'Red Rover' with them. Often swinging the child who ran at her arm and 'broke through' the line, into a fun twirl around in a circle. Their squeals of delight never ceased to bring her heart joy. Brother Carl left her at the orphanage while he and the rest of his team set up the meetings for the people of this village.

Katrina was happy working with the children. Happier than she had been in a long time. Although she hid her pain it was always waiting for her in the quiet moments of loneliness. The children's laughter was a balm of healing for her as well as fun for them. She spun around and found herself being pursued by several children in a sudden change to a game of tag with Kat being the object of pursuit since they all wanted to swing! She laughed and let them catch her one by one until she was dizzy from spinning them around and plopped to the dusty ground laughing. The children hugged her and sat down with her begging for a story. Kat nodded and thought. She began to tell them a story of knights and kings fighting wickedness in their kingdom. Their rapt faces took in every word.

Kat never dreamed she would be here, in Mexico... working with Brother Carl. Yet here she was and she was enjoying it.
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 21st March 2007, 01:01 PM
    ((Mexico? I'm going to Mexico... anyways, can you guys please edit your OOCs into substance posts? I'll edit this into my next post after you do. I'm not trying to be mean, but like drama said, we don't want clutter. We should probably make an OOC thread. *nudges drama* ))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 21st March 2007, 02:25 PM
    ((I'm just going to leave my last one as is, so people know I actually posted this. Drama, go on and play Nico's superiors. I don't know what direction you want this to go in, so I shall remain your servant, as Nicodemus is a servant to the Church.))

Katrina was a woman who served the Lord. She dwelt in sunlight, laughing among the children, delighting in their presence, their touch, the sound of their high-pitched voices, and the love that exhuded from their innocent young forms. But a few miles from the border of Mexico and the United States, just under the Santa Maria Catholic Church, dwelt a man who was almost her opposite.

He too was a servant of his God. He too had lost much. He too had lost those things because of the spawn of Satan. But that was where the similarities ended.

While Katrina was in the sunlight, jovially and energetically playing with children, this man laid in a musty coffin, down in the Church's catacombs. His eyes were closed in slumber, not death, and would be red when they opened. Not like one who had lost sleep, but they would be the color of the blood that this man now required to serve his Lord to his fullest potential.

Katrina had long, bright blonde hair that shone radiantly in the sun, or so one might imagine. This and her full figure were parallels that made the man's dark hair, rough stubble, and average, sinewy frame seem more and more like that of a creature of darkness.

In a way, that is exactly what he was. For over 550 years, Nicodemus Gianni had lived in the dark places of the world. Whether he was staying in Florence, Rome, New York, Romania, Hungary, or right there in Mexico, by the border with Texas, he was forced to stay in shadow. He was once that which he hunted. He was once a Vampire.

In some ways, most might say he still was one. But he was different. As far as humanity had BETTER be concerned, he was better than a Vampire. Despite his life in the darkness, part of him was still filled with the Light. He served the light as one of the few repentent Vampires: The Stregoni Benefici.

While people like Brother Carl or Katrina lived in happiness, Nicodemus' existance was one of bitter, but fulfilling, servitude. He had not laughed as Katrina did now since... oh, he could not remember when! Maybe he had at one point during his Undeath... but negative feelings stuck so much stronger than positive that it was difficult to remember. His only joy came during evening mass, seeing that a life or soul had been saved, and in seeing that a Vampire had been sent back to the grave... for good.

Last night had been a moment just like that. Oh, if it had not been successful, Nicodemus would have been MOST upset, even today. It had been a long and hard chase, and the Vampire had almost escaped on several occasions. Anyone with human senses, who could not still hear or smell the unholy monster, would surely have failed. If of nothing else, Nicodemus was proud of this part of himself.

This Vampire thought it was hot stuff, though. Once it became clear that sunrise was only an hour away, and its coffin was not much closer, the Undead turned to face its pursuer. It drew a pistol, semi-automatic, and took aim, waiting for Nicodemus to draw his own weapon, and then fill him with lead.

Apparently, the wench had not bet on Nicodemus being a Renaissance man; not in the light that he used weapons of the era, or that he was actually a Florentine man from the beginning of the Medici family's power. She laughed when she saw the dark, gruff man before her draw a rapier and a dagger from under his coat, and proceded to take a shot at his heart.

Nicodemus grunted, his body twisting from the impact of the shot. But he simply shook his head from side to side while pulling his coat aside, showing the steel plate that he wore over his heart, which now had yet another deep dent in it.

The female vampire's eyes went wide as she continued to fire at the Stregoni, but he moved with the same speed she did, if not more. He took a bullet to the shoulder; no problem. The next two missed. He took another to the stomach; made a mess, but it only hurt his pride. The Vampiress began to grow frantic, and tried to aim her last shot for Nicodemus' heart, but found herself reeling and screaming in pain as his dagger slashed open her hand, temporarily rendering her trigger finger useless.

Nicodemus' rapier was embedded in her heart in the blink of an eye, and he ignored her wailing as he stoicly reached down for his dagger and rose to slash her neck open. Letting go of his rapier, the Stregoni mercilessly tore her head free from what remained of her neck, ending her screams, as well as her eternal suffering.

Once the body fell lifelessly to the ground, Nicodemus knelt by her side and tore his rapier free, covering his nose as he produced a zip-lock bag, in which he kept a clove of garlic. He used to love that stuff... especially when it was mixed with cheese and baked onto some toast, or put in mama Gianni's marinara. But his aversion to garlic gave him another reason to detest and curse his Undeath as he removed the clove, shoved it into the mouth of the severed head, and shut her eyes. Solemnly, Nicodemus murmured the woman's last rites in Latin whilst marking a cross on her pale, bloodless forehead.

"May the destruction of your undead remains finally free your soul to return to its rightful place. May our Heavenly Father have mercy upon your impure soul, and not be cast into the flames of Hell, but live in eternal peace and glory in the presence of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Rise not from the grave you are placed in, child, and feed no more upon God's children."

With an "E Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritu Sancti", the rites were completed, and Nicodemus sheathed his blessed weapons, gagging quietly from the stench of garlic as he turned and walked away from the corpse.

And here he was, reflecting on that night and the more than 5 centuries he had spend slaying the Undead in God's service, waiting for the process to begin again once the sun went down.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st March 2007, 04:18 PM
    Katrina finished her story and the children went to finish playing Red Rover. A very quiet young boy still stood there as Katrina stood up and brushed off her slacks.
    "Carlitos? What's wrong?" she asked softly seeing the nervousness in the boy's eyes.
    "Senora Kat...the angel of death he is in Santa Maria... I have seen him... he walks only at night but I have seen him! I'm not lying..." Carlitos seemed desperate to share his tale so Katrina held out her arms.
    "Well that is most amazing Carlitos! Please come tell me more."
    "You believe me?" Carlitos stared up at Katrina with wide, dark brown eyes.
    "Yes Carlitos, I DO believe you. I want to hear more. How do you know this? Has the angel of death frightened you?" Katrina asked gently, careful to let the child know she did NOT think him loco as she was sure his playmates did.
    "I see him sometimes when we go to the friday night mass Senora Kat... but I'm not afraid of him." Carlitos assured Katrina he was not afraid and she smiled and hugged him.
    "I see you aren't. You are very brave Carlitos! I'm so proud of you. Maybe I will go with you to mass tomorrow evening, I have to help Brother Carl tonight."
    "Then you really believe me?" Carlitos whispered. Katrina smiled down at Carlitos.
    "Yes Carlitos, I really believe you!" She hugged him and the young boy grinned from ear to ear and hopped up to run after the others. Katrina's words had given him confidence and he joined the game of Red Rover.
    Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 21st March 2007, 04:32 PM
    A vehicle sped through the night; it had long passed the American customs officers at the border and was now entering the outskirts of the small Mexican city. A voice broke through the shadow.

�"Hey Americano! Salga del coche!” said the voice, its owner, a dark young man, was not the kind of person you would find threatening, his dark hair was greased back and he wore a shirt advertising a popular American mob boss. It was the Uzi in his hand that made him slightly more worry some.

The door of the vehicle opened, and out stepped a young man. He was about six foot, while deep tanned, it was obvious that he was either of American or European extraction, his dark brown hair fell just past his shoulders and his blue eyes were fixed upon the rebels.

“I apologize, sirs I am a foreigner here, and I want no trouble. Me disculpo los sires, soy un extranjero y no deseo ning�n apuro."

“What are you, a priest?” said the rebel, noticing for the first time the white collar around the young man’s neck, then he called out to one of his compatriots
    "cu�l es sacerdote que hace abajo aqu� eh de Miguel?"

“Not exactly, I am more of an agent of the Church.”

“Oh, so you won’t mind giving us a…Cu�l es llam�…donation?”

“I’m not that kind of agent.”

“I think you are” replied the rebel, raising his weapon.

“Then may God have mercy on your soul.”

The situation ended abruptly, though certainly the guerilla robbers wished it would end some other way as the young priest reach out, and, performing a complicated twist of his hands, snapped the young rebel’s wrist, as the Uzi fell from his hands the young priest caught it and, firing in the air for silence, aimed it on the young rebel, holding his bloody hand.

“Maldigale de b******, You can’t do that, you’re a priest!”

Then turning to his men he commanded in spanish.

“Tirele lost muertos!”

They didn’t have the chance, the priest didn’t even use the Uzi, he dropped it to the ground and removed two heavy caliber pistols from his jacket, in seconds the guerilla fighters had all been cleared. Most were not fatal wounds, they were not evil, merely in a bad situation, however the leader had had his knee cap blown off and his good hand shot through.

“I thought you were a priest!”

“I told you, I’m an agent of the church. I guess I forgot to add that we are allowed to fight back.”

The man returned to his car and drove into the city. While in the car he tapped an earpiece.

“Brother Nicodemus? This is Father Van Adruian, I am to command the most holy protection of the land of Mexico. My location is known to you, the cathedral.”

This introduction was extremely formal, as the two had worked together many times but it was necessary for the first contact. He needed to know what had been happening, then he had to introduce himself to the others. This was a dangerous mission; he was a member of the organization known as Templar. Spawned from the remnants of the Knights Templar, it was the utter opposite of the Catholic Church’s supernatural guard, the Inquisition, which had been greatly limited after their…happenings in Spain. The Inquisition had nearly destroyed Templar once, because of politics, but now Templar had regained it’s strength, albeit in a much more modern secret manner. The Church itself had taken to calling them for most assistance; some of the elder Templars did not like it but Van Adruian found it a very good thing, all Churches should be unified, besides, he no one was as good as an agent as a Stregoni Benefici.

He arrived at the church and exited his vehicle. It was still night but he hoped those living there would be awake. They should be expecting his help, and he knew, if he was called, they needed it as well.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 21st March 2007, 05:17 PM
    "Noctis bonum, Pater Adruian." A rich, dark, deep voice greeted the Templar as he came near the church. Nicodemus walked out of a shadow that had been cast by the stairs leading to the front door of Santa Maria's Catholic Church. His dark hair was almost completely without order, but it was not what one would call messy. Still, it was not what one would call befitting of a servant of the Church either.

The Stregoni scratched his stubble as he casually approached Van Adruian, and then gave a slight bow at the waste. "I trust you enjoyed your journey, Pater?" he asked in his thick Italian accent. It was a wonder that any man who knew as many languages as Nico could still have so strong an Italian accent in all of them. "Please, do come inside, if you must rest. I understand that not all people are... gifted... with my endurance."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st March 2007, 05:46 PM
    Carlitos sat in the tree watching with rapt interest. He would have a wonderful story to tell Senora Kat tomorrow. She would definitely come with him to mass tomorrow evening! He was very excited but remained very still... there were the night people still wandering about and they were very scary...
    ...to the topTop

Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 21st March 2007, 11:53 PM
    Originally Posted by Paladin Dave
    "Noctis bonum, Pater Adruian." A rich, dark, deep voice greeted the Templar as he came near the church. Nicodemus walked out of a shadow that had been cast by the stairs leading to the front door of Santa Maria's Catholic Church. His dark hair was almost completely without order, but it was not what one would call messy. Still, it was not what one would call befitting of a servant of the Church either.

The Stregoni scratched his stubble as he casually approached Van Adruian, and then gave a slight bow at the waste. "I trust you enjoyed your journey, Pater?" he asked in his thick Italian accent. It was a wonder that any man who knew as many languages as Nico could still have so strong an Italian accent in all of them. "Please, do come inside, if you must rest. I understand that not all people are... gifted... with my endurance."
    "Noctis bonum, indeed amicus. Enjoyed? I enjoy little of these mission any more. I cannot admire a view of stained glass without thinking how dangerous of an entry it serves, I cannot admire the great architechture without thinking of who, or what it might hold.
    I only hope that by serving like this we can prevent the common man from sharing our burdens, though I realize yours is much greater than mine.

You have been serving here, Brother Gianni, longer than I, what is the situation? Why have I been called? This seems to me a mission more suited for the Inquisitors, they are experts at removing the heretical beings, we Templars are more suited for... negotiating, wars."

Father Van Adruian sat down on one of the mats near a window, it seemed that he was resting his eyes but a close watcher would notice the sharp lookout he was keeping on all shadows, pearing into them, like an owl into the night. Eyes so well trained that even the dark stealth of a vampire could not hide from them. His hand clutched one of his two great caliber pistols, they had been blessed, and fired only an allow mixture of silver and iron.
    The silver cross around Van Adruan's neck glimmered softly in the moonlight.

"Great changes are afoot, Nico." He whispered.

"Great changes indeed..."

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd March 2007, 12:03 AM
    "You needn't worry, first of all." Nicodemus reassured the Templar, folding his hands inside the sleaves of his coat. "The Undead are nowhere nearby. I made sure of this long ago, Pater." The Stregoni came closer to Van Adruian and looked up at the sky, admiring the moon God had placed in it. "It is... humorous, I suppose, that you should mention negotiations of wars, Pater. The number of undead in this area, and I refer to the several hundred square miles surrounding, seem to be increasing. The police and soldiers in this area are slipping... I have intercepted several Vampires in transit for the United States just in the last two months. Rumors of gang activity, rebels, guerillas... honorless scum of the earth, living and... not... are gathering power."

Nicodemus paused, looking back down to the Templar and bowing his head apologetically. "Forgive me, Pater. This is only what I have heard. All I have seen personally is the increase of Vampiric activity. One of the Sisters in the Church told me about the increasing human violence, aside from what little, very vague information I recieve from the Vatican."

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd March 2007, 08:10 AM
    Carlitos watched until the two went inside Santa Maria, then he slipped down the tree and started back to the orphanage. He never made it. Katrina was horrified to learn he had been missing all night and the previous evening when she arrived at the orphanage the next morning.

Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 22nd March 2007, 08:16 AM
    ((I smell a subplot... Good to know some one wants to get this thing out of purgatory. That was a bad Catholic joke...))

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd March 2007, 08:18 AM
    ((LOL...'open-ended' even drama...))

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd March 2007, 10:12 AM
    ((While it made me laugh, I'd like a response to Nicodemus too.))

Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 22nd March 2007, 01:37 PM
    The city was nice enough except for the number of fledgling vampires on the streets. Many sold them self for the hungry eyes of the men that bough their services but those that did follow the vampire girls in to the alleys never did come back.
    "Hey Mister, want to warm cool down this hot body?" one of the vampire girls asked.
    "Sorry don't have time to play with dolls" Selah answered as he went on, he needed to find a place to stay when the sun comes up. He was not that far from the border only few miles and he had some business deeper in Mexico.
    "Coward don't have balls, keep your money i don't need it!!" the angry voice of the prostitute rang down the street after Selah.
    He was lost in his mind and didn't notice that he had walked into Santa Maria's ground, when he came out of his thoughts he looked around and the thirst hit him, he found a window that was open in one of the houses close to the church. One moment he was there and then he was gone in a flock of crows. the Crows flew around the house and some flew to the church and found a open window.
    Inside the room was a sister working with something, the crow pushed the window open and jumped in. The woman turned around and screamed out before she managed to get a grip and noticed that it was just a large crow that looked at her with it's black eye's.

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd March 2007, 01:47 PM
    Nicodemus and Van Adruian had been conversing inside the Sanctuary, and just entered it when Nico's keen ears picked up the scream from one of the nuns. "Did you hear that?" the Stregoni wondered aloud, shifting in the direction of the cry. "It sounded like... it came from one of the offices!" Without so much as an apology to the Templar, Nicodemus thrust aside part of his coat, exposing his heavy rapier as he made his way to the church offices.

With a hand on his rapier, Nico began throwing open doors once he came to the offices, not even bothering to explain himself or apologize when he opened them and looked in on someone who was busy working. After a few, though, he came to the one with the nun. He threw the door open, smelling the woman from behind the door, and drew his rapier, in case he did not like what he saw. It could have been anything; a rat, a disturbing letter, or El Diablo himself

.Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd March 2007, 02:01 PM
    Katrina sang with tremendous joy that evening fueled by the children's laughter which still warmed her heart. The meeting place was filled with angelic presence that joined in the celebration and praise of the saints. Unknown to her in the heavenly realms the angels joined her and lives were being touched by the worship that followed the praise.

She had no idea Carlitos was missing from his bed... not yet. Had she known, the intense worship would not have been possible for her.

God's people were given a boost of heavenly protection that night because of praise and worship bringing it down to the small town. However, Kat's world was about to change dramatically...

Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 22nd March 2007, 03:16 PM
    The crow looked at the nun and then jumped down on to the desk and jumped around as looking for food. It stopped and looked straight at the nun and tilted it's head. There was something it's eyes that spoke of intelligence not just feral but on a much higher level.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd March 2007, 03:47 PM
    "Soror," Nicodemus said grimly to the nun, pointing his rapier towards the crow. "Send that bird outside, then seal your window. Have you not heeded my warnings of the Undead prowling this area? Do you WISH to fall to the fate their kind bring?" he demanded, narrowing his eyes at the careless nun.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 22nd March 2007, 05:41 PM
    Originally Posted by cyberwing
    Katrina sang with tremendous joy that evening fueled by the children's laughter which still warmed her heart. The meeting place was filled with angelic presence that joined in the celebration and praise of the saints. Unknown to her in the heavenly realms the angels joined her and lives were being touched by the worship that followed the praise.

She had no idea Carlitos was missing from his bed... not yet. Had she known, the intense worship would not have been possible for her.

God's people were given a boost of heavenly protection that night because of praise and worship bringing it down to the small town. However, Kat's world was about to change dramatically...
    As the children sang and laughed, Kathryn glared in the shadows at Katrina. She was sitting on a tree branch in the yard that was a few feet from all the children. She never liked playing with others and wasn't very social. Not many vampires lived in the orphanage. Being only half-vampire, no one really liked her and was afraid to even speak to her or stand two feet away. They wouldn't play with her either. She was quiet and lonely. To tell you the truth, she was jeolous of everyone. Even Katrina that was so popular with the kids. Kathryn was alway wondering when all that was going to change.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd March 2007, 05:46 PM
    Katrina had noticed the girl in the branches but also knew children had to have their own timing. If she wished to join them that would be great but it might take time. Katrina was supposed to be here for the next two weeks so she would take her time. Kat felt that children should never be rushed or forced... Katrina's horse ranch back in Tennessee had shown her horses that were pushed often developed bad habits. Patience was the key with unbroken horses and children alike.

She would be patient with the children that were leary of her... there were children who desperately craved her attention and she was happy to give it.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 22nd March 2007, 06:01 PM
    Kathryn looked strait into Katrina's eyes and saw that she noticed her. She blushed a little and got down from the tree but hid behind it. She looked out still glaring at Kat to see what she was going to do. "Look at them all," she wispered, "laughing. That woman actually believes that dork, Carlitos about that 'angel of death'? What a joke." She finished quietly. Kathryn had heard them talking about it before. "I have to keep an eye on her. I don't trust her."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd March 2007, 06:10 PM
    Kat had looked away when the girl looked at her. She would have to be patient.

Kat thought about that moment after sitting to hear the Word brought forth by Brother Carl. He was blessing a great many people this night and Kat was filled with joy over it! What a glorious day this was!

That night as she left the meeting to walk back to the house where they were staying; a chill ran up her spine. She felt rather like something or someone was watching her and she looked around; seeing nothing she walked on and continued to thank the Lord for this glorious day! She was tired and Brother Carl was going to go spend time with his friends. Since Kat didn't speak spanish and she wanted to get up early to go be with the children again, she was headed for her bed.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 22nd March 2007, 06:51 PM
    When everyone was heading off to bed, Kathryn decided this was a good time to escape from the orphanage and follow Kat home. She crept all the way torward a window that lead into her bedroom and hid in the shadows. She looked inside glaring. Licking her chaps she headed for the front door. "I hope she wont mind giving me a small donation." She finished with a small quiet laugh and headed in.
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 22nd March 2007, 07:15 PM
    The crow looked at Nicodemus for a moment long enough for the eyes to flicker in a different color before in jumped toward the window and flew of with a cry that sounded like laughter.
    Selah had found his prey for the night, even if the man with the rapier could be a opponent not to cross.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd March 2007, 07:38 PM
    Kat felt the presence of evil... she could not understand it unless the glory of His Presence had made the enemy angry. She sighed for that must be it. Kat began to pray again only this time out loud. Then she began to sing for she knew the words of the psalms, we enter HIS gates with thanksgiving, HIS courts with praise and HIS Presence comes down to fill our worship! Kat began to sing the worship songs she loved so much and lifted her hands to seek His Presence and bring it down to bask in His love and protection.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 22nd March 2007, 07:44 PM
    "Your prayers along with your singing and praises wont save you." Kathryn said quietly as she slowly crept torward the doorway to her room. She licked her lips again as her fangs began to show.
    Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 22nd March 2007, 08:07 PM
    ((Sorry guys, busy day. No time to post any thing worthwhile, landscaping to do...))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd March 2007, 09:08 AM
    "Beloved JESUS I place myself in Your Hands. Protect me from this evil, cover me under Your Precious Blood." Kat spoke firmly and pulled the top of her shirt open to reveal the plain silver cross. She turned her eyes to the doorway waiting for the evil to realize it could not enter here.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 23rd March 2007, 09:26 AM
    Kathryn's eyes shot open quickly as she fell back and held her head tight. Not knowing how much time has passed, it became early in the morning and the sun was about to rise. Her wings and fangs began to disappear and she became in human form again. She only becomes in vampire form at night.

The door slightly opened. Kathryn was frighted. She scooted back a few inches looking at the cross. She wanted to escape, but her body couldn't move. Sitting there, her head lowered a bit to where her hat she was wearing covered her eyes in the shadows.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd March 2007, 09:29 AM
    Nicodemus glared bitterly at the crow as it flew away, and wasted no time in shutting the window behind it. "Soror Juanita..." he said grimly, closing his eyes for a brief moment and continuing in Spanish. "If you do not wish to join their kind in preying upon the Lord's children, I suggest you keep your rosary and crucifix on whilst you sleep. It is fortunate that Pater Adruian has arrived... the Undead seem to be gaining audicity if they dare to attack the Holy Church."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd March 2007, 10:15 AM
    Kat had fallen asleep lying on the bed watching the door. As the morning light came in the window she realized once again Father God had heard her and protected her. She smiled and began to praise Him for His goodness and mercy to watch over her. She did her morning ritual with a joyful heart, anxious to get back to the orphanage and be with the children again. She opened her door into the hallway and was puzzled to see a young girl sitting there.
    "Hello?" Kat said softly, not wishing to startle whoever it was. Kat figured it must be one of the families many relatives. She walked on out into the kitchen and wrote a note for Brother Carl to remind him she was going to the orphanage. She grabbed a piece of fruit and started out the door. The sun was shining and Kat praised the Lord for the night passing safely and for the new day. As she neared the orphanage there were men, trucks, and pure chaos.
    "What's happening? She asked but none of them spoke English. Finally she found Anna, her interpreter.

Kat sat on the bench stunned. Carlitos had not come back to the orphanage from the evening mass. No one had seen him. Kat's eyes turned to the church in the distance. She promised Carlitos she would go with him to the evening service tonight... maybe she should keep that appointment. She decided to do some snooping.
    Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 24th March 2007, 12:06 AM
    In the room where Father Adruian sat their was nothing. The room was dark, all lights had been removed save a tall white candle burning bright in the middle of the room. In the darkness Father Adruian sat. Thinking.

Outside he knew the living dead walked, he knew the armies of men were vieing for power. This was a true war and he was the planner.

In a single blurring motion he stood and hurled a long bowie knife into the candle, it sliced off the wick.

Van Adruian sent out a message through his earpiece.

"Nico, this is a secure line. I have an idea, tonight I am going to need you in the red light district.
    We are in need of an informant, no evidence. I leave the methods...up to you."
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 24th March 2007, 12:10 AM
    After scolding the nun and leaving her to protect herself, Nicodemus had dutifully gone outside to begin his nightly watch for Vampires. It was not long before he recieved Father Adruians message. Grumbling quietly, he reached into his pants pocket and fingered a button on his slightly more primitive earpiece. "I hear and obey, Pater. But... I am afraid I do not entirely understand. Do you wish for me to kill an informant, recruit one... what?"
    Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 24th March 2007, 12:24 AM
    Van Adruian sighed inwardly, one would think some one born into the spy world of the Medici's and lived through the French Revolution, Great Game, and the Cold War would have, by this time, picked up some skill at espianoge by osmosis.

Perhaps he did not though...he was a brilliant fighter and a loyal aid.

"Entice them to explain what the situation is, that means you need to choose some one who looks like they know what they are doing. If they don't know any thing they can't tell us any thing. If they do know some thing, and it would be better they are either removed from danger after explaining to us or...removed from play. It's your choice and I'll be here to walk you through every thing if you need help."
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 24th March 2007, 12:42 AM
    There was silence on Nico's end for a moment. A grim reply came back, showing that he clearly was apprehensive about the answer to this next question. "Should my target be... mortal?" he asked. "Or... not?"
    Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 24th March 2007, 12:50 AM
    Van Adruian knew this was a dangerous question, how was he to predict the answer to a question he himself wouldn't answer until he was there?

"I leave that. Up to you. If you are in need of assistance, you may contact me."
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 24th March 2007, 12:43 PM
    ((I'm completely lost, and I really don't feel up to reading 5 pages. No one has met up with Sierra, right? I don't even know what time of day it is now. ))
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 25th March 2007, 08:43 AM
    There was some crows that followed Nicodemus, they were high above him or sat on the roof tops watching him with their gleaming eyes.
    All the while some other were trying to get the nun to open the window.
    Sleah was not in a bad need of blood but having it wasent such a bad idea.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 25th March 2007, 08:33 PM
    Nicodemus was silent for a good while as he watched the birds gathering around him, his red eyes narrowing bitterly as the unnatural spectacle took place. After he grew tired of waiting for the queer little birds to act, he replied through his radio, "The contact may have to wait. I think they are on the hunt again tonight... I will keep my eyes open, but I would like to intercept if I see a Vampire. Do I have permission, Pater?"
    Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 25th March 2007, 08:53 PM
    "By all means, of course."

Replied the priest

He lit a small cigarette. This promised to be a rather long night.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 25th March 2007, 08:56 PM
    Nicodemus grinned wickedly as he fingered his weapons, looking up to the swarm of crows overhead. "Well then..." he said darkly, his thick accent adding to the menacing chill of his voice. "Come down and face me, if you are Undead. If you serve one... tell your master to come to me and be done with it. I have many to send back to their graves; I do not have time or patience to spend too much time on just one."
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 25th March 2007, 09:04 PM
    ((Who are you talking to, Dave? ))
    Last edited by Archiver; 01-15-2017 at 08:26 AM.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 25th March 2007, 10:57 PM
    ((Father Niko's "Selah" or his servants...))
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 26th March 2007, 07:19 AM
    ((Selah he can become a flock of crows one of his special powers))
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 26th March 2007, 07:25 AM
    The crows lifted and flew down down toward Nicodemus and sweept past him and they started to gather few meters away from Nicodemus.
    They become a black mass with out shape but as more crows flew into it it started to shape.

And suddenly there was a man standing in front of Nicodemus, he was tall and strongly built and there was feeling of ancient coming from him. He made a small bow toward Nicodemus.
    "Good evening , good sir" he said with a gentle voice " Do you happen to know where a poor soul like me could find a place to rest?" He asked.
    He was not worried over the fact that Nicodemus was armed.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 26th March 2007, 08:11 AM
    Originally Posted by Father Niko
    ((Selah he can become a flock of crows one of his special powers))
    ((I just wanted to say that power is awsome! another thing is that i'm sorry about not posting lately. I've been busy. and i might be busy tomorrow too.))
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 26th March 2007, 08:20 AM
    Kat had fallen asleep lying on the bed watching the door. As the morning light came in the window she realized once again Father God had heard her and protected her. She smiled and began to praise Him for His goodness and mercy to watch over her. She did her morning ritual with a joyful heart, anxious to get back to the orphanage and be with the children again. She opened her door into the hallway and was puzzled to see a young girl sitting there.
    "Hello?" Kat said softly, not wishing to startle whoever it was. Kat figured it must be one of the families many relatives. She walked on out into the kitchen and wrote a note for Brother Carl to remind him she was going to the orphanage. She grabbed a piece of fruit and started out the door. The sun was shining and Kat praised the Lord for the night passing safely and for the new day. As she neared the orphanage there were men, trucks, and pure chaos.
    "What's happening? She asked but none of them spoke English. Finally she found Anna, her interpreter.

Kat sat on the bench stunned. Carlitos had not come back to the orphanage from the evening mass. No one had seen him. Kat's eyes turned to the church in the distance. She promised Carlitos she would go with him to the evening service tonight... maybe she should keep that appointment. She decided to do some snooping.
    Kathryn followed her back to the orphanage and sat behind the same tree. Her back was against it, not watching Kat sitting on the bench. She thought deeply about the singing and the cross around Kat's neck. She wanted to know who Jesus was and how he stopped her. So she got up and walked torward the bench where Katrina sat and stood right in front of her.

((I am assuming that some vampires do not know about the Lord Jesus Christ.))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 08:25 AM
    Kat looked up to see the young girl standing before her. "Hello... are you Kathryn? Miguel told me about you." Kat said gently.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 26th March 2007, 08:43 AM
    Kathryn looked at Kat straight in the eyes. "Y-yes ma'am." She said quietly. She hadn't spoken in a long time. She doesn't ever talk to anyone. Of course, no one ever talks to her and even if they did, she would never respond. Kathryn sat at the further end of the bench away from Kat.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 09:03 AM
    "Kathryn, do you know anything about Carlitos' disappearance? Did you see anything? Miguel told me you watch things and usually know what is going on." Kat responded softly. She waited to see what Kathryn would say.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 09:10 AM
    The crows lifted and flew down down toward Nicodemus and sweept past him and they started to gather few meters away from Nicodemus.
    They become a black mass with out shape but as more crows flew into it it started to shape.

And suddenly there was a man standing in front of Nicodemus, he was tall and strongly built and there was feeling of ancient coming from him. He made a small bow toward Nicodemus.
    "Good evening , good sir" he said with a gentle voice " Do you happen to know where a poor soul like me could find a place to rest?" He asked.
    He was not worried over the fact that Nicodemus was armed.
    Nicodemus nodded grimly while drawing his rapier in his right hand, his dagger in his left. "Yes, I do, Vampire." he replied. "The undertaker will find your body in the morning; after I have sent your soul to its rightful place. Then you shall truly be at rest. I ask you not to resist. It will only make things harder."
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 26th March 2007, 09:43 AM
    "Oh really and do you really think that I would let me meet the Final Death with out a fight" Selah said with a smile "Come on now, would you really think that i would contact you if i wanted to fight? I am here because there are too many kindred that are not following the rules, they feed and kill humans as they where cattle and that go on, even if the Elders in this city allows that kind of behavior. So are you going to kill me or just listen what i truly want?"
    All the time as Selah spoke , he was also spinning out a web among the shadows for defense if the man didn't listen.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 10:09 AM
    Carlitos stood in the derelict building, peeking out the cracks of the window at the *angel of death*! He was almost beside himself with excitement! The angel of death was confronting another! He felt the angel of death was his hero! Who needed a super hero when he could watch the greatest of all... the death angel himself! Carlitos crossed himself and his breath began to fog the window. He pulled back and let it defog but knew he may miss something! "Rats!" Carlitos whispered softly under his breath.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 10:14 AM
    Nicodemus had worked with the Undead long enough to know that they did indeed have hierarchies, many of which involved rules against rampant feedings. Did this mean that they did not need to feed, though? Nicodemus also knew that EVERY vampire had to drink blood, and so long as Selah was a Vampire, he was a threat to Nicodemus' charge.

"Is Soror Bonita what you truly want?" Nicodemus asked, a scathing glare in his dark eyes. "I saw the crow... I saw YOU trying to feed upon her... you tell me what you have to say, Vampire, but know that all who seek to feed upon Patris Deus' children shall be sent to the grave!"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 10:39 AM
    Carlitos heard the last part of what the angel of death said. He smacked his right fist into his left hand. "Get him!" He uttered in his excitement. He was going to get to see one of the night people destroyed! The night people that walked this town had become very brave the last few weeks. Carlitos knew it was the gangs working with them that made them so brave... He was going to help the church rid his town of this menace! Carlitos almost laughed, he was so excited.
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 26th March 2007, 11:34 AM
    "So she was important well that I apologize for" Selah said and bowed "I was looking for shelter as well as something to drink but I will not hunt any of your friends then" He looked at the hunter and wondered what could have happened to that man to show hatred but Kindred were not loved by humans but there was few that did.
    "What i want to say is that I am here because I want to stop the the killing of humans and also to take care of the punks that feed even if they don't have to, in other words i am here to drop the numbers of Kindred in Mexico, it is my duty as a Jusdicar do act to preserve the Masquerade." Selah paused and looked at Nicodemus and smiled "And now that i have said what i wanted shall we try to kill each other or do you have something else in mind?" he asked.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 11:48 AM
    "If you feed upon innocent humans, which includes ALL of the Church," Nicodemus challenged, "I have no choice but to slay you. I care little for your loyalties or masquerades; I seek only to purge the world of any of your kind who feed upon humans. ... sneaking into prisons to drink a small portion from criminals, or bringing justice to free criminals and human gangs... that is all I would ever consider acceptable." The Stregoni bitterly narrowed his eyes at Selah, still enraged at the memory of seeing the poor woman eyed by a lowly devil-spawn. Had they no honor?!

"Maybe not even that, for a free-roaming Vampire. Either way... one who maliciously hunts defenseless Nuns cannot be of good intention. I have a job to do, so you may either leave and make sure I never see or hear of you again, or you may come and die." With his ultimatum given, Nicodemus assumed an awkward en guarde position, his body facing slightly more towards his opponent, so that his left arm could still attack. His heart was still kept away from his enemy, though. This stance was one he had kept for centuries, since it allowed him to fight effectively without risking his only vulnerability too much.
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 26th March 2007, 12:00 PM
    Selah laughed "And you do think that I would let you kill me" he looked as Nicodemus had told him a good joke.
    "Poor boy does not know much about what he hunts, well I can tell you a secret just for you, see it as a freebie" He moved closer to Nicodemus and stopped just inside the reach of the rapier the Nicodemus had.
    "I don't need to drink from humans but it is the next best until i find what i look for. You see a vampire see a human as kin and thats why we should not kill them for they are innocent, many try to take just enough that they will live and not weaken the kin but I can tell that you are a fanatic follower of the church and i cant blame you but i have killed several hunters in my years because they attacked me when i only drank blood freely given or from blood banks. well to get to the point, to get what i really want i need to drain other vampires because I have become so old that only their blood has all the things i need, human blood i can live on for few days but vampire blood i can go with out drinking or feeling thirst for years" Selah smiled and spread out his arms "So attack me if you want to full fill your duty to god by killing even if the holy texts say Thou shall not kill"
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 12:09 PM
    Nicodemus glared at Selah, but a subtle confident look seemed to slowly grow on his face as Selah finished. The Stregoni gave an ever so slight smug smile, raising his eyebrow as he put his dagger away. "The Word does indeed instruct us not to kill... I commend you for knowing atleast that. But you..."

Nicodemus reached inside his coat, his rapier still ready to run Selah through if he came too close, and produced a wooden crucifix, with the carven image of Christ hanging from the cross. He held it up in his left hand, grinning wickedly with anticipation of Selah's cowering and hissing as he finished his sentence. "You are already dead! And unlike you, I am a friend of the God who's presence you cannot endure! Humble yourself before His image, you unholy wretch!"
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 26th March 2007, 12:14 PM
    "Kathryn, do you know anything about Carlitos' disappearance? Did you see anything? Miguel told me you watch things and usually know what is going on." Kat responded softly. She waited to see what Kathryn would say.
    "Smart boy." Kathryn laughed a little, "I do know where he is. He's inside. The reason why he's been gone was because of what he calls the... 'angel of death'. There is no such thing. At least I don't believe him. Just like everybody else in this stupid orphanage." She paused feeling like she should change the subject. "Your necklace...what does it mean? I've never seen something like that before."
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 26th March 2007, 12:15 PM
    Selah smile grew wider "Only he can judge me for my actions not you"
    With a few fast move Selah took the crucifix from Nicodemus hand and kissed the cross.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 12:51 PM
    There were only a few rare instances in Nicodemus' undeath that he had ever met anyone who made him feel that maybe, just maybe, he was not strong enough to handle the job on his own. This was one of those incredibly rare times.

Nicodemus was not dependent on holy objects, but any Vampire who could withstand them was truly a force to be reckoned with. This unholy devilspawn was not a Stregoni Benefici, it was clear. But whatever he was, Nicodemus would probably need Van Adruian's help in slaying him.

"I leave you to carry out your task, then." Nicodemus said bitterly, snatching his crucifix back from the Vampire and stuffing it back into his pocket, quickly backing away from Selah. "Hunt Vampires, then. They are in abundance here, and you will simply be making my job of slaying the wretches easier. Go... and do not come near the Church ever again. I am not the only one there who knows how to slay a Vampire, I warn you. Your intrusion tonight will have us on high alert."
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 26th March 2007, 12:58 PM
    "We will meet again young one but as you said to night we will part company as stranger" Selah said and stepped into the shadows and from there a flock of crows flew out into the night but one flew and landed on the roof above Nicodemus and looked at the man before it lifted of and joined with the others.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 01:07 PM
    ((This is the next morning AFTER Carlitos disappeared.))

Kat looked at Kathryn, "Carlitos? You know where he is? Where? The Policia have looked for him and not found him. He has been missing since last evening." Kat crossed her arms staring at Kathryn.

"My necklace is the crucifix, an artists rendering of Our Beloved Lord Jesus on the cross. It is a reminder of His Holy sacrifice for us, to redeem us from the jaws of the enemy who seeks to devour us and our spirits." Kat lifted it and leaned her cheek against it with a look of rapturous joy. "To truly come to know him Kathryn is to rise above this world and find joy and peace not to be found in this world." Kat said smiling happily.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 01:30 PM
    ((Timeline: This is the night before when Carlitos disappears.))

Carlitos stared at the man who melted into a flock of crows... his jaw dropped open and he forgot he was in hiding and rubbed furiously at the dirty, cracked window to make sure he could see everything. "The angel of death is merciful too! Mary, Mother of Jesus protect us from the night people!" Carlitos whispered.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 02:11 PM
    Nicodemus whipped around as he heard a furious rubbing sound above him. He saw one of the crows watching him, but it flew away to reveal a young Mexican boy. Now that he was no longer preoccupied, and thanks to his accute senses, the Stregoni could hear clearly as the boy spoke, "Maria, Madre de Jesus," The boy was Catholic! And he was praying as he watched Nicodemus!

While he was worried that his cover might be blown now, he could not help but feel a tinge of gentleness towards this faithful young boy. Nicodemus waved to the child, glancing about to make sure he was unseen, and held up his crucifix. It was the only sign of non-aggression he could think of, aside from putting away his rapier, which he did hastily.

Making use of his Vampiric abilities, he put his rapier in its sheath and laid his hands on the wall. Raising up a foot, he quickly, nimbly, silently, began to climb straight up the sheer surface, like a spider, or lizard. In a few moments, the Stregoni had come to the boy's window, and peaked inside. "Hola?" he asked quietly, hoping not to scare the poor child.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 02:22 PM
    Carlitos was dumbstruck and watched eagerly as Nicodemus began to climb up the wall to his window. He smacked his head and opened the latch so the angel of death could enter. He, Carlitos was going to meet the angel of death, who was able to chase away night people! He was grinning from ear to ear, his eyes gleaming with something akin to hero worship.
    "I am honored Senor Death!" Carlitos bowed at the waist as if to royalty. He was shaking but his grin and the rapt look on his face was from pure excitement. "Senora Kat will be so impressed!" Carlitos' eyes gleamed happily.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 02:31 PM
    Nicodemus frowned as he climbed in, saddened despite the boy's eagerness to see him. Senor Muerta? Sir Death? He was not sure who this boy thought he was, but his mention of Senora Kat was what truly worried him.

"Dear child," Nicodemus sighed in Spanish as he went down on one knee, looking Carlitos straight in the eyes. "I do not know who this Senora Kat is, but I must ask that you please not tell anyone what you have seen tonight. Why do you call me Senor Death, son? Where have you seen me before?" Either this child had mistaken him for someone else, or... or... "Oh dear... Oh no... has he seen me on duty at night?!"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 02:35 PM
    "I know who you are! You are the Angel of Death from Santa Maria! You have come to protect us from the night people who are working with the drug cartels and the gangs! Senora Kat knows about you already, she is my friend!" Carlitos' grin never disappeared, he hoped to make the angel realize he could be trusted.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 02:56 PM
    Nicodemus only seemed to grow more distressed at this news. "Mama mia..." he groaned, cringing and smacking his forehead. Slowly letting his hand slide down his face, the Stregoni sighed, hanging his head as he laid his other hand on the boy's shoulder. Resuming speaking Spanish, he confessed to Carlitos, "I am not the Angel of Death, child. I am human, like you. Or... I was." An even more sorrowful look came over him as he paused for a moment. As much of an honor as it was to serve God and his Church for nigh 6 centuries, it still pained Nicodemus to remember that he was still, even if only partly, a Vampire.

"But you are right that I am come to protect you from the scum that infect this earth. The Vampires have grown too bold as of late... I have been busier in these parts than..." well, he was about to say Serbia, but he was not so sure that this was true, nor did he think the boy would know what or where Serbia was. "Well... let us just say the Vampires are growing very dangerous now. Please... tell me what you have told this Senora Kat. Also, do you know anything about the gangs, and have you seen more Vampires that I have not? You see... I was ordered tonight to seek information. If you know something I do not... well, it will be dangerous... but if you are brave enough, young man, I could take you back to Santa Maria's with me. We will keep you safe from the Undead, and you can help us to protect this area from them in turn. But regardless of that... my work must remain secret, if possible, so I wish to know what you have told this woman, please."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 03:22 PM
    Carlitos nodded somberly. "Yes Senor. I am from the orphanage. I have seen you at the evening mass. I knew who you were, that you were here to protect us! I told my friends but they laughed at me and called me loco. Not Senora Kat... She is like walking happiness... I have never felt so good as when she came to play with us. She sits and laughs with us and teaches us games to play, then she plays them with us. She is fun to be with. I told her about you but she did not say I was loco. She said she believed me and promised to come to Santa Maria tomorrow night with me! No one has ever believed me before... Senora Kat is not bad Senor. She is my friend." Carlitos replied his eyes wide, childlike, open-honesty in all he said.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 26th March 2007, 03:22 PM
    ((This is the next morning AFTER Carlitos disappeared.))

Kat looked at Kathryn, "Carlitos? You know where he is? Where? The Policia have looked for him and not found him. He has been missing since last evening." Kat crossed her arms staring at Kathryn.

"My necklace is the crucifix, an artists rendering of Our Beloved Lord Jesus on the cross. It is a reminder of His Holy sacrifice for us, to redeem us from the jaws of the enemy who seeks to devour us and our spirits." Kat lifted it and leaned her cheek against it with a look of rapturous joy. "To truly come to know him Kathryn is to rise above this world and find joy and peace not to be found in this world." Kat said smiling happily.
    It's so strange...this woman...she acts as if she worships this person called 'Jesus'. I have to know more. She thought to herself. "Where can I find 'Jesus'?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 03:29 PM
    Kat smiled and tilted her head to look at Kathryn. "Anytime you want to know about Him, feel free to ask Kathryn. For it is my greatest joy to share His Love with others that they might find this joy and peace, that they might share in the glory of His Presence! I am not a good example of His Children perhaps but He is still teaching me, molding me to become better each day. However HE has asked me to share with any who HE sends to me seeking and it is truly a great joy to share His love." Kat smiled radiantly her eyes shining as she seemed to look beyond Kathryn at something so beautiful...she was caught up in it.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 05:30 PM
    Carlitos nodded somberly. "Yes Senor. I am from the orphanage. I have seen you at the evening mass. I knew who you were, that you were here to protect us! I told my friends but they laughed at me and called me loco. Not Senora Kat... She is like walking happiness... I have never felt so good as when she came to play with us. She sits and laughs with us and teaches us games to play, then she plays them with us. She is fun to be with. I told her about you but she did not say I was loco. She said she believed me and promised to come to Santa Maria tomorrow night with me! No one has ever believed me before... Senora Kat is not bad Senor. She is my friend." Carlitos replied his eyes wide, childlike, open-honesty in all he said.
    Nicodemus almost smiled at the boy's description of this Senora Kat. Not only that, but she would be at mass tomorrow night, so he would be able to keep the boy safe, then return him to her care! He was nervous about the fact that she "knew" about him, but... surely the boy couldn't know that he was a sort of Vampire?

"I suppose that can do no harm, then." Nicodemus said resignedly. "I will bring you to the Church tonight, and you may sleep there. I would like to know anything you know about the gangs and "night people" in this area, though. It is my job to hunt them, and I need all of the help I can get. Also... you and Senora Kat must NEVER tell anyone else about me... understand? Now... tell me your name, boy. I am Hermano Nicodemus, at your service."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 05:53 PM
    "I am Carlitos! Really? You will let me help you? I can tell you much about the gangs. I know their areas! Some of them I even know their hideouts because I watch. I am quiet, patient and I watch things." Carlitos looked up at Nicodemus. "Really? You will let me stay at Santa Maria? The Padre will not get mad?" He clapped his hands together in an expression of delight. "Only one thing... promise me you will not let anyone hurt Senora Kat?"
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 06:11 PM
    "If I can protect her, I will, Carlitos." Nicodemus promised, nodding humbly and placing his hand over his heart. "It is my solemn promise to you, for your help." The Stregoni grinned slightly, careful not to show his fangs as he stood up and offered his hand to the boy. "We have an agreement, then? The Padre will not be mad after you have helped us so. He is a kind man; much kinder than I can be. But we should leave now... they are watching. I will entrust you to a friend of mine once we reach the Church, but I must use tonight to hunt. I cannot hunt the night people during the day, you know."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 06:46 PM
    "Go to one block over and across the stree from the Cycle Repair. There is a club there called the Bloody Skull. Lots of very mean people are there after the sun goes down. It is closed during the day." Carlitos grinned up at Nicodemus.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 07:28 PM
    Nicodemus narrowed his eyes and looked away from Carlitos, hiding the wicked grin that bared his fangs. "... Muchos gracias." he said enthusiastically, closing his mouth and looking back to the boy. "Let us go to the church then, Carlitos. I will deal with the scum in the Bloody Skull while you speak with Pater Van Adruian."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 08:22 PM
    "Will Pater Van Adruian speak latin? I do not know latin. Is he an angel too? He will not be mad with me will he? Will you let me help you some more?" Carlitos asked grinning happily and the eight year old took Nicodemus' hand.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 09:24 PM
    "No." Nicodemus reassured the boy as he led him down the creaking stairs and out of the dark interior of the abandoned house he had hidden away in. His Vampiric senses gave him perfect night vision, so he had no worry of what lurked in the dark. He could see everything, so he was no more afraid than a human would be in broad daylight. ... Of course, Nicodemus had seen things that were scarier than what most humans would ever lay eyes upon. Humans today, that is.

Oh, how lucky the people today were. In the era Nicodemus had been born into, people still feared the monsters that hunted them; and with good reason! He thought it a true shame that everyone, especially modern-time folk, explained their disappearance away with science disproving superstition. If only those lofty armchair scientists knew the blood that had been spilt for them. Blood spilt by the unholy monsters they thought no longer existed; the blood of the Church's warriors. Vlkodlaks in Serbia, Satan-worshipping Louleerou in France, Blutsaugers, and all sorts of other hellish creatures of the night that plagued Europe. While people in France and his old homeland of Italy enjoyed the spectacles of the Renaissance, Nicodemus was sent out to protect nations that were bullied and kept in the dark by their larger neighbors. Places like old Serbia and Romania, or even Transylvania, were hotspots for supernatural activity. And Nicodemus had seen it all. He'd served peasants in the outskirts of Russia(though they were mostly Orthodox, he had a hard time denying their pleas for help in his rare off-times), in the fragmented lands now known as Germany, and even some places in Ireland. But he would ALWAYS remember the poor Slavs the most sorrowfully. Oh, the terrors he had seen there... these people in modern countries had no idea how lucky they had it.

These teens who pretended they were Vampires and Werewolves were only a step above the DIRT who actually tried to sell their souls to Satan and become them. Never had mentally-sound people done that before, but here they were today. And these wretched gangs and roaming Vampiric thugs were a new breed of supernatural scum of the earth that would once again have to be purged by God's Holy Messengers: The Holy Catholic Church. Nicodemus and his brethren would fight to the end, saving the innocent, and damning those who threatened them. None would be spared, save maybe by God himself.

But, souls were a priest's concern. Nicodemus was concerned about bodies. Especially the kind that got up and started killing things after they were already dead. And boy, did Nicodemus have a pretty impressive bodycount.

"Come, follow me." Nicodemus said quietly as he led the boy out the front door and the short distance towards the Church. "Van Adruian does not speak Latin... atleast not as fluently as I do. But, I am really Italian, and am much older, so he has a disadvantage. He will not be mad with you either. Help us all you wish, for we shall gladly accept it."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 09:39 PM
    Carlitos followed Nicodemus. Nicodemus promised to protect Senora Kat, Carlitos believed him. Now he was going to sleep in Santa Maria! He was nearly beside himself with joy. He hated the Bloody Skull... they had killed Gina, a street vender he knew that gave him apples sometimes.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 09:58 PM
    "Carlitos?" Nicodemus asked as they ascended the stairs to the Cathedral, a quizzical expression coming over his long Italian face. "How many languages do you know? ... Not many, I assume?" He hoped Carlitos would know some English, but right now he feared the boy only knew Spanish. He, being the learned and very very old man that he was, had quite a number of languages under his belt, including his mother Italian, Latin, a good bit of German, English, Spanish of course, and the occasional Slavic tongue. Van Adruian... well, he had spoken with him in English(a good thing, too. Nicodemus was almost starting to DREAM in Spanish, he'd been in Mexico for so long!), but he hoped the man came to Mexico with the ability to speak Spanish.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th March 2007, 10:21 PM
    "Yes Senor, I know the Ingl�s." Carlitos looked down embarrassed he hadn't paid attention in the classes the Sisters offer them on Sundays. He really wished he knew more now, especially since meeting Senora Kat.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th March 2007, 10:27 PM
    "He surely knows some Spanish, if it will be easier." Nicodemus reassured, though somewhat unconfidently as he opened the heavy wooden door and let Carlitos into the entrance. "Worry not. If worse comes to worse, a few of the Monks here know English well enough to translate. The Pater can seek them out if it becomes a problem."

They soon arrived before the room that Van Adruian was smoking in, deep within the Cathedral. He knocked loudly on the doorframe, then spoke and announced their presence. "Pater? I have our informant." he said in English. "He has already given me a lead, so I will go to continue hunting in the hours remaining before sunrise. I promised to keep him here for helping us... is this acceptable, Pater?"

While waiting for an answer, he also whispered down to Carlitos in Spanish, "Are there Vampires at Bloody Skull, Carlitos? ... Thank you very much for all of your help, young man. You have done us all a great service today, young one."
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 27th March 2007, 07:21 AM
    "I told you!!" the young gang member yelled "I told you about the Skulls"
    "Yes, I know but how can i trust that you are speaking the truth?" Selah asked while he was holding the punk by the throat against a wall.
    "Because you are one of them that will grant the members a eternal life and power above those of the humans"
    Selah smiled "Really now, you think that i would embrace a punk like you into my bloodline, don't think so highly of your self" and with that Selah snapped the gangsters neck like a twig. He had found out enough to know where the largest members of the new sect was and they were in Bloody Skull.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 27th March 2007, 10:17 AM
    "If you mean the night people... yes... they will not all be there though... they do their evil in the night. The Bloody Skull is only one of the places they go. Then there are the rivals. Arist�cratas and Dagas Mortales, the Aristocratas though... they have polic�a contacts and they are very slippery." Carlitos waved his fingers. Carlitos tried to stifle a yawn.
    "Remember you promise to look after Senora Kat for me..." Carlitos whispered, yawning again.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 27th March 2007, 07:34 PM
    Kat smiled and tilted her head to look at Kathryn. "Anytime you want to know about Him, feel free to ask Kathryn. For it is my greatest joy to share His Love with others that they might find this joy and peace, that they might share in the glory of His Presence! I am not a good example of His Children perhaps but He is still teaching me, molding me to become better each day. However HE has asked me to share with any who HE sends to me seeking and it is truly a great joy to share His love." Kat smiled radiantly her eyes shining as she seemed to look beyond Kathryn at something so beautiful...she was caught up in it.
    ((Sorry about not posting lately...Been busy.))

Kathryn got up from her seat and looked sideways to a building not that far from the orphanage. She pointed to it. "That building has the same symbol on it." She looked back at Kat. "You worship Him there, don't you?........I want to go there one day.....Can you...take me?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 27th March 2007, 08:07 PM
    "Yes Kathryn I should love to take you one day... when would you like to go?" Kat asked her eyes gentle and patient.
    Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 27th March 2007, 09:06 PM
    "He surely knows some Spanish, if it will be easier." Nicodemus reassured, though somewhat unconfidently as he opened the heavy wooden door and let Carlitos into the entrance. "Worry not. If worse comes to worse, a few of the Monks here know English well enough to translate. The Pater can seek them out if it becomes a problem."

They soon arrived before the room that Van Adruian was smoking in, deep within the Cathedral. He knocked loudly on the doorframe, then spoke and announced their presence. "Pater? I have our informant." he said in English. "He has already given me a lead, so I will go to continue hunting in the hours remaining before sunrise. I promised to keep him here for helping us... is this acceptable, Pater?"

While waiting for an answer, he also whispered down to Carlitos in Spanish, "Are there Vampires at Bloody Skull, Carlitos? ... Thank you very much for all of your help, young man. You have done us all a great service today, young one."
    "Entre! Father Van Adruian shouted.

Their was little smoke in the room, despite the fact that Father Adruian's cigarette still lingered lit it the room.

"Hola, Senor."

He said, hoping that referring to he boy as Senor would give him a feeling a maturity.

"Frater Nico, how did you find the boy? I hope not to hurl the boy into war with living dead." Van Adruian asked in late Medieval Serbian. He hoped the Stregoni would be familiar with the dialect, which was practically his second language.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 27th March 2007, 10:11 PM
    Nicodemus humbly bowed his head and gave his explanation. "He was watching me engage another Vampire. I would like to speak to you on that matter in more depth later on, but the entirety of the situation is that this is an elder vampire, resistant to my crucifix, who feeds upon OTHER Vampires. ... Few times before have I ever felt so glad to have my gorget."

The Stregoni was clearly embarrassed by the confession, but he was also quite serious. He did not think it would be fatal, but boy is the thought of being vampirized AGAIN frightening... just the thought of it almost made him relive when that Venecian wench bit him...

"The boy is to be kept safe here." Nicodemus explained. "He has seen many of the gathering places of these Undead filth, and I seek to take up his first lead tonight, at the Bloody Skull. Do I have permission, and what level of freedom will I be granted? He seems a wise child, Pater... at the very least, observant and keen of eye..."
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 27th March 2007, 10:18 PM
    ((Man, I have all the good RPers leaving me in the dust-- I have no idea when to come in. As far as I now, Sierra's still flying through the night sky. Somebody call me when there's a place I can come in.))
    Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 27th March 2007, 10:19 PM
    Nicodemus humbly bowed his head and gave his explanation. "He was watching me engage another Vampire. I would like to speak to you on that matter in more depth later on, but the entirety of the situation is that this is an elder vampire, resistant to my crucifix, who feeds upon OTHER Vampires. ... Few times before have I ever felt so glad to have my gorget."

The Stregoni was clearly embarrassed by the confession, but he was also quite serious. He did not think it would be fatal, but boy is the thought of being vampirized AGAIN frightening... just the thought of it almost made him relive when that Venecian wench bit him...

"The boy is to be kept safe here." Nicodemus explained. "He has seen many of the gathering places of these Undead filth, and I seek to take up his first lead tonight, at the Bloody Skull. Do I have permission, and what level of freedom will I be granted? He seems a wise child, Pater... at the very least, observant and keen of eye..."
    "Indeed, let the young man stay. He is well fitted for listening for us. By all means go, I will speak to him while you are gone. Your freedom is full, though before you make any majors moves I suggest you contact me.

As to the elder, we will indeed need to discuss him later. As of now, I believe you should introduce us."

Van Adruian took his cigarette and flicked it out the window.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 27th March 2007, 10:22 PM
    Nicodemus bowed to Van Adruian and took a step back, gesturing towards Carlitos. "Pater Van Adruian, this is Carlitos, our new informant. Carlitos... this is Pater Van Adruian. My superior. He is the one who wishes to know what you have seen in this city, good boy." he explained, although Carlitos surely needed the explanations far more than Van Adruian. "Carlitos, I must go off to hunt now. I will be sure to keep in mind what you have told me. And Pater, I shall contact you if anything should arise. ... It surely will, I fear."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 27th March 2007, 10:35 PM
    Carlitos nodded but looked up, "Do you have to go?" He asked Nicodemus, looking profoundly sad. He was intimidated by Father Van Adruian. Carlitos reluctantly turned his attention to Pater Van Adruian. He wasn't sure if he should bow and kiss his ring or just bow. So he bowed to the Pater and then stood quiet waiting for the older man to speak. He bit at his bottom lip and shifted on his feet uncomfortably.

"Senor Padre..." Carlitos whispered trying to think of the most respectful address he could use for this man.
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 28th March 2007, 05:14 AM
    As long as the nigh was young there was a lot that could happen.
    Selah was scouting out the night club and could say that there was some vampire activity in there. Many young humans walked into that club and after awhile they came out changed, what caught his eye was that the bouncers were vampires and there was at least four more inside and they looked like they belonged to the Council of Elders bodyguards.
    What are they doing, they really think that they can take over the country with help of a army of Fledglings Selah thought.
    A drunken girl walked past him and he was about to offer her some help when a idea struck him. He did not have to hunt all the punks done him self, he could use the Hunter from few hours ago but how.

"Essscuse meee?" a voice asked.
    Selah turned and faced a man that smelled alcohol, it was like he had a been bathing in it.
    "Yes, what can i be of service?" Selah asked politely.
    "Gooood sire... can you tell me where there is a nice little place for a man to get a decent glass of beer and whiskey?" the mans slurred and swayed from left to right.
    Selah smiled "Of course good sir, if you look over the street there at that nice little building" he said and pointed and the man followed his finger "Yes, I see that" the man said.
    "Well good sire, if you go to those gentlemen at the door they will show you into a nice little club that have the best whiskey in this parts of Mexico and the beer is at the top 5 in the world."
    The drunken fool smiled happy and started to walk slowly but surly to the Bloody Skull club and Selah smiled as he walked past the guards.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 29th March 2007, 12:08 AM
    Carlitos nodded but looked up, "Do you have to go?" He asked Nicodemus, looking profoundly sad. He was intimidated by Father Van Adruian. Carlitos reluctantly turned his attention to Pater Van Adruian. He wasn't sure if he should bow and kiss his ring or just bow. So he bowed to the Pater and then stood quiet waiting for the older man to speak. He bit at his bottom lip and shifted on his feet uncomfortably.

"Senor Padre..." Carlitos whispered trying to think of the most respectful address he could use for this man.
    ((So he's intimidated by Van Adruian, but he's not afraid of the dark, grim, red-eyed, messy-haired Italian guy that he thinks is the Angel of Death? ... Ok. If the Day of the Dead weren't a big celebration for Mexicans, I might be surprised.))

"Sadly, I must. I will see you tomorrow, Carlitos. Have a good night, and thank you again for helping us. Deus Patris bless you, child." Nicodemus said gently, though too stoicly to be kind. He bowed his head to Carlitos, then turned to Van Adruian and bowed deeply at the waist. "Pray for me please, Pater." he requested in the Eastern European dialect they had spoken before. "And God speed with the boy."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 29th March 2007, 03:24 PM
    ((oops sorry forgot to put up Amada's link. http://www.christianforums.com/t5063968-amada.html ))

Amada leaned back against the bar. These thugs were incredibly boring, the only reason she was here was to meet a new possible recruit named Sierra, Sedona...oh for goodness sake she had forgotten the wenches name again. While it might be entertaining to feed again tonight, Amada had better things to do. Xanco had other plans Amada would be patient and wait for Xanco's provision. He had promised 'lamb' and that was always most satisfying because of the rush of power she got from the foolish 'christians'. Amada growl/sighed her absolute pleasure at the thought and scared the mexican thug sitting next to her half out of his wits. She laughed merciliessly at him and flipped her head away.

Amada was beautiful, sensuous and every inch a vicious vixen. Trouble was Amada knew it and used it to her advantage. Self-absorbed but clever, she had risen high within the ranks of the organization. Amada waited for Sierra but was losing patience with the thugs around her. She had no desire to play their games. The lesser vampires were more than willing to play; she was not.
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 29th March 2007, 09:29 PM
    ((FINALLY! SALVATION! Or at least, a place to come in. ))

Sierra strode casually into the room where Amada was and yawned and covered her mouth with her hand. "Nice place." She looked at her fingernails. They were long and filed to be sharp, perfect for fighting and they just plain looked good. "So, care to tell me why I'm here, exactly?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 29th March 2007, 10:17 PM
    "To meet me..." Amada smiled, baring her fangs and knocked out a drunken gang member who made a pass at her.
    "This place is beginning to get on my nerves... shall we go somewhere more quiet?" Amada turned back to Sierra. "Xanco wants to know if you are interested in joining us. Come I have another place for us to talk." Amada led Sierra out a hidden passageway through a tunnel that led almost three blocks away and came out near a church.
    "Be careful Xanco wants no tails... keep your eyes open." Amada darted to another small building one block over that appeared deserted. Once at the side of the building she went down the stairwell to a basement door and slipped in, closing and locking the door behind Sierra. Another tunnel and they came up to a long tunnel which was an old aqueduct, long since buried and forgotten but now being used by the �lite ocultada or 'hidden elite'.
    Amada pushed three different bricks in and suddenly a section of the wall swung inward. The inside was diametrically opposed to the outside tunnel. The inside was opulently furnished in fine detail. Amada sighed happily.
    "Ah this is much better! Xanco wished to know if you want to join us. This by the way Sierra, is MY apartment." Amada tossed her hair and went to the fridge to withdraw a bag of blood.
    "Sorry all I have tonite is O+... but you look like you could use a drink!" Amada grinned at Sierra. "Another perk of working with Xanco."
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 29th March 2007, 10:22 PM
    Sierra smiled. "I haven't had a good meal in... years." She sat down politely on a chair and laid back a bit. "So, if I were to work for Xanco, what would be expected of me?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 29th March 2007, 10:32 PM
    "A little information gathering... not that much and the benefits are outstanding!" Amada grinned and poured the 'drink' into two crystal goblets. She clinked her glass against Sierra's. "Xanco saw you and liked what he saw. So you are being given this chance to join us. It sure beats trying to do things on your own... you will see... So you interested?" Amada grinned and took a drink.
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 29th March 2007, 10:43 PM
    Sierra downed the entire glass in one gulp. "Yes, very." She extended her hand to Amada. "You had me with the blood!"

((Sorry for such short posts-- these are really short even for me. ))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 29th March 2007, 11:25 PM
    Well, Carlitos had been right about one thing. There certainly were plenty of Vampires to be hunted at The Bloody Skull. It was difficult, though, to differentiate between them and the common rabble of human thugs that polluted the building as well. Nicodemus, thankfully, had remembered to change into more casual human attire before coming to the club. Despite his once dark Italian complexion, he now looked like a simple, albeit very pale mexican man with harder features. He was dressed in a drab brown, dirty coat that hid his heart plate, and his gorget was tucked away inside a massive pocket in his cargo pants. His dagger and pistol were also hidden, and he would have been worried about leaving his rapier behind if he hadn't known already that there would be too many Undead to take alone. He might have trouble acting the part once inside, but his new garb might help him blend in and atleast get past the Vampiric bouncers.

"Buenos dias(sp?), senor." he said in mock groginess to one of the men. "Is the tequila expensive here?" The men eyed him strangely, and Nicodemus worried for a moment that he might not have done a good enough job of disguising his Italian accent. Considering how alike Italian and Spanish were, it should not have been THAT hard! Oh, if Mamma Gianni had been multi-lingual, she surely would have been able to berate him for it.

But his worry passed slightly when a bouncer finally spoke up, "The man just wants some tequila. Let him in. Some of our customers like higher blood alcohol levels... he'll be right at home with the quieter bunch, I'll bet ya."

Nicodemus nodded and gave a weary grin to the other bouncers, who all begrudgingly grumbled their approval and let him through the door.

"Mamma mia..." the Stregoni murmured under his breath, his formerly groggy-looking eyes going hard and clear in rather coherent distaste. He proceeded to comment in Italian something along the lines of "This music SUCKS!" He could not recognize the Shakira music that the various young people and walking corpses in disguise were dancing to, but he did come to the conclusion that either the Mexican pop stars, the Mexican music producers, or the Mexican listeners, or any combination, were all mentally challenged.

"Hey," he said wearily to a passing clubber, who looked ready to punch him for interrupting... whatever it is he was doing. Nicodemus couldn't tell that he'd been doing anything, anyway. "Point me to the man running the music, por favor." The cocksure young man who was oblivious to the fact that Nicodemus could surely throw him across the room pointed to the disk jockey, and the Stregoni accidentally replied "Grazi" as he approached the booth, digging into his pockets for the pesos he had brought. If he had to work in this wretched place, he would atleast do it to good music.

And so he arrived at the DJ's booth, and had a most difficult time convincing the man that he had any taste in music after his first suggestion was In Extremo's metal rendition of Ave Maria. "I don't even know who those guys ARE, man!" the DJ said crossly. "Besides, that song's the crap my old hag mother listened to at Christmas time."

It took all of Nico's restraint to not say something incredibly un-Christ-like to the DJ for that comment. "How about E Nomine?" he asked. "Who?" "E Nomine! E Nomine, fool!"

"Psh." The DJ scoffed and leaned back in his chair, reaching for a hip hop album. "Come back when you have some musical taste, pal." The loud slam on his turntable caught his attention, and the generous amount of pesos sitting on them in place of Nico's hand had quite an impressive affect on his manners and musical tastes. "I think we might have some of that!" the man replied, scrounging through his stash of music for the one E Nomine single he was sent a few years ago by an old friend.

"Which ones, boss?" the DJ asked non-chalantly, glancing at the back of the case.

"Just one." Nicodemus grumbled. "I don't plan on staying long anyway. Just the main song on there."

The DJ looked at the case for a moment, then said quietly to himself, "Padre Nuestro it is..." He felt no small amount of shock when the disk was almost slapped from his hand by the strange pale man. If he weren't used to people like him hanging around, he'd have become quite suspicious. "What's wrong with you, man?!"

"The hell is wrong with YOU?!" Nicodemus demanded. "Vater Unser, fool! What do you see on the cover?! Did I not say the--"

"Man, I don't even know what language that's suppos--"

"What do you care?! I'm only asking for one song, just PLAY IT!!! Mamma MIA!"

"Pal, people are startin' to stare. I'll play your fruity little song, just get out of here and get something to drink. Sooner you're hung over and quiet, the better."

Asbegan to play, Nicodemus cursed to himself in Italian, hoping that everyone in this blasted place wasn't as stupid or uncultured as the man playing the music. He looked around and decided it was asking a bit much, but he didn't care. Taking a seat at the bar and telling the bartender to come back to him later, he glanced around and looked for familiar faces, people who looked distinctly like Vampires, anyone who might give him something to work with. He especially paid attention to the area around the door, hoping to see a Vampire leave so that he could pursue and kill without having to sit too long in this blasted club.
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 30th March 2007, 08:52 AM
    Selah was at the door when he heard the music and a wicked smile crossed his face as he walked past the the bouncers with out any problems. He knew the music and was nearly laughing out loud of oure joy of the hunt. His master had taught him that under the most holiest city of the church, there was no place better.

There was vampires here and they danced to the music, if they only know what they were dancing to. Selah walked over to the bar and sat down next to a ordinary looking man.
    "Bartender do you have something red and strong?" Selah asked as one of the bartenders walked past.
    The Bartender stopped and looked at Selah for a moment and then smiled "Ohh yes sir, we have something you might enjoy" he said and poured up a glass with a red drink" here you go good sire" and handed the drink to Selah.
    "Danke" Selah said in a strong German accent, he liked when some mortals did know what to look after to notice that a person was a Kindred.
    As he sipped his drink he looked around at the club to get his lay of the land, if something would happen, there was enough vampires here that even he would have to fight for real.
    "You must be Methuselah?" a young voice asked Selah.
    "Depends on who is asking"
    "My Mistress wants to meet a you, as you are the only second generation vampire in this bar" the voice said, Selah knew that it was coming from behind the bar but he didn't look.
    "And how can you know that?" Selah asked.
    "Good sir you have a strong aura that we that have that gift can sense at see it, there are few 6 and 7 here as well but mostly every one.."
    "are just fledglings" Selah ended the sentence "I know but tell your mistress that i am not for hire"
    A young girl stood up from behind the bar and she was pale as snow and there was no doubt what she was because those black eyes had no reflection but there was still life.
    "Please she docent want to hire you, because every one that are well versed in Vampire lore do know who your real master is" the girls said and smiled as she was happy to show her knowledge of vampires.
    Selah looked at her "You know you shouldent say those things aloud in here, where humans can hear you"
    "It's alright because all humans that are in here are soon to bee embraced into the unlife as well." the girl said.
    Selah trusted out his hand and caught the girl by the neck, he pulled her over the bar disk.
    "If she does that your mistress is dead as you are and every bloodsucker in this bar" Selah said and there was no way the girl could say that he was just joking.

(Note: A 2 second generation Vampire is just one step from the first Vampire ever walk the earth and that makes them strong, depending on what generation the vampire is that makes you a vampire, exemplar if Selah would make a vampire, then that vampire would be 3 generation)
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 30th March 2007, 09:12 AM
    Amada's 'pad' was opulent and luxurius. Her clothes were designer right down to her shoes. She was the epitome' of a wealthy playgirl and it suited her fine. Her apartments were however decorated with demonic symbols and evil lurked in every corner.

Amada had been a drug lords girlfriend in Chile before the vampire came to speak with him. Amada got cozy with the handsome man before realizing he wanted more than a roll in the hay. She had been following Xanco around now for too many years to count. She was enjoying the newfound power over these pathetically disorganized people in this town.

Amada noticed an evangelist was in town and he had several people with him. Amada begged Xanco to let them capture the whole group! Xanco was being cautious though. He seemed to be a bit leary of these people and Amada was deeply disappointed.

Amada was a bit jealous of Sierra being added to the 'elite ocultis' but maybe Xanco would take the entire group of 'lambs' after all... Amada enjoyed the ancient rituals. She despised the followers of Christ. They all thought themselves better than she... It was such fun to decieve them!
    Amada finished her drink and licked the remnants from her lips and fangs. "Xanco has free access to the blood bank..." Amada smiled at Sierra. "So welcome aboard. To be safe we will wait here until tomorrow night for Xanco's instructions. I have extra provisions..." Amada laughed and indicated a guest room.
    Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 30th March 2007, 11:02 AM
    "Carlo..." Father Adruian began, purposefully leaving off the affectionate spanish suffix.

"Carlo, when you have been watching...have you seen any odd people about? Any one that the night people seemed to follow?
    You see Carlo, there are some very dangerous people out there nino, people that I don't want Frater Nico to go after alone. I want to know whether or not they are here, and if you have seen them. Como?"

Van Adruian spoke these questions in spanish, and hoped to heaven the boy was more clever as he looked.

((Father Niko, if it isn't too much trouble do you mind PM'ing me some specifics as to Selah, his master's identity is rather important to a plot twist I am planning, it may be not as important as I thought but it also could be crucial. You generation count is fine, though again I will need to know exactly who you consider the first vampire, unless of course Selah is over four thousand years old going back to the first recorded vampire legends.))
    ...to the topTop

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 30th March 2007, 11:31 AM
    Carlitos thought a moment. "There is one that the others seem to fear more. It is a woman, muy bonita. She has mucho dinero, does not spend as much time there but the other night people... they fear her. Does that help?" Carlitos asked tilting his head and looking up at Van Andruian.

Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 30th March 2007, 12:05 PM
    Carlitos thought a moment. "There is one that the others seem to fear more. It is a woman, muy bonita. She has mucho dinero, does not spend as much time there but the other night people... they fear her. Does that help?" Carlitos asked tilting his head and looking up at Van Andruian.
    "Greatly, my son. Have you heard her name? Is there any one who she speaks to on a regular basis? I am very glad Brother Nicodemus brought you here. You watch well."

Van Adruian removed a second cigarette from his case and lit it again. Once again he did not smoke from it but merely let it burn.

This was a great night...many of the shadows would be brought down. The harvest in Santa Maria was great. It was time for the vengeance of the light.

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 30th March 2007, 12:27 PM
    Carlitos shook his head in the negative but looked pensive. Suddenly his eyes lit up. "I have heard them talking about se�ora del jefe Amada...the night people are very scared of her..." Carlitos looked scared himself as he seemed to be recalling the moment he heard the information.

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 30th March 2007, 01:34 PM
    ((I almost forgot I'm not the only German speaker in here. Niko, were you planning for Nico to be the "ordinary-looking man"?))

Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 30th March 2007, 02:09 PM
    "Yes Kathryn I should love to take you one day... when would you like to go?" Kat asked her eyes gentle and patient.
    ((sorry about not posting in a while. I had things to do.))

"When......Um...nights aren't good for me. How about tomorrow." She blushed a little.

((sorry...way too short. I have nothing else.))

Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 30th March 2007, 03:04 PM
    Sierra grinned as well and went into the guest room. "Thank you." She closed the door and sat down on the bed. All the demonic decorations in there frightened her a bit, but she never had been very religious, on either the Christianity front or the satanic one. She laid down and thought about the decision she had just made... she had just pledged her allegiance to a mysterious Xanco, although she had no idea who he was, or what his mission happened to be.

But then again, that's what she was hired to do. Step one, get in. Step two, find Xanco. Step three, assassination and escape. She went over the plan in her head a thousand times, planning everything down to the way she would be dressed. I sure hope Mr. President doesn't mind if I have a few free meals while I'm here. I've always heard Mexican 'food' was good.

Sierra had to build trust, had to move up, first, however. She had to make sure no one knew her true purpose of being here. And she had done it before.

Still, being promised a cure for her curse was enough to get her into the service of the United States of America, and their top-secret organization, U.V.D, a large but unknown branch of the FBI-CIA conjoining.

She had heard of vampires being 'forgiven' by God-- being allowed to live by the Catholic Church, and being supplied blood-- but they were still vampires. Sierra wanted something more... she had cried out this God of the church, but she was still this way. Her eyes welled up as she remembered all the pain this curse had caused her... her husband's death, watching from afar as her family aged and passed, never being able to have a friend without cursing them because of her hunger... she wanted to end it.

If you're out there... please... I want to be normal... I want to grow old and die... I want to have children... please... get rid of this... The prayer she had said thousands of times before still had no bearing on her situation. She wiped the tears from her eyes and sighed, then gritted her teeth. She was going to kill this Xanco, she was going to be made normal, she was going to succeed-- at all costs.

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 30th March 2007, 03:36 PM
    "Yes Kathryn, I will do that." Kat smiled at the girl but looked up. She could feel a evil presence even in the bright light of day. There was demonic activity in the area without a doubt. Kat knew she needed to pray and seek guidance. She would have to take some kind of action. Action the policia' seemed uninterested in taking.

Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 30th March 2007, 05:32 PM
    ((He is European looking))

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 30th March 2007, 06:24 PM
    ((So is that a yes? Is Nico sitting next to Selah?))

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 30th March 2007, 08:06 PM
    Amada paced the other room. She was so anxious to feed again. She had her victim picked out but Sierra's appearance put a damper on doing anything about it right now.

Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 30th March 2007, 10:32 PM
    Sierra opened the door and walked into the room Amada was in. "What's got you so worked up?"

((One... liners... *twitch*))
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 31st March 2007, 10:16 AM
    ((Yes he is by mistake ofcourse ))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 31st March 2007, 10:26 AM
    Amada was a bit shocked by Sierra's appearance but smiled. "Just getting a bit too excited about what is ahead." Amada licked her lips and fangs slowly in anticipation. "I am sorry I disturbed your rest. The sun will be rising soon. I feel the ache of dawn in my being. Again I apologize for disturbing you." Amada stretched and kicked off her expensive shoes. She swept them up in her hand and walked back to disappear into shadows beyond.
    Sierra was left in the front bedroom with all she needed. A short time later she heard Amada's voice muffled talking to someone but the words were not audible.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 31st March 2007, 10:33 AM
    ((No sweat, man. I just wanted to be sure so I didn't ruin anything))

Nicodemus had been doing his best to pretend he was drunk, or at the very least, incredibly tired, as he saw a Vampire come near. Hastily, he called over the bartender and ordered a margarita. He still could not drink... but he could pretend to while the Undead sat beside him. The Stregoni slumped forward, covering most of the side of his face with his hand, hoping to keep from being noticed.

With climbing interest, Nicodemus listened to the conversation, gingerly pretending to sip at his drink, only being distracted by the irritating salt on the rim of the glass for a moment. "Crazy Mexicans." he grumbled mentally. "Always so extravagant with their mediocre food and drink..." But the thought was quickly cast from his head as he listened to the end of Selah's conversation. He had recognized the voice, now that he saw the Vampire out of the corner of his eye, and he turned to look up at him when the girl left.

"Rot und stark, hmm?" He asked, deciding to speak German since Vater Unser had proven that they were very likely the only German-speakers in the club. "Wie gehts, Blutsauger? Was machst du hier? ... Was war das wenn sagst du, "Jeden Blutsauger in dieser bar?"" The Stregoni flashed a grin to Selah and continued briefly, "Ich denk Ich bin an deine seite, wenn du bisst gegen die Blutsaugeren."

To the non-German speaking people who don't mind the fact that I actually KNOW the language Nicodemus is speaking for once... :"Red and strong, hmm?" "How goes, blood-sucker? What are you doing here? What was that when you said "Every bloodsucker in this bar?"" "I think I am on your side, if you are against the bloodsuckers."
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 31st March 2007, 12:23 PM
    ((So he spoke up to Selah before he started to talk with the othere vampire??))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 31st March 2007, 12:26 PM
    ((No, this was after Selah was done with her. ... Assuming he was actually done. Sorry if he wasn't.))
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 31st March 2007, 03:27 PM
    ((Nope he was not done, I made a pause so that any body could react before I went on ))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 31st March 2007, 04:21 PM
    ((Ah... then just answer that whenever you're done, I guess. I can wait. ))
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 31st March 2007, 06:35 PM
    Sierra crept closer, trying to listen to Amada's words. What are you up to...? She listened carefully and attempted to look like she was looking at a decoration at the wall in case Amada came back.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 31st March 2007, 08:30 PM
    "...okay then I want addresses. Have one of the gang goons follow them and I want a full report tomorrow night. Xanco is getting itchy for some action..." Amada's silky voice could be heard through the heavy door barely.

"OH? When? I want a tail on them too. I want to know exactly where those two are staying too, comprende? Failure will result in painful consequences. Oh honey... you'd be surprised what you can live through! Yeah? Try me! I've had years of practice and believe me... I'm GOOD at it!" Amada raised her voice just slightly on the last sentence in obvious anger. She squealed angrily and threw something which struck the door, clattering to the floor in several pieces.
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 31st March 2007, 09:22 PM
    Sierra attempted to look like she had no idea what was going on, and quickly strode over to the door. She knocked. "Senora Amada? Is everything alright?"

((Man I need to get away from these one-liners somehow... they're driving me nuts! ))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 31st March 2007, 09:34 PM
    Amada finally opened the door one eyebrow raised but a look of irritation on her face.
    "I see you take snooping seriously Sierra. However it is not wise to snoop on either myself or Xanco... He gets very upset over it. Just a piece of advice if you wish to remain in the organization and the alternative...well you don't want to go there..." Amada smiled, but behind it her eyes held sinister threat.
    "You will have a few assignments to take care of before Xanco makes up his mind. Tests if you will..." Amada looked Sierra up and down then smiled again. "Well see you tomorrow..." Amada watched Sierra until she went back in her room, then Amada pushed a button and Sierra's door locked.
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 31st March 2007, 09:52 PM
    *@$&. Trapped like an animal. Sierra sat down on the bed and sighed. Watch yourself, girl. You could've just blown your cover. What now? Amada probably knows who you really are now, and when you least expect it, she'll off you...

Well then, I suppose I'll just have to make sure she doesn't get the chance.

((DEATH OF THE ONE-LINERS! ))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 31st March 2007, 10:44 PM
    Amada slipped out her secret door. She had about 30 minutes. She pulled her cloak hood up and hurried down the tunnel to another door. She touched the button and the wall slid out to admit her.

She slipped into the room and went to the bar. A tall distinquished man stood behind it smiling at her.
    "Well... to what do I owe the honor Amada?"
    "Sierra... she spied on me..."
    "Really? Interesting..."
    "The Bloody Skull seems to have a couple of interesting visitors too."
    "Yes... things are getting interesting aren't they?"
    "Xanco! Do something! At least let me have my fun..."
    "Amada... patience... we must not get in a rush..."
    "Grrrrrr... okay..." Amada licked her lips and fangs with slow intensity. Xanco laughed at her.
    "Calm down Amada... I always take care of you don't I? The prey is already located and tagged, all I have to do is make a call and the delivery will be made. Business first."
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 31st March 2007, 11:31 PM
    Sierra sat. And sat. And sat. There was nothing to do here but wait. And worry. And plan. What else could she do? If Amada knew who she was, she had to get out-- find Xanco, eliminate him, get home, get this new cure, and start over-- but first she had to survive. And to do that, she had to act natural. So she waited... until the time when Amada would return.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 1st April 2007, 10:24 AM
    "Alright but be careful...those two in the Bloody Skull had Gregor very nervous." Amada pouted then waved and slipped back out the wall and into the derelict tunnel to her own hideout. She went to her room and locked down the entire place so both she and Sierra could sleep undisturbed until the next evening.
    Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 2nd April 2007, 10:00 PM
    "Thanks you Son Carlo. Garcias, indeed. If you desire to stay the night here you may find a room, it is all safe. Frater Nico insured that. I apologize I cannot be a better host, but I must think. The information you gave me is mucho helpful, but quite hard to understand. I will have some one return to you to the orphanage tomorrow, but you must promise not to tell any one of what has happened to night. Do you promise Carlo?"

Van Adruian was already hard in thought,

He knew of Amada, not the kind to pose a threat to one such as Nico, even if he was a later generation, he was better trained than some third gens that he had met.
    However, Amada was not a head, there was some one else...but whom?

Mattemeo?
    Vlasdimir?
    Bathazar?
    Judas?
    Set?
    Or perhaps...Xanco?
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 2nd April 2007, 10:49 PM
    Carlitos was bitterly disappointed. He wanted to stay and help Brother Nicodemus! He was on an adventure and it would be such a let down to go back to the orphanage. He frowned but obeyed realizing Van Andruian was busy. He wondered why adults were always so busy...
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 2nd April 2007, 11:08 PM
    ((Niko? What should I do? You gonna finish, or should Nicodemus tell the girl to bug off so he can talk to Selah?))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 3rd April 2007, 08:57 AM
    Kat stood up from the bench after patting Kathryn�s hand gently. At least the tears were stopped for the moment. She went to the children and began to ask (through Anna) questions about Carlitos� movements after she left. Finishing, she thanked the children and promised to come back in a while to play with them.

Katrina began walking determinedly for Santa Maria Church. As she walked she carefully observed alleyways and buildings. She even went to look in broken windows at the vacant interiors, realizing Carlitos could be hidden anywhere in these derelict buildings. Kat decided she would help search these buildings one by one if necessary. First though she must go to Santa Maria and search around the church and church yard.

Kat arrived at the large edifice and walked around. She became very excited when she found just a small shred of material attached to a broken bit of tree bark�but it matched the shirt Carlitos had been wearing the day before! Kat pulled out her gloves and her purse to slip the piece of cloth and tree bark into her purse, carefully turning the glove inside out, to enclose the item without touching it.

Kat then began looking at the outside of the building, stopping to sketch in a rough layout on a notepad. There were two doors on this side. She took note of that and the small brick outbuilding of some sort; it probably was a gardening shed. Kat walked all around the church carefully taking note of architecture and shape. Finally coming back to the entry steps, she climbed them and went inside. Katrina took out her notepad and began to make notes on floor layout inside the church. Also making notes of the baptismal in the back where the blessed holy water resided under the ornate cover inside the marble basin.

She went to the table of candles. Some of the wicks were flickering softly in the dim shadows of the back of the church. Kat then turned to the pews and bowed to the crucifix, thanking JESUS for His sacrifice and immeasurable love and took a seat. She continued to sketch and ask the Lord for His help. She knew she was up against an impossible task. The silent empty church was majestic in its splendor and also reverent in its silence. �Let the whole earth be silent before YOU LORD� and know that YOU are Holy!� Kat whispered softly. �Help me Lord for I am weak and foolish and have no clue where to go or what to do. Bless Carlitos and bring him safely back to us.� Tears slipped down Kat�s face and she reached for tissues in her purse.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 10th April 2007, 10:30 PM
    ((Niko, what are we gonna do?))
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 11th April 2007, 07:45 AM
    ((Me well i was waiting for the go ahead signal from you so that i know that I my use my char))
    Posted by dramaking (Member #100855) on 11th April 2007, 07:56 AM
    ((Me well i was waiting for the go ahead signal from you so that i know that I my use my char))
    ((If that's referring to me, go ahead! I thought I already said that...Dang PM eating computer...)
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 11th April 2007, 08:55 AM
    ((Sorry Dave I will post as soon as i get home from work))
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 11th April 2007, 09:17 AM
    Selah let go of the little vampire and she ran of fast not wanting to draw the anger of one of the few servants of the First for the new ones that serve the First dont embrace any new ones and Selah is a new servent of the First.

After that the messenger had run off Selah looked at Nico "So you like club life as well" but Selah was not in the mood for a fight not even a friendly one because there was a mass embrace soon with the approval off the Vampire Council and they where really going to started a war against the Humans and that was not allowed but even so not all kindred where standing behind the council.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 11th April 2007, 11:25 AM
    ((Thanks!))

Nicodemus curled his lip in disgust and shook his head no, looking back down to the bar. "No. I am here strictly for investigative purposes." he replied in German, assuming that Selah would be the only one in the club who spoke it. "I am quite surprised to see this many Vampires here... I knew that the infestation problem in this town was prevalent, but not to this extent."
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 11th April 2007, 12:34 PM
    "Well the problem is that there will be more soon because the lure young kids from the streets into their service and after that they will embrace them into the unlife. They even wanted me to help them but I am not allowed and i I will not be the one that will spread the curse" Selah replied in old German.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 15th April 2007, 12:41 PM
    Bah, Old German. Thanks to that Luther fellow who stirred up so much trouble with Lord Cosimo's descendent, Nicodemus hadn't had to speak Old German in centuries. He hoped Selah would still be able to understand him if he had to speak a pigeon of Old and High German. "So..." the Stregoni said warily. "I presume you seek to stop this? If so... while I am normally loathe to embrace ANY sort of alliance with the Unholy... Well, good sir, the Church would forgive me, and I might be able to live with myself, if you are a foe that I cannot fight alone, and who does not threaten the Faithful. While now I am disinclined to consider you an ally... well, you surely know by now what I am: A Blood-sucker that combats Blood-suckers. Perhaps we could... reach some form of understanding concerning this town's fate?"
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 17th April 2007, 02:34 AM
    "It is not the towns fate i am concerned but the countries as well" Selah informed, he looked at the hunter.
    "You might or might not know that the ruling council of the Vampires have for some reason got their sight on this land and by doing that they are breaking the oldest rule there is."
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 17th April 2007, 08:06 AM
    Kat stood up from the bench after patting Kathryn�s hand gently. At least the tears were stopped for the moment. She went to the children and began to ask (through Anna) questions about Carlitos� movements after she left. Finishing, she thanked the children and promised to come back in a while to play with them.

Katrina began walking determinedly for Santa Maria Church. As she walked she carefully observed alleyways and buildings. She even went to look in broken windows at the vacant interiors, realizing Carlitos could be hidden anywhere in these derelict buildings. Kat decided she would help search these buildings one by one if necessary. First though she must go to Santa Maria and search around the church and church yard.

Kat arrived at the large edifice and walked around. She became very excited when she found just a small shred of material attached to a broken bit of tree bark�but it matched the shirt Carlitos had been wearing the day before! Kat pulled out her gloves and her purse to slip the piece of cloth and tree bark into her purse, carefully turning the glove inside out, to enclose the item without touching it.

Kat then began looking at the outside of the building, stopping to sketch in a rough layout on a notepad. There were two doors on this side. She took note of that and the small brick outbuilding of some sort; it probably was a gardening shed. Kat walked all around the church carefully taking note of architecture and shape. Finally coming back to the entry steps, she climbed them and went inside. Katrina took out her notepad and began to make notes on floor layout inside the church. Also making notes of the baptismal in the back where the blessed holy water resided under the ornate cover inside the marble basin.

She went to the table of candles. Some of the wicks were flickering softly in the dim shadows of the back of the church. Kat then turned to the pews and bowed to the crucifix, thanking JESUS for His sacrifice and immeasurable love and took a seat. She continued to sketch and ask the Lord for His help. She knew she was up against an impossible task. The silent empty church was majestic in its splendor and also reverent in its silence. �Let the whole earth be silent before YOU LORD� and know that YOU are Holy!� Kat whispered softly. �Help me Lord for I am weak and foolish and have no clue where to go or what to do. Bless Carlitos and bring him safely back to us.� Tears slipped down Kat�s face and she reached for tissues in her purse.
    ((sorry about not posting lately. There was stuff to do and writer's block. Ugh.))

Kathryn decide to follow her to the Santa Maria. She stepped in through the doors and walked up beside her facing the front of the church. "You really care for him that much? He's an eight year old orphan that has nothing to do with you what-so-ever and you still care for him?Then you ask for someone's help that's not even here? I don't even understand. You people are so strange. None of it makes sense."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th April 2007, 08:28 AM
    Kat turned to Kathryn and smiled. "Oh yes I do care about each of you. Our Heavenly Father made each of you special and unique. Each one of you is a gift from Heaven. You have freedom of choice, you may choose to reject your Creator but He loves you. He is also never more than a whisper away from us. He will walk with us even through the valley of the shadow of death! No task or nightmare we face is bigger than HE is. HE is a mighty God and worthy of our praise and worship!" Kat smiled at Kathryn. She hoped to show this girl a small glimpse of His Goodness and Mercy. 'Help me be a good example to her Lord...' she prayed silently.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th April 2007, 09:44 AM
    "It is not the towns fate i am concerned but the countries as well" Selah informed, he looked at the hunter.
    "You might or might not know that the ruling council of the Vampires have for some reason got their sight on this land and by doing that they are breaking the oldest rule there is."
    Nicodemus raised an eyebrow, seemingly pleased by this revelation. Selah was one of the only Vampires Nicodemus had faced that he knew he would have a difficult time slaying; and now he was on HIS side! Things could not have started off much better! He offered up a silent prayer of thanks, seemingly deep in thought, before replying, "Well then, good sir... perhaps we should agree to some manner of cooperation? I have little information concerning the operations of Vampires, but I can share with you what I know. If you will not prey upon the innocent, then I shall aid you in seeking the Vampire blood you hunger for; and I can alert the Church to the situation, and we will redouble our efforts to protect this Catholic country. I will even alert my comrades to your common goal with us, so as to stay their weapons. Is this acceptable, sir?"
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 17th April 2007, 10:17 AM
    Selah laughed and smiled at the Hunter "There is a lot you don't know about the kindred way of life or unlife as you might say but yes I can managed with out the blood of Kin but I will threat any attacker as not being innocent or in Gods grace."

Selah looked at the dance floor and saw that already some of the young vampires where sharing the curse.
    "I can work with a Hunter but can the Hunters live with the fact that they are working with one of the Cursed Child's?" Selah asked Nicodemus.
    "By the way of you have that much knowledge's then you might have heard of the name Methuselah, I would like to know what the church does know about that name"
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th April 2007, 11:02 AM
    "Biblically," Nicodemus began, answering Selah's question. "We know that he was the oldest mortal man in history. He died when he was over 900 years old... before Israel was even founded. That is the only Methuselah we know of." In response to his other question, Nicodemus merely narrowed his eyes and nodded. "My job is not to deal with knowledge. I report to higher power with what I learn. My job is to obey and to send the souls of the living dead back to where they belong. If you want information from ME, you will need to speak to those who supply me with it."
    Posted by Father Niko (Member #93453) on 17th April 2007, 01:22 PM
    "Thanks any way for the little you did know" Selah said to the Hunter.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th April 2007, 02:24 PM
    Nicodemus seemed slightly confused, but he nodded and stood. "Zehr gut." he said warily. "Danke schoen fuer deine zeit, gut Herr. Gutenacht. Bis Spaeter." ((FYI, I'm using e's to replace the umlauts, Niko))

With that, the Stregoni took on a fake drunken swagger, making his way out of the club and hoping that no one had noticed that he didn't drink a single thing. He needed to get back to Santa Maria, and quickly. There was much work to be done before Evening Mass ended... It was a Friday night, and nobody seemed ready to go home, save the Vampires who lived a ways away and wanted to get to their resting places before sunrise. Saturday couldn't come soon enough for Nico.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th April 2007, 04:33 PM
    Amada had a message from Xanco when she awoke. Her cell was flashing softly on her dresser. She yawned and took her time looking in the mirror. She grimaced and looked closer.
    "Oh stakes and snakes! I HAVE to have an infusion soon. I'm looking wrinkled! This simply will NOT do. Stupid Xanco... I wasn't greedy... I just asked for one..." Amada flipped her hair and frowned at the dullness of it. Finally her eyes fell on the cell phone light still flashing.
    "Oh all right, what insignificant message have you got for me now?" she snarled at the small device. She flipped it open and put in her code.
    "Amada... you are looking wrinkled..." Amada's eyes went feral and she snarled at Xanco's voice. "...I have decided to let you single out one of the group we have chosen. She has been making frequent trips to the orphanage near Santa Maria." The message ended and the dial tone indicated that was all. Amada's frown had become an intensely pleased grin. She pursed her lips and blew a kiss at the cell phone.
    "Xanco darling, how could I have doubted you!?" She cried with glee. Amada was now in a wonderful mood and she smacked the button to release the doors. She swept out of her door into the living area with several swirling dance steps.
    "GLORIOUS EVENING!" She cried out to no one in particular.

((Sierra can come out Holy Knight.))
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 19th April 2007, 09:33 PM
    ((Yes! ))

Sierra jumped up at the sound of the doors unlocking. Stretching the wrinkles out of her black shirt, she yawned. "Ms. Amada? Is it time to go out now?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th April 2007, 09:43 PM
    "Yes Sierra, we will go to the club first I have to speak to a few of the contacts there. Then we will go out and about..." Amada grinned slyly at Sierra and raised an eyebrow full of hidden meaning.
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 19th April 2007, 09:56 PM
    Sierra nodded. "I am ready anytime you are, senora." Sierra returned the grin.

((No! Must... abandon... one-liners... ))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th April 2007, 10:03 PM
    Amada leaned over the fridge behind the bar and pulled out what she was looking for. "Here Sierra, my treat... " She smiled but did not remove a bag of blood for herself. She hummed a tune.

"I'll be back in a minute. I want to change my dress." Amada did several perky dance steps toward her chambers then disappeared within closing the door behind her.
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 19th April 2007, 10:08 PM
    ((Thank you! ))

Sierra happily took the blood and drank slowly, enjoying every drop. When she was done, she wiped her mouth and licked her lips. My, type O. How exotic! Sierra giggled quietly and sat down on the couch, leaning back and reviewing her mission. Get in, kill Xanco, get out. Do whatever it takes to kill Xanco without being discovered, no matter how long it takes. And then... I'll get my cure." Sierra yawned again and sighed. She flicked her blonde hair to the side and smiled slightly. Type O. I never get type O blood!
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th April 2007, 10:52 PM
    Amada returned dressed in a deep red fitted suit, the lapels meeting in a sensuous cut. Even her heels were the same deep red, blood red. Amada's dark hair shimmered in the light. Her eyes danced with glee.
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 19th April 2007, 11:23 PM
    Sierra's smile grew a bit wider as she politely stood. "So, where are we off to?" Her fingers twitched a bit, she had to make sure to lie well.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th April 2007, 09:07 AM
    ((Anyone need to write anything for Saturday during the day?))

Amada looked stunning. She smiled at Sierra.
    "You still have some things to do. Are you still wanting to prove yourself to the boss?" Amada asked watching the other vampiress with apparent non-chalance.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th April 2007, 10:01 AM
    ((Sat. evening...))

Katrina ascended the steps of Santa Maria. She had told Kathryn she would take her to Santa Maria but that would be another day. For this Saturday night mass, she had a mission. While she was not Catholic, she had been raised in the Anglican Church and knew many of the Catholic ways. She was hoping this evening would lead her to Carlitos and some answers. She should be with Brother Carl’s group, ministering but she could not when she was so worried about Carlitos. Someone had to care since the policia didn’t!

Kat was dressed in a becoming midnight blue suit; her black lace mantia covered her upswept hair. Silky tendrils of hair escaped and framed her face as she looked up at the crucifix behind the altar, from the back of Santa Maria’s sanctuary. She genuflected before taking a seat in the back pew where she had a good view of all the entrances beside the one at her back. That entrance she would check periodically as she knelt. Katrina sat down and proceeded to make mental notes of the construction, especially the small unobtrusive door sitting farther in the shadows of the alcove past the door to the sacristy of the priests. That doorway apparently led no where from what she could balance from her notes of the outside structure. She did remember though that many of the ancient churches had basements, tunnels and sometimes mausoleums beneath the church. Kat also recalled in old Europe many people were buried under the very stone floors of the churches.

‘What had Carlitos said? The *angel of death* comes to the evening mass sometimes… hmmm well *angel of death* lets see who you really are!’ Kat thought. She said her personal prayers and then sat back on the pew, the hymnal propped up while she scanned the room surreptitiously. The policia had not been interested in Carlitos’ disappearance. ‘He was just an orphan… one less mouth to feed’ the horrid man said! Kat was still burning over that one. The officious creep looked as criminal as those he was supposed to be arresting! He probably was more criminal, if the truth were known.

Kat had the lace mantia pulled across the lower part of her face, pinned in place with a bobby pin. She hoped she would remain fairly anonymous. The church filled with a few people but not very many. Thankfully none she recognized.

What am I doing? I’m not a real investigator…’ Kat questioned herself. It all faded when the smiling face of Carlitos came to her mind’s eye and she steeled herself. She was not going to have him pulled into something dangerous if she could help it! Just before the mass started, she saw someone that matched Carlitos’ description of the ‘angel of death’. Hovering in the shadows, near one of the alcoves, was a tall slender figure clothed in dark clothes, his skin was very pale. It must be Carlitos’ angel of death! Kat’s heart began to thump as she tried to figure out what to do next. She really wanted to know if this man intended Carlitos harm. She was a stranger in a strange land…this was impossible. Then a gentle nudge to her heart reminded her, she did not walk alone and she did nothing in her own strength!

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,” she whispered Phillipians 4:13 under her breath.
    “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4:19…” she whispered again, gaining strength from the Word of God. Another scripture sprang to her mind and she smiled, for she knew it was no coincidence these scriptures were being called up from her heart.
    “… My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” She quoted still under her breath, too soft for any normal human ear to hear. She took a breath and continued, “… Second Corinthians 12:9. Thank YOU Lord, for your goodness and mercy to walk with me through these dark paths…” Kat calmed her mind and sought His guidance prayerfully but kept an eagle eye on the mysterious figure in the shadows.
    Kat wondered if this person had done something to Carlitos. However Carlitos had expressed that ‘the angel of death’ did not make him afraid…that he liked him very much. Kat looked at the shadowy figure again, she had questions to ask him. Kat fought the fear that rose up in her. She kept the scriptures running through her mind.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 20th April 2007, 10:14 AM
    Nicodemus had only paid so much attention to the congregation. He knew that the woman Carlitos had been entrusted to would be here, according to his young informant, but there was little he could do during mass. In his dark variation of a monk's habit, he was content to stand off in the darkness, smiling slightly as he watched the service. He was not learning anything new; being a member of the Catholic Church for over 500 years could do that to you. But he still enjoyed this peaceful time of reminders that God really was in control, and that no evil could stop him or his plan. Nicodemus had seen spiritual warfare, though not nearly as much as he had physical combat, and he knew how strong the name alone of his God could be. The lack of new material and the fact that he was tired of listening to people speak Spanish were his only complaints, and neither of which could be helped, really. As the service drew to an end, he would move to the back door and watch for this "Senora Kat" that Carlitos had mentioned. He had given Nicodemus a fairly general description, lost among nonesense about being "walking happiness" and what not. The woman sounded American; or at the very least, like she was not from Mexico. The Stregoni doubted it would be difficult at all to find her.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th April 2007, 10:42 AM
    It seemed to take forever for the service to end, partly because it was in Spanish and she didn't understand most of it, partly because she was anxious to try to speak to this mysterious figure she had spotted. She looked back up as the recessional hymn started and gasped! The figure was gone from the shadows in the alcove! Kat looked around alarmed, trying to locate the mysterious figure and could see no one. She went forward to inspect the alcove but it was merely silent and filled with shadows.

Deeply disappointed she got in the line behind the others to exit and speak to the priest.
    'Why Lord? Why have I missed him?' she thought with chagrin and tugged the mantia loose so that it draped freely on each side of her face but no longer covered her face. The blonde hair was noticable among the more common dark heads around her.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 20th April 2007, 11:01 AM
    Katrina had unknowingly made Nicodemus' job so much easier! She stuck out like a sore thumb and then some amongst all of the mexicans in the congregation; heck, she would have stuck out back home in Italy! Nicodemus knew that he also stuck out with his slightly bent, long, angular nose and rigid facial features, so he wasted no time in approaching the line.

When Katrina came near, he asked in English (since he knew that this woman was either American or Western European, in which case she would atleast be LIKELY to know English. If she didn't understand him, he'd start experimenting with Italian, Spanish, German, French, and Suomi.

"Excuse me, child." the rather unusual monk beseeched Katrina. "May I speak with you for a moment? I... I belive someone is looking for you here."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th April 2007, 11:05 AM
    Kat's eyes flew open wide in shock when she saw the very one she was looking for standing there! He was asking to speak to her!
    'THANK YOU LORD! What would I do without YOU?' she spoke in her heart.
    "Yes, I wish to speak to you too. I've been looking for you..." Kat replied honestly her eyes taking in his appearance. 'Carlitos was right... he does resemble my idea of the *angel of death*.' Kat smiled at him.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 20th April 2007, 11:10 AM
    THIS was not something Nicodemus was used to hearing. He raised a dark eyebrow, nodding slowly and uneasily as he turned and motioned for Katrina to follow. "Please, come with me. We will need to go to a lower level for a moment; I hope you do not mind." He had no clue how the now very clearly American woman would react to an english-speaking man with an Italian accent in the upper region of Mexico, but hopefully she was feeling strange enough herself that she wouldn't care.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 20th April 2007, 11:18 AM
    Kathryn walked to the door, peeked outside and saw them talking. It was beginning to become sundown and she transformed again in her vampire appearance. Kathryn squinted her eyes suspiciously trying to hear what they were saying.
    "Another vampire? But what does he want with her? Usually he would be sucking blood from her by now." she wispered so they wouldn't hear her.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th April 2007, 11:36 AM
    "No actually the Lord answered my prayer by sending you. I have questions for you..." Kat followed the mysterious man, thanking the Lord for HIS provision! She watched the man as she added, "...*angel of death*..." Kat watched closely to see how he would react.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 20th April 2007, 12:28 PM
    Nicodemus' eyes went wide as he whipped around, staring right into Katrina's eyes with an intimidating gaze, of the sort only a Vampire could muster. "... You are the woman from the orphanage, yes?" he asked, just barely above a whisper. "The boy told us about you. I can only assume you are here for him? I see he knows you well enough to have told you who he thinks I am... Senora Kat!"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th April 2007, 12:41 PM
    Kat was frozen by the intimidating gaze. Something in his gaze seemed to at once mesmerize and frighten her. Only his mention of a boy snapped her out of it.
    "Y...yes... I am Senora Kat. You... you know where Carlitos is? Is he okay?" She demanded quickly, seizing the wall for support.
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 20th April 2007, 02:05 PM
    Sierra nodded. "I'm expected to, am I not?" She flashed a grin and yawned again. Alright, when do we go already?
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 20th April 2007, 02:11 PM
    Well, the names were proof enough for Nicodemus. Silently at first, he turned and began to walk towards a corridor in the rear corner of the sanctuary. "Come. I will take you to him, Senora." he called, looking back over his shoulder and motioning for her to follow. "I apologize for my methods of persuasion. I simply wished to ensure that I was not endangering the poor child."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th April 2007, 06:29 PM
    "Thank the LORD! Carlitos is alive!" Kat half-whispered. She followed the strange man obediantly, even though common sense told her she wasn't being very smart following a stranger into a dark, fairly-deserted church!

Kat wondered about this man she was following. It was like he had 'hypnotized' her and she had no idea how long she had lost consciousness or what he might have found out… he was a powerful individual. She couldn’t begin to tell you why, simply something she ‘felt’. He may not frighten Carlitos, but she was feeling incredibly intimidated.

Slowly though it dawned on her mind, he had an Italian accent. “Are you from Roma? Firenze?” Kat asked softly as she followed him.

Amada narrowed her eyes and gave Sierra a beguiling smile. "You have some tasks to accomplish first, but you are right! Let's go! The night promises to be a good one!"
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd April 2007, 09:45 AM
    Nicodemus calmly looked back over his shoulder and raised an eyebrow at Katrina as he walked on, leading her deep into the Church. "Si, I am Firenze, child." he replied frankly. He doubted a more true Florentine existed today, in fact. After all, what was the liklihood that any Vampire had come from the Medici era and still lived today to tell about it? Not much. And while he was sure there was atleast one other, he doubted this blood-sucker shared his loyalty to the Church or love of his homeland.

"It seems that you know your way around more than one part of the world." Nicodemus observed. "A rare trait among your countrymen." Few people knew their way around the world quite so well as he did, but those with such short lifespans could not be held responsible for that. Life should be enjoyed, so long as it was enjoyed well and according to God's plan and commandments. For only that was the way to enjoy them. If Nicodemus had not been so easily seduced so many years ago, he might have been a mere skeleton in some catacomb right now, and a soul in heaven. Much better than a stranded soul in a beautifully preserved corpse.

Before much longer, Nicodemus opened a simple wooden door in the stone wall of the lower level and stepped inside, holding it open for Katrina. "Carlitos!" he called, somewhat dispassionately. "Your Senora Kat is here for you, mia bambino."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd April 2007, 10:44 AM
    Carlitos frowned at being called a baby but the disappointment was short lived as he rushed to Senora Kat and grabbed her hand.
    "SENORA KAT!!! I have been having a good time here! I'm so glad to see you! I was telling you the truth! I have so much to tell you! How is everyone?" His youthful exhuberance ignored the look on both Kat and Nicodemus' face.
    "I don't know how to thank you... what do I call you sir?" Kat turned a radiant smile on Nicodemus. She was thrilled to see Carlitos perfectly fine and seemingly happy. She hugged the boy to her and rejoiced in his usual exhuberance.

Amada slipped into the gang's hidden back area and whispered to the man wearing the black shirt and black slacks. The thick gold chain around his neck instantly announced his success. His eyes devoured Amada's appearance as she spoke to him but then his eyes lit up.
    "Si'.... con gran placer. �traerla aqu�?" (yes, with great pleasure... bring her here?) Amada nodded with her eyes sparkling.
    "Yes, Sierra here will bring the victim to the appointed place..." Amada looked over at Sierra and smiled.
    "I am so fond of lamb..." Amada laughed. The sound was filled with dangerous portent and her eyes narrowed as she closed her fist in a death grip. "DO NOT disappoint me... you know how I am when I am disappointed..." Amada looked over at the gang leader with a vicious smile. He nodded. "Yes Senorita Amada..."
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 23rd April 2007, 02:51 PM
    Sierra nodded. "I simply cannot wait."

((Argh... that was the worst post in the history of posts.))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd April 2007, 04:48 PM
    "Good Sierra... you wait here until Emilianos does his part. Then you guard them until they arrive in the outer chamber of our.... apartments. Emilianos will leave you with the victim then. You will be responsible to bring her to the sixth door with the glowing seal." Amada purred out her instructions, her eyes dancing with glee.
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 23rd April 2007, 05:02 PM
    "Whatever you say goes, senora." Sierra flashed a smile and sat back down on the couch. Let's get this show on the road...
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd April 2007, 05:19 PM
    "Good," Amada said. She smiled enigmatically at Sierra. "See you soon. I have errands to run that I must do alone, I'm sure you understand..." Amada smiled again and turned on her blood red heels, flipping her dark hair. "Good hunting!" She called back over her shoulder with a dismissive wave and disappeared out the door of Emil's office. He turned to Sierra and bowed to her. "Can I bring you anything Senorita?" A faint look of fear hovered in his eyes. He had dealt with their kind now for long enough to know... leaders didn't last long unless they went along with the bosses.

Kat looked up at Nicodemus and suddenly received a flash of vision. She saw Nicodemus throwing a man out of a window. Kat could not hide the look of alarm that crossed her face. 'Does this mean he is in danger? Lord what are you showing me!' she prayed quickly seeking clarification for her sudden vision.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd April 2007, 07:32 PM
    ((Bambino is boy, unless my best friend's dad was calling us babies when we were 16. If he was, I'll kill 'im! ))

Nicodemus bowed humbly to Katrina and frankly replied, "My name is Nicodemus. It is my duty to Patris Deus and his Church to protect the Faithful." he turned and smiled slightly to Carlitos. "The boy has quite some faith... he mistook me for the Angel of Death." The Stregoni slowly turned his head and locked eyes with Katrina, an enigmatic expression upon his face, almost in a male version of the Mona Lisa's smile. "Strange... would you not agree?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd April 2007, 08:14 PM
    ((He was calling you 'child'... LOL At least, according to my translation software...))

Katrina felt like she was pulled into the man's eyes and once again she felt nervous and alarmed at her reaction. "No... I mean yes.... I mean... I think Carlitos was accurate for a young man his age. It helped me pick you out in the evening mass." Carlitos grinned. Senora Kat had called him a young man! He had never been called that before and he was about to bust his buttons with joy and pride.
    "See Senor Nicodemus, did I not tell you she brings the joy wherever she goes, my Senora Kat?" Kat looked down at Carlitos smiling.
    "How very kind of you to say such a thing Carlitos. I really should get him back to the orphanage. Maybe then I can get to the rest of the meeting with Brother Carl..." Kat was at once frightened and drawn by this mysterious man. Should she tell him of her vision? She closed her eyes and sought the Lord's guidance. Suddenly she opened them and gently met Nicodemus' gaze.
    "You are in danger Nicodemus, be careful this night. I do not understand why the Lord showed this to me but perhaps to warn you to be alert." Kat said softly, then her eyes fluttered and she looked down at Carlitos. Beaming at the boy she hugged him again.
    "I'm so glad I found you! I can't afford to lose any friends! You are far too precious to me and to Our Lord! Shall we get you back home?" Kat responded smiling brightly, her cheerful demeanor a marked contrast to the somber walls about her.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 23rd April 2007, 08:19 PM
    Kathryn was shocked at the fact that Nico had noticed her. She fallowed them into the building and hid in the shadows. Listening to their conversation she was confused. "Nicodemus, huh? I don't get it. If he isn't the angel of death, then what is. And what is a vampire like him doing at a church anyway?" Then she watched Kat and Carlitos leave the building.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 24th April 2007, 11:42 PM
    Nicodemus simply raised a dark eyebrow at this warning, his expression growing visibly sour. "... Danger, you say?" he asked darkly, his accent seeming to grow stronger. "I hope that you know, Senora, I fear no human, nor any agent of evil, flesh or spirit. Ask good Carlitos... he will tell you how little I fear man. I am trained in exorcism and warfare against spirits. I thank you for your concern, but unless you know who it is that seeks me, and how I might speed their damnation, it does me little more than serve as a reminder to remain alert."

At this point, he looked into the shadows where the Half-Vampire, Kathryn, hid. His eyes saw perfectly in the dark, thanks to his curse, and he could also smell her sweat, and hear her breath and steps. "And I am always alert, child. Come out. I will not harm you, so long as you are innocent."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 25th April 2007, 08:30 AM
    Kat shrugged at Nicodemus' response. "I merely obey my Lord's directive, I meant no offense." Kat smiled and hugged Carlitos, who in turn beamed up at her. Both of them were shocked to hear Nicodemus address someone else in the corridor. When she walked into the dim light, Kat gasped.
    "Kathryn? What are you doing here?" She asked. Concerned for the two young people being away from the orphanage Kat decided to get them moving.
    "Thank you, Nicodemus. I will take these young people back now. Come on, Carlitos." Kat placed an arm around his shoulders and urged him on down the tunnel to the stairs.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 25th April 2007, 10:08 AM
    Kathryn looked a little annoyed. "What? No 'Oh my gosh, your a vampire!'?" She said sarcastically. "What makes you think I'm going back to that to that dump anyway? Especially like this." Kathryn continued motioning her hands showing her appearance. "Becides," Turning to Nicodemus, she glared right into his eyes. "I have a few questions to ask Nicodemus."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 25th April 2007, 10:22 AM
    Kat shrank against the stone walls in terror. "Kathryn? What are you saying? Shame on you for frightening Carlitos in such a manner!" Kat was shocked beyond belief. 'Vampires? Here? She thinks she is one? Lord deliver us! What have I gotten into? I lost Greg to this insanity...' Kat thought, her mind not quite able to grasp everything and sending fear through her. She seized Carlitos' shoulders and shoved him ahead.
    "I must get Carlitos to safety..." It was the only logical thing her mind could process at the moment. Kat shivered and suddenly wanted to flee this place and never come back. She began to climb the stairs urging Carlitos to hurry. As she reached the sanctuary she relaxed a little.
    "Has Kathryn seemed a little loco to you before Carlitos?" Kat asked. Carlitos grinned. "Kathryn IS loco but she is dangerous... come I will see you to safety Senora." Kat looked at the young boy wondering what he meant but his smile was reassuring and she hurried out the door after him.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 25th April 2007, 03:55 PM
    Nicodemus tried to protest as Katrina ran away, but he instead was forced to direct his newfound anger at Kathryn. His dark eyes narrowed into a stony glare, his Italian features only enhancing the cold and bitter expression as he approached the half-Vampire.

"I have killed enough of them to know one." he said darkly, locking eyes with Kathryn as he shot an arm out to grab her neck and lift her above the ground with his Vampiric strength and reflexes. "Your warm neck and breath give you away all too easily, half-breed." Nicodemus growled. "You endanger your caretaker and your own safety by uttering such things, Human. It is a shame that one so faithless and thankless as you should not benefit from being charged to a well-meaning disciple. While Protestant she might very well be, she is still a step above you. Now... silence that fiery tongue of yours, child... lest you should find yourself becoming one with your unholy parent's race."
    Posted by Joe Dantona (Member #139176) on 25th April 2007, 05:17 PM
    "No, nothing. What exactly are we supposed to be doing right now? Who are we going to apprehend." Sierra smiled. Poor man, a slave to the vampires...
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 25th April 2007, 05:35 PM
    Kat breathed easy once they were outside Santa Maria. (If only she had known what awaited her.) Fernando and a few of Emil’s other thugs waited and when they saw the target walk out they poked each other but stayed silent. She had a young one with her but that didn’t matter. They spoke soft, lewd comments to each other as they started to follow her.

They kept their distance until she reached the derelict buildings. A low wolf whistle was the signal to close in on the ‘lamb’ target. The evangelistas were not going to cause any trouble for their mysterious but lucrative business partners, so the gang was intent on keeping tabs on them. Amada had sent word to bring one of them in. The thugs whispered all sorts of foul plans for the unsuspecting target before they turned the victim over to Amada.

Kat’s brief moment of relief came to a screeching halt when she started hearing suspicious noises. She became nervous but she kept walking, keeping Carlitos close. Fearful thoughts flooded her mind as a male voice said something in Spanish from the shadows. Carlitos started to say something back but Kat shushed him and put a gentle hand over his mouth. She did not understand the words but the thugs meaning was not good, that much she could tell.

Three figures stepped out in the street in front of them. Kat turned and saw many more filing in behind them.
    “Carlitos, run back to the church for help,” Kat whispered softly.

“You goin’ our way, muchacha?” The male voice came from one of the shadowy figures. He was speaking English enough so Kat could understand him.
    “What do you want?” Kat snapped angrily.
    “We want some company se�ora bonita…” the voice responded, chuckling with evil intent. “Hey… run along little muchacho… we hombres have ‘business’ with the se�ora…” a voice told Carlitos and Kat nudged him.

“Go now Carlitos… run!” Kat told him in a barely audible whisper. She then faced the figure ahead of her.

“Sorry, I’m quite busy. I’m expected at a meeting.” Kat spoke loudly and tried to resume walking. Seized by her arms from behind, Kat screamed; then her mantia was ripped from her head to fashion a gag. Kat struggled but the young men were wiry and strong.
    “They are not waiting for you muchacha, they are going along with their silly meeting. You are coming with US, se�ora atractiva. We want to have some fun before the ‘bosses’ take over…” the voice responded laughing, as they bound Kat’s wrists and arms with strong twine. Hands began to caress her face in familiar and unacceptable ways. Kat’s eyes went wide and she began to pray silently that the Lord would help her. They began dragging her into the nearest deserted building even though she struggled valiantly.

Carlitos was screaming as he ran up the steps and entered the church, "HELP! HELP they will kill her! Brother Nico! Padre Van Adruian!!! HELP!" He grabbed the collection plates of brass and began to bang them together loudly continuing to scream.
    Posted by Katalia (Member #176956) on 26th April 2007, 03:32 PM
    Nicodemus tried to protest as Katrina ran away, but he instead was forced to direct his newfound anger at Kathryn. His dark eyes narrowed into a stony glare, his Italian features only enhancing the cold and bitter expression as he approached the half-Vampire.

"I have killed enough of them to know one." he said darkly, locking eyes with Kathryn as he shot an arm out to grab her neck and lift her above the ground with his Vampiric strength and reflexes. "Your warm neck and breath give you away all too easily, half-breed." Nicodemus growled. "You endanger your caretaker and your own safety by uttering such things, Human. It is a shame that one so faithless and thankless as you should not benefit from being charged to a well-meaning disciple. While Protestant she might very well be, she is still a step above you. Now... silence that fiery tongue of yours, child... lest you should find yourself becoming one with your unholy parent's race."
    Kathryn struggled but Nico's grip was too much. I don't believe this.....Am I really going to die now? Kathryn thought to herself. Her hands let go of his wrist and she looked down.
    "Do what you wish with me then." She said weakly. "If it is my destiny to die here, then so be it........I guess I'll never get to know more about this man called....Jesus Christ." Kathryn was a little disappointed.

((But really....don't kill Kathryn!))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th April 2007, 04:07 PM
    ((Oh, he had no intention of killing her!))

Under any other circumstance Nicodemus might have been yelling at Carlitos to put the Church's fine posessions down before he damaged them, but this was a more dire matter. Shouting(but not cursing) in Italian, the man dropped Kathryn, unaware that he had been squeezing so hard, and hissed for her not to leave the room. The fact that he was still speaking Italian while he made his hurried command did not really help.

Hastily, the Stregoni rushed over to a nearby table and slung on his heart plate, slid on his belt, and began struggling to put on his gorget as he ran up the stairs and out of the cathedral.

By all that was good, he was thankful that it was finally night time. If this had happened during the day, Nicodemus would have been powerless to help. He thanked the Lord for the perfect timing while struggling to unfasten his monk's habit. He stopped, unable to see the woman, and decided to rely on the Vampiric senses his loathesome curse had blessed him with. It was ironic how the Lord worked, for the curse he despised so much allowed Nicodemus to serve more efficiently than any man could.

While standing still, the pale Italian easily caught a scent of a woman's heated blood nearby. He listened carefully, and could hear men laughing darkly under their breath. With a grim but urgent disposition, Nicodemus charged the building from which he heard the laughter.

The door to whatever room the thugs were in was smashed open by a man who certainly did not look capable of sending a door flying off its hinges in the manner he just did. The Stregoni Benefici's dark, reddening eyes lowered onto a few men who were, sure enough, seeming to want some sport with the woman from the Orphanage. Without a word, Nicodemus drew his rapier in his right hand and his dagger in his left. And there, barely visible in the darkness, the uncannily intimidating man slowly, tediously began to step towards them, his high-quality but old leather shoes clopping loudly against the creaky wooden floor.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast