Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragons Haven

Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 15th December 2004, 09:14 PM
    Kallista watched as Alana fell to the ground as if dead. She knew she wasn't, though. The assassin stood there, watching, but not doing anything. Kallista pulled her hood over her eyes so they couldn't see her delight. That dragon's just making my job easier......
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 15th December 2004, 09:17 PM
    Alana could feel someone shaking her, was faintly aware of shouts. But all her tortured mind registered was the sound of painful screams, the sight of a dragon playing cat-and-mouse with a villager, the leering face, the crimson blood...she shook violently, telling herself to wake up. But she knew that even when she did wake up, the memory would stick in her mind, for she knew, somehow, that the village had been her birthplace, the blood was of her family. She shuddered, and her mind registered some light, and she could make out the form of Dave, looking worried. "The dragon...blood...my family..." she moaned, trying to sit up, still incoherent.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 15th December 2004, 09:19 PM
    "What?!" he said in surprise, not understanding what she meant, but hoping it wasnt what he thought. "What happened? Lay back down, take it easy."
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 15th December 2004, 09:24 PM
    Alana blinked, her mind finally registering what had happened. "I...I don't know what happened." she said quietly, shivering uncontrollably. "There was a dragon...it ransacked my village...but it wanted me..." she trailed off, unable to stop tears from forming. She struggled to sit up, hating to be so helpless.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 15th December 2004, 09:25 PM
    Kallista silently groaned as Alana sat up. Oh well. She'd just have to try harder. She turned and walked over to Adalia.

(I'd better wait for Steadfast. C ya.))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 15th December 2004, 09:27 PM
    "Do you think touching the dragon caused it?" Dave asked, eyeing the corpse suspiciously. "Weird.... come on, lets get back to camp." he said, patting her on the shoulder and offering a hand to help her up.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 15th December 2004, 09:29 PM
    Alana frowned and alowed Dave to help her up. "I don't know...I just don't know." she repeated, furrowing her brow, then started slowly back to camp.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 08:53 AM
    Adalia watched helplessly as Dave and Alana killed the red dragon. She climbed the crest of a a small hill, easing herself painfully down on the cool earthen ground. There she watched the killing.Hmmmm.....I probably trained that filthy beast. She shivered. Good thing it'll be dead. She watched as the monstrous thing was destroyed. As she did, she began to think. Well then. Killing Dave and Adalia will be harder than I realized. A sobering thought surfaced in her troubled mind. If I have the heart to kill them. She shook herself. I must.....what else could I possibly do? Confess that all along I want to kill them all? No, I would surely be killed myself. Go back to where I came? No, they would kill me before I stepped in the borders.
    A feeling of hopelessness, of heartrending despair, washed over her normally strong frame. Very true. she thought bitterly. No family, no friends....no home. And with that, Adalia did something that she had stored up for so long: she began to cry, the sobs wracking her painfully injured body.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 09:00 AM
    Alana was distracted by the sound of sobbing. Lifting her head, her eyes came upon the sorry sight of Adalia sobbing, heartwrenchingly. Somehow, Alana sensed that this sobbing was real, and not an act. Approaching the girl slowly, she asked, "What's wrong?", not knowing whether or not to pat Adalia on the back or leave.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th December 2004, 09:05 AM
    Dave approached Adalia carefully. However, he knew that if Alana trusted her at the moment... well, it might not be an act like the big sad eyes thing. "Hey, Whats the matter?" Dave asked, kneeling a foot or two away from her.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 09:10 AM
    Adalia sat up as fast as her crude bandages would allow. She looked at them, tears still streaming down her face. "Nothing. I am fine." I cannot tell, I cannot confess....it would mean my funeral. They would surely kill me. She stuggled to stand, suddenly ashamed of them finding her like this....crying. She almost fell over had to lean on a tree for support. "I am fine." she repeated more firmly this time.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 09:13 AM
    Alana helped her stand. "Well, obviously you are not fine, but that is not my affair." She suspected some sort of inner battle was going on in Adalia, one that would come out in time. But this clearly was not the time.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 09:18 AM
    Adalia looked at Alana. Easy for her to say. She did not loose everthing, all that matters in this dark world, as the result of her own idiotic choices. She sighed, the fresh, raw pain in her green eyes enough to make a dragon cry.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th December 2004, 09:19 AM
    "You need me to help you back to camp?" Dave asked Adalia as he stood up. "I want to be your friend, Adalia. You can trust me. Whats bugging you?"
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 09:24 AM
    She looked at Dave's strong face, tempted to confess, to lift the burdens off her sagging soul. A part of her, her stubborn, self-dependant nature, held back. She lifted her chin. "Nothing. Nothing at all." She attempted to walk away, but a fresh wave of pain swept over her, causing her to cry out.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 09:25 AM
    Alana flinched at the unconcealed pain she saw in Adalia's eyes, the vulnerabilty she saw that flashed through the emerald orbs. She sighed, and waited to see if Adalia would answer Dave's question, even though she suspected the answer would be another "I'm fine."
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th December 2004, 09:26 AM
    "You alright?! Come on, atleast let me help you back to camp if your not gonna tell me whats wrong." he said, standing beside her.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 09:31 AM
    No, I will not tell you what is wrong. You would have to kill me first. She sighed in pain. "Fine." she relented, just wanting to get back to camp so she could hide somewhere and think. Unfortunately, her wounds would not allow her that luxury.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 09:32 AM
    Alana wandered ahead of the other two, wondering who all the other people in the camp were. She had met very few of them, and she was curious why they were all here in this camp.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th December 2004, 09:34 AM
    "Alright, here." He put her arm over his shoulder and walked her back to camp. "Why did you come all the way out here anyway?" he asked with worry on his face. "What would have happened if Alana and I hadnt heard you? You would have ended up crawling back to camp, possibly losing a bandage and starting the bleeding again. You could have died."
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 09:37 AM
    Adalia looked at him, worry etched over his face, and realized he was serious. "I am not that stupid. I would yell for help before I lost a bandage." she said, carefully leveling her voice, trying not to cry out in pain.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th December 2004, 09:42 AM
    "Alright, sorry. I meant no offense." Dave said as they grew close to camp.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 09:46 AM
    "I know it." she replied carefully. As she neared camp, she twisted away from him. "Thank you. I will walk from here." she said, maintaining her injured dignity.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th December 2004, 09:49 AM
    Dave nodded and let her go. "Try and get some rest, I'm gonna go back and finish gathering some scales from that dragon." he said as he turned and ran back to the dragon corpse.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 09:50 AM
    ((g2g))

Adalia nodded painfully, limping off to find her bag.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 16th December 2004, 11:14 AM
    Tess had changed clothes and was now dressed in a silk tunic and leathers, instead of her tropical attire. About her shoulders was a 'cloak' made of netting. From somewhere Tess had scrounged a short sword and scabbard which hung at her left side. She stood at the tent opening carefully watching the camp area and standing guard on Lanai. The girl had fallen asleep after consuming the tea and Tess was hoping her fever would break as she slept.
    Dave, Alana and the two new women she did not know came back into the camp. Alana and Dave had blood splattered on them. From their smiling faces Tess assumed they had been successful in whatever they had attempted.
    Tess waited patiently. She had another vision but this one had disturbed her greatly. She had no clue as to it's meaning though. She supposed she was losing her mind. Tess sighed. She wondered if the two new women could be bounty hunters. The thought sent cold chills down Tess' spine. Death fighting dragons was preferable to what would befall her at Cedric's hands! Tess nodded emphatically she would die before she went back. She was going to keep her eyes on the newcomers...
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 16th December 2004, 02:33 PM
    Kallista walked back into camp, not saying a word. From underneath her black hood, she noticed Tess looking disturbed. Try living my life sometime, she thought.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 05:24 PM
    Adalia barely noticed that Tess was following her every move; she was absorbed in her own distressing thoughts. That dragon....probably a scout, to check up on me....
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 05:28 PM
    Alana smiled at the curious inhabitants of the camp, trying hard to remember their names.
    That one in the silk tunic- was that Tess, or had she been introduced as Emily? She could not remember for the life of her, and shook her head, whistling for Garnet. The roan mare eagerly trotted over, probably hoping they would go for a gallop. Alana smiled again, and mounted the prancing horse. She dug her heels into Garnet's sides and pointed the mare's head in the direction of the lake. Alana was covered in the dragon's blood, and that was not a feeling she was particularly happy to experience.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 06:50 PM
    Adalia sat on the ground, not knowing nor caring where she sat. I must...kill them soon...if a scout comes again and sees them alive.....then it'll be me who'll be dead.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 06:59 PM
    Alana climbed out of the blue lake, her hair dripping. Wringing it out as best she could, she was glad to have the sticky blood off of her. Garnet was standing guard nearby, whinnying at every sound. Alana started toward the horse, but then saw movement in the bushes. Whirling around, she supressed a scream. A chipmunk had emerged, its tail flicking, chattering as if saying, "Get away from here!" A picture flashed across her mind of the filthy beast climbing on her, its teeth sinking in to her arm...the chipmunk moved forward and Alana jumped back, almost tripping over a protruding root. She moved backward slowly, panting heavily with fear. Finally, she reached Garnet and jumped on to the mare's back. She urged the horse into a gallop, relieved when the chattering of the chipmunk faded away. As Garnet slowed, Alana almost laughed. Here she was, slaying a dragon, when a tiny chipmunk could frighten the wits out of her. She cantered into camp and saw Adalia sitting on the outskirts of it. Riding over, she dismounted. "What's wrong?" she asked the raven haired girl.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 06:59 PM
    ((how much have i missed?))
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 07:01 PM
    ((A dragon scout was spotted, but Dave and Alana killed it, got into a fight with Adalia, then Alana touched the dead dragon and had a wierd vision. That's about it.lol))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 07:03 PM
    ((i have like 10 paiges to read and find out were Keria is, but dose any one know rite off hand?))
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 07:05 PM
    Adalia was startled out of her reverie. She looked into the eyes of Alana, etched with worry and concern. She sighed. "Tis a long story, Alana. 'Tis a long story."
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 07:05 PM
    ((um, I think she is still in the tent.))
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 07:06 PM
    ((The last I saw of Kiera, she was in a tent....))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 07:11 PM
    ((ok i ggess she can come out now. were is every one?))
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 07:12 PM
    ((Adalia is right outside the tent, Alana is talking to her. Dave is getting scales off the dead dragon, Tess is watching Adalia, and Lanai is sleeping. Sorry if I missed something.))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 07:15 PM
    (((thanks that helps(a lot) the tent is the same one Keria is in?))
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 07:16 PM
    ((i'm pretty sure, yes))
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 07:22 PM
    ((yeah.))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 07:24 PM
    ((ok thanks))

Keria walked out of the tent and saw two(?) girls talking.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 07:27 PM
    Alana straightened when she saw Keria walk out of the tent. At least she thought her name was Keria, it might have been Leara. She was not good with names. Sighing, Alana smiled. "Hi, I'm Alana. Is this your camp?"
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 07:28 PM
    ((yeah, Adalia and Alana are talking.))

Adalia stopped talking just as a young woman walked out fo the tent. Ah. That must be the one I'm here for....the one I must kill. The princess. Adalia smiled at the woman. "Keria, I presume?" she asked, extending a hand.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 07:30 PM
    "Yes it is. I'm Keria. Are you comfertabul? Have ever thing you need?" Keria said, forceing a smile.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 07:32 PM
    Alana noted Keria's frozen smile, and quirked a brow. "Hi, yes, I'm fine, thank you. But what is this camp doing out here in the woods?"
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 07:33 PM
    "Yes, thank you, my lady." Adalia replied sweetly. How will I kill her? I must kill the others as well.....and I have not the heart to do so.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 07:36 PM
    Keria's hand slowly went to her belt were her dagger was. "We're on our way back home" she said answering Alana's question.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 07:40 PM
    Alana observed the slow motion of Keria's hand. "Do not worry, I would no more harm you or anyone in this camp than Garnet here. But where would "home" be?" Honestly puzzled, Alana furrowed her brow.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 07:44 PM
    "Its not you I worry about" Keria mettered "The Palace of Lakes is home" she added. (i tryed to think up a better name)
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 07:45 PM
    Alana nodded, glancing sidelong at Adalia. "Never heard of it." She had never really heard of anything outside her small village.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 07:49 PM
    "Not many have. And thats a good thing"
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 07:52 PM
    Alana tilted her head. "Why? Is there something special about it?"
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 16th December 2004, 07:53 PM
    Adalia knew they were wary of her. And they had a good reason to be. Hmmm....I cannot attack in daylight....that would attract the unwanted attention of Dave.....it must be nighttime. She sighed heavily.Can I really kill her? I know in my heart I cannot. She brightened suddenly, an idea forming in her devious mind. Scouts...I can call the red dragon scouts...they can do it for me!
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 07:54 PM
    "I dont know. I gess its because of were it is." Keria said. "I have a picture some one painted for my mother befor she died. If you'll hold on a sec I'll get it"
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 16th December 2004, 07:57 PM
    "Okay!" Alana agreed. Then Karia's words registered, the words saying her mother was dead. "Oh, I'm so sorry." Alana said quietly.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 08:02 PM
    "Its ok, she died when I was 7." Keria said turning to her tent. And Daddy died 3 years ago as well was Luke, she wanted to add. Soon she came out with a medeum painting. On it was a a castle with about 3 lakes and 2 creeks that looked like they were flowing through the castel(they are). Also there were 2 gardens on eather side, with an orcherd in one and a swimming area in the other.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 08:29 PM
    (hello?)
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 16th December 2004, 09:04 PM
    ((Should I just drop Kallista?))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th December 2004, 09:07 PM
    ((no no no no no no !!! please dont, if your to far behind we could waite. i was...what 8 pages behind? you can catch up. please do leave yet it just startd getting good......))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 16th December 2004, 09:12 PM
    ((K. Thanks!))

Kallista stood alone. She knew what Adalia wanted, and what she needed to get it. And Kallista had just what Adalia needed. She would help her, if Adalia wanted her help, of course. But she didn't work for free.......
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 16th December 2004, 10:01 PM
    ((yeah, and I was about 20 pages behind.....you guys are fast. it's a good thing my char isn't part of the battle....))
    ((cyberwing...I'm backing up a bit))

Lanai took the tea from Tess, and sniffed. The smell of it cleared her mind, but it made her stomach churn. She took a small sip and had to force herself to swallow. Once Tess's back was turned, she carefully dumped the tea out onto the ground, and then set the cup next to the cot. I feel even worse. I wish Mama were here. She would know what to do... After a few minutes, Lanai fell into a feverish sleep. She hadn't drank any of the tea, and she felt worse than before. Suddenly, she woke up. She looked around the tent and saw Tess standing in the doorway. "Mama...I need you. I want you!" Lanai whispered. She tried to go back to sleep, but wasn't able to.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th December 2004, 10:08 PM
    Dave returned victorious with large patches of dragon scale slung over his broad shoulders. He was laughing to himself as he walked into camp. "Hey Kiera! These scales'll be perfect for making some armor for you and your family. I'll let your smiths use it if they'll make a suit for me." he said as he walked over to Alana, Adalia and Kiera. "Are you two holding up alright? How about Lanai and Tess, are they ok?"
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 17th December 2004, 08:55 AM
    Adalia jumped slightly when Dave reentered the camp, loosing her train of thought. "We are fine here. So, what do we do next?" sha asked. She had to put her plan into action as soon as she could get off alone.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 17th December 2004, 09:11 AM
    Alana smiled. "I'm fine.", trying not to shudder at the sight of the dragon scales. "Oh, well, it could be worse," she reasoned to herself silently. "He could be holding a chipmunk." She could not help the chill that ran up her spine at the mention of her most hated creature, and a small smile tugged at the corner of her lips. She would never understand her unreasonable fear of chipmunks.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th December 2004, 09:14 AM
    "Mama...I need you. I want you!" Lanai whispered.

Tess had not spoken a word simply gone to Lanai and wrapped her arms around her. Hugging her securely in her arms until she drifted back into sleep. Tess sighed. She knew how much Lanai missed her parents. Tess had gone through such times but she had usually been locked in the second pantry with the horrid mice skittering about. Defending herself from those usually took her mind away from the longings of her heart. Tess hoped Lanai would feel the comfort of caring arms and find peace. It surprised Tess that the tea had not yet broken the fever.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th December 2004, 12:42 PM
    "I'll tell ya what I'm doing next. I'm gonna go get these things either made into armor for me, Kiera and her family, possibly some of you guys, or get them made into cash." Dave said in referrence to the scales, his eyes lighting up.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 17th December 2004, 12:47 PM
    "Nice. Good plan." Adalia murmured, her mind not on the conversation at hand. She stood shakily. "I am going for a quick walk....I need to think." She walked painfully away. Well, I cannot turn back now.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 17th December 2004, 12:50 PM
    Alana raised her eyebrow, staying as far away from the bloody scales as possible. She wondered where Adalia was off to now, and briefly considered following her, but decided not to. Maybe the girl just needed some time to think, with no malicous intent involved.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 17th December 2004, 12:54 PM
    Adalia sighed, hobbling to the crest of a small hill well away from the others. "Here goes." she said, not very enthusiastic about her plan. With that, she stuck her fingers in her mouth and emitted a shrill whistle.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th December 2004, 01:00 PM
    "Those scales......Dave have you seen Meka or Cece? I havent seen them in a while" Keria asked. SHe was getting conserend about the dragons, and now thease scales Dave had...well they made her worry even more.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 17th December 2004, 01:03 PM
    "They are from the dragon scout we killed." Alana put in, to ease any fears that the scales could come from Keria's beloved dragons.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th December 2004, 01:10 PM
    "O--Ok.....Oh here thay are" Keria said with a sigh of releaf as Meka appered and Landed next to her. Cece landed next to the tent.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 17th December 2004, 01:15 PM
    The shrill whistle reverberated off the trees and hills. Adalia listened carefully. There! The thundering of a single horse's hooves, pounding towards her. A cobalt mare, as black as a thundercloud. The horse stopped beside Adalia. She reached out to smooth its mane, whispering to it. "There you are, girl. You did wait." Adalia took out a piece of paper, which had been carefully composed on her walk up. "Deliver it to the Master. Good girl." With that, Adalia tied the note to the horse's reins, and, slapping its rump, she watched as the horse galloped away, not knowing it was bearing a message meaning death to them all. "The dragons will arrive soon. Within a night." she whispered, closing her eyes, not wanting to think about what would happen when the dragons came.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th December 2004, 01:18 PM
    {Who is this, Lady Keria?} Cece aksed lumbering over to Alana.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 17th December 2004, 01:32 PM
    Alana shied away from the dragon. A look of panic crossed her face when the dragon came closer. Obviously, this was not an evil dragon, but since her vision Alana was wary of the creature.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th December 2004, 01:37 PM
    "Its ok Alana." {Cece this is Alana} "Alana this is Cece" Keria said.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 17th December 2004, 01:45 PM
    Adalia watched as the jet-black mare diminished into a small dot on the horizon. With a deep sigh, she headed back to camp. The last thing she wanted to was go talk with the people who, by this time tomorrow, could very well be dead. Killed.....by her order.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 17th December 2004, 01:53 PM
    "So this is your plan?" Kallista said to Adalia. It was more statement than question. "To have these people killed by dragons?" She smirked. "Amature."
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 17th December 2004, 01:55 PM
    Alana tried to keep a docile expression on her face. "Um, nice to meet you, um, Cece, hehe." She chuckled nervously, simply from the sheer oddness of being introduced to a dragon.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th December 2004, 04:39 PM
    "Kiera.... would I go and skin a dragon who didnt try to kill me first? Let alone one that I knew?" Dave asked with a grin. ((do something with the scales, some dragon hide armor is just the touch for this guy!))
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 17th December 2004, 04:58 PM
    Adalia jumped when Kallista came up behind her. "What is your game? You guessed mine." She glared her, eyes like fire.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 17th December 2004, 05:11 PM
    Alana was not about to go near those scales. She wrinkled her nose and convieniently made herself scarce, ambling away to check on Garnet.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 17th December 2004, 05:54 PM
    Kallista stared back, her eyes icy enough to freeze fire. "Kallista."
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 17th December 2004, 05:58 PM
    ((huh? I asked what your game was, not your name. oh well))

Adalia locked eyes with Kallista. "Why are you here? What do you have to do with me...with my quest?"
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 17th December 2004, 05:59 PM
    "You seem to be having a bit of.....trouble. Dragons are not the way to achieve your goal." She touched the pouch at her side.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 17th December 2004, 06:05 PM
    Adalia eyed the pouch. "What is in there? What do want with me?" she asked, voice tinged with suspicion. Her hand moved to her sword.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 17th December 2004, 06:07 PM
    Kallista looked around to be sure no one was nearby. When she was sure they were alone, she took the pouch off her belt and opened it, revealing about 2 dozen vials, each containing a different liquid or powder. "Poison," she said quietly.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 17th December 2004, 06:10 PM
    Adalia stepped back. "Poison? I have no need of poison." She turned away, then, rethinking, spun back around. "Why? Why is it that you have poison, and now, are trying to pawn it off on me?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th December 2004, 07:05 PM
    "I know Dave....Its just this year 2 of our good dragons were killed. I know! Whay dont you make your self something?" Keria said. She looked off into diction that Adalia had walked off. What is it with that girl she wondered.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th December 2004, 07:14 PM
    "I'm not a blacksmith. I dont know the first thing about making armor..." Dave replied sheepishly. "If I did, I would have made one for me, one for you, and sold the rest!" he chuckled. He noticed she was staring off at Adalia. "You still worried about her?" he asked in a more quiet and serious tone. "I here she doesnt have any home, family, or friends, anything like that. I dont know how much of it is true, but she seems to have a lot plaguing her. You think we can trust her?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th December 2004, 07:19 PM
    "I dont know.....I'm going to talk to her. I think I know why she's here" Keria said replacing her smile with a frown.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th December 2004, 07:28 PM
    "Why? If I may ask..." Dave inquired. "And although I hate to bug you, but I would really like to have something done with these scales..."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th December 2004, 07:33 PM
    "Same as the last 3 people" she muttered half to her self "Ok I'll get you to the blacksmith. Come on follow me" Keria said turning to leave, she looked back to see if Dave was following.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th December 2004, 07:42 PM
    He followed. "Why were the last people that were here here?" Dave asked curiously.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th December 2004, 07:50 PM
    "They were assasions. Well 2 were the other was a spy" Keria said casuley.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th December 2004, 07:55 PM
    "Ouch." Dave said as he followed Kiera. "Lemme guess, dragon snack?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th December 2004, 07:59 PM
    "Yep. I gess you could say we caught the red handed and Meka rosted 'em" Karei said as the came to the blacksmith's tent. She still had a fewscars to prove that she had fought(for her life..well duh) and won.
    "Hey Bennie think you can work with dragon scales again?" she asked.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th December 2004, 08:56 PM
    Dave dropped off the skins and placed his order. "Kiera, if you dont mind, I am going to go check on Adalia nad see if she's alright."
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th December 2004, 09:07 PM
    After a few minutes, Lanai drifted off to sleep again, feeling safe in Tess's arms. She dreamed of her parents, suddenly woke up. She wriggled out of Tess's arms, and walked to the opening of the tent. She looked around, and saw three new girls with Keria and Dave.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th December 2004, 09:12 PM
    "Hello Lanai." Dave said with a smile at seeing the girl up on her feet... and not crying. "How are feeling?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th December 2004, 09:20 PM
    "Hi." Lanai replied to Dave. She still felt sick, and when Dave asked how she was feeling, she said, "I feel...crummy. I still don't feel good."
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th December 2004, 09:27 PM
    "Aawww, I'm sorry. Just go and get some more rest, and maybe some of Tess' tea for good measure." he gave her a pat on the shoulder. "I gotta go. Get better soon, alright?" he said with a smile as he left to look for Adalia.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th December 2004, 10:01 PM
    "I can't eat or drink anything though..." Lanai whispered. "Everything makes me feel sick..." She watched as Dave walked away, and she walked out of the tent. She walked over to a tree, and sat under it, watching everybody.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 17th December 2004, 10:08 PM
    "How I got it is none of your concern," Kallista said. "And I'm not trying to pawn it off on you. I'm offering you my services, and that includes the poison."
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 18th December 2004, 11:29 AM
    Adalia locked eyes with Kallista. "Services? Why?" she asked, brow furrowed in suspicion. Then, suddenly, she clamped her hand over Kallista's mouth. "Shhhh! Someone is coming. Get out of here!" Footsteps could be heard coming towards them.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th December 2004, 11:31 AM
    Kallista smirked and stepped into the shadows. "I'll be waiting," she said as she faded into the darkness.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 18th December 2004, 12:20 PM
    "Hey Lanai. How ya doin?" Keria asked as she came around to see the girl.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 18th December 2004, 01:11 PM
    Dave romped around in the forest, looking for Adalia. After a while, he thought he heard a voice and stopped to listen. It stopped too, but he called out to see if it was Adalia. "Adalia? That you?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 18th December 2004, 01:19 PM
    "I'll be right back" Keria said hearing Dave call to Adalia. She walked over to him. "There she is I think" Keria said motioning toward her(Adalia).
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 18th December 2004, 01:25 PM
    After making sure Garnet was safe, Alana turned to see the Dave and Keria going into the woods. She smiled, and decided to follow them. Her tracking skills needed brushed up on, not to mention she wanted to see what Adalia was up to. She crept after the other two, staying a few paces behind them, undetected.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 18th December 2004, 01:47 PM
    Adalia watched as Kallista faded back into the shadows of the wood. There were now more footsteps coming...then someone called her, Dave, most likely. She sat down, burying her face in her hands. "I'm right here!" she called back, sadly.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 18th December 2004, 01:48 PM
    Dave came around some foliage and found Adalia. "Adalia, are you ok?" he asked as he kneeled down in front of her.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 18th December 2004, 01:49 PM
    "Adalia, I need to talk with you" Keria said keeping a calm face.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 18th December 2004, 01:54 PM
    Adalia did not have to act sad; that she was already. "I am fine. Just fine." she said bitterly. "Can a woman not go off alone to think?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 18th December 2004, 01:57 PM
    "I'm afraid not. Adalia who do you work for?" Keria finly blurted out.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 18th December 2004, 02:02 PM
    Alana smiled. Keria and Dave were good interrogaters. She settled down to listen to the exchange, when suddenly she heard a rustle next to her. Oh, no...a chipmunk jumped out of the bush, chattering, but Alana saw it as a filthy beast with it fangs bared, ready to stick its glistening claws in her throat...she screamed, and jumped out of the bushes, almost landing on top of Keria.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 18th December 2004, 02:05 PM
    "Alana?!? Wht the-----What happened" Keria yepled as Alana almost landed on her.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 18th December 2004, 02:19 PM
    "I'm sorry Adalia, but we are worried for your safety. If it will make you feel better I will stop, but--" he was cut off by Kiera's question, who was then cut off by Alana's screaming.

"Alana, what is it?!" Dave said, his blades extending from his wrists, in case some foul beast had attacked her.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th December 2004, 02:43 PM
    When Lanai got up and left Tess, she sighed. Two men she had seen last night came into the tent. She nodded at them. Finally she stood and came up behind Lanai to look out over her shoulder.
    "Lanai...did I hear Keria say you could talk to the dragons?? Will you ask them something for me? Ask them if they feel we should move this camp..." Tess whispered thoughtfully as she stood near the girl.

Suddenly Tess was looking into Alana's fair face, Keria stood beside her.

Tess gasped and seized a hold of the tent support. Shaking her head to dislodge the vision.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th December 2004, 07:28 PM
    Kallista watched Dave and Kiera interrogate Adalia. They were interrupted by Alana's scream. She walked toward Alana, curious, but being careful to stay in the shadows.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th December 2004, 08:02 PM
    Tess suddenly felt pulled outside. She was nervous but finally she gave in and began to walk out into the sunshine. Then she heard a shout. It was a woman's voice but that was all she could tell. "Keria? Daff?!" Tess called to them, her alarm rising.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th December 2004, 09:53 PM
    "I'm doing alright." Lanai said to Keria. "I still don't feel good, but I'll get better." Lanai turned when Tess came up to her. She nodded to Tess when Tess asked if she could ask the dragons a question. {Nore, Meka, Cece, do you think we should move the camp?} Suddenly, she heard a scream. Lanai ran over to where she heard it, and saw one of the new girls. "Are you alright?" she asked the girl.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 18th December 2004, 10:05 PM
    Adalia was so relieved for the diversion she could have fainted. Worried for my safety? If they knew what I just did, I would be dead before I could blink an eye, she thought bitterly, emitting a small sob.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 18th December 2004, 10:23 PM
    Alana screamed again, shaking like unsettled gelatin. "It was...it was...a...chipmunk!" she screamed the last word, then abruptly realized how stupid that sounded. But then she remembered the mental picture she had had, of the beast sticking its glistening fangs into her throat...she shuddered, but still blushed slightly.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 18th December 2004, 10:26 PM
    Dave stood there silent for a moment, his brain stopped in its tracks. "Uh.... do what? Quit fooling around, we are trying to talk to Adalia."
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 18th December 2004, 10:29 PM
    "I wasn't fooling around, Dave, there was a chipmunk, and it was about to kill me!" Alana shuddered.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 18th December 2004, 10:29 PM
    Blast! Adalia sighed. "Are you alright, Alana?" she asked, trying to get the scrutiny off herself.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 18th December 2004, 10:31 PM
    "Where is the little beast then? If it is that much trouble..." Dave growled impatiently with his hand and eyes glowing red.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 18th December 2004, 10:36 PM
    Alana pointed, finger trembling, toward the bayberry bush she had just leaped out of. "It was...in there." She knew she was making the others impatient, but the chipmunk...it would plague her dreams if it wasn't taken care of. Of course, there was always more of the little beasts running free, so Alana would always have to keep a sharp eye.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 18th December 2004, 10:39 PM
    Dave crept over to the bush, and inside was the Alana's adorable assailaint(alliteration!). Dave didnt have the heart to kill it, so he chased it away and set a nearby pinecone on fire to simulate its burning demise. "Dont EVER make me do that again. Whats wrong? You have some kinda chipmunk phobia?" he asked with irritation.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 18th December 2004, 10:40 PM
    Adalia watched, biting her lip to keep from laughing, for a moment forgetting her troubles. "A....chipmunk?" she sputtered.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 18th December 2004, 10:46 PM
    "Not a phobia, just some sort of...unnatural fear, I guess." Alana shrugged, blushing, trying to collect the shattered shards of her dignity. "I had a...bad experience with chipmunks when I was younger."
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 18th December 2004, 10:49 PM
    Dave groaned and rubbed his forehead. "Consider, next time, how much bigger and stronger you are than the little critter, then consider how dang stupid it is to be afraid of something so small and weak, and then and ONLY then may you come to me for help. I think the little critters are cute, personally, and I do NOT enjoy makin' barbecue out of them. Now," he said, turning his attention to Adalia. "Its getting kinda late, maybe you should come back to camp with us. If you want to stay, I understand... but I dont know about Kiera."
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 18th December 2004, 10:51 PM
    Adalia got up eagerly, glad to have her 'interrogation' forgotten. The feeling of joy was instantly replaced by remorse....and a heart-wrenching sadness. The dragons....they will be here soon....
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 18th December 2004, 10:57 PM
    Alana shivered. "If only he knew what had happened to me when I was younger, and how the creature had bared its fangs...that chipmunks are anything but cute and sweet..." She shrugged and nodded, not saying anything, blushing from Dave's scolding.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 18th December 2004, 11:37 PM
    Adalia stood silently, closing her eyes, trying to get her feeling of despair and utter hopelessness to go away. Well, I either have two choices. One is to confess to this ragtag group and be killed before I can finish my sentence. The other is to let the dragons kill them and go back to the Master. She sighed a sigh of pain, of loneliness, of....fear.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 19th December 2004, 08:39 AM
    Alana turned at Adalia's sigh. "What is the matter?" she asked gently, for she could detect when a sigh is filled with sadness and fear.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 19th December 2004, 08:56 AM
    Adalia looked down. "Nothing you could possibly understand." she mumbled, starting back to the camp.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th December 2004, 10:45 AM
    Tess had walked up being attracted by the scream. She had stood unnoticed through the action, quietly observing.
    "You might be surprised what we would understand...." Tess said softly, lifting a brow at Adalia, her arms crossed.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 19th December 2004, 11:50 AM
    "I want that girl watched when we get back to the tents. I'll have the gaurd dubbled aroud the camp. I'll be sending Cece and two other dragons as soon as they get here on patrols." Keria said walking back. She didnt like what was going on here, and walked away leaving the others.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th December 2004, 02:09 PM
    ((Which girl? Adalia?))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 19th December 2004, 03:52 PM
    ((Probably, only one I can imagine needing watched.))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th December 2004, 03:53 PM
    ((K.))

Kallista overheard Kiera say she wanted Adalia watched.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th December 2004, 04:16 PM
    Tess moved away not even waiting for Adalia's response. She walked purposefully after Keria. "Lady Keria? I am sorry to bother you...but...should we think about moving on? I am most uneasy. I keep seeing the strangest..." Tess stopped herself, her hand flying up to her mouth, appalled she had spoken the last out loud.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th December 2004, 04:23 PM
    ((I think I'll just drop Kallista......she doesn't really seem to fi into the plot.......))
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 19th December 2004, 04:51 PM
    "I do not believe you could possibly understand this." Adalia said bitterly. She overheard something her being watched. "I've done all the damage I possibly could do. They do not need to watch me." she whispered, words being blown off by the wind.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 19th December 2004, 05:26 PM
    Alana heard Tess. "You keep seeing the strangest what?" she asked, arching her brow, her mind on the vision she had seen earlier. She sighed. "Maybe we should move on...since one dragon scout found us, who knows how many others will?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 19th December 2004, 08:47 PM
    "Yes we'll move the camp tomarrow, Tess. And the only reason your being watched Adalia is becaus I want to talk with you and dont want you running of. I'm sorry if I seam harsh but....welll I'm sorry" Keria said turning back to the other.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th December 2004, 10:56 PM
    Lanai watched everyone silently. After a few minutes, she stood up and walked to the creek. She sat down on the bank to think for a few minutes, but she accidentally fell asleep next to the cool water.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 19th December 2004, 11:10 PM
    Alana trudged down the river's shore, kicking pebbles and her mind for her fear of chipmunks. "Why chipmunks?" she lamented silently. When she rounded a bend in the smoothly flowing river, she saw a girl curled up, asleep. Lanai, someone had said her name was. Alana approached softly. She wondered why the girl wasn't home with her parents, but Alana knew nothing of Lanai's past. She did see, however, that the young girl slept with the expression of bearing the weight of the world on her slim shoulders.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th December 2004, 11:38 PM
    Lanai suddenly woke up. She sat up, and saw one of the new girls coming toward her. "Hi." Lanai said with a smile. She was already feeling better, and she leaned down and splashed some of the cold water on her face. "What's your name?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th December 2004, 08:26 AM
    "Yes My Lady..." Tess felt relieved that Keria would be moving the camp but the uneasy feeling did not go away. She decided it was time to seek out Lanai and see how she was feeling.

Tess went back to the camp but her search quickly proved fruitless. Alarmed she began to ask after Lanai.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 20th December 2004, 08:50 AM
    ((Um I've made my char so I'll try to find a way to hop in))

Boots whistled while walking through the forest in the shape of a woodsman. Her axe was slung over her shoulder. Bandits didn't like to attack woodsmen so it was the safest disguise. An animal would work just as well but she didn't want to become some hunter's dinner.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 20th December 2004, 09:07 AM
    Adalia walked back to camp, tears stinging in her emerald eyes. She went and got her pack. She had to ge ready to run when the dragons came.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th December 2004, 09:38 AM
    Tess noticed Adalia come back into camp as she searched for Lanai, but when the woman came out with her pack, alarm bells went off in Tess' mind. She strode purposefully toward the young woman.
    "Leaving us so quickly? Your injuries are far too grave for us to allow you to travel so soon..." Tess said smoothly, watching Adalia's eyes and taking in all the subtle body language cues. The young woman was nervous and alarmed at being stopped.
    "DAFF! We surely cannot let this stranger travel as badly injured as she is!" Tess shouted to Dave and any of the people nearby, her eyes never leaving Adalia but a look of concern on her face.

Tess could not get the image out of her mind... the last vision she had received... the black horse being sent off by this one.

Before anyone could arrive Tess spoke very softly so only Adalia could hear her. "Tell me why DID you send the black horse off so quickly? And why did you not ride the animal into camp? Many threads of deception surround you. Be careful for deception often traps the deceiver as well." Tess was now purposefully standing in Adalia's way, moving as she did to stay in her path.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 20th December 2004, 10:04 AM
    "I keep telling her that, but does she listen to me? Nooooo!" Dave ranted as he walked over. "Adalia, Kiera wants you in a tent and under watch until we leave in the morning. You arent going anywhere, and you say you have nowhere to go. So what better place to stay than here? Come on, I'll take first watch on ya if it'll make you feel any better. I dont make the rules around here, Kiera does. So get mad at her, not me. In fact, dont get mad at all, this is a gesture of her care and concern for your wellbeing. Now come on, lets get you something to eat and drink." Dave said, trying to lead Adalia away after nodding thanks to Tess.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 20th December 2004, 10:10 AM
    Boots heard people rather nearby. Shouting it sounded like. She sighed. Drat. People. At least she was still a woodsman at the moment. If they were bandits they would leave her alone.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th December 2004, 10:34 AM
    Tess was hurt by Dave's quick dismissal of her and disturbed by the tension she felt with Adalia, her look became frozen and she turned to walk away. 'Who am I kidding? I have no place...no purpose here...' Tess' heart wrenched wishing she could belong...somewhere. Perhaps she should try to find a way to gain passage back to her island? But what waited for her there? No...there was nothing, no place to call home and no way to regain that which was stolen. Tess went in search of solitude, she would NOT weep in front of anyone... it had earned her a beating more than once. She regulated her breathing and kept the frozen look on her face, blanking out her mind by repeating numerical phrases...
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 20th December 2004, 11:21 AM
    ((Crud, I didnt mean to get her upset...))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th December 2004, 12:13 PM
    ooc: Lol!
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 20th December 2004, 01:09 PM
    ((Boots is sort of hangin out in her big ol woodsman shape. Don't wanna butt in since you seem to have suum goin on))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th December 2004, 03:07 PM
    OOC: It's quite crazy in this camp at the moment....bring Boots on!! Just like life, it does get manic at times! ROFL!
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 20th December 2004, 03:09 PM
    ((lol I'll try. It's up to my dumb char if she'll go or not tho))

Boots began whistling again, trying to look like the brawny woodsman she had shifted into. Her axe was still slung over her shoulder. She looked like a jolly treecutetr off to work.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 20th December 2004, 03:45 PM
    Adalia fumed. They were obviously suspicious of her; indeed, she had given them reason to be. However, she did not like being treated like an errant child. She was about to retort when she saw Tess's face, looking frozen, sad, and abandoned all in one heartrending look. Adalia knew the look well; it had been on her own face quite often as of late. She shook Dave's hand off her. "Something is troubling you." she said curiously, approaching Tess. Obviously Adalia was not the only suffering in this miserable camp.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th December 2004, 04:01 PM
    Tess turned to Adalia. "Do we really matter until we can make a difference? I think you can make a difference but the choice is up to you." Tess walked away forcing the frozen look to remain on her face. This skill was one learned from necessity. Tess continued to stride off purposely into the forest, seeking solitude.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 20th December 2004, 04:04 PM
    The girl walked straight into Boots who jumped just a tad. "Woah!" 'He' unconciously shot out a hand to help the girl catch her balance.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 20th December 2004, 04:36 PM
    Alana smiled back. "I'm Alana." she said gently. "Nice to meet you, but don't you suppose we should be heading back to camp? 'Tis safer there." Despite her own words, Alana sat down on a sun covered rock, and dipped her hands into the crystal water of the shimmering creek beside them. The sun shone heartily upon the water, playing tricks with her eys and making it appear as if thousands of copper pennies were dancing upon the river. She sighed audibly, and murmured softly, "If only our lives could run as smoothly as the course of this river."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th December 2004, 04:37 PM
    "No kidding," Kallista said as she stepped out of the shadows.
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 20th December 2004, 04:39 PM
    If Adalia had been confused before, now she was at a complete loss for words. She pondered the words of wisdom that had been fed to her. "I wish I could change....but it is too late now." With that, she stood up a little straighter, set back in her old conniving ways. She checked to make sure she had her sword at the ready, in case the dragons came sooner than anticipated.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 20th December 2004, 06:15 PM
    Alana jumped. "Who...who are you?" she asked, voice shaking slightly, but still glad it wasn't a chipmunk.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th December 2004, 06:18 PM
    "Kallista." She wanted to change, but knew it was impossible. Not since that cold winter's morn....
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 20th December 2004, 06:19 PM
    "Well, what are you doing here?" Alana asked, a slightly irritated edge to her voice.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th December 2004, 06:20 PM
    "It's none of your concern what I'm doing here," she replied, just as irritated. She turned to leave.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 20th December 2004, 06:23 PM
    "Wait! Don't go!" Alana called, suddenly propelled by the urge that this girl knew something...something vital. "It may be none of my concern, but..." she trailed off helplessly.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th December 2004, 06:23 PM
    Kallista turned around. "But what?"
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 20th December 2004, 06:26 PM
    "You know something, don't you?" Alana studied Kallista. "About Adalia."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th December 2004, 06:28 PM
    "Why would you care? You're just like them."
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 20th December 2004, 06:32 PM
    "I am myself. I care simply because the lives of many hang in the balance, where Adalia is concerned." Alana answered cautiously, eyeing the girl.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th December 2004, 06:35 PM
    "Why are you so sure she's a threat?"
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 20th December 2004, 06:36 PM
    Alana chose her words carefully. "Something is not right about her. I sensed that the moment I laid my eyes on Adalia."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th December 2004, 06:37 PM
    "You're judging her too quickly," Kallista said slowly and carefully. "I've known her for years, and she's not what you think." It wasn't a total lie.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 20th December 2004, 06:39 PM
    "Ah ha! So I was right! You do know her!" Alana cried.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th December 2004, 06:42 PM
    Oops. Now she'd done it. But Kallista was a master at talking her way out of any situation. "I never said I didn't. But my point is:I know her, you don't. Who are you to judge? She's had a rough life, and now she's just looking for someone to accept her the way she is! How hard is that?"
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 20th December 2004, 06:46 PM
    Alana conceded, for now. "But there are so many suspicions surrounding Adalia, that how can one not raise one's brow?"

((gtg))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th December 2004, 06:48 PM
    ((K. C ya.))
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 20th December 2004, 08:43 PM
    ((You know someone could see that the girl escaped and is now "cornered" by this humongo woodsman))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 20th December 2004, 08:48 PM
    "Adalia, what the heck are you doing? I have orders to put you in--" Dave was cut off when he caught sight of Boots. "Afternoon. What can I do ya for sir? Dont mind Adalia here, I was just taking her to rest. Injured ya know." Dave said as he tried to pull Adalia away from Boots. "The name's Dave Morden, you?"
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 20th December 2004, 08:49 PM
    ((I thought it was Tess or suum. I dunno its some girl. Whatever))

Boots readily let go. "Boots." She said, doffing her cap. Man this guy would be intimidating if she wasn't in the form she was in now. Thankfully ehr voice deepened with her shift.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 20th December 2004, 09:00 PM
    After giving the order to have every thing packed in time for them to leave in the morning Keria walied around. "Adalia?" Keria called . Seeing her next to Dave and a newcomer she walked up and said "Hello. I'm Keria. Ummmm Adalia can I talk to you now?"
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 20th December 2004, 09:02 PM
    Boots also bowed in her direction. Really she would probably be shorter than these people but in this form she towered over them. It was rather fun. Plus the axe over her shoulder didn't exactly make her look all cuddly.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 20th December 2004, 09:17 PM
    ((Ok. I've been introed. lol. Strange name isn't it? And Dave I like the fact that at least for the moment my char is taller than yours ))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 20th December 2004, 09:19 PM
    (be glad while it last. waite till a fill grown male dragon comes up. till Boots shapeshifts she'll be smaller. ))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th December 2004, 09:20 PM
    ((lol))
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 20th December 2004, 09:20 PM
    ((Oh joy. lol. Well she can shapeshift into a dragon but not a fullgrown one. She doesn't have that many molecules. lol))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th December 2004, 09:21 PM
    ((lol. again. lol))
    Posted by Steadfast7 (Member #93079) on 20th December 2004, 11:16 PM
    Adalia just could stand numbly as Dave all but tossed her about like a discarded rag doll. For Pete's sake, couldn't they see she was a full grown woman, not some toddler that had to be coddled? She watched the newcomer called Boots. Interesting name. She would have been smarter to stay away though, with the dragons coming....She heard Keira call to her. "Yes? What do you need to talk to me about this time?" she asked, getting too tired to care any longer. She needed to lie down, to rest....the events were taking its toll on her.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th December 2004, 11:27 PM
    "True, there are many suspicions surrounding Adalia," Kallista replied. "But that's just because no one takes the time to reach out to her, to try and get to know her." She softened her voice a bit. "And since no one tries to reach out to her, they turn on her instead."
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 21st December 2004, 08:23 AM
    (('He' Steadfast. Boots is in guy form right now. Giant woodcutter))
    ...to the topTop

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st December 2004, 08:52 AM
    Tess had found a grand old tree and crawled into its heights. There, assured she was alone she allowed herself to weep. From her high perch she could see the camp, three people down by the river's edge. She wondered how many people had sought out the branches of this ancient tree for comfort through the centuries it had lived? Her tears spent, she realized abstractly she was seeing from about the same viewpoint as her 'visions'. An odd thought, but she took quick mental note of it.

Accustomed to only being allowed a few brief moments to herself, Tess quickly regained control and descended the venerable old trees majestic branches. Hopping lightly to the ground from the last low hanging branch, Tess made her way back. She pulled up short when she saw the wounded girl between a huge fellow and Dave. Tess had started for Adalia when she saw Lady Keria step in. Tess sighed and turned to go find a place to practice with the new short sword she carried. Although she knew nothing about it, she was determined to learn.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 21st December 2004, 02:55 PM
    ((*poke* *poke* I think I killed it. ))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st December 2004, 05:13 PM
    "Tess, wait come with me. Adalia please come and sit down" Keria said walkin to her tent. "Adalia all I want to know is who you work for and why they want me dead"
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 21st December 2004, 05:26 PM
    ((
    Boots readily let go. "Boots." She said, doffing her cap. Man this guy would be intimidating if she wasn't in the form she was in now. Thankfully ehr voice deepened with her shift.
    Um is there something I should do next?))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 21st December 2004, 05:28 PM
    ((Sorry, I never responded.))

"Nice to meet you. What can I do for ya? We're heading out of here soon, but I think I may be able to finagle Kiera into letting you have a tent if you need a spot to sleep." Dave offered with a bow.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 21st December 2004, 05:31 PM
    ((Tis ok. i jsut didn't know if I was supposed to do something else))

Boots hesitated. She really did want to get out of this form but staying with a group was safer. And a tent sounded way more comfortable than a bed of leaves. "I would be honored." The woodsman said with another bow.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 21st December 2004, 10:27 PM
    "Come on, I can go grab one from the quartermaster. I doubt Kiera would mind having someone else around, especially a guy as big as you." Dave said with a chuckle. It was odd though. This man appeared to be a woodsman, but he was bowing and being incredibly curtious.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 21st December 2004, 10:32 PM
    Boots nearly blushed at that. "Oh its uh, not nearly all muscle. Lots of flab." She chuckled, jiggling her arm. Unfortunately in this shape it DID look mostly muscle. But Boots could really only lift as much as she could normally.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 21st December 2004, 10:37 PM
    "Happens to the best of us." Dave said with a trace of shame lingering on his voice. He lead boots over to the quartermaster and grabbed a tent. "Alright, lets get this puppy set up and get you situated, eh?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st December 2004, 10:38 PM
    "Dave!?!" Daney yelled running throught the camp, James right behind him.
    "The other dragons are almost here" he said.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 21st December 2004, 10:40 PM
    "WHAT?!" Dave shouted in surprise. "Get that axe ready, big fella. Wait, you do mean enemy dragons, right guys?" he asked, so as to avoid showing his powers to Boots without need.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 21st December 2004, 10:40 PM
    ((shame?))

"Dragons?!" Boots's voice got dangerously close to squeaking. "What dragons?" She asked a bit more calmly, her axe no longer over her shoulder but in ehr hands.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st December 2004, 10:42 PM
    "Our dragons. Meka and Ceces mates. Their going to be here in about ten munets" Daney said.

"And in the morning their going to help us get back home" James said.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 21st December 2004, 10:45 PM
    ((we both have some flab with the muscle too. We as in Dave and, uh... me. Dave..... ya, confusing...))

"Ugh, dont scare me like that!" Dave groaned. "Sorry 'bout that Boots. Nice scream, by the way." he said with a wry grin.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 21st December 2004, 10:48 PM
    ((lol pretty much everyone does except for the airbrushed models on tv. And Superman of course ))

Boots looked at them strangely. "You have dragons?" Then her face turned red. "I didn't scream. Not even a squeak." She said a bit defensively. Let's not let this Dave forget that she was the one with the axe in hand.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd December 2004, 08:30 AM
    Tess' eyes widened in surprise at Keria's blunt and direct question to Adalia. She went to Adalia and sat near her.
    "Sometimes Lady Keria....we are forced to do things we wish we didn't have to. I know that all too well...." Tess replied quietly, burdened sorrow in her voice. "Lady Adalia....perhaps you too are being forced? I feel no harsh wickedness in you...only a deeply wounded spirit... Look around you my Lady....many of us carry scars..." Tess' liquid brown eyes came up to look deep into Adalia's own.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 22nd December 2004, 10:05 AM
    Alana nodded curtly to Kallista, no longer being able to find the spirit to argue. "No one is able to reach out to her because she will not allow anyone to." Sighing gustily, she turned heel and walked away, hoping to seek some comfort in the ancient scarred trees. For some reason, she felt burdened by something; she had the uncanny feeling that there was something she had to do, but did not know what it was. Kicking up rotted vegetation and pebbles, she turned her steps toward camp, not knowing where else to go. She was not looking where she was going, and almost ran into...a big, burly man with an axe?! She squeaked, "Where did you come from?!" and jumped back in surprise.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 10:09 AM
    "Um last I checked, thatta way." Boots said, chuckling and pointed to the West.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 22nd December 2004, 10:16 AM
    Alana blushed. "I see." She raised her eyebrow. "I'm Alana. Pleased to make your aquaitance, Mr..." She curtsied, loving to be over-polite. Garnet trotted over to her, and whinnied as well, ever the attention grabbing horse.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd December 2004, 10:16 AM
    Dave's grin grew wide at Boot's defensive statements. "Alright, sure." he said with cheerful sarcasm. "But yeah, we have dragons around here. Pretty friendly, and kinda scrawny if you ask me." When Alana asked where Boots had come from, he pointed to Boots and said, "Blame his parents."
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 10:20 AM
    "Boots." Boots said, bowing again. Always be courteous. Makes a wonderful impression. No one really suspects someone with great manners as much.
    "You have a wonderful horse." She said, stroking the horse's head.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 22nd December 2004, 10:26 AM
    Alana nodded. "You can say that again." She shifted her weight uncomfortably, trying to smile. The woodcutter was sort of intimidating, what with his towering size and sharp axe. She sighed queitly, thankful that at least Boots was not a chipmunk.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 10:29 AM
    "You have a wonderful horse." Boots repeated with a teasing tone. She had never had a horse though she knew how to ride.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 22nd December 2004, 10:34 AM
    Alana smiled. "Haha, very funny. I see our group has finally found a comedian."
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 10:36 AM
    Boots just smiled. "I'm, um, not exactly sure how long I'll stay with you all." Boots said, still rubbing the horse. "But you seem like a nice group."
    ...to the topTop

Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 22nd December 2004, 10:38 AM
    Alana nodded. "Ah, well, so you are a wanderer as well as a comedian." She smiled when Garnet pushed her velvety nose down Boot's sleeve, looking for a treat. "You silly horse!" she scolded the mare.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 10:39 AM
    Boots laughed. "Hey that tickled. Sorry bud I don't have anything." She was glad to get out of answering that wandering comment.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 22nd December 2004, 10:41 AM
    Garnet whinnied indignantly, shaking her head. Alana smiled and pushed the mare back. "Sorry, Garnet here thinks that if you pet her, you also have to give her a treat. Silly horse."
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 10:43 AM
    "Well I'll try to remember next time," Boots smiled. "So... what are you all doing way out here for?"
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 22nd December 2004, 10:49 AM
    "I might ask you the same question." Alana eyed the woodcutter. "Actually, I am searching for...let's just say, well, my family."
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 10:53 AM
    "Your family?" Boots's eyebrow lifted a tad. But she didn't want to dig. "And as for me... you said it yourself. I'm a wanderer. We don't need reasons." All of the sudden she just wanted to end this conversation.
    "So um where's my tent again?"
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 22nd December 2004, 10:59 AM
    Alana was relieved when Boots turned away. "Aye, no reasons." she agreed, turning to Garnet. The mare seemed angry that she had not gotten any treats. Alana smiled and shook her head at the fickle horse, looking up sharply when a cold wind suddenly gusted, whipping her auburn hair.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 22nd December 2004, 12:55 PM
    Originally Posted by Paladin Dave

"Ugh, dont scare me like that!" Dave groaned. "Sorry 'bout that Boots. Nice scream, by the way." he said with a wry grin.
    "Sorry" Daney said.

A few minets later the dragons landed in the camp.
    Posted by jesusfreak10537 (Member #90602) on 22nd December 2004, 01:03 PM
    Alana jumped when the dragons landed. She shuddered, and stayed as far away from them as possible.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 22nd December 2004, 01:22 PM
    {Sorry to make the lady jump} the bigest dragon said to Daney.
    "This is Cole(the bigest one, lite grey) and Bone(dark blue)." Daney said interduceing the dragons.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 02:01 PM
    Boots looked at the dragons warily. Smart creatures they were, could sense things many others couldn't. As long as they couldn't sense anything about her Boots would be fine.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd December 2004, 04:27 PM
    Tess stared at Cole and Bone, enraptured by them. They were magnificient...
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd December 2004, 06:34 PM
    "Hey big fellas." Dave said after whistling as he watched the dragons land. "Tent's right here, Boots. Tell me where you want it and I'll get it up for ya."
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 06:37 PM
    Boots cast another wary glance at the dragons and then shrugged. "Wherever." Then she stopped and glanced around. "How about over there?"
    She pointed to a a spot a bit aways from the group, near the edge of the trees. It would be wonderful to disappear into if she had to shift in a hurry.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 22nd December 2004, 06:47 PM
    Kallista saw Boots point to a remote spot-the place she was. She was invisible, so they couldn't see her, but there weren't very many other shadowed places nearby.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 06:49 PM
    ((Interesting. I wonder how long it will be before Boots lets her secret out about bein a shapeshifter))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 22nd December 2004, 06:49 PM
    ((I wonder how long it'll be before the others(other than Adalia) find out that Kallista's an assassin........))
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 06:51 PM
    ((She is? Really? Coooooool. As for Boots the only way to find out would either be find someone who knows- near impossible- get her so furious she forgets, or put her in a life-threatening situation. What'll do it for your char?))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 22nd December 2004, 06:52 PM
    ((I think I'm gonna wait 'till someone starts interrogating her, then she'll put some poison into a spray bottle and spray it at 'em or something.))
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 06:54 PM
    ((Ooooooookaaaaaaaay. lol. I'm keepin Boots far far away.))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 22nd December 2004, 06:58 PM
    ((Well, she's not gonna kill Boots. She doesn't have anything against her.))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 22nd December 2004, 07:06 PM
    Kallista watched the others. Her hatred for them burned like a red-hot flame. I don't know how much longer I can wait.......vengeance will be so sweet! She knew she couldn't let the dragons kill them. Killing them herself was the only way she could be satisfied.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd December 2004, 07:14 PM
    "Alright, hold on a sec." Dave said as he walked over with Boots' tent and began setting it up.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 22nd December 2004, 07:18 PM
    Kallista saw Dave walking towards her. There wasn't time to run. Pretty soon, as he got closer, he'd see her. She felt around in her pouch and took out a vial. She poured a bit into a perfume bottle and held it at the ready. This poison wouldn't kill him, but it'd give her enough time to make a quick getaway.
    Posted by Locket (Member #89074) on 22nd December 2004, 07:51 PM
    Boots lumbered after Dave. How she wished her new shape would be a bit more graceful. "Need help?" But then her sharp eye caught Kallista. Boots let out a yelp of surprise.
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast