Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragons Haven

Dragons Haven

Dragons Haven

Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 9th November 2004, 07:46 PM
    ((ok this is about a war fixing to start and going on between 15 dragons and and 4 small towns. there are 5 dragons helping the people. the towns are: Lenkly(said linkly) a sea side town, Plesent a smal(plains like)town, Hollyes(like the Shire from LOTR), and Silverwood(a forest). the five good dragons are Meka, Naome, Mawt, Bones and Cece. ((the good dragons have 3 babies between them; Bane is Mekaand Bones' son, Nore and Figwin are Mawt and Cece's daughter and son. all welcome and pleas dont hesate to join, oh spelling dosent matter(as you can probly tell from mine ) ohhh yah the kingdom the towns are under is called Dragon's Haven. I'll explain in the ooc fourm ))

Keria walked down to the lake, wear 2 dragons were waiteing; Meka and her drakling, Bane. Bane had been hurt while trying to fly to soon.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 9th November 2004, 07:57 PM
    Keria(is a dragon-sayer, talks to them and is a healer. bio coming soon) sat down next to Bane, taking his paw(calw?) in her hand. He had broken it by falling about 100 feet out of the air.

{Now you silly creature you eill have to stay of this paw for a few weeks. It is almost complety healed. You make sure he stayes off it now Meka} Keria said to the dragons. [Yes Lady he'll stay off the paw. Thank you Lady] Meka replyed for bothe dragons be for flieng off.
    Posted by FireRock (Member #81900) on 11th November 2004, 12:52 AM
    Ruyka wandered through the woods, almost aimlessly. She was tired of walking, tired of searching, tired of being alone, tired of being wherever she was. She sighed heavily and jumped up through a large tree until she was at the top and could see over the woods. She looked around to see a large opening in the woods with a field and a lake. No towns nearby that she could see though.

"Too bad," Ruyka said to herself, "I'm getting kind of hungry and could use a nice hot bowl of stew or something." She pushed the thought out of her mind and jumped back down through the tree. She landed and continued walking toward the opening.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 12th November 2004, 08:55 PM
    Keria pulled the hood of her brown colke up over her head and walked to her mare, a fiesty grey. Keria rod a for a few miutes be for reseveing a thought from Meka talking to Bane[ You WILL do as the Lady Keria says Bane. Now sit down and eat your meal]. Keria laughed as she heard this.
    Posted by FireRock (Member #81900) on 13th November 2004, 01:52 AM
    Ruyka got to the opening and breathed deeply. Being a forest elf, she never tired of the beauty and freedom that she felt in the thick of the woods.

There didn't seem to be much activity, so she walked to the edge of the lake and washed herself quickly before looking around for any sign of food and/or shelter.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 08:14 AM
    To draklings were flying to the lake. They cerciled above before landing, but then they saw a person and froze.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 12:27 PM
    The draklings were Nore and Figwin. They were curois, yet they had been warned not to trust any human at first glance. Suddenly they turned their long necks and listened for a seconed then took off. They called to their mothers to join them.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 04:14 PM
    Lanai wandered around in the woods for a while before heading down to the lake. She wanted to go for a swim before she returned home in Silverwood. As she neared the lake, she saw another girl standing near the lake shore. She wasn't sure if she should enter into the meadow, so she stayed hidden in the forest.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 04:36 PM
    A drakling swooped down in front of Lanai. It was Nore, she called to the other dragons and they landed in front of the human/elf.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 04:40 PM
    When the dragon swooped down in front of her, Lanai gave a small cry of surprise. She had heard that there were dragons here, but she hadn't ever seen them. When more dragons landed in front of her, Lanai took a step back in surprise, and a little bit of fright. She wasn't sure if she would be able to approach the dragons, or if she would even be able to move. She took a deep breath, and watched to see what the dragons would do.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 04:54 PM
    Nore wawlked foward and made a soft purring sound. She had seen this human/elf as an alei and a friend. The other dragons stayed back and then took off leaveing Nore and the human alone.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 05:01 PM
    Lanai saw the dragon walk toward her, and she took a small step back in fright, until she heard the dragon purring. Dragons can purr?! she thought. Lanai took a deep breath, and stepped toward the dragon, slowly reaching her hand out. She spoke softly to the dragon, not knowing if the dragon could even understand her. "It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you..." She kept on inching forward until her hand touched the dragon's scales. Lanai stroked the dragon's scales, and inched forward more, until she was standing next to the dragon.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 05:04 PM
    Keria rode up to the strange sight of Lanai stroking Nore, the other dragons flying behind her. "I see what Cece was saying now. She's Norenae, but we call her Nore for short. Oh I'm Keria."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 05:14 PM
    Lanai heard a horse behind her, and she turned slightly to see a girl watching her. The girl said that the dragon's name was Nore. "Nore..." Lanai said softly, still stroking the dragon. "What a pretty name." She turned to the other girl when she introduced herself, and said, "Hi Keria, I'm Lanai." She thought for a minute and then said, "What do you mean 'I see what Cece was saying now.'? Who's Cece?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 05:16 PM
    "Well I have to go, but if you like you can come with me to my camp. I'm sure Meka or Cece would carry you" Keria said turning her horse.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 05:35 PM
    "sure. I'd like to come with you." Lanai said quietly, still stroking Nore's scales. "Who are Meka and Cece?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 05:38 PM
    "Those 2" Keria said pointing be hind her at the two female dragons. "There gentel as kittens, as long as I tell then to be have they'll behave."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 05:50 PM
    Lanai turned around, and saw two huge (to her perspective) dragons waiting there. They looked frightening to Lanai, but she took a deep breath, and slowly began to approach the two dragons. She was small for her age, so it seemed like they towered over her as she approached.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 05:55 PM
    "Here Cece said she'll carry you. Hold on Meka and le me unsaddel this horse." Keria said hopping of the horse. After unsaddeling the mare se went over to Meka and climbed on to the base of her neak. "Watch how I'm doing it, ok?" she asked Lanai.
    Posted by * General-E * (Member #89831) on 13th November 2004, 06:10 PM
    ((You sent me a pm about this and right now I cant really join SorrY.))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 06:11 PM
    ((ok))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 06:17 PM
    Lanai nodded and watched carefully how Keria climbed onto the dragon Keria had called Meka. Lanai walked over to the other dragon, Cece, and climbed up the same way Keria had done. She made the mistake of looking down once she was settled, and closed her eyes in fright. She didn't like heights that much, and now she was sitting about 16-18 feet off of the ground. She took a deep breath and waited.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 06:20 PM
    "Hold on as she takes off. Other than that we should be fine till landing. Oh Nore wants you to be friends and I told her that would be up to you." Keria said br fore Meka started to take off, before the left Meka picked up the saddel and tack and they started for Keria's uncal's camp.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 06:25 PM
    Lanai nodded, and held on tightly, but not too tightly. She looked at Keria in surprise. "You can talk with them? That's cool! How did you learn how to do it?" Lanai took a breath, and said, "Also, tell Nore that I would love to be friends with her." Suddenly, Cece took off, and Lanai was glad that she was holding on tightly. Once they were in the air, the ride was smooth, and she released her grip slightly.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 06:40 PM
    "I'm a dragon-sayer" Keria said. "Nore say thats she soooooooooo happy. She keeps singing that your her friend and that you going to be taken care of"
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 06:46 PM
    Lanai smiled when Keria told her what Nore was saying. "Tell her that I'm happy too." Lanai said with a grin. "How do you know if you're a dragon-sayer?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 06:47 PM
    "You'll hear the dragon as if it is you own thoughts. You will also be able to call down birds and tame the wild ones"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 06:52 PM
    "Oh. How much farther is your camp?" Lanai asked. She was wondering if she could be a dragon-sayer, but she didn't think she was, because she couldn't hear the dragons, but she had a lot on her mind lately...
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 07:07 PM
    "Just a few more mientus. When we ght there I'll see if your a sayer if you want"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 07:09 PM
    "Ok. I would like it if you would check if I was a dragon-sayer too. I think it would be fun to be able to speak with Nore and the other dragons."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 07:15 PM
    "Alright---ummm heres the woods the camps in" Keria said as they started to land nere a clump of trees.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 07:18 PM
    Lanai tightened her grip once more, as Cece began to make her descent. Lanai held her breath as the dragons landed, and once they had landed, she shakily climbed off of Cece, and waited for Keria.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 07:21 PM
    Keria jumped of Meka and ran in to the arms of her uncal. "Uncul this is Lanai. Lanai this is Uncal Andy"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 07:28 PM
    Lanai followed Keria slowly. "Hi," she said shyly.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 08:20 PM
    "Welcome my dear, any friend of Keria's is a friend of ours." Andrew Maclean said.
    "Keria!"James and Daney, her cosins,yelled as they came running up and each huged her. "James..Hows Dianna?" Keria asked her oldes cosin.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 10:16 PM
    When two guys ran out to greet Keria, Lanai held back, inching back toward the edge of camp. She wasn't used to meeting and greeting new people, and was usually very shy when it came to meeting new people.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 10:18 PM
    "Shes fine, Ker" James said refering to his wife.

"Ohh Guys this is Lanai, she going to be staying with us" Keria said.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 10:31 PM
    Lanai stopped moving, and inched forward again until she was near Keria. She glanced up, and said softly, "Hi." and then looked down again. She was really shy when it came to meeting new people, because she hadn't really developed the skills necessary when it came to meeting and greeting. Her parents had died when she was 3, and she didn't remember very well what it was like to live with a family. Here was her chance to live with a family again, and she had some mixed feelings about it...
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 10:40 PM
    "Come, Daney and I'll see if you can be a -sayer as well as us! Nore will be joining us in a few....see here she is" Keria said takeing Lanai's hand and pullng her over to a log and pushing her down to sit. [Ker you dont have to be rough, Daney dont let her hurt Lanai] Nore said to Keria and Daney, they just laughed at this.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 10:44 PM
    Keria took Lanai's hand and pulled her over to log, and then pushed her down to sit. She thought she heard something, but she decided that she must be imagining things, and then Keria and Daney began to laugh. "What's so funny?" Lanai asked.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 13th November 2004, 10:46 PM
    "Nore says not to hurt you, to much" Daney said.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 13th November 2004, 10:48 PM
    "What do you mean 'to much'? I'd rather stay unhurt thank you very much!" Lanai said stubbornly. She looked over to Nore, and thought she saw the dragon smile, but she didn't even know if dragons could smile.
    Posted by christian cutie danni (Member #29329) on 13th November 2004, 11:00 PM
    ((only 2 replys huh? lol))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 13th November 2004, 11:17 PM
    The old woman was dead. As Tess stood at graveside during the burial, she suddenly felt an intense pain in her hand and wrist. Tess slipped to the back of the group of people and realizing she was able, she turned and fled. She ran resolutely toward the forest without looking back. Tess didn't care if she was killed she wanted to be free. The pain in her hand was intense and brought tears to her eyes but finally she felt relief. As she drew deeper into the forest she felt more images flooding her mind. Fearing pursuit, Tess ran on.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 14th November 2004, 02:22 PM
    ((ype sure is a lol, danni ))

Bane took off from the others that were watching Nore and Lanai. He flew over the woods till he got to the spot were Tess was, and watched her thugh the trees.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 14th November 2004, 03:08 PM
    "So...how are you going to tell if I'm a dragon-sayer?" Lanai asked curiously. She was getting over her initial shyness, and was beginning to feel more comfortable around Keria and her family.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 14th November 2004, 03:34 PM
    'Well first lets aee if Nore can get your thoughts!" Keria said.
    Posted by christian cutie danni (Member #29329) on 14th November 2004, 05:40 PM
    Shailee ran, from a red firery dragon. She wazs terrified. "No!" She cried, running. She looked behind her, and saw the dragon was right on her. She tripped over a tree root. Rollin over, she faced him. Reaching behind, she graped her sword. "Leave me alone, or else!" She cried angrily.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 14th November 2004, 06:04 PM
    Tess pulled up short. She could see herself running through the forest as if she were high up. Tess shook her head. The slaves collar must have grown too tight, she must be hallucinating...she thought! Then she 'felt' the discomfort of the injured wrist. Tess began to look wildly around herself, fearing she was about to be caught. She could feel eyes on her.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 14th November 2004, 06:45 PM
    "How is she going to do that?" Lanai asked. She wasn't usually so full of questions, but she was a little nervous, and when she was nervous, she was a chatterbox. That had gotten her into a lot of trouble before at the orphanage.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 14th November 2004, 07:58 PM
    ((Ladyknight gave me an invite, it ok with the rest of you if I join?

Name: Dave Morden

Build: moderately heavy

Hair: short and brown

Eyes: blue

Height: 6'2''

Dave is a rare form of fighter that utilizes their own rage as a weapon, and channels it into the form of raw energy. They can generate energy blades on their wrists, imbue objects or their hands with heat energy, and increase their physical output and performance.

He is primarily a mercenary, but lives at a sanctuary in the woods with men who share his fighting style. He is pure and kind of heart, but has a bit of a temper. He likes working alone, but can adapt to team work if needed. He has a hard time remaining loyal to causes at times, and has gained a reputation as a traitor with some mercenary guilds.

I'll just join in when the moment presents itself, k?))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 14th November 2004, 10:01 PM
    ((it's fine with me. have fun))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 15th November 2004, 09:28 AM
    Tess shivered, she was not dressed for the cooler climate. Raised in a warm southern climate then used to being inside during her time with the old woman, she was unused to the cold. She finally realized she must seek some kind of shelter and food. Suddenly Tess heard a cry from somewhere in the woods. A human voice. She considered running again, it might mean being caught. She thought she heard fear in the voice. Against her better judgement Tess moved cautiously toward the cry. Now the voice was warning off someone or something. Tess peeked around a massive tree trunk and saw a young girl being pinned down by a huge red creature, a dragon! Tess thought frantically... what could SHE do?? Fearing for the girls safety she threw a rock across the clearing and waited to see what the creature would do.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 15th November 2004, 07:53 PM
    Keria saw thw rock coming and warned Nore. Daney stood and drew a short sword, he walked over to the woods and called out "Whos ther?!? Show your self!"
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 15th November 2004, 09:32 PM
    Dave had been watching their activity, as it is not every day you see a dragon out in the woods. He hadnt seen the rock though, and thought they referred to him. He figured it best to try and negotiate his way out of this one, although he hated doing that. "Alright, I mean you no harm." he said with his arms in the air as he stepped out of the trees. "I am very sorry if I interrupted a private gathering, but I was alarmed by the sight of the dragon. I will be on my way if you wish for me to leave.."
    Posted by FireRock (Member #81900) on 16th November 2004, 01:46 AM
    Ruyka awoke at the sound of some sort of commotion coming from sounded like the other side of the lake. She sat up and stretched, both annoyed and curious at what had woken her up from such a nice long sleep. She jumped down out of the tree she was in and brushed herself off a little. Then she went to the edge of the lake and bent down. She put her hands in the water and splashed it up onto her face and then drank some as well. It was quite refreshing.

Then she sat quietly and listened to see if she could hear across the lake what was going on before she went to find out. She couldn't even see the people or creatures who were talking, but she could slightly make out their conversation.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 16th November 2004, 09:46 AM
    As Shailee pulled out her sword to face the red dragon, Tess stepped out into the clearing. Clearly her rock had not fooled the creature. She had to stop it from hurting the young woman on the ground!
    "HEY! YOU BIG UGLY THING!! Pick on someone your own size!!!" Tess yelled challenging the big red dragon, this time she pegged it on the hindquarters. Her knees felt like water and fear was making breathing difficult but desperation was overpowering her fear. Suddenly to her the dragon represented all the people that had made her life miserable. Tess narrowed her brows and stared defiantly at the red dragon.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th November 2004, 09:56 AM
    Dave realized that he had just found himself in the middle of a big fight. He decided to take the side of the girl who was pelting the dragon. He ran over to her and said, "Uh, I have no idea why you are challenging a dragon, but it must be for a good cause. You have my aid in bringing the beast down." He closed his eyes for a few seconds and when he opened them they glowed bright red as red energy blades appeared on his wrists. "Think we can take him?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 16th November 2004, 10:14 AM
    Tess' eyes grew wide as the young man ran up. His appearance totally unexpected but greatly welcomed! "Think we can take him?" the young man said. Tess looked at the young woman the red dragon had pinned on the ground and nodded her chin toward her.
    "I think we have to try for her sake! If we don't, she is dragon lunch!" Tess replied quickly and threw another rock at the dragon.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th November 2004, 10:22 AM
    "Ah, a classic." Dave said sarcastically. His eyes glowed red again and with a feral roar he charged the beast with inhuman speed. He jumped into the air, extending his arms and began spinning as he headed straight for the beast.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th November 2004, 11:52 AM
    "The dragons will not hurt any one, unless you hurt one of us. I camand thease dragons in away, they'll do as I say" Keria said comeing foward.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th November 2004, 11:57 AM
    "What?!" Dave said as he stopped himself from hitting the dragon and falling to the ground with a loud grunt. "Well, then did you command it to eat that girl?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 16th November 2004, 01:23 PM
    OOC: Okay, I need some clarification. I thought Keria and Lanai and their dragons were somewhere else. Shailee (?) Danni's character was being waylaid by one of the evil dragons... It had her pinned to the ground and she had drawn a sword to try to defend herself..... So I'm very confused here....
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th November 2004, 04:22 PM
    ((Really? So does that mean we can go back to killing the dragon?))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th November 2004, 08:43 PM
    ((ok sorry))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th November 2004, 08:45 PM
    ((Rah! Kill the dragon! Spinning again! Ignore my last two posts!!))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 16th November 2004, 08:49 PM
    ((lol. getting a little confused Dave?))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th November 2004, 09:16 PM
    ((Not anymore, but cmon, lets kill us a dragon!!! 4real))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th November 2004, 10:17 PM
    ((yah but dont kill my dragons(the good ones) ))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 16th November 2004, 10:30 PM
    ((k. once again, spinning at the dragon, fixing to turn it into dragon salsa))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 16th November 2004, 10:44 PM
    (( ))

{A dark dragon is within flying distance, Lady. Shall i go check it out?} Meka asked Keira. {Yes, I'll go with you.} was the rply. "Meka and I are going to check something out. Daney stay here and tell Uncal we'll be back soon" Keria said climbing on to Mekas back.
    Posted by FireRock (Member #81900) on 17th November 2004, 12:31 AM
    Ruyka stood up after leaning over the water. "That doesn't sound good," she thought as she picked up her things and threw her backpack on, "Might as well go check it out. I don't relaly have anywhere that I need to be right now anyways."

Ruyka began making her way around the lake, and although it wasn't a very big lake, it was still a trek to get over to where everyone else was.

After awhile she saw a red dragon and a young man spinning towards it in attack mode. She thought she saw another girl standing nearby but she wasn't sure yet. Ruyka crounched down a bit and continued to make her way over to the fight.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th November 2004, 08:53 AM
    Tess was searching frantically for more stones. None left in the vicinity! Darting to another position in full view of the dragon she tried to take it's attention away, waving her arms and yelling. Tess saw the young man's attack land and she ran to try to grab the girl from its claws. The claws were busy now attempting to fend off the attack of some wild creature. The enraged roar of the dragon echoed through the forest.
    Tess tugged at the girl's arms but she wasn't very strong. "Come, we must run!" She cried to the girl. Out of the corner of her eye she saw someone else coming. She didn't even look directly at them. "Help me!!!" Tess cried out. Being this close to the dragon was scaring a days journey out of her!
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th November 2004, 11:29 AM
    "What about me?" Lanai asked when Keria said that she was going to check something out. "What am I supposed to do?" She was curious about what had happened, and wanted to know, but she also wanted to stay safe...
    Posted by FireRock (Member #81900) on 17th November 2004, 02:45 PM
    "Help me!!!" a girl said to Ruyka as she finally got close enough to see what was going on. She then saw that the dragon had someone in its claws and the girl was trying to get her out. Ruyka dropped her pack and ran over to the girl to help her out.

They both pulled and pulled, and finally the girl who was trapped was freed from the dragon's grasp. Ruyka and the girl helped her up and away from the dragon as the other boy attacked it.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th November 2004, 03:25 PM
    ((BTW, my char is in his 20's, so dont think he counts as a boy, but whatever. Also, I wasnt sure if anyone controlled this dragon, and if so, tell me and I will edit this.))

Dave spun towards the dragon and made several large gashes in its hide. He landed on the ground and charged at the dragon with another war cry. He began hacking madly at the beast's underbelly, trying desperately to avoid its claws and teeth. "A little help would be real nice!" he shouted to the girls.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th November 2004, 06:18 PM
    "Stay here with the others. Daney and Nore will see if you can be a dragon-sayer. if were not back in 3 hours you can come looking for me." Keria said as Meka started to take off.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th November 2004, 07:15 PM
    "Ok," Lanai said. She hoped that Keria would be alright. Keria was the only person who had been nice to her recently, and she really liked her. Lanai watched as Meka took off, and flew over the woods, until she wasn't able to see Meka anymore. She turned her attention to Daney, and looked over at Nore also. "So...what are you going to do?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th November 2004, 09:33 PM
    "Well...first try and clear you thoughts. Try and hear with your mind what Nore is saying to you." Daney explained.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th November 2004, 09:41 PM
    Lanai nodded, and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly. She tried to clear her mind, but some things refused to go away. She thought she could hear something at the back of her mind, and she tried to get there, but things just kept blocking her. She sighed in frustration, and opened her eyes. "I just can't clear my mind all of the way! There's too much stuff on my mind right now!"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th November 2004, 09:51 PM
    Tess was relieved when another set of hands pulled at the girl. They soon had her clear of the beast. Tess heard the young man yell for assistance. She ran back, sweeping up a long sapling that had been felled by the beast. Circling around to the off side of the creature she tried to poke it enough to distract it. Tess screamed at the wicked thing, but really had no other idea what she could do to help.

Finally the dragon swung around to snarl at her when she smashed the sapling onto it's clawed toe. Tess heard bones snap and that pain had gained her the creatures attention. Now her eyes grew wide for she hadn't the foggiest what to do next!
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th November 2004, 10:02 PM
    Meka flew faster, and soon reached the spoot were the 2 girls and a man were. She lander and blew fire in the b-dragons direction.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th November 2004, 10:12 PM
    Dave took advantage of its distraction and rolled underneath it. He proceeded to hack, slash and stab at it's underbelly with his claws, hoping to kill the foul dragon.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 17th November 2004, 10:16 PM
    "His neck and under his arms!" Keria yelled to the man.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 17th November 2004, 10:22 PM
    "Right!" Dave yelled as he began slashing its arms, not wanting to take the risk of getting that close to its mouth.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th November 2004, 09:58 AM
    As the dragon turned to Tess, she suddenly realized how incredibly insane she was! The dragon's near eye bored into her and it snapped it's jaws menacingly. The stench of its breath nearly made Tess vomit. Her eyes watered but a small part of her became angry and she screamed at it. "DIDN'T YOUR MOTHER TELL YOU TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH!!!" Tess yelled with a thrust forward, surprising the beast. The point of her sapling rammed into the right eye of the dragon. The dragon threw out its front arm sweeping Tess backward into a tree trunk. The wind knocked out of her, she stared at the new arrival with horror....another dragon! With detached resignation Tess realized they probably were ALL dragon food now....
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 18th November 2004, 10:02 AM
    Dave muttered an obscenity under his breath as he saw the new dragon. He took advantage of Tess' outburst and went for the beast's throat with his psi blades. Foul dragon blood came pouring out, and he jumped aside, because he would rather not find out if it was harmful to the touch.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th November 2004, 10:33 AM
    Something nagged at the back of Tess' mind. She suddenly 'felt' the new dragon wanting to help. 'That was an odd consideration...'she wondered where it had come from? Then Tess saw the girl standing next to the dragon. The girl had been hidden from her view until now. The girl was not frightened...she was touching the dragon! Tess was very confused. "Must have hit my head as well...." she muttered.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 18th November 2004, 10:32 PM
    "Are you alright?" Keria asked running up to Tess. "Meka see to the others." she said out loud but in thought she said {Be careful Meka. If need be call Bones or Mawt.}

Meka just nodded and went to do as she was told.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th November 2004, 08:18 AM
    Tess just stared at the ground for a few seconds before answering Keria, trying to figure out how best to reply. A slave had to be careful, she had learned that a long time ago, her back bore the lessons to this day. Words had to be chosen wisely or one could receive a beating or worse.
    "I am unharmed lady....only bruised and just now reclaiming my breath..." Tess replied carefully. "The warrior...is he alive?"
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 19th November 2004, 08:22 AM
    "Yeah, I'm alive." Dave said as he walked over from the dragon's corpse. He looked to Tess and said, "Honestly, rocks? Aren't you armed in any way? If you arent you dont have much business running around in dragon territory. But thats not important, are you ok? And is the girl who the dragon was attacking in the first place ok?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th November 2004, 08:49 AM
    A deep crimson began to spread across Tess' face. She looked down at the ground, raised her eyes quickly to look at Dave, then lowered them again. Something inside her snapped and she could no longer hold her tongue.
    "If rocks and sticks are all you have, then rocks and sticks are what you must use." Tess replied angrily, she closed her eyes waiting for the inevitable blow to fall.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 19th November 2004, 04:45 PM
    That kinda went over Dave's head. "Hey, uh, that kinda went over my head, could you explain that for me?" he said, confused.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 19th November 2004, 09:44 PM
    "Are you hurt in any way? And the other girl, is she in need of healing? And you sir, are you ok? Ohhh yes Meka your right...ohh thats right I forgot they cant hear you" Keria said frouning. {Meka do you think you could carry us all? If not call Bones to come and help us} she said to Meka. { I can try to carry you all} was the rply.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 19th November 2004, 11:57 PM
    "Ya, I'm fine..." Dave said as he straightened out his clothing. "What was with the dragon? Why did it attack you?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th November 2004, 10:09 AM
    Tess turned away from Dave, her anger at a fever pitch as she assumed he was being condescending to her. She had been surprised when the inevitable blow had not fallen. No matter, Tess had to find a way to escape this group of people before they figured out who she was and sent her back. Tess tilted her head at Keria and the dragon at the question.
    "I am unharmed." Tess replied but started to back away. She was judging how quickly she could cover the distance to the heavy brush.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 20th November 2004, 10:15 AM
    "Well good." Dave said, looking a bit more relaxed. "I was worried when you hit that tree man, you need to be careful around those dragons. Avoid the front end at all costs."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 20th November 2004, 03:58 PM
    "Not all dragons are bad you know. See Meka here is very good, unless someones trying to hurt me or my friends" Keria said pointingat Meka.

Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 20th November 2004, 06:40 PM
    ((lol. typical guy, thinking about his stomach))

"Sure. I'm pretty hungry." Stands up and walks over to where the food was cooking. Lanai glanced back at Nore, and smiled at the dragon. Lanai thought she heard something at the back of her mind, but she wasn't sure. Could I be a dragon-sayer? Lanai thought. That would be awesome! I hope I am. I would like to be able to speak with Nore. Lanai thought happily.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st November 2004, 12:58 PM
    While Lanai was eatting Nore came up and nudgeed the back of her arm, as if begging for a treat. "Nore! Were are your manners? I even I know better" Daney said laughing.

"Would ya'll like to join me and my family, I'm sure they've got something to eat ready." Keria asked.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 21st November 2004, 01:49 PM
    "Sure, what the heck? Mighty kind of you." Dave accepted enthusiastically. "So, uh, I still dont know what the deal was with that dragon... what was it doing out here attacking innocent people?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st November 2004, 01:58 PM
    Lanai felt a nudge on her arm, and she turned to see Nore looking at her. It almost seemed like she was begging for a treat. When Daney laughed and asked Nore where her manners were, Lanai laughed, and broke off a part of her meal and gave it to Nore. "There you go, Nore. I'm happy to share with you." Lanai said with a big smile.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st November 2004, 02:01 PM
    "Ohhhhh nooo.....not again! He attacked!?! Come we have to hurry back to my camp. To answer your question sir, a war has now started. We must leave now, if your coming with me." Keria said climbing onto Meka's back.

Nore suddenly flew up in to the air and then landed again. She made a panikey puring sound and Daney stood up. "Star here with Nore, I'll be right back" he said to Lanai.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 21st November 2004, 02:08 PM
    "Ok... I'll go with that for now." Dave said, wanting to ask questions, but realizing that if he didnt come too, he would get left behind. "Will I be able to keep up if I run on the ground? I am not that fond of dragons, no offense." he said, looking the dragon in the eye.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st November 2004, 02:12 PM
    Meka grunted when the man said that and Keria almost laughed. "No you wont be able to keep up, sorry sir. Oh by the way I'm Keria"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st November 2004, 02:13 PM
    Lanai nodded a little fearfully, and went over to Nore. She stood close to the dragon, trying not to be afraid. "Why did Daney run off like that?" she murmured. She looked at Nore, and said quietly, "What did you see that frightened you?" Lanai took a deep breath, and closed her eyes, trying to concentrate on clearing her mind like Daney had told her to earlier.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 21st November 2004, 02:16 PM
    "Alright," he said with a gulp. "Looks like I'm coming along for the ride. You know I didnt mean it, come on.." he said to the dragon as he attempted to climb up.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st November 2004, 02:16 PM
    Nore purred softly then {Another dragon killed. Not Meka though.} she hoped Lanai got the messge.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st November 2004, 02:21 PM
    Lanai concentrated on clearing her mind, and when she heard Nore purring softly, it seemed like all of her previous thoughts and worries fled from her mind and she heard as clear as a bell {Another dragon killed. Not Meka though.} Lanai gasped and opened her eyes. She looked at Nore in wonder and surprise. "I can't believe it. I...I heard you, Nore. I heard what you said..."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st November 2004, 02:27 PM
    Nore did what appered to be a dance and flew up in the air and did a back flip and landed. {You heard me, you heard me!! DANEY!!!! She heard me!!} Nore flew around in cerciles happly.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st November 2004, 02:29 PM
    Lanai watched Nore do her "happy dance" and couldn't help but laugh. "I can tell that you're happy." Lanai said with a grin. "What...what type of dragon was it that was killed? Were you able to see it and Keria..."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st November 2004, 02:32 PM
    {Bad bad bad dragon! not Kerika see, nor Meka yet.} was the rply.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st November 2004, 02:36 PM
    Lanai sighed, and said, "I hope that they are alright. Could you see anything else besides Meka and the bad dragon?" Lanai walked toward Nore and pressed close against the dragon, not really in fear, but in want for comfort from a friend.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st November 2004, 02:39 PM
    {nope nope nope, sorrse} Nore said wraping her tail around her friend.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st November 2004, 02:42 PM
    "It's ok Nore." Lanai cuddled close to the dragon, and was feeling comforted by her friend. She had always somehow known that dragons existed, but even she wouldn't have thought that she would be friends with a dragon. Lanai liked it though. Nore will always be my friend. I'm happy that I have at least one friend in this world. Lanai thought with a smile.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st November 2004, 02:46 PM
    {Kerika is coming home soon! Soon} Nore said trying to make her friend happy.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st November 2004, 02:47 PM
    {I know Nore, I know. I'm happy that I've finally found some friends who like me, and won't take advantage of me.} Lanai looked at the dragon and smiled.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st November 2004, 04:35 PM
    The mention of food stopped Tess. Her stomach rumbled furiously. She stood trying to decide what to do. Her bare feet and light clothing were not at all appropriate for the forest and she was getting a bit chilled. She kept her long hair mostly covering the slaves collar and she hoped fervently they had not noticed it.

OOC: how do we all get back to Keria's camp? Did Keria call the other dragons? Thanks!
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st November 2004, 04:42 PM
    ((Meka called Cece and shes on her way. they can carry two ppl at a time but meka can carrry 3 sometimes))

"Come I'll give you a hand up" Keria said to the girl. "You 2 havent said your names yet" she added quitely.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 21st November 2004, 04:51 PM
    "Dave Morden." Dave said casually. "Pleasure to meet you. And you?" he said, trying desperately not to fall as he climbed onto the dragon.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st November 2004, 04:54 PM
    "Do you need help as well?" Keria asked.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st November 2004, 05:00 PM
    OOC: Thanks!

Tess eyed Keria suspiciously. Why was she being so nice to her? Was it to lure Tess into a trappers cage? Tess had seen that happen enough to teach her never to trust anyone. Her wrist throbbed but the horrible pain of before was gone. She rubbed at it and stood immobile, unable to decide what to do. The other two women were silent and she wondered if they too were concerned.
    Tess realized she needed help but was afraid. She would die before she would face any more of her life in slavery. Tess' eyes were haunted and her cheeks were gaunt and drawn. Her painfully thin form was clearly undernourished. Tess looked at the young man and realized dragon and dragon slayer... she stood no chance anyway if she DID run. With a deep mournful sigh she held her hand up and took Keria's proffered hand.
    "I am Tess," she replied softly, with resignation.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 21st November 2004, 05:04 PM
    "Nice to meet you Tess. Is your wrist ok? Is every thing alright?" Keria asked as Tess climbed on Mekas back.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st November 2004, 05:14 PM
    "ummm...yes..." Tess replied taking her hand away from her wrist as if she had been caught with her hand in the cook's stew. Tess realized she was older than most of the others but that too had not made a difference for the last few years... Tess climbed up behind the young man to take her place. She put both hands on the dragon's back to anchor herself. 'Please Great One do not let me fall...but if I DO fall, let me die well.' Tess thought to herself sardonically.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 21st November 2004, 10:19 PM
    ((If you want me to edit this, please say so, cyberwing))

Dave watched as Tess climbed onto the dragon. He saw her slave collar, but he had not known anything of slavery in that area. "Say, thats a nice necklace you have, Tess. Where'd you get it?" he asked intentively.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd November 2004, 08:12 AM
    Tess gasped and fear rose in her. 'Was the question honest? Did he know nothing of the slaves in the town east of the forest?? Or was he baiting her? Hoping to find something out...?' Tess did not know.
    "It is ugly! I loathe it and ALL it stands for!" Tess growled defiantly, her eyes staring hard at Dave, challenging him. She was ready to throw herself from the dragon if need be.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd November 2004, 08:29 AM
    Well, it is safe to say that Tess' reaction was about the last thing Dave expected. "Whoa, alright, I'm sorry. I didnt know you didnt like it..." he decided not to ask why she wore it if she hated it, but he was afraid she might freak out again. "Whats wrong with it? If you dont mind me asking. I mean, if you dont want to talk about, thats ok. I'll shut up."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd November 2004, 08:39 AM
    "It is a hateful thing! If I could rip it off without ripping off my head, I would!" Tess, overwhelmed with raging emotion, reached up to touch the loathsome collar without realizing she was doing it. It nearly resulted in her losing her balance.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd November 2004, 08:41 AM
    Dave steadied her with his arm, hoping desperately she wouldnt be offended. "Well, lets get it off of you then, what do you say? Is it just too tight to take off or something?" he said with a look of concern on his face.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd November 2004, 08:49 AM
    Tess wanted to push Dave away but she was glad of his steadying hand. Caution screamed at her to be careful and trust no one. "Thanks," she said simply.

"I do not know how to take it off...I wish I did." Tess' voice became wistful and much softer. Her eyes were bright with unshed tears. "We can do nothing on the back of a dragon except hold on..." She pointed out trying desperately to change the subject.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd November 2004, 08:53 AM
    "Alrighty." Dave said as he grabbed ahold of whatever was available on the dragon. He lifted up his hand and looked over his shoulder at her. "If you want, I might be able to buzz it off when we land." he said as a tiny jet of heat sprayed out of the tip of his finger, making it look like a brown leather blowtorch with a tiny red flame.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd November 2004, 09:08 AM
    Tess' mouth fell open and she stared at Dave's display of power. "How? How did you do that?"
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd November 2004, 10:28 AM
    "What, this?" Dave asked as he looked at his heat jet and let it burn out. "I'm what you call a rage warrior, we channel our anger and fury into raw energy, and trust me, it takes a long time to be able to use these powers without getting angry and to not lose control when you do get angry. There arent many of us, and we live in a sanctuary about a week from here. But ya, did you see those blades I fought the dragon with? I used my powers to manifest them. Sure beats the heck out of using metal weapons, that can be broken, or taken away."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd November 2004, 11:35 AM
    Tess nodded, still shocked and staring at Dave's hands. "I'm sure that's truth!" She agreed his power would be handy. Tess looked down at her own work-worn hands, feeling very inferior. She had no such gifts. She was not particulary skilled at anything. She was just...plain. Wishing to redirect the conversation, she called up to Keria.
    "Umm, how l-l-long before w-w-we get t-t-there?" Her stomach was rumbling so furiously it was causing pain. Besides the fact she was fighting the violent shivers off, trying not to appear so inferior. She was horribly cold with the wind flipping past her light clothing. She was becoming increasingly cold and found herself trying to make herself smaller, placing more of her body directly behind Dave so that Keria and he became her wind breaks.
    Now her teeth were chattering. 'Good Tess...way to impress folks...' she thought to herself with derision as she tried to hunker down even more.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd November 2004, 12:08 PM
    "Can we please land soon?" Dave shouted over the wind and the beating of the dragon's wings. "I REALLY dont like heights, and they arent much better at really high speeds either!" He was starting to lose it, he saw the ground that seemed a mile below, and it was rushing by so fast that it was making his head spin. He closed his eyes and held on tightly.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd November 2004, 12:22 PM
    Tess was too cold to think about much except getting relief. She did take note the warrior was not perfect though although she found no sense of pleasure in it as she thought she would.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 22nd November 2004, 10:17 PM
    "Yes sir, theres the camp" Keria said pointing to the camp answering Dave's question.
    "James, Daney, Uncal Andrew, Lanai! Come, there are some people that need some food. And news of the others" she called out as she jumped to the ground.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd November 2004, 10:21 PM
    Dave pretty much fell off of the dragon's back, but he was so glad to be off of it that he didnt mind the pain. He stood up as Tess got off and said, "My offer still stands if you want me to get that necklace off for ya."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 22nd November 2004, 10:28 PM
    "What is it Ker?" Daney and James said running up. "Whos he and the girl?" Daney asnked. "Not now Daney just get them some food" Andrew said.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 22nd November 2004, 11:20 PM
    "Pleased to meet you, the name's Dave Morden." Dave said cheerfully with a wave to Kiera's folks. "And what are your names, friends?"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 22nd November 2004, 11:23 PM
    When Keria landed with a guy and a girl on Meka's back along with Keria, Lanai stayed pressed against Nore. She was a little nervous being around new people, and she wanted to stay where she knew she was safe. If it was entirely possible, she pressed up closer to Nore, not wanting to move, but knowing that she should. She just couldn't get her feet to work...
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd November 2004, 08:58 AM
    He stood up as Tess got off and said, "My offer still stands if you want me to get that necklace off for ya."

Tess was so cold she had a blueish tint and her lips were a lovely purple. She too got off a bit clumsily but managed to remain on her feet, even though she felt as though she stood on a million small thorns. At Dave's offer Tess nodded. "Yes, I would be most grateful."

Tess nodded to the new people afraid to look up at their eyes. She waited for one of them to berate her for an imposter and relegate her back to her place.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd November 2004, 09:11 AM
    "Alright then, hold still. Dont want to burn you." Dave said as he grabbed her by the shoulder and lifted her chin up, moved her hair away from her neck and ignited his fingertip. It only took a few seconds, and then with a small snap the necklace came off. "There we go." he said cheerfully. He couldnt help but notice how she looked blue, and the fact that her neck even was very cold to the touch. He concentrated for a moment and his fist began to glow red. "Here, let me warm you up a bit."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd November 2004, 09:36 AM
    Tess stared at Dave in amazement then looked up to see if Keria or any of the others would object. The collar now in her hands, she gazed down at it then back up at Dave. "You...you risk punishment to take this off of me! Why...why would you do that?" Tess whispered, confused. Her wide eyes fastened onto the collar with aversion and perverse satisfaction that it was in her hands and no longer around her throat with its power to control her with its infliction of pain. The heat generated by Dave's power began to make feeling return and Tess felt a thousand tiny needles assailing her limbs as feeling began to return.
    "Th..th...thank you..." Tess whispered and looked up at the people and dragons around her, tears standing in her eyes.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd November 2004, 11:28 AM
    "There, is that better?" he asked, allowing his energy to dissipate.

"What punishment?!" Dave asked, unaware that there was anything wrong with what he was doing. "What did I do? Was someone making you were that? And if they were, then why? And why in the heck didnt you tell me I would be punished? I mean, I still would have done it if it was causing you any trouble, but it still would have been kind of you to inform me on the matter." he said seriously, but trying not to scold her.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 03:39 PM
    "Thers no time fo that now,sir. Come eat and then we must talk of what happened. I'm Keria's uncal Andrew" Andrew said as someone came up with plates of food.

A man came running and stumbeling in to the camp and came up to Keria. He was muddy and bloody. "Prince-" he started but a look from Keria stoped him so instead he said "Lady, a company of 30-50 men attacked the scouting party about an hour ago. They killed or captured every on and sent me to to tell you" he said panting.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd November 2004, 04:12 PM
    Tess looked shocked. She had never dreamed these people might not know of the slave trade in the city of Tebria. True it was a day and nights journey from this forest but she couldn't imagine they knew nothing of the major trade of the port city of Tebria.
    "You...you truly did not know this is a Tebrian slaves collar?" Tess was stricken through the heart to realize her fear had put him into danger. He HAD been trying to help her it seemed, no tricks. Tess looked with alarm at the people standing with Keria. Would they harm the young man because of her? She watched them carefully for she would die before she let them harm the strange one because of her. She just didn't see any malice or disapproval on their faces. So she relaxed.
    Tess hung her head. "Forgive me..... fire man. I meant no harm to you." Tess was miserable. She was cold, wet hungry and now broken-hearted. 'Good start Tess...you always were one to do the wrong thing for the right reasons...' Tess' thoughts berated her vehemently. When the plates of food were brought, Tess' stomach growled loudly. She blushed but thanked them for their provision. When she began to eat she ate quickly, saying nothing but grabbing frantically at each morsel as if she expected it to disappear from her plate. She hadn't eaten in four days. Not since the old woman had died. Tess had been forced to go hungry 'out of custom for her owners passing'. Her bony wrists and fingers flew as they stuffed the food into her small mouth.

Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 04:19 PM
    ((i'm going to start a civil war time rp, any one want to join?))
    "Alright, I take this one Uncal. Daney you and Lania should come with me. I want you 2 new guys to come with me. Mabye one of you could help" Keria said scouling at the man. "This is Genreal Samule Haiden. Haiden you had better start talking, and fast" she added.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd November 2004, 04:28 PM
    Tess nodded mutely at Keria. She would do as this young woman wished. For she had shown Tess kindness, not the end of a lash.

One of the dragons stepped on a sharp stone and suddenly Tess was hopping about in pain, in the same rthym as the dragon, tears in her eyes and a grimace of pain on her face.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 04:29 PM
    "What is it? Something wrong Tess?" Keria asked as she saw Tess hopping around.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd November 2004, 05:03 PM
    "You are a slave?" Dave asked in awe and disgust. "That is unfogrivable! nobody should be sold or bought and forced to do someone else's work! Tess, where did you say you were from? I have not heard of any places that were still immoral and barbaric enough to keep slaves." He stopped talking for a moment and settled down, a look of pity coming over his face. "Tess, you were afraid I was going to turn you in, werent you? I would never do such a thing, and I will make sure nobody does, you can count on it. Also, I would prefer you call me Dave instead of Fireman." he said sarcastically. "I would especially like it if you would call me friend."

Dave was fairly hungry as well, but he tried to use good table manners, as he was no longer in the sanctuary. "Mighty good food, my complements." he said after wiping his mouth of with his sleeve. "Thank you for letting us in, let me know if I can return the favor." he said to Kiera and her family.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 05:09 PM
    "You can" Keria said. "Tell me if eather of you recognize this" she said holding out a silver amulet. It had a background design of some kind of writeing and in the forground was a small dimonde.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd November 2004, 05:11 PM
    Dave stared at it and squinted for a few moments before shaking his head and saying, "Sorry, I dont remember ever seeing that one. Its nice, but I havent seen it anywhere."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 05:16 PM
    "Its is nice, and its also a key. Come in to the tent I want to show you something and ask you a few questions. Now you you must know this is confedential sir" Keira said walking over to a lagre tent holding the flap open she waited for Dave's rply.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd November 2004, 05:21 PM
    "Uh... ok..." he said slightly nervously, since the last time someone wanted to "ask him some questions" was when he was involved with a vandalism when he was very young.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 05:27 PM
    "Thank you for being willing to listen. What I'm about to tell and show you must not leave this tent, under stand?" Keria said walking over to a table in the corner of the tent. On the table was a very ornate box(kinda big). Keria picked up the box and showit to Dave. "Watch" she said as she slid the key in to small hole in the back of the box. The lid poped open and, laying there on a pillow were 2 crowns.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd November 2004, 05:36 PM
    "Ok...." he said staring blankly at the crowns. "Real pretty, but what are they for?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 05:47 PM
    "My uncal. He is the next in line to take the knigdom, after my father. But father was killed and now uncal is the regent till I'm 18. No one here knows about us, excpet to men. We are here to find help because our home is now under attact from the dragons. We are looking for people willing to help and people like dragon-sayers, mages, and others" Keria said hoping Dave understood what she was saying.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd November 2004, 05:53 PM
    "Aaah, I get it." Dave said, his face turning to a scowl. "You want me to help you rise to power, right? Well, one, I dont fight for free unless it is a good cause, and political power struggles are not my idea of a good cause. Now, if you could tell me all the wonderful things you would do as Queen, I might be more interested. Like, say, freeing all of the slaves in Tess' home city, protecting your people from bandits and corrupt men who tax them out of their homes, that sort of thing. And even then it would just barely be worthy of being called a noble cause."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 05:58 PM
    "No I dont care to rise to power, if it were my chose my uncal Andrew would be king. And I'm not asking you to fight, I'm asking for advice! All I want at the moment is to get rid of those blasted thing killing off my frinds and their familes! Ad if I become queen you bet I'll try and help Tess and ohers like her." Keria almost yelled. Then she calmed down a bit and said "What do you thnk I am , a heartless wich?"
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd November 2004, 06:02 PM
    "My apalogies." Dave said, feeling a bit like a jerk. "You are the first monarch I have encountered that has those sort of priorities, and I salute you. If it is dragons and bandits you want removed, I can do it. I may require a bit of money for the service, but I will not ask much. However, I would still like you to do something about the slave trade." he said with his head bowed.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 06:05 PM
    "I will do what I can about the slaves, even if it means useing the remaning good dragons to threaten the peopl that hold others as slaves. I can pay you in jewls and gold if you wish." Keria said alittle embarresed at her out burst.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd November 2004, 06:07 PM
    "That sounds just fine. Is that all you wished to discuss?" Dave asked with a bow.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 06:10 PM
    "No it is not, but for now go if you wish. Uncal Andrew will probly talk to you later" Keria said with a sigh. 'So much for that idea, knew it was a stupid one' she thought with a forwn.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd November 2004, 06:10 PM
    Tess was embarrassed at her own manners but being so hungry... She had known hunger so often...she had forgotten everything but eating quickly before someone yanked the food away! She looked down and flushed red. Oh tarnish and dust!! She had done it again...She was not making a good start with these people at all.

When Dave finished, Tess looked up at him her eyes wide with astonishment. "You really would? Yes... I will call you Dave." Her accent made his name sound odd. She had a bit of difficulty with the 'v' sound and it came out sounding more like an 'f'. She shook her head no, knowing she had not pronounced it correctly and frowned.

When Keria asked Tess what was wrong, she looked up at her with pain and confusion. "I don't know, the bottom of my foot hurts... It suddenly felt like I stepped on a sharp stone! Ouch!!" Tess noticed the dragon hobbling and a strange thought crossed her mind. 'No...not possible...' she dismissed the thought quickly.

She followed Keria and the amulet...she thought it was familiar but couldn't remember where she had seen it before so she kept quiet. When Keria revealed her royalty, Tess was stunned. This was a STRANGE turn of events in an already incredible day...
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 06:11 PM
    Lanai had already eaten, and stayed as close to Nore as possible. It wasn't that she didn't trust the newcomers, it was just that she was shy when it came to meeting new people. She became even more confused when the man ran up to Keria. {Nore, what should I do? Should I meet them? Should I follow Keria? I'm so confused!}
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 06:13 PM
    {Stay with Daney and me} was Nore's rply to Lanai. ((Ellesar, why dont you go ahead and take Nore's char as yours?))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd November 2004, 06:15 PM
    "Well of course I would. I hate the very idea of slavery, and it nobody should have to be enslaved, especially not women." Dave said to Tess. "And its alright, you can call me Dafe if you want to." he laughed and patted her lightly on the shoulder, as she looked so fragile that he might break her. "It doesnt really matter, some of the men at the sanctuary have said my name in wierder ways." Actually, some of them weren ot so weird as they were obscene, but he did not feel like telling them that.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 06:18 PM
    ((ok. thanks))

Lanai left the safety of Nore, and walked toward the tent. She heard what Keria had said, and was shocked to find out that Keria was royalty. She entered the tent, and asked cautiously, "Keria...where is your family from?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 06:28 PM
    'OHHHHH noooo, did every one heard that?' she thought. "Its neighobiering a place called Tepria, why Lanai?" Keria said.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 07:04 PM
    Lanai blushed and stammered, "Well...um...I was...um...just wondering." Afterward, she turned and fled out of the tent and into the forest. She collapsed under a tree not too far from the camp and hid her face in her hands. I can't believe I did that! They always said that I talked too much. Why can't I just be quiet?

Nore had seen Lanai run from the tent, and tried to follow the girl. Nore maneuvered her way through the trees as well as a dragon could do and found the girl sitting under a tree. Lanai looked up and saw Nore. "Why can't I ever do anything right?" she whispered. "Everything always go wrong around me." It seemed to Lanai that Nore was shaking her head. {No, no, no. Don't say that!} Lanai looked up at Nore and said, "Why not? It's true." {Come, come. Let's go back to the camp.}
    "You go Nore. I...I just want to stay here. I'll be back later." Nore went back to the camp, but she was feeling confused. {Why is Lanai upset?}
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 07:06 PM
    "Lanai...!" Keria called out as her friend ran from the tent.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 07:10 PM
    {She's in the forest!} Nore called out to Keria.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 07:11 PM
    {I'm comeing Nore! Waite and show me were!} Keria called out throught thought to Nore.
    "Excuse me, please" she said to Dave and Tess and she ran out after Lanai.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 07:16 PM
    {Ok.} Nore waited at the edge of the forest for Keria to come.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 07:19 PM
    {Show me Nore} Keria said. She wondered why Lanai ran off like she did.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 07:22 PM
    {ok} Nore led the way into the forest, maneuvering around the trees again, until she came upon Lanai still sitting under the tree. {There she is Keria}
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 07:24 PM
    "Lani, whats wrong. Why did you run off like that? Is something wrong with what I said?" Keria asked, hopeing she didnt ofend Lanai.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 23rd November 2004, 07:26 PM
    Dave was left alone in the tent and decided to go and see what Tess was up to. "She may be a bit shy, but atleast she isnt nuts." he thought to himself.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 07:31 PM
    "Come, they must think we're a bunch of crazy bats" Keria said jokeingly.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 07:32 PM
    Lanai looked up, and then covered her face again as she blushed. "I need to learn to stop talking." she said quietly. "They always said I talked too much. Why can't I just be quiet. I never do anything right. Everything always goes wrong around me."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 07:35 PM
    "Thats not true! Now, you have Nore and me, and the others."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 07:39 PM
    "But it is true! Whenever I'm around, something goes wrong. That's why they kicked me out." Lanai said quietly.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 07:42 PM
    "Well your not going to be kicke out any were this time" Keria said putting her arm around Lanai's shoulders.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 07:48 PM
    "You mean, you still like me?" Lanai asked cautiously. She had had too much experience in the orphanage with the other kids. She was always blamed for everything, and then they kicked her out after someone blamed her for breaking a valuable object and also for hitting someone else. After that, the orphanage director kicked her out to the streets. That had been two weeks ago. "It's still true though. Whenever I'm around, something goes wrong. Like today..."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 08:26 PM
    "Whats gon wrong today? I cant name one thing" Keria said.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 08:42 PM
    "When that man came up earlier. Saying that people were killed..." Lanai looked down again.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 08:47 PM
    "A raide I have to deal with, not you. I now know that someone is going to try and attack us tomarrow, and you'll be there to help us. And then we'll go and try and find some more people to help us. When thi is all over you will come and be a lady of the court. You'll stay with me and my family." Keria said trying to cheer Lanai up.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 08:55 PM
    "Really? You would really want me to stay with you? It feels good to be wanted. I've never really got to experience a family before. Before now." She smiled at Keria, and stood up. "I feel better now, and kind of hungry again."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 08:57 PM
    "Then lets go get something to eat. How would you like to be sisters? I can do that ya know" Keria said smileing as they walked back to camp.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 09:03 PM
    ((How old is Keria?))

"Really? That would be fun. I don't remember if I had any brothers or sisters before..." She began to walk back to the camp, and then called in her mind, {Come on Nore. Let's go home.} Nore bounced along happily behind them.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 09:07 PM
    ((shes about 15 fixing to be 16 in like 2 rp days))

"I can see Nore's taken a liken to you. Thats good, you know Meka and I are like that to. Well uesd to be befroe---before my mother died. Now she's been like a mother to me. Thats kinda funny isn't it" Keria said with a little laugh.
    Posted by Shocka (Member #82887) on 23rd November 2004, 09:50 PM
    Kamahl watched the happeneings from afar. He had been chosen to test this group of unorganized slums. He'd underestimated people many times before, and this particular group didn't give him much to doubt his thinking.

No matter, tomorrow... tomorrow. He thought to himself.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 10:09 PM
    ((Lanai's 10))

Lanai shrugged. "I don't know. I don't remember. I was in the orphanage for the last four years." Lanai glanced back at the dragon that was bouncing along happily after them. "Nore was my first friend."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 10:11 PM
    ((i know now but Keria dosent ))
    "Then I'll be your seconed, and you sis to. How old are you little sis? I'll be 16 in two days" Keria said still smiling as they entered the camp.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 10:29 PM
    "I just turned 10 a couple of weeks ago." Lanai looked down, and a sad look came over her face. "Right after they kicked me out." Suddenly, Lanai heard, {No, no, no! No feeling sad Lanai! No feeling sad!} Lanai turned around, and said, "Why shouldn't I feel sad? I didn't get to celebrate my birthday with anybody, and that makes me sad." Lanai thought she saw Nore smiling, and Lanai couldn't help but to smile. She turned around again and continued to walk. "Still, it makes me sad that I didn't get to spend my birthday with anybody. Even when I was still living at the orphanage...I spent my birthdays alone..." She was beginning to feel sad again, but then she heard Nore say again {No feeling sad!}
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 10:31 PM
    "Well how about haveing a doubel party, the day after tomarrow? Would that be fun?" Keria asked.

((i'm gonna start the civil war rp. i posted a few suggestions postd so you might want to check it out))
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 23rd November 2004, 10:50 PM
    "That would be fun." Lanai said with a smile.

((where's the civil war located, and what's it called, and have you made up your char yet?))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 23rd November 2004, 10:51 PM
    ((char is comeing and the rp is in this fourm))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 24th November 2004, 08:50 AM
    "T...there is something strange about that amulet Miss. I can't remember though..." Tess brushed softly at her jawline with one finger pondering where she had seen the familiar shape and writing. It seemed to stay just on the edge of her recollection and frustrated her.

When Lanai came in and ran out, Tess' heart went out to the frightened young girl. She was the same age as Tess had been when the attack on her village had resulted in her enslavement. Tess left the tent but the dragons had made it impossible for her to see which way the child had gone.

"Poor little sister...her heart is broken..." Tess said softly. Tess saw a cozy place to sit and went to curl up. She was getting a bit cold again but with her belly full for the first time in ages, she was feeling very sleepy.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 24th November 2004, 10:51 AM
    "Hey Tess." Dave sighed as he walked over to where she was milling around. "Let me guess, you heard the conversation in the tent too, eh?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 24th November 2004, 12:13 PM
    Tess looked at Dave and nodded. "Yes, some of it. So tell me ...Dave, where do you come from? I would like to hear of this place where there is freedom for all people. Where did you get your wonderful gift?" Tess blushed and looked down. "Forgive me if I am too inquisitive. I have no right to answers. I do not blame you if you do not wish to share." Tess was embarrassed she had let her thougts come out into words with such boldness. She wrapped her arms around her knees and hugged herself trying to conserve body heat.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 24th November 2004, 12:41 PM
    "No, its perfectly alright. I dont mind at all, and you shouldnt be afraid to ask." Dave said as he sat down. "Well, I was born in a village outside of this kingdom. Actually, pretty much all places forbid slavery, I have never seen a city like yours, and I never hope to. I discovered that I had this gift when I lost control and set a man on fire." he looked at the ground silently and then resumed speaking in a lowered tone. "That is often how we rage warriors find our powers. All too often, someone gets hurt or killed in order for us to discover it. But, the order has scouts everywhere that search for people like me at a young age, then they take us to sanctuaries where we learn to harness and control our powers, and use them for less destructive things." As he said this, he aimed his hand at the sky and shot out a burst of red light that exploded firecracker style in the air. The best part is, I've never had to make a fire since I learned how to use my powers right." he said followed by a short burst of laughter. "But ya, thats my story. Whats yours? That is, if you want to tell it."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 24th November 2004, 02:06 PM
    Lanai and Keria walked in to camp as it was growing dark. They had been out talking for awhile. {Time for you guys to go and find something to eat! You know the rules so I wont repet them} Keria called to the dragons.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 24th November 2004, 05:15 PM
    Tess listened with interest to Dave's story. But when he asked her about hers, she looked down and studied the ground.
    "My people... we are from far away over the southern waters. The island of Yumani. A very large ship came and anchored offshore. It stayed several days and the ship men went to the northern part of the island. They did not come to us. Then in the middle of the night, they attacked our village. We were taken to the ship people. The ship people put me and my people down in darkness, we went many days over the water, then we came to Tebria. There are many large co-ops there that operate farming tracts and they took most of my people. They disappeared behind the large walls and I never saw them again. I was too young to be of much use at ten years old so they sold me to the Old Woman. I cooked and cleaned and did the things she was getting too frail to do. I was really quite lucky because the fields... they are terrible places from what I hear." Tess sighed. "I was rarely allowed to go out of the house though except into the private garden. I used to sit at the attic window when I could sneak away and watch the fields and forests beyond the city and dream of getting lost in them." Tess smiled, "Now I AM!"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 24th November 2004, 05:18 PM
    As the dragons took off, Keria walked over to Dave and Tess. "Would you like to stay with us? We have enough tents if eather of you want to stay" she offered.

((little do they know their being watched from the woods(Shocka's char)))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 25th November 2004, 03:09 PM
    Tess stood and went to Keria. "I would appreciate a place to stay, but I wish to know what I can do in return." Tess tilted her head at the younger woman, hoping she had not spoken amiss.

Suddenly Tess' eyes narrowed and she looked around the clearing. She sensed something was not right but she could not tell what it was. She put her finger to her lips and set her eyes searching the shadows beyond.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 25th November 2004, 08:28 PM
    "That is unforgivable!" Dave said in disgust. "Do you know what happened to your friends and family? I can help you free them if you wish, and if they are still alive."

"Sure, I would love to hang around for a while, thank you Kira"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 25th November 2004, 09:04 PM
    "I will help also. Is there any thing I can do for now" Keria asked Tess.

((heres a better pic of Keria http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/m...esign.jpg.html ))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 26th November 2004, 08:25 AM
    Tess stopped a moment and studied Keria and Dave carefully. Satisfied they were speaking from their hearts, Tess smiled sadly. "Much of my family was killed during the fight against the attackers. All except my brother Tenuweh. He was injured but not killed in the battle. I saw him on the ship, but they would not let me go to him, I was held in a different area. I hope that Tenuweh is alive...somewhere... but I do not know for sure. Thank you for your kindness."
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 26th November 2004, 10:49 PM
    "This is not an act that deserves thanks." Dave said grimly. "I am simply attempting to compensate for the attrocities humanity has commited agaisnt you. I require no thanks, however, I do appreciate it. I will make sure to save your brother, and if he is dead, I shall avenge him you have my word."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 27th November 2004, 02:48 PM
    "Kindness always deserves gratitude Dave...there is far to little of it in the world." Tess replied quietly and turned away to keep the tears from being seen. This was all so strange, so wonderful that it was taking her battered heart by surprise and Tess fought with tears.

"How may we assist you my Lady Keria?"
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 27th November 2004, 07:54 PM
    "Thank you Tess, we welcome all the help we can get. Theres nothing we can do till morning. Then we'll deside what you can do. How dose that sound? And please just Keria, not lady. I realy dont like my title and ranke so please dont remind me unless needed" she said with a smile to Tess.
    Then to Dave she said "And if you want to stay and help we'll find some thing for you to do."
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 27th November 2004, 08:18 PM
    "Great, giive me something to do. I've been dang near useless for a while now, just rambling around not doing anything. It'll be good to be working and fighting again." Dave said as he stood up and stretched out.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 27th November 2004, 08:23 PM
    "I was thinking that you could help train some of the younger people in the camp. That is if you want to" Keria said to Dave.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 28th November 2004, 12:20 PM
    Tess smiled proudly at Dave. That sounded like a wonderful use of his talents, teaching others... but she wasn't of much use. Tess had no wonderful talents or skills. She had learned little except how to clean and she had truthfully not been very good at that! The Old woman had told her many times she was useless. Tess tended to believe that was entirely too true. Tess nodded and her light clothing whipped about her in a sudden gusty breeze. She shuddered, her tropical attire was entirely unsuitable for the more temperate clime of the forest.
    "Direct me my la....oh sorry...ummm Keria..." Tess still had an uneasy feeling...as if she could feel hostile eyes on them. She sidled up beside Dave and whispered,
    "Daff...oh I am sorry.." Tess looked down frustrated with herself and tried again. "D-ave, there is something...not right...keep ready..." Tess peered at the forest shadows beyond and tried to see into them.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 28th November 2004, 01:47 PM
    Lanai heard Tess tell Dave that there was something wrong, and she looked around herself, trying see what it was. It scared her to think that there was something wrong, so she tried to push it from her mind. She focused on what Keria had said to Dave, that he could train some of the younger people in the camp. Of course she means me. I'm probably the youngest one here...
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 28th November 2004, 04:54 PM
    "And Tess, are you good with little kids? There are sevrel men that brought their wives and little ones with them, and some of the ladies need a bit of help. But only if you want to............Is something wrong?" Keria said her hand sliding to her belt were she had a steel fan with a razored edge. Her other arm went around Lanai's sholders in a protective manner.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 28th November 2004, 04:59 PM
    Lanai looked around her again to see if any of the dragons had returned. She felt Keria's protective arm around her thin shoulders and Lanai was glad that she had found someone who would take care of her. "Where's Nore?" Lanai asked herself quietly.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 28th November 2004, 05:06 PM
    "She and the othe have gone to get something to eat. Which is something I'm fixing to do, and you should as well. Now, now dont worry they'll be back soon. You'll see Nore before you go to seep tonight or tomarrow morning when you wake up." Keria said smiling down at Lanai.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 28th November 2004, 05:17 PM
    Lanai sighed and smiled back at the older girl. "Ok. I suppose that I'll have to wait."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 28th November 2004, 05:31 PM
    "Now lets go get you and me something to eat." Keria saidto Lanai. "Do ya'll want any thing? Oh later I need to talk to you both" she added for Tess and Dave, looking over Lanai's head at them. She hoped to talk to them after Lanai was asleep, Keria didnt want the girl to worry any more then she had to.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 28th November 2004, 05:39 PM
    Lanai wondered what Keria wanted to talk to Tess and Dave about, but she didn't ask. Once Keria had mentioned going to get something to eat, Lanai's stomach rumbled, and she looked around to see if anyone had heard. She took a few steps in the direction of the fire, and then looked back at Keria expectantly.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 28th November 2004, 05:46 PM
    Keria's smile got bigger as she and Lanai went to get something to eat. "Come lets find Uncle Andrew, and the others. He'll want to know he has a nother neice" she said.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 28th November 2004, 05:48 PM
    Indeed Tess had no experience with children. She kept looking back at the gathering shadows in the forest and feeling uneasy. Tess looked at Lanai, realized she was uneasy among people she did not know and feeling instant empathy for her Tess smiled what she hoped was a reasurring smile.
    "D-ave can handle whatever is out there. When will your dragons return my...er... Keria?" Tess walked with them toward the food tent. Braving the chill by keeping her arms folded.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 28th November 2004, 05:50 PM
    "Ok." Lanai said as she skipped along with Keria toward the others.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 28th November 2004, 05:53 PM
    "Thell be back after they've eaten" Keria said answering Tess's question.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 28th November 2004, 06:07 PM
    Lanai smiled back at Tess. She was beginning to warm up to Tess and Dave, and wasn't so shy being around them anymore. She skipped ahead of Keria and Tess toward where the food was.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 28th November 2004, 06:35 PM
    "Ah..." Tess nodded and helped Lanai get a plate and whispered to her which of the foods were most tasty with a conspiritorial wink. She carried things for Lanai and Keria they didn't have enough hands to manage.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 28th November 2004, 06:41 PM
    Lanai found a place to sit and plopped down with her food. "Thank you Tess." Lanai said with a smile. She began to eat hungrily, forgetting all of her table manners.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 28th November 2004, 08:49 PM
    Dave sat down and ate with the group, trying very hard to keep proper table manners for being around a queen. "Man, this stuff is good! Its almost as good as brother Dante's bear chili..." he thought to himself as he ate. "So," he said after wiping his mouth. "What exactly are you guys gonna need me to do? I'm not the best bodyguard in the world, but I have had plenty of experience as a mercenary and a specialist assault warrior. I just, uh.... Well, I'm not aloud in some mercenary groups, on account of I deserted once or twice. It wasnt cowardice, and it wasnt in battle, I just didnt feel like fighting anymore. I mean, now this is a good cause, and I shouldnt have any trouble sticking with it, but I just figured I'd let you know."
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 29th November 2004, 11:10 PM
    "We need a genral. As you head as you probly heard earlyer, our scouts were attacked this morning. Are top genreal was killed in that mess." Keria said between bites.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 29th November 2004, 11:14 PM
    "What are you saying exactly? You need me to look for one? Or...." Dave said, looking rather strangely at Kiera.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 29th November 2004, 11:16 PM
    Lanai finally slowed down with her eating, and began to use table manners somewhat. She wondered when Nore and the other dragons would be returning, and hoped that they would return that night, before she went to bed. Bed...where was she going to sleep? Lanai looked around the camp, and wondered if there were any open tents for later. She wasn't sleepy yet and continued to eat.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 29th November 2004, 11:20 PM
    "If you know some one or would excpte." was her rply.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 29th November 2004, 11:29 PM
    ((what was expcpte?))

"Alas, no." Dave said, shaking his head. "A few mercenary captains, but they hate me and are not that good at tactical planning anyway."
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 29th November 2004, 11:38 PM
    ((I think that it's supposed to be accept, or except))

Lanai finished eating, and sat back, her belly full for the first time in a while. She cleaned up her dirty dishes, and then went and sat against a tree to wait for the dragon's return. She was happy that she was able to hear what Nore was saying to her. It made her feel special to know that she had the ability to be a dragon-sayer. She laid down on the ground, next to the tree, and slowly her eyelids began to droop. Before she realized it, she fell fast asleep under the tree.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 30th November 2004, 08:03 AM
    Tess nudged Dave and nodded toward the sleeping child. "We have a soldier that has succumbed to sleep after getting her tummy filled. Keria, where may we sleep? I will sleep beside Lanai so she will not be alone when she awakens." Tess shivered slightly. "My lady might I borrow a blanket for each of us?"
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 30th November 2004, 08:23 AM
    Dave laughed at Tess' description of Lanai falling asleep. "I'll just sleep under a tree and keep watch. I do it all the time, so dont worry about me, Kiera. Thanks for the food though, that was some good stuff, and its obvious that Lanai agrees." he chuckled as he stood up. ((LK, if you actually want him to be a general, he will accept if noone else can be found. Otherwise, nvm.))
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 30th November 2004, 06:43 PM
    ((just a note about Keria: shes a klutz with words, she she says something befor se thinks about it so the other can understan her. sorry about my spelling and yes if dave would accept that would be great))

"I gess we can all sleep out here. I'll get some blankets" Keria said standing up.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 30th November 2004, 07:46 PM
    "May I help?" Dave asked politely as he stood up to give Kiera a hand.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 30th November 2004, 07:49 PM
    "Thank you, some of the blankets are very thick and heavy" she said walking to the suply(sp?) tent. She took 4 of the lighter blankets and said "Theas will be good to cover up with and those(points to the heavy ones((like 4-6 inches thick)) will be nice to lay on instead of the ground."
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 30th November 2004, 07:56 PM
    Dave grabbed ALL of them and distributed them amongst the people who were lseeping outside.
    Posted by Lady Knight (Member #73868 ) on 30th November 2004, 07:59 PM
    Keria raised her eyebrows at Dave taking all the hevy blankets. She followed and handed the lighter blanket out.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 30th November 2004, 08:18 PM
    ((remember that Lanai is already asleep. She can't exactly receive a blanket...))
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 30th November 2004, 08:26 PM
    ((Fine,)) He put one ON her and made sure not to wake her up. He went around to hand out Tess' and grab one for himself before putting them up and looking for a spot to sleep.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 1st December 2004, 08:58 AM
    Tess nodded her thanks to Dave and accepted the blankets from both he and Keria. To Keria she bowed. "My thanks lady." She still felt awkward using Keria's name. She had been beaten so many times for not being 'proper' in her address according to Tebrian high society protocol.

Tess spread the thick blanket on the ground and then carefully leaned over Lanai. "Come on child, let's move you over." Tess whispered. She gently nudged Lanai's light form over onto the prepared blanket and then covered her with the lighter blanket.

She stretched her blankets next to Lanai and happily snuggled into the warmth the two provided. 'How strange this day has been...this morning I was a slave, utterly alone...by evening I am in a dragon sayers camp, free and with people I actually like,' Tess thought sleepily. Sighing happily, she feel asleep.
    Posted by Paladin Dave (Member #82835) on 1st December 2004, 11:09 AM
    Dave found a tree to sleep by and wrapped hiself up in both blankets, making what looked like a coccoon for himself. He fell asleep after about 10 minutes, which was normal for him. He was quite surprised that Kiera actually wanted him around as a general. Sure he could fight, and he was a better planner than most of the mercenary captains anyway, but he was no leader. He pondered it as he slowly fell asleep.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 1st December 2004, 11:13 AM
    Lanai woke up slightly when Tess moved her, but as soon as she was covered with the lighter blanket, she fell back into a deep sleep. She dreamed of the family she once had, but had forgotten. She went back to a time when she was happy, back when she was 6. She remembered her third birthday and how happy she was to be with her family...
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 2nd December 2004, 10:20 AM
    Tess saw a smile upon Lanai's relaxed face as she slept. Tess hoped the girl would find peace and happiness. She wished good things for all of these people.

Tess had fallen asleep and awoke in the night. She lay still listening intently. Only the sounds of night came to her ears. Finally she felt sleep claim her again.

The next morning Tess awoke early as was her custom. She was far too cold to move out of her snug blankets though. Today she must seek new clothing...
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast