Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Drina and Peter Chisholm

Drina smiled back at Richard's words when he said he had been very blessed. "I agree, a large family, even nowadays when it's not the norm, is a blessing. Peter and I don't have any yet, but if I have my way, we will have three or four. We're just waiting for him to solidify his practice in order for me to be able to start pouring red-haired little devils in the world", she joked. It was clear that, jealousy aside, Drina was a light-hearted woman with a good sense of humor.

Of course, her mood was definitely not the best right now as her husband seemed to be falling under Helena's spell. And she knew full well how easy it was for the good doctor to fall form someone else's charm, didn't she?

Still, it wouldn't do to mention that now, so Drina gritted her teeth and tried to ignore the fact that she wasn't happy at all.

Peter, oblivious for now to his wife's displeasure, nodded and leaned forward. "Here, let me...", he murmured, picking up the woman carefully. Lucky for him, Helena wasn't heavy. "Hold on", he requested, before making his way up the stairs carefully. "Would you allow me to check your ankle?", he carried on, his mind now in professional gear. "It may be just a sprain, but it can still be unpleasant if not looked after quickly".

Drina rolled her eyes and shook her head. Peter was either incredibly dense, or he was doing this to spite her.

Richard & Helena Vanderbilt

"I'm sure you'd be a fine mother, when the time is right."

Richard told Drina with a smile. Although he could understand waiting to have children until Peter had established his practice. Daphne, bless her soul, had taken care of all the child raising for their marriage. Richard had had very little to do with the upbringing of the children. But that was how things were done in his younger days. The mother was in charge of the family and the father made the money. He did know things were different now. Women were expected to work outside the home more and fathers played a larger role in their offspring's upbringing.

"Oh, thank you."

Helena told Peter with a smile, she looked up and saw the reaction Drina was having. Given how much she already hated the perky woman, she might as get a rise out of her. She nodded her head.

"Yes, please."

She said, far more polite and pleasant then she was to most people.

"I see why you're a doctor, you have such gentle hands."

'This would be fun,' she thought. Richard rolled his eyes at his wife, knowing the type of game she was playing.

Peter and Drina Chisholm

Drina smiled at Richard and then took a moment to check on the other man. She wondered what his story was. He didn't have a wife with him, and apparently had been simply traveling solo, which didn't make much sense to her in that middle-of-nowhere road. Her curiosity was too great for her own good, so, after thanking Richard for his kind words, she set her sights on the younger male available, trying her best to ignore her husband's behavior for now.

"What about you, sir?", she asked, her voice chirpy as usual, in part to annoy Helena, and in part because she really didn't want to let this situation ruin her mood. All they had to do was spend the night in this house and figure out their way to whatever their destination was in the morning. "Any wife or kids to speak of, or do you think we are all boring for wanting to get married?". Her intonation made it clear she was joking, since it wasn't her usual self to make mean-spirited jokes. At least not about anyone who wasn't a female her husband had his eyes (and hands) on.

Peter smiled at Helena's words, picking her up very gently and moving carefully up the stairs, watching his step. "Thank you, Madam", he replied to her words with a charming smile. "I believe it is my duty to help whenever and wherever I can. I took an oath, after all", he added, noticing his wife rolling her eyes, and hoping she would save her temper for later.

Richard watched Drina turn her attention Ryan. He was slightly curious about the man himself and his story. The younger man probably was starting to wish he had found another place to get out of the storm in. Especially with Helena to have as company. There were many times since his marriage he regretted marrying her. She had been charming and had made him feel young again. But now that she had ring on her finger, she aggravated him more then she excited him. He was starting to see the side to her his children had seen. He was in too deep now. He hadn't even made her signed a prenuptial agreement. That was stupid of him, in hindsight. But he would get the last laugh. There was little doubt Helena would out live him. That was fine, he had left his entire fortune and all his belongings to his children in his will. Helena would get nothing. She was going to hate that.

Helena was turning on her charm to the handsome doctor.

"You're welcome, Doctor."

She replied to him, giving him an adoring smile. Yes, he would be fun. Richard was boring to her now. He was old and his money could only entertain her so much. Plus, the real joy would be how she would make that annoying tart Drina feel. Tonight was going to get better, she was sure of it. She rubbed his bicep with her hand as she said.

"I see. I can tell you are a good man. True to your oath and so strong too."

Ryan McFarlene

This was getting interesting, Ryan thought, as he watched Helena and Peter. He could almost see why the old man fell for Helena. When she wanted to, she could turn on the charm. When she smiled, she was actually quite pretty. Not that Ryan thought she was attractive. He had seen her personality and knew what a bitch she was. Still...Watching her on the stairs with the good doctor made him wish he had some popcorn all the sudden.

He turned his attention to Drina and told her.

"Not boring. I actually wanted that myself until I realized my girlfriend preferred the company of another man over me."

Gina...It was all her fault he was here. Leaving her on his bike was how he ended up in the storm. Although, he supposed it was better to find out she was a cheater now. Before he got married to her. That was a lot less of a headache that way.

"Sorry...It's been a long day."

He told her. She had wanted to joke and he had effectively ruined that.

Peter and Drina Chisholm

Drina was seething with rage, but she knew well enough how to keep it in check until she could be alone with Peter. That is , if he wouldn't try to spend the night with the dark-haired bitch, she tought to herself. This was what her marriage had become, she thought bitterly for a second, before trying to cheer herself up again.

She paid attention to what Ryan had to say and showed him a sympathetic smile. "I'm so sorry." Her voice was quieter now, and she glanced very quickly towards her husband. "I know what it's like." The woman added, before shaking her head. "I think we're all just tired. I know I would love nothing more than getting some rest."

Peter noticed his wife's behavior again and wanted to tell her to shut up. She knew how to be discreet, so he knew she was talking too much just to spite him. She wasn't Mrs. Perfect either, why was she acting like this? If she decided to try and have something with that biker guy...

He snapped out of it when Helena said he was strong. "You're too kind." He replied, almost back to his own demeanor, as he finally made his way up the stairs and gently put Helena down on her feet. "Are you steady?" He asked, turning his attention fully to the woman again.

Ryan McFarlene

Ryan gave Drina a smile back.

"It's okay. It's better I found out what she was like now, before we got more serious."

Before he had married her and had to go through divorce proceedings. He looked over at Peter carrying Helena and had a feeling that wasn't the first time the doctor let a woman flirt with him. Stupid man, he thought. Drina was good looking and seemed to be pretty nice too. Peter must be some kind of an idiot to not see what he had.

"Some people don't realize what they have."

He replied back to her, feeling sympathetic for her for how Peter treated her.

"But you're right, it's been a long day. Hopefully the storm will break before morning."

And they could all go on with their lives.

"Be glad you found out how she was before you got married. Divorce is much more costly."

Richard told Ryan. He was speaking from his own experience how costly a divorce could be. It was better Ryan found out now that his woman was a cheater, it would saved him a lot of heartache and headache in the future.

Helena could see how angry she was making Drina and it made this game even more fun for her. She could see Richard's face and see he was annoyed. Playing with people's emotions was her favorite pastime.

"I can't help myself, especially when I'm around you."

Helena told Peter with a sweet smile.

"Possibly..."

She said as he set her down to her feet. She took a small step and grabbed his arm again.

"I may need you to help me walk to my room, if you don't mind. I'd ask Richard, but you're so much stronger and younger then him. I wouldn't want him to break something helping me."

Richard rolled his eyes at her. No, it wasn't that. He knew exactly what she was doing. He was way pass being jealous anymore. Which only annoyed Helena more. It was probably working on Drina, though, he thought.

Peter & Drina Chisholm

Drina nodded at Ryan's words and let out a soft sigh. "You do have a point," she replied, shooting a sideways glance towards her husband. A part of her wished she'd known this would be her life before getting married.

"Yes, I think we only value the good things in life when we lose them." She looked to the windows for a moment. "I surely hope so. It's just my luck that when I finally get a vacation, it rains cats and dogs. So much for Irish luck," she commented on the rain, trying to sound upbeat.

Peter decided to ignore his wife's behavior for now and focused back on Helena. At least she was novelty, and he was starting to get a little bored with the women he already had. Not that he would ever actually take her on as a mistress, but it was fun to flirt for a while. "I don't mind at all," he replied, shooting Richard a glance to try and figure out whether or not he was bothered. A part of the doctor suspected that, just like himself, Richard was already used to his wife's antics.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345