Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hello Jacen. Welcome back.

I don't remember if you've been around since I finally got around to following Southern Dave's suggestion and joined the group. That was... 12/13/2013, according to the site? How time flies!

About that cane, it can be embarrassing to have to use and "old folks' aid" when you aren't old, isn't it? I got my first hearing aid when I was 12, and first needed a cane for severe permanent vertigo when I was 21, myself. So you have my fullest sympathies there.

Right now I'm trying to get back to the board more myself; I've been entirely too distracted by aging parents, tho I'm very relieved to say that my Dad seems to be doing far better than we expected him to earlier this year.

Welcome back. Jacen. Congrats on the added addition to your family and your marriage. Like Jen, I remember you posting when you'd became a dad. Hearing your son is already 9 makes me feel older then Teddy already makes me.

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems but it sounds like you have a good family and support system. My dear wife is right, Teddy and I are very similar. Which is good and sometimes frustrating at times. But I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. After almost 7 years since we bought our house, I'm finally building my model train layout in our spare bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Elizabeth Baldwin View Post
    Hello Jacen. Welcome back.

I don't remember if you've been around since I finally got around to following Southern Dave's suggestion and joined the group. That was... 12/13/2013, according to the site? How time flies!

About that cane, it can be embarrassing to have to use and "old folks' aid" when you aren't old, isn't it? I got my first hearing aid when I was 12, and first needed a cane for severe permanent vertigo when I was 21, myself. So you have my fullest sympathies there.

Right now I'm trying to get back to the board more myself; I've been entirely too distracted by aging parents, tho I'm very relieved to say that my Dad seems to be doing far better than we expected him to earlier this year.
    I say embarrassing & it was when I was younger, but when you get older things change & it becomes more about What's important & needed.
    That's good too hear. Southern Dave... Daveosaurus? I've been around on this form since 05 according to my profile.
    Did you use another name before the Boards switched? I mean when I was last around SF & OP used there real names....
    Though it appears SF hasn't lost her love of using a female wrestler as her AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Welcome back. Jacen. Congrats on the added addition to your family and your marriage. Like Jen, I remember you posting when you'd became a dad. Hearing your son is already 9 makes me feel older then Teddy already makes me.

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems but it sounds like you have a good family and support system. My dear wife is right, Teddy and I are very similar. Which is good and sometimes frustrating at times. But I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. After almost 7 years since we bought our house, I'm finally building my model train layout in our spare bedroom.
    Congratulations OP, What scale?
    Aye, same with my son.
    Old is a relative term.... I remember your older then SF, not sure why but
    memory wants to say your younger then me & you still have time to be old later.
    Last edited by Jacen Bell; 06-13-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    Trying to catch M in posts

Supporters
    MystikChronicler
    Minity

I say embarrassing & it was when I was younger, but when you get older things change & it becomes more about What's important & needed.
    Yes, exactly. Tho there's still the odd and thankfully rare encounter with

That's good too hear. Southern Dave... Daveosaurus?
    Yes, Daveosaurus. SouthernDave was his LiveJournal handle. I'm afraid I do get his handles in various places mixed up. We've known each other thru the net for over 20 years, and link up on new platforms when we realize we're on the same one, so it's quite possible for me to get confused at this point.

I've been around on this form since 05 according to my profile.
    That's a long time, particularly by internet standards. I think I was heavily into LiveJournal, general blogging, and maybe Usenet back then. (I was in and out of Usenet in the 20-00's).

Did you use another name before the Boards switched? I mean when I was last around SF & OP used there real names....
    Nope; I was too busy on LiveJournal to fallow Dave's suggestion to check this place out when he made it. I only turned up 2013, and I used this name from the start. I'm usually either Anne Elizabeth Baldwin, AEB, or something in between.

I do remember Sojourn and OP using their real names for a while, before choosing these.

Aye, No worries. I use the names i'm used to(usually there account name.)
    Not live journal or blogger really myself. I was just wondering if you'd used a different name
    cause otherwise my memory says, I must have been away when you joined.
    Actually they've just gone back to basics... well almost.
    OP was OP before using his real name & SF was actually Sojourn's_Fan or was it Sojourn_Fan.
    Also, Miss or Ms?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacen Bell View Post
    Congratulations OP, What scale?
    Aye, same with my son.
    Old is a relative term.... I remember your older then SF, not sure why but
    memory wants to say your younger then me & you still have time to be old later.
    I'm doing N Scale. And if you say so. Kids make you feel old. It doesn't feel that long ago Teddy came home from the hospital and now he'll be in 7th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacen Bell View Post
    OP was OP before using his real name & SF was actually Sojourn's_Fan or was it Sojourn_Fan.
    You have a pretty good memory there. It was Sojourn_fan, but I decided to drop the "fan" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Elizabeth Baldwin View Post
    Lol, what can I say? I'll always be a wrestling fan. Have been since Hulkamania was running wild in the 80's. I would watch it with my dad and now I watch it with my son.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 06-17-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Ye, I know what you mean OP. Cool, My grandfather was partial to HO if memory
    serves. but he had a couple scales he used. made a ton of scenery &
    Buildings for them himself.

With certain things... I remember a lot of names from back in the day....
    A good percent of the SL's as well.
    Aye I know what you mean... though mine is in my blood.
    Paul was an Olympic style Wrestler, made it all the way to nationals
    at one point. I love wresting... but mostly the older stuff...
    unless it's changed in more resent years it became more about
    the Promo's & SL's then the Wrestling....

We got Teddy some HO stuff. Just a basic track and some cars. But he seems to like it. He also likes helping Corey work on his layout.

That's really cool about Paul. I think Olympic wrestling takes more talent. I really liked Kurt Angle, because he did that style. Although I agree, now it's more promos for the next Pay Per View, although there are some good matches. Randy Orton and AJ Styles never disappoint me. And the new Women's Division with Charlotte Flair (Ric Flair's daughter), Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, and Alexa Bliss (my avatar) always have great matches to watch. Sometimes I enjoy their matches more then the men's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast