Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple-ooc

Re: Dayton 411

Re: Dayton 411

must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved must not get involved

Quote Originally Posted by Mattson
    Here should give you a start for the factual overview.
    Oooh, maps... (darned slow dial-up though)

*thinks* actually this is probably a bit beyond my abilities (apart from anything else my knowledge of America is fairly much non-existent) but I'll definitely keep reading to see what youse come up with.

Edited to add: Seeing as someone has been twisting my arm on AIM (glares in a north-north-westerly direction) if you think you'll have room for an experimental prototype cyborg who will only make occasional appearances because of an insanely busy writer with no imagination I'll have a go...
    ...to the topTop

Ah. Thats more fluff info then anything. I tend to play fast and loose and rely on the crafter of the setting to tell me locations. You would probably enjoy it, Dave, and I could see you with some poor tourist who ends up drafted.
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.
    ...to the topTop

hmmm... looks like I was editing while you were typing... I was wanting to avoid the obvious characters e.g. Antipodean tourist (I've already done that one) and it looks like the werewolves will be the monsters in this one so my warped mind threw up the idea of a cyborg. Sort of six million dollar man style rather than Teen Titans cyborg though. (When I think about it I think I unconsciously got the idea from a silly role-playing book I was reading while on holiday which had something along the lines of a "$10,000 man now that bionics have gone mass production" or something like that...)
    ...to the topTop

Sounds interesting. I think we can go with something there. Will chat with my feindish cohorts and get back to you.
    ...to the topTop

*lives on the south east* Or did you mean relative to you...

Oh! Welcome to the boards, Squiddy one!
    Feel free to feed the Kulit!

@kulit: Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | @drealkulit: Instagram | Flickr
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm definately liking the sound of this. Here's a rough idea of a character, feel free to give me additional feedback, should you have any.

My character would be a potential recruit. He's a man in his early or mid 20's, that has the potential of a divine, although he doesn't realize it yet. He just knows he has a lot of faith and things seem to happen. He knows there are strange things going on in the world, but, at the beginning of the SL, doesn't know exactly what that is. He is the curious sort, and will seek out the answers, if the question becomes big enough. I have some basic background in mind, but here is an overview. He's smart, graduated early (BS in Computer Science at 19), but still active physically (some martial arts training, not black-belt material). Spent 4 years in military (as an officer, due to education, probably Air Force), didn't stay in once his 4 years were up, or perhaps he's in his last year, and was stationed in Dayton. Whatever works better for the SL.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Hunkering down in an abandoned Salt mine on the Kansas/Missouri border
    Well actually Dave, we don't have any werewolf or other really theranthrapodtic characters so far. I know surprising for a game I'm not in, but it's true. I wanted to do something a little different than my first knee-jerk reation.

So in the current SIMPLE game, I'm Ilyhandra, fae goddess of battle, team's battering ram, and mischevous little puppy!

Good to see you around Jax.
    *****Aliexster Josef Vlaingrouski*****
    Lieutenant in the Slovansic Allied Empires' Military
    Scientific Corps: Aeronautical Division
    SIN: 578651134

"I rode a Tiger tank, and wore a general's rank,
    While the blitzkrieg reigned and the bodies stank."
    ~The Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil

Strive, Adapt, Survive, Overcome, Conquer
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Aliexster
    I wanted to do something a little different than my first knee-jerk reation.
    Me too...

Well actually Dave, we don't have any werewolf or other really theranthrapodtic characters so far. I know surprising for a game I'm not in, but it's true.
    Hmmm... *has an eeeevil idea* * *Oh, Kulykins...

So in the current SIMPLE game, I'm Ilyhandra, fae goddess of battle, team's battering ram, and mischevous little puppy!
    Hmmm, again... now, do the Fae (and/or magical beings) in this world have any problem with Cold Iron?

Of course reading about this game I now have a song taking up residence somewhere in my brain. It should not surprise people reading this that the song is called "Simple" (by the Able Tasmans in case anyone cares). I could begin to get really annoyed by earworms...
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Mattson
    Ok. Here is the basic rundown on setting.

The world- Vampires, werewolves, witches, zombies. All this is real. They prey upon humanity for food or enjoyment, striking from the shadows and retreating back at whim. Yet somehow the populace remain oblivious to their inhumans around them for the most part. For ages secret groups have hunted those in the shadows to protect the populace and study these mythological beings.

The groups- Weather secret circles of magic users or other brave adventurers, men and women have faught with the darkness and sometimes used the darkness to keep itself at bay. *England has long had the Hellsing Organization (see the anime and manga if you wish). The Catholic Church has their Secion XIII. Soveit Russia crafted the psudo-science group, KIRA. And America has SIMPLE (Society for the Investigation of Magical, Paranormal and Legendary Entities)

SIMPLE- Each region or major city has a branch at operates mostly independently of each other. They may exchange information and personel but a SIMPLE chapter in New York would be hard pressed to send a squad to Las Vegas. For the same of simplicity, this group will revolved around the city of Dayton, Ohio. Despite its size, Dayton is a good staging ground for several major cities inthe midwest. But Mattson, that other group is in Dayton. Well, thats not a problem. We will be doing a multiverse bit with this game. The other groups exploits don't matter here. Sure several of the NPCs remain but thats it.

Things that go bump in the night- Vampires, both real and artificial exist. Many are blood thirsty madmen but some can be used to stop worse things. Craft Users are magic users who specialize in a type of magic and go crazy the more they use it. Masters, on the other hand, are magic users who are more specialized but also more mentally stable. Magic users are people who learned spells while this doesn't mean they are nuts, many often are. Divines are individuals whose beleif in a religion grants them power. Psicics are mentalists with KIRA being the most powerful. And these are the normal paranormals. Others exist but are less defined-damphirs, werecreatures, fae or stranger could be out there.

What am I? You are a new recruit to SIMPLE or a potential recruit. You're probably not baseline human or if you are, you make James Bond look like a loser. Drop ideas on this thread and we can work from there.

Inspirational Sources- Hellsing (the anime and manga), Read or Die (anime and manga), Witch Hunter Robin (anime), Chrono Crusade (anime and manga), Hellboy (comic and movie), Men In Black (movies), League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (movie and comics), Howling Commandos (comic), Demonology 101 (web comic), classic novels like Dracula, Franenstein, etc. Pulp novels.
    I know of A Video game very Similer to this..........Sweeet
    Trying to catch M in posts

Supporters
    MystikChronicler
    Minity
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Daveosaurus
    Hmmm... *has an eeeevil idea* * *Oh, Kulykins...
    You rang? *
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast