Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple-ooc

Yes. Cold iron is dangerous to the fae.

The ideas I've seen thus far are looking nice.
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.
    ...to the topTop

Would I be able to play A character from the Video Game I was thinking of?
    Trying to catch M in posts

Supporters
    MystikChronicler
    Minity
    ...to the topTop

No idea what you speak of, Jacen.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's my character's bio. I thought of a new company, Enigma Software. They are a small software company. Exactly what they do, or what software they write is up for ideas. I was thinking they could focus on the strange going ons in Dayton, and write games around it, to fictionalize it. Although that can be changed. Of course, it doesn't have to be developed any further, depending on the SL.
    [hr]
    [img=left]http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/6097/tek060106d9cb392sb.png[/img]Luke Black
    IT for Enigma Software

Skills:

Divine (although he is currently unaware of this)
    Computer Skills (Hardware, Networking, Software, Programming)
    Martial Arts (Skilled, but not black belt)
    Firearms (Expert)

Personality:

Luke tends to be a very positive person. Even through difficult times, he stays strong. He stands on his faith, which he says has never let him down in the past. As a result of his strong faith, things just seem to happen. He loves working with computers. He will build his own computers, and even write some of his own programs. Despite this, he is still very active in his daily life, and never misses an opportunity to keep in shape. He is also very particular about the food he eats, avoiding any "junk food" prefering only a healthy diet, which he usually prepares himself. Luke is curious by nature, always seeking to learn something new. He is a quick study, with almost photographic memory.

Background:

Luke's birth certificate reads Matthew Lucas Greenstone, Jr. His parents were listed as Matthew Lucas Greensone, Sr. and Elizabeth Mary Greenstone. Unfortunately, Luke has no memory of his birth parents. In fact, he has no memories of anything earlier than his 8th birthday. In fact, his earliest memory was at the home of Will and Sara Black. He was celebrating his 8th birthday with some friends from the neighborhood, when the Black's told him that his gift was that he would finally have a family again.

All Luke knows from his past is what the Black's had told him. Apparently, his parents had given him up for adoption when he was still in diapers and then they disappeared. He had gone from one foster home to another until finding his way into their home. He didn't even know when he started going by Luke. The Black's said he insisted on Luke from the day he walked into their home. In fact, all legal documents from the time of the adoption show his legal name to now be Luke Black. Despite the missing eight years of his life, Luke doesn't worry about it. All he knows is that from the time of his earliest memory, he has been happy. Things always seemed to go his way.

Luke is highly intelligent. He graduated from High School, with honors, at age 16, when the average student was two years older than him. College was much the same for Luke, he excelled in all his studies, graduating in 3 years, as opposed to the standard 4, with a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Computer Science. After graduation, he decided to put his computer skills to use in the United States Air Force. He probably would have made the Air Force his career, but when he learned that his adoptive father had a stroke, he knew his plans would change. After his four years of service was completed, he left the Air Force, honorably discharged. He returned to his adoptive parents home in Dayton, OH.

Soon after returning, Luke secured a job as IT person for an upstart software company, Enigma Software. The job was near his home, so he was able to live with his parents and help take care of them when necessary. Four months later, Will Black had a second massive stroke, one that claimed his life. It was a difficult loss, but one he dealt with with courage and faith. Even a year later, the pain is still there, but you would never know from how he acts.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Matts: Based on your messages here, am I correct in assuming that this SL will be more geared with you as overall GM of the setting, as opposed to the more free-form cooperative RP style?
    ...to the topTop

To a degree. Input, feedback and ideas are always welcome naturally. Most of event plots will be handled by me with assistence from others. I guess this does make it a bit more experimental in having an ST overall. Given there are still parts of the setting that aren't fully defined or will be surprises, it makes sense.

However, Jax knows much of the setting and can be tormented for info and will probably assist me in some plots. Personal plots will of course be worked with those involved.
    Gun Saint and Liason to the First of the Quadrant
    ...to the topTop

Powers Overview

Powers Overview

This is no means all inclusive but rather a general listing.

Divines- Aside from the below general powers, divines could have any power that works via their beleif system (one that beleives in Thor could call lightning for instence). As for general powers, many have two or more of the following- exorcism capabilities(driving out spirits), warding abilities(preventing some creatures from entering), incredible luck, and blessed weapons/gear(capable of doing more damage then normal to some supernaturals).

Artificial vampires- Created by a strange chip(FREAK), these are the weakest of their kind. Though they are stronger, far more durable, and dangerous then humans, they aren't the threat a true vampire is. FREAKs can create ghouls from the humans they kill and control them like all vampires can and some FREAKs do display more exotic powers.

Vampires- Compared to a FREAK, a true vampire is like comparing a FREAK to a human and they just get stronger with age. They start being horribly hard to kill if you don't know how to exploit their weaknesses. They can develop any power mentioned in myth and legend and beyond. A truely old and powerful vampire can survive having half its head blown off and transform into a monsterous form.

Craft Users- Think mutant powers ala Magneto. A generalization power with a lot of abilities but tied to it. However, the more they use those abilities the more likely they are to go insane and become a threat to humanity.

Masters- Masters can control one item or type of item for impressive effects. This makes them more limited the a Craft user but also more stable even if they get obsessive about their items. A paper master would most likely be a book nut but capable of turning paper into blades, sheilds, clothing or other items of use. Some even can create paper golems.

Magic users- Unlike Masters or Craft users, a magic user learns spells rather then having an inate ability. Anyone can supplement their abilities with magic and this can let them do nearly any effect given time, resources and skill.

Psychics- Telepathy, TK, precog, healing, teleportation and more can be done by a Psi. One KIRAn is capable of seeing 5 seconds ahead and trained to be nearly unhitable.

Regenerators- Often in the service of Section XIII, these are people altered to take damage on par with vampires and recover or regrow lost limbs like its nothing.

The powers of other creatures is still unclear and can be worked out as needed.
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Mattson
    No idea what you speak of, Jacen.
    I was asking If I could use a character from the video game that is similar to this Game.(the video game is part of a series,three games.Hunter:The Reckoning.)
    ...to the topTop

Jacen, first Hunter is not a video game. Its a World of Darkness RPG that was turned into a video game. And while it is rather good, it ditches much of what really makes Hunter interesting. Second, Hunters do not have nearly the organizational set up that SIMPLE has. Hunters only have their computer site while SIMPLE is a secret government organization. Hunters, unlike most mortals in their universe can see the monsters disguised as humans. In SIMPLE, this isn't the case. Hunters are randomly given their abilities and in the SIMPLE verse, would be a mix of Divine and Craft User, Their abilities are diverse but the stronger they get, the more insane they become.

I'd suggest using whichever Hunter from the video game as a spring board and expand from there.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixia
    To a degree. Input, feedback and ideas are always welcome naturally. Most of event plots will be handled by me with assistence from others. I guess this does make it a bit more experimental in having an ST overall. Given there are still parts of the setting that aren't fully defined or will be surprises, it makes sense.

However, Jax knows much of the setting and can be tormented for info and will probably assist me in some plots. Personal plots will of course be worked with those involved.
    I tried to write in "holes" into my character's background that can be exploited in the future. If it never comes up, that's fine too, but I didn't want a solid background where everything is defined in advance. I give prior approval to use the holes in any plots you might have, without needing to get information or approval from me, so long as it doesn't conflict with what was written as "known" history.

Also, regarding the software company, did you want me to define that a bit more? Maybe it can be used in the plot? You're welcome to expand upon that as well, if necessary. I left more of these holes expecting it to be more of a SL driven mainly by one overall ST, as opposed to the free-form style.
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast