Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I got a summary of the legend up. It emphasizes the training, and de-emphasizes the big battle, but then, I am playing the arms master, not anyone who went to fight the big battle.

I'm afraid bios will have to wait for another night. If I let myself start them now, I'll never get to bed on time, and I was entirely too sleepy this afternoon to get to be late.

I'm loving the story retellings!

For Snow White, I'm ignoring all the Disney stuff and just using a few older versions of the original tale. Much as I love Disney, I just wanted a different direction for my story.

One difference, though, is that Carrie is not based on anyone from the fairy tale. She's just a character I felt was needed to balance out the cast.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea

More backstory to come in the Prologue thread, but just setting the scene a little bit.

This is going to be so much fun. I'm definitely combining different versions of Sleeping Beauty for my tale. Although, I won't be using the three fairies since Stefan destroyed their forest, I really don't see any of the fairies wanting to help him or protect his kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
    Although, I won't be using the three fairies since Stefan destroyed their forest, I really don't see any of the fairies wanting to help him or protect his kid.
    Yeah, somehow I can't see them being too positive about his kid.

I'm also drawing a little bit on a real life historical figure for my Snow White (although stories about her are almost certainly exaggerated,) but I don't want to say who quite yet because it would give away some things that I would rather reveal through the story. I'll say later on, once it's less of a spoiler.

Yeah, not really.

And now I'm very, very interested in who Snow White will be similar too.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 08-26-2017 at 07:28 PM.

I added a Locations thread. It is not mandatory to post anything in this (obviously) and it's never going to be an exhaustive list of all possible locations, but it's there if you want to provide any visuals to help set the scene.

That locations thread is interesting, MK, but I don't think I'll be adding to it. I'm not as good with pictures as the rest. I want to say the story doesn't lend itself to pictures as much, either, but... they might be harder to find, but they'd be useful for others, because I don't think many here would know about traditional Hawaiian buildings, battlefields, and the like. Unfortunately, I'm still not as good with pictures as the rest of you. {Smile}

P.S. I'm suspicious that my approach won't be so much a fractured version of Kawelo, as one much developed beyond the traditional end. I do hope that's okay.
    Last edited by Anne Elizabeth Baldwin; 08-27-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Elizabeth Baldwin View Post
    P.S. I'm suspicious that my approach won't be so much a fractured version of Kawelo, as one much developed beyond the traditional end. I do hope that's okay.
    That's fine. The point was really to tell an old story with a different protagonist, and where that goes is up to the writer.

Jenny, is Diaval stuck as a bird, or is he able to turn back to human? Just asking out of curiosity.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast