Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Help with the Facebook outpost page

Help with the Facebook outpost page

Hello,

I remember someone offered to help me keep the Facebook page updated. Now would be a good time. I've been trying to describe each game that's going, and suddenly there are a bunch I'm not in, and don't have time to join, or, really, time to check each out well enough to say something about. Keeping up with Tsunami!, Underworld: Aftermath, Fractured Fairytales, and Summer Block Party is enough for me. If you could help me describe the rest of the game, great!

If that wasn't what you had in mind, and you wanted to do something else, great! Please do it. I don't want to limit anyone else's ideas.

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Once Tigs and I have worked out what's going on, I am sure one of us could post about Planet Tigers in the CG Reborn forum. It is going to be an adventure!

Thanks for keeping updates rolling on all those stories, Anne!
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.

Thanks, Quaxo. I just notice so many stories going that I don't know... and don't quite know how to find out about without stretching myself too thin.

Anne, I'll help you. However, if I post on the page on my personal account, it just shows me as a visitor post. To be able to post on the main page, I'll need admin access to it.

Jason Sanborn and Gary (is that Lairston?) have full administrative privileges on the Facebook page, up to and including assigning page roles to people. I'm just an editor; I can do most things with posts and comments, and I could do ads if I wanted to, but I can't assign page roles to people. I just sent a Facebook PM to Jason, Gary, and Sojourn about this. We'll see how that goes. If anyone else wants something similar, let me know, and I'll try for you, too.

While waiting for Facebook access, (or if someone doesn't want Facebook access because they aren't on Facebook or something) but would still like to help, I'll be happy to post anything you'd like me to post for you. That I can do. Make it so you can post yourself... not directly unless they change me from and "editor" to an "admin," and I'm not quite comfortable asking for that privilege.

P.S. would there be any advantage to asking thru this board's private messages as well?
    Last edited by Anne Elizabeth Baldwin; 09-02-2017 at 12:22 AM.

I just thought of something else. It looks like I can create a Facebook group attached to the Facebook outpost page. Any member of the group can post, which would let you reach folks who chose to join. Plus, I could copy the post over to the page. The group could also be used for socializing, and maybe even role-playing without having to leave Facebook. We'd have to see what uses people put it to. {Smile}

Gary is Lairston. I'm not sure how much they use Facebook, but private messaging through here is also an option.

And if it is easier, the group idea would be fine. Then you can just copy and paste whatever summaries that are posted.

How involved of summaries do you need? Just a basic one about what the story is or do you want one that tells you what is currently happening in the story?

I'd like to do both, and mostly do the current snapshots, myself. I'm mainly trying to let folks know what's going on in case someone spots something worth joining in on, so whatever you think would serve that purpose.

Also, I thought it would let me set up a group. It let me start the process, and make the choices. THEN it told me I didn't have permission to do that. So... we'll have to figure out something else. I guess PM me the information either here or on Q&Q, or post on Q&Q, Unless you'd like email? Let know if so, and I'll send you both my more public and more private emails.

CORRECTION!

The Facebook group I was trying to set up, "Quarrels and Quills Outpost 1," is now set up. I swear at the apparent end of the setup process, Facebook told me I didn't have permission to set up the group. So I assumed the group wasn't set up. But I came online just now, and it asked me if I wanted to join. So I did, and posted to the page about it, and even posted my surprised hello in the group, and sure enough, it looks to me like the group now has a post. So if Sojourn or anyone else wants to share updates about the games they play here, they can use that group. Or some other way. I'm trying to be flexible here.

Also, anyone who wantst to use it for any other purpose - socializing, role-playing, what have you - is welcome to do that, too.

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Great going, Anne! I just joined up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast