Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Charles Vanderbilt, III, Jordan Wilder, & Dara Thomas

Listening to Paula, made both Jordan and Dara feel unprepared. Ben was drinking away and Jack didn't seem very confident either. Both women wondered what the hell they had gotten themselves into.

"I took French in school, but I honestly don't remember a lot of it."

Jordan replied when Paula asked if any of them knew another language. Her school made her take a foreign language to graduate but she didn't retain much of it after school had ended. Dara said.

"I know some Spanish. My boyfriend has been teaching me."

Although she couldn't carry a full conversation in it. Miguel often switched between English and Spanish, so she was slowly picking up some of it. Both women rolled their eyes at Ben. Yeah, he wasn't going to very useful on whatever mission they were sent on. Before his guests could talk much more, Charles Vanderbilt entered the room.

"Welcome to my home and thank you for coming over to dinner. I am sure you all have many questions about why I invited you here."

"We do."

Jordan replied and Charles smiled.

"And we'll get to them once we...Wait, where is Mister Harrison?"

"Umm, no idea."

Dara admitted to him. Mister Harrison must have been the name of their missing guest. Charles frowned not liking that. He didn't like when people were late. Especially when there was business to discuss.

"No matter, we can begin to eat."

He said as he sat down at the head of the table. His servants brought plates of food out for everyone. Charles never discussed business on an empty stomach.

Paula Ribeiro Hernández & James "Jim" Harrison

Paula-James.jpg

Paula sighed softly when she heard the two women speak. This group she had found herself with would be trouble. All she hoped was that they wouldn't cause an international incident anywhere they would have to be. She was pretty sure they were bound to offend someone, and she would have to clean up the mess.

"French won't help you much, I'm afraid," she told Jordan, feeling more and more disheartened at this group.

She nodded when Dara said she knew some Spanish. "That'll be useful. If you can communicate into a basic conversation that'll be enough to tide you over." She didn't really expect much, but it was better than nothing.

Paula was about to say something when their host showed up. She nodded politely at the man and listened to what he had to say. When he mentioned a 'Mister Harrison', Paula raised an eyebrow. She remembered that name, but hopefully they weren't thinking about the same Harrison. The Harrison she knew of was a drunk curmudgeon, and she wouldn't want to go anywhere with him.

Jim let out a long sigh when the man opened the door. "Real nice of you," he replied, shaking his head and following the older man. He was already late, so he'd better keep his attitude to himself, the man thought.

Paula decided not to think about anything other than what was happening right now, which was a meal and getting to know their host and new employer for the time being. And to figure out what he wanted. When the food started being served, she thanked the servants politely as they stopped by her side.

She was about to thank their host when 'Mister Harrison' was led into the room.

"Ah, não!" She protested in Portuguese seeing the man. "Not you!"

James rolled his eyes when he saw Paula and heard what she had to say. "Eu também não quero trabalhar com você," (I don't want to work with you either), he replied to her in Portuguese before turning to their host. "I apologize for the delay, I had... unforeseen circumstances. I hope I haven't kept your distinguished guests waiting."

He smirked at Paula. "Would it be a terrible inconvenience for me to request the seat next to the lovely Miss Hernández? We happen to be old friends."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234