Sayen had returned to her feet quickly, but not quickly enough that she would have been able to catch her bounty before he'd made off. Thankfully her new compatriots were on the ball. Hassim was once again seated firmly in the dirt and Anakita was now tending to the raptor. The report of the man's abuse of his mount was most distressing. She couldn't imagine mistreating her mount. He was an intelligent creature - he rode with her as one - like minded and with the same goals. Almost as if he were tapped into the Dream as well, though Sayen knew that was well-nigh impossible. Well, probably impossible.

The sylvari strolled over to where Hassim lay in the dirt - Shrike standing over him with a sword to his neck. She stood quite close and looked from the man's terrified eyes, up the length of the sword to Shrike's intense face, then back down to the felon.

"You know, the bounty didn't say 'dead or alive'," Sayen started thoughtfully, "but I don't think they'd really mind either way."

Hassim's face grew even paler and he swallowed carefully, keenly aware of the trickle of blood running down his neck. He lifted his left hand slightly, fingers splayed. "H...hey now. Outlander, you are not aware of our customs..." The man let out a terrified squeal as Shrike's blade pressed in. "Of..of course. My apologies...oh wise and benevolent...raptor., you let me live, yes?" Hassim's voice shook with fear even as he gestured to Anakita. "If you want the animal take him, and blessings. He has given me nothing but trouble..." The man seemed to want to go on, but one more look at the pirate in front of him seemed to make him change his mind. "I am ready for you to take me in, Outlander. Just...get me out of here!"

The raptor settled as Anakita approached, but continued to flinch and keep its eyes on Hassim - until the man released him. Immediately, the huge reptile relaxed. His head swung around to regard Anakita once more and he shifted to bring his body closer to her. He seemed to want something from her, but what?