Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Because of the megaserver system GW2 uses, it isn't important which server you sign up for. My characters are on Crystal Desert, but that's really only a factor for one player verus player mode that is totally optional.

You're playing a Ranger in the RP, and that is a pretty good starting class if you're interested in that. The pet can tank for you, which makes it easier to survive at lower levels till your character can toughen up a bit.

GW2 also has a free mode so you can try before you buy.

Did you have any other specific questions?
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea

Thanks, MK I'll let you know if I think of any questions, but right now, I mostly don't even know which questions to ask. I only thought of the server because a friend mentioned it for World of Warcraft. Thanks for telling me the ranger is a good choice. Is human good, too? Race and class seem to be the things they talk about the most.

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    I think you'll find human easier to control than say, an asura. I find those little guys really weird on the controls - they jump super high and trip when they run. I like playing Norn because, well, I'm from the frozen northlands myself. Sylvari are also pretty natural for controls.

So far as story? I had a hard time with the human storyline as a female, so am playing through as a guy and I'm finding it better. I think it comes down to personal preference, though! If you want to play a human female ranger, then that is who you should play! If you feel drawn towards a specific character, you'll enjoy the game much more!
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.

It's definitely a matter of preference! Race in this game is purely cosmetic and for story purposes; none of them have an advantage over the others in stats, speed, power, etc.

Personally, I think the races that are probably more relatable to someone new to the setting are Human, Sylvari, and Norn. Asura and Charr have more of an alien mindset and would be harder to get into as a starting point for that reason.

Thanks. I'll think about it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for socializing. However, I do know I need to do something more, and that some of that "more" needs to be over the internet. Because so much of my "free time" is after the home nurse of the day has left for the day. Then I'm stuck at home without transportation, so I spend my time on my computer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12