Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Entering his teenage years. Good luck. You're gonna need it.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Wow where to start...
    My son will be ten in January. I'm now married
    for almost five years now roughly(I'm lousy at dates).
    I have a babygirl who is nearly 2 1/2. My personal health
    (back & knees) have been going down hill slowly. 4 years ish
    ago I started having to walk with a cane. 2 years
    ago I had all me teeth removed & last year I was diagnosed
    with Autism spectrum disorder (which they think I've had since birth
    but was never diagnosed). other then me son having adhd
    & me wife having add (babygirl is unknown if she has anything yet.)
    the family is doing good.

Welcome back Jas4Yasha.
    Trying to catch M in posts

Supporters
    MystikChronicler
    Minity

Wow, it looks like we've really grown since we first started having fun at the CG forums! For some reason I keep picturing all of you the same way I did when we first met. I keep thinking of Jacen of as a kid, heh. And btw, Jacen, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. Your family sounds beautiful, thankfully

Me, I've been in a roller coaster for a few years, now. I guess that's what life is all about, heh! In the health area, I had a lot of trouble a few years ago. I had stones in the gallbladder, but they were a bit hidden and were hard to find. So, I spent about a year on a celiac disease diet (lost about 22 pounds, I looked like a ghost). But when they finally found the gallbladder thing, I got surgery and basically came back to life. Then, last year I went sick to the stomach again, for about 3 months in a row-- And it turned out I was allergic to chicken-- to chicken of all stupid things, lol. So, no more KFC for me. I've been avoiding chicken ever since and I've been good.

As for other stuff, Gerald and I have been together since 2003, that makes for 14 years together! A couple of years ago we won a legal battle and now we're officially married. We're the first (and only) gay couple to be married in Costa Rica and in Central America. We hit lots of papers, lol. I even got to see some news in languages I couldn't read. But that's for the 15 minutes of fame. It was like winning American Idol. Things are back to normal, now and, thankfully, it's calmer in the sense that people stopped staring at us in the street.

And since I got laid off three years ago and I refused to work for anyone else, Gerald and I started working independently ever since. Always in graphic design, advertising, corporate image and communication. We were quite affraid of failing at first, but we've been doing very good. We won't get rich, but we work from home at our very own pace and I don't have to pretend my boss is smart nor funny (because there's no boss, you know).

And that's about it. Well, there are a few other things, but I'm not that candid, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoro View Post
    Wow, it looks like we've really grown since we first started having fun at the CG forums! For some reason I keep picturing all of you the same way I did when we first met. I keep thinking of Jacen of as a kid, heh. And btw, Jacen, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. Your family sounds beautiful, thankfully
    As you said, it is what it is. Much obliged. I can still function most days,
    some are a little more difficult then others. but it's not as bad as it sounds
    me family is worth a little stiffness.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoro View Post
    Me, I've been in a roller coaster for a few years, now. I guess that's what life is all about, heh! In the health area, I had a lot of trouble a few years ago. I had stones in the gallbladder, but they were a bit hidden and were hard to find. So, I spent about a year on a celiac disease diet (lost about 22 pounds, I looked like a ghost). But when they finally found the gallbladder thing, I got surgery and basically came back to life. Then, last year I went sick to the stomach again, for about 3 months in a row-- And it turned out I was allergic to chicken-- to chicken of all stupid things, lol. So, no more KFC for me. I've been avoiding chicken ever since and I've been good.
    Me brother White Tiger when through something slimier too
    that a few years back when he got really sick, went from over 300 pounds
    too skin & bones under 90 pounds only able too eat plain rice, plain macaroni
    & plain popcorn.... through we where going too loose him a number of times....
    years later he wen too the doctor for something else & they where like, Oh
    we think this is related to your existing issues... me bro's like, What are you
    talking about.... turns out the doctor before had had some tests done &
    the results came back & he never shared them with me mom or brother...
    turns out he's severely lactose intolerant & has bad IBS.... & now they think
    he may have crones as well.....
    M as far as allergies go, you can be allergic too just about anything....
    I can't eat beef myself... or eggs, nuts, dairy or spices. at least you
    where able too figure it out & are able to deal with it.

Congrats on the Marriage & being self employed/ your own boss.

Thanks, Jacen! Oh, and your brother had it rough! Stomach problems are never kind. I really hope he comes through. I kind of figured what I can eat withou having problems, but I don't eat much outside, that's problematic sometimes. And I guess getting rid of chicken so I can feel fine is a fair trade.

Aye,np M.
    He's good now. been on meds for some years & will most likely be on
    meds for the rest of his life. He's around 220 now, An he just got
    married at the end of July. I understand what you mean, me Wife
    & I go out for dates & I generally order chicken fingers & fries.
    it's also difficult for me as well, but I do my best to make me
    wife's family happy.... my secret is I found a couple places
    where I know I can eat a few things without issues &
    stick too them.... Her family is nice enough too stick
    too the places I can eat...
    Last edited by Jacen Bell; 11-26-2017 at 12:06 PM.

I feel you, Jace! I do the same, lots of places where I can't eat, and some real nice ones where I can eat it all

I'm glad your family supports you on this. I know how uncomfortable it can get when people around pushes you to eat something you know won't do you much good. Anyway. I guess we're no longer kids, ha! Thankfully our CG Gods don't age a day.

That does sound like a good w2ay to do it. I haven't been quite so methodical about it, but I know what a dare try, and what I don't, and where I can find stuff I can relatively safely eat.

Wow! Talk about reunions! It's good seeing everybody again

So for me? So I got married 5 years ago. I now have 4 children (19yrs, 11yrs, 2.5yrs and 11wks). I retired from the Air Force and went to school full time. I'll be done with my Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling in May of next year. So I'll be a working towards my hours to be a licensed therapist after that. Been chilling here in the lovely state of Colorado the past 9 yrs. Regardless of the hills and valleys that has happened since then, it's been a great time! I try to pop in to see what's going on here once in a while (in-between studies and seeing clients). I miss drawing (Haven't done that in a long time). And I miss seeing y'all
    The Crook from The Brook. The Sneaky Freaky Brutha.
    I am the thief in the night, here to quietly liberate your treasures while you sleep... or slip under your lady's bed sheets to fulfill the secret passions she never tells you about. By the time you wake up, I've left you penniless and your lady breathless.
    You're welcome.

Mill!!!! It's so good to see you! And you've gone a long way. That's fantastic!

We all should meet at Elysia sometime, lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast