Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The World of Sajara

The World of Sajara

((I want to slowly get back into RP, so this is going to be my entry point. It's open for anyone to join, and we can use the General OOC thread. Sajara is a world similar to our own, except that it is populated by various fantasy races and includes magic along with science. It has two moons: one light, called Dex, the other dark, called Sin. While it is a modern day fantasy setting, there are no necromancers or undead, the art of necromancy lost ages ago and forbidden by law. Dragons are unheard of here. Aside from that, anyone is welcome to join and add their characters ideas to the story.))

The Forest of Allyne, Eles Province

Eirene stood beside her car in the parking lot, looking expectantly to the nearby road. The corners of her lips turned down in a frustrated frown. "Where is he?" she muttered to herself, not for the first time. She looked down at her phone again. The time read 12:23, which meant it had been almost two hours since they spoke last. If he left right away, like he said, he should have been there 30 minutes ago. She thought about calling him again, but she knew she couldn't risk it. This was just too important.

The sound of an approaching engine caused her to look up toward the road again, only to watch a small sports car speed past the parking lot. "Gah!" she exclaimed loudly, even though no one could hear. "Where the hell are you, Garron?" she shouted. The only response was a few birds in nearby trees taking flight, away from the sound of her shout. She turned walked, almost stomping, in anger and frustration around her car.

Another engine could be heard, a deeper rumbling sound compared to the last. She looked up again to see a large silver pickup truck approaching and slowly turning into the parking lot. "It's about time!" she shouts, throwing up her hands in exacerbation. "What took you so long?"

The truck pulled into a parking spot next to her, the driver looking out at her. The hint of a smile could be seen through his grey beard. "Ya know, lass, for an elf, ya seriously lack patience."

"Patience be damned. This is too important. Did you bring it?"

Garron let out a deep chuckle and opened the door to climb out. The truck was high off the ground, and he had a small ladder heading from the door down to help him out. Seeing a dwarf next to such a large vehicle was an odd sight to see, but he wouldn't have it any other way. "Aye, lass, I brought it. Keep yer britches on."

"You didn't tell anyone else, did you? Didn't say you were meeting me here? And you weren't followed?" She asked quickly as she followed the dwarf around to the back of the truck.

"Relax, Eirene. I said nothing, not that anyone would care even if I did." He climbed up a couple steps on the back of the truck, lowering the tailgate. The tailgate was specially designed to slide down and form a ramp from the ground up to the bed of the truck.

"They say they don't care, but they know I'm right. They'd do anything to discredit me, even hide the truth, like they've done for all these centuries. This time, though. Oh, this time I'll prove that I'm not crazy, and that there is a conspiracy to hide the truth."

The dwarf chuckled as she walked into the bed of the truck. "Sure, lass. I'm sure you will." He walked over to dolly with a large heavy blanket covering a box of some kind, lashed to the dolly.

"You don't believe me either, do you, Garron?"

Garron gave a slight grunt as he pulled the dolly into a position so he could roll it. Whatever was hidden under the blanket obviously had some weight to it. "I'm here, aren't I, lass? Like always?"

"That isn't an answer, and you know it."

"Nay lass, ya know I don't. Science tells us how Sajara was created, not myth." He started walking backward, pulling the dolly off the truck.

"If you don't believe me, then why are you here? Why do you help me with my studies?"

Garron grunted as he reached the ground, the weight of the dolly with its covered box pushing against him. "Because I've known ya since we were wee ones, lass. Ya don't abandon a friend ye've known for over a century just because ya don't agree." He chucked and gave another grunt as he carefully lowered the dolly down and wiped the sweat from his brow. "Although, I'm gettin' too old for this."

"Old? Dwarves don't get old, they just get ornery. I'll help you wheel this through the woods, old man."

Garron chuckled again, pulling the dolly back down to wheel it. "Like I'd need an elf girl to help me. I'm old, not an invalid yet."
    Last edited by Jason Sanborn; 12-07-2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added the name of the province to align with future posts
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Uki

Uki was not in the best of moods. Her inner autumn had started and it put her on edge. She wouldn’t complain much if it was only the hair that would fall off, it was the whole thing. Eventually parts of her would dry and break to make room for her body renewal. She knew it was the nature of who she was it kept her fresh and alive for so long. If she was careful, she could live forever. Compared with simple humans, who lasted for such a short time, her problem was just ridiculous. She knew all this, she also embraced her heritage and respected it with all her soul and blah blah blah this and blah blah blah that-- It didn’t matter how much she understood her situation, it still put her in a mood.

It didn’t help that she was trying to park and this huge truck kept on blocking her way. She would have hit the klaxon, but it would throw her into a fight and men usually didn’t respect entoids much. And she simply wasn’t in the mood!

There wasn’t much room, but she still did her best to move her car around the truck. But sometimes being in a mood was also a call for bad luck--

One of the branches of her right hand fell off and it was so sudden that she didn’t have time to maneuver, causing her car to crash against the truck.

“Compost!,” she blasphemed. “Insurance won’t cover this!”

She looked through the window of her car and saw a female elf talking to the driver’s truck, a dwarf. This wasn’t going to end well--

3. The following user said "Yay!" to Meteoro's post:

Blog Entries
    The sound of the crash was loud, causing both of them to look back to see the source of the sound.

"I thought you said you weren't followed!" Eirene shrieked, looking panicked. "There here to silence me! To stop the truth! We can't let that happen!"

Garron, on the other hand, wasn't thinking much about being followed, he was more concerned with the fact that his truck, his parked truck, was hit. He started cursing in an ancient dwarven tongue that few spoke anymore. He straightened the dolly again and marched angrily toward the car that was now attached to his truck.

"Garron! Where are you going? We have to get out of here! We can't let them stop us!" Eirene was shrieking still. Garron, though, wasn't listening.

"Just what da ya think ye're doin?" Garron growled angrily as he approached the car. Eirene looked all around, still panicked, but knew she needed to stay with her friend. Quickly, she rushed to his side as he approached the car.

"An entoid?" Garron said in shock as soon as he saw the driver through the window.

Suddenly, Eirene's panic was gone, replaced quickly by curiosity. "An entoid?" She looked into the car and saw that the driver was missing part of her hand, skin was all dry and flaky, like the bark of a tree. "Wow. She is an entoid. My grandmother told me stories about them before, never actually seen one." She suddenly realized she was talking about the woman as if she wasn't there, and blushed slightly. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I don't mean to be rude."

Garron turned angry again. "Well, I'd say she was rude for crashing into me truck! Entoid or not, ye need to explain yerself, or do I use ya for tinder!"

Eirene gasped in shock. "Garron! That's uncalled for! Look at her, it had to have been an accident."

5. The following user said "Yay!" to Jason Sanborn's post:

Meteoro (11-22-2017)

Uki

Uki’s sap boiled inside at Garron and Eirene’s remarks. She had always been taught that calm was the entoid’s way; that nothing good would come out of sudden outburst; that humans made war so often because they didn’t have chlorophyll within and didn’t know how to think before they acted.

The weed with it!

“Manners is what you should have been taught!,” Uki yelled at them, “you just don’t go out there pointing out the species of other people. And the fact that you’ve never left this town, doesn’t make me an extraterrestrial. There are plenty of entoids around for you to talk about me that way! That’s so speciest of you!”

Uki wasn’t getting any calmer. She opened the door of her car and, as she was stepping outside, her right leg cracked and she fell on her face.

“This is getting ridiculous!”

Deeply embarrassed, she sat on the floor and checked her leg. It would heal, but it wouldn’t let her go back on her feet for a few days.

“And don’t you dare threatening me with Tinder, you pervert!,” she complained to Garron as more leaves fell off her body.

Blog Entries
    ((I love Uki, M! ))

Garron looked at the fallen entoid in disgust. "I'm not a pervert, ye pile of mulch!" He spat back in anger.

Eirene couldn't take it anymore. Garron's abusive attitude was only making matters worse. Before the entoid had a chance to respond to Garron's latest rude remark, she shouted. "ENOUGH!" As she shouted, she raised her arms slightly, palms up, and a strong breeze flew in from behind her, causing her blonde hair to fly out in front of her, her crystal blue eyes almost appearing to glow. The entoid would even feel the natural magic flowing from Eirene at that moment. Wood elves were at one with nature, they always have been, and it was clear from the magics surrounding Eirene that she was a wood elf. Her blonde hair, crystal blue eyes and pale skin, though, caused her to look more like the regal high elves than a wood elf. Yet this minor display of power showed her true nature as an albino wood elf.

"You both will close your mouths and cool your tempers, or I will cool them for you." It was an empty threat, and Garron knew that, but Uki would not. Some wood elves could use their magics to bring rain, but the most Eirene could do is the slight gust of the wind. Still, she hoped the threat alone would be enough to let cooler minds prevail.

"But..." Garron started, his grey beard and long grey hair blowing in the strong breeze created by Eirene.

"No buts," Eirene interjected. "Go wait by the ultrasound machine while I tend to her."

Garron glared at the entoid then grunted in frustration. He turned and stomped back toward the dolly, while Eirene moved over to the entoid and knelt beside her. "I'm not speciest, and if you'd allow me, I'd like to help you."
    Last edited by Jason Sanborn; 11-23-2017 at 08:18 PM.

((Thank you so much, Jas, I love what you’re doing here and you know I’vew always enjoyed RPing with you.))

Uki

A wood elf, Uki thought as she felt the immediate connection to her nature powers. Not that she would say a thing to her, not after making a stand about speciesism. She didn’t want to look like a hypocrite so soon after finally regaining some respect.

She didn’t say much as the elf dismissed the dwarf, but a little smile showed on her face as she felt like winning a little battle. She didn’t like that small hairy grunt very much, but it wasn’t as if she was throwing love all around. She wasn’t that kind of person and she wasn’t about to start now.

But on the other hand, with a broken hand and leg, there was not much room to maneuver. She knew it would have been best to stay home until her inner Autumn passed, but she had things to do-- Not she would accomplish much anyway. And then, there was the problem of the crashed car--

She dug into her purse.

“Let me call the insurance company,” she said to Eirene, “it will cover for the damages and all will be good. I’m covered for accidents resulting of broken body parts and such--”

Quote Originally Posted by Eirene
    "I'm not speciest, and if you'd allow me, I'd like to help you."
    Uki stared at Eirene and wondered what to do. She definitely didn’t like to rely on other people, but she had to admit these were particular circumstances.

“I’m so sorry for the trouble I’ve caused. I didn’t mean any of this to happen--” she sighed. “My name is Uki Midori,” and she extended her hand to shake Eirene’s.
    Last edited by Meteoro; 11-24-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Eirene smiles and shakes Uki's hand. "I'm Eirene Allyne. My grandmother was from these woods, but I've lived in the city since I was born." She turns her head to look at Garron. "My friend over there is Garron Hillstone. He's really not such a bad guy. He just has the typical dwarvish temper." She turns her head back to look at Uki. "We'll just let him stew over there until he cools off." She giggles, her elvish giggle sounding almost musical.

Eirene smiles again and looks into Uki's eyes. "Why don't you call your insurance company now while I tend to your injuries." She reached forward to touch Uki's leg, her hands glowing slightly as she connects with the nature magic in an attempt to renew Uki's damaged limbs. She couldn't do this with herself or Garron, but her connection to plants and nature would hopefully allow her to help the entoid.

Uki

As Eirene touched Uki’s leg’s, her first impulse was to pull it away, but since the elf didn’t mean ill, the entoid stood put. Ohhhh, and did it feel good! Eirene’s hand glowed a bit and the broken parts of her legs started to mend, leaving behind a soft smell of humidity and moss.

Uki looked at Eirene’s face and knew right away she was a wood elf. No wonder she felt the immediate connection, in spite of all the trouble.

Trying not to make too much of the comfortable situation, Uki called the insurance company. It didn’t take three minutes for the conversation to be over.

“They will be here soon enough,” Uki said. “And thank you so much for what you did.” She started to move her legs and they were a bit tender but felt just right. “I may not run a marathon today but I’ll be okay. I really wasn’t planning on staying put the next couple of weeks. I guess this makes me appreciate even more my movility” and she finally smiled.

Uki took a deep breath and all of a sudden she felt at ease-- something that became a bit awkward way too soon. What should they be talking about now?

“Sunny day, uh?” and she showed this typical smile of an entoid who’s not really that used to do any small talk.

Blog Entries
    "Yes, it's a beautiful day," Eriene responded with a smile, and stood to her feet. She held out her hand to help Uki stand up as well. As she did, her mind was elsewhere. They were miles from the city, so she knew that "soon" would be at least an hour, maybe two before the insurance adjuster arrived. Since it took Garron two hours to get here from the city, the insurance adjuster could even take three hours to get here. An hour more of paperwork and talk about what happened and coordination on repairs. One could only hope they'd bring the tow trucks at the same time, and not have to wait another hour or two for the tow trucks to arrive. The day would turn to night very quickly, and she couldn't do what she needed to do at night. Eirene suddenly appeared nervous and anxious, biting her lower lip with indecision.

"It's a day that's going to be gone before we get this all sorted out," Eirene said after a moment. "I can't afford to lose this day, because it will be another century before it comes again. I've already lost so much valuable time." She looked back at Garron who was leaning against the box on the dolly, looking over at the two with a look of irritation. She sighed and looked back at Uki.

"Where we have to go is about a fifteen minute hike from here. Shouldn't take more than thirty or fourty-five minutes, then another fifteen minute hike back. We should be back long before the insurance adjuster arrives," she paused again and looked at Garron, then back at Uki. She could tell that Uki was here by chance, she didn't appear to have been sent to silence her. Did she trust her enough, though, to bring her along? Did she ask her to wait here? No, it was better if she kept Uki close. That way, if she was a spy, she was always watched. "Why don't you come with us? It's better than waiting here doing nothing for two hours."

Uki

Quote Originally Posted by Eirene
    "Why don't you come with us? It's better than waiting here doing nothing for two hours."
    Uki sighed. “It’s not as if I had anything to do today--” She looked at the time on her cellphone. And then again, it’s not as if this accident wasn’t my fault--

“Let me make a few calls. I had two appointments this afternoon. I’m pretty sure my patients won’t be too happy about this, but what can I do--?”

Before Eirene could reply, she had already called these two persons. As Uki foretold, none of them seemed glad with the reschedule. Actually, one of them started crying over the phone. Uki said something reassuring and insisted on something about boundaries and becoming his own man.

“They whine so much-- Sometimes I would like to punch them in the face, but then I’d be out of work-- forever!” Uki’s attempt at a little levity didn’t come up exactly right. Comedy wasn’t her strength so she didn’t say anything else about this matter.

“So, I’m all yours now. Let’s spend a beautiful afternoon waiting for the insurance people to arrive.”

13. The following user laughed at Meteoro's post:

Jason Sanborn (11-26-2017)

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast