Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Sarah Mattson

Allyne Woods: Jas's Tomb

Sarah gave Zachariah an annoyed look when he said she wasn't his type.

"Trust me, none taken."

What the hell was wrong with this man? He was nuts! Talking in riddles and acting like he knew her. She was certain she had never met Zachariah before. She would have definitely remembered him. Like she would have remembered his partner. Owen. That was his name. Of the two cops, she preferred him. First off, he seemed far more sane then Zachariah. And he was handsome. She couldn't help but notice that. Although, like him, she also wanted to know what was going on. It felt like Kara, Zachariah, and that Sajara woman knew things no one else did.

She looked over at Kara, who released the other people. She couldn't hear the reason Sajara gave her to be released but whatever she said, got Kara to release them. Kara...What was going on? thought she knew her friend, but today...It felt like everything she knew was wrong. The magic Kara was showing, it was like nothing that existed in Sajara. At least, what Sarah thought she knew. She had so many questions and sighed.

"Fine, figure out to help us 'remember'. Because I'm getting really tired of being out of the loop today."

She told Zachariah. At least she wasn't the only one confused. Owen was too and as was Uki and Garron. She could hear the entoid yelling. She wondered what 'old friend' was coming. Probably someone who would say he or she knew her and Sarah didn't know them. But Kara would. Just like Kara knew Zachariah. A man that Sarah was sure her friend had never mentioned to her before today.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 01-02-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kara Orean, Sajara and Garron

Garron looked at Uki nd simply shrugged his shoulders, shaking his head. "Dunno, Lass. It's like a nightmare come to life."

Sajara looked at Garron and Uki and spoke in her calm soothing tone. "No. A nightmare would be worse. No one is mad here, although it may appear to be insane to you." She looked at Kara again. "Perhaps you would like to regroup so you can better explain what you have done?"

Kara shook her head. Everything was unraveling. The secrets she tried so hard to hide over the centuries were uncovered. So far, it was contained to just two, a dwarf and an entoid. Well, perhaps two others, if their memories didn't return. She would have to put her trust in the dwarf and the entoid, something that was not easy for her to do.

"Alright, but I really don't think this will go over well at all," Kiera said with a sigh.

"It is the truth. The truth is always the right path to follow. Look how complicated the lies have become."

Kara gave a wry chuckle. "Yeah, you sound just like my father. Fine, we'll tell them the truth and we'll see which is better."

With another sigh, Kara turned and walked back to the sinkhole leading to what used to be her father's tomb. Sajara and Garron followed.

"Zach, looks like this wasn't a good idea after all." She said to her old friend, referring to her plan to hide the truth and try to build a society without gods. She then looked at Owen and Sarah. She could see that they still looked incredibly confused. They obviously still don't have their memories.

"I guess I owe you all an explanation, don't I?" she added with a sigh.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

UKI
    The Forest of Allyne, Jas’ tomb

For a moment, Uki felt like running away. She was no longer tied to the vines, none of the crazies was paying her any attention, if she wanted to move on with her life, as in staying alive, this would be the moment to do so.

But then again, curiosity was always her most terrible flaw.

“Compost!” she yelled without giving them any explanation.

And just like that, she went down the rabbit hole, like Alice, while crossing her fingers hoping to come out alive.

Owen Phillips & Zachariah Sydney

When Sarah told Zachariah she was tired of being out of the loop, Owen nodded his head. He was tired of this as well. He wanted to know what the hell was going on.

"I agree with her. Make us remember whatever the hell you think we're supposed to remember, Zach."

Zachariah sighed at them.

"Trust me, if I could just snap my fingers and make it happen, I would."

And it would be a lot easier all around. But things usually didn't work like that. He sighed again. Wondering what he could do to help them remember who they truly were, when Kara came over. He nodded his head to her.

"No, but it sounded like a good idea at the time."

"What did?"

Owen asked him and Zachariah replied.

"Building a new society, without gods."

Owen just looked at him confusion. Before either man could say more, Uki yelled out 'compost' all the sudden. This time, even Zachariah was confused, and both wondered what the entoid was doing.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 01-04-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Sarah Mattson

"I suppose that would be anti-climatic."

Sarah replied in annoyance at Zachariah when he said he couldn't just snap his fingers and make her and Owen remember. What were they supposed to remember? That was what she wanted to know. It had be something big, that she was sure of. She turned to Kara when she joined them and nodded her head.

"Some explanations would be-"

She was going to say 'nice' when Uki yelled 'compost' and went down the hole.

"Umm...What was that about?"

Sarah asked in confusion, not knowing what Uki had heard Kara say about Sajara. She had heard the entoid yell, but hadn't made much of it out. She had been sidetracked, talking to the two cops.

Blog Entries

Garron looked at Uki as she made the outburst. "That's one thing that makes a bit of sense," he muttered, knowing exactly how Uki felt. "That's what this is, a steaming pile of dung. My friend caused a cave-in and disappeared. This crazy lady--" he points at Sajara. "--claims she replaced my friend. We all get trapped by trees by a human professor. A human doing things I ain't never seen before! Now ye all are talkin' about gods as if they were real? This is troll dung!"

Sajara looked at Garron with a look of compassion. Her voice remained calm and musical as she spoke. "There are times that the truth can seem impossible. Even more impossible when you have been living under carefully crafted lies." Her gaze went between Kara and Zach as she mentioned the carefully crafted lies. Her look was compassionate, not judgmental, knowing that they were only doing what they thought was right at the time.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it," Kara said in frustration. "That's why I'm going to give you all the explanation you've been asking for. Although, I can guarantee you're not going to like it, and you probably won't believe it either."

Kara paused, closed her eyes, rubbing them with her thumb and forefinger as she sighed. "As Zach said, I wanted this world to develop without gods." She opened her eyes again. "The gods had done nothing but bring death and destruction. Much of it on themselves. I wanted to protect my people from all of that, so I pushed for a scientific answer to the creation of this world, and with the help of my cousin, we pushed that education in the University. Somehow, though, the real truth was corrupted and made its way into the world. Eirene was a fanatic, one of many, who believed that this world was created by Sajara and she killed the evil Jess. That corruption of the truth was the most painful for me to bear, but I could not stop it. Jas, my father, was a god. The god of truth and the mind, and probably the most honorable of all the gods. He died fighting an evil witch named Saja and was buried here. I wanted him to remain undisturbed, but instead, Eirene found him, and was transformed into this woman, who calls herself Sajara. As for me?" Kara closed her eyes again, taking another deep breath. "I'm Kiera, Feral Goddess of the Woods. The true goddess of this world."

UKI
    The Forest of Allyne, Jas’ tomb

“Any chance I’m the Goddess of Confusion?”

I mean, it would fit”
    and Uki shrugged.

Sarah Mattson & Zachariah Sydney

"You may think it is dung, but it's all true."

Zachariah told Garron when he said what he thought of the whole thing. He then looked at Sarah and Owen.

"And deep down, you both know it is too."

"I don't know what to believe."

Sarah replied to Zachariah and he told her.

"Then listen to what Kiera has to say. You know deep down she wouldn't lie to you."

Using Kara's true name and Sarah sighed, but nodded her head. She would listen to her friend. Why would Kara make any of it up? Not when she always thought that Eirene, Micah, and others like them held false beliefs.

"Cousin?"

Sarah said with a frown. They were cousins? Zach smiled at Sarah and said.

"Your birth father and her father were brothers."

It seemed crazy but as Zachariah said it, it also sounded true. The bond she felt with Kara, had always felt with her...It was like they were more then just friends. That they were family.

"Then who I am supposed to be?"

Sarah asked and Zachariah said.

"You're Sojourn, the Archer Goddess. And Owen is Optimus Prime, the God of the Spark. He's your husband."

Zach added and Sarah gave him a look.

"I would think I'd remember being married."

Especially to the younger cop. Yet, it sounded crazy but still....Why did it also seem true, no matter how crazy it sounded? Zachariah smirked.

"Well, I would also think you'd remember being a goddess and Kiera being your cousin. But you don't, do you?"

Sarah gave him an annoyed look in return.

Owen Phillips & Zachariah Sydney

How could it be true? Gods and creating worlds....It all sounded crazy. Like the stuff fanatical Sajara believers preached. But yet...Zachariah had Kara's back on this. Or Kiera, that's why she said her real name was. The name that Sajara had also called her and Zachariah did as well.

"God of the Spark..."

Owen mumbled to himself and thought he'd definitely would think he'd remember being a god or being married to Sarah. He certainly couldn't see himself forgetting her. It seemed crazy but Kara and Zach truly seemed to believe it. As a cop, Owen learned how to read people. To tell who was lying. Neither was lying. Either they had rehearsed their story so many times they believed it to be true. Or, and this was more likely, it was the truth. He asked his partner.

"Then who are you? I'm assuming Zachariah isn't your real name."

Zach smiled.

"No, it's just my name on Sajara. I've went by a few names over the centuries. In Olympus, I was know as Zeus, the God of the Sky and King of the gods. Being a king isn't all it's cracked up to be, though."

Especially when your own wife tried to stage a coup on you and got together with the God of Death to try and kill you.

"You know me as Cid, though. I'm your uncle. Adoptive uncle, technically, but we're family."

"Right."

Owen said with a nod of his head. Their bond, it had seemed like a family one. No matter how much his partner also annoyed him at times. He looked over at Uki.

"I think I might need that title too."

Zach laughed and said.

"Actually, kids, the God of Confusion was Quin. That was Sojourn's birth father and Kiera's uncle."

"I see. Why don't I remember any of this?"

Owen asked and Zachariah sighed.

"Because of what happened when this world formed."

He looked over at Kiera, curious to see if she wanted them to know.

Blog Entries

Garron sat down on the ground, legs and feet crossed in front of him, looking down into the hole where this nightmare began. The sun was now beginning to set, casting a reddish glow over the woods. "I dunno what to believe anymore. Me friend's gone, and yall are saying yer gods. If ye are gods, then ye can bring my friend back to me. If not, ye might as well send me to her instead."

Sajara put a hand lightly on Garron's shoulder. "Your friend lives on through me, Garron. I know it is of small consolation, but it is the only consolation there is to offer. No one can bring her back as you remember, and no one can send you to her."

Kiera shrugged. "Like I said, you're not going to like the news, but it's the truth." She looked at Sarah and Owen. "The truth is also that we don't know why you lost your memories. It was a long time ago, and it seemed that you two being together just made it worse for you. We decided to keep you apart, so you could grow and hopefully get your memories back in time. We kind of hoped when you saw each other now you'd start getting your memories back."

Sajara looked up. "It would appear that their memories are part of me. I could show them their memories, but I am afraid I do not know of a way to restore their memories."

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast