Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    (( "They whine so much-- Sometimes I would like to punch them in the face, but then I’d be out of work-- forever!" Such a caring entoid. ))

While Uki was on the phone with her patients, Eirene walked over to where Garron was waiting.

"Garron, I know you're upset, but it's time to calm down. She called her insurance company and they're sending an adjuster here. Since it'll be a while, we're going to continue with our plans."

Garron grunted and pointed to the entoid. "So, is the walking plant going to wait by our cars?"

Eirene glared at him. "You need to be nice too. Her name is Uki. Not any other speciest remark you can dream up. Treat her like the sentient she is, because she'll be coming with us."

Garron turned his head to look at Eirene. "Come again, lass? I thought I heard ya say that plant lady..."

"Garron!"

Garron grumbled. "I mean Uki... is coming with us."

"Yes, Uki is coming with us," Eirene repeated, emphasizing her name. "Better that she stays close, so we all know what's going on. So be on your best behavior old man."

Garron grumbled again and sighed. "Fine, lass. It's yer show. I'm just the manual labor."

"You're more than that, Garron. You're my best and oldest friend." She smiled at him and turned her head as she heard Uki approaching them.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki
    “They whine so much-- Sometimes I would like to punch them in the face, but then I’d be out of work-- forever!” Uki’s attempt at a little levity didn’t come up exactly right. Comedy wasn’t her strength so she didn’t say anything else about this matter.

“So, I’m all yours now. Let’s spend a beautiful afternoon waiting for the insurance people to arrive.”
    When she mentioned punching them in the face, Eirene and Garron exchanged glances at the unprofessional tone, but said nothing more. If it was an attempt at levity, it certainly did fall flat.

"Yes, it is a beautiful afternoon. A nice day to enjoy a hike in the woods. We should get going quickly so we can get back in time." Eirene added. "It's not far."

Garron grunted and pulled the dolly down again to pull it with the heavy covered box. "Leave it to a wood elf and walking plant to love hiking in the woods." Garron thought to himself. "I could do without all this 'nature.'" He said nothing aloud, but simply followed Eirene and Uki, pulling the dolly behind him.

It was hard enough for a dwarf to hike through the woods, his stocky legs slowly moving along the rough terrain. Pulling a heavy machine, even if supported by a wheeled dolly, almost proved to be too much for the old dwarf. By the time they reached what appeared to be their destination, Garron was exhausted. The destination was a small clearing in the woods. Broken stones and large rocks formed a sort of circle around the edges of the clearing. Garron took a seat on the stone nearest to him and panted heavily, wiping the sweat from his brow.

"This is it," Eirene said with a smile, excitement showing in her eyes as she danced in the center of the ring. "This is where I'll finally find the truth and be able to prove to the world that it we weren't created in some cosmic accident. We were created by Sajara, the goddess of life and creation!"

__________________________________________________ _________________________

OOC: Time for a little clarity and explanation to help the RP along.

There are several creation myths and stories related to the creation of Sajara, all of which are completely incorrect, of course.

The common belief in most of the world, especially among the "educated" is that Sajara was created in the great expansion (what we would call the Big Bang). After the great expansion came evolution, from which all the races and creatures of Sajara were formed. It's commonly believed that all sentient races came from a single racial ancestor, but no race knows which one that would be. Because the high elves have the longest life span, most in the educated community believe that elves were the common ancestor, but that is often hotly contested, as each race wants to believe their race was the first. Humans have even started fights and wars over that before.

The belief that Eirene claims to be the "truth" is one of the most common creation myths for Sajara. It isn't the only creation myth out there, but is the one believed by many of the religious people of Sajara. It tells the story of the benevolent Sajara and her evil brother Jess. Ages ago, long before there was a Sajara, there was simply Meteor floating in a vast amount of nothing. Meteor was lonely, floating in the middle of the nothing since time began, so from inside himself, he created twin children, Sajara and Jess. They were given awareness and called Meteor "Father." The three were happy for a long time, but Sajara wanted more. Why did it have to be just the three of them? She wanted to create more life, but Jess hated the idea. As far as Jess was concerned, there didn't need to be anyone else coming between the three of them. Meteor agreed with Sajara, though, and gave his daughter the power to create. Sajara used that power to create a new world, much larger than Meteor, in which she could create life. She named her world Kera and began to populate it with creatures great and small. Jess became jealous of his sister's power and demanded of his father to be given power too. Meteor agreed, if Jess agreed to use the power to help his sister. Jess agreed, and was given powers over the mind, which he could use to give intelligence to the creatures of Kera. This was not enough for Jess, though. He hated the idea of others coming between his family, and used his power to turn Sajara's creation against itself. Jess perverted the minds of the creatures and war consumed the world. With it, disease and death. Sajara tried to stop her brother and they bitterly fought each other, Sajara trying to restore peace and life, and Jess bringing death and destruction. In the end, it was death and destruction that ended the conflict as Jess and Sajara killed each other. Meteor, heartbroken over the death of his children, buried them together on Kera and renamed the world Sajara in his daughter's memory. He used his body to create a shrine on the new world, and let the sentient races know how they were created. Over time, the burial place and shrine were lost to history and simply relegated to myth, folklore and religion.

As mentioned, there are many other creation myths, but every single one of them, including the ones here, are incorrect. These are the two most well known, even if they aren't believed.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Uki

At Eirene’s revelation, Uki put on her blank professional face. No emotions attached to it, no judgement, not any approval or disapproval, just a nod of her head to let her know that she was listening.

“Just what I needed,” she thought, “a Sajara looney toon-- And here I was starting to enjoy a nice walk through the forest in such a beautiful afternoon-- It was too good to be as simple as that.”

Uki looked around in the clear and studied the rocks marking its limit. It was a nice spot, plants were alive and hadn’t been disturbed in a while. Moist was at a perfect level and sun light was allowing her to photosynthesize nicely. If it wasn’t for the loon and the moron, everything would be perfect.

“So, this is where you come to speak with Sajara?” Uki smiled with this fake gesture no one ever bought, but she insisted on using. “Did you have an appointment with her, today?”

Blog Entries
    (( Mental note. Never hire Uki as a therapist. ))

Eirene rolled her eyes. Another naysayer. She expected as much. "Sajara is dead, Uki." She said, without looking at the entoid. She walked over to the dolly and pulled the blanket off the box, revealing the large ultrasound machine. "Which is something you would have known if the so-called 'educators' actually bothered to teach the true history of our world, instead of the lies they like to pander."

She turned to face Uki. "Unlike those other so-called 'scientists' claiming that great expansion is the truth--and silence any opposing viewpoint by any means necessary--I actually am a true scientist, determined to seek out the truth, no matter what it may be."

She turned around and pressed some dials on the ultrasound machine, and the machine began to hum. The battery wouldn't last long, she knew, but hoped it would be enough time to find what she was looking for. "But yes, I do have an appointment today, because another one won't be available for another century. Every hundred and one years, a meteor passes very close to our planet. Our scientists have named it Yasmina, but I believe it is really Meteor. Yes, that is a belief that I can't prove. What I can prove, though, is that when Meteor--or Yasmina if you want to listen to the faux-scientists--passes by on this day, it will enhance the magnetic harmonance of this area, and allow this ultrasound device to help me locate the sacred burial place of Sajara and Jess."

She looked back at Uki. "So, you can choose to disbelieve me like my friend Garron does, and the rest of the scientific community, if you want. It won't change the truth, and this discovery will offer the proof I need to show the world that Sajara and Jess are more than just stories."

Garron sighed, listening to his friend on her soapbox yet again, sounding like fanatic Sajarian. He was used to that, and usually let it just go in one ear and out the other. While she was a scientist, she would not accept when her theories came up empty. Instead, she blamed unnamed people for 'hiding the truth.' He wasn't as young as he used to be, and knew he didn't have much longer in the world.

"Eirene, Lass," he said softly, still sitting on his rock, "will you promise me one thing? Ye say ye're seeking the truth. If ye find nothing here, will ye promise to let this go, and accept the truth we've all been taught?"

Eiriene looked at her friend. "You'll see. They're here. I know it. All my years of research have pointed to this spot."

"Just promise me, Lass. Promise me ye'll put an end to this, one way or the other, today."

Garron's eyes were filled with compassion, almost pleading, while his voice was soft and caring.

She sighed. "For you, Garron, I'll accept whatever I find here today, as I know you will."
    Last edited by Jason Sanborn; 11-27-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Uki

Uki realized too soon she was walking on dangerous grounds; not necessarily the clear in the woods, but Eirene’s beliefs. Soon enough, too, she realized she was surrounded by two people she didn’t know all that well, and there was no one else around to run for help if it was needed.

She analyzed her options and stared at elf for an uncomfortable amount of time. Eirene could be a bit intense, but she didn’t look deranged or really aggressive. If anything, it wasn’t a unique thing for her to be so blinded by her own beliefs and those invisible friends her kind was so fond of. It would be something else, though, to confront her and dismiss her faith. It would be best to just let her think all of her mumbo-jumbo was the one and only truth. That way, everyone would be safe, at least for the moment.

Of course, humanoids were always so wrong about the origin of life. They were so mammal-centric that they couldn’t see what was right in front of their eyes. It was so obvious that all life sprung out of the Green and that Kulit, Goddess of the Forest, was the one and only true God and sole creator of Sajara-- Uki was not going to rub the truth on their faces; she rarely spoke of these matters with people that weren’t entoids. Humans and humanoids always thought that everything was about them that was so annoying. Of course, their view of the world granted her with an endless list of patients and a prolific therapy business, but other than that, they were just annoying and way too self-centered for their own good.

But well, there was nothing she could do about humanoid nature and all she could do was to roll with it and enjoy the ride. She would make the best out of her situation. It would be a fun tale to tell her friends some time: She was stuck in the forest with a Sajara looney toon and her side-kick, the grumpy troll-- Or was he a dwarf? She always confused those--

Doing her best to keep a blank expression tattooed on her face, she finally said: “Let’s get this started. It will be interesting to see how this experiment turns out. With me, you have a captive audience--” and she tried her best to smile-- Something that didn’t really pan out.

Uki sat down on a rock and pulled some tetrabrick packed water from her purse. It was about time to have some meal and she was starving.
    Last edited by Meteoro; 11-29-2017 at 05:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    Eirene pulled out a large headset, designed to fit over her large pointed ears. The headset was specially designed to filter out the sounds as she manipulated the dials on the ultrasound machine. Without them, the ultrasonic sounds from the machine would be very painful to her sensitive elven hearing. On the other side of the clearing, Garron watched as she manipulated the dials. He really didn't expect much from this experiment, but he always humored her. He'd known her for so long, he felt that if he didn't help her, she'd get herself hurt. Suddenly, his eyes grew wider and he jumped off the rock. "Lass? Something's wrong here!" he said urgently. Being a dwarf, he had greater sensations from the earth than most, but it was possible that Uki would feel the same thing as him. The ground was beginning to vibrate. An ultrasound machine should not be causing this vibration. It was like he was standing on a sheet of glass instead of solid earth.

Eirene adjusted a few more dials, not able to hear Garron's words, and unaware of the vibrations in the ground. Garron picked up a small rock and threw it at Eirene's back. She cried out and turned around angrily. "Hey! What're you doing?" Her voice shouting, unable to hear her own voice.

"STOP!" Garron shouted, waving his arms in front of him. The vibrations were getting stronger, so much so that even Eirene could feel the vibrations now.

"Wait! Something's happening!" She shouted, turning around and adjusting more dials. Garron cursed and ran toward her, immediately falling onto his face as the ground seemed to explode beneath their feet, creating a sinkhole in the center of the clearing. Garron tried to grab onto something, anything, but there was nothing to grab onto. Eirene screamed and held onto the ultrasound machine, but even that was sliding toward the center of the sinkhole. She turned dials to turn off the machine, but it was too late. The sinkhole had been created, and within moments, they were pulled in and under the ground.

The three of them were dragged through the sinkhole and fell into the cavern below. Fortunately enough of the soft soil came in from above that their fall was moderately cushioned, despite still being painful upon landing. The ultrasound device, though, was not so lucky, and it was damaged upon hitting the ground. Eirene's headset fell off and was soon covered by the falling soil from above.

"Dammit, lass! I told ye to stop!" Garron shouted in anger. "Ye think I was throwing rocks just because?"

Eirene groaned and shakily stood to her feet. "Sorry, the ultrasound shouldn't have done that. Must have been Meteor that caused it."

"Meteor!" Garron shouted. "Meteor is a myth! Jess is a myth! Sajara is a myth! None of it is real! And now ye've gone and gotten us all trapped!"

Eirene visibly flinched at her friend's shouts. He never yelled at her like that before. The little bit of light filtering in from above cast an unusual glow around the chamber they found themselves in. The light seeming to be amplified by a very large crystal near them.

"Not real?" Eirene asked walking over to the crystal. "If they're not real, then what is this?"

Eirene pointed at the crystal. It was very large. It seemed to glow with a light of its own. Yet more important than the crystal was the body of what appeared to be a male human. He had blonde hair, and held a sword over his chest, the hilt right below his throat, while the tip was pointed toward his feet. "We found Jess!" She smiled, Garron's chastisement and anger forgotten in the moment of her excitement.

Uki

Uki was still immerse in her own thoughts when the vibrations of the machine hit her hard. It was a wake-up call as she started to hear the lament of the plants around her. The trees, the leaves, the flowers, even the grass, they all started crying in a way that only few could hear. They were in pain and the vibrations were hurting them bad.

“What are you doing?” she asked Eirene knowing all too well that the elf would not respond. That woman was so into her weird experiment that nothing else mattered.

And that’s when the floor sunk under their feet. Uki’s fingers became roots that did their best to hold onto the ground, but there was nothing solid around her. All of a sudden she was falling and there was nothing she could do about it.

She landed badly. A sound crack indicated that her left arm was broken. It didn’t hurt, not much, but this didn’t make Uki happy at all. “It will heal,” she said to herself. She needed the reassurance, but the anger boiling inside wasn't going anywhere.

As she could, she stood up and that's when she realized her clothes were ruined. First her arm and now her dress-- The arm would grow back, but the dress--

“This was a Tomatace dress! And it is ruined!” Her fingers formed a fist she would have gladly smashed against Eleri's face. She started walking into her direction when she said:

Quote Originally Posted by Eirene
    "Sorry, the ultrasound shouldn't have done that. Must have been Meteor that caused it."
    “What the compost! Meteor? Really?!?!?! Do you really have mashed potatoes for brains?” Uki was out of her mind. “You had no right to drag me into this lunacy! It was okay to make some time as the insurance inspector arrived, who wouldn't love a little walk into the forest, but this? You have any idea of how much this dress costed me? It was grown with organic tomato fabric! Are you going to pay for it? Of course you're not! I'm pretty sure in the lunacy house they don't pay you the big bucks! I knew humans were crazy and that’s why no one likes them, but you’re an elf, for Kulit’s sake! You seriously give a bad name to your kind!”

Uki moved closer to Eirene, wanting to estrangle her, when she heard Garron complaining as well.

“I never imagined there would come a day when I would side with a dwarf. But trust me, he's right and you're so going into a mad house! I don’t care if you believe in whatever New Age hocus pocus gods you can come up with, but you had no right to drag us along!”

Quote Originally Posted by Eirene
    "Not real?" Eirene asked walking over to the crystal. "If they're not real, then what is this?"

Eirene pointed at the crystal. It was very large. It seemed to glow with a light of its own. Yet more important than the crystal was the body of what appeared to be a male human. He had blonde hair, and held a sword over his chest, the hilt right below his throat, while the tip was pointed toward his feet. "We found Jess!" She smiled, Garron's chastisement and anger forgotten in the moment of her excitement.
    Uki was at a loss of words. She wasn’t expecting to find anything underground, much less a man frozen in crystal with a sword over his chest.

“If you yell ’You’ve been punk’d,' I swear to Kulit I will feed you to a carnivore flower--”

Blog Entries
    Eirene looked over at Uki, still smiling. "I'm so sorry about your dress, but buying you a new dress will be a small price to pay for this discovery."

Garron grumbled. "And just what does this discovery prove, Lass, except there's a human encased in crystal." He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out his cell phone, moving it around under the light from above. "I think we can get enough of a signal to call for help." He added, looking at the single bar showing he had 'just enough' of a signal.

She looked back at Garron. "This discovery will prove everything. Think about it? Have you ever seen anyone encased in crystal like this?" She slapped her hands down on the crystal, which proved to be yet another mistake. The vibrations that caused the ground to turn into a sinkhole was actually caused by the vibrations of the crystal, crystal that had been weakened in the process. Even though she didn't slap hard, the crystal immediately shattered in a brilliant flash of light. The crystal shards swirled around Eirene only, causing her to scream out in pain. It was as if she was in the center of a twister, and the shards were flying into her body and the body of the human male at the same time.

"HELP!" she shouted in pain. Garron had to shield his eyes from the blinding glare around them. This was more than mere sunlight, but something more powerful.

"EIRENE! LASS!" he shouted in response. He may have been mad at her, but he didn't want her hurt. Yet he couldn't move forward. It seemed that whatever force was propelling the twister was keeping Garron and Uki from moving.

The light continued to intensify, along with Eirene's screams of pain. Garron nor Uki would not be able to see anything except the blinding light, but light could not hide the sound of pain. The screaming lasting less than a minute, but appeared to last forever. Soon after the screaming faded, the light began to dim. When they could see again, there the crystal was gone, along with it the body that was encased in the crystal. A naked female form lay face down on the ground, her body emitting a slight glow. It couldn't be Eirene, as she appeared more human now than elven.

Garron, able to move again, rushed over to the slightly glowing naked body. Even though she looked different, she had to be Eirene, there was no other explanation. "Eirene? Lass?" he asked, rolling her over. Her face was that of Eirene, but there was something different.--something he could not explain--in the face of the glowing human woman.

Uki

“Okay, this is officially messed up,” Uki said to Garron. “I was mad at her, as in really really mad, but I didn’t want something like this to happen to her, you know?” She rubbed her head and then shook it. “Is this that horrible part in story written by a male where the beautiful lady just asks ‘what do we do now?’ as if she didn’t have a clue of what is going on? Because I really don’t--”

Blog Entries
    Garron looked at Uki as he knelt beside the unconscious glowing woman. He looked older now than before, worn out, and very sad. "I don't know either, lass," he said softly, before looking back at the woman. "Eirene? Wake up. Can ye hear me?"

Eirene, if it was her, moaned softly. The glowing from her body dimmed, and her pale skin appeared to be even more pale now. Her hair was still the same light blonde color. Her body, though, was more human in appearance, not quite as lean as an elf, and ears no longer pointed. How could it be the same person? If it wasn't, what happened to Eirene, and what happened to Jess? Garron lightly shook the woman again. "Wake up, lass."

The woman opened her eyes, they were the same piercing crystal blue color, except now they seemed to glow with an inner light. "Garron?" She asked, as if confused. The voice had a melodic tone, quite unlike Eirene's. There was almost a hint of a chime, like winds flowing through wind chimes, in her tone. "That's your name, isn't it?" She sat up more and looked over at Uki. "And you're Uki."

Garron looked at Uki, then back at the woman in confusion. "Aye, lass. I'm Garron. Who are ye, and what happened to Eirene?"

The woman looked down for a moment. "Eirene," she said, apparently lost in thought. "Yes, Eirene." She looked back up at Garron, standing to her feet. "That was my name before." Mists seemed to emanate from her body as she stood, the white mist swirling around her naked torso until it seemed to settle upon her as a shimmering gown of white.

Uki

“If Eirene was your name before, then what’s your name now?” Uki’s question was almost if scientific value. “And what are you? You definitely don’t look like an elf anymore-- Should I dare say it--? Don’t take offense, but you look almost human--” She made a gesture of disgust.

Uki turned to Garron seeking some reassurance. She didn’t know if she was supposed to be afraid and run out of there, or stay until the mystery was solved.

This day turned out being so differently to what she first had in mind.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast