Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Garron looked at Uki, looking just as confused as her, and shrugged his shoulders. He looked back at the strange woman. "What happened to my friend?" he asked in concern.

The woman looked at Uki, then Garron. "You are worried and scared." She looked at Uki again. "You are scared too, but curious. Curious about me."

The woman's voice melodic as she spoke, her white gown sparkling as if it were made of ice, or perhaps crystal dust. "Who am I? So many names, so many memories. Which are mine? Which are memories of those long gone?"

The woman closed her eyes and sighed, like her voice, the sigh sounding like a wind chime gently chiming in the breeze.

"Eirene was searching for Jess and Sajara. Those names are unfamiliar to me, but I think they are me. Jas, god of truth and the mind. Saja, the white witch. Crystaline, the crystal entity. Eirene, the wood elf. They are all me."

She opened her eyes again. "They are me, and memories of so many others. None adequately describe me now. You may call me Sajara, the Goddess of Truth."

Uki

Uki raised an eyebrow and sat in a rock right in front of this new composite creature. She leaned forward as if paying deep attention to this woman’s words, gave a reassuring glance at Garron and then spoke to Sajara.

“Tell me about your childhood.”

Blog Entries
    Sajara

Sajara looked at Uki, her crystal blue eyes seeming to look right through her. "You do not believe me. You think that I am delusional. I do not blame you for thinking that. Disbelief, though, has no bearing on truth. Observe."

A crystal mist began to surround and envelop Sajara's body once more. Instead of just surrounding her torso and legs, this was surrounding her whole body. In a matter of seconds, Sajara was replaced by what appeared to be a diamond statue of a winged female. The form was that of Sajara's, and the eyes seemed to glow with a pale blue light. The statue didn't waste any time but grabbed Uki around the waist, then quickly did the same with Garron. The two would feel as if they were trapped in crystal, so hard and cool were her diamond arms.

"Hey! Let us go!" Garron protested and tried in vain to struggle free. Sajara did not respond, but simply spread her diamond wings and jumped up through the sinkhole that trapped them under the ground. Garron shrieked, if a dwarf could shriek, as he saw the ground retreating from them, the trees racing past, until they were above the tops of the trees. Garron shut his eyes tightly, holding onto the crystal woman as if his life depended upon it, even though her grip was strong enough to keep both safe.

She said nothing, despite any protests, but a moment later was landing in the parking lot next to the two damaged vehicles. There was no sign of the insurance agent yet. She let the two of them go and the mists surrounded her again, returning her to her previous form. In the afternoon sunlight, her white gown sparkled brighter than before.

"My apologies, I did not intend to frighten you so. I simply thought a demonstration and a rescue would help to show you that my claims are true."
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Uki

Uki threw up something that looked a lot like moss.

“Don’t you ever fly me around without asking permission first!” Uki said really irritated. “You’re not the first person I’ve seen who can turn all shiny or fly through the winds. Birds, for instance-- And this definitely doesn’t turn you into a Goddess. But what I can tell you is that you are a delusional and deeply narcissistic creature. Not everything is about you. You didn’t create this world. And, as far as I know, you could be under the effect of a spell or something worse, even some plant poisoning, but that’s about it. You didn’t create this world. Deal with it.”

She walked to Garron and put a hand on his shoulder.

“And you should lean a bit more on your friends instead of terrorizing them. He may be just a simple and stupid dwarf, but he obviously cares about you. And here you are scaring the life out of him.

“If you ask me, this was too big of a price to pay for bumping that truck with my car. Had I ever know I was running into such a lunatic person, this would have been a simple case of hit and run.

And for the record, entoids aren't meant for flight! Put me in the air you'll get a real moody Uki!”

Uki was actually fuming. The leaves in her head dried right away and were starting to fall.
    Last edited by Meteoro; 12-03-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Sajara

Sajara nodded at Uki. "Again, you have my apologies. I am still trying to sort through these thoughts and memories, and it appears I made a mistake in how I assisted in your rescue."

Sajara approached both Uki and Garron, she set her hand lightly on Garron's shoulder. "I did not realize the toll this would take on either of you. Be calm and do not fear," she said, planting the suggestion in Garron's mind. His breathing slowed and he regained his composure.

"I'm a dwarf, not a bird, lass. My feet were meant to stay on the ground," Garron responded. Uki might otice that his change from fear to calm was all too sudden for something as traumatic as Garron had just experienced.

"Yes, I do understand that. It will not happen again." Sajara looked back at Uki. "It will not happen to either of you."

Sajara turned and walked toward the damaged truck, running her hand along the cool metal. "You are correct, though, Uki. I did not create this world. I never claimed that I did. That was Eirene's claim, and she was wrong. She was right about one thing, though. This is where I died."

Uki

“You died here?” Uki frowned. She had seen a lot this day and she was having lots of trouble understanding what was what. Magic wasn’t foreign to her life, but coming back from the dead, from the Great Beyond, was something else. If Sajara was delusional was beyond her knowledge, at least at this point. She definitely wasn’t looking like Eirene, but accepting Sajara’s words was deranged.

Uki looked at Garron for a moment wondering if he was as confused as she was. This woman was claiming to be a Goddess, four persons in one-- It was either a severe case of fragmented personality or something else she really wasn’t ready to admit.

“Can you fix my car and the truck before the insurance guy arrives?” It was a longshot, but she would take it and then leave the place as soon as she could. Things were getting a bit too complex for her own sake.

Blog Entries
    Sajara

Garron looked at Uki in surprise when Sajara said she died here. Magic was no unheard of here, it was as common as science, but coming back from the dead. That was usually associated with necromancy, the forbidden dark arts. No one had practiced necromancy, at least not openly, for thousands of years. Did Eirene's delusions go so far as to practice necromancy, and the practice take her own life as well? The idea, and even more, the implications, frightened him. "Can ye give us some straight answers, Lass?" Garron added after Uki asked her questions.

"Repair of your vehicles is not something that I can do." She taped her temple. She stopped speaking, yet they could hear her voice quite clearly in their minds. "My powers lie up here. Power over the mind." She started speaking aloud again. "Do not be afraid, no necromancy was involved today. Eirene simply did not understand what she had truly discovered."

"What did she discover, and if there's no necromancy, what is going on? Where is Eirene?"

"Eirene, as you knew her, has died. It was a tragic accident caused by her search for the truth. Her passing has given me life, but her death was certainly not something I desired. For that, you have my most sincere condolences."

Hearing that Eirene was dead confirmed one of Garron's fears. It was like having an arrow shot through is heart. He had been friends with her almost his entire life, and because she was an elf, he expected her to outlive him by centuries. He staggered slightly and sat down on the ground, tugging hard at his long beard, as dwarves do when expressing their grief.

Sajara walked over to Garron and placed a hand on his shoulder. Her powers could simply make the grief go away, but knew that would do more harm than good. "I am truly sorry, Garron, but be assured that she does live on in me, in my thoughts, and in my memories. She will now never truly die, she was just transformed, like the others."
    Last edited by Jason Sanborn; 12-04-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Uki

“So, Eirene is gone for good--” And then she thought: "I really didn't know what else to say. She wasn't my favorite person, in a way she tricked me into going with her to perform this odd ceremony, but did she really deserve to die? She needed support and lots of therapy, not death. And this new creature, as soft and warm as it pretends to be, is even less favorite to me than Eirene ever was."

“We should call the authorities. You claim Eirene is still living inside of you, but I still see she's no longer with us. This may have been an accident, but a life was lost--”
    Last edited by Meteoro; 12-05-2017 at 07:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Sajara

Sajara looked up from Garron and over at Uki, responding to the entoid's thoughts as if they were spoken aloud. "No, she did not deserve to die, but she did not trick you as you think. You had a choice, just as she did. I know you do not trust me, and I understand. I am not simply a creature, I am from a race of beings known simply as the First. We have been called many things. Gods, angels, devils, demons, and many more. No matter what name you use, this is who I am, and I mean you no harm."

Sajara turned her head and looked down the road, watching as a car drove past. "If you did call the authorities, what would you tell them?" she asked, without turning around. "How would you not be suspect in her disappearance? Would anyone simply believe what you have to say?" She turned and looked at Uki again. "After all, you do not believe me, even though what I tell you is the truth."

Uki

Uki felt a bit cornered. This “Sajara” creature wasn’t completely wrong. The authorities wouldn’t believe what she had to say about Eirene’s death. Where was the body? She wasn’t even sure if Garron would support her, since he already looked a bit mesmerized by this woman’s soft ways.

“You know I didn’t ask for this, right?,” she complained. “I was on my way to work and this stupid accident got me stuck with you. Besides, isn’t it a bit pretentious to name yourself after this world? I could try to believe you-- or at least understand you-- But you’re being so over the top--”

Uki was at a loss of words and was having some serious trouble organizing her thoughts. She wasn’t an atheist, how could she when she believed so deeply in the Holy Kulit and her creation of the Green. Maybe too much had happened and Eirene’s death hit her harder than she thought.

More leaves yellowed on her shoulders as they reflected her inner Autumn taking completely over, reflecting the desolation that was becoming her.

And that’s when it hit her.

“Am I here for a reason?”

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast