Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
+ Reply to Thread
    Insecure connection

Insecure connection

I keep getting this "insecure connection" a lot when I visit the forum. When I do it from the cellphone, it often blocks the page altogether and I have to do a couple of moves to finally get in.

Do you know why I get this message? The url on top doesn't have the little lock that establishes the page as a safe web site.

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's because the site is HTTP not HTTPS. Some browsers are now being more strict in warning when you're not on a secure connection.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

I see-- And is that something that can be easily corrected or it takes some work?

I was wondering because the alarm it sets when someone arrives, can easily scare people away.

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately it isn't something easy to fix. As Kulit is hosting the site now, she would have to see the costs associated with converting the site to SSL/HTTPS. In most cases, you have to purchase an SSL Certificate, which is not cheap, and then pay extra per month for the SSL hosting.

Oh, I see. Then, no worries. I have no clue about such things

+ Reply to Thread