Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sojourn

On the Rising Sun

"Hmm...I wonder."

Sojourn replied with a smile. She had a feeling that Angel saw a lot of her father in her husband, but Sojourn didn't point that out. Even if she saw it sometimes herself. Optimus would pick on Millennium, but she could tell he also loved him. Not just as a son-in-law but as another son. She did as well. Although when he tried to justify his actions with the trials, Sojourn smiled.

"Oh, right, of course."

Although it was pretty telling on their daughter's suitors had been subjected to the trials, not any of their sons' potential mates.

"You are such a good father and grandfather wanting what is best for the kids."

He was a good father and grandfather and a wonderful husband as well. Although she didn't buy that it was all for Dexter reasons that he had subjected Millennium and Cole to trials. Or why he wanted help subject Kalor to one as well. But she'd let him think that. There were some battles not worth fighting. But there was one that was. And she turned serious as they arrived on the bridge.

"I love you."

She told him. A habit she had gotten into over the years of fighting various enemies that had threatened their home. She always told Optimus she loved him before a battle. Just in case something bad happened. She hoped nothing would but nothing in life was certain either.

Optimus Prime

On the Rising Sun

Optimus gave Sojourn a look about her comment about Millennium but he let the subject drop. The younger First could drive him crazy but Optimus knew his love for Angel was true and that made him happy. But he wouldn't always admit it out loud. He couldn't let Millennium feel that loved all the time. He smirked at her when she seemed to understand his logic, or at least claim to get it.

"See, there is a method to my madness."

He replied. Although, he also did secretly enjoy tormenting the would be suitors. But he'd never admit that, right? After all, it wouldn't be very Dexter of him. He smiled at her when she complimented him and told Sojourn.

"Thank you, dear. But I'm only a good father and grandfather because those kids have a great mother and grandmother in you."

And because he had an awesome wife. There was definitely no one else he'd rather be on this crazy trip called life with. Even if it meant going to a deserted world to stop the White Witch once and for all. When Sojourn got serious, he did as well.

"And I love you."

He said. Telling each other they loved each other before a battle had become a tradition. One that both honored. They had died once, who knew what could happen on Starron. He hoped that Saja would be defeated soon and that he and Sojourn could take that vacation they were talking about. He gave her one more kiss before meeting their companions on the bridge.

"So, what's the word?"

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kalor, Jas and Kiera
    Kalor.jpg

On the Rising Sun

Kalor stood, leaning against the console, arms folded across his chest, waiting as the others made their way to the bridge. Optimus Prime and Sojourn were the first to arrive. He noticed a look that the God of Spark gave him and knew, even after all these years, that he never forgot about Pixie. Then again, it was someone Kalor could never forget about either, no matter how hard he tried. Not that he tried very hard, of course. He was tempted to greet him as "Sparky" as he had done many times before, but for now, decided to err on the side of silence.

Jas and Kiera were the next to arrive. It was Kiera who found him and recruited him and his crew to aid in the witch hunt. Getting thrown back into the drama of the so-called "gods" was something he was not keen on, but he witness first hand the destruction that Saja had caused, and knew she needed to be stopped. While not a First himself, he had gained his own type of immortality and powers over matter through an accident centuries ago. He knew that both Jas and Kiera had hoped his particular abilities would benefit them in their fight against the witch who could turn herself to mist at will. Despite all that, he still thought of Jas as "Mr. Stick in the Mud."

"Alright," he said, pushing himself off the console and walking to the center of the bridge. "Guess we're all here now. It's approaching high noon, and we'll have our final showdown at the O.K. Corral pretty soon."

Jas shook his head slightly at Kalor's melodrama. He hadn't changed after all these centuries. "Yes, Saja is down there, and she knows we're here."

"Couldn't you just turn off your advanced warning system, Mr. Stick in the Mud? Totally ruins our element of surprise." Kalor rolled his eyes.

Kiera growled and her eyes flashed red briefly. Her growl almost sounding like a large cat. "You knew we wouldn't surprise her, you moron, so get on with it," she said with irritation, her impatience getting the better of her.

Kalor put up his hands in front of him. "Ok. Ok. Down kitty." Kiera growled again at his words, but Kalor continued to speak. "Yes, the witch is down at Jasmin's house, which I can't believe is still there. How many centuries has it been? I mean, you'd think nature would have covered it ages ago. Come to think of it, maybe it did, and she's just on the ground above it. I can't see the structures down there, of course."

Jas interrupted his rambling. "Enough, Kalor. Yes, the house is still there. Yes, she's in the house. Yes, she knows we're here. No, she doesn't know everyone who has come." Jas turned to Optimus Prime and Sojourn. "She doesn't know either of you are here yet, which is something we can probably use to our advantage."
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Sojourn

On the Rising Sun

"So you say."

Sojourn teased her husband when he said there was a method to his madness. While she loved Optimus dearly, she was also sure that he got quite a kick out of tormenting other would be suitors to the Prime Family's ladies. He'd just never admit it.

When he complimented her as a mother and grandmother, Sojourn smiled.

"Thank you."

She took great pride in her family. They were her greatest accomplishment. She loved the Saber Vortex and the Dexter School she had founded, but her family with Optimus was the greatest thing she'd ever do in her life. As long as her kids and grandkids were happy, then she was happy.

"We are both great in those roles, because we make a great team."

Sojourn told Optimus and returned his kiss before they met Kalor at the bridge. She saw the look exchanged between her husband and their captain and whispered to him.

"Don't forget, you have to be nice."

At least until the mission was over, she thought. Saja was their priority. Once she was defeated and the universe was safe again, then Optimus could try to get Kalor to play the 'Wheel of Torture'. She nodded her head to Jas and Kiera when they joined them. She definitely understood Kalor's viewpoint of not wanting be thrown back into drama of the First. She and Optimus had that same one. When they were younger, they'd go into just about any fight. Especially as Secundae. But as they matured into Firsthood and started their family, things had changed. Unless there was a big threat, like this one, they tended to stick close to home. Life seemed better that way. Although sometimes you couldn't stand by and do nothing either. This was one of those times.

She smirked at Kalor's melodrama and Jas' reaction to it. It wasn't the first time she had seen that type of banter and probably wouldn't be the last either. At least, she hoped it wouldn't be. The plan was for Saja to be defeated and for the good guys to win. Once this was was over, she'd definitely want to go on that vacation Optimus had suggested. She could see Kiera was getting impatient with Kalor and said.

"It's not like my uncle has much of an option with that 'warning' system."

Jas was her uncle, brother to her birth father, Quin. They shared the same father, her grandfather, Meteoro. She hadn't know her father growing up. She had been adopted and raised by Lord Mattson. She hadn't met her birth parents until she was grown. She had come to truly love and respect her uncle, though. Jas was definitely one of the better Firsts out there.

She looked Jas and said.

"Anything we can use to our advantage is good."

Optimus Prime

On the Rising Sun

Optimus knew his wife was teasing him and it was fine. Because he loved to tease her back. And she was right, he'd never fully admit how much he did enjoy being on the other side of any trials that came out.

"That we are."

He said with a smile, fully agree with Sojourn that they were a great team. There was no one else he'd rather have for a partner. In a fight or in life in general. He loved the life they had built together and that's why he had agreed to come here when Jas came to the Saber Vortex. As he had gotten older and his children had grown, he didn't like fighting as much as he did when he was Secundae. Neither he, nor Sojourn, were that impulsive anymore. However, he knew what a threat Saja was to their universe. She needed to be stopped. Hopefully this time it would be for good.

"I'll be nice until the White Witch is gone. Afterwards, all bets are off."

Optimus replied to his wife when she reminded him to be nice to Kalor. He definitely remembered how that one loved to call him 'Sparky', a nickname the First did not care for. It was good they keep on the mission on hand or he'd be tempted to bring the 'Wheel of Torture' onto to the Rising Sun. There was truly no way to prevent Saja from knowing Jas was here, but at least she didn't know who else with him. He nodded his head.

"Definitely. Because we'll get one chance at trying to surprise her."

Optimus had no doubt about that. It didn't help that they couldn't see the house itself, nature had at least taken over the land that surrounded it. He looked at Jas.

"Do you have any suggestions on how we surprise her?"

Jas knew Saja better then anyone else in the universe, so Optimus was definitely open to any suggestions he had for this mission.

Blog Entries
    Kalor, Jas and Kiera

On the Rising Sun

Jas sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger for a moment. "Surprise is something we do not have on our side, but we can do our best. Saja has all my memories up until the time of her creation, when she was ripped from my mind and given new life. She knows about the Rising Sun, Kalor and his abilities. She is not going to let him use his powers against her."

"Hey, I could be sneaky about it, you know," Kalor said.

Jas nodded. "Yes, but it is going to take a lot more than that, especially when she can read and control minds in the same way I can. I can protect my mind, Kalor's and Kiera's, but if I try to protect anyone else, it would let her know that you two are here as well. I hope your mental defenses are honed enough, because her mental powers are formidable."

Kiera looked at her father. "Ok, so you protect our minds, just like you have before, but how is that going to help us defeat her? Her mental powers will prevent your mental assaults, and her ability to take a mist form will protect her from physical attack. if you say she knows Kalor's abilities, how is he going to do anything to keep her solid?"

Kalor shrugged. "Don't you worry 'bout that, Kittycat. I--"

Kiera turned suddenly and slapped Kalor hard across the left cheek, her eyes glowing red. "Stop with your stupid nicknames! They weren't funny before, and they're not funny now!" She growled in anger.

Kalor rubbed his hand across his red cheek. "Ow. Alright. Sorry."

"Kiera, the pointless nicknames are not important right now. Stopping Saja is," Jas said calmly. "We cannot be fighting among ourselves, or we will certainly fail."

Optimus Prime

On the Rising Sun

Optimus was silent as he tried to think of plan. Saja would be a formidable foe, considering her connection to Jas. Definitely one of the most dangerous beings he had been up against. But he had fought Ancient Gods, twisted warlords, and the Negation. He was certain he could handle whatever she dished out as well. He told Jas.

"Well, I've always been more fond of making things burn..."

He shot a look at Kalor, he wouldn't mind making him burn for trying to get with Pixie. But Sojourn was right, he needed to be 'nice'. At least for now, they did need Kalor and he was an ally on this mission. During his training, his Uncle Cid had tried to make him learn different types of powers. Optimus had always been drawn to fire based powers, which was why when he ascended, he became the God of the Spark. Still, he knew some mind tricks, he just wasn't as skilled Jas was in them. Not by a long shot.

"However, my uncle did make sure I didn't just learn how to set people on fire. We'll do our best to shield our minds from her."

If his and Sojourn's best was good enough, that was anyone's guess. He watched Kalor and Kiera fight a moment and said.

"As much as I'd love to see Kiera rip out your jugular, Kalor, Jas is right. We need to work as a team."

He touched the hilt of his father's sword. The one thing he had left of his father. A god he had not always respected and had tried be a better god then. If Jett had taught him anything, it was how to not be like him. Still, the sword could drain the energy of others.

"This sword can drain someone's energy. If I could get close enough to Saja, perhaps I could weaken her."
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 12-14-2017 at 01:23 PM.

METEORO
    THE RISING SUN

BOOM!

The portal of a loud Boom Tube opened in the middle of the Rising Sun’s bridge and out of it, a very proud sinister god walked out as if owning the place.

“I heard you were gathering and no one invited me,” Meteoro, God of Falling Rocks, laughed out loud. “But don’t worry, I don’t plan on going all Maleficient on you-- Just don’t ask where I get my references. It's a thing, you know--"

He looked around stopping briefly on the eyes of every First in the room. Jas, Kiera, Sojourn, Optimus-- Son, granddaughter, granddaughter and grandson-in-law, it was a family reunion. Some simpler creatures were around as well, but Meteoro just paid no attention to them. Anything other than godly was just beneath him.

“If you want to break something, you must call, that's my specialty. It was unpleasant to find out about this mission through one of my Mtv cameras. But I won’t hold it against you, just let me punch this Saja witch in the face and all will be good.”

GENERAL SAE
    THE RISING SUN

Quiet as usual, General Sae looked through the windows, literally into the stars. She was where she was meant to be and a sense of anticipation was hitting her-- hard.

She knew rough times were about to come but the only way was to go face to face with all of it. Times were changing and there was no going back. She had to play her part no matter what, no matter the sacrifices, no matter how big the losses would be.

Her eyes wandered through the emptiness outside and she took hold of the light crystal she carried on her neck. She wanted to use it right away, but impatience wasn’t part of her. She knew this whole confrontation had to be played as a perfect symphony. Otherwise, the consequences could be dire--

Blog Entries
    Kalor, Jas and Kiera

Bridge of the Rising Sun

Jas grimaced at the loud boom and sighed. Leave it to his father to make a very loud entrance. "Punching or throwing meteors at someone who can turn into mist will not be that successful. Either way, it is good to have you here to help, Father."

Kalor rubbed his ears after the loud bang. "Well, Dusty, with that loud of an entrance, I'm sure you let the witch know you're here."

Kiera glared at Kalor and at Meteoro. She had heard stories of her grandfather, but hadn't crossed paths with him much. Despite that, she still didn't like Kalor's use of creative nicknames over their names. It was quite annoying. "She already knows we're here, but she only knows about my father, me, and Kalor. Anyone else still has a small element of surprise, provided they don't make any loud entrances on the planet's surface."

Jas nodded. "Exactly, we will need to make sure we arrive on the surface quietly. To that end we can take advantage of what and who we have here."

Jas walked over past Kalor to the control panel. In a moment, a holographic topographical image of Jasmin's home appeared in the center of the bridge. A blinking red dot indicated the location in which the sensors showed where Saja was. "This area is all woods, the only native life left on Starron. That is Kiera's element, of which we can use to a great advantage."

Jas pointed next to the red dot. "I will use the ships transporters to go down alone to face Saja. She knows I am here, and she knows I am coming. If we want our element of surprise, feeding into her expectations will allow the surprise to come easier. Meanwhile," Jas touched a button on the panel and the terrain quickly moved to the coast, miles away from the house and Saja. "Kiera, Kalor, Optimus, Sojourn and Meteoro will use the teleporter to go here, to the edge of the forest by the coast, well away form the house, and far away from being detected by Saja."

Kalor spoke up next. "Hey, I remember that place. There used to be a city there. Ruins of it, I guess. It was the place I found myself when I first arrived in this universe. Wow. That was ages ago now. Why would you want us way out in the boondocks, away from you and the witch? We can't do much that fire away. It would take us hours to get to you on foot."

"If there are any trees around, we're only seconds away from any place on Starron that has more trees," Kiera said in response.

"Yes, that is true, and exactly what I was thinking. I will keep my telepathic link to Kiera and Kalor, the two that Saja knows would be with me. That link will be used not only to protect their minds, but to hide them from her mind, so she will not know where you are. Kiera's mental link with me will allow her to see what I see, and be able to determine the best areas for maximum surprise."

"Um, I need to point out a flaw there," Kiera interjected. "I can only transport one person at a time with me as we walk through the trees. You're asking me to do four separate trips, one for each of the others with us."

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast