Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sojourn

On the Rising Sun

Sojourn crossed her arms as she listened to everyone talk. Saja would definitely be one of the more dangerous enemies she had ever went against, especially with the witch's connection to Jas. Although Sojourn had died and came back, she felt could handle this. When Optimus said how he liked making things burn and shot Kalor a look, she rolled her eyes. Between Optimus wanting to torture Kalor right now for having shown an interest in Pixie and her cousin wanting to tear him apart, they were in danger of the mission falling apart before it even started.

Bless Uncle Jas, always being a voice reason among the gods. She nodded her head when Optimus old Jas that they would do their best to shield their minds from Saja. It was definitely a skill she had was not as well versed as she suddenly would have liked to be. Well, it was too late to back out now. When Optimus suggested using his sword to drain Saja, Sojourn said.

"We should use the sword, weaken her however we can. Optimus, you could turn yourself invisible to try and sneak up on her."

Sojourn was willing to be the bait, since the only advantage they seemed to have was that Saja didn't know they were here yet. They had use what they could get.

"I'm willing to provide a distraction for that to happen."

She said and was interrupted by a sudden loud boom. That meant only one thing, her grandfather was here. She walked over to Meteoro and offered him a hug.

"Grandpa, it's good to see you as always. We can't have a classic, saving the universe once again, battle without the God of the Falling Rocks."

While she and Meteoro had gotten off on a bad foot years ago, he had kidnapped her in a plot to get back at her adopted father, Sojourn had grown to love him very much. If it was not for her grandfather, she'd might not have never met Optimus. And not having Optimus Prime in her life was something Sojourn would never want. She had long grown use to Meteoro's loud entrances, even if Kalor was right in a way. That could alert Saja.

She looked at the map as Jas pointed to it, explaining his plan. It did sound pretty good, except for the flaw Kiera pointed out.

"Kiera's right, there is a risk that the constant teleporting back and forth through the trees will get Saja's attention."
    Last edited by Sojourn; 12-14-2017 at 07:34 PM.

METEORO
    THE RISING SUN

“No Boom Tube?” Meteoro was actually sad when he realized how off-putting his little exploding mean of transport was to everyone else. “I don’t do ‘stealth’, that’s for cowards, like my son here-- No offense meant, kiddo.” He winked at Jas. “I’m one of the Firsts, I was the Big Boss once at House Sinister! I walk in and the earth trembles, old people’s hearts fail, women want to marry me-- but I’m taken, of course. Do you get what I mean? I can’t do cat-like arrivals, that’s beneath me!” And then, he just sighed. “But then again, I’ve grown soft with old age. Just let me smash a few faces and I’ll be fine. Saja’s will do. She’s so uncannily ugly--”

“By the way, Mr. Not-So-First,” he said to Kalor, “call me ‘Dusty’ one more time and I’ll send you to the heart of the sun. Just a friendly warning.”

And then, Meteoro sat back and listened to the plan, on how they would be teleporting to the small forest by the coast and simply yawned.

“You keep planning this as if you didn’t have me by your side-- But I’ll shut up already! It’s your little invade and conquer quest. I’ll just stay for the blood.”

And when Sojourn hugged Meteoro, his face lit with joy. “You are such a dear, Sojourn. You remind me so much of your father-- what was his name?” He rubbed his head. “Oh, well, you remind me so much of him. You should spend some time with me at Planet M. It’s been a while since I last bombed the Clone village. Good times, you know.”
    Last edited by Meteoro; 12-15-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Optimus Prime

On the Rising Sun

"I could try that."

Optimus said with a nod to Sojourn when she suggested he could turn invisible to try and drain Saja with the sword. It could work, but he couldn't hold that form very long. He hadn't lied when he told Jas he had always preferred to burn things. He was more of a fan of a direct attack, then a covert one. But he was willing to give it a chance. He would just have to get close enough to try it and not alert of her his presence. Which was easier said then done. But he never objected to a little hard work either. What he didn't like was her suggestion she provide the distraction.

"I don't-"

Before he could object his wife's idea of making herself bait, Meteoro, his grandfather-in-law, arrived. He smirked and said to Jas.

"Come on now. You know if he didn't arrive in a loud, grand, flashy entrance, you'd think he was sick."

The God of the Falling Rocks was not know for his subtlety. Plus, he wouldn't object to Meteoro dropping a meteor on Saja's head, but he knew that the White Witch wouldn't be defeated that easily. He smiled at Meteoro.

"Glad you're here, Meteoro."

He crossed his arms and listened to Jas' plan. It sounded like a smart one, using the trees to travel, except Kiera could only transport one person at a time with her...If Saja caught on, the group would be divided rather quickly. There was always safety in numbers.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 12-16-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Sojourn

On the Rising Sun

Sojourn could tell Optimus didn't like her suggestion of being a distraction. It's not like Sojourn had a death wish, but she was willing to do what needed to be done so their family and the rest of the universe would be safe from Saja once and for all. Meteoro's arrival at least stopped the couple from getting into an argument over it. For now, anyway. Sojourn knew Meteoro had 'quirks' but over the years she had just come to accept that was how he was and loved him just the same. You definitely could not change the God of the Falling Rocks, the former leader of House Sinister, and whatever other title he wanted to throw at someone.

She smiled back at her grandfather and laughed.

"Grandpa, it's Quin. Remember? He's your firstborn child with Brynhild."

She told him with a wink. That was the first time she had to remind him which one of his many offspring she had came from and it probably wouldn't be the last. When he suggested she spend time with him on Planet M, she replied.

"That sounds...nice."

She wasn't as fond as her grandfather was of tormenting clones, but that was the Dexter in her.

METEORO
    THE RISING SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourn
    "Grandpa, it's Quin. Remember? He's your firstborn child with Brynhild."
    “Queen? Odd name for a boy. I must have been drunk-- Anyway, I hope he found a King, wherever he is.”

Letting go of the subject, Meteoro waved a finger into the air and an Mtv camera formed out of the dust floating in the air. He moved the same finger in circles around the rock and some of new commands showed up on the side of its screen, making it look a lot like a radio. Then, he turned it on.

“Christmas carols!” he yelled with joy! “I hope you don’t mind, but don’t expect me to do nothing as we arrive to the witch’s lair.”

And he sung--

“Frosty the Meteor, was a jolly killing soul,
    With a corn cob pipe and a button nose, and two eyes made of coal.

Frosty the Meteor, is a fairytale, they say.
    He was made of rocks, but the children know he came to life one day--”

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maerona
    Maerona.jpg

The Realm of Nightmares

Maerona stood in a large circular room in the center of her tower, situated in the first circle of the Realm of Nightmares. She wasn't the first nightmare demon to live in this tower. The previous was destroyed by Jasmin to keep him from trying to invade the Bright Universe. His problem was that he thought he was untouchable, that he could manipulate the rulers of the Realm of Nightmares just because he'd outlived them all. Jasmin, the current Queen of Nightmares, was not one to be trifled with, and Maerona would not make the same mistakes as her predecessor. She had no interests in invading the Bright Universe, her plans were broader than that. She desired Jasmin's throne. To achieve that, she knew she had to play the long game, waiting centuries, if necessary. Now, it was starting to look like the wait would be almost over, and her own pieces were moving nicely into place.

The first piece was Saja, the so-called "white witch." Well, if she was the white witch, Maerona could probably be called the "black witch." Saja was powerful, brash, and dangerous. Her thirst was for the blood of Jas and his family, which included his mother, Jasmin, the very queen she wanted dethroned. It was impossible to work with Saja, though, so a bit more subtlety was necessary. Maerona contacted Saja through her dreams, giving her promises of vengeance, making her think that she was subservient to the white witch. Playing to her over inflated ego and lust for blood.

Maerona led Saja to the second piece, the crystal angel known as Crystaline. Crystaline was created inside the Realm of Nightmares by Jasmin herself. It was an accidental creation, but one that created a permanent link between the Realm of Nightmares and the crystal entity. She would be the conduit that would create a small tear between the First Circle and the Realm of Nightmares. A tear that would be triggered by Maerona's third piece, the last blue angel, Galder. Even better for her was that all the pieces were moving independently, free from Maerona's interference. When the tear is opened, it will be opened by Saja and Galder, through Crystaline. Jasmin would be completely unaware of her own involvement.

Of course, those pieces would not be enough. Saja doesn't care about the Realm of Nightmares. While she wants Jasmin dead, she is her last target. That meant that other pieces needed to fall into place. Unlike Saja, she couldn't directly influence the direction of these pieces, so had to work on external forces to manipulate these new pieces. First of those pieces was Kalor and his ship, the Rising Sun. He was trapped in another universe, his home universe, one that Jasmin was not concerned with watching. She placed her fourth piece aboard the Rising Sun, as one of Kalor's crew, assisting him in his return to the Bright Universe. This nightmare agent ensured that when they returned, they would arrive in the path of Jas and Kiera. The Rising Sun would be the key to gathering Jas and his allies to Starron for their eventual defeat.

The idea was planted, and the pieces were moved with careful consideration. Maerona watched the events unfold through her scrying pool. She kept an eye on every single piece on the board, including the Queen herself, in order to be in a position to manipulate the events according to the changing of the fates. She waited this long, she knew she could continue to wait as long as she needed to.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Blog Entries
    Saja
    Saja.png

Starron: Jasmin's Cottage

Saja gave her nightmare steed a quick pet on its long muzzle as she turned to walk into the cottage. Inside, she saw her loyal blue angel, Galder. Like all other life, she hated him, but he was useful to her. She knew he was the key to unlocking Crystaline's connection to the Realm of Nightmares, when this was all over. The blue angel lacked hope and was useless to her for anything other than being the key that opened the gate. His only other redeeming quality, and one of his many weaknesses, was his loyalty.

"Galder, make sure you keep our 'guest' chained in there. We're about to have company, and I don't want her to escape," she told him. "I want you both to stay in here, away from the fighting that will be happening outside." She said this not out of concern for their safety, but because she didn't to lose her gateway to the Realm of Nightmares.

Blog Entries
    Lorez
    Lorez.jpg

The Rising Sun: Engine Room

In ages past, there was a wizard on the World of Karn who had plotted to take control of the world and become as powerful as the gods. His plan was thwarted by a young prince by the name of Kalor Sakyr. At the end of the battle, both Kalor and Lorez were gone, transported to different universes, leaving Karn to develop on its own. Lorez had found himself in the First Circle of the Realm of Nightmares. His magical powers, of which there was none his equal, had now failed him. The chaos of the new realm making even the simplest of spells react in entirely unexpected ways.

After some time, he was found by the demoness, Maerona. She was a succubus in her own right, not yet the ruler of the First Circle. He soon fell under her thrall, and she took him in as lover, apprentice, and pawn in her greater schemes. While his magic was gone, he soon discovered new talents and new abilities along with the immortality that he had fought so hard to achieve on Karn. Maerona had taught him well, and when it came time for him to prove his usefulness, he was more than willing. When he discovered that he'd also be able to defeat, once and for all, his old nemesis, Kalor, he jumped at the chance. He was cautioned, though, that the playing field was now much larger than that of one small and insignificant world. This one involved the fates of universes, and if he did well, she would become Queen, and he would be her right hand in the Realm of Nightmares.

Maerona used the failed attempt to breach the Bright Universe to open a very small tear into another universe, just large enough to send Lorez back to Karn. He used his abilities to alter his appearance and to get close to Kalor. He didn't like having to befriend his old nemesis, but knew there was a greater plan, one that would end with Kalor's death. He had waited centuries already, he could wait centuries more if the need arose.

Over the years, he became different people in Kalor's circle, never alerting his enemy to the fact that he was Lorez, the immortal. Always a human male, many times a trusted advisor. A wolf in sheep's clothing. It was his time as Beskin, chief engineer aboard the Rising Sun, that he "accidentally" discovered the way back to the Bright Universe, that brought them in contact with Jas and Kiera. Now, there was just one last act for "Beskin" to do before the end game could truly begin.

He pressed some buttons on the control panel and recalled old magics from ages ago. The engines aboard the Rising Sun flared quickly, causing the ship to jerk and begin a downward path. A couple seconds later, the engines exploded, rocking the ship as it plummeted toward Starron. He pressed one last button to open a comm link through the ship, dropping his disguise at the same time. "Oh Kalor. I do hope you survive the crash. I want the joy of killing you all to myself." He laughed and vanished from the doomed ship.

Blog Entries
    Kalor, Jas and Kiera

The Rising Sun: Bridge

Jas nodded at Kiera and Sojourn's concerns. They had a valid point, there was too much at stake for them to be separated in this battle. When his father decided to break into a song, he rubbed the bridge of his nose. This was not the time.

"You are right," Jas said after a sigh. "This could potentially divide our forces if Saja was to discover it. I believe..." Jas didn't get a chance to complete his sentence before they were almost knocked off their feet as the Rising Sun jumped forward.

Kalor quickly moved to the control panel to see what was going on. "The engines have fired!" he shouted in surprise.

"Shut them off! We're headed toward the planet!" Kiera shouted and growled in anger.

"I'm trying! Controls are overridden!" he didn't have time to do anything else before the whole ship was rocked by an explosion. Alerts sounded across all the panels. "The engines just exploded!"

At that moment is when the comms opened, and an unfamiliar voice echoed through the ship. "Oh Kalor. I do hope you survive the crash. I want the joy of killing you all to myself." The voice followed by laughter that was suddenly cut off as the comm was closed.

"Who the hell was that?" Kiera demanded in anger.

"I don't know, but we've got bigger problems," Kalor admitted in frustration. "I can't stop our decent."

Jas looked at Meteoro. "Father, can you use your boom tube to get everyone, us and the crew, to the ruined city? I do not want to risk us all getting separated or killed."
    Last edited by Jason Sanborn; 12-17-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Optimus Prime

On the Rising Sun

Optimus shook his head with a smile as he listened to his wife talk to her grandfather. He had learned years ago, that it was best to just let Meteoro be him. Even if he couldn't remember all the names of his many children and needed to amuse himself with Christmas carols to prevent being bored. The God of the Falling Rocks was still a powerful First and the God of the Spark was glad he was on their side in this battle with Saja. Hopefully it would be the final battle with the White Witch.

Before he could discuss any more strategy with his allies, the Rising Sun jumped forward.

"What in Altwaal's sake would cause that?!"

He exclaimed, barely catching his own footing. He reached for Sojourn to make sure she wouldn't fall. He cursed when heard the voice that had apparently overridden the controls.

"How many other people want you dead in this universe?!"

He yelled at Kalor. Here he thought only his own family wanted to kill Kalor for his actions with Pixie. Now, he knew that at least one other person was in line with them.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast