Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kalor, Jas and Kiera

Starron: Ruined Coastal City

Jas looked at his father. "I have never understood the fascination of some of the First with wanting to own entire planets. Tebryna was my home, but not my planet." He didn't continue, but looked at Kalor and Optimus. "Sojourn is correct, Saja is..." He stopped talking as the ground shook beneath their feet.

Kiera looked around. "This isn't a natural quake. I can tell."

Kalor grumbled. "What now? I thought you said Saja wouldn't know where we landed."

"Saja cannot make the ground shake," Jas admitted, drawing his sword. "This must be something else. We should be prepared."
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

SOMEWHERE, NOT FAR FROM THE RUINED COASTAL CITY

The humiliation he suffered at the hands of the Firsts was still fresh in his mind. It took him so long to gather himself only to be found by them once again. He thought he had hidden long enough, that he had kept such a low profile that everything about him would have been forgotten. But how wrong he was!

A searing echo tore the sky open as a space ship in flames broke through the atmosphere. One explosion, then a second one and a final crash in the horizon. A deafening sound rumbled and was followed by a shock wave that brought down the ruins at the edge of the former city.

This mad creature stood proud. He raised two fingers and two blue daggers moved at light speed in orbit around him, forming a shield that kept him intact from the powerful gale and the searing sand that got thrown his way.

How ironic that those daggers would be his first line of defense, when they were stolen from him for so long by this so-called creature… What was her name? Was she a Goddess or a Nun...?

Something must have happened to her because the daggers returned to him all by themselves, and it was at a time when he needed them most.

After being defeated by the Firsts, he got deaged into a baby… "Baby Anubis", he was called, making a mockery of his might. He lived at Planet M for so long that he lost track of time itself, always depending on others, unable to understand his surrounding, living with despair and with such growing anger that he was always chocking inside.

The daggers brought him back to his old self. He was the same God of Death he used to be, only his honor was gone.

He left Planet M as soon as he could and, seeking for the most desolate world in the Bright Universe he found Starron. It was the perfect refuge: a barren and dead world that held no interest to anyone. At the moment he didn’t have plans. He didn’t want to take over the First, nor bring destruction to any of his mortal enemies, he just wanted to vanish from sight and hid from his broken dignity.

He wasn’t a forgiving God. He knew the Firsts would have to pay for the outrage they did to him. But he wasn’t ready. He knew it. But there they were, hunting him all over again. Violating the sanctity of his home. Wanting to destroy what little he had built so far.

He wasn’t a weakling and he was a raging God. He wasn't prepared to face them, but he wasn't going to be an easy prey. He was going down in flames and he was taking the Firsts with him!

ANUBIS

Optimus Prime

Optimus smiled at Sojourn, glad she was okay.

"Good, I'm fine too."

Although Kalor was testing his patience. If not for Sojourn, Optimus most likely would not been able to resist the urge to burn 99.99999 percent of Kalor's body. It didn't matter to him what happened between Kalor and Pixie, the point was this man, he wasn't even a god, thought he could get with one of Optimus' granddaughters. And that made Optimus angry. But his wife was right, they had other problems. Saja was here and...He frowned when he felt the quake. He withdrew his sword from its sheath.

"Perhaps, Saja isn't the only one calling Starron home now."

He mused to his companions.

Blog Entries
    Kalor, Jas and Kiera

The sound of the explosions behind them caused them to turn around and look toward the coast. A large ship made its way through the atmosphere, covered in flames.

"Don't tell me that someone else was following you, Kalor," Kiera growled.

"Why is everyone blaming me? I don't recognize that ship."

"We are all in this together," Jas said calmly, eyes glowing yellow. "No more casting of blame. We cannot afford to be fighting among ourselves. Whoever that is hates all of us, and is not Saja."

The three watched as a man with what appeared to be the head of a jackal started approaching, daggers floating around him. "It cannot be. Is that Anubis?" Jas asked in surprise. He'd heard stories about the elder god, but thought he had been defeated long before he had regained his memories ages ago.

GALDER, THE LAST BLUE ANGEL
    STARRON, THE RUINS OF JASMIN’S HOME

The roaring sound of the space ship passing through the atmosphere hit the ruins where Saja and Galder were keeping the crystal creature against her will.

Galder had remained day and night as a permanent guard to his prisoner, never sleeping, never leaving, as if his will had faded away since so long ago. He wasn’t expecting arrivals and, certainly wasn’t prepared for such a loud entry. He walked to one of the windows and noticed the gigantic metallic space ship fall from the sky. He didn’t recognize its design at all. And then it crashed making the ground tremble. Where did it come? Who was driving it? Why now?

A sudden shiver ran through his back as he knew they were no longer alone.

“Mistress!” He called Saja with all the strength of his lungs. “Mistress, we need to be prepared, we’re being invaded!”
    Last edited by Meteoro; 12-27-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Saja and Lorez

Starron: Jasmin's Cottage

Saja watched as the Rising Sun fell from orbit in flames, crashing some distance from them, but close enough for the ground to tremble at the impact. She turned her attention to the blue angel that emerged from the cabin, shouting about an invasion.

"There's no need to shout. Jas has arrived with some allies. It's no surprise to me. I've known he was here." She didn't add that she had no idea what caused the ship to crash. Jas wasn't dead, she could still sense him, but was he in the crashed ship? "Stay here and guard our prisoner. If anything happens to her, you'll come to regret it more than you can imagine."

Saja turned to leave and was surprised to see an older man standing in front of her. He had appeared suddenly, without warning. As soon as she saw him, the mists swirled around her and a sword appeared in her hand. "I don't know you. What're you doing here?" She demanded with a hiss.

"Relax, Saja. I'm here to help you. My name is Lorez," replied the man calmly.

"Help me? What makes you think I need help?"

Lorez shrugged and walked past her toward Galder and the house. "You have a crystal angel in that dilapidated home. A being of peace created in the depths of the Realm of Nightmares."

Saja didn't like where this was headed, and didn't have time for riddles. "I do, and you're not going to get to her."

Lorez turned around again. "Oh, I have no desire to free the creature from your grasp. My goal is the same as yours. Using it to open a portal to the Realm of Nightmares."

Saja shook her head. "It's too soon for that. I need to kill Jas and the rest of his family before I open the rift."

"I know. So you can kill his mother, the Queen of the Realm of Nightmares." He shrugged again. "That is a goal shared by others in the realm. I know. That's where I've come from."

"You're just a lowly human."

Lorez laughed. "Only as human as my counterpart, Kalor Sakyr, former captain of the Rising Sun. A man I want to kill as much as you want to kill Jas. So, I propose we work together. Defeat our common foes, and I'll help you tear open the rift to the Realm of Nightmares so you may exact your revenge against the Queen."

"Why should I trust you?"

Lorez shrugged. "Don't trust me. I don't trust you. We both have agendas. For now, they're in alignment. Oh, and don't worry about the Rising Sun either. I'm sure the so-called gods aboard the ship have managed to abandon ship before it came crashing down. The crew, perhaps, may not have been as fortunate. Being mortal, they would have perished on impact."

GALDER, THE LAST BLUE ANGEL
    STARRON, THE RUINS OF JASMIN’S HOME

At the arrival of Lorez, Galder opened his wings ready to attack and defend his prisoner if needed. But then again, what he heard shook something inside of him.

“The Rising Sun? Was that the Rising Sun?” It took him by surprise that a piece of his past just came down in flames right in front of him, and he wasn’t even able to recognize it. That ship was a visit from a past long one, an echo of brighter times when he fought by the side of his flock, of the blue angels that were his family, his everything. Those weren’t peaceful times, but they were all he needed to feel whole.

He looked at Saja and wondered once again why he had chosen this path, but what else was left for him? He was not Saja’s advisor. At best, he was a glorified guard, but in a twisted way, he liked it that way. She had taken over his broken will and that was exactly what he needed. He couldn’t bear the pain of his past mistakes and, being loyal to her, gave meaning to what was left of him. He wasn’t proud, but, in a way, her strength and power had become his own.

The winds that resulted of the impact of the space ship hit the ruins of the house and a little tremor shook it. Their “home” proved being more resilient than he expected. The smell of burnt metal made him think of the adventures he experience by the side of Kalor Sakyr and, in a moment of weakness, he lowered his face. “Good riddance,” he thought.

But then, Larez’ mentioned that Kalor and his godly companions should have survived the crashing and he felt oddly relieved. Why did this matter so much to him? He didn’t care about the Gods, after all, none of them helped him find the blue angels when he needed them most. But Kalor and his crew did travel with him for so long in this wild chase that ended up in nothing; not even in feathered graves.

He kept on listening to Larez’ proposal to Saja without saying a word. Together, they wanted to open a rift to the Realm of Nightmares, and at the same time, get rid of both Jas and Kalor… Once again, Galder couldn’t care less about the Firsts, but adding Kalor into the bargain wasn’t something he expected.

Afraid of the outcome of this conversation, he moved closer to Saja and spoke to her ear. “With all due respect, my Mistress. I don’t trust him.” Was he really betraying Saja’s desires by standing against Lorez? He would give his life for her, she gave him a purpose when he had none. He knew where his loyalties lied and had come to terms with the idea of Jas and the Firsts becoming his enemies, but he wasn’t ready to fight Kalor. “This man’s goals may intersect with yours, but he’s not here to help you. He will complicate things needlessly and he will end up betraying you. You know I don’t get in the way of your desires, but please, if only this time, listen to me. You know I’m a blue angel, you know I can read souls, and his, is not one that should be trusted.”

Optimus Prime

"Given your personality, I'm surprised you're not dead already."

Optimus told Kalor dryly, he was a little happy to hear that his granddaughter had eventually left Kalor. She could do better then this man. But that change the God of the Spark's plans to torment the empowered human for having shown romantic interest in his grandchild. He did have a reputation to uphold. However, he did also agree with Jas that instead of fighting among themselves, they needed to stay united. Especially when they were in a hostile environment. Armed with his father's sword, he was shocked to see Anubis approaching them. He cursed and said.

"It appears to be...All grown up again."

He had fought Anubis twice in the past. The first time he hadn't even intended to be involved in that battle. He had been trying to be reunited with Sojourn and had ended on Planet M, during the battle. The second time, Anubis had tried to get his revenge on the First who had defeated him the first time. Including Optimus and his wife and Anubis had tried to destroy their home world in the process. Anubis was supposed to be defeated. The heart of life had turned him into a jackal headed baby. In hindsight, perhaps George Cloney had not been the best choice in a caretaker for the baby god. He probably lost him a poker match. He said to Sojourn.

"I really wish the boys were with us right now."

Referring to her two cats, Anubis did have a weakness for cats.

Sojourn

Sojourn rolled her eyes at her husband. While it was easy to gang up on Kalor, his personality certainly made it easy at times, right now wasn't the place or time. It didn't take long to see that Saja wasn't the only one calling Starron home now. When her husband said that Anubis was grown again, she nodded her head as she armed herself with her bow and an arrow.

"It was probably caused by the daggers returning to him."

She commented, seeing that the daggers were indeed back and Anubis was no longer a baby. The Archer Goddess had battled him twice. Once, when she was still a Secundae and hadn't even intended to go to Planet M. Her cats, Forge and Edge, had run into a portal on Lord Mattson's Keep and she had followed them. The second time, it was because he had tried to destroy the Saber Vortex. She had a feeling the Heart of Life wouldn't work this time.

"Let's all make a note to never let George Cloney adopt again."

She said. Some how the orange clone had lost the baby version of Anubis and he grew back up and no doubt even angrier then before. She nodded her head when her husband said it was too bad Forge and Edge weren't here.

"Yeah, or Cid. Considering he's a cat now."

Although Cid was stuck in a powerless cat body since her daughter, Raine, had revived him. However...She did know someone who could shape shift. She looked over at Kiera.

"Cats are Anubis' weakness."

Blog Entries
    (( Maybe I should have used Rodney Dangerfield for Kalor's picture. He gets no respect. ))

Kalor, Jas and Kiera

Kalor shrugged his shoulders. "Why would anyone trust Sunshine with a child, or a cat for that matter?" He watched Anubis advance and looked around at the ruins. "So, dogface over there is the bad guy, and has a weakness for cats. Got it." Kalor's green eyes shone a little brighter. "Maybe this will slow him down or distract him for a bit." The ruins next to and in front of Anubis rumbled and began to collapse more as Kalor used his powers. Rubble grumbled and creaked and a large steel cat appeared to jump out and landed right in front of Anubis.

Kiera growled at Kalor's antics. "What good is a cat statue going to do?" She began to quickly remove her clothing, black fur starting to cover her skin as her form began to shift, her eyes glowing red.

"Hey, it's a distraction at least, giving Kitty time to change," Kalor responded. Making the cat statue move was not as easy as simply changing its form, but anything to help with the diversion.

"It is a good idea, and we will see how susceptible he is to mental images," Jas added, and sent a telepathic image to Anubis. If it worked, Anubis would see dozens of cats running out of the building behind Kalor's statue, meowing as they ran toward the jackal headed ancient god.

Kiera growled as she dropped her clothing and shifted fully into a large panther, her eyes still glowing red. "Statues and illusions are no substitute for the real thing," she said, just before running down the ruined street in the direction of Anubis, jumping and dodging stationary debris along the way.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast