Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

ANUBIS
    STARRON, THE RUINS BY THE COAST LINE

First, Anubis saw a gigantic metallic cat take form in front of him, a little too close to make him nervous, then, he saw a horde of cats running wild behind it, and finally, a black panther came right behind the small felines.

The Firsts had arrived and were about to hunt him. They could try all they wanted, but he would not be an easy prey. It didn’t matter how much time it took them to find him, this chase just wouldn’t pay. He wouldn’t allow it.

“How dare you invade my home! I wasn’t looking for a fight. I just wanted to live my life in peace, but you just couldn’t let me go, couldn’t you?”

Anubis extended his arms and his daggers kept on circling around him, causing a powerful dark gale that got thrown into the way of the gigantic metallic cat.

But he didn’t wait to see if his defensive move worked. He stomped the floor and a wave of tremors shook the land.

Once, long time ago, when this was Jasmin’s world, when it was all about life, it was covered with all kind of creatures. Most of them were humans, but it didn’t stop at that. They were all free and populated this world as they did so many others. When Meteoro ravaged this land, all of them died. They died a horrible death and, all of a sudden, they were all gone. But then, Anubis, God of Death, made Starron his home knowing this very land was a shrine to his might.

Another stomp on the floor did more than just make the ground tremble. Hands started to come out of the ground as some kind of twisted plants honoring the undead.

The world that was a giant cemetery became the land of the unliving, as hundreds, thousands, millions of corpses went back to the surface with only one goal in mind: kill the invading Firsts and their allies.

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Starron: Ruined City

"Oh, Wedge! You feel that? The ground is moving!" Biggs said in surprise. Like almost all of the crew of the Rising Sun, he grew up on the ship, and never felt the ground shake like that.

"I know, and that explosion! Do you think the planet is crash landing like our home did, Biggs?"

"Can a planet crash land, Wedge? What would it crash into?"

"I don't know, Biggs. Maybe another planet?"

"Or one of the two moons, right Wedge?"

"Maybe that dog faced guy over there knows what happened, Biggs!" Wedge pointed to the approaching Anubis.

"I don't know, Wedge. He looks kind of scary. Maybe he's the one causing us to crash land."

"Or maybe that big metal kitty has something to do with it, Biggs."

"Or that big black kitty, Wedge?"

"Wasn't that kitty a woman a minute ago, Biggs?"

"I think so, Wedge. I saw her getting undressed." He then lowered his voice. "I think she's a bit of an exhibitionist, Wedge."

"The gods have no shame, do they, Biggs?"

At that moment, skeletons began to claw their way out of the ground around them.

"Um, Wedge? I see dead people."

"I see them too, Biggs. I thought I might have been going crazy."

"What do we do, Wedge?"

"Maybe we should ask the general, Biggs."

"She'll just yell at us again, Wedge."

"But we're only the janitors, Biggs."

"Then what do we do, Wedge?"

"Hide, Biggs!"

With that, the two halflings turned and ran to hide in the ruins.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

GENERAL SAE
    STARRON, RUINED COASTAL CITY

General Sae saw Wedge and Biggs run away from the unliving creatures that were headed their way. “Good for them,” she thought “they would not survive this battle. And good luck finding a place to hide.”

In fact, they were surrounded. They could see the hordes of creatures approaching them from all sides, the sight of the unliving got lost in the horizon and by the beach; they were even coming out of the sea. Skeletons, rotten corpses, creatures without limbs, without heads, they lacked the spark of life, but they weren’t missing a target. They were all moving toward the Firsts and the Rising Sun’s crew.

General Sae touched the crystal hanging on her neck and then, she set her gun to “Disintegration Ray.”

“Don’t let your guard down!” she ordered the rest of the crew, “give them our everything, we won’t go down easily!”

More and more undead creatures kept coming as the first explosions hit them, but as each one of them fell, ten more took their places. This was going to be a harsh battle.
    Last edited by Meteoro; 12-29-2017 at 10:16 AM.

METEORO
    STARRON, RUINED COASTAL CITY

When Meteoro realized they were about to battle Anubis he allowed a big smile to shine on his face.

“Jackal Face was living here? Oh, poor thing, he had to find a world that had my mark to live in, of course. He can’t do without me, uh?” He waved a hand and a floating meteor appeared in front of him. He jumped on it and started floating around. That’s when the unliving started popping out of the ground.

“Isn’t this sweet? Anubis is greeting me with my very own killing!”

He opened his arms and meteors started to fall from the sky. Wherever they hit, ten or more undead creatures fell.

Optimus Prime

Starron: Ruined Coastal City

"Yeah, no kidding."

Optimus agreed with Sojourn that the orange clone, that would aggravate their dragons to no end, should never get to adopt again. When Kalor created a steel cat, Optimus was surprisingly impressed.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, Kalor. But that's actually a really good idea."

Cats were Anubis' weakness and given how powerful the God of Death was, they needed to use anything they could to get the upper hand. When Anubis began to raise the dead, the blade of Optimus' sword began to be covered in fire.

"You just had to kill everyone on this planet, didn't you?"

Optimus said to Meteoro grimly, and began to fight the undead.

Sojourn

"You feeling okay?"

Sojourn said to her husband, when he admitted that Kalor's idea was a good one. She was so used to her husband insulting Kalor along with her cousin, she didn't think she'd ever hear him say something nice to the man. Although, it was a good idea. It provided a distraction for Kiera and her uncle was able to make it look more cats were running towards the Ancient God.

When Anubis yelled them, she shot an arrow towards his head and yelled back.

"Well, you never did apologize for trying to destroy my home!"

Not that she expected an apology either. When Anubis had attacked the Saber Vortex, he left a scar on the world. The once grand city of Karlen had been destroyed the day that Anubis had came to the Saber Vortex. Gone was the city and all its people. The land became the Wastelands, a terrible desert that no one, save immortals, could survive in. When Anubis began to rise the dead of Starron, she began to fight them along side her husband. Using arrows and her telekinesis powers.

Blog Entries
    Kalor, Jas and Kiera

Kalor strained to keep the steel cat moving. He was used to transforming and shaping solid materials, but to do so with the manipulation required to keep it moving was very taxing. It was like trying to make stop motion claymation without stopping to take pictures in between. The rising of the dead certainly wasn't helping matters either. "Oh, you gotta be kidding me!" The visions he had so long ago when he carried Jas's memory crystal came to mind, the heat and destruction that Meteoro unleashed upon Starron, killing every living thing. "No one told me that the dead would be rising today!"

Jas spoke to Kalor telepathically. "Forget about maintaining the cat. Keep the undead away from Kiera so she can focus on Anubis." At the same time, he telepathically spoke to Kiera. "Ignore the dead. Attack Anubis. Kalor will be protecting you."

"Kalor? I'd feel much better if you had my back," Kiera thought, knowing her father could read her thoughts.

"My powers over the mind are useless against those without minds. He will be able to protect you better than I can."

"Fine! I'll take care of Anubis," Kiera said, charging toward the jackal headed god.

Kalor used his powers to open up holes in the road near where the undead were approaching Kiera, causing them to fall through. He stopped focusing on the steel cat, and it just stood there, menacingly, next to Anubis. Meanwhile, Jas attacked any of the undead that got too close to where he was with Sojourn and Optimus Prime.

Blog Entries
    Dusk
    Dusk.jpg

The Angelic Descent: Nearing Starron

A portal opened up some distance away from Starron, a small star ship emerging from inside the portal. It was a small ship, able to be piloted by one person, but capable of holding a crew of no more than a dozen individuals. The captain of the ship was a woman by the name of Dusk. She preferred to travel alone, and had for thousands of years. Going from one world to the next, bringing both life and death in her wake. Where she came from, she was known as either the Angel of Life, or the Angel of Death. Sometimes it might even be the Angel of Life and Death. She didn't like any of those descriptions, no matter how accurate they were.

Now, though, she didn't travel alone. An accident pulled her from her universe to this new universe. Now she traveled with two others as they tried to find their way back to their universe. They heard stories about another star ship by the name of the Rising Sun. They spent years seeking out information on the Rising Sun and eventually learned that the ship was on its way to this world. She hoped that their information was accurate, and they arrived while the Rising Sun was still here. This chase was getting tiring.

"We've emerged from the wormhole and will be in orbit of Starron in a few minutes," Dusk said over the ship's intercom, so her passengers could hear. Once they got a little closer, they'd be able to scan orbit for the Rising Sun. She figured it would be good for her two passengers to be there when that happened.

METEORETTE
    The Angelic Descent, nearing Starron

“I can’t believe it has taken us this long to get this far. You have no idea how much I miss my Boom Tube. We could have gotten into the Rising Sun in one single ‘BOOM!,’ you know?” She stared at Dusk for a moment and wondered about her new companion for a moment. In a way, Dusk had become her responsibility…

When Meteorette got stranded in the Bright Universe, she also lost her mind. She tried everything to get back. Absolutely everything. On her last attempt, she forced her Boom Tube out of its capacity. It was her only means of transport and she used it to create a wormhole that would lead her back home. Of course it wasn’t going to work. And to make matters worse, not only her attempt ended up destroying her Boom Tube, but dragged Dusk and the Angelic Descent into this universe as well. Of course Dusk wasn’t any happier, but both of them, along with their third companion, had the same problem: They all wanted to go back home, far away from this universe.

Dusk and Meteorette didn’t become best friends at first sight. In fact, Meteorette was to blame for Dusk’s misfortune, but as incredible as it was, they decided to work together instead of fighting each other to death. Well. It actually it was Dusk’s choice, Meteorette would have turned her to ashes… if it wasn’t that she could no longer travel and she could use some help...

“Can’t we get there any faster?,” Meteorette was growing impatient once again. “I’m so fed up with this chase. It’s only one ship we’re going after! Why haven’t we caught it yet?”

Meteorette’s eyes were burning red.

Blog Entries
    Jessie
    Jessie.jpg

The Angelic Descent: Nearing Starron

Ever since getting stuck in the Bright Universe, she and Meteorette were trying to find a way back home. How long has it been that she's been traveling with her mother? She stopped counting after the first century had passed. Then Meteorette had the idea to use the boom tube to get home. Jessie didn't think that was a good idea, and tried to warn her of the flaws in her logic. Meteorette being, well, Meteorette, didn't listen and opened the boom tube anyways. Unfortunately, it didn't take them home, instead, it brought Dusk over in her ship, the Angelic Descent. Jessie remembered Dusk from ages ago, when she helped her regain her memories through her father's memory crystal. If Meteorette remembered her, she didn't give any indications. Instead, she just conscripted the stranded woman into helping the three of them return home.

"Calm down, Mother. We are almost there," Jessie said. "I want to get back home as much as you do, but we will not change anything with impatience." She's said those words countless times before, and she knew they always fell on deaf ears, and knew that this would be no different. "If it makes you feel any better, I have a feeling that we will not be chasing the Rising Sun much longer." She added. She felt something, on the edges of her mind, something very familiar to her, but couldn't quite place what it was.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast