Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Last Days of the First

The Last Days of the First

((OOC: This story line takes place at some point in the distant past, during the disappearances of the First. As mentioned in the OOC thread, it's designed to show what happened to Jas and Saja, and how Jas wound up on Sajara, as revealed in the main story thread. If anyone wants to join with one of their character or characters from the original Crossgen forum, please let me know. This will be a slow paced story with a specific end in mind, but there can be plenty of variation in getting to the end.))

The Rising Sun in Orbit of Starron

Kalor sat at the helm of his ship, Rising Sun, looking at the planet on his view screen. It was a dead planet, and had been for as long as he could remember. Once gleaming towers of cities lay in ruins, with no sign of any life, humanoid or animal. He remembered when he was here before, millennia ago, soon after he became something more than human.

"I never thought I'd be back here again," he muttered to himself and sighed. He closed his eyes and saw the visions in his mind, clear as if he saw them yesterday, given to him by his contact with a magic crystal containing memories of the past. Jasmin and Meteoro were fighting. She was pregnant, and he didn't want her to keep the baby. It was his anger that made the planet desolate, causing Jasmin to steal away his memories of her, Starron, and her unborn child, the child who was now a man and one of the passengers abord his ship.

Kalor opened his eyes again, pressing several buttons as he scanned the surface of Starron. As expected, still no signs of life. Of course, what he was looking for couldn't be classified as "life" in the traditional sense. Spirit perhaps? Ghost? Actually, the White Witch seemed to be the most apt name of them all. He let out a rueful chuckle when the computer indicated the location of the object of his search. Why did it not surprise him?

He shook his head and pressed another button on the computer in front of him, this time opening the intercoms through the ship. "Hey guys and gals, this is your captain here. I just wanted to let you know that we're currently cruising at an altitude of 25000 miles above the deserted planet of Starron. The guest of honor has been located, and it ain't much of a surprise where she's holed up. I'll see y'all on the bridge."

He let go of the button and stood to his feet. "Why did I agree to this again?" he muttered to himself, waiting for the crew and guests to make their way to the bridge.
    Last edited by Jason Sanborn; 12-06-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Blog Entries
    Starron: Jasmin's Home

On the surface of Starron was an old, rundown house. Like every other building on the deserted world, it was a ghost of its former self. Windows broken, and paint peeling. No life had existed to maintain this home in centuries, and like the rest of the world, had collapsed into disrepair. Saja stood outside the house, looking around. Her nightmare steed stood off to the side, stamping it's flaming hooves as if impatient. She took a breath in, and let it out with a smile. Starron was a dead world, killed in an unholy heat and fire created by Meteoro. If she ever met him, she would have to thank him for bringing so much death and destruction to a single world. Then she'd have to kill him, after all, he was Jas's father, and she had to destroy everything related to him. That included killing Jas's mother, Jasmin, as well.

Saja looked over her shoulder at the dilapidated house behind her. Inside the bedroom was appeared to be an angel made of pure crystal. The same crystal that helped to give Saja life. The same crystal that Jas wore on a necklace at all times. The being calling herself "Crystaline" would be Saja's ticket into the Realm of Nightmares so she could kill Jasmin and set herself up as the new Queen of Nightmares. But not before she killed Meteoro, Quaxo, Shae'la, Iolair, Kiera and Keilynn. And the most important prize of all to her? The death of Jas. She looked up at the sky, with a grin. She knew Jas was here, they were connected, as they always have been. Soon, she would have another chance to kill him, and she knew that this time, she would not fail.

GALDER, THE LAST BLUE ANGEL
    STARRON, THE RUINS OF JASMINíS HOME

Starron was ravaged. Its land was devastated and the few edifices that still existed had become ruins. Time didnít help for the sordid landscape to improve. Everything was dead and life didnít want to make a comeback. Still, inside one of those destroyed houses, a few creatures refused to perish. They came into this world long after it was undone and had been there for a while.

There was this house that could have been a glorious mansion, a palace perhaps, but decay had taken over and it was worthless. It didnít look like anything special, but it was the sole spot that held any life at Starron. First there was this all powerful woman who reigned supreme, then, this frail creature made of crystal, and finally, an angel.

Galder had played many roles in his long life: friend, ally, warrior, but now he had become a simple guard, as if this was the only role worth keeping.

Being a blue angel always made him proud. It gave him a direction, a place to belong to, a purpose, a home, a family. He would have done anything for his kind. If asked, he would have given up his life in a second.

Imagine his surprise when he returned from the Realm of Nightmares only to find that his entire species had vanished without a trace.

He didnít give up hope that easily, after all, he was a friend, an ally, a warrior and one of the most trusted leaders of the blue angels. As expected, he searched through the entire Bright Universe, under every moon, every mountain, every valley; but his search came up empty every single time.

To give up was not in his nature, but he did, eventually. How broken he must have been! Galder's life spiraled down to a point where no longer recognized himself. He found in Saja the strength he was lacking and eventually swore his allegiance to her, giving up the last shred of the man he was.

And now, after so long, he had become a true guardian angel to Saja, and a prison keeper to Crystalline. His life no longer had any meaning-- and that made him dangerous.

Sojourn

On the Rising Sun

The hunt for people who caused havoc around the universe never seemed to end. One would be defeated and another would rise up. Or, like in this case, someone who should have been stopped, didn't want to accept it. There were times when Sojourn, the Archer Goddess of the First, would get weary of it all. She had lost count how many battles she had fought in. But, in the end, the good guys always won. She was sure this time would be no different.

She and her husband, Optimus Prime, were on the ship that was heading to Starron. She already missed their home, the Saber Vortex. But she certain it was in the safe hands of their daughter, Raine, and her husband, Cole. As they had gotten older, times like this made her appreciate their family more. Spending time with her four children and grandchildren made her happy. It was for them she fought, though. She wanted to make the universe a better place for her loved ones. Especially after coming back from the dead. She didn't want to waste her second chance and as much as she loved her and Optimus' life on the Saber Vortex, she knew they couldn't be so selfish they only worried about their own family's interests. They were Dexter gods, after all.

Speaking of grandchildren....How ironic was it that the captain of this ship had shown a romantic interest in one of her granddaughters? Not that she blamed Kalor. Thanks to Sojourn's own mother, the females in the family had an irresistible trait. It made men, gods and mortals, alike fall in love for them. Unfortunately, for those who did fall in love, the men in Sojourn's family made sure the would be suitors had to go through some trials to prove their worth. If Kalor truly wanted to pursue a relationship with her granddaughter, it would no different for him. Something she was sure her husband would love. After all, the trial tradition had started with him. And she knew he loved being on the other side of the whole thing now.

Sojourn heard Kalor's voice on the intercom and grabbed her bow and quiver. She smiled at her husband.

"Come, dear. We have a witch to hunt. Although, do resist the urge to set Kalor on fire."

She said as they headed for the bridge.

Optimus Prime

On the Rising Sun

Optimus Prime was never one to back down from a fight. Especially when the current threat was a threat to his family and his home. Although there were times it felt like it never ended. Sometimes, the God of the Spark would just love to take nice long vacation with his wife. Especially since they had brought back to life by their son-in-law. Like Sojourn, Optimus didn't want to waste a minute of their second chance. Although, right now, they had Saja to deal with. He wasn't too worried about their home, Raine and Cole were more then capable of keeping the Saber Vortex and its people safe.

"Once the witch is taken care of, you and me should take a nice long vacation. Just you and me. Provided Cole doesn't burn our whole planet down in our absence."

He suggested to his wife. Optimus had a little more faith in his daughter being able to run the Saber Vortex in their absence, then his son-in-law. Although, Cole had proven his worth. If he hadn't, then he'd trapped in a never ending maze, not being married to Raine. A vacation sounded lots of fun to him and long overdue as well. He and Sojourn hadn't taken one in a while. It's been a lot of family time, in between hunting down enemies. He heard Kalor's voice over the intercom and looked at his wife as he grabbed his sword. As he walked with Sojourn to the bridge, he said to her.

"Not just a little burn? I mean, he does deserve it for trying to get with our little Pixie."

Kalor had expressed a romantic interest in one of their granddaughters. That couldn't go unanswered. Even if Optimus knew Kalor didn't have much of choice. Pixie, like other females in her family, had inherited that irresistible trait. That trait that Sojourn possessed and still made him do crazy things for her. Although since his own in-laws had subjected to a series of trials to prove his worth to Sojourn. Optimus had a duty to carry on that tradition. Which he had with both his daughters and would do with his granddaughters' suitors as well. It was a Prime Family tradition and he did enjoy being on the other end of the whole trial deal.

Blog Entries
    Jas and Kiera
    Jas.jpg Kara.jpg

On the Rising Sun

Jas was in his assigned quarters on the Rising Sun, looking out the window to Starron below, his mother's world, destroyed ages ago by his father. He'd been here many times, and now he was returning once more for yet another encounter with Saja, a being of pure evil drawn directly from his mind. How many had she killed over the centuries? Mortals and First alike? How many times had she escaped only to kill again later? He was tired of this chase. He wanted it to be over, so he could begin the search for his missing family, and repair the damage his fragmented self had caused. He heard a knock on his door. "Come in," he said, without turning his head.

"I thought you might still be in here. I saw Sojourn and Optimus Prime in the galley. Why aren't you with them?" Kiera asked as she entered the room.

Jas sighed and turned from the window to look at his daughter. Twin to Kielynn, Kiera was the last born of his and Oreina's children. Not only did she look like her mother, in so many ways, but she had her mother's fire and spirit as well. She was also the only family member to stand by his side all this time. "I was with them a while ago, but needed a little time to myself."

Kiera walked up to Jas and gave him a hug. "Don't worry. We'll get her this time, then we can search for Mom and my brothers and sisters." She didn't have her father's mind reading abilities, but knew him well enough after all this time together to know exactly what he was thinking about.

Jas returned the hug. "I am tired, Kiera. Tired of chasing Saja across the known universe. Tired of arriving too late to stop her death and destruction. No matter what happens, it all ends here."

At that moment, Kalor's announcement was heard over the intercom. Jas and Kiera broke the hug.

"I guess that's our cue to go end this, then," Kiera said, giving her father a warm smile. "Shall we go to the bridge and make sure that Optimus Prime doesn't start torturing the captain before we defeat the witch?"

Jas stood to his feet with a chuckle. "I am sure his wife has that part covered. You know how those Prime women are."

"So I've come to learn," Kiera said with a chuckle, and even a hint of jealousy as the two headed to the bridge.
    Last edited by Jason Sanborn; 12-10-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Sojourn

On the Rising Sun

When Optimus suggested a vacation once the White Witch was defeated, Sojourn smiled at him.

"Hmm...that sounds like a perfect idea. A nice reward for helping save the universe again."

She said and gave her husband a kiss. Honestly, they were long overdue for a vacation. For just the two of them. Although, when he mused about Cole's ability to run the Saber Vortex, she laughed.

"After what you did to him, I think he's pretty scared of fire in general."

Cole had been tested and he had passed. When he asked to burn Kalor just a little, Sojourn shook her head.

"While I can't argue he does deserve it, you should hold off. You know that Millennium would be upset if you had all the fun with out him."

Millennium was married to their older daughter and the father of Pixie. He had been through trials as well and Sojourn knew how eager Millennium was to be on the other end of whole trial ordeal. As they got to the bridge, Sojourn was serious. They were so close to Starron and Saja. The time for joking was over.

Optimus Prime

On the Rising Sun

"I thought you'd like that idea."

Optimus told Sojourn with a grin and happily returned her kiss. After all these years, she was still by far the most beautiful goddess in the universe to him. Even after all the things his in-laws had put him through to marry her, Optimus would still do it again. Sojourn was his everything. He couldn't imagine his life without her in it. The times they had been apart in the past, had been awful to him. At least those were always just temporary, though. They always ended up finding each other again. And they had built a beautiful life together. Their world, four kids, and now grandkids. Life was good for the two Firsts.

When she said Cole should be afraid of fire by now, Optimus laughed.

"As he should be."

Cole had proven his worth in the end, though. Something Kalor would have to do if he truly saw a future with Pixie. Optimus pouted a little when Sojourn didn't agree with letting him burn Kalor. He sighed.

"Yes, I suppose he would be disappointed."

Optimus had put Millennium through a lot to marry their elder daughter, Angel.

"After all, a family that tortures together, stays together."

He said with a wink and he was sure Millennium, and Cole as well, would agree that they should dust off the Wheel of Torture for Kalor. Once Saja was gone and the universe was safe once again. One thing at a time. Kalor would stay burn free until the White Witch was defeated. Even if the God of the Spark was a little disappointed about it as he went with his wife to meet the others at the bridge.

Sojourn

On the Rising Sun

"Well, we can't have that. We'd never hear the end of his pouting."

Sojourn replied to Optimus with a smirk as they talked about Millennium. He had barely survived his trials with his sanity, she was sure her son-in-law couldn't wait to get his Vampyre fangs into Kalor. She stopped in their walk when Optimus commented that torturing kept their family together. She looked at him and laughed.

"That's so Dexter of you, dear."

For Dexter, aka selfless, gods that was a pretty Sinister point of view.

Optimus Prime

On the Rising Sun

"And that would be an awful. I swear, I don't know what Angel sees in him sometimes."

Optimus replied in jest as they talked about Millennium. He did love his son-in-law and thought he was a good husband to his daughter and a good father to his grandchildren. He just couldn't help but pick on him either. At his wife's next comment, he pretended to be offended.

"Sojourn, of course it's Dexter. I'm so hurt you would think any other way."

He said, acting offended but not really selling it very well either.

"After my own trials were through, I saw the infinite wisdom of what your parents were doing. Wanting what was best for a beloved child, is very selfless. Thus why I had to continue such a tradition with our own children. I just wanted what was best for them."

Although he had continued the trial tradition with his daughters, not his sons. Before Sojourn would point that out, though, he continued.

"And, I love our grandchildren very much, as well. Of course, I have to help make sure they have the best possible mates. It's my duty as the Patriarch of the Prime Family to carry on the trials tradition for many generations to come. If I didn't....well, that my love, would be very selfish of me."
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 12-14-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast