Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fire

Fire

I'm constantly watching the news right now, waiting to see if I'm going to get evacuated. There's a fire about 15 miles or so away from me. The mandatory evacuation zone is about 10 miles from me. The evacuation warming zone is about 5 miles from me. The wind is moving the fire roughly in my direction as well. So, yeah, this is an interesting situation right now.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Oh, wow. That's scary. I hope the fire doesn't get much closer to you. Stay safe, Jason.

Oh, no! I've seen some of the fire on Facebook. It looks scary!

Take care, Jas, and I hope it doesn't get any closer!

Blog Entries
    Just keeping an eye on the news. This is going to be an interesting night.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...462596483.html

Blog Entries
    Edge of the mandatory evacuation area is 3 miles away from me, while the edge of the fire is now 9 miles away. No idea where the fire will move from here. I think this will be a sleepless night. :/

I think I'd be packing at that point, Jason. Please stay safe! {Concerned Look}

No, correction: I'd be packed up and out of there. I like a wider safety margin than they're giving you! {Sympathetic Look}
    Last edited by Anne Elizabeth Baldwin; 12-08-2017 at 01:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    I was able to sleep last night. Not evacuated yet. Edge of the evacuation area is still 3 miles from me, but the fire is now 5 or 6. From the way the fire map looks, while the fire is moving in my general direction, unless it suddenly shifts more south than west, it probably won't reach me.

Wow! How did you manage to get some sleep?

Is the fire getting controlled? How dou manage to keep your cool?

I have so many questions!

Blog Entries
    I had signed up with an alert system that the county offers. Gave them my address and cell phone number, and they would call me in an emergency. I just kept my phone with me last night. I was dead tired and knew I'd get called if anything changed, which made it easier. Only woke up once during the night and checked on the status of the fire, and didn't see any change, so went back to sleep.

Fire is still at 0% containment, but doesn't appear to be growing much. Guess it all depends on how bad the winds get today.

I'll hope for the best, then Jason. Just stay safe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast