Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
    Star Wars RP, anyone?

Star Wars RP, anyone?

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a storyline set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Timeline-wise, I am thinking of something set at approximately the same time as the first few chapters of Star Wars: The Old Republic, a few thousand years before the "current events" of the movies. During this time period the Republic and the Empire are officially in an uneasy truce, though occasional scuffles break out and both are trying to secretly undermine the other. I'm leaning toward this time period because it would give people a range of options (for example, the Jedi Order still exists, Republic/Imperial could potentially work together, etc.,) there likely wouldn't be many contradictions with movie canon or official characters because it's so far in the past, and SWTOR players may want to use their existing characters.

No requirement to be deeply knowledgeable about Star Wars or anything, just a basic grasp on the setting and an interest in a story set in that universe.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Oh, yes please!! *puts hand up and wiggles in chair*
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.

3. The following user said "Yay!" to Quaxo9's post:

Monkey Kitty (02-11-2018)

Yay!

Also, I promise Porgs. Somehow. Because I love Porgs!

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Aw yiss. Porgs!

I have no character ideas yet, per se, but I have imagined many Star Wars-y type things, so I am sure I will come up with something!

I think I'm going to use my conflicted Jedi character from SWTOR. She interests me and I have more I want to do with her.

In terms of character creation in general, the type of RP I was planning on is the archetypal Star Wars "Let's go save the galaxy!" type of story. So while characters don't have to be angels, I don't think puppy-kicking-mustache-twirling evil characters would really work as main characters - though they could as antagonists obviously. On the other side of the coin, though, a Jedi zealot who wants to mindlessly wipe out anybody wearing an Empire insignia probably wouldn't fit too well either. This is a time period with some grey areas.

Other than those guidelines, play whatever your imagination can dream up!