Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Facebook Scam

Facebook Scam

Facebook Scam

Just figured I'd pop by let people know the Facebook is changing/ cost money scam
    is back. Got a message from one of me contacts about it. being suspicious of things
    like that, I's looked around. turns out this scams been running for along time....
    earliest I's found was reports from 2009. sadly it's word for word the same &
    the grammar & punctuation is horrible. Just figured I'd pass this bit on cause
    in some instances it's users passing the message around, sometime the sending
    accounts are hacked & sometimes its a bug/virus doing it. but it also mention
    that in some instances it wasn't the message that was the issue it's the petition
    that it links you too that's the traps...

*Anyways I's not trying to scare people with this, just giving people a heads up
    Facebook not changing tomorrow.

*though it sounds like in the future there might be a sub version available to
    people who don't want the adds & what not.

Cheers Jacen
    Trying to catch M in posts

Supporters
    MystikChronicler
    Minity

This post belongs on the Advertise With Us Board
    Sworn, bloody!

Xetal

The Old Peculier perpetrator of warm English beer

Thanks for the heads up, Jacen!

Just so the thread flow is clear, I removed a post between Jacen's and Xetal's that was not relevant to the topic. It was a drive-by advertisement from a new user and does not belong in this thread.

I did not ban the person because the specific post could merit the benefit of the doubt. If the poster is reading this, please read our rules more carefully and post your content in the appropriate section - further off-topic posting in unrelated threads will lead to a ban for spamming. Thanks!
    Last edited by Monkey Kitty; 10-16-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea