Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Ellen Greenway

"The initial infections showed up almost instantly," Ellen told them. "Anyone who had been exposed showed symptoms within a day or so."

"And you said the initial event was years ago?" Isaac asked with a slight upward quirk of the eyebrow. "It seems unlikely anyone here is infected at all."

"There's a bit of a wild card," Ellen explained. "There are a number of theories about what happened - I won't bore you with all of them - but one of them is that there was some sort of pocket dimension created where time ran differently. It sounds outlandish, but there is some evidence to support it... like the seeming lack of aging by the human population. It may be that the progress of the disease was somehow halted, but will resume now that we've moved them out of that... well, 'loop,' I guess you might say."

Isaac nodded. "This is all a bit beyond me, but I get the gist. You think that bringing them here may have kickstarted a disease process that was somehow on hold where they were before."

"Exactly," Ellen agreed. "We couldn't leave them there to be destroyed with the island, but that was the risk we assumed by moving them. I think it would be safe to say that within a month, any possible danger has passed - no one who was previously infected took anywhere near that long to manifest the results. In the meantime, those of us who are immune can act as go-betweens."

Nick explained, "There are a number of people here who are immune due to various... other situations. The disease only seems to affect humans, and some of us here are... well, not."
    Last edited by Monkey Kitty; 09-13-2020 at 07:52 PM.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021