Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unearthed

Josie allowed the sunglasses to slip down her nose so she could glare properly at Roger for his slights to her name, family and profession. There was no way she was leaving now - a challenge had been issued. She'd show this non-professional how things were done in real field work. Just as she inhaled to give Roger what for, a new person appeared on the scene, nearly running into her. Indignant at the interruption, she couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the man's strange behavior.

I beg your pardon? Who...pfffthhh

Josie was spitting sand and waving dust away from her face with a finely manicured hand when Stacy bounced up to them. Shock and something akin to horror flickered across Josie's face as the Texan kept talking, but she quickly regained her composure and propped the sunglasses back in place. Looking like she had just eaten a lemon, she managed yet another social interaction with people so far below her station, she was shocked to even contemplate taking notice of them. Of course, two of them were armed...

Hello Stacy. Doctor Richardson. No nick-names.
    One for sorrow, two for joy,
    Three for a girl, four for a boy,
    Five for silver, six for gold,
    Seven for a story that's never been told.
    ...to the topTop

Ben looked around at the group forming around his vehicle. These must be the people he was supposed to be picking up. "Right, you lot," he said, and conveniently ignored the fact that he was one of the last to show up, "now you've finally deigned to show your faces around here, you may as well hop in. Duchess, you and the dizz can hop in the back seats. Tarzan, if you've quite finished doing your Dr. Doolittle act, grab your goth buddy and try not to put too much weight on the tailgate when you're climbing in. Cowboy, you may as well follow us. Bring Trigger with you, we might need something to eat later on. Leave the jeep here, we might need a getaway vehicle some time.

"Now is there anyone else going to show up, huh?"
    ...to the topTop

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DUSTY STRONG

Dusty slowly withdrew his hand, obviously introductions was not something this woman wanted to make. He faded to the background as he decided to just watch events unfold. He placed his hat back on his head and pushed it back, as two more joined their group.

He watched carefully, as one of them, wandering around like he was on a weekend binge went up to his mount and began having a conversation with him. He'd begun to wonder if he'd stepped into an old episode of The Twilight Zone. Surely, there couldn't have been more odd characters joined into one group than the ones he was with now. He rubbed the back of his neck thinking that maybe he'd finally taken an assignment that was just too much for him to handle. Just as he was thinking about bowing out gracefully, for a more sane and straight forward job, the group was sprayed by sand from a red dune buggy.

He spit out his tooth pick, and replaced it with a new one. He chewed on the end as he watched the woman emerge from the vehicle. He couldn't help but notice that she was carrying, as he admired her custom made GLOCK. He raised an eyebrow as she spoke.

Oh Joy! He thought.

A Texan.

He had wondered if more muscle had been hired for this job. He preferred to work alone, and the idea of a partner, let alone a woman, made him nervous. Not that he had anything against women, quite the contrary, they just made him nervous.

Dusty's attention was drawn to the driver of the old beat up Land Rover. Without so much as a word, Dusty grabbed the reigns to his horse and mounted, ignoring the comment about his horse being a ready made meal. He'd stick around, and see where this strange adventure was leading, for awhile anyway.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Josie
    Hello Stacy. Doctor Richardson. No nick-names.
    "No nicknames?" Stacey asked, in what seemed to be genuine shock. "Well, that's quite silly if you ask little ol' me." She wanted to suggest names for her, but the little man started to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Macpherson
    "Duchess, you and the dizz can hop in the back seats."
    "SHOTGUN!!" she yelled all of a sudden, and bounded up and down towards her dune buggy and grabbed her belongings - a large tan backpack, and well, not a shotgun, but a rifle. She noticed people giving her odd looks, and mistaken it for confusion. "Oh, yah sillies. I meant I ride in front, not this little thang," she explained, as she swung the nowhere near little firearm on her back.

She passed ben on her way to the Land Rover and stopped right in front of the little man, bending over towards him with a big smile on her face. "Well, ain't cha the cutest!" she beamed. She skipped towards the passenger side of the vehicle, dropped her backpack right on top of Ben's maps and GPRS device, then shoved it to the side to make room for herself, obviously not paying attention to where Ben told her to sit.

She looked to her side and noticed Dusty mounting his horse then whistled. "Lookin' good, cowboy," she winked.
    ...to the topTop

Josie looked at the Rover rather incredulously and rolled her eyes when the bimbo took the front seat.

Excuse me, but where am I going to stow my belongings? Is there another vehicle coming? If so, I may wait for that one.

The pile of stuff could be easily identified as a small generator, several trunks marked "fragile" that were for packaging artifacts, as well as several more trunks and bags full of archaeologcial equipment and personal belongings. Josie gestured at the small mountain, then looked pointedly at the little man who seemed to know slightly more than the rest of them. At least he had a destination. Now, whether or not he could get them there was next question.
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Quaxo's Quorum
    Excuse me, but where am I going to stow my belongings? Is there another vehicle coming? If so, I may wait for that one.
    "Chuck them in the back with the others. Don't mind the mess. And try not to kick anything already in there. And I have no idea how many vehicles are arriving. I just got told to show up here and pick you lot up. One of you is supposed to know what's going on."

He stomped up to the passenger door and growled at Stacey. "You want to get your shopping mall survival kit off my lunch and into the back seat along with you?"
    ...to the topTop

The thin man calmly turned his head and stepped away from the horse, facing no one in particular.

Name's Aster. *I do hope I can offer some assistance with our... hmm... would 'case' be a proper term for it?
    Wandering casually towards the dilapitated building to pick up a small pack that apparently lay at its corner the entire time, Aster went on as if chatting with old friends.
    I've always liked that use of the word. *Makes it sound so exciting, doesn't it? *'Heading out on a case.'
    With the sand-colored pack hanging on one shoulder, Aster headed for Josie's pile of stuff.
    Here, let me help you with that. *So? *Any thoughts on where we start? *He brushed some hair aside with his hand, revealing a pair of brown eyes aimed in Josey and Roger's general direction. *I'd love to hear what you make of our conundrum.
    ...to the topTop

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey
    She looked to her side and noticed Dusty mounting his horse then whistled. "Lookin' good, cowboy," she winked.

DUSTY STRONG

Dusty had just put his foot into the stirrup when Stacey's words reached his ears. He slipped, partially falling into his horse. He was glad he was turned away from everyone, Dusty very seriously doubted he could pass the red in his cheeks off as a sunburn. Regaining his balance and nerve, he swung up into the saddle before Stacey could make anymore comments.

Confounded women. Dusty thought to himself. He didn't think he'd ever understand the breed.

He pulled his hat down low over his eyes and turned his mount to face the others. He was glad from the ruckus that he wasn't riding in the car with the others.
    ...to the topTop

Fantastic. It looked as though she was going to have to ride with these lowlives. Unable to contain a sigh, she grabbed the handle of one of the crates and pulled it off the pile. She started to drag it towards the Rover when Aster offered his assistance. As loathe as she was to have other people handle her equipment, she didn't want to have to carry it all herself, either.

Thank-you. But be careful - that stuff is fragile.

Aster's phrasing was indeed curious. Could he be the one who knew what was going on? Naw. It was probably Roger and he was keeping his mouth shut just to spite her. Josie hefted the case in - surprisingly strong for her tiny figure - an started back towards the pile while giving the horse-talker a curious look.

Conundrum? As in why we're all here and supposedly going to the same place for the same "case" - as you so put it? I have no idea, and I must say that I'm quite miffed about it. I like to be better informed when I'm sent out on the job.

A haughty sniff accompanied that last statement. Why on earth did she accept this job in the first place? Why, oh why?
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12