Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That idea is good, but a little too close to the Exiles idea, where I'm trying to keep it a little closer to Sliders. That being the characters are stuck together, trying to find a way home, and have to find their way without a cosmic guide dog.

I think the Crossover Gem Fragments could cause disruptions in the realities, but on a very minor scale. Odd anomolies, perhaps, sort of like the Bermuda Triangle, on a smaller scale. That will help the characters find out where to go and where to eventually find the fragment in the dimension they are in.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

The Great Orange One Qwaring's clone#1 is offline Qwaring's clone#1's Avatar
    This sounds great. I'll need to work on my character before I join. That is if I join.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dana sounds like a good character idea, M.

Q, look forward to seeing your character idea.
    ...to the topTop

Major James Panyk reporting for duty.

An astronaut and pilot of the Sagitarius-06 capsule, which is the United States first attempt to land on one of Earth's three moons, the Leoma asteroid to be exact. Unfortunately he never makes it that far because he, and his space capsule, are pulled into another universe by some shard of something. He has to abandon the capsule, but brings along the emergency standard issue handgun that's stowed under the pilot's seat (brought along on a space flight just in case there really are little green men out there, or maybe some of those sneaky soviet agents up to no good) and his wits and hopes thats enough to survive these crazy dimensions and hopefully find a way home.
    ...to the topTop

Alright, I'll bite.

This is a really cool idea.
    I just have a tiny bit to throwq in:

First off, after M crossed to the DC universe I had planned to send one of my characters into another reality. *Namely, The Farmers (Logan & Hal). *You'll notice that my last post with them, they were thrown by Robinku throgh time & reality. *This, however works just as well!!

2 more things:
    First... *Why can't we have First? *I mean, couldn't we just "incapacitate" them like Tony did in the Negation? *I mean, a powerless First isn't a god at all...

Speaking of guide dogs... *What does everyone think of my bringing Aqua-Pup into this? *Robinku is going to bansih him to someplace so he doesn't get in the way. *Could the powerless pup find his way into this SL?
    2003 Ophelia Award winner for Best Supporting Hero.
    2004 Ophelia Award winner for Best Death
    -----------------------------------------------------
    #1 Official Fan of Qwaring's Artwork
    ...to the topTop

*sees Major Panyk's name*

*starts singing "Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin..."*

*resists urge to join yet another SL*
    One for sorrow, two for joy,
    Three for a girl, four for a boy,
    Five for silver, six for gold,
    Seven for a story that's never been told.
    ...to the topTop

Hmmmmm... ┬*Major Panik.... ┬* ┬*Heehee, real nice!

As for the Crossover Gem, how about this. ┬*Whenever someone touches a piece of this gem, he or she and the people just around them, gets transported into a new reality. ┬*That's how our characters would be involved in the first place. ┬*And as soon as they touch the fragments, they dissolve. ┬*Now, once they've touched a fragment, they start sensing other fragments, that's how they keep tracking them to find their way back home, and that's how they meet each other in the first place.

As for sending a depowered First, that would work perfectly for me . ┬*Aquapup, on the other hand... ┬* ┬*You know, a talking dog and all. ┬*I don't know .

Finally, once you've spoken, Quaxo, you know you've been drafted. ┬*That's how it is

M
    ...to the topTop

*mobster voice* You'll nevah take me alive, coppers!

You never know, M. I might just pop in to play the odd NPC - like on LasVegas world - just for kicks and to advance that lil' ol' plot o' yers.

No promises though.
    ...to the topTop

Would this be a medium-paced SL? *I have an idea for a character but work fluctuates, making it difficult to pin down some quality posting somedays.
    The Crook from The Brook. The Sneaky Freaky Brutha.
    I am the thief in the night, here to quietly liberate your treasures while you sleep... or slip under your lady's bed sheets to fulfill the secret passions she never tells you about. By the time you wake up, I've left you penniless and your lady breathless.
    You're welcome.
    ...to the topTop

I think this particular setting gives us the chance to be around or pop out of existence for a season or so. *You know, with the Crossover Gem fragments sending people away, if you get busy, all you have to do is grab the wrong piece . *

And then, by getting the right one, you get to join the group. *

BTW, I love Quaxo's NPCs

M
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast