Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    That works for me. *More to come then.
    The Crook from The Brook. The Sneaky Freaky Brutha.
    I am the thief in the night, here to quietly liberate your treasures while you sleep... or slip under your lady's bed sheets to fulfill the secret passions she never tells you about. By the time you wake up, I've left you penniless and your lady breathless.
    You're welcome.
    ...to the topTop

The Great Orange One Qwaring's clone#1 is offline Qwaring's clone#1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaxo's Quorum
    *sees Major Panyk's name*

*starts singing "Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin..."*

*resists urge to join yet another SL*
    The name "James Panyk" is from a character that I created for a horror based comic. I've been looking for a chance to recycle the name for a while. As for the rank, I swiped it from that song "Major Tom", the one about an astronaut. I couldn't think of anything else. Although now I might have to change it if it sounds as stupid as I'm begining to think. I didn't think it through too much last night since I had stayed up late making that avatar from an old picture that I did for a multiversal travelling character that's similar to the character idea I presented in my last post, and registered immediately after before finally heading to bed.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love the character idea, Q.

As for depowered First, if you want one, that's fine. It could e a side-effect of the dimensional hopping. The idea is to keep things on a more normal level.

Aqua-Pup? Sorry, Nes, but that may not work too well.

Quaxo, you have a character idea for this SL and will be joining

I'm thinking this would be slow to medium paced speed, due to the schedules of most of the people expressing interest. And, as M said, it is easy to have people join or leave as a result of the fragments.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Don't fret over the Major Panik name. *You could have named him after Major Disaster, or Major Baby, or Major Gay. *Now, this last one would be fun .

Thankfully, we have this nice administrator that can change the name by your request.

M
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    We have a nice administrator?

Where is he, and why wasn't I notified of this?
    ...to the topTop

@ Jason

And thank-you M, and to Jason too.
    One for sorrow, two for joy,
    Three for a girl, four for a boy,
    Five for silver, six for gold,
    Seven for a story that's never been told.
    ...to the topTop

OoooOOooOoh sounds interesting. *But alas, I have no ideas at this time for a suitable character. *Hmm....I will have to ponder on this matter.
    ...to the topTop

I want to play a Gloo name Trickle.

A Gloo is 2 feet tall, looks litle a 3-d Pacman, but he's Red (Like the Red M&Ms in the commercials). His strengths are science and engineering. He is extremely rich in his dimension, and carries a large amout of currency with him (Which is of course useless). He is quite upset at having to run around with these dumb poor people who got him into this mess and refuse to send him home.

Someone will have to carry him around in a backpack or some kind of a carriage in dimensions that aren't as enlightened as his and open to people that look like M&Ms.

He's Smart, Extroverted and very cranky.
    Irony, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

GO
    ...to the topTop

Awwwwww! I want a Gloo!
    Feel free to feed the Kulit!

@kulit: Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | @drealkulit: Instagram | Flickr
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Nice character idea. I didn't know what to say at first, but it will definately be interesting to see the interaction of the characters.

Now, here's a question for "where" the SL should be posted. Here are my thoughts on the subject.

1) Since this isn't actually based in any one universe, it won't fit in CG, DC, or Marvel exclusively.

2) Because we'll be going from dimension to dimension (with a possibility of hitting the above mentioned universes), it could potentially be composed of many unique and separate threads.

3) If this idea continues to grow (it has already attracted more than I thought), there could be more than one group that goes to different universes. Although, I'd prefer one group for the story to focus on.

So, my thought is this, and wanted to see what you think. Create a new Forum for the dimension hopping story(-ies). Each dimension will be a separate thread, with a rare appearance in other forums.

Or, if you think that is too much, we can confine the majority of the story to a single thread in the Adventure Forum, except if it becomes necessary to post in one of the other forums.

Advantage to the single forum approach is that it makes individual story arcs (dimensions) into their own thread, which can grow into their own stories later, or be revisited at a later time. It can also make it easier for new players to jump in. Disadvantage is that it will create multiple threads, as opposed to one.

Advantage to the single thread approach is that it is one location for the entire story. Disadvantage is that it could get difficult to follow later (if there are multiple, overlapping events), and makes it more intimidating for people joining at a later time.

Opinions and suggestions?
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast