Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is online now Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Semual quickly discovered he wasn't alone in this scorching desert. People and, er, things, all seemed to have appeared right along with him. All were dressed, or just looked, pretty unusual, unlike anything he'd ever seen before.

Um, hello.

Semual stated cautiously, as he bent down to pick up his master's spell book and staff. His master would definately not be pleased with him for taking these two very precious items.

Then the woman with the bow arrived. She looked dressed for the winter he remembered being outside his home. He realized quickly that the layers of clothing in this heat probably contributed to her passing out, and if he wasn't careful, the same thing would happen to him. Holding the staff and book in one hand, Semual quickly removed his outer garments, just leaving on his loose shirt.

Carefully balancing the outer garments between the staff and the book, Semual went over to the woman and knelt beside her. Even through the layer of clothing, the hot desert sand seemed to burn through his pants to his knees.

Hissing slightly, Semual decided to put his outer garments on the ground, and kneel on those. Setting down the spell book and the staff next to him, he loosened the woman's clothing slightly, and shook her gently.

Hey, Lady. Wake up.

From her appearance, she may have been from his world, he hoped that was the case. The rest, though, he didn't even know what to think.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Karen watches Major Panyk parachute down with some hint of curiosity, then sees his strange suit as she approaches. *'Is he some strange sort of aquanaut?' she wondered based on his strange clothes, but seeing as this seemed to be the middle of the desert, not likely. *'A spaceman?' she wonders. 'Yes. *That must be it.'

She runs up to the strange, suited man who seems to be breathing smoke and flame. *"If you come in peace, surrender all your technology! *If you come for conquest, we surrender!" *Yup, that should cover all the bases. *She suddenly wishes that she'd snuck a ray gun into Hawking's lab.

(edited to make it more clear that she's harassing Major Panyk)
    ...to the topTop

Kino blinked and tried to take a breath. This heat was horrible. He tugged off her winter cloak and pulled off her overcoat moments later. In a few moments she was down to a shirt and breeches, though she kept her boots on after only half a second of touching the hot ground. It was obvious that she didn't often expose much skin and that her age was maybe 19. The most noticable mark on her was a tatoo of flames that ran from her left wrist almost to her shoulder. The fires seemed to flicker as she moved to keep her pack near her and inspect it for any tampering. *Finally she looks up at Semual.

"My thanks to you, preist. But how did you end up here on this strange black rock?"

The Traveller reached into her pack and pulled out a small ceremic mask that fit into her palm and seemed to be listening to it.

"There are others around here. They should be able to help."
    Grace is dead, Kino remains.

LM
    ...to the topTop

As Admiral Kain walked down the lonely dusty road, the events of the last hour kept playing back in his head over and over again. *Had he made the right decision? *Should he had just taken the Leviathan and jumped away? *No...That wasn't possible. *He had to buy the Icarus time to get out of there, and by the time it had jumped to lightspeed the Leviathan was being held together with no more than some tape and a few bolts. *Jumping to light speed would have torn it apart. *Either way Kain was supposed to be dead. *He almost wanted to be dead. *He had probably been better off dead. *But the more he thought about it the more he realized that the human race needed him. *He had to find a way back into space, find out what had happened to the Icarus, get himself a new ship, and continue fighting those scaly bastards until every last cold blooded one of them were dead.

His eye zoomed in on an odd group of people standing about in the desert. *It looked like some idiot's convention in the middle of nowhere, people dressed in medieval robes. *One man *was in some sort of astronaut gear, though it didn't resemble anything that bore the mark of the UEDC. *And what the frack was that little red thing standing there? *Kain approached the people standing around and looked them over more thoroughly. *It almost looked like some of these people were torn out of time or something. *That could explain the 1000 year old tar paved road he was standing next to. *But even the greatest human scientists of his age deemed time travel impossible. *Hell, if they found a way to travel back in time, the Reik would be no more than a few amino acids in a primordial soup still. *Seeing as these were the only people around for miles, Admiral Kain decided to introduce himself. They clearly weren't military, well, at least one of them could be, but he decided to spare all the rituals.

"Admiral Robert Kain of the UEDC Leviathan....Anyone care to explain to me where the fracking hell am I?"
    ...to the topTop

Oklahoma Smith takes a a cloth from his pocket and takes his hat off. He attaches the cloth to the hat and puts the hat back on.

After walking a ways, he sees a gathering of the strangest looking people he has ever seen. Well in person anyways.

Medieval robes...

He draws his gun and slowly begins to walk in their direction. The other directions don't look anymore appealing but he might get some answers there. Plus, he has a gun which should give him an advantage. Then he spots the parachute. Under his breath he mutters...

Is there a plane?

He looks for a plane in the air or crashed but doesn't see anything. Then he spots the astronaught in the strange suit.

A knight... Medieval Robes... I must be dreaming...
    Father of Quaxo
    Son of the Vampyre Lestat and LAW
    Twin of Qwaring
    Unwilling brother of Qwaring''s Clone #1
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    She runs up to the strange, suited man who seems to be breathing smoke and flame. Â*"If you come in peace, surrender all your technology! Â*If you come for conquest, we surrender!" Â*Yup, that should cover all the bases. Â*She suddenly wishes that she'd snuck a ray gun into Hawking's lab.
    **The laughter dies down. Panyk glances towards the raven haired girl. His blue eyed stare falls away from her and takes in his surroundings for the first time. Desert? That doesn't narrow down where in California he landed. Where that glittering thing led him towards. The astronaut's attention returns to the strange young woman. The glittering thing was just a hallucination. Just stress. This woman and desert are real. The Russian attack was real. The threat to him and the Sagittarius program is real. The words that woman in glasses speaks peirces the roar of Panyk's still pounding heart. Surrender? Conquest? And why did she talk kind of odd? A real threat to the program, what if the Russians have sent agents to get to him the moment he landed? This girl could be a scout!
    **The astronaut's gloved hand reaches up and hastely struggles with the various buckles and belts that pins him to the chair. Within moments he is free from the ejected seat and falls to the side of it. Hours of weightlessness has left him unacustomed to the strength of gravity. He tumbles around briefly, clumsily, before scrambling *back to the chair. His silver sheathed hands unlatch a compartment beneath the seat. He reaches inside and draws a colt .45 automatic handgun. He levels the weapon at the darkly dressed woman as he falls back into the sand.**

Sorry, miss, I don't normally aim guns at women, but this is a matter of national security. I'm sure you know who I am, I've given enough TV and paper interviews for pretty much everyone to know my name, even-

**Panyk catches some sound, in the distance. He turns away from the possible enemy agent and glances at the gathering of even odder looking people and things. His head twists around sharply now. His focus is once again on the woman that had spoken to him.**

What's going on here?
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is online now Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller
    "My thanks to you, preist. But how did you end up here on this strange black rock?"

The Traveller reached into her pack and pulled out a small ceremic mask that fit into her palm and seemed to be listening to it.

"There are others around here. They should be able to help."
    Priest?

Semual reached back with one hand as if massaging the back of his neck.

Um. Not quite. I don't know how I got here.

Semual looked around at the others, not knowing what to make of them. One man calling himself "Admiral Kain" seemed to be in a bit of a foul mood. A little further down he could see another woman with a man in an odd suit of some kind. Then there was the small red thing, he didn't know what to make of that. The other two guys? Well, he was still just as confused about them.

I don't know. They don't look too friendly. You sure they can help?
    ...to the topTop

When Oklahoma Smith sees Panyk has a gun and is looking at the group and not far from the direction he is coming from, he stops walking and waits for Panyk to turn his head away. When he does he ducks behind a dune and takes aim at Panyk. He is about to fire when the sand kicks up and strikes him in the face. This delays makes him change his mind. He starts around the dune and toward Panyk.

Alright!!!!!!! We don't want any brodies here! Drop the gun, egg!

He's got the gun aimed at the back of Panyk's head.

And I want the Low Down on what's going on! Now don't be a pill and dig! I'm joed.

((1930s slang - http://www.hardtimesfest.rockinrosco.com/slang.htm ))
    ...to the topTop

First there was only him, then this strange young man dressed up as a page from Medieval Age… *then this girl with the attitude, mourning dress and glasses… *and then, there was a monster… *A red round creature that walked and talked like an animated character from “M&Mâ€
    ...to the topTop

Admiral Kain stood there in front of the group, his prosthetic eye still scanning the horizon in every which way. *That's when he noticed a strangely clad man aiming some archaic version of a gun at the astronaut he had previously seen. *The gun itself looked like something Kain had in his collection aboard the Leviathan. *He had a knack for ancient weaponry. *Call it a hobby. Though the *astronaut himself didn't appear to be UEDC, Kain thought if anyone had the potential to explain to him what exactly was going on here, it would be him. *It sure wasn't going to be the walking dot or the medieval looking kid. *He judged by the distance that they weren't far off, less than a 15 minute walk. *If he ran he could be there in three. *Though Kain was a 40 year old man, he kept himself in shape, and that prosthetic robotic leg of his let him run faster than most Olympic sprinters. *And so the Admiral unholstered both of his plasma pistols and took off down the desert to where the action was going down. *

Kain slid to a stop leveling both *guns at Oklahoma Smith, a high pitched noise erupting from both plasma pistols, a signal that the safety was off and they were ready to fire. *He didn't expect the man to know what that sound meant. *The guy's weapon looked like something from the Terran Ancient History Museum in Station City back on Earth. *

"Put down the pea shooter kid before I vaporize your fracking carcass and send your molecules on a roller coaster ride...."
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast