Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Smith hears a high pitched noise behind him. He takes his eyes of Panyk and looks toward Kain...

A chopper?

He never heard a chopper do that before. And it looks like something from a dime novel. He swallows hard. He was now in a bad way. If he turns to fire, Panyk gets him. If he doesn't, then Kain does.

Is he one of your hatchetmen? I just want the low down. I needed the bulge and took it.

He slowly returns his gun to the holster.

I'm not looking for the kiss off, Gunsel.

He slowly begins to back away. His hands away from his holster
    Father of Quaxo
    Son of the Vampyre Lestat and LAW
    Twin of Qwaring
    Unwilling brother of Qwaring''s Clone #1
    ...to the topTop

Admiral Kain stood there with both plasma pistols aimed directly at Oklahoma Smith. *What in the hell was this guy saying? *It sounded English to Kain, but it made absolutely no sense. *What in the almighty frack was a "hatchetman" or a "gunsel" for that matter? *What backwater hillbilly part of the galaxy was this guy from? *Either way Kain needed some answers and this guy was proving to be about as understandable as a drunken Reik philosopher.

"Do you even speak fracking English? *I need some fracking answers here and someone has to talk. *So does anyone care to explain how the fracking hell I got here? *Going from the orbit of Saturn to whatever planet this is doesn't exactly happen in the blink of an eye. *Well it does, but you kind of need a ship for that, and I was in the process of driving mine into the Reik high command battle fortress. *I should be dead right now, so anyone care to explain why I'm not?"
    ...to the topTop

"They have to. Its the only way people can get home. On my world there was a cave that contained ancient magical items. The gods came and retreived some of them. One was a gem that can take people to different times and realities. In a battle with a great force of destruction, the gem was shattered. Shards came to reside before each here and now reside within each of you.

"There is a shard on this world as well. The damage it can do could be anything. We have to gather the gems together. Once we claim the one on this world, we'll move on to another. Once reassemebled, we'll be sent home."

Looks at Semual half expecting him to accuse her of being insane. Then turns to the mexican standoff.

"Those are the answers that I can give you."
    Grace is dead, Kino remains.

LM
    ...to the topTop

Karen's expression brightens as she prepares to put on her best 'damsel in distress' act for the strange-spoken adventurous fellow training his gun on the spaceman, but then another man shows up with bigger guns, and soon the whole mob of strangers seems to be nearly talking at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller
    "They have to. Its the only way people can get home. On my world there was a cave that contained ancient magical items. The gods came and retreived some of them. One was a gem that can take people to different times and realities. In a battle with a great force of destruction, the gem was shattered. Shards came to reside before each here and now reside within each of you.

"There is a shard on this world as well. The damage it can do could be anything. We have to gather the gems together. Once we claim the one on this world, we'll move on to another. Once reassemebled, we'll be sent home."
    And finally, someone started speaking in a language she could understand. *Well, not language, as everyone seemed to be speaking mangled versions of the Queen's English, but using words that weren't some sort of deranged slang. *Of course, Karen's mind immediately translated 'magic' to 'incredibly advanced technology' and 'gods' to 'supremely advanced beings' and the whole concept to 'an opportunity to gain world-straddling power' but the information arrived mostly intact.

Scheming already, Karen looks around at the group and decides that the most practical-minded (and thus easiest to buy off) would probably be the scruffy-looking adventurer fellow who had sort-of defused her situation with the spaceman - before another one with bigger guns showed up - and attempts to reach out to him.

"Well, thank you for saving me from this brutish spaceman," she calls out coquettishly to Oklahoma, "Maybe when we all get to somewhere civilized you can help me out of this awful corset."

That seed planted, she takes a moment to eye up the Admiral's guns, the whirring of which indicated a great power within, indeed. *She wants those guns. *Oh, she wants them.

And then her attention is drawn to the strange thing that looks shaped like a giant candy, expecting it to sprout a giant mass of tentacles or expand into a destruct-o-bot at any time. *It would fit in with her current day, at least. *She makes a mental note to examine it closely at the earliest opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickle
    "Oh Foog!"
    Karen blinks and replies, "Er, same to you!"
    ...to the topTop

Er-Hm... *I think I'm feeling better... *Logan muttered.
    Good. *Then let's see if we can't somehow ask one of these people if know a way back to the farm. *
    Approaching D & the Giant M&M, Hal asked:
    Excuse me, do either of you know how to find the Degratti system?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    We're the universal source for bird food and spitz.

Logan- The "Wolverine" once, now his adamantium has all grown old and rusted. His healing abilities keep him from ever growing old, but his rusty claws are known to give him lock jaw on a regular basis.

Hal Jordan- DC character that the company just would not let die. Now, 10,000 years from present day, he is a simple farmer.
    ...to the topTop

Trickle watched as the collection of odd creatures gathered and immediately started arguing with each other.

Some had glanced quizzically in his direction, but they seemed to be preoccupied with their own problems.

Then a creature lying on the ground, which appeared to have some parts elevated by another, said something about "Magical Crystals" and Trickle pieced together what had happened. This caused the juices under his shell to bubble in anger as the revelation of what had occurred hit him.

"WOULD YOU UGLY BAGS OF GROSSLY DEFORMED PINK GUMMI WORMS STOP ARGUING AND LISTEN TO WHAT THIS THING IS TELLING US!" He bellowed, pointing at Traveller. *

"YOU!" He said, pointing at Semual, " can’t you see that it's shell is broken? You've done well by elevating it's.....um.....whatever you call it, but you need to stop the ..... juices from flowing. Clean the affected area with a disinfectant, preferably alcohol, then wrap it with a clean piece of cloth."

By then most of the others were staring at him.

“What! Is there something standing behind me?
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Semual looked dumbfounded at the talking red dot. He could understand what he was saying, sort of. That was to say, the words sounded like his native tongue, but some o0f the words were completely foreign to him. "Gummi Woms?" "Disinfectant?"

Semual looked back at Traveller.

So, you saying we're demons* now?

Semual rubbed the back of his neck again, in a nervous fashion.

Oh, man. That's not good.

Semual could almost picture his master chastising him. All the warnings of demons and how evil they all were. Why didn't he pay more attention to his teachings?

((* Demon = Dimension Traveller. Yes, I'm making an allusion to the Myth books, what I remember of them anyways. Semual is very loosly based on Skeeve. ))
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

**Okay, so maybe they weren't all Russian agents. That point became a little clearer to Panyk once the barrel of the revolver leaves the back of his head. The words of the woman with the bow begins to seep in. In fact the astronaut slowly lowers his pistol as he rises to his shakey feet. He leans a silver and soot clad elbow on the ejector chair that had carried him into this meeting of oddities. But the many mentions of crystals catches his attention. By the time his handgun is completely lowered, yet still ready to defend the major should he need it, he speaks once more. This time the tone of forceful demands has vanished from his words.**

I saw a crystal after I was shot out of orbit. It led me to land here. So, these crystals brought all of you aliens to my planet? To Earth.

**Panyk glances towards the road to watch a few modern cars drive by, all of which seem so very bizarre in appearance for a man that prides himself in staying up to date in the latest automotive advancements of the early 1960's, his era.**

...or Mars?
    ...to the topTop

(Trickle is beginning to remind me of Rygel from Farscape. *In a good way. * )

As Karen watches the strange little creature rant and begins to get a sense of its personality, she can't escape the conclusion that it's just too cute in an ineffectual sort of way, like a declawed cat that keeps trying to swat at her. *She winks at Oklahoma then turns to walk over to the ranting little candy and pat it on the... head? *Top side? *Something.

"Aww, sorry love, I don't think it'll be that easy for any of us. *If you're rich, though, that would probably be really helpful..."

And then the medieval guy talks about demons. *Demons? *How terribly interesting that would be! *Karen curiously rolls her sleeve up and checks for any signs of physical changes. *Aww. *"No, I don't think we're demons," she says, with a slight twinge of disappointment.

The same cars that Panyk noticed now catch Karen's attention. *Seconding his surprise, she murmurs, "Those aren't normal steam carriages..."
    ...to the topTop

“This is demented.
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast