Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Krynn

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quinn Longbranch

True, while I don't necessarily believe the rumors about the dragons, there is something definately going on. These rumors are too much to simply be coincidental. Something evil is growing, and I'm sure dark times will follow.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Leilana

Leilana had made an excuse to Quinn about not following him into the tavern. She wanted to take in ever bit that she could handle. Clothed with far more than she had ever worn as a Kangonesti, she felt out of place with the robe that now covered her body and hid her face. She had taken Quinns suggestion to hide herself as much as possible. It was unknown for a Kangonesti to be this far from Ergoth.
    Quinn had been the first half-elf she had met and he had welcomed her as a friend and companion on this journey. For so long she had played the part, but it was getting harder to be deceiving. She did not like it, but she knew for now it was a necessary evil. The secret she kept was one she promised Silvara.
    Silvara had not been happy at Lana's announcement that she was going with Quinn. They had a heated discussion about responsibility and duty. It was not until Silvara had spoken her true name in their native tongue, that Lana had humbled herself. After much discussion, she had managed to get Silvara to agree to let her go. After all, she could possibly provide her sister with valuable information. Evil had crept back into the land, and they both felt it.
    She could procrastinate no longer, she had to make an appearance before Quinn began to wonder about her long absence. Pulling the hood down as far as it would go, she timidly walked into the tavern and made her way to where Quinn and his friends were seated. Her eyes sparkled as she watched the bustle of the tavern, it was hard not to show her excitement, hopefully they would mistake it for the jumpiness of the Kangonesti. She stood beside Quinn and waited for him to make introductions.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Quinn Longbranch

Quinn looked up from where he was seated when Lana walked up next to him. He smiled, noticing that she still kept herself hidden, as he had advised her.

Lana, there you are, have a seat.

Quinn offered Lana a chair next to him.

Lana, these are my good friends, Dontais and Denia.

Quinn motioned to both his friends as he said their names. Then he looked at his friends with a smile.

My friends, this is Leilana. A traveling companion and friend I've had for a few seasons now.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Dontais

Dontais's first reaction was to frown. He was never one to open up to strangers. He didn't trust people until they proved they wouldn't turn on him. Even then, it took a great deal of effort to get him to accept them as anything more then an aquaintance. But at the same time, he didn't want to offend Quinn. He lets a soft sigh and motions for her to sit.

Welcome to our group.

Then he looks at her closely and he whispered

A Kangonesti?
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Denia

The red robe nodded absently to the newcomer while her attention was pulled away towards an old man in mouse-grey robes hunched near the bar. He seemed enraptured in his mug of ale. Just as she was about to turn her attention back to her friends, the old man looked up and she was momentarily trapped in his ice blue eyes.

"You children better hurry up. Your journey must start before the others arrive."

Denia shook her head, startled that she heard his voice so clearly. But before she reached over and touched Quinn's hand, the old man had disappeared. . . .
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Quinn Longbranch

Quinn noticed the look on Denia's face, and turned to look where she was looking. He didn't see anyone unusual. He looked back at Denia.

Is something wrong Denia?
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Leilana

Leilana nodded to Quinn's friends, entranced by their different responses to Quinn's introduction of her. With quiet meekness she took a seat near Quinn. Peering out beneath her hood her blue eyes sparkled as she silently observed her surroundings.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Dontais

Donatais turns when Denia seemed to be looking at someone but didn't see anyone. He looked questionly at her but didn't say anything.

Your thoughts on what we should do? Should we see if anyone else is going to make our anniversary or should we set off to investigate firsthand some of these things that are going on? Preferrably we get out of here before Qwar arrives and starts stealing everyone's stuff like he always does.

Under his breath...

Miserable kender.

He looks at Leilana and with a snear.

He always claimed he wasn't a kender but he had to be.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Quinn Longbranch

Quinn's keen elven hearing picked up Dontais' muttered comment about Qwar. He could not help but smile. Qwar always seemed to find enjoyment out of tormenting Dontais.

Well, our friend should have been here by now, if he were coming at all. You know how it is when a Kender gets his wander lust. We may never see him again.

I think it is about time we start looking into these rumors together. If dragons have returned, as the rumors are suggesting, we could be in for some dark times.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Leilana

Leilana caught Dontais's snear as he mentioned Qwar. She was glad the robe hid her face so well, because she couldn't help but smile at Quinn's reaction to his friends remark. It was the mention of the dragons, however, that piqued her interest.

DRAGONS!

Leilana exclaimed. Her voice being louder than she had wanted it to be. Feeling the heat rise to her cheeks, she looked timidly at the others. She and Quinn had talked on their journey here, but she couldn't recall discussing rumors about the dragons.
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast