Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Krynn

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dontais

Friend? No one is a friend with a kender.

Leilana screams about dragons, and Dontais's face winces in pain.

Yes... dragons. But don't get your hopes up. I doubt there's anything to this. They are mythical creatures.

He looks at everyone.

But unfortunately, kender aren't mythical so let's get going before he shows up
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Quinn Longbranch

Quinn turned quickly and looked at Lana as she shouted dragons. He also noticed the glances of a few in the Inn at them.

I agree with Dontais. Dragons are mythical, I really don't think those rumors are true. But there is something going on, and whatever it is, is not good.

Looks at Dontais.

And whether we leave now, or later, you know Qwar. He always finds a way to show up when you least expect it.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Dontais

Dontais shivers at the thought

Don't remind me. I was dreading his arrival since I got here. And...

He looks at Quinn

..its going to be worse because I know he'll be around the corner one of these times.

He puts his hand on his forehead and sighs.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Denia

At the mention of Qwar, Denia instinctively grabs her spell components. The last time the kender riffled through her stuff, he almost set half of Ansalon on fire by accident! Denia had hoped she would have time to relive old times with her childhood friend, but the crowd seemed to be growing.

She nodded at Quinn suggestion to start on their journey. A waning Solinari and a waxing Lunitari were peeking over the western horizon. Denia shivered. At her test, she saw a third star, which was impossible! Justarius told her that there were only two stars on Krynn. Why did she feel as though the conclave was hiding something?
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Leilana

Leilana was anxious to begin their journey as she was sure the rest of them were, but she could not get over this foreboding feeling deep within her. Had she noticed the figure in the inn that had caught the eye of Denia, she surely would have become pale and trembled with fear.
    Long ago had she broken the oath by walking among men in this form, but now she had gone further by involving herself in their affairs. Though she had not seen the figure, he had known she was here. Without realizing it, she began to tremble, the feeling of dread grasping hold of her heart. Her sister's words echoed in her mind. She was playing a dangerous game, and she may pay dearly.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Quinn Longbranch

Quinn looked at the others.

Well, if we are going to start, we might as well be off. Question is, where to first?
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Dontais

Yes. Well since everything we've heard is south, we should travel south. Don't you think?

Just then his hand began to twitch. His left hand had been injured during his trial. Since then he had bad attacks where his hand seemed to have seizures. Luckily it was only his hand and it tended to pass quickly. One time however, it stayed with him for almost an hour. He thought at the time that his hand would be useless for good.

When they happened, the attacks embarrassed him and he tried to draw his hand inside his robes and looked down. He didn't want to see their pity. He had seen it before and it angered him that he was like this.

So southward we go.

Dontais stands and goes to the door before anyone can comment on his attack. He walks toward the stables to buy some horses for their journey. He pulls out his money and walks into the stable. He spots the owner

We need four horses.

Owner: 200 gold total.

Very well.

He hands the owner the gold from his money and waits for the owner to bring the horse. He spots a brilliant white stallion.

I want this one.

Owner: That one is extra.

It doesn't matter. I want it.

Owner: 10 gold and 20 Silver additional.

Dontais pays the owner the additional funds and then places a saddle on its back.

Choose your mounts and let's be on our way.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Leilana

Leilana looked at Quinn questioningly. Currency was not something the Kanganesti needed. She had come with her bow and things that only the Kanganesti would consider necessary. Quietly and shyly she whispered to Quinn.

I have nothing to use to purchase a mount.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Denia

Denia stood up from the table and made her way towards the bar to pay for her drink and to buy some provisions for the journey. As she was about to exit, not really noticing the waitress who settled her tab, the soft, familiar voice broke her out of her reverie.

"Denia, is that you?"

Denia eyes focused across the bar towards the voice. Tika had grown so much since Denia's summer visits to Solace. Once, when Waylan the Magnificent was still doing his carnival rounds in Southern Ansalon, Denia and Tika became the best of friends. Their bond was due mostly to their similar red hair and green eyes. Time, however, has changed both. While Tika's hair became curly, Denia's has straightened since her younger days. Somehow, the Test had made Denia appear younger than she really was, which made it even more difficult for the elder mages to take her seriously.

The two old friends made brief small talk. As Denia parted, Tika gave her a brief hug and then darted back to the kitchen where sounds of pans clattered to the floor.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Quinn Longbranch

Quinn smiled at Leilana and whispered back to her.

Don't worry, Lana, I will take care of it.

Quinn spoke to the stable owner and gave the man enough steel pieces to cover the cost for two quality horses. He brought one of the horses to Leilana.

Problem solved. Now we only need to wait for Denia, then we can be on our way.

Quinn pulled himself onto the tan stallion he had chosen as his mount.
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast