Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
    a question about the library

a question about the library

Are people having trouble noticing the threads I started or added to recently in the Library? There's only three threads in there... if it's hard to check maybe we should just forget about a separate library until we have enough book-talk to warrant it.

I notice them OK, but I don't do a lot of literary reading these days.
    Sworn, bloody!

Xetal

The Old Peculier perpetrator of warm English beer

*pause* I didn't think of comics as literary reading, even if they are mostly from the 1960's, with some from the 1970's, 1950's, 1940's, and 1980's. *puzzled smile*

*pause* but the most active thread is called 'novels we're reading.'

After doing a degree that was marked 80% on literature, I enjoyed novels of all sorts for a long time, but for the last five years or so I haven't found anything to stir my imagination. My favourite Chaos! comics died 16 years ago, and yes, you can take comics as a form of literature if you wish. Depends really on the stories the writers tell: some are short but others can turn into fairly extensive sagas which can be the subject of considerable literary criticism (in its academic sense.)

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    I haven't been reading much lately, so I haven't been posting, Anne! Well, reading much aside from scientific papers, anyway!
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.

Okay, I re-named the thread to "stories we're reading." It really should have been renamed long ago to include the anthologies and shorter stories. Now, "Stories We're Reading" should even include comics without much of a stretch. Unless you'd rather break it up? We could do that, too.

I understand how reading enough scientific papers can tire your brain enough, you aren't really ready to read more.

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Good idea, Anne! And thank-you for understanding!

You're most welcome.

I'm hoping someone will have some recommendations in comics or something.

There. We now have "Books we are reading," and "Comics we are reading," and my last post in "Books..." now starts "Comics...". I can actually give an update about the comics.

I also renamed recommendations, to make it clearer what it starts with: asking for comic recommendations. Not anything else.
    Last edited by Anne Elizabeth Baldwin; 01-08-2019 at 12:47 PM.