Super Real #2
Written by: Jason Martin
Art by: Jason Martin
Fonts by: Blambot.com
Variant Cover by: Edward Pun
Inside Cover Pinup by: Stan Shaw
Published by: Super Real Graphics

Disclaimer: This is a review of a book that is for Mature Readers only. Reader Discretion is advised.

There's been comic book written about super heroes, and there's been television shows that are dubbed reality television because they are unscripted shows about "real" people. What do you think would happen if someone wrote a comic book about a reality show where real, regular people are given super powers? Super Real #2 to answer that very question. Think of it as The Real World: Superheroes-style.

It's the second issue of the new comic about five young people picked to star in a reality show about super heroes. The five participants arrive in Oregon and meet each other for the first time. Personalities begin to shine as the innuendo and suggestions fly resulting in bodybuilder Mike taking off his clothes to walk around in only a speedo. Soon their ride arrives, and they are taken to their new digs, a former shopping mall with a very minimalist feel. Some of the participants are curious to know why there aren't camera's taping their arrival, but the producers quickly sidestep their questions and more clues are given as to what sort of genetic enhancements will they be shortly undertaking. For the conspiracy nut, I'm sure there are several questions that will run through your heads about all this.

After the participants are shown to their room (very minimalist indeed with only a bed in it and no place to put their clothes) and informed that they won't be needing the things they brought with them (more fodder for the conspiracy fans out there), the producers meet with the true powers behind this whole experiment. The owner of the television station is named W.W. III (W3), and there's no doubt in my mind that he isn't meant to represent George W. Bush, he even looks like Dubya. The other person in charge is Dick Fadir, CEO of Geniburton (which I assume is the company that created the process which will give the participants their enhancements), and a dead ringer for Dick Cheney. (CLASSIC!!)

The art continues to be consistent. There are a few awkward moments where I can't quite picture a person really moving or looking like the character is drawn. However, there's enough of a solid art feel to the book to overlook the little things. Again, Jason has really knocked things out of the ball park in terms of a professional and enjoyable story. You should really give this series a try. For ordering information, please see http://www.superrealgraphics.com. For this issue, I'm giving a 4 out of 5 stars.