Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
    The Crossovers' Hunt - OOC

The Crossovers' Hunt - OOC

This is the second story that will be taking place in the Crossovers Universe. A little lower key in this case.

As of now, we have four abductees... I mean, four players in this game:

Gurgling Ooze
    Prometeo
    Oxim
    M

It will have a slow pace, so, no need to rush .

The setting will be a future Earth, with high technology and, of course, a gathering of Crossovers. The difference with the main Crossover game, is that this one will have this Crossover guy as the main antagonist. He comes from an even further future which suffered an immense tragedy. He wants to change the past and, to do so, he's hunting other Crossovers to steal their gem.

I will be playing this antagonist.

Everything else is up for grabs and open to suggestions.

M
    ...to the topTop

Re: The Crossovers' Hunt - OOC

First of all, as a newbie, a have a lot of doubts and stuff like that...
    And as this is not my native language my lack of self confidence is ruling me... so take a little patience with me please!!!!!

I would like to know if it's necessary to stablish an specific date or social-political events to get into frame the behavior of the caracters...

In this hyper-technologized future Earth there is this guy who has an extraordinary sensibility for the things concerning to the spirit and soul because of his DNA configuration... but his trying to understand the matters of the flesh firts of all because his biochemical condition is becoming such a bore to him. He's trying to find something or someone with less complexity to learn a little more about why this entire world is living under this annoying amount of spiritual-developer devices... This Earth has no information or intention to travel in time or into other dimensions... Here's the point for my caracter, Oxim; he found what he was looking for but he does not know what the heck it is or how it can help him to get his goal, but he knows, deep inside, this is the beguining of a new future for the rest of the humanity...

Pleas help me to get my ideas into shape, in order to fit this new story...
    ...to the topTop

Well, yes, we should define the environment of this future Earth to make things work. I think you already told me you had a nice idea for the setting. Feel free to tell the others to see if it works for anyone.

As for your character, I like where you're going. There's some sense of self-discovery in him. Now, all you have to do is mix your plans with the whole Crossover deal. Remember? People from several timelines and dimensions get transported to a certain place (in this case, this future Earth) by a fragment of the Crossover Gem.

So, here's for you: Is your character a native of this timeline or is he a Crossover who arrived there due to a fragment of the gem?

M
    ...to the topTop

Thanks, M!
    About my caracter, yes, he's native of this timeline but he hasn't any idea about time traveling or crossing over dimensions. This doesn't mean that it is not ocurring anyway in this timeline, and of course he and some other native caracters in this Earth have the necessary knowledge to understand this kind of universe-twisting stuff, but they are inmmerse in their self enjoyment to worry about that. What Oxim is about to find will change this absolutely...
    I have to study the crossover game to know more about how this can happen, or maybe your caracter can introduce a little reference when he appears in the story, brought here by the power of a gem's fragment...
    I'll be trying to explain my ideas about this future Earth next time, to put this clear as soon as possible!
    ...to the topTop

Is it possible that the crystals are bringing the cossover people to help Oxim achive his goals. That would allow him to be from this timeline and once he has achieved some of his goals he gets warped out with the others.

We can work it so that the people who slide in have the life tools to be able to help Oxim.

Now I just need to think about my character.

I Promise, no giant talking M&Ms this time!
    Irony, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

GO
    ...to the topTop

Hmmmmm... Now that's an interesting idea. Maybe Oxim's character is a potential Crossover, but the gem fragment has trouble contacting him. It would make sense that other Crossovers are brought here in order to help him.

This would also tie nicely with my still unnamed character, because knowing that Oxim's character is a beacon for other Crossovers, he could be using him as a bait.

What do you think?

M
    ...to the topTop

Awesome.

Here a character Idea I'm tossing around in my head.

298837F EB2431 (Yix)

Yix is an android.

He comes from a reality where machines have achieved sentience and most of the human race has died form a powerful virus. Only small pockets of humanity still exists. These pockets have reverted to a more primitive state. During the timeline of the story, there are at most 5,000 humans alive, living in small tribes.

The machines and humans always had a happy and prosperous relationship. When the Mega-Virus struck, the machines took care of the remaining humans, trying to bring them back to health, without success.

The few remaining tribes of humans are now protected by the machines, which have developed their own society. The Main Construct, what the machines call their central processing unit, has decreed that the humans are to be left alone to prosper, grow and multiply without interference until they can retake their place by their side.

Yix is a maintenance worker. He works near one of the human tribes. His job is to ensure that the equipment monitoring the human’s development is working properly and that any major catastrophes are reported to the Main Construct for instructions.

What the Main Construct doesn't know is that Yix has contacted one of the humans. A little girl Yix calls One. One caught him making repair on one of the seismographs in the area. Rather than run away, Yix just stood and stared at the little human. One, apparently fearless, walked up to Yix and gave him a big hug and a smile. Yix's central cooling system pump melted and he embraced the youth.

Ever since that day, Yix has spent a few hours a week with his new friend. He had even started to teach her one of the old abandoned human languages, so they could communicate easily.

One day, One brought Yix a Crystal. Yix didn't know what it was or why One had it. She presented it to him as a present. When Yix brought it up to his face, it started to glow.

Yix stared at it in fascination when he suddenly felt a strange spinning sensation. The next thing he knew, he was standing on a street in a place he didn't recognize.

Yix is 6'3", 750 lbs, and is humanoid in shape. His head looks quite human, in the Android style of the time, and would be undetectable by anyone looking at him. His body, although human shaped, is entirely metallic. In order to blend into human society, he would need to be covered all the way to his head.

If the place we are in had robots already, then he'll fit in.

Comments?
    ...to the topTop

I love your Yix character already, Ooze! I have nothing else to add, he's just perfect

M
    ...to the topTop

See! I can do serious Character too!
    ...to the topTop

Well, I’m here, finally
    My English is bad, so take a little patience with me too

I don’t have a character, yet. But I’m thinking and planning concerning he.
    So, soon I’ll write about my character.

I'll see you shortly
    ...to the topTop