Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Crossgen Talismans

The Crossgen Talismans

The Crossgen Talismans are powerful magical artifacts in the Crossgen Universe. There are specific rules associated with use and possession of these talismans.

1) These talismans belong to the people they are given to first. They belong to the forum second.

2) The only way you can lose the talisman given to you is to give them away or to stop posting in the RP forum. After a one month absence without word, the talisman reverts to the forum to be found by another. Exceptions made if the poster states that they will be gone on vacation/work/school until a certain date. One month is given from the supposed return date.

3) There is no additional power in gathering the talismans together. If you get more then one, you simply have the powers of each talisman. The Crux talisman is the exception. It requires another talisman to work.

If, when claiming a talisman, a stone hasn't been assigned to it, feel free to choose a stone. Once assigned, though, it cannot be changed by future owners.

For an easy-to-use reference of gem types and colors, check out: http://www.rdinn.com/gem_descriptions.html

Abadazad: (Gem Type: ) The power to find people and things that are lost - Galder
    Brath: (Gem Type: ) Understand different language and develop strategies easily - Millennium
    Chimera: (Gem Type: Star Sapphire) The power to reveal the truth - Jas
    Chronicles: (Gem Type: ) The power of the wielder is increased tenfold - Klitke
    Crossovers: (Gem Type: Black Pearl) The power to move from one reality/universe to the next - Janus
    Crux: (Gem Type: Onyx) This power is undefined and works with another talisman to cause a random event - Tigers
    DemonWars: (Gem Type: Tourmaline) The power to control the supernatural - Magnus M. Black
    El Cazador: (Gem Type: Alexandrite) The powers necessary to find and reach a set destination or goal. - Quaxo
    First: (Gem Type: ) The power to create force fields - Captain Adam Hiedraa
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang: (Gem Type: Fire Opal) The power to change appearance and hide presence from others - Minity
    Lady Death: (Gem Type: Chalcedony) The power to create or destroy undead (zombies, ghouls, etc). - Seer
    Meridian: (Gem Type: Star Ruby) The power to heal - Jacen Bell
    Mystic: (Gem Type: ) The power to grant wishes - Qwathing
    Negation: (Gem Type: Emerald) The power to change into the appropriate member of the opposite universe. (IE First to Lawbringer) - Qwathings
    Path: (Gem Type: ) The power to force their will on someone - Millennium
    Route 666: (Gem Type: Obsidian) The power to see evil, see spirits and speak to the dead. - Sadeh
    Ruse: (Gem Type: ) The power to hide the truth - KLitke
    Scion: (Gem Type: Bloodstone) The power to command others - Jas
    Sigil: (Gem Type: Black Opal) The power to become untrackable - Jas
    Sojourn: (Gem Type: Ruby) The power to go anywhere at anytime - Sojourn Fan
    Solus: (Gem Type: Diamond) The power to cause memory loss or to recover memories - Captain Adam Hiedraa
    Way of the Rat: (Gem Type: Aquamarine) The power to become a master of any weapon - Honor's Angel
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Re: The Crossgen Talismans

Re: The Crossgen Talismans

The Sojourn Talisman will also be passed on at SF's funeral.

Sojourn Talisman still belongs to the Saber Vortex but is currently broken by Raine and Cole. Raine is trying to fix it at the Dexter School.

Re: [OOC] The Crossgen Talismans

I forgot I had that. PlotsYes. I think I'm going to have to abuse that for a good cause.
    Asking him to not be cryptic is like asking the First to stop fighting among themselves. - Jessie

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar

Thanks for posting Janus! It reminded me that the El Cazador talisman has switched hands so to speak. It is currently in the possession of Qwaring's Clone #2 or Secun...something. Sorry Q. I'll get it yet.

But yeah, the red dude's got my stuff!
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaxo9
    Sorry Q. I'll get it yet.
    Don't bother, I hated the name so much that I've changed it. I'm thinking his new name will be Qwarz.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaxo9
    But yeah, the red dude's got my stuff!
    Did he also get the spear of Altwaal? I can't remember.
    And the red guy isn't as bad as the orange one. Ol' red only takes items of power. Cloney takes peoples pants.

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar

I had the Spear of Altwaal? Yeah...I guess I did. Um. Hmm. I completely forgot about it. We could pretend that Mil took it as he was there at the disintegration.

Or we could fight over it. Up to you.

Mil having the spear is fine. I'm just taking a little inventory of all of the "toys" I've got to play with.

Since it's been a long time since this was used and not much rp stuff has happened, can I ask for a general consensus from people over whether or not we can consider some of the talismans 'lost' and once found can be used again? I'm especially interested in using a talisman for my Lissix character that is currently listed as being with Mil. Since Mil hasn't been back since August and I don't know how to reach him, I wanted to ask the board before I used it.
    Clones under the MC account: Berchnal, Justine, The Zee Twins: Daizee and Maizee, A Man of Mystery, Styx and Kratos

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Based on the original agreed upon rules for them, it would seem that the logical thing would be they're all lost again.

My opinion on this is we can give the listed owners a chance to lay claim to them first, before they go into the void.

As for the ones assigned to me or my characters, I'm ok with them getting lost again. This Jas is a reboot anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast